Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight (Australia) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Welp, I apparently don't have majority opinions for this episode, but here we go nonetheless, lol.

Obviously sex doesn't guarantee long-term potential, but for Connie and Mishel, I don't interpret their sadness and frustration as a delusion that sex will magically save the relationship or a juvenile "they're not horny for me, so they don't like me!!!" attitude. I was actually really proud of both of them for standing up for themselves. It's more of a shit or get off the pot, put your money where you mouth is ultimatum - and good for them. Johnny and Steve have been circle talking and spewing word salad for weeks about how Connie and Mishel are great people and they like them a lot and they have all the traits they asked for and blah blah but bristle at even the tiniest hint of romance. Whatever their reasoning may be - feeling guilty, wanting to save face, not wanting to look like the bad guy on camera, or just enjoying toying with her - they've both had multiple chances to be honest with their wives, only to immediately ruin the moment of clarity with more word vomit about holding out hope that a spark could grow, maybe, possibly, someday. Then they recoil when their wives actually try and blame them for being upset. Repeat. Connie and Mishel are saying: If you really like me that much and we're truly just "in a rut" you would be at least open to the concept of sex to build intimacy. Of course, they won't because of lack of attraction, and I was cheering that this episode forced them to finally acknowledge that instead of their stale false hope monologues.

I get that it's awkward, but if they sincerely cared about them as **FRIENDS** and valued their supposedly magical platonic connection formed through months of bonding and growing as people, they'd fucking tell them!!!! But they're perfectly content with humiliating them for the sake of their image and comfort. Johnny and Steve are shitbags not for withholding sex or not being attracted to Connie and Mishel, but because they've been lying to them and stringing them along and labeling it as some super special friendship (Steve in particular). 

I'm confused.  If Steve and Jonny had sex with their wives without any romantic feelings, we'd be calling them all types of dogs and fuck boys. 

The problem is that the show doesn't give anybody much time to either "feel it or go home." 

I am sure that there are real life love stories where people met and felt nothing for each other, then met years later and their feelings changed.  Some of them ended up married.

I keep bringing up Josh and Cathy.  They had that spark early on, acted on it and then when Josh saw that Cathy had insecurities, he was turned off and everything went downhill from that moment.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I'm confused.  If Steve and Jonny had sex with their wives without any romantic feelings, we'd be calling them all types of dogs and fuck boys. 

The problem is that the show doesn't give anybody much time to either "feel it or go home." 

I am sure that there are real life love stories where people met and felt nothing for each other, then met years later and their feelings changed.  Some of them ended up married.

I keep bringing up Josh and Cathy.  They had that spark early on, acted on it and then when Josh saw that Cathy had insecurities, he was turned off and everything went downhill from that moment.

Agreed on all of this Neurochick.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Yes, I just changed it.

But ...again... why do the men feel a need to stay?  After a few weeks and they know they never want to have sex with the woman... why not drop out?  I have to assume its for the financial compensation of staying in the experiment longer.  Johny and Steve don't seem like the types who do this for the "fame".

If they are trying to adhere to the rules of the show, they can't. If they write leave and the other spouse says stay, they are stuck for another week.

We've seen only one person ignore the rules (the mother of two infants) and one coupling terminated by the judges because they were both out but one wanted to be an asshole and get revenge for a week. 

In the US show, I ask why they stay in my head all the time but with this show it's part of the framework. It's not just a fame whore thing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

I thought they were allowed to leave the show any time ... except if they write leave at the commitment ceremony and the partner writes stay, then they do have to stay for another week.  I could be wrong though.

I said all of that in my post already.

But, yes, they can't be physically forced to stay. As I said, if you are doing this in the way the show is set up, you don't just leave because you want to. You both need to want out. A few people have ignored all that and bailed.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I said all of that in my post already.

But, yes, they can't be physically forced to stay. As I said, if you are doing this in the way the show is set up, you don't just leave because you want to. You both need to want out. A few people have ignored all that and bailed.

Well excuse me!!!! Sheesh

On 8/21/2020 at 7:36 PM, bichonblitz said:

What's Connie's deal, does she not have her own place? She lives with her mom and mom didn't want to be filmed? I'm missing something here. 

This is the one I feel most sorry for.  There is just no one in her corner.  The reason she is such a mess, emotionally, is that no one, not a single soul, actually has her best interests at heart.  She's been run over by a steamroller of exclusion her entire life.  Her mom and her sister won't see her because she's doing something they don't like?  Horse manure!!!  You're her family - get off your high horse and take care of your girl.  Her friends took the guy to task and wouldn't hear his side of the story?  Horse manure!!!!!  You're her friends - maybe he isn't all that, but don't shut him down the minute he starts talking.

Connie has no one supporting just her.  Just her.  They're all too self-involved around her.  Hell, Mishel has more compassion for Connie than her friends or family do.

@ChristmasJones, I agree with you the hug was a bit much, but this girl is just starved for any positive attention at all.  Watch her at the commitment ceremonies - she has all the marks of someone who just retreats into herself when rejected.  And she is being rejected.  Probably has been all of her life, but this Jonny character is just one in a long line of rejecters when she just needs ONE - ANYone - to stand up in her corner and tell her she's worthy.  Mishel has done some of that, but it would be nice if someone closer to her could fill that role.  Jonny isn't the guy.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, b2H said:

This is the one I feel most sorry for.  There is just no one in her corner.  The reason she is such a mess, emotionally, is that no one, not a single soul, actually has her best interests at heart.  She's been run over by a steamroller of exclusion her entire life.  Her mom and her sister won't see her because she's doing something they don't like?  Horse manure!!!  You're her family - get off your high horse and take care of your girl.  Her friends took the guy to task and wouldn't hear his side of the story?  Horse manure!!!!!  You're her friends - maybe he isn't all that, but don't shut him down the minute he starts talking.

When Connie was first introduced, she told her mother and sister that she was getting married.  Her mother laughed in her face and said, "YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A BOYFRIEND," in such a nasty manner, I wanted to slap the woman.

I bet Mama doesn't want Connie to get married because Mama wants Connie to take care of her in her old age.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, Neurochick said:

When Connie was first introduced, she told her mother and sister that she was getting married.  Her mother laughed in her face and said, "YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A BOYFRIEND," in such a nasty manner, I wanted to slap the woman.

I bet Mama doesn't want Connie to get married because Mama wants Connie to take care of her in her old age.

Connie can still be married and take care of her.  It just sounds like there's not a positive relationship in her life to validate any portion of her.  It's incredibly sad and Jonny isn't going to fulfill that role.  He just isn't.

• Love 3
On 8/14/2020 at 11:18 AM, cinsays said:

I was surprised to come here and see pretty much nobody else talking about this dreadful show. 

I really don't see why anyone was surprised and offended that Ivan and Aleks chose to skip the commitment ceremony. After being attacked by everyone at the dinner, why would they want to face those people again.  Why did they owe them more time to get picked apart. They decided it just wasn't a good fit and didn't want to continue and I think they had the right to do that.

Why Michael thinks he's in charge and qualified to judge them is something I don't understand. He's a shit-stirrer and not anyone I would ever want to know.  If Stacy likes him (and his money), fine, she can have him.

I really don't like any of the couples together for a long term relationship, but guess time will tell.  I like Cathy but Josh is so not the kind of man she needs. If she works on herself, and she probably needs some counseling to do that, she will find someone who will love her and not promise her one thing and then do just the opposite.

The gal tossing her mate's stuff still doesn't see that she did anything wrong when she's clearly violating his right to have what he wants, though, yeah, having all those stuffed animals is kind of strange.  Wait 'til she meets the roommate.

Because Michael and Stacey are the perfect reality show power couple, those personalities are the roles they assumed, they are good at it, they know it and they know it means more TV time, and they are good TV.

Edited by LaLaLaLa
Spelling
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Because Michael and Stacey are the perfect reality show power couple, those personalities are the roles they assumed, they are good at it, they know it and they know it means more TV time, and they are good TV.

I think people today go on reality shows for reasons other than what the show is actually about.  Today people go on reality shows to be celebrities and stars, it's all about being famous.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think people today go on reality shows for reasons other than what the show is actually about.  Today people go on reality shows to be celebrities and stars, it's all about being famous.

Exactly.  It's about getting a following on social media and sponsorship.  Hell, Larissa's "boyfriend" Eric on 90 day F has an "Only Fans" account (per his IG account).  

That said, it does seem that at least in Connie and the insecure one had very real feelings for their experiment partner.  Or their insecurities were magnified b/c their partners lost interest.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 2
On 8/21/2020 at 1:38 PM, cinsays said:

Not sure I buy Seb's interest in Lizzie long-term, but hope she doesn't get hurt if it ends because she seems so fragile. On a superficial note, I worry about her physically - the bones in her back were so prominent that I suspect an eating disorder.

The thing about Lizzie's weight loss is that she really didn't have that much to lose, probably 30 lbs at most. Yet to me she has that odd look of a person who lost a massive amount of weight too fast via gastric bypass. Like one of Dr. Now's patients from My 600 lb life who lost over 400 lbs in a year and had to have several skin removal surgeries because of all the loose skin. She even kinda moves like a formerly morbidly obese person.

1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

The thing about Lizzie's weight loss is that she really didn't have that much to lose, probably 30 lbs at most. Yet to me she has that odd look of a person who lost a massive amount of weight too fast via gastric bypass. Like one of Dr. Now's patients from My 600 lb life who lost over 400 lbs in a year and had to have several skin removal surgeries because of all the loose skin. She even kinda moves like a formerly morbidly obese person.

Her bottom half is a lot bigger than her upper half, even when she was heavier.  I think she starves herself so her bottom half doesn't look as big.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Her bottom half is a lot bigger than her upper half, even when she was heavier.  I think she starves herself so her bottom half doesn't look as big.  

well, it ain't working   🤨

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

well, it ain't working   🤨

Sadly for her, she isn't like a Kardashian where it's just a big ass.  The legs pick up the weight too (cankles).  She's really tall though!

• Love 1

Someone should probably tell Connie and Mishel that you can't make someone love you or force them to be with you, if they don't want to be.  Those two clearly have very low self esteem.  

I hate to agree with Stacey, but the fact that Vanessa lied about having a video of Michael and Haley means she could be lying about everything else.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Connie and Mishel are fools.

Just noticed tonight that Stacey's puffed-up upper lip doesn't move and is thus useless in speaking. I hope she's prepared to hear how Michael can't remember his away-from-home nights. 

I am a fan of Seb. Lizzie might be more flashy, but she has low self-esteem as does Connie. The difference in these women now is their men. One was matched well. 

KC and Drew seem like a "permanent stay." Cornelius must've given his approval. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1

No Steve, you're not going to suddenly lust after Mishel within a week after eight weeks of nothing and you know it.  Stop being such a pussy and tell her the truth which is that you love her as a friend but you will never be lovers. I wonder if production is telling him to drag it out. 

Stacey got a filler touch up on her lips. They look like they are going to burst open and pus will come exploding out of them at any moment. Sorry to be gross but I can't look at those lips anymore. 

I hope Connie finds happiness. She's a nice person. This is a girl that can easily be very pretty with just a little work and I'm not talking about any surgery or botox, fillers, etc. She already has beautiful hair and eyes. The skin can be improved with special treatments and maybe she needs to get her upper teeth straightened. That's all she needs. Her self confidence would skyrocket. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

That was all at once incredibly juicy and then incredibly disappointing. Why lie like that about a video and get my hopes up?!?! Let's hope I'm not disappointed next week with the Stacey cheated teaser. Truth be told, I doubt video evidence would've swayed Stacey anyway.  She would have found some excuse like he was very drunk and they took advantage of him. She is in it for that black Amex and that modern beach house. 

Johnny's gonna have to gnaw his own leg off to get away. It was truly jaw-dropping Connie writing 'stay' and her explanation and being self aware that it make her look pathetic didn't help matters.

I about fell out over Mishel begging Steve for some affection and his response is: "I'm gonna implement some things." When Stacey said the same thing he said: "I'm gonna implement some things tonight. I'm gonna put my foot down on it." I died. Implement some things?!?! Seriously, do you have to put together a 10 point plan of action or some standard operating procedure in advance to show affection to a woman who has point. blank. period. said she wants to have sex with you? And what was that plan? Sleep in the same bed? He brought a stuffed animal, kissed her on the forehead and held her awkwardly. Apparently, Mishel needs a brick building to fall on her to get the point that he doesn't want her. If it ain't happening after 8 weeks it ain't gonna happen magically in the last week. Steve needs to be brutally honest. 

I really need the show to stop showing Stacy in profile. Those lips are outrageous, but in profile it is horrific. Is it getting worse somehow?

Michael looks like he lost weight since the show started.

Lizzie looks a bit healthier.

I have to admit Hayley got in some zingers. LOL!

I took note that Ivan and Aleks didn't show up.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

No Steve, you're not going to suddenly lust after Mishel within a week after eight weeks of nothing and you know it.  Stop being such a pussy and tell her the truth which is that you love her as a friend but you will never be lovers. I wonder if production is telling him to drag it out. 

Stacey got a filler touch up on her lips. They look like they are going to burst open and pus will come exploding out of them at any moment. Sorry to be gross but I can't look at those lips anymore. 

I hope Connie finds happiness. She's a nice person. This is a girl that can easily be very pretty with just a little work and I'm not talking about any surgery or botox, fillers, etc. She already has beautiful hair and eyes. The skin can be improved with special treatments and maybe she needs to get her upper teeth straightened. That's all she needs. Her self confidence would skyrocket. 

To me, Connie is just as bad as Steve.  How many times has Jonnie written "leave?"  Why doesn't Connie get the hint?  

I'd never believe Hayley or Vanessa.  If Vanessa lied about the video, what else would she lie about?  And Hayley is supposed to be clean, but she still drinks like a fish.  Don't believe her either.  I think these women are TOO invested in each other's marriages.  Look, like it or not, Stacey and Michael are "quid pro quo" and if they don't have a problem with it, no one else should.  They need to worry about their own lives and marriages.  I sensed "Misery loves company" from both Vanessa and Hayley.  When Hayley made that dumb comment about Stacey's law degree, Stacey should have said what I was thinking, "where did you get YOUR degree, from your drug dealer?"

I just get the sense that these witches want to break Michael and Stacey up.  

Also, Stacey, worry about your own relationship and your plastic lips before you worry about Steve and Mishel's relationship.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7

Connie and Mishel are sad to watch. I know they are refusing to see the writing on the wall and their actions are largely pathetic and embarrassing, but that conversation where Mishel was begging Steve to give her verbal confirmation that they’d never be romantic was really painful and I actually felt terrible for both of them. They are both allowing their affection for one another to get in the way of seeing the truth. I do believe Steve cares deeply for her, but again and I’ve said this 1000 times, he knows it’s never going to happen and all of the little tantrums and deflections are just protecting his ego at this point. I don’t get how you could sit there and stare someone in the face who you consider your “best friend,” watching them on the verge of tears because they know that they have feelings for you that will never be requited, and still continue to bullshit and lie your ass off about “well, maybe tomorrow I’ll be attracted to you! Maybe in the next hour, who knows!” If she were really your best friend, you'd be honest. He's just so obsessed with being a gentleman, even at her expense. Mishel should know at this point in her life that if you have to beg someone for clarity, you probably already know the answer. And you shouldn’t have to cry to your friend to bully someone who is supposedly in a relationship with you into sharing a bed. 

Connie’s choice to stay makes even less sense than Steve and Mishel because Johnny has been trying to dump her practically every week for a month. Given all her histrionics and the fact that she looked like she would either pass out or vomit before giving her decision, I thought for sure she was leaving. I think part of her does actually magically believe she can convince him to like her in the next four days, but I think the other part of it honestly is just her subconsciously dragging it out to make Johnny suffer a bit. He even said something to the experts like “I’m trying to figure out what I did or said wrong to make her think that we had a chance.” The whole scenario is just proof that the show has to have some sort of three strikes rule where if your partner writes leave three times, you’re automatically out of the experiment, even if the other person is determined to stay. Even the experts don’t really get where she’s coming from. I don’t buy the whole self growth and empowerment narrative she’s trying to sell to herself. So you’re going to prove to yourself that you’re strong by sitting around with someone who is desperate to get away from you for another week?

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I could care less about the Michael/Haley drama. I just wanted to see everyone have a fun night together and what they would get into on their own, but the whole night was hijacked by rehashing drama everyone already knew. Everyone knows they made out, but more importantly Stacey knows and she doesn't care, whether she denies it or not. I don’t get why Haley and especially Vanessa care so much and honestly I think they just want attention. I don’t understand why Vanessa would lie about the existence of the video and even though I didn’t have much of an opinion on her during her time on the show, last night she was pretty obnoxious and annoying. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks Stacey should do or what they would do if they were in her shoes because she’s chosen to forgive him and drop it, for better or worse. Of course there’s a high probability that he will do it again and soon, especially with long distance coming up, but it’s Stacey‘s choice and no one else has the power to dictate their relationship so I don’t understand why everyone keeps insisting that she listen to their account of what happened. I also don’t believe Stacey cheated on Michael. Vanessa seems to just be pulling stuff out of her ass because she doesn’t like Stacey and producers ran with it for drama. We’ll see next week I guess!

I was also shocked by how much I liked Stacey tonight. Between meeting with Steve to stick up for Mishel and holding her ground with the cheating scandal, she impressed me as being relatively levelheaded and loyal, even if she eventually resorted to petty insults when Haley questioned her law degree. (Haley is insufferable, but I will admit that I did snicker at “did you get your law degree off a cereal box?”) Stacey may be a shallow gold digger and a mean girl, but she’ll show up for the people she cares about. 

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Stacey's plastic surgery face is so disturbing.  It looks like a mask and has the effect of making her look like a 50 year old.  

Connie has the most natural face of all of them and I agree, she's pretty.  

KC I thought was very cute at first but I see the plastic surgery with her too now.

• Love 5
On 8/24/2020 at 8:17 PM, Neurochick said:

Exactly!  I STILL remember that comment as chilling!  The dynamics between mother and daughter were beyond 'disquieting'; 'Mom's" response made my blood run cold!  I couldn't even BEGIN to envision what's gone on in Connie's family.  (Hope she's gained - from this Experiment - an encouraging slew of viewer supporters!  Count many of us Americans as genuine fans, Connie!) ☺️

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I see that Henry is coming to life now.  He has a personality!  I also thought that he can look really handsome.

Henry-Married-at-First-Sight.jpg?w=900&h

totally agree, but this is the Australia board

they should be so lucky as to have Henry here instead of these awful guys!

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

totally agree, but this is the Australia board

they should be so lucky as to have Henry here instead of these awful guys!

Oops!  And yes, you are so right!  

Lizzie has porphyria and a lupus-like autoimmune illness (Dr. House: "It's never lupus"). I apologize if I I missed it further upthread, but I kept seeing mentions of her weight loss and the likelihood of her having developed an eating disorder and thought it deserved mention. That doesn't mean she doesn't have disordered eating, of course, but the conditions themselves, the experiences of having chronic illnesses, and using/not using medications can all trigger significant weight gain or loss. 

And that's not even considering the role that the stress and famewhoredom play on autoimmune conditions

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So I guess Michael didn't hear Stacey's gripes about the car, the "picnic" location, the rain, ... (Why did she have to drive?) And he kissed those balloon lips! Bleagh! 

I thought Steve was going to barf on that Funland ride! Poor Mishel; you know it's not going well when a geezer-looking 52-year-old man ("I'd like someone in her 30s") won't kiss you! Like Steve has women enough to swat away! 

Nice try, Connie. Too late. Write "Leave" for your last chance at dignity. 

I think Seb is the real deal. He seems the "protector" type. 

• Love 3

At the men's outing when Michael asked the others who'd they be most attracted to, their consensus was Stacy, all but Seb who said Lizzie. It boggled my mind that they all think she's gorgeous. Plus, I hate the way she dresses. Interesting that mostly all chose Connie's personality. The adoption of a penguin 🐧 was the most perfect gift for Connie, who was over the moon.

I'm not sure why Steve thinks a mid 30s woman would be that interested in him. He's not particularly handsome. Is he wealthy? He's kind of a wuss, actually. He has a LOT of fears.; Mishel is better off without him.

Can't wait for the dirt on Stacy  to be revealed.

• Love 5

Steve is one weird dude. Gets in to bed with Mishel with that stuffed animal, cuddles for a minute like he's doing her a big favor then gets up and leaves the bed. No, Steve, this does not have the potential to go anywhere because you don't want it to. He actually acts repulsed at having to touch her at all. Stop messing with this woman's feelings. I would love to see how often they keep in touch after the show with all that "we're best friends", "we love each other as friends", "we care so much for each other, we will always be in each other's lives" bullshit talk. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Here's my UO:  If the genders were reversed with Steve and Mishel, people would call Steve a fuckboi.  

Now the un-PC comment:  I noticed that Mishel slept with some type of oxygen machine, maybe for sleep apnea?  Maybe that's why Steve is turned off and he's afraid that if he says that on TV he'll sound like a heel.  People judge others for not being physically attracted.  Sometimes it's just not there.

I once had a friend who had serious heart disease as well as other medical issues.  She'd tell every man she dated about her health issues and most of them would pass early.  She did eventually marry.  I also have a friend now who has to wear several things when she goes to sleep, eye coverings and a bit in her mouth because she grinds her teeth so badly when she sleeps.  She joked about how unattractive that may be to men.  

If Steve has money, I can definitely see  him with a 30 year old but it would be a quid pro quo type of relationship, if that's what he wants, then okay.

• Love 3

Physical attraction is a strange thing. I've been in the situation where I was really attracted to someone's personality but they had certain physical traits that I just could not deal with. I felt terrible and tried for weeks to see if I could get past it. Even had a make-out session.  Based on that experience, I can understand why it could happen on a show like this. 

Alternatively, I've had the experience of not finding someone particularly attractive, but then once I got to know them, my feelings did a complete 180 and I found them to be the hottest person in the entire world.

Also had the experience where I gradually got to know a co-worker over many months. Slowly I started to have a massive crush on them. Then one day, I went over to their desk and as I leaned over to show them something on their computer screen, I got close enough that I could smell them. Instantly I was 100% turned off. It was not body odor, but just their natural scent. My crush immediately ended.

It would be too much work for these shows, but it might be nice if they could find a handful of possible matches and then show the candidates the photos and ask which ones they are and aren't attracted to and then choose one of the ones they found attractive.  Or... maybe they should let them smell the person's dirty t-shirt and then pair them with the one whose smell they liked best. That would be pretty interesting.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 5

One more thing:  The Dinner Party.  I think people today are afraid of how they will come off, so they stay quiet.

I wish someone would have told Hayley that even though she's off the drugs (I think it was Ice), she isn't sober AT ALL.  She has not made any changes, she still acts like a junkie.  So what if Stacey wants to stay with Michael?  It isn't your business dear, worry about your own self, go to a meeting.

Ivan is full of shit.  I noticed that Aleks wasn't there.  I still believe they are grifters.  They're looking for their next reality show gig.   Maybe an Australian version of "Love it or List It."

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Or... maybe they should let them smell the person's dirty t-shirt and then pair them with the one whose smell they liked best. That would be pretty interesting.

I actually think they did this as part of the coupling process. I was really impressed because I always thought the US version should do that. Pheromones are very real!

• Love 2
On 9/5/2020 at 1:25 PM, ChristmasJones said:

Physical attraction is a strange thing. I've been in the situation where I was really attracted to someone's personality but they had certain physical traits that I just could not deal with. I felt terrible and tried for weeks to see if I could get past it. Even had a make-out session.  Based on that experience, I can understand why it could happen on a show like this. 

Alternatively, I've had the experience of not finding someone particularly attractive, but then once I got to know them, my feelings did a complete 180 and I found them to be the hottest person in the entire world.

Also had the experience where I gradually got to know a co-worker over many months. Slowly I started to have a massive crush on them. Then one day, I went over to their desk and as I leaned over to show them something on their computer screen, I got close enough that I could smell them. Instantly I was 100% turned off. It was not body odor, but just their natural scent. My crush immediately ended.

It would be too much work for these shows, but it might be nice if they could find a handful of possible matches and then show the candidates the photos and ask which ones they are and aren't attracted to and then choose one of the ones they found attractive.  Or... maybe they should let them smell the person's dirty t-shirt and then pair them with the one whose smell they liked best. That would be pretty interesting.

Amen.

I've dated men where on paper, they should be a match.  And really hot.  But I just felt no chemistry.  Conversely, I dated someone who was teddy bear heavy (with handsome face) and his personality made me fall for him!

It's probably producer nods, but if the attraction question wasn't forced, they could get to know each other and see what happens.  The discussion of attractiveness and when they will have sex takes all the mystery out of it.

Watching Connie's audition tape again tonight and her reaction to it was painful. I remember my heart aching for her at the beginning of this season, watching her intro package. I wanted to envelop her in a big hug. I just cannot imagine feeling so lonely and alone. I'm so sad knowing this didn't work out for her.

Steve is an ass. Still to this day he can't be honest with Mishel. Yes, it hurts to hear a partner is not sexually attracted to you, but Mishel wanted to know the truth. Obviously he likes younger women but I wonder if Mishel is just a bit too chunky for him. Btw, I thought she looked fab on her audition tape. Not sure what to think about Lizzie; Seb serms to be all in.  Drew is probably gonna bail. Did anyone see the after show with Michelle Collins?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Watching Connie's audition tape again tonight and her reaction to it was painful. I remember my heart aching for her at the beginning of this season, watching her intro package. I wanted to envelop her in a big hug. I just cannot imagine feeling so lonely and alone. I'm so sad knowing this didn't work out for her.

Steve is an ass. Still to this day he can't be honest with Mishel. Yes, it hurts to hear a partner is not sexually attracted to you, but Mishel wanted to know the truth. Obviously he likes younger women but I wonder if Mishel is just a bit too chunky for him. Btw, I thought she looked fab on her audition tape. Not sure what to think about Lizzie; Seb serms to be all in.  Drew is probably gonna bail. Did anyone see the after show with Michelle Collins

Steve finds Mishel fat. Old and fat. Nothing to do with her height as he pretended to "reluctantly" reveal, lol! 

And she is fully aware, but wants to force Steve to tell the truth. She wants him now like the proverbial hole in the head.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Steve finds Mishel fat. Old and fat. Nothing to do with her height as he pretended to "reluctantly" reveal, lol! 

And she is fully aware, but wants to force Steve to tell the truth. She wants him now like the proverbial hole in the head.

Exactly. Steve is trying to be polite but Mishel wants to be fat shamed in front of millions of viewers.

Which begs the next question...Steve is extremely fit, attractive, and stylish AND asked for a younger match...so why was he matched with someone that doesn't prioritize appearance and is not in his desired age range? Sure, their conflict sells ads but there was no way Steve would "marry" someone ~100 lbs heavier than him.

This was a set up to make Steve look bad. He has done his best to be polite despite most of the cast (including the idiot "experts") wanting him to call Mishel fat. It's easy for Michael to tell Steve to do it when he was matched with Stacey. Imagine if Michael was the fall guy...how would he deal with it? What if the materialistic twins Kasey or Stacey had been matched with a 300 lb dude (that wasn't rich). Would they be as polite as Steve? I doubt it.

Edited by LaLaLaLa
Double letter
  • Love 2

I don't think Mishel is that fat. Honestly? 100 lbs heavier than Steve? Steve may be fit but he's got the oldest looking face for a 51 y.o. And ymmv but I think Stacy is VERY unattractive. She is all fake, fake, fake. I think Mishel is pretty and I think Connie is really pretty even though she tends to have some skin blemishes. Steve should  have told Mishel privately weeks ago that he wasn't attracted to her and preferred younger women. Instead, he gave her false hope week after week that attraction was growing, leaving her more and more confused. I'm not upset that he didn't desire her sexually, only that he kept lying and leading her on.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I don't think Mishel is that fat. Honestly? 100 lbs heavier than Steve? Steve may be fit but he's got the oldest looking face for a 51 y.o. And ymmv but I think Stacy is VERY unattractive. She is all fake, fake, fake. I think Mishel is pretty and I think Connie is really pretty even though she tends to have some skin blemishes. Steve should  have told Mishel privately weeks ago that he wasn't attracted to her and preferred younger women. Instead, he gave her false hope week after week that attraction was growing, leaving her more and more confused. I'm not upset that he didn't desire her sexually, only that he kept lying and leading her on.

My problem with Mishel was she kept asking Steve WHY he wasn't attracted to her.  Sometimes you just aren't attracted.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Correct, YMMV. Beauty is definitely subjective. That said, if 100 men were polled, I would bet $$ on the following:

- 95% or more would say that Stacey is attractive

- 90% or more would say that Mishel is obese

Medical standards place Mishel not only "overweight" category but, more than likely (depending on her actual weight), in the "extremely overweight" category . Here's the CDC (US) obesity/BMI classifications...

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/defining.html

There is probably an equivalent Australian website.

26 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Medical standards place Mishel not only "overweight" category but, more than likely (depending on her actual weight), in the "extremely overweight" category . Here's the CDC (US) obesity/BMI classifications...

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/defining.html

Not to belabor the point but how do we know what Mishel's weight AND height are to determine her BMI and under what classification she falls?  Has that been stated somewhere?

And you're right. Beauty is very subjective. There are cultures where men appreciate a more zaftig woman. To me Stacy is practically anorexic looking. Lots of plastic on that one. 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

And lucky for them both, Stacey is exactly what Michael wanted, and Michael has exactly what Stacey wanted!

I think the "After the Show" should have warned about having spoilers. 😟

I didn't watch it. Thanks for the heads up!