Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E17: Back on the Hump

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I imagine that along with the loss of Richard she also lost entrance to the privileged world she enjoyed through him and his career.  I wonder how many, if any of those she met, entertained, and socialized with during that marriage are still within her orbit today. Entering is a transition, if forced to exit probably harder.

Didn't she say, at her first reunion, that Hillary Clinton had called her about her being on RH? Maybe I'm remembering that wrong. anyone else remember her saying that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Didn't she say, at her first reunion, that Hillary Clinton had called her about her being on RH? Maybe I'm remembering that wrong. anyone else remember her saying that?

https://www.etonline.com/news/170270_hillary_clinton_is_a_fan_of_real_housewives_of_new_york

"I hear that you heard from Hillary Clinton about the show?" Andy asked Dorinda.

"Yes, can you believe that?" Dorinda replied. "‘Cause Richard used to work on his campaign so I got a call from one of the people who work on it and they said, ‘You know I just want to tell you that Hillary really enjoys you on the show'…I didn't even know what to say."

Doesn't sound too close.  

https://toofab.com/2017/08/08/rhony-dorinda-medley-on-hanging-with-pal-hillary-clinton-at-star-studded-ny-wedding-exclusive/

Here they were both attending a wedding a few years ago.  Open it to see Dorinda's dress...she has one hell of a nerve making any cracks about Ramona and her breasts if this is what she decided to wear to a formal occasion off camera.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, ichbin said:

https://www.etonline.com/news/170270_hillary_clinton_is_a_fan_of_real_housewives_of_new_york

"I hear that you heard from Hillary Clinton about the show?" Andy asked Dorinda.

"Yes, can you believe that?" Dorinda replied. "‘Cause Richard used to work on his campaign so I got a call from one of the people who work on it and they said, ‘You know I just want to tell you that Hillary really enjoys you on the show'…I didn't even know what to say."

Doesn't sound too close.  

https://toofab.com/2017/08/08/rhony-dorinda-medley-on-hanging-with-pal-hillary-clinton-at-star-studded-ny-wedding-exclusive/

Here they were both attending a wedding a few years ago.  Open it to see Dorinda's dress...she has one hell of a nerve making any cracks about Ramona and her breasts if this is what she decided to wear to a formal occasion off camera.  

I think her boobs were pretty restrained in those pictures. Either she’s had an upgrade or all of her weight goes to her bosom, because I am a natural DD, and nothing would make me look as huge as Dorinda at the Mexican restaurant. 

34 minutes ago, film noire said:

The back and forth started when I-Gotta-Be-Meah shared the oh-so-charming idea of drinking tap water to induce a personal shitsplosion.  

"I-Gotta-Be-Meah"...Love it!  I'm beginning to wonder if she has some kind of obsession with feces considering the number of references to fecal matter attributed to her so far this season.  The only time it was within context was during Ramona's toilet backup.  

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Bluesky said:

Can’t Americans go anywhere with being loud, obnoxious and making themselves the center of attention?  The epitome of the ugly Americans.  

Yes, and most of us do.  Doesn't make for very interesting guilty pleasure television.  That's the difference.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, AryasMum said:

I think her boobs were pretty restrained in those pictures. Either she’s had an upgrade or all of her weight goes to her bosom, because I am a natural DD, and nothing would make me look as huge as Dorinda at the Mexican restaurant. 

Pretty sure the restaurant was due to that silicone breast form she showed off in her apartment a few weeks ago.  

• Love 9

Re: Dorinda and Hillary:   A few years ago Hillary was on WWHL and I was stunned to see Andy mention that Drunkinda was in the audience to "support her friend".   Then I remembered Richard so I'm sure Bravo arranged it so Slurinda (LOVE that btw)  could be there that night and while Hillary probably knew who Dorinda was I doubt they are actual friends or even in the same circles anymore.  Dorinda is probably on the big donors list.     I have a pic of myself with her at a fundraiser in the 90s.   It was part of the fundraiser, lol.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

I know, right?!  Technically, Ramona is the true OG because Luanne was a friend of one season.  Ramona has been full time, for every season.  Ramona, Lu, Bethenny, Jill and Alex were the originals, but the Ramona-coaster has never missed a season like Lu or Bethenny.

Also, I think there are some similarities between Ramona and Icky Vicki G.  They were both long time OGs, both are the eldest of their shows and closest in age, they like to have fun but don’t like it when things go too far, especially with sex talk, in a public setting.  They both love their crazy, wild buddies...Sonja/Tamra, appreciate their wackiness, but are much more reserved about sex talk.  I LOVE that Ramona and Lu are both still there.  I don’t like Jill, but think it would be an interesting dynamic if she was back on while Dorinda is now there.  They’ve been sniping at each other on social media.  

who's been snippy with each other?

• LOL 1
59 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I will never understand why some “didn’t get the memo” on Proper wedding attire!  I agree, a wedding is not the time to parade your chest!  You should always opt for demure at a wedding.  All eyes need to be on the couple!! 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, ichbin said:

I't really not that bad.  The woman was 63 when they filmed.  Compare her to most woman that age or even a decade or two younger. She looks great.  She looks toned and is quite slim otherwise.  She used to be heavy into working out and it is likely that she still exercises  to some extent  Menopause is a bitch!  It's hard to fight hormones and genetics. Why risk the surgery when she can conceal it most of the time with clothing.  

She looks her age, I wouldn’t  compare her to women in their early 40’s.

That type of stomach that goes up to her boobs is not menopause.  Menopause can give women extra fat around the lower middle.  She has that distended bloat look, almost like a man’s beer belly.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

who's been snippy with each other?

I would have to search online, but apparently Jill felt snubbed by Dorinda...Jill said she was supposed to be invited to some other event by Dorinda, besides that Halloween party...There were texts involved and Dorinda claimed innocence.  

Apparently, Jill mentioned this on her Instagram stories.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Doesn't sound too close.  

That dress was too small because her boobs had been manufactured into being disproportionately too large for her body.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Mar said:

I agree. Like all of them, she has her “issues”, but what I like is that I don’t recall her ever being nasty or rude to another cast mate. Perhaps I’ve forgotten something. Also, when a cast mate is nasty to her, she doesn’t respond with anger or insults. 

I agree. In all the seasons Lu has never been aggressively nasty. Perhaps that’s why she was chosen for the WWHL retrospective last night. Previous HO’s seemed to like her.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I will never understand why some “didn’t get the memo” on Proper wedding attire!  I agree, a wedding is not the time to parade your chest!  You should always opt for demure at a wedding.  All eyes need to be on the couple!! 

I have to disagree with this.  That photo looks like it's from the reception, it looks like it's in a hotel or expensive restaurant.  In some cases the wedding can be a low key affair and then people come to the reception dressed to the nines.  Proper wedding attire is usually for a church wedding IMO, and even then not always.

I think Leah is between a rock and a hard place.  She's the new girl in the cast.  On reality shows, if you're low key, people will see you as "boring."  So she may feel she has to be outrageous to secure her spot on the show.  However she has to be careful because it can backfire.  On RHOA, Shamari DeVoe was the new cast member one season.  She got very drunk more than a few times, at different occasions, she was gone the next season.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, chewycandy said:

She’s a newbie; she’s establishing her storyline. And no, her mental illness doesn’t define her. That’s exactly why she should be on the show and bring something different, and not be cast aside as simply the nutty young one by a group of aging alcoholics.

In this case her mental illness not only defines her but tells us that she is garbage because she no longer medicated. What reputable doctor would want her off her meds after seeing  this show. Sonja is garbage too.

Go away Leah. You are an ass.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, janiema said:

I agree. In all the seasons Lu has never been aggressively nasty. Perhaps that’s why she was chosen for the WWHL retrospective last night. Previous HO’s seemed to like her.

i disagree!  she treated alex horribly.  She was jealous of jill and bethenny relationship that she tried to keep them separated when bethenny was trying to reconcile with jill.  lu looked down her nose at both alex and bethenny.  that's when bethenny called her a snake.   i like lu more in the later years.  she is the best looking one and doesn't hold a grudge

those previous ho were all her close friends

Edited by jaybird2
  • Love 14
28 minutes ago, janiema said:

She was pretty nasty to Alex.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, njbchlover said:

But, Lu took it in stride and laughed it off!!  

I have to admit Lu is a pretty good sport most of the time.  From falling in the bushes and still getting up for yoga the next day, to getting on the camel to getting smacked with a volleyball, she brushes it all off and looks fab while doing it.  That bikini was to die.  She really looks amazing.

• Love 18
38 minutes ago, janiema said:

In this case her mental illness not only defines her but tells us that she is garbage because she no longer medicated. What reputable doctor would want her off her meds after seeing  this show. Sonja is garbage too.

Go away Leah. You are an ass.

Okay then.

Wow, Bethenny, wow. 

• Love 5

I remember being appalled when Leah’s sister confessed that their mom told her she did not like Leah. After last night, not so appalled. Leah says vulgar things because she thinks it makes her sound interesting and edgy. Instead, she just sounds like she’s trying too hard. Ramona’s party was an attempt by Leah to be “that girl.” She’s competiting with Sonja for most obvious attention-seeking “housewife.”  And still, I like her more than Drunk-rinda.

Ugh, like NeNe, Dorinda has gone from a fave to one of my least favorites of the entire franchise. She’s starting to make the show unwatchable. I wish Bethenny had been around to put her in her place. All of these other women are scared of her. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

One reason I’ve always liked NY is due to their capacity to move on.  Dorinda is coming pretty damn close to getting into BH Territory.  She gets fixated on a perceived wrong and when you think an issue is dead, she brings it back to life.   

It also annoys me that Dorinda scares the crap out of these ladies.  It’s gross to see a grown woman behave in this manner and get away with it.  She drags Luanne repeatedly and completely ignores the fact that Luanne’s arrest followed two very public and humiliating divorces.  Is Luanne perfect?  No.  But, she’s gotten her shit together, looks amazing, and has shown a lot of humility.

Ramona wasn’t arrested, but crazy as she is (and that’s never changed in 12 years), she went thru a humiliating/public divorce and has come out okay.  Dorinda’s husband died.  It’s tragic.  But he left her well off, she wasn’t publicly humiliated, and she seems to have a nice family around her.  The fact that she can’t show an ounce of empathy for others (unless it suits her own agenda) is messed up.

Bethenny was the only one not afraid of Dorinda.  And yes Bethenny can be crude and obnoxious (I love her), it would be cool to see how she’d address Leah and Dorinda.  I don’t hate Leah, but there is such a huge divide between where she is in her life vs. the others that it’s hard to believe she’d ever have any association with these woman. 

I read Leah was brought on as a friend of Bethany but when Beth left the show they switched her to friend of Tinsley. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, laprin said:

Ugh, like NeNe, Dorinda has gone from a fave to one of my least favorites of the entire franchise. She’s starting to make the show unwatchable. I wish Bethenny had been around to put her in her place. All of these other women are scared of her. 

Dorinda intimidates through anger/rage.  There is no low she won't go, she will have the last word, and she abuses alcohol, and they are scared of her.  It annoys me nobody will tell her to go to hell, do not pass go, go straight to hell, bitch.  When she makes body contact, take her ass to the cleaners.  That's what I would do.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, janiema said:

In all the seasons Lu has never been aggressively nasty.

In the early years, Lu was very condescending, and could be nasty-ish.  She was full blown Countess then though.  Life knocked that title right off of her, and now we have the fabulous Lu.  🥂

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

In the early years, Lu was very condescending, and could be nasty-ish.  She was full blown Countess then though.  Life knocked that title right off of her, and now we have the fabulous Lu.  🥂

It's still early days. After "the Countess" I recall people thinking she was simply wonderful back in the "be cool, don't be all uncool" season...then she got engaged to Tom.  She reverted back to being insufferable again at that point.  I won't count on this phase lasting until it has been proven by time.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, ichbin said:

I imagine that along with the loss of Richard she also lost entrance to the privileged world she enjoyed through him and his career.  I wonder how many, if any of those she met, entertained, and socialized with during that marriage are still within her orbit today. Entering is a transition, if forced to exit probably harder.

Especially when Dorinda was a realtor when she met Richard...she wasn't some accomplished writer, an aristocrat, high society maven or wealthy political donor.  I've read his biography...pretty impressive. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, chewycandy said:

She’s a newbie; she’s establishing her storyline. And no, her mental illness doesn’t define her. That’s exactly why she should be on the show and bring something different, and not be cast aside as simply the nutty young one by a group of aging alcoholics.

I actually like Leah and agree that she brings something different to the show. I also believe that there is a bit of jealousy on Ramona's part as well. She look like a teletubby next to her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

TBH, I lost track of all the back and forth gossiping about who was talking about who behind the other's back. It all seemed like too much producer-driven shenanigans.

Other than that, the villa looks gorgeous and I would love to stay there. I thought the only Housewife who was polite to the staff at the house was Luann, thanking them for bringing her drinks and saying please when she asked for things. She also looks amazing and there is no doubt that she's genetically blessed but probably also works hard to keep her body in such good shape. Sonja is showing signs of liver bloat. I think for her age, Ramona looks great. She has a stocky body and I think the boobs balance it out and give her more shape. I know they're probably a little too big but I think she looks great for her age.

But, OMG, that scene at the restaurant. The mortified expressions on the faces of the families trying to enjoy dinner with their children when  the 'cabaret' began said it all. I hope they got their meals comped by production.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Also...there's a reason her physician put her on a diuretic. Could be for high blood pressure or some other pulmonary issue. If her doctor prescibed them then she needs to take them. Post menopause can wreak havoc on a woman's heart and blood pressure. They don't interact with alcohol. She's a moron...just looking for a reason to get drunk every day. I've been on them for five years and have never been told they interact with alcohol. If anything, excessive alcohol consumption will do more damage to her then taking a water pill.

It wouldn't surprise me if the diuretic she is on is not Dr. prescribed and is one of those over the counter pills to help with period bloat.  The way Ramona responded to her like "you don't need those. you look great" makes me think Sonja is abusing those to lose water weight.  

Unless she was just overly dehydrated, the diuretics aren't responsible for her behavior when drinking.  And if she were that dehydrated, she would have had a raging headache and likely would be vomited from that.  

I don't believe Sonja is doing anything more but acting.  Is she drunk?  Probably.  Is she overplaying that?  Absolutely.   I used to love Sonja.  The season of the fight with Aviva with Ramona was my favorite of her.  She was charming then.  

Like others, I like how Lu bounces back.  I've always thought she had a great sense of humor, and when she was that haughty countess, I heard that was pretty much the act and she was a lot of fun to be around.  I like that she's had drinks but she isn't going back to her old self.  Dorinda shoving the arrest in her face, yet again, was disturbing.   For Lu, that was an aberration.  For Dorinda, her drunken belligerence can't even be hidden when she's having dinner with philanthropists.  

And I know I'm in the minority, but I like Leah.  I didn't like her throwing torches episode, but I generally like her. I think she has some great talking heads.   I liked that she told Dorinda she was wrong about what Lu said.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, ichbin said:

I think that's what she's really mourning.  She isn't hanging with Desmond Tutu anymore.  But she sure likes to post pics of her past life with Richard.  She's worse than Sonja and yet remember how Dorinda was all over Sonja because she wasn't really a Morgan?

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Dorinda’s first husband got her out and about.  Enough so that a character based on her appeared on Sex in the City.  Actually, the character was pretty annoying!

oooooh, I was a big SATC fan back in the day - which character/season?    I'd love to know!

• Love 2
17 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Probably to host a fundraiser.  That's the likely extent of her relationship with Hillary beyond Richard.

• Love 2
On 8/6/2020 at 10:50 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I searched "#RHONY Pirate" on Twitter and he looks good!!  Very cleaned up.  

EeyPItOWkAAgjsI.png

EeyLV1PXsAE7QL7.jpeg

EeyLn8YWkAYvnlG.jpeg

I would never have thought this was the pirate!  He looks great!

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

oooooh, I was a big SATC fan back in the day - which character/season?    I'd love to know!

Wasn't it supposed to be the couple that fight all the time?  Nasty fights?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, essexjan said:

TBH, I lost track of all the back and forth gossiping about who was talking about who behind the other's back. It all seemed like too much producer-driven shenanigans.

Other than that, the villa looks gorgeous and I would love to stay there. I thought the only Housewife who was polite to the staff at the house was Luann, thanking them for bringing her drinks and saying please when she asked for things. She also looks amazing and there is no doubt that she's genetically blessed but probably also works hard to keep her body in such good shape. Sonja is showing signs of liver bloat. I think for her age, Ramona looks great. She has a stocky body and I think the boobs balance it out and give her more shape. I know they're probably a little too big but I think she looks great for her age.

But, OMG, that scene at the restaurant. The mortified expressions on the faces of the families trying to enjoy dinner with their children when  the 'cabaret' began said it all. I hope they got their meals comped by production.

Plain old water bottles for weights!

I agree she was not kind with Alex.  But!  I always thought Alex was kind of snotty with Luanne too.  

Did they ever get along?

• Love 3
On 8/6/2020 at 6:12 PM, jaybird2 said:

at the reunion i hope bravo shows all the times dorinda is drunk and calls her out

If they showed all the clips we've seen of Dorinda out of control drunk and foaming at the mouth, it would take up most of the episode!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
On 8/6/2020 at 6:26 PM, Straycat80 said:

Sonja threw her water pill in the garbage? So she’s choosing drinking over her health. Her daughter or someone needs to do an intervention. 

Ah it wouldn't surprise me if Sonja's daughter only tolerates her and they seldom visit.  I don't get the vibe that Sonja is particularly maternal and the daughter might just have an opinion about her parents' marriage ending because of Sonja's misdeeds (I've heard about cheating and the Hollywood lawsuit that cost Mr. Morgan millions to settle).  Not to even mention Sonja's behavior on this show -- idk, it's not much of a stretch to think I'd want to distance myself from a mother like that and hang with my Morgan relatives instead.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, essexjan said:

I thought the only Housewife who was polite to the staff at the house was Luann, thanking them for bringing her drinks and saying please when she asked for things. She also looks amazing and there is no doubt that she's genetically blessed but probably also works hard to keep her body in such good shape. Sonja is showing signs of liver bloat. I think for her age, Ramona looks great. She has a stocky body and I think the boobs balance it out and give her more shape. I know they're probably a little too big but I think she looks great for her age.

And remembering their names and saying hi how are you! Lu says her Spanish is terrible but I’m surprised at how much she does know and how she kept attempting it with the staff. During the trip to Mexico when Beth was on the cast she also held a conversation with a staff member about what time dinner was. 

I think Ramona was very cute before the implants; now that’s all the eye can see. I saw their reunion looks and she looked very good. They all did and dressed in all black. 

• Love 3
On 8/6/2020 at 6:42 PM, Straycat80 said:

Lu: I’m pretty good at volleyball. Then she hits the ball into the net, gets smacked in the face and lands on her ass. That was funny! 

I love Luann, but she obviously knows squat about volleyball.  She was too close to get it over the net -- all 3 shots we saw should have been "set up" (meaning join your hands under the ball and punch it straight upward) so someone else could knock it over the net.  Basic volleyball strategy.  There's even a dog on reddit that was better at volleyball than Luann.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 8/6/2020 at 7:20 PM, ChitChat said:

For me, sexy dancing is what I saw in the movie Dirty Dancing, not watching Leah grind herself on top of LuAnn.  Some may find that sexy, but it does nothing for me, and it was inappropriate at Ramona's birthday party.  As usual, YMMV.

I'm with the Noodle on this one.  I don't want to be out with friends and have someone start talking loudly about their vagina/pussy.  It's not necessary.  Leah keeps going on and on about hers and everybody else's,  and I'm tired of hearing about it too.   

Apparently it's a disease that affects mostly reality show housewives!  😉 

Oh right!  Leah was innocently "dancing" at Ramona's party?  More like riding the mechanical bull at Gilley's -- the only thing missing was waving her cowboy hat above her head.   

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
On 8/6/2020 at 7:24 PM, Emmeline said:

I will do that and thank you for the info.  I’m overdue for my cleaning but am still worried about COVID.  I’ll try the over the counter variety for now.

The over the counter variety never worked for me -- they're just too thick.  Bite the bullet (no pun intended) spend the money to get a good one from your dentist.  They last for years and years.

I had an emergency dentist visit last month, and the dentists and their staff are VERY on top of sterilizing everything.  I felt very safe.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

The character's name was "Susan Sharon", who sold wholesale cashmere (as did Dorinda, back then).

On the show, Susan Sharon's husband was horribly rude, and they fought all the time, as was apparently the case in Dorinda's first marriage.

Great episode, and apparently a very realistic representation of Dorinda pre-Richard.

• Love 9
On 8/6/2020 at 8:21 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

The word on the street is that Mario has a notoriously shy penis. Like a turtle hiding in its shell. 

So when Ramona could coax it out she would shout out “It’s Turtle Time!”

Is this another one of your made-up stories that I almost believed?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Luann obviously knows squat about volleyball.  She was too close to get it over the net -- all 3 shots we saw should have been "set up" (meaning join your hands under the ball and punch it straight upward) so someone else could knock it over the net.  Basic volleyball strategy.  There's even a dog on reddit that was better at volleyball than Luann.

Yeah but how does that dog look in a bikini 👙?

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 6