Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Everyone knew Amy was retiring at the end of the year, same with Heather we knew she was and as someone said Amy, Christina etc announced it on their instagrams but yeah it will be sad if they don’t show where they officially announce their retirements to the team 

Can you imagine if MTT is still on when VK retires?  That season will last longer than one of Cher's retirement tours!!

2 hours ago, seabreeze said:

seems like victoria is very sweet. hope they show more of her the next season. 

Apparently she is so sweet, she is sending out autographed pics of herself even though they weren't supposed to be doing that cause of Covid.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
On 9/15/2020 at 9:44 AM, Dtowngal5280 said:

Hi!  I’m a DCC fan and new to this group. 

My DCC accolades include:

• Getting kicked out of a DCC Facebook group multiple times and then successfully joining this same DCC group hours later. 
  • A certain admin that rhymes with “JACIE” needs to start a Maddie ONLY or Victoria ONLY fan page – because she clearly is so far up their asses.
  • Getting corrected/schooled by a former DCC – Meredith, not Magic Meredith – because apparently I invented Wikipedia and the poor girl doesn’t realize anyone can update that.  I tried convincing her The Easter Bunny was partying on the calendar shoot and not asked back for her veteran season – but she didn’t respond.
  • In the DCC FB group, I asked a makeover hair question that involved color and "JACIE" tagged Marshall who responded with a hard "NO"  - oh Marshall and "Jacie", "Bless your colorless heart.."

Some DCC observations:

• Cassie & VK are both women that have “peaked in high school”
  • Holly P. never needed DCC – she is way too talented. 
  • Lisa looks like she is participating in a “Tough Mudder” race 24/7
  • If I have to hear the phrase “empty my bucket” ever again – I will puke.
  • Finally – If you say, “I have no words” – than honor that and SHUT UP!

Pretty sure I was kicked out of the same group or blocked or something. One day I was in it and the next day it was gone. Oh well...

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Pennstate94 said:

I actually am a journalist. The media has been trying to figure this out, especially the COVID aspect. The Cowboys organization refuses to comment, and so does everyone involved. Probably NDAs in some instances, but unless someone speaks out or files a lawsuit our hands are basically tied. The contract says they can be cut for basically any reason, so until someone involved legally alleges whistleblower violations there’s nothing we can do. Maybe a group like TMZ, which will report allegations that aren’t necessarily confirmed, would be interested.

As long as the cowboys organisation and CMT can proof they follow the right guidelines the case is a dead end

• Love 2

If Brennan couldnt keep up the dances, her cut is justified, surviving covid or not, doesn't make you a special case who deserves special treatment

(Preparing myself for the Brennan fans lol)

Edited by AYTOfan
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AYTOfan said:

If Brennan couldnt keep up the dances, her cut is justified, surviving covid or not, doesn't make you a special case who deserves special treatment

The only thing is, using that logic, Taylor should not have been allowed on the team. She was given a clear advantage and special treatment because she had a "special case" (her job). I think that at the end of the day, K&J just didn't like Brennan, so they cut her. I typically agree with you that if you cannot do the job an accommodation should rarely be made, but K&J were obviously able to make an exception -- they just didn't want to. It's fine if they only want people who can do the job, but they need to at least maintain some consistency and either keep them all or cut them all. 

Edited by faxtar221
Grammar
  • Love 21
13 minutes ago, faxtar221 said:

The only thing is, using that logic, Taylor should not have been allowed on the team. She was given a clear advantage and special treatment because she had a "special case" (her job). I think that at the end of the day, K&J just didn't like Brennan, so they cut her. I typically agree with you that if you cannot do the job an accommodation should rarely be made, but K&J were obviously able to make an exception -- they just didn't want to. It's fine if they only want people who can do the job, but they need to at least maintain some consistency and either keep them all or cut them all. 

Let's not forget Taylor is Sam's bestie & Bennan had the nerve to correct Veruca... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

It is not like it is surprising that some girls can do things and not having to face the consequences (Sorry if typed it wrong) I read the 2016 thread yesterday and someone said he/she saw Kelsey Bond once drunkenly dancing on a bar with Ashley Holland making pictures of her during a night. Stuff happens and some girls are lucky and some are not. However the Kelsey issue may be false but that is like many speculations

2 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

What about Erica who just won the lawsuit?  She might be willing to talk since she is already persona non gratis to DCC for spilling the beans.

Completely different situations, Erica doesn't dislike the DCC, Kelli or Charlotte, she wanted the girls to get paid more, nothing else

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Except they kept Melissa Rycroft when she had mono and allowed her to recover, even though they called her in the office and got on her case about it in very poor taste. No reason they can't have done the same for Brennan and it would have played beautifully on the show and made them look so considerate and kind and caring about their girls.

1 hour ago, AYTOfan said:

Completely different situations, Erica doesn't dislike the DCC, Kelli or Charlotte, she wanted the girls to get paid more, nothing else

Sorry I can't do anything but laugh at this, Erica was pissed she was fired even though she broke contract, she was pissed she was ghosted from that season of DCC:MTT, and she sewed about her pay bc she screwed up reporting her own hours as was shared on this board.

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, CailynA said:

Except they kept Melissa Rycroft when she had mono and allowed her to recover, even though they called her in the office and got on her case about it in very poor taste. No reason they can't have done the same for Brennan and it would have played beautifully on the show and made them look so considerate and kind and caring about their girls.

Sorry I can't do anything but laugh at this, Erica was pissed she was fired even though she broke contract, she was pissed she was ghosted from that season of DCC:MTT, and she sewed about her pay bc she screwed up reporting her own hours as was shared on this board.

Yeah, and they also took Cassie and Danielle when they physically were not up to par at auditions. I think those situations are directly applicable to Brennan, who should have been given a break.

However, I don’t think the Taylor situation is the same thing. Being physically able to do the routines has always been and always will be a requirement. Taking 2 weeks out of life to go into a bubble in August (right at the start of the school year) is a one-time, out of the ordinary thing for the DCCs. I don’t see anything to suggest that Taylor’s schedule will be a factor moving forward. 

On Erica, I don’t remember it being said that she screwed up reporting her hours, though it may have been. It seemed to me that the DCC’s had an unusual system (some flat rate events; others hourly pay) that seemed ripe for an inadvertent underpayment issue, but I don’t know the exact facts of the case. However, regardless of whether Erica was bitter, happy, sad, mad, or indifferent about her employment, the DCCs’ obligation to pay her what she was owed is determined by law, not her feelings.  I’m not saying you said otherwise (you didn’t), but that premise seems to get thrown around here a lot. 

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, CailynA said:

Not enough likes in the world for this post.  Thanks for beating me to it and clearing that up! +💯 💯 💯

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

Cassie and Danielle were in the middle of the recovering period, Cassie was even almost done with recovering. If Brennan had a recovery thay can take years it wouldn't be fair to keep her if she can't keep up. I find it to easy to just blindly believe the first thing I read. We don't know in how much covid has damage on Brennans body and it can really damage your stamina.

Except that Brennan has shown more than once she's not the type to say she was feeling normal if she wasn't. She's not the type to lie about that and considering the reaction of the other girls to her cut it seems to be much more likely that she was ok or maybe a bit weak. We'll never really know though bc they show is going to give us their narrative.

As for Erica I swear on here that ShellyB had explained that she had miscalculated her own hours as girls track them themselves, which at the time I thought was utterly ridiculous since there are time clocks that allow you to clock in and out on location or by computer. Now the result be it from the lawsuit or possibly already in the works, again we'll never know.

@go4luca love you!

• Love 6
On 9/10/2020 at 9:51 PM, UnicornKicksBack said:

She was as good as Holly Powell and I think had better lines. 

Charlotte had a big part in that. 

Yup! 
I thought the TD decks were supposed to be a slick surface and too dangerous but guess not now.

Referring to Megan C., ~ Yes, absolutely, she was an amazing, dynamic dancer.   I thought the same of Melissa, she was actually my choice, but they were BOTH rockstars!!!   During finals, down on the field, Melissa could've received her uniform that day ~ she kicked everyone's &** !!!  I loved her from day 1 !

• Love 15
On 9/16/2020 at 6:32 AM, Circle said:

@Weeklydcc

The NFL is 70% black. Should the cheer/dance squads on the sidelines also be 70% black to mirror the teams? Should the racial makeup of the spirit squads be in proportion to the US 2020 census? Should the NFL teams?

What is your solution? Are Hispanics, Asians, and Native Americans adequately represented in by the Cowboys football team? I am assuming your position is those groups are not adequately represented on the DCC roster. 

Again, what is your solution? 

I said I stand corrected if I misinterpreted you.  I thought you were implying that the teams are mostly black so that justifies that the cheerleaders are mostly white.  I thought you were saying it without saying it like a lot of people speak in subtleties when it comes to race.  If that's not what you meant, again, I stand corrected.  As far as the solution, the fact that one is even needed is a shame.  The notion that the best will always be a bunch of white women with a few WOC thrown in is predetermined nonsense.  I believe the team picks the best players regardless of race as they should.  I do not believe the DCC do the same.  Look at other squads around the NFL and other sports as well.  Many teams have several WOC.  Plenty of WOC try out for DCC every year and I don't buy that only 3 of them are talented and polished enough for the squad.  Due to pressure, they increased minority representation this year, but why was pressure necessary?  It is subjective who makes the team and it's obvious that the DCC subjectively choose a blonde haired blue eyed squad.  The solution is to not be biased for or against any particular race.  If they truly look for "the best," the squad would be more diverse every year.  In other words, WOC are just as beautiful and talented as white women.  I wish the DCC standards recognized this fact.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

image0.jpg.b8b124821b1b4f527bb9fd388ac4e546.jpg

This is Marissa and her mom Barbie.  Marissa's mom seems she has been grooming her to dance since she was born just like Tina with Victoria.   Who calls them self Barbie when they are 40 something?!   

I was about to ask is her name really Barbie? LOL.

• LOL 3
On 9/17/2020 at 1:15 PM, 5678Pixie said:

This is Marissa and her mom Barbie.  Marissa's mom seems she has been grooming her to dance since she was born just like Tina with Victoria.   Who calls them self Barbie when they are 40 something?!   

[deleted]

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
21 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Hi everyone! I haven't checked this forum since the Hannah, Brennan, Lily, & Meredith cuts. Have I missed anything new? Any info regarding groups or point?

DCC2020.PNG.24a6064d6182cd2e3826cd5af4cbb495.PNG

Girls with the blue outline are in showgroup

Edit: My bad, I misread your post and thought you meant Showgroup. Apperently Caroline is Tess her sscond leader according to someone (forgot who said it)

Edited by AYTOfan
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CailynA said:

As for Erica I swear on here that ShellyB had explained that she had miscalculated her own hours as girls track them themselves, which at the time I thought was utterly ridiculous since there are time clocks that allow you to clock in and out on location or by computer. Now the result be it from the lawsuit or possibly already in the works, again we'll never know.

Ok, I think we may both be thinking of the same conversations. From what I remember it was Shelly’s comments that made me think that the DCCs may well have a real problem because the payment scheme she described sounded strange.

Granted, regardless of what actually happened or how much the DCCs “should” be paid, I don’t they purposely underpaid Erica (legally). There may be some laws that certain companies don’t take too seriously, but the FLSA is not one of those. I assume if there was an issue, it was an inadvertent one with the timekeeping system or policies. That’s what often happens. 

Still no squad photo?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CailynA said:

@go4luca love you!

I'm vaguely remembering the same thing re: ShellyB posting about hours.  IIRC, she said the girls are responsible for recording their own hours.

@CailynA:  Love you more Sister!  😍

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

My nearlty 68yo high school friend goes by "Barbi"...it's ridiculous

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

I said I stand corrected if I misinterpreted you.  I thought you were implying that the teams are mostly black so that justifies that the cheerleaders are mostly white.  I thought you were saying it without saying it like a lot of people speak in subtleties when it comes to race.  If that's not what you meant, again, I stand corrected.  As far as the solution, the fact that one is even needed is a shame.  The notion that the best will always be a bunch of white women with a few WOC thrown in is predetermined nonsense.  I believe the team picks the best players regardless of race as they should.  I do not believe the DCC do the same.  Look at other squads around the NFL and other sports as well.  Many teams have several WOC.  Plenty of WOC try out for DCC every year and I don't buy that only 3 of them are talented and polished enough for the squad.  Due to pressure, they increased minority representation this year, but why was pressure necessary?  It is subjective who makes the team and it's obvious that the DCC subjectively choose a blonde haired blue eyed squad.  The solution is to not be biased for or against any particular race.  If they truly look for "the best," the squad would be more diverse every year.  In other words, WOC are just as beautiful and talented as white women.  I wish the DCC standards recognized this fact.

1.jpg

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CrazyMoon said:

My nearlty 68yo high school friend goes by "Barbi"...it's ridiculous

A 53 y.o. h.s. classmate of mine literally corrects us, To This Day, into calling her the nickname her family supposedly calls her...& that name is “Bubbles” 🤔🤭 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by bernie2018
IDK
  • LOL 9

6 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

What about Erica who just won the lawsuit?  She might be willing to talk since she is already persona non gratis to DCC for spilling the beans.

She got some media attention in the beginning and it suddenly stopped right before we got confirmation that it was settled. So I assume she has an NDA in place.

2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I see that Brennan is seated on the field.  Hannah seated in front of her.  Latest post from DCC Twitter.

image0 (8).jpeg

image1 (34).jpeg

Looks like Kat isn’t wearing a mask and Cianna (?) is pulling it down to talk to whoever is next to her.p

14 hours ago, HP1105 said:

Pretty sure I was kicked out of the same group or blocked or something. One day I was in it and the next day it was gone. Oh well...

I was ‘let go’ from a FB Group too, after defending this Website. There was someone there who called out individuals who took info from PrimerTimer & posted it on their FB page...other people would call out whoever for being apart of this group & insisted we were all toxic, negative, bad apples, etc, etc. I basically said the posters on PT were strong opinionated men, women, et al & did have the info to back up what was said...that’s it...1st, I was sent rules of the page, then blocked from getting to post for a week & ultimately getting unfriended 🙄 

What can you do, right?

• Love 18
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I miss the days when I liked all the girls in TC.  Now it's hard for me to even identify which one I find the least disgusting.  But Marissa is sure up there this cycle.  She told one of the girls that she knows her looks give her an advantage but she'd like to think that her dance will be what gets her on the team.  #delusional

BTW: the only DCC who commented on this (ridiculous) photo was VK.  That tells you two things: 1) the company she keeps and 2) what the majority of the girls on the squad think of Marissa (hint: she alienated a lot of girls over the summer).

She is delusional if she thinks she has an advantage looks wise. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bernie2018 said:

I was ‘let go’ from a FB Group too, after defending this Website. There was someone there who called out individuals who took info from PrimerTimer & posted it on their FB page...other people would call out whoever for being apart of this group & insisted we were all toxic, negative, bad apples, etc, etc. I basically said the posters on PT were strong opinionated men, women, et al & did have the info to back up what was said...that’s it...1st, I was sent rules of the page, then blocked from getting to post for a week & ultimately getting unfriended 🙄 

What can you do, right?

My favorite is still - "they are vicious in their vitriolic snark"🤣.  Yes we are and proud of it!

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Can you imagine if MTT is still on when VK retires?  That season will last longer than one of Cher's retirement tours!!

Apparently she is so sweet, she is sending out autographed pics of herself even though they weren't supposed to be doing that cause of Covid.

Rules for thee and not for V(k)!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, HP1105 said:

Welp I got kicked out of “Jacie’s” Facebook group too because I dared to post the reason Hannah got cut and the reason that they’ll try to pass off. Then got a whole bunch of comments. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

This could turn out to be a blessing for Hannah.

Much as I am still gutted about how my favorite DCC's journey ending( and the way it ended) I'm sure she will be just fine. 🙂 

Edited by MeeMee2
  • Love 12