Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

24 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

What's it going to be next year?  Chandi suddenly has an attitude problem? Gina can't do pom? Ashlee can't kick? Savannah looks disinterested?  Amber lost her sparkle? Tess is even MORE a blender?? The possibilities are endless people!!  

If they keep their opinions private, and and their concerns locked up - they will probably be fine. I did wonder when I saw Claire celebrated on her Instagram today - "hmm you could be next." But I doubt it. Actually though I was pleasantly surprised to see Marissa posting in support of Kristin and Meredith. So she might be in trouble next year. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 5

Question: the rookies had a week prior to the vets. So they learned dances at home and then showed up to practice and learn new choreography in TC. The vets arrived one week later and had to be taught the new choreography. The Kelli edit before show group says they had 5 more days before the end of training camp. If that's right, does that mean the vets only had 1-2 days to learn the new routines and perform them for evaluation? I know they are supposed to pick things up really quickly - in a  day or something - but this seems kind of like a built in unfair advantage to rookies? Especially for someone like Meredith who needs time.  Or maybe it all evens out because the DCC routines are already essentially baked in for the vets. Unfair or no?

• Useful 11
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, vanillagum said:

lol mte, is she even on the squad this year? i thought she retired at the end of last season

12 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Thought heather had already retired? She retired same time as Amy, Bridget etc their season technically ends just before try outs which was 2020 so that’s why she’s put about retiring from DCC for 2020

I’m so tired and apparently need a nap. This has been the longest year 😂 

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I still laugh when the ozark 4 is mentioned lol 

I still can't believe that happened mere months ago (in September of this year.) It feels like a decade has passed since then!

It's funny cause while we were all laughing and joking about it I remember thinking "Well surely at least now that we've hit rock bottom there's only one way left to go ... UP!" 🤡

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Question: the rookies had a week prior to the vets. So they learned dances at home and then showed up to practice and learn new choreography in TC. The vets arrived one week later and had to be taught the new choreography. The Kelli edit before show group says they had 5 more days before the end of training camp. If that's right, does that mean the vets only had 1-2 days to learn the new routines and perform them for evaluation? I know they are supposed to pick things up really quickly - in a  day or something - but this seems kind of like a built in unfair advantage to rookies? Especially for someone like Meredith who needs time.  Or maybe it all evens out because the DCC routines are already essentially baked in for the vets. Unfair or no?

I looked back at of this seasons clips on YouTube and the only time they show Hannah messing up is the new Evan Miller choreo. Even from this past Tuesday’s episode they showed Hannah only messing up on that same number. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Eventhough DCC's own Shirley Temple has a heart of gold and is kind to everyone (and kindness is all that matters), I never thought of Maddie as an archetypical Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. She never had the look or the charisma. Yes, she is a sufficient good dancer. But is this enough? Discussing whether this is actually enough and discussing Maddie is in a way discussing and defining what a DCC should be.

After her initial cut, Maddie became a poster child for the comeback girl, for someone who had changed herself into a stand out dancer and who's determination and character changed her into someone who belonged on the squad.

This was Maddie's narrative arc and the first years it worked like a charm. But after 5 years it is wearing a little thin. Why hasn't her determination and character changed her into something new again? Why hasn't Maddie evolved beyond the 'hip hop' solo? A missed opportunity.

I mights be misremembering this but wasn’t part of Maddie’s original narrative arc also the fact that she was Mormon and struggled to balance those responsibilities with training camp? 

https://www.ksl.com/article/34553319/farr-west-teen-finalist-for-dallas-cowboys-cheerleading

• Love 2

K&C, and the Cowboy Organization, NEVER wanted this. It's nothing but lip service.

As long as the Jones family owns the organization, it will always be lip service. Over the years this show has presented the organization's clueless PR machinations to try to appear modern (never progressive). Kelly is its face, and on her best day she does that southern fake sincerity thing. (I'm a southerner and a former cheerleader and dancer; I know what I'm talkin' about.)  She was horrible in the early seasons - that person did not go away, she just switched out some of those behaviors while the cameras are rolling.

Judy is more circumspect, but I've seen glimpses of nastiness in her as well.

I'm longing for the organization to bring in a fresh team.

Clueless: did they not understand that viewers would spot production's treatment of Kristin's solo in such a clumsy way? It would have been smarter to eliminate it, or show shorter clips.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Judy posted about showgroup a couple of days ago and in the comments was this comment from Cianna - liked by Kat and Alanna. Is this real or copycat account? If real was she just kidding?

IMG_4348.PNG

The dcc have official dcc instagrams now so it’s real 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Judy posted about showgroup a couple of days ago and in the comments was this comment from Cianna - liked by Kat and Alanna. Is this real or copycat account? If real was she just kidding?

IMG_4348.PNG

I’m going to assume she means it as a joke. I don’t think she’s a dancer with lots of tricks in her routines so a bit of sarcasm perhaps? 

• Love 3
Just now, DCC-UK said:

I’m going to assume she means it as a joke. I don’t think she’s a dancer with lots of tricks in her routines so a bit of sarcasm perhaps? 

I was thinking that too. But since she's not on show group this year, I thought it was a joke but also a semi dig?  Either way it seems odd for her DCC account to say to Judy publicly - joke or no joke. 

Does anyone know if she was cut from show group or did she just decline?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

The vets received the new dances the morning they moved into the bubble.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I was thinking that too. But since she's not on show group this year, I thought it was a joke but also a semi dig?  Either way it seems odd for her DCC account to say to Judy publicly - joke or no joke. 

Does anyone know if she was cut from show group or did she just decline?

She was cut 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Pau84 said:

What is also making K&C and CMT look like idiots is editing 'no rookie candidate wants to be dancing next to Victoria' and 40 seconds later 'Jada kicks to her face and the vets didn't match it'.

Well, Jada has no problem dancing next to Victoria because she is in the same group.

Kicks.thumb.jpg.3beef151233e97d1168131baac0416dd.jpg

Here is a list of more rookie candidates who don't mind dancing next to Victoria

1. Claire
  2. Armani
  3. Dani
  4. Darian
  5. Elli
  6. Marissa
  7. McKenzie
  8. Tori

Ugh Jada's kick though.....so beautiful. I'm in love.

VK on the other hand....yikes

• Love 24

Tina in the background now living her best life through Victoria!

Wonder if we will be seeing Mark next year at auditions?

mikeysmommi

DCC needs @markmeismer to be a guest choreographer!!

markmeismer

@mikeysmommi YES PLEASE @dccheerleaders

Comments like these make her believe she will be point very soon. 

michele_vasso

Beautiful! This piece is gorgeous and you dance it beautifully. Also last night o. @dccmakingtheteam I could t take my eyes off you when you were at point on that stage! Absolutely gorgeous dancer

lifeofbarrett

Damn. Can we just make you Point already? 💙

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJcRRqBJAPt/

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ugh, Mama Kalina sitting on the sidelines watching and beaming at VK as she rehearses. That did not look like her final pose for her solo from the last episode--was that this year's solo on Instagram? IIRC, she has traveled in past years to an out-of-state choreographer to learn her solo. Did she fly out somewhere to learn her solo choreography during a pandemic?

There are a few things I wish we were seeing this season on the show. One is, I'd like a little more acknowledgement and insight into how different this year's situation is. They're doing this compressed training camp in a so-called bubble and living their whole lives there in all new ways. Why not show us some behind the scenes stuff about what goes on during the day, besides MRS working with Jada and Ashlynn? I'd like to see, for example, rookies working with vets on routines or the DCC entrance--I always want to see more of vets working with rookies. Also, I would love to see some glimpses of how the ladies are juggling work, school, and camp. It seems like a missed opportunity to show more of who the DCC are and to back up their endless claims of how totally different this year is. I mean, hello, we just saw that Hannah say she's busting her ass in school, so why not show her working to complete her semester? Or show us someone who does have a full time job and how they're working "from home" at the Gaylord? I remember Rachel A showing her little office she'd set up in her hotel room on one of the social media posts while camp was underway. I'd also like to see how leadership stuff is being handled. GLs apparently were not announced until late and I read somewhere here that Tess and Maddie were unofficial GLs during most of camp once the vets arrived. I'd have been very curious to see K&J meet with those two or other upper vets to impart how they envisioned leadership and team formation working without official leaders. Or show more of small group rehearsals, which I also always want to see. I mean, is it too much to ask to see what a group rehearsal looks like and what GLs and second GLs do during them and what kinds of feedback or instructions they give?

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Ugh, Mama Kalina sitting on the sidelines watching and beaming at VK as she rehearses. That did not look like her final pose for her solo from the last episode--was that this year's solo on Instagram? IIRC, she has traveled in past years to an out-of-state choreographer to learn her solo. Did she fly out somewhere to learn her solo choreography during a pandemic?

There are a few things I wish we were seeing this season on the show. One is, I'd like a little more acknowledgement and insight into how different this year's situation is. They're doing this compressed training camp in a so-called bubble and living their whole lives there in all new ways. Why not show us some behind the scenes stuff about what goes on during the day, besides MRS working with Jada and Ashlynn? I'd like to see, for example, rookies working with vets on routines or the DCC entrance--I always want to see more of vets working with rookies. Also, I would love to see some glimpses of how the ladies are juggling work, school, and camp. It seems like a missed opportunity to show more of who the DCC are and to back up their endless claims of how totally different this year is. I mean, hello, we just saw that Hannah say she's busting her ass in school, so why not show her working to complete her semester? Or show us someone who does have a full time job and how they're working "from home" at the Gaylord? I remember Rachel A showing her little office she'd set up in her hotel room on one of the social media posts while camp was underway. I'd also like to see how leadership stuff is being handled. GLs apparently were not announced until late and I read somewhere here that Tess and Maddie were unofficial GLs during most of camp once the vets arrived. I'd have been very curious to see K&J meet with those two or other upper vets to impart how they envisioned leadership and team formation working without official leaders. Or show more of small group rehearsals, which I also always want to see. I mean, is it too much to ask to see what a group rehearsal looks like and what GLs and second GLs do during them and what kinds of feedback or instructions they give?

She went California in January to learn that solo 

• Useful 4
3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Tina in the background now living her best life through Victoria!

Wonder if we will be seeing Mark next year at auditions?

mikeysmommi

DCC needs @markmeismer to be a guest choreographer!!

markmeismer

@mikeysmommi YES PLEASE @dccheerleaders

Comments like these make her believe she will be point very soon. 

michele_vasso

Beautiful! This piece is gorgeous and you dance it beautifully. Also last night o. @dccmakingtheteam I could t take my eyes off you when you were at point on that stage! Absolutely gorgeous dancer

lifeofbarrett

Damn. Can we just make you Point already? 💙

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJcRRqBJAPt/

I think Victoria's solo is pretty good. She has stage presence. She still dances heavy and doesnt have the "pretty feet" that Kelli likes but she's tall, blonde and good enough. Cassie was a blonde with a killer body too and definitely not as technically strong. So yes, Victoria will be in the triangle real soon. Caroline or Rachel might beat her for point next year, but VK will be up there.

I do wish there was more emphasis on how quick this years training camp was. To me its obvious they were setting up the vet cutting theme  prior to the start of camp. They invited more new candidates in - not less and the vets were only there a few days really. It's the perfect ratings set up. High drama to cut people the fans already know - Meredith, Lily, Brennan, Kristin (she doest get cut but she gets the 'struggle edit') were the girls everyone really remembers. Hannah gets the "not yourself" edit rather than helping her with actual corrections.  Definite maximum drama in highlighting them  week to week (which was likely pre-determined well before the vets arrived).

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 5
On 12/31/2020 at 5:39 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Ugh Jada's kick though.....so beautiful. I'm in love.

VK on the other hand....yikes

VKs kick looks so...  effortful?  Even her face reflects the effort going into it!  Kelli is delusional if she sees that as gold standard!  All to keep TKs friendship!  It was said upthread that TK is like a groupie, feeding Kelli’s ego.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

I just watched the show group audition, and I think perhaps Kristin and her friends should look at the stunt she pulled through the eyes of her employers. Show Group auditions are basically a job interview for a position as a representative, on an international stage, of the Dallas Cowboys organization, and she blew it. Kristin's decision to use the audition as an opportunity to "make a statement" in support of a controversial political agenda - and one which the Cowboys' leadership has made clear they don't support - was extremely unprofessional and inappropriate. Honestly, she's lucky Charlotte didn't cut her on the spot. 

I have always rooted for Kristin, but personally, I think this solo was a huge missed opportunity to show that she has the technique and showmanship to outdance the rookies and earn her spot back. If I were making cuts, a girl who hadn't wowed me with her dancing AND was using her role as a DCC to make political statements would be one of them. 

I don't get the hype about rookie Claire or Alora-Rose.  Neither of them blow me away like they seem to Kelli and Judy. Meredith's cut was sad, but necessary. She's a beautiful dancer but she has always struggled with DCC style, and if she's still not getting it after a year on the team, she's not going to. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I think Victoria's solo is pretty good. She has stage presence. She still dances heavy and doesnt have the "pretty feet" that Kelli likes but she's tall, blonde and good enough. Cassie was a blonde with a killer body too and definitely not as technically strong. So yes, Victoria will be in the triangle real soon. Caroline or Rachel might beat her for point next year, but VK will be up there.

I do wish there was more emphasis on how quick this years training camp was. To me its obvious they were setting up the vet cutting theme  prior to the start of camp. They invited more new candidates in - not less and the vets were only there a few days really. It's the perfect ratings set up. High drama to cut people the fans already know - Meredith, Lily, Brennan, Kristin (she doest get cut but she gets the 'struggle edit') were the girls everyone really remembers. Hannah gets the "not yourself" edit rather than helping her with actual corrections.  Definite maximum drama in highlighting them  week to week (which was likely pre-determined well before the vets arrived).

VK still can’t do graceful leaps.  She dances HEAVY...as usual.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:Meredith's cut was sad, but necessary. She's a beautiful dancer but she has always struggled with DCC style, and if she's still not getting it after a year on the team, she's not going to. 

Hahah I’m sorry, but this reminded me of Missy from Bring It On.

GIVE IT UP, if you dont have it yet, you don’t have it! 😩😂😩😂

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

If they're calling BLM a controversial political agenda I suggest looking at a calendar. It's 2021, not 1956.

That was my first thought!

However, I do not want to be too political over here but Kristin (whom I always rooted for) actually ventured into new merky waters by using the song of a man who claimed that Harriet Tubman "never actually freed the slaves" to support BLM!

• Love 6

I think we have to accept the truth that Kelli doesn’t deal in facts. Point in case is how VK dances, choosing people who are never going to make the team or stay beyond one year, that both TCC & vets have a life outside of DCC, that the girls can be ill & need to miss practice etc. And on & on & on!

• Love 20

When I first started watching the show, I use to identify certain ladies as being so gifted e.g., Holly P. and Kalyssa are two that jump out.  Now, it is half dozen of one half dozen of another.  No one stands out to me anymore.  All of them the same Victoria, Maddie, Amber, Amanda, Kelcey, and Caroline - some better at kicking some better at dancing some cute some pretty. All of them replaceable with more of the same like Armani, Claire, Jada and, yes Marissa.   I just don’t see any one of the dancers being the gold standard.  Of course the lower tier dancers like Meredith are just there filling in the numbers with limited time. Pretty faces and look good enough. No one really shines to me anymore.  Is it just me? I don’t really have any favorites but Amanda and Gina are both really consistent but not polarizing enough to say they are so much better than the others I named.  Maybe I am just over DCC 😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

That is not the solo she actually did for show group auditions.

Are you saying that the solo she is showing on her IG as her #dccsolo isn't the one she used?  And if so, why the change?

Edited by scorpio1031

My predictions for next year...

Retiring: Maddie, Tess, Lexie, Rachel A, Savannah, Ashlee, Alanna, Briana, Taylor J

Will be cut: Kristin, Alora Rose

Group leaders: Gina, Rachel W, Caroline, Amber

2nd leaders: Victoria, Amanda, Kelcey, Chandi

Point: Rachel W and Caroline

• Love 6
15 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Nailed it!

Another reason rookies might not want to dance next to her could be... if they outdance her or make her look bad in any way, TK/VK may feel threatened and encourage Kelli to cut the threats.  Kelli is TKs puppet..

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
10 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

if they outdance her or make her look bad in any way, TK/VK may feel threatened and encourage Kelli to cut the threats.

Speaking of threats - we don't see Amanda very much.  But oh yeah, she's also a blonde and a much better dancer

• Love 20
54 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

My predictions for next year...

Retiring: Maddie, Tess, Lexie, Rachel A, Savannah, Ashlee, Alanna, Briana, Taylor J

Will be cut: Kristin, Alora Rose

Group leaders: Gina, Rachel W, Caroline, Amber

2nd leaders: Victoria, Amanda, Kelcey, Chandi

Point: Rachel W and Caroline

I wud add Jalyn retiring and I think Kristen will retire instead of getting cut, I think the writings on the wall. I think Sydney cud b cut. Not impressed with her so far. 

• Love 17

I've never paid much attention to point until Kashara, so I'm curious, is Victoria too tall for point? have their been other "taller" points. I always thought they put their taller women behind point. 

• Useful 1
27 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I've never paid much attention to point until Kashara, so I'm curious, is Victoria too tall for point? have their been other "taller" points. I always thought they put their taller women behind point. 

Tall, short, doesn’t matter. She’ll b point🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 5

PREDICTIONS

Point

• Maddie. Though it may annoy me, I can see Maddie staying another year for the full, senior-vet experience. Pro bowl. Solo point. La De Da.

Group Leaders

• Rachel W., Caroline, Rachel. A., Erin

2nd Leaders

• Erin, Amber, Ashlee, Taylor J.

Retiring

• Tess, Gina, Savannah, Lexie, Briana, Daphne, Jalyn.

Checking the back door as we speak

• Kristin Dodd

Just now, Lona said:

Edited by Lona
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Lona said:

PREDICTIONS

Point

• Maddie. Though it may annoy me, I can see Maddie staying another year for the full, senior-vet experience. Pro bowl. Solo point. La De Da.

Hopefully we are all in for a big surprise and upset.

• Love 6