Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yeah, it's funny that he doesn't seem bothered by all the comments relating to his plastic surgery and botox, but the hair is off limits! I guess since that's his source of business it makes sense.

Btw, have you all seen his other IG:

Someone pray for him please, @DCC if any of you read this forum don't let him hurt teriyaki terror

Edited by dcctator
4 minutes ago, dcctator said:

Someone pray for him please, @DCC if any of you read this forum...

Why does he need someone to pray for him?  It's his choice what spiritual path he follows.  I know many on the pagan path.  Me included.  There.  I said it.  Marshall - you do YOU & blessed be! 💫

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
32 minutes ago, kalibean said:

He had taken his profile private for a while, not sure if it still is. If not, here’s a recent post that will definitely tug on your heart.  I have several friends that foster and for every one awesome reunification story there are a ton of heartbreakers too. 

OMGGGGGGG... wow, I have new respect for Marshall now!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, TB12 said:

OMGGGGGGG... wow, I have new respect for Marshall now!

After waiting an eternity to be approved to foster, he literally doted on these babies.  Protected their privacy, took them on walks, showered them with love - it was seriously amazing to watch unfold.  So his heartache was palpable when it came time to have to give them up.  I don't know how he did it.  I don't think I would have had the strength.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

After waiting an eternity to be approved to foster, he literally doted on these babies.  Protected their privacy, took them on walks, showered them with love - it was seriously amazing to watch unfold.  So his heartache was palpable when it came time to have to give them up.  I don't know how he did it.  I don't think I would have had the strength.

I think he said he is going to pursue a private adoption, so I hope that works out for him

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

So I'm guessing he wasn't approved to adopt them? Wonder why not.

3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I can't say for sure but I don't think it was set up to progress to adoption during the 2x he fostered.  But as @Jennv posted above, it looks like he's ready to adopt now.  I think he said something about it was getting too painful to give them back via the fostering route.  It was awhile ago, so can't exactly recall.  Maybe someone else here knows more.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I thought it was good to see that a single, gay man was approved to foster...Texas is being pulled into this century one county at a time it feels like some days.  

As other posters have said, I believe that he wasn’t initially set up on the foster to adopt route (which is still pretty common,) and the baby girl under his care had been moved to a family that was on that path. And according to his post, VERY far along that path when she was returned to the birth mom she didn’t know.  I know some that are respite care only, some short term only, etc. I have a friend who took on two year old twins right before Covid hit, so her short term has gone a lot longer than expected with court room delays and such. And it was her first time fostering! It’s a process for sure. 

I think he’s concerned that he’ll lose a foster to adopt in a similar way, understandably, so is looking into standard adoption.  If one has got the spirit to raise kiddos, no matter how they come into your life, more power. I can’t even keep succulents alive! 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Hopefully she'll get a better cameo this year -- she looks so heavy in that photo (in the midsection, just looks really untoned).

I'm more offended by the product placement...

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I'm more offended by the product placement...

OMG I didn’t even see that 😂 I was distracted by my irrational dislike of all things Megan Trainor. 

I really hope Kristen gets a new pose. She has such a great curvy figure, and that cameo doesn’t make the most of it. 

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, kalibean said:

OMG I didn’t even see that 😂 I was distracted by my irrational dislike of all things Megan Trainor. 

I really hope Kristen gets a new pose. She has such a great curvy figure, and that cameo doesn’t make the most of it. 

Yeah that over the head pose is sooooo played out. I never realized until just now how silly it looks. I recall that cameo shoot when Kelli was imitating them doing that pose a few years ago and yet, here we are!

• Love 10
8 hours ago, go4luca said:

Why does he need someone to pray for him?  It's his choice what spiritual path he follows.  I know many on the pagan path.  Me included.  There.  I said it.  Marshall - you do YOU & blessed be! 💫

One of my best friends, the goddess be with her, was pagan. It's been five years since I lost her to a heart attack. Gone too young. I really miss her, as contrary as she could be sometimes. I accepted her faith, and she accepted mine.

Edited by Muckypup61
misspelled a word
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, veronicamers said:

Agreed. He really rose in my esteem when I saw how he cared for those foster babies. That's to me a pretty selfless thing to do. So I have no kick with Marshall. I have no doubt he is close with many on the team and I think it's kind of unfortunate to see him defending Kelli's unprofessionalism on social media. 

My beef with him other than how unprofessional his hair looks his how he's up Kelli's butt. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I thought it was good to see that a single, gay man was approved to foster...Texas is being pulled into this century one county at a time it feels like some days.  

As other posters have said, I believe that he wasn’t initially set up on the foster to adopt route (which is still pretty common,) and the baby girl under his care had been moved to a family that was on that path. And according to his post, VERY far along that path when she was returned to the birth mom she didn’t know.  I know some that are respite care only, some short term only, etc. I have a friend who took on two year old twins right before Covid hit, so her short term has gone a lot longer than expected with court room delays and such. And it was her first time fostering! It’s a process for sure. 

I think he’s concerned that he’ll lose a foster to adopt in a similar way, understandably, so is looking into standard adoption.  If one has got the spirit to raise kiddos, no matter how they come into your life, more power. I can’t even keep succulents alive! 

He was initially trying the foster to adopt route . . . not sure if he changed his mind or chose to foster who needed it the most at the time.

ETA: see 2nd pic in post below (wouldn't let me post them together).

Screenshot_2020-09-18-13-37-28.png

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

This season replace:

Kelly with Jinelle
Judy with Shelly
Charlotte with Jacie
MRS with KaShara

This was interesting to speculate about...

Kelli with Jinelle:  Why would Kelli give up a job making hundreds of thousands of dollars after working there 29 years?   She won't.  

Judy with Shelly:  A distinct possibility, but like Kelli, it won't be in the foreseeable future.  And she has so many helpers, why give up an easy, cushy, well paying job?

Charlotte:  Replace her as a judge?  Obviously, never, since she will own 1/3 of a multi-billion dollar enterprise in the future and Charlotte will maintain her control in this visible area.  Her daughter may take on more responsibility.   

MRS with KaShara:  The only real possibility.  But KaShara just doesn't have the national name familiarity like MRS.  Only people like us really know her.   

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

He was initially trying the foster to adopt route . . . not sure if he changed his mind or chose to foster who needed it the most at the time.

Screenshot_2020-09-18-13-37-28.png

Sounds like he wasn’t approved to adopt for some reason. Hmm. 

• Love 1
Just now, SmpIsimon said:

I dont think that was it, i believe they make every effort to place the kids back with birth parents, or with family, if possible. I believe in both cases family members ended up reunited with the children

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

He was approved. See 2nd pic (board was giving me fits about size being too big to post together).

Screenshot_2020-09-18-13-39-12.png

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 3

I think Erica was upset about being dismissed from the team & then sued for something that might have been handled internally if she was still on the team.  I believe IMO that TPTB see this as bringing bad publicity to DCC.  LET’s see if she gets an invite to Alumni Days once those restart.

On the matter of the FB groups we will say we will research their IP address as we only accept those that are not not a member of any of the FB pages & swear an allegiance to THE FORUM!

Edited by cherryblossom
Spelling error & need for clarification
  • LOL 2
42 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Is this this year's solos? Cuz there isn't even pretend social distancing/covid precautions going on here . . .

Definitely last year. Amy, Alexis and Christina are in this video and all retired...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

He was approved. See 2nd pic (board was giving me fits about size being too big to post together).

LOL Marshall has this forum in one of the tabs? WHOO HOO ... kidding ... I'm not that excited about that. Rainer should be the one doing those girls hair over Marshall ... I actually liked some of the Style that Rainer (their former hair salon sponsor etc) has over Marshalls. Truth.

1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

I think Erica was upset about being dismissed from the team & then sued for something that might have been handled internally if she was still on the team.  I believe IMO that TPTB see this as bringing bad publicity to DCC.  LET’s see if she gets an invite to Alumni Days once those restart.

On the matter of the FB groups we will say we will research their IP address as we only accept those that are not not a member of any of the FB pages & swear an allegiance to THE FORUM!

Eurgh Erica, LOL Melissa Rycroft said somewhere that Erica auditioned the year after she was cut, I cannot be bothered to look for that instagram post, I just spent all day catching up like 60 pages of post after being aware for a few weeks for work. So Erica must have had still wanted to be a DCC still at that time. I do not think Erica gets invited at all. But can she even participate or is she completely blackballed like the Scholz sisters? I remember Shelly saying they can all take part in alumni things but just get the "inactive status" if they do not do a certain amount of alumni activities. I'd love to know how that alumni activities work in terms of activities and invites for them etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, veronicamers said:

Nah, pretty sure that's from 2019.

1 hour ago, Stephieg84 said:

Definitely last year. Amy, Alexis and Christina are in this video and all retired...

I was hoping it was from last year -- didn't pay that much attention to who was in it.

Shouldn't this part have been done virtually this year anyway (before training camp) -- although I vaguely remember a post about Hannah getting ready to do her solo during training camp???

54 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I was hoping it was from last year -- didn't pay that much attention to who was in it.

Shouldn't this part have been done virtually this year anyway (before training camp) -- although I vaguely remember a post about Hannah getting ready to do her solo during training camp???

Training camp and finals were combined. They did solo's as a part of show group auditions this year

So, I know some of this was discussed earlier, but I have a couple questions...

1.) Was Brennan let go for the sole reason that she was not back at 100% after having Covid, not once, bit twice? That didn't matter for Cassie when she had that horrible audition from not being healed with her knee or whatever, but they looked the other way on that, shocker.

2.) I saw where someone said that Brennan had corrected VK about something, and that it possibly didn't go over well? Can someone please elaborate more on this situation, like what happened exactly? 

Thanks so much everyone! You all are truly the best😘💖

On 9/15/2020 at 6:44 AM, Dtowngal5280 said:

Holly P. never needed DCC – she is way too talented. 

I agree!  She should have went to LA or NY to fully focus in being a professional dancer.  She wasted 2.5 years being way too talented for DCC.  She really has the IT factor, unlike any DCC I have seen.  And no one in LA or NY would have cared she was kind of a spoiled brat/bad girl lol DCC only cared she did it in public 😂😂🤦🏽‍♀️
Also, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  Dancers who spend more than a season or two as a pro sports dancer are not real dancers!

• Love 6
On 9/17/2020 at 11:06 AM, Jess14 said:

Yeah, and they also took Cassie and Danielle when they physically were not up to par at auditions. I think those situations are directly applicable to Brennan, who should have been given a break.

However, I don’t think the Taylor situation is the same thing. Being physically able to do the routines has always been and always will be a requirement. Taking 2 weeks out of life to go into a bubble in August (right at the start of the school year) is a one-time, out of the ordinary thing for the DCCs. I don’t see anything to suggest that Taylor’s schedule will be a factor moving forward. 

On Erica, I don’t remember it being said that she screwed up reporting her hours, though it may have been. It seemed to me that the DCC’s had an unusual system (some flat rate events; others hourly pay) that seemed ripe for an inadvertent underpayment issue, but I don’t know the exact facts of the case. However, regardless of whether Erica was bitter, happy, sad, mad, or indifferent about her employment, the DCCs’ obligation to pay her what she was owed is determined by law, not her feelings.  I’m not saying you said otherwise (you didn’t), but that premise seems to get thrown around here a lot. 

She said rookies get paid a flat rate of $100 per appearance. 2 year vets get $200 and so on. She worked a 16 hour appearance and was only paid $100, that's not even minimum wage. People can say what they want about her but her complaints were valid and she got future DCCs a pay raise. 

4 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

LOL Marshall has this forum in one of the tabs? WHOO HOO ... kidding ... I'm not that excited about that. Rainer should be the one doing those girls hair over Marshall ... I actually liked some of the Style that Rainer (their former hair salon sponsor etc) has over Marshalls. Truth.

Eurgh Erica, LOL Melissa Rycroft said somewhere that Erica auditioned the year after she was cut, I cannot be bothered to look for that instagram post, I just spent all day catching up like 60 pages of post after being aware for a few weeks for work. So Erica must have had still wanted to be a DCC still at that time. I do not think Erica gets invited at all. But can she even participate or is she completely blackballed like the Scholz sisters? I remember Shelly saying they can all take part in alumni things but just get the "inactive status" if they do not do a certain amount of alumni activities. I'd love to know how that alumni activities work in terms of activities and invites for them etc.

Who are the Scholz sisters?

• Love 10
7 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

And his 2nd foster to adopt post (wouldn't let me post them together).

Initially I just appreciated the flamboyant sense of style that breaks the boredom of the rest of the judges panel a bit. But I really started to admire Marshall a while back when I saw his obvious passion to be the best dad for a kid who hasn’t had a great start to life.
No matter what, from me - he can’t do anything wrong in my book lol. 

Edited by Pinknblue
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

She said rookies get paid a flat rate of $100 per appearance. 2 year vets get $200 and so on. She worked a 16 hour appearance and was only paid $100, that's not even minimum wage. People can say what they want about her but her complaints were valid and she got future DCCs a pay raise. 

3 former dcc sisters who wrote a book

2 hours ago, KellyKapowski said:

1.) Was Brennan let go for the sole reason that she was not back at 100% after having Covid, not once, bit twice? That didn't matter for Cassie when she had that horrible audition from not being healed with her knee or whatever, but they looked the other way on that, shocker.

2.) I saw where someone said that Brennan had corrected VK about something, and that it possibly didn't go over well? Can someone please elaborate more on this situation, like what happened exactly? 

The difference between Cassie and Brennan in this situation is that Cassie was a 5th year vet who was recovering from an injury sustained at work as a DCC. I think they should have given Brennan the same grace they have Danielle, for instance, or any other weak vet like Christina who scored poorly but for whatever reason was brought back. 

I don’t doubt that Brennan struggled during camp...Covid twice is no joke, plus she’s 31 (?) and there can be a big diff in stamina anyway between that age and some of the younger girls. (Prob not VK.)

I would have personally given Brennan that grace, because she’s an awesome human, great teammate and solid on appearances, figure, etc. But she’s never been the strongest non-performance game face, and she did get looked over twice at the end of training camp. So IMO, it was probably easy for TPTB to justify her cut when factoring in all those things against a crop of newbies. 

Disappointing choice, because the team can always use a dependable grown up in the room. But why not light the world on fire? It’s 2020 after all. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pinknblue said:

Initially I just appreciated the flamboyant sense of style that breaks the boredom of the rest of the judges panel a bit. But I really started to admire Marshall a while back when I saw his obvious passion to be the best dad for a kid who hasn’t had a great start to life.
No matter what, from me - he can’t do anything wrong in my book lol. 

I love Marshall.....after seeing him as a foster parent I have TONS of respect.   My husband and I are going through the process to become foster parents and it's the hardest,  most emotionally draining process ever. 

Honestly, if I had as much vitriol and nastiness said about me online, I'd fight back too.

• Love 17
13 hours ago, kalibean said:

She sure is! Just edges Maddie with 69k followers. Makes sense given her background prior to DCC. She might be a bit trickier to use for MTT promos, though. Gorgeous but hasn’t had a ton of screen time, plus she’s got the awkward brown face Halloween pics and a tough twitter history. 19 year old goofball lying dramatically about her weight her first year and making a triumphant comeback her second year (as edited) is a safer brand of controversy. Plus, VK is VK so always bonus points for that. Lol. 

Post got me thinking how the current squad matches up on instagram, and since I wanted to take my mind off of RBG's death I went ahead and did some "research."

NOTE: Cianna is private and I'm pretty sure Brianna, Ashlee and Alanna just this year unlocked their accounts. So that would explain the lower numbers.

1. Rachel W. - 68.7K
  2. Maddie - 66.4K
  3. Victoria - 43K
  4. Kat - 30.1K
  5. Gina - 28.8K
  6. Lexie - 28.2K
  7. Amanda - 26.7
  8. Savannah - 24.1K 
  9. Madeline 23.1K
  10. Tess - 20.3K
  11. Kristin - 18.3K
  12. Lisa - 18.2K
  13. Taylor - 17.1K
  14. Rachel A. - 16.7K
  15. Amber - 16.4K
  16. -T  Erin - 16.2K
  17. -T Daphne - 16.2K
  18.  Caroline - 15.1K
  19.  Kelcey - 15K
  20.  Jalyn - 14.2K 
  21.  Chandi - 12.6K
  22.  Ashlee - 11.8K
  23.  Alanna - 9,757
  24.  Briana - 3,290
  25.  Cianna - 2,311
Edited by Lona
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
On 8/6/2020 at 12:45 AM, Lona said:

I mean, if I'm being really honest the only ones I'm scared about are Lily and Meredith; and believe me, I actually like Lily lol. Meredith is beautiful but I wouldn't risk the team's reputation over someone who can't keep up, no matter how "attractive" she is.

Other than that? The only one I can think of would be Savannah. However, I don't know what the precedent is for kicking out a 4-year veteran. Racking my brain, the only two examples I can think of are Jasmine Goode, who I guess wasn't even a 4-year cause she didn't even make training camp and Erica Wilkins who ... well ... do we really need to go over all of that again? 🙄.

Selina got cut for weight in her 3rd camp. I felt so bad for her not getting to retire. And I’m just getting back into the swing of things and don’t think I’ll get thru all 88 pages. Can someone tell me if its true that vets Brennan, Hannah, Lily and Meredith got cut? 

Edited by Trixi
Add
  • Love 1
On 8/31/2020 at 11:03 AM, KeepingItReel said:

Training Camp Timeline

New TCCs check in at Gaylord Texan

First official day of Training Camp in bubble

Uniform Fittings

Guest Choreographer Evan Miller, Amelia cut

Guest Choreographer Charm La’Donna, Claire D cut

28 Veterans enter Gaylord Texan Bubble

Guest Choreographer Denise Dicharry, Shannan cut

Field rehearsal at AT&T Stadium, Annabelle Kelly and Sheridan cut

Guest Choreographer Travis Wall

Show Group Auditions

Show Group Announced, Show Group: Maddie, Tess, Gina, Rachel A, Lexie, Amber, Ashlee, Caroline, Daphne, Erin, Rachel W, Amanda, Chandi, Kelcey, Victoria, Claire W, Melissa. Meredith cut

Vet Day for Taylor J, Cassie cut

Media Day, Thunder Storm-TCCs leave bubble for storm shelter

Show and Sell, Dancers selected to dance again-Jessica, Alora Rose, Tori, Kristin, Briana, Lily, Hannah, and Brennan. Caroline included in this group to gauge other dancers. Positive test result later discovered. Production suspended

Canceled stadium rehearsal, isolation of group 1 and those in close contact with positive participant. Individual virtual meetings-Lily, Brennan, Hannah, Ashlinn, and Tori cut. Remaining women told they are not officially on the team but should consider relocating to Texas. First team rehearsal in September

Bubble concludes

-

Meredith and Lily were only told they were not top 36 dancers

Hannah was told she was not top 36 because of her pom technique

Brennan was told she looked winded and not ready game day ready

Filming  scheduled to resume at future stadium rehearsals

One Day Vet audition was intended for veterans who were unable to take 10 days off from work or who could not work remotely. Safety concerns alone did not qualify a veteran for the Vet Day option.

The unofficial leaders are Maddie and Tess. No groups

@Trixi this might help 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Can someone tell me if its true that vets Brennan, Hannah, Lily and Meredith got cut? 

Yep. As sad as it is, all four are no longer on the team.

Edited by Lona
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

@Trixi this might help 

Hey thanks! I saw those 4 cuts on both reddit and wiki.  Both Brennan and Hannah have goodbye msgs on their insta.  I never thought Lily and Meredith shud have made the team last year but I’m sad about Brennan and Hannah. 

Edited by Trixi
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Trixi said:

On a side observation, they changed the season/team members format on Wikipedia. I noticed that Victoria Kalina is the only one with her name in bold🙄

As far as wikpedia is concerned, I believe that bolded names are given to legacy cheerleaders.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

She makes some good points. 

3 minutes ago, Lona said:

As far as wikpedia is concerned, I believe that bolded names are given to legacy cheerleaders.

O!!! Lol. I must not have scrolled down far enough. Too funny. But really, how would the average person know that?  😂😂😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

8 hours ago, Jennv said:

3 former dcc sisters who wrote a book

It was more like a book written by one of the Scholz sisters but had all three sisters name on the book anyway. I know because I forced myself to read that book as well as another former DCC who cheered several years on Mavs, then cheered on DCC and left and published a book saying DCC's was all for themselves whilst all the Mavs cheerleaders "support you" (can't remember her name because her book was written so badly, I returned and asked amazon Kindle for a refund on it). There was one from some one called Mary something, I want to read her book but its like £200 for the book eg on ebay etc because I think its now out of print and I don't fancy paying that much for that book.

Also I see Marshall posted on Hannah's post (well it came up at the top when I looked at her post without scrolling thro) but as I am at work, I cannot see Marshall's post on Brennan's but someone on Hannah's post said Marshall posted on Brennan's too? Can someone correct me so I can gag at it? I just find it hilarious how fake some people in DCC can be (not Hannah/Brennan). It makes me laugh to see them then running off to "support" their fellow colleagues after being caught out. Its like do you know what, if you cannot be real and if you don't "support" them then shut up and don't comment. Its understandable that you are not friends with everyone on the squad, I work with 15 other people and I am not friends with all of them because I don't really get on personally so I do not see why I need to be fake and pretend I like them etc.

I also thought Holly was a very talented dancer.  But  when someone says "good enough" for Broadway does this mean as an ensemble dancer or a principal?  I googled some while drinking my coffee this morning and the requirements are pretty tough to even be an ensemble dancer on Broadway.   

• Love 5
11 hours ago, KellyKapowski said:

Covid can damage your stamina for a very long time. The difference with Cassie was that she was 1. 5th year candidate so already mote value to the team, her recovery may have needed 2/3 weeks to be fully healed (Being Judys daughter also helped her) 

Brennan correcting Victoria all speculation and purely to put Victoria in a bad daylight due personal dislike towards her so everything will always be her fault basically 🙊😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I’m guessing by the hair that the circled vet is Cianna.  She’s looking mighty soft in the middle.  Interesting that Hannah (far left)who was rumored to have weight issues looks great. 

27B511E9-9984-4356-B1B0-E460B2921726.jpeg

Cianna actually was never the slimmest girl, she is more build like Danielle, Melissa W imo. The way she is sitting doesn't do her favours either tbh

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Trixi said:

On a side observation, they changed the season/team members format on Wikipedia. I noticed that Victoria Kalina is the only one with her name in bold🙄

That means Legacy cheerleader. Cassie and Meredith Oden are also in bold if you scroll further 😉

6 hours ago, Trixi said:

She makes some good points. 

O!!! Lol. I must not have scrolled down far enough. Too funny. But really, how would the average person know that?  😂😂😂

They actually say it before the squad lists get shown haha

Screenshot_20200919-144732_Chrome.jpg

• Useful 1