Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight (Australia) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

We watching this or nah?

I just started. Right away I notice that this differs from the US version in that there will be a lesbian couple, and there are also single parents. One woman is a 38-year-old single mother of 2-year-old twin boys (their father left her for another woman when they were 6 weeks old) & her possible match is a dad to teens. I think surprising your kids with a stepparent is a bad idea.

• Love 10
(edited)

Love it! The handsome (not the Paul Bunyan one) husband seems 100% smitten with his bride. I could watch him for hours, and I will!

Not interested in the lesbian couple. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2

Worth a try ... I have recently watched a lot of Australian Survivor and I think it's better than the US version (which I also love!). So I'm on the hook for Australian Married at FIrst Sight.

• Love 6

I was onboard as soon as I heard “Australia”. I was a big fan of The Biggest Loser Australia and love MAFS. Poppy is annoying me already but I’m glad her friends pulled her aside. I can’t wait for the next episode. Is there an episode tonight? That's what Lifetime website says but I don't see anything on the guide.

• Love 2

I watched about the first dozen or so episodes of this (there are about 50 episodes in total, I think), and it is garbage.  Absolute trash.

The process is very different from the UK and US MAFS shows.

The weddings aren't real or legally-binding so the couples aren't actually married and throughout the process the couples have to decide at a weekly commitment ceremony if they want to stay together or not. If they both agree to split, then that's it, but if only one wants to split and the other doesn't, then they're stuck with each other until the next commitment ceremony.

The couples are awful, many of them are reality TV wannabes who've been on First Dates and other similar shows in the past, or people deliberately chosen for the drama. There is not one single person who is in it to find a spouse. It's probably the worst so-called reality show I've ever seen.

Don't say I didn't warn y'all.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, essexjan said:

I watched about the first dozen or so episodes of this (there are about 50 episodes in total, I think), and it is garbage.  Absolute trash.

I got that impression just watching the promos before the show even aired.  I watched about 15 minutes last night and couldn't take it anymore because, yes, it is absolute trash.  I felt like I needed shower afterwards.  

• Love 1

Wow I'm so surprised! I thought this thread would be jumpin the way the US version's always is. I was surprised to see a lesbian couple because the US "experts" have always rightfully pointed out that without being able to separate by gender there was no way to guarantee the the future brides/grooms don't meet during the casting process. I wonder how they were able to pull that off? I really like the groom to the bride who was freaking out about leaving her kids (Poppy?) He seems like a really genuine man. Hopefully he's for real. I did think that 1.5 hours for only 2 couples was quite a stretch but this show is known for making it's episodes as long as humanly possible. Im definitely in for now...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, essexjan said:

The weddings aren't real or legally-binding so the couples aren't actually married and throughout the process the couples have to decide at a weekly commitment ceremony if they want to stay together or not. If they both agree to split, then that's it, but if only one wants to split and the other doesn't, then they're stuck with each other until the next commitment ceremony.

The couples are awful, many of them are reality TV wannabes who've been on First Dates and other similar shows in the past, or people deliberately chosen for the drama. There is not one single person who is in it to find a spouse. It's probably the worst so-called reality show I've ever seen.

Well, gee, thanks.

But I don't remember asking to know all this, so I could, you know, maybe ENJOY the show. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, essexjan said:

The couples are awful, many of them are reality TV wannabes who've been on First Dates and other similar shows in the past, or people deliberately chosen for the drama.

I watched the first 40 minutes or so and noticed that the women in particular had a certain kind of “ready for TV” look that the US women I’ve seen don’t have. There’s some plastic surgery in that group.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 5/28/2020 at 12:32 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Well, gee, thanks.

But I don't remember asking to know all this, so I could, you know, maybe ENJOY the show. 

@LennieBriscoe, thanks for posting my thoughts exactly.  There's no reason to ruin something for those of us who might, you know want to watch.

I think it's interesting they have single parents on this show.  That's something they've never done in the US.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10

I have questions about how the pick their candidates and whether they are ever grouped together. That is why the US version has always said no to same sex...hard logistics.

I’m not a fan of the single parent thing bc how do you spring a whole stepparent on a kid? Especially, in Poppy’s case, on 2.5 year olds. “Here is your new dad Paul Bunyun boys! He’s moving in!” Negative! I don’t think they will make it though so it may be moot. I really like him though. 

the other husband is super cute. That’s all I got for now. Wife annoyed tf out of me but I have hopes.

the lesbian couple looks attractive together. I like them separately so I hope I like them together. I hope they like each other too.

• Love 2

I just finished episode 3 and I'm in for the long haul. I think it's interesting that there are older couples, couples with kids, women who aren't movie star gorgeous, and people who have had serious past mistakes. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, BluBarbi98 said:

I just finished episode 3 and I'm in for the long haul. I think it's interesting that there are older couples, couples with kids, women who aren't movie star gorgeous, and people who have had serious past mistakes. 

I like the older couple thing but not the kids. The way Poppy broke down about her kids underscored for me why they shouldn’t select people with kids.

But, like you, I’m all in.

• Love 5

I said I wasn't going to watch it....but I did. Two things stand out one couple are same sex couple (female) and one couple the man is the father of two boys.

As for the two woman I think they're chances are as good as anyone's. I assume they live in places where same gender couples are common. As with the American couples the adrenaline rush was palpable for the couples. I don't think the producers looked at being photogenic as a number 1criteria.

The woman who married the guy with two boys has a deep rooted insecurity about her appearance because of persistent acne. I think she's attractive and does have a big personality...

• Love 3

So the one groom goes for blondes but seems disappointed when he gets a brunette bride. Hadn't he heard the adage "Gentlemen prefer blondes, but they marry brunettes"? 😉

As for the parents of the groom with the ex-druggie bride, get over it. His "usual kind of girlfriend" is the reason he hasn't married before!

Episode 4: Drama Ensues!

• Love 6

I'm sorry I can't remember names yet, but the gal with the bad complexion really had such poor self-esteem. I felt so sorry for her. She totally misread the situation as I do think her groom was attracted to her and she kept thinking he wasn't. Why in the world would she ask him if she was the type he normally went for? That's only asking for disappointment. I do think it was wrong, however, for the experts to pair her with someone who had 2 children as not everyone wants to become a stepparent.  In the case of Poppy and Paul Bunyon, they both are parents but yikes, Paul Bunyon's kids are teens and Poppy has 2 year-old twins! I wonder how he feels about that?

The former boxer turned truck driver who lives on a farm with lots of acreage and the extrovert brunette former addict seemed to have loads of chemistry. Mom and Dad were sour pusses. Yeah, I get that the bride wasn't all that demure, but lighten up and give her a chance. She seemed to be happy to be welcomed into an 'intact' family but boy did she misread that one. Coming attractions have me worried. I wonder what could have happened to have everything implode?

• Love 7

Finally found this thread! Not sure why it can't be in the Married at First Site forum. I tried searching for it using the word "Australia" and it didn't come up.

Anyway... I listen to a lot of Australian podcasts, so its going to be fun watching a tv show and hearing the accents. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I’m watching this but there are way too many couples at once. Not liking the woman who said her husband ‘s salary won’t cut it, then lied about saying it. And if you tell the experts smoking is a deal breaker, don’t set them up with a smoker!

The new Ukrainian guy seems really off. Who gets that enraged over someone singing. I like his new wife. When she said “he’s the male me” that’s usually a sign things won’t work out. People work best as romantic partners if they can bring something new to the relationship.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I’m watching this but there are way too many couples at once. Not liking the woman who said her husband ‘s salary won’t cut it, then lied about saying it. And if you tell the experts smoking is a deal breaker, don’t set them up with a smoker!

I wasn't surprised by this at all.  She said she was a drug addict 5 years ago, yet she's drinking.  She's probably not in any recovery program.  Honesty is important when you're in a program.  

I think she wasn't truthful about smoking.  But as soon as her husband said it was a deal breaker and she's supposedly an "occasional" smoker, she should have stopped right there.

Does anybody know why they're not "really" married, the way they are in the US version?

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/11/2020 at 9:12 AM, Madding crowd said:

The new Ukrainian guy seems really off. Who gets that enraged over someone singing. I like his new wife. When she said “he’s the male me” that’s usually a sign things won’t work out. People work best as romantic partners if they can bring something new to the relationship.

I think the half-sock in the shoe is the clue (kidding on the square)! That is to say, Ukrainian Guy (Ivan, pronounced Yvonne, like with tennis great Lendl) might have a wee bit of pretension and thus what to a normal person would be cause for humor ("That's my crazy Mom!") was for him deeply embarrassing. He seemed properly chagrined, though, when Serbian Aleks reminded him that her family wasn't there at all. I think she could help him and be Stephanie to his David. 🤞

Tattooed Amazon is too much and wants too much for our Farmer. Or any human, really. Not cool to snipe at his income and then deny it. 🤔

Rich Beta Boy ain't cutting it either with his Alpha Bride, although maybe his skiing made up for his fear of rappelling. They don't seem matched to me, mature-looks-wise (FTR, I think he's cute!). 😟

Mandy and Tash are a No-Go. 💔

Marine Biologist Connie and Laid-Back Jonny are adorable!💝 Her sour-puss mother is, however, not. She looks like she has felt entitled her entire life. 

Hot-Tub Cathy and Big Josh seem well-matched physically. Ahem! 😉

Complexion-Complex Vanessa and Chris can make it, providing she lets herself relax about her attractiveness. He seems fine with her! 😊

I love this Aussie version! 😁💋

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 11

I found my people!!!

I like this version... it's the US version but on speed. I mean, the US version takes one whole episode to look for a wedding dress, the AU... 40 seconds. Speaking of wedding dresses, a majority have been stunning. 

Speaking of the brides; so many brunettes (which I love because I am a brunette... well, I have black hair, but I digress). When they first pop up on the screen my brain goes into overdrive - "is this the ex-drug addict? the girl with the acne? Poppy with the twins? the one who dates the elderly? the girl with the disapproving parents? the one with the mom who laughed at her? one of the lesbians?" They all look so similar at first (and when I don't have my glasses on).

Cathy and Josh in the hot tub... when she took her robe off, my husband and I both said "shaaaawwiinnngggg" at the same time. Josh kept stealing looks at her. It was quite adorable. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

I was really disappointed in Tash’s behavior. She didn’t even try to be friends. I wonder what turned her around so quickly?

Maybe after hearing about Amanda's past relationship ending so soon, she is scared? That's all I can think of... however, she really needs to lighten up a bit and at least be friendly. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, UniqueHandle said:

Maybe after hearing about Amanda's past relationship ending so soon, she is scared? That's all I can think of... however, she really needs to lighten up a bit and at least be friendly. 

1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Tash said straight out (heh) that she wasn't attracted to Amanda. But she hasn't exactly said why, if that's even answerable. 

We have our Aussie Zach and Mindy, down to the sleeping in different rooms!

Hi, everyone! I'd recorded the episodes and then forgot to watch them, so I did a bit of a binge yesterday and got caught up.

I am very disappointed with the Tash/Amanda situation, too, because it seemed like Tash was attracted to Amanda - at least for the first 24 hours. So I'm completely confused as to why Tash suddenly flipped and is now saying she isn't attracted to Amanda. (FTR, I think both women are stunning and I'm straight). 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Tash will stick it out in the hope once she gets to know Amanda, her attraction to her will grow, but nobody in the U.S. version ever seems to do that. ☹️

IMO Tash's bridesmaids are shit-stirers. When someone says they're "protective" of someone else, what's often closer to the truth is they're overly involved in their life in ways that are none of their damn business. 

I didn't like the way they pulled Amanda aside, grilled her, and then immediately went running back to Tash to "tattle" on her (inaccurately, I might add).

I'd be willing to bet both of those girls are single and no woman will ever be good enough for their Tash; they just don't want any interlopers breaking up their cozy little friend threesome. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I'd be willing to bet both of those girls are single and no woman will ever be good enough for their Tash; they just don't want any interlopers breaking up their cozy little friend threesome. 

What's so bad about being single? 

Maybe Tash is there to get a free vacation?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

What's so bad about being single? 

Maybe Tash is there to get a free vacation?

There's nothing at all wrong with being single. I'm currently single. 

But when one of a friend group of two, three, or more single people (male or female) decides they don't want to be single anymore, it's not unheard of for the others who don't have or don't want relationships to sabotage the relationship of the one who does - to keep the friend group together.

Hurting someone else so deeply just to get a free vacation would be a pretty nasty thing to do, don't you agree? 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

But when one of a friend group of two, three, or more single people (male or female) decides they don't want to be single anymore, it's not unheard of for the others who don't have or don't want relationships to sabotage the relationship of the one who does - to keep the friend group together.

Hurting someone else so deeply just to get a free vacation would be a pretty nasty thing to do, don't you agree? 

I think there was an accusation that two people on 90 Day Fiance might have done the show to get more YouTube followers.  Doesn't surprise me.

Sometimes you have to let the person, who wants to be in a relationship, go. 

I was once in this group of older ladies, some were divorced, one was still married and her husband was very ill, she had children but they were grown with their own families.  I remember her telling us, "I don't know what I would do without my girlfriends." 

• Love 2
On 5/28/2020 at 8:58 AM, essexjan said:

Also the interviews with some of the cast afterward reveal how punishing and degrading the producers were in forcing the cast to write stay or leave, and how the cast acted up off camera forcing production to shut down temporarily. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 6/11/2020 at 1:51 PM, Neurochick said:

I wasn't surprised by this at all.  She said she was a drug addict 5 years ago, yet she's drinking.  She's probably not in any recovery program.  Honesty is important when you're in a program.  

I think she wasn't truthful about smoking.  But as soon as her husband said it was a deal breaker and she's supposedly an "occasional" smoker, she should have stopped right there.

Does anybody know why they're not "really" married, the way they are in the US version?

The drinking was a big tip off for me.  That’s not sobriety. 

• Love 8
On 6/12/2020 at 4:49 AM, hoosiermom said:

I was really disappointed in Tash’s behavior. She didn’t even try to be friends. I wonder what turned her around so quickly?

I don't understand any of the contestants who I'm sure swear up and down they want to be married and are willing to have someone pick out a mate for them and less than 24 hours are unhappy with the selection. Why do they expect instant attraction to a stranger? Amanda should pack up her things and leave for good...no reason to suffer humiliation.

Natasha and Mikey

This is another couple where Natasha thinks she's a fantastic catch and Mikey has to earn his keep every step of the way. I don't know why I don't think she is drop dead gorgeous and not particularly attractive. Anyway he knows how to dance and ski...if that makes a good husband. 

Haley and David

Seemed like they had a chance. She told him about her previous drug addiction and he was willing to let it lie in the past. However the chat about finances and other issues appear to be coming apart at the seems. I believe she did tell him the amount of money he's making isn't up to par for her. I've seen other couples disappointed with their current salary but none made it a deal breaker. If she's seeking a man of means she better find a mate on her own. I don't hold out much hope for this couple.

Vanessa and Chris

Having been the victim of nearly terminal acne myself...I know how she feels. I was very happy for her when he told he is indeed attracted to her. I watched how she just melted and her face glowed when he let her know. To the best of my knowledge he's never made a comment about her complexion. I just don't think that issue is high on his priorities. I'm sure other issues will arise but I'm hopeful for this couple...

• Love 5
On 6/14/2020 at 10:05 AM, Stinamaia said:

The drinking was a big tip off for me.  That’s not sobriety. 

I don't get how a smoker could be matched to a non-smoker especially if he's made it known its a deal breaker. I wonder if she lied?

It seems to me some addicts go from one addiction to another. Anyway...little hope for this couple.

• Love 5

I am very disappointed with the Tash/Amanda situation, too, because it seemed like Tash was attracted to Amanda - at least for the first 24 hours. So I'm completely confused as to why Tash suddenly flipped and is now saying she isn't attracted to Amanda. (FTR, I think both women are stunning and I'm straight). 

A bad case of buyers remorse. She woke up and said this is not who I had envisioned being with. However it seems terribly rude she's not putting in the slightest effort. I suppose she believes that would be giving false hope...

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Does anybody know why this show doesn't have the couples legally marry, the way they do in the US?

I found this:

"[A] network rep explained exactly how the weddings worked and revealed: "In order to comply with the Australian Marriage Act (1961) which requires one month and one day notification, a marriage in law was not conducted."
"Each participant embarked on a commitment ceremony with a wedding celebrant with all due intention to commit fully to this union for the duration of the experiment," the rep added.

"At the end of the experiment, they are given the option to continue with the relationship or go their separate ways."

The article is from January if you want to read the whole thing. I have not watched this show so I have no idea if the couples in the article are the current ones on television.  https://www.nowtolove.com.au/reality-tv/married-at-first-sight/is-married-at-first-sight-legal-in-australia-44853 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm really liking marine biologist Connie and Jonathan.  Steve seems like a real gentleman and Michelle has a potty mouth. I liked her at first but now am on the fence. She was a poor sport when Steve was better at skiing than she but she had no problems teasing him about his slowness on the luge. Stacy is 25?  She looks SO PLASTIC  and much older.  I'm sorry for her losses in her life but she was very rude to Michael at the wedding until she found out he had 💲💲. Have they told each other they have children? We never see those discussions.  We didn't see much of Ivan and Aleks but who conducts business on their honeymoon?   Oy!

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I'm really liking marine biologist Connie and Jonathan.  Steve seems like a real gentleman and Michelle has a potty mouth. I liked her at first but now am on the fence. She was a poor sport when Steve was better at skiing than she but she had no problems teasing him about his slowness on the luge. Stacy is 25?  She looks SO PLASTIC  and much older.  I'm sorry for her losses in her life but she was very rude to Michael at the wedding until she found out he had 💲💲. Have they told each other they have children? We never see those discussions.  We didn't see much of Ivan and Aleks but who conducts business on their honeymoon?   Oy!

I agree Stacy looks very plastic for 25 years old and a recent Law School graduate???  Really!

Michael is so silly and juvenile acting I just don't see him as a millionaire business man!

They say "you can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"!

I will say I'm enjoying this show!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

agree Stacy looks very plastic for 25 years old and a recent Law School graduate???  Really!

Michael is so silly and juvenile acting I just don't see

I'm wondering if she's fudging about her age. I don't know if law school in Australia is similar to that in the US but in the US it's typically 3 years. It's very possible to finish your undergraduate degree at 22, go straight to law school and finish at 25 BUT .... what about those adorable toddlers? Something is not adding up. Hmmmn.

I agree Michael was acting very juvenile; even with the CC on I still could not make out half of what he said.

• Love 4

Stacy sure flipped a switch when she found out her man has money.  Wonder how long it takes her to get ready in the morning?  I feel like without makeup, she’s beautiful.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Stacy didn't get pumped and filled and smoothed just for a doofus with money. I know they "consummated their marriage" when some other couples were still considering a kiss, but I think Michael's boyishness will cause his bank account to lose its charm post-haste.

Michelle or however she spells it better simmer herself down; or her past, and Steve's, will wreck her future. At a certain age we all have baggage, and some of Michelle's is around her mid-section, IYKWIM.

Still love Connie and Jonny!

I wish Ivan weren't so determinedly Metrosexual. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
(edited)

The pacing of this show is much better and more entertaining than the American one. All the men and especially all the women look exactly the same. Even the nerdy marine biologist looks very similar to the girl with acne. Sorry there are so many I don’t remember any of their names!

I don’t mind including single parents, and maybe it’s just the editing, but the producers make it look like no one even mentions they have kids! 

Vanessa (acne woman) would be exhausting after a while, although I feel for her. I think she needed therapy before jumping into a relationship. She’s really let her insecurity about her skin take over her entire thought process for everything and if that continues long-term she’s going to be picking apart everything her husband does or doesn’t do or say. 

Amanda and Tash seemed like your quintessential lesbian u-haulers for the first 24 hours and then Tash shut down out of nowhere. They were literally making out in bed one minute and then five hours later not speaking, it’s bizarre. Tash seems very insincere and fickle, but I also think Amanda permanently shot herself in the foot by reacting with pouting and stamping her foot. You can never guilt trip someone into being attracted to you. It figures that next week Tash is going to stir up shit by hitting on Haley, her literal clone - both seem to only care about themselves. They deserve each other. Amanda probably wishes she went back to her ex-girlfriend. 

Steve and Mishel both seem whiny, surly, and unstable, although Steve is better than Mishel by a mile. If you’re tearfully demanding tequila shots at your wedding reception as a 48-year-old with adult kids, you’ve got issues. And the Ski thing was such a weird spoiled 10-year-old tantrum. 

What’s her face already thinks she’s better than Mikey and comes across as a spoiled snobby asshole. 

Connie and Johnny forever! They obviously have the best chance of making it because they both seem unpretentious and down to earth. I hope she gets more comfortable and drops the shy 14-year-old act after a while. 

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 5

There are too many couples in this and I can barely remember the ones from the first episode. I like that they included some older people and people with kids but don’t like that their are no people of color and that most of the women have the plastic blow up lips look.

One thing I like about the American version is that many if not most contestants look like every day people.

• Love 4

I think only Hot-Tub Cathy and Golddigger Stacey have plumped-up lips. 💋

Bless David for staying with Amazon Haley. I find her....exuberance tough to take. And her jibe about David's earnings was, as we say, kidding on the square. 😉

Steve should grow out his hair to look less old. IMO. 👴

Ivan! WTHeck, dude?! Drink less, stay away from the other women, and grow up! Don't be a Nosy Parker, you weasel! Aleks was not pleased at the dinner. 😕

Paul Bunyan Guy and the Brunette Who Misses Her Kids---Who are they?! 😄

Connie and Jonny.....💞

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I've never seen prior seasons but last night showed me that there are TOO many couples. A lot of the couples got short shrift on the couch at the commitment ceremony. I would have liked to hear more from Jonny and Connie, Vanessa (acne lady) and her guy, cute Mikey and Natasha. I'm over Tash and I feel badly for Amanda, who impressed me greatly with her insight and introspection. She deserves better than Tash and I'm sorry she said 'yes.' 

Poppy and Paul Bunyan (is it Luke?)….if Poppy is that traumatized by being away from her toddler twins (and I am not minimizing it as I am sure she's missing them terribly), she should never have agreed to this experiment.  Paul Bunyan seems like such a nice guy and I wish she'd commit to this wholeheartedly.

Ivan getting into Haley's business was weird so I am just going to assume it was the booze that made him act so brash. Aleks was NOT happy with his behavior; Ivan does seem to be over the moon with Aleks. Gosh, they DO have so much in common from having the same profession and drive to having Old World parents.  If Ivan can keep a lid on it, I think they will make it.

Josh is so cute and self-deprecating. His little joke was funny. He and Cathy look great together and have lots of sexual chemistry.

I like Steve better than Mishel. He seems like a really nice, stand-up guy.

IDK what to think about Haley and Dave. I'm not sure I believe her that her comment that Dave's "$25/hr wage was not going to cut it." was really meant in jest, as she said. I also don't remember her apologizing  before now, which is what I think Dave wanted.  Dave's comment that he was paired with a 'recovering drug addict' was unfortunate. It did hurt Haley's feelings because it made her feel like she was 'less than' and didn't deserve love. I think Dave didn't realize the ramifications of what he said and didn't mean to hurt her, but in a sense I agree with him. Of course anyone who has had substance abuse problems and is in recovery deserves love and a chance at happiness as do those who have been incarcerated and have served time. However, who one chooses as a partner after meeting and getting to know one another versus marrying someone without knowing anything about them, are two different things.  I can't fault Dave if he was upset with being matched with a recovering/recovered drug addict. Life's hard enough and maybe that wasn't something he wanted to have to deal with, as is his right. I agreed with Dave about the smoking. It was a deal breaker for him. Haley lied, I guess, to the experts so it wasn't done on purpose, but I can see how upsetting that would be. I have family members who smoked for years and it's not that easy to quit so for her to say she will quit for him and then go have a smoke on the honeymoon, well, of course he'd be upset. 

• Love 8