Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, AYTOfan said:

Couple new photos

3rd photo, whoever is the 2nd curly haired girl is, I suspect its Cici, looks quite a bit heavier than the others and would guess is def on ww.

I don't like to weight comment but in this case it stands out so much compared to the others. 

• Useful 1
53 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

Just because the team is more "diverse", doesn't mean they aren't talented or they didn't earn their spots.  It's insulting to say that veterans were cut because TPTB wanted a "diverse" team.....like "diverse" members couldn't possibly be talented.   With the execption of Hannah, maybe they were just better.  And I LOVE Brennan.

I 100% agree with you and am happy about the more diverse rookie class. I'm disappointed TPTB are using it as a marketing ploy 🙄 It's what many people on this forum predicted.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

It's the Dallas way!

Oh sweet Jesus I’m going to need to use the Miss J clutching pearls gif twice in one day. No ma’am!  I never had jacked up hair like that! Nor does Judy! VK has good hair, but bless her heart she needs a hairbrush. 

What did Judy say about Jax and her hair? “BRUSH IT!”  And at the salon they said they’d show her a softer side of teasing 😹

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

3rd photo, whoever is the 2nd curly haired girl is, I suspect its Cici, looks quite a bit heavier than the others and would guess is def on ww.

I don't like to weight comment but in this case it stands out so much compared to the others. 

Yeah it is Cianna, however she was never one of the skinniest, I think she is more built like Danielle. The way she is sitting doesn't help either

11 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

Marshall responding to the lake thing with Caroline, Daphne, Tess and Kat.

dcc marshall lake response.PNG

I truly don’t believe anything out of Marshall’s mouth. He will say whatever he thinks with help TPTB. He says it is for safety, well we know that TPTB don’t care about safety. Just ask Hannah and look at all the photos online of the girls, and cameraman  in masks during TC, but Kelli and Judy with none on. I call BS Marshall’s comment. 

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

I 100% agree with you and am happy about the more diverse rookie class. I'm disappointed TPTB are using it as a marketing ploy 🙄 It's what many people on this forum predicted.

I agree, but they didn’t seemingly decide on this “most diverse team ever” until they learned the squad wouldn’t be on the field. That’s what I find disgusting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Just found out Season 15 has been confirmed. Personally I just want them to announce who's on the team already. I just wanna see the squad and cameo photos. I wanna see how much they butcher the photos this year. I bet my money that Maddie or Rachel W will get the center spot of the squad photo (mostly leaning towards Rachel W since they put her in the front row last year) 

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Just found out Season 15 has been confirmed. Personally I just want them to announce who's on the team already. I just wanna see the squad and cameo photos. I wanna see how much they butcher the photos this year. I bet my money that Maddie or Rachel W will get the center spot of the squad photo (mostly leaning towards Rachel W since they put her in the front row last year) 

It should be Maddie with her gorgeous blown out hair. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I agree, but they didn’t seemingly decide on this “most diverse team ever” until they learned the squad wouldn’t be on the field. That’s what I find disgusting. 

I understand that point of view....and I actually agree.  Though I'm hopeful that even though the reasoning behind the diverse selection of this years squad is questionable/suspect, it will be catalyst for TPTB to look outside the box of what constitutes "America's Sweethearts".  Maybe next year we'll see a full representation of WOC to include not only black women, but also Asian, Hispanic, Native American, etc.

• Love 13

It’s just so bizarre to me that they wouldn’t want a significant amount of WOC on the field. There’s 36 women! 37 for the years that Kelli gets crafty.  Even if half are white and/or white passing, that’s plenty of visual enjoyment to appease ignorant racists, and better representation of more Americans that “America’s team” should represent.

And for those of us who enjoy a “delightful bouquet” of all sorts of shades of skin and hair color because we understand that beauty isn’t one size/color/bone structure fits all, more the better. I hope they continue with the virtual auditions for the first round or two going forward if it helps improve the overall pool of candidates.  

This is a job that asks for intelligence, congeniality, beauty and dance skills for a pretty low hourly rate... layer in a candidate being able to tolerate being on a reality show and an ever changing set of rules in the playbook - at least virtual auditions mean out of area candidates don’t have to waste money.  And possibly less subject to the dance world gossip line. 

• Love 17
5 hours ago, KickPretty said:

And YEEHAW!  They finally announced season 15.  Let the $hit show commence 😂😂

Of course they did AFTER I cancelled that part of my cable package 😠.  What're my other options for watching and which do you guys think is the best? Of course I more than likely wouldn't have been home on Friday nights when the show aired anyway.  Just started a new job (very long story).

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
hit enter before I finished my thought
6 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Of course they did AFTER I cancelled that part of my cable package 😠.  What're my other options for watching and which do you guys think is the best?

Amazon is how I watch it.

1 minute ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Do we know when the first episode will be aired?

No, article says sometime in the late Fall.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Cowboys are selling tickets for their games.

image0 (8).jpeg

They are definitely in the minority (for fans). I checked out NFL games yesterday and most had no fans. I think the Thursday night game had limited fans (Houston vs Texans). There are rumors Jerry Jones wants the stadium half full; but not sure how much truth there is to it.

• Useful 2
12 minutes ago, Mamababy600 said:

They are definitely in the minority (for fans). I checked out NFL games yesterday and most had no fans. I think the Thursday night game had limited fans (Houston vs Texans). There are rumors Jerry Jones wants the stadium half full; but not sure how much truth there is to it.

Houston vs the chiefs 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Mamababy600 said:

We had reports in papers in  New Zealand quoting Jerry and his staff saying they want to fill the stadium as much as they can, sell out if possible. So its true. I posted the article like 20 pages back or so 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

We had reports in papers in  New Zealand quoting Jerry and his staff saying they want to fill the stadium as much as they can, sell out if possible. So its true. I posted the article like 20 pages back or so 

How many fans will really want to take that risk though? I may be biased, but I don't think most people would want to go to a game in person if they know there won't be any attempt at social distancing. I know that I wouldn't go, knowing that the management would be fine with having the stadium entirely full.

• Love 3
On 9/13/2020 at 6:09 PM, go4luca said:

That is truly sad.

Sure seems like Vic's only BFF is Lisa who is sucking up and not really a true friend.  Wow.

Like mother, like daughter (VK and TK).  TK sucks up to Kelli, who needs that reassurance/ego boost.  TK and Kelli have a dysfunctional friendship as they both need each other and use each  to feel important.  I see Lisa and VK being the same...  so if VK was rude and entitled at TC (although haven’t heard specifics to truly believe that) how was Lisa?  Are there any girls making true friends on the squad, or all they just using each other?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

48A01BDE-3804-456F-A891-1D084E3A9148.jpeg

• Useful 2
13 hours ago, KG150 said:

Did you guys catch, “in a first for the organization, the franchise conducted worldwide auditions virtually, resulting in one of the most diverse and talented casts to date.”?

I was just coming to post about the D word. 

12 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm glad we're getting a show this year.

Me too. I may bitch and moan about it here but I can’t not watch (and usually while eating a non-DCC approved snack)!  

9 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Couple new photos

I really hate that head thrown back shimmy move. 

3 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

How many fans will really want to take that risk though? I may be biased, but I don't think most people would want to go to a game in person if they know there won't be any attempt at social distancing. I know that I wouldn't go, knowing that the management would be fine with having the stadium entirely full.

‘Merica. Freedoms. Anti-maskers. 

So a lot. I have no doubt they’ll sell a ton of tix. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, SMP637 said:

I understand that point of view....and I actually agree.  Though I'm hopeful that even though the reasoning behind the diverse selection of this years squad is questionable/suspect, it will be catalyst for TPTB to look outside the box of what constitutes "America's Sweethearts".  Maybe next year we'll see a full representation of WOC to include not only black women, but also Asian, Hispanic, Native American, etc.

Do you think the Cowboys football team should include a full representation as well?

5 hours ago, GeekToTheCore said:

Note to Kelli: GET BRENNAN BACK. You have selected the wrong ladies to lead this organization. It's okay to admit your mistake and make corrections. Caroline, Tess, Daphne, Kat=NOT BRENNAN. Those ladies not only put their teammates at risk, but they also reportedly made public spectacles of themselves. Kelli, you let several girls go who would currently be serving as positive, consistent, and mature ambassadors. NO to Maddie and Marshall for your justifications and rationalizations. 

Brennan was a boss! Not going to find another class act like her anytime soon. I'm actually pretty surprised that Tess and Caroline are caught up in this mess. Daphne as well to a certain extent. I thought they had more sense and maturity than this. I understand they wanted to go out have fun, but god forbid they stay their little butts at home and not go out drinking. You'd think there wasn't a freaking pandemic or something going on. I haven't left my home for any social gatherings since early March   -__-

5 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm glad we're getting a show this year.

Oh its not just you. I am too. Mainly because I'm dying to see how the heck Kelli is going to justify Brennan and Hannah's cuts without more backlash.  I'm hoping we will get exit interviews from all 4 cut vets. Also, there's a few rookies I'm actually curious about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Me too. I may bitch and moan about it here but I can’t not watch (and usually while eating a non-DCC approved snack)!  

Atleast you are gonna watch it and bitch and moan about it instead of not watching and still bitch and moan about it 😂

Brennan may have been a class act but she never stood out dancing and I remember reading the 2019 thread where many were afraid she would get cut at finals so it shows she wasnt all that amazing dancewise. I am not shocked she got cut, covid or not

It's a unpopular opinion but I don't really care

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

New to the forum, can someone give me a rundown of what the TBTP (I don’t remember if that’s correct) stands for? 
I easily figured out who VK was.

Also I’m seeing a lot about VK and Brennan drama, can anyone explain????

7 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Sadly, I think plenty of people would feel comfortable with full stadiums. I watched college football this weekend and noticed a complete lack of masks and social distancing during the FSU game.

• Love 2

I think it's a huge no, no for ANYONE DCC past or present affiliated (Marshall, Cassie) to be responding to social media comments or messages re: MTT filming/COVID & the Daphne/Caroline etc trip. It's just bad PR ontop of the bad image DCC is already presenting itself as. But for clarification, wasn't Kat amongst this group who went on the Labor Day trip? Why isn't she being punished? I mean benched to keep safe?

• Love 9

I'll keep up with it here via those who do choose to watch it and share.  I'm not wasting my time watching it though.  I have more important things to drain my brain with 😉

2 minutes ago, homelife said:

I think it's a huge no, no for ANYONE DCC past or present affiliated (Marshall, Cassie) to be responding to social media comments or messages re: MTT filming/COVID & the Daphne/Caroline etc trip. It's just bad PR ontop of the bad image DCC is already presenting itself as. But for clarification, wasn't Kat amongst this group who went on the Labor Day trip? Why isn't she being punished? I mean benched to keep safe?

I thought it was stated Kat was one of the four benched... Kat, Tess, Caroline and Daphne.

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, homelife said:

Kat is being benched too per the tea.  She's not mentioned because she's public enemy number one while the others are angels being dragged down by devil woman Kat.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

4 hours ago, Tdoc72 said: 

‘Merica. Freedoms. Anti-maskers. 

So a lot. I have no doubt they’ll sell a ton of tix. 

I didn’t actively watch a lot of games yesterday (just checked my fantasy,) but curious game turnout across the NFL. Arrowhead is an outdoor stadium, so at 22% capacity, at least somewhat less risky. Tho if you watched the pre-game, you heard that we (KC) didn’t exactly send our best (addressing the second quote.) Booing the opposing team as they come out of the locker room is normal, but shouting for your preferred presidential candidate during a moment of silence isn’t, or booing the show of unity, plus all sorts of other nonsense. Sigh. And of course during the game, plenty of people were clustered outside of their assigned “pod” and had tossed masks altogether. I’m not sure it sold out tho - by the time tickets were available to the public (season ticket holders had first dibs, followed by residents of Jackson County) the cheapest I saw was $450. Each. For seats that are normally $125-175 each. 

Cowboys Stadium is indoor, tho with a retractable roof, so that would automatically make me more uncomfortable about going as a fan. Most places have an indoor capacity limit, but if fines are as low as they were for exceeding capacity like they were for the Nevada political rally, I’m sure the Cowboys organization would happily pay the fine and as many of the seats as they can. 

The DCC can easily be sprinkled around the stadium, even if they wear masks and stick to the touchdown deck. And hey, they’re already down to 32 eligible dancers with the Missouri lake crew having to sit out. Maybe more! 

17 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The DCC contract states that the girls are not allowed to wear their uniforms outside of sanctioned performances and appearances.

I was being sarcastic about them wearing their uniforms out in other places but thanks...

1 hour ago, homelife said:

I mean people outside the forum aren't bothered or interested what happens behind the scenes or who gets benched. And neither do I tbh. I am just patiently waiting for next year to see the show (as I don't plan to buy it on Amazone lol)

18 minutes ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

Some DCC observations:

• Cassie & VK are both women that have “peaked in high school”---DEFINITELY
  • Holly P. never needed DCC – she is way too talented.---Agree but her ego was as big as her dancing
  • Lisa looks like she is participating in a “Tough Mudder” race 24/7----HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • If I have to hear the phrase “empty my bucket” ever again – I will puke.----THIS!
  • Finally – If you say, “I have no words” – than honor that and SHUT UP!----So much YESSSS

I love your spirit!!! 

The episode where Cassie calls out Taylor was just on Pluto and i have to say, wow, Cassie is really just not attractive maybe it was her ugly energy and the same could be said for Ally Traylor... 

• Love 15
32 minutes ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

Hi!  I’m a DCC fan and new to this group. 

My DCC accolades include:

• Getting kicked out of a DCC Facebook group multiple times and then successfully joining this same DCC group hours later. 
  • A certain admin that rhymes with “JACIE” needs to start a Maddie ONLY or Victoria ONLY fan page – because she clearly is so far up their asses.
  • Getting corrected/schooled by a former DCC – Meredith, not Magic Meredith – because apparently I invented Wikipedia and the poor girl doesn’t realize anyone can update that.  I tried convincing her The Easter Bunny was partying on the calendar shoot and not asked back for her veteran season – but she didn’t respond.
  • In the DCC FB group, I asked a makeover hair question that involved color and "JACIE" tagged Marshall who responded with a hard "NO"  - oh Marshall and "Jacie", "Bless your colorless heart.."

Some DCC observations:

• Cassie & VK are both women that have “peaked in high school”
  • Holly P. never needed DCC – she is way too talented. 
  • Lisa looks like she is participating in a “Tough Mudder” race 24/7
  • If I have to hear the phrase “empty my bucket” ever again – I will puke.
  • Finally – If you say, “I have no words” – than honor that and SHUT UP!

Welcome!

Haha I have also been blocked from that fb group and probably a few others on here too. Hopefully you have since found the other fb groups full of those blocked by "jacie", who are having a great time. Also completely agree "empty my bucket" makes me gag a little.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

I mean people outside the forum aren't bothered or interested what happens behind the scenes or who gets benched. And neither do I tbh. I am just patiently waiting for next year to see the show (as I don't plan to buy it on Amazone lol)

I think this gets often overlooked.  We have a heightened interest in the DCC or else we wouldn't be here, but the general public isn't aware nor do they care about what happens behind the scenes.  When they see the squad, the fans in the stands, the people at events, the troops at USO shows, etc. aren't thinking about Brennan being cut or VK's preferential treatment.  Charlotte, Kelli, and Judy know this.  People have said that they read this board, but I highly doubt they're concerned about backlash.  I'm sure they'd much rather have people speaking positively about them, but any negative comments aren't going to hurt anything but their self-esteem.  They're not a business that sells goods or services that is going to suffer from outcry from such a small demographic.  The lawsuits and increased awareness of their criminally low pay hasn't mattered.  People heard about it, thought it was awful, then went about their daily lives and never thought about it again.  I doubt CMT has even taken notice, and if they have, controversy is reality TV gold anyway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, Pau84 said:

I that Kitty Carter in the back? 5th image:

1318668633_Screenshot2020-09-14at21_48_35.png.9f8c15fcfb4905ed916a3cbcd508836e.png

Kitty...ok the cameras cant see my face...tell me what’s wrong. Someone is trying to give me corrections! 

Marshall is so in know about the DCC goings on...I’m glad the organization thought of him first to explain the situation.  

I would love to see all of the cut vets show up at a home game...sit together in standout outfits for the broadcast cameras and proceed to dance to the music in their own special group.   The cameramen would just think It was just awesome fans and definitely zoom in.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

Hi!  I’m a DCC fan and new to this group. 

My DCC accolades include:

• Getting kicked out of a DCC Facebook group multiple times and then successfully joining this same DCC group hours later. 
  • A certain admin that rhymes with “JACIE” needs to start a Maddie ONLY or Victoria ONLY fan page – because she clearly is so far up their asses.
  • Getting corrected/schooled by a former DCC – Meredith, not Magic Meredith – because apparently I invented Wikipedia and the poor girl doesn’t realize anyone can update that.  I tried convincing her The Easter Bunny was partying on the calendar shoot and not asked back for her veteran season – but she didn’t respond.
  • In the DCC FB group, I asked a makeover hair question that involved color and "JACIE" tagged Marshall who responded with a hard "NO"  - oh Marshall and "Jacie", "Bless your colorless heart.."

Some DCC observations:

• Cassie & VK are both women that have “peaked in high school”
  • Holly P. never needed DCC – she is way too talented. 
  • Lisa looks like she is participating in a “Tough Mudder” race 24/7
  • If I have to hear the phrase “empty my bucket” ever again – I will puke.
  • Finally – If you say, “I have no words” – than honor that and SHUT UP!

Agree on that.....but Touch the Star is even better.  Talk about your cult......

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

There are plenty of white players on every NFL team.  The fact that having 10 black quarterbacks out of 32 this past weekend was a big deal is proof of that. I don"t believe the Cowboys or any other NFL team denies white players if they are good at their position.  I believe the DCC were in fact denying black dancers who were better than their white counterparts because they wanted a lily white squad.  To me that is wrong.  I like the strategy they used this time better.  And I don't believe anyone was cut because someone else is black, but the opposite has happened in the DCC's past.  It was wrong.  I hope this is the start of a new definition of what constitutes a Sweetheart - an all-inclusive girl next door.

I was referring to the poster’s statement of full representation of people of color. I never mentioned white players. Your answer is non responsive to my question. 

• Love 1
On 9/14/2020 at 3:18 PM, AYTOfan said:

I get what you mean but we are talking about Ashton Torres, arguably the ultimate example of a DCC (atleast according to TPTB) 😂 

Wished she stayed on the team longer btw

I’m blanking on who was the 3rd person in the triangle that year but it was also a 2nd year. Kashara got triangle as a 3rd year too (before Erica and Jenna both messed up). Cersten got triangle for the HoF game as a 2nd year. So yeah it’s never been about seniority, until last year that it.

16 hours ago, SMP637 said:

Just because the team is more "diverse", doesn't mean they aren't talented or they didn't earn their spots.  It's insulting to say that veterans were cut because TPTB wanted a "diverse" team.....like "diverse" members couldn't possibly be talented.   With the execption of Hannah, maybe they were just better.  And I LOVE Brennan.

I don’t think it’s fair to say that the woc in this team only got their position due to their skin color, but I haven’t really seen that argument. I do believe that they were going to hire more woc this year just because of the current climate and with such a small rookie class, it was inevitable that they’d cut veterans to do so -and they went with the most ‘controversial’ option just to create a storyline. 

But in general, I think the opposite is true -if you’re white, you will make the team even if you’re weak as long as Kelli likes you. The few woc they have selected are completely amazing. They have to be the best of the best when so many weak girls are given a pass. So yes every woc in this team has earned her spot, but this season they were lucky that Kelli didn’t want to find reasons to cut them.

4 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Atleast you are gonna watch it and bitch and moan about it instead of not watching and still bitch and moan about it 😂

Brennan may have been a class act but she never stood out dancing and I remember reading the 2019 thread where many were afraid she would get cut at finals so it shows she wasnt all that amazing dancewise. I am not shocked she got cut, covid or not

It's a unpopular opinion but I don't really care

The thing, there’s no single clip out there where Brennan looks weak. There are clips of Savannah, Meredith, VK, Amy and Tess messing up (just some examples from last year that I can recall, there are others for sure). So maybe she wasn’t Holly P., but she was much better than other dccs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
53 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

I think this gets often overlooked.  We have a heightened interest in the DCC or else we wouldn't be here, but the general public isn't aware nor do they care about what happens behind the scenes.  When they see the squad, the fans in the stands, the people at events, the troops at USO shows, etc. aren't thinking about Brennan being cut or VK's preferential treatment.  Charlotte, Kelli, and Judy know this.  People have said that they read this board, but I highly doubt they're concerned about backlash.  I'm sure they'd much rather have people speaking positively about them, but any negative comments aren't going to hurt anything but their self-esteem.  They're not a business that sells goods or services that is going to suffer from outcry from such a small demographic.  The lawsuits and increased awareness of their criminally low pay hasn't mattered.  People heard about it, thought it was awful, then went about their daily lives and never thought about it again.  I doubt CMT has even taken notice, and if they have, controversy is reality TV gold anyway.

Not gonna lie, I am like those people lol. For a few minutes I am shocked or annoyed but move on pretty fast and don't really "care" any more 🤭

• Love 1