Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E17: Back on the Hump

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

i thought he looked fine!!! better than originally. 

I searched "#RHONY Pirate" on Twitter and he looks good!!  Very cleaned up.  

EeyPItOWkAAgjsI.png

EeyLV1PXsAE7QL7.jpeg

EeyLn8YWkAYvnlG.jpeg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Lu: I’m pretty good at volleyball. Then she hits the ball into the net, gets smacked in the face and lands on her ass. That was funny! 

Lu getting hit with the volleyball reminded me of one the all time best scenes on RH of Orange County, when Vicki got hit in the head with a football at Lake Havasu!!  

But, Lu took it in stride and laughed it off!!  

• LOL 7
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I kind of think there's a difference between talking about your pussy and "Turtle time".  In fact I can't even find the similarity.  What does Turtle time even mean?  I thought it just meant that Ramona is drinking and having fun?  Is there some hidden meaning about turtle pussy or something?

on the 'scary island' episode     ramona and bethenny were going back to their boat and ramona was a happy drunk singing 'it's turtle time'.. that was sonja's first season and the only time she hasn't been crazy drunk.  it's the episode where production had to take kelly off the trip because she was acting/going crazy

Edited by jaybird2
addition
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Sonja may have been taking the water pills to keep her weight down a bit, if she was retaining water.  No wonder she wears adult diapers on the jitney to the Hamptons!!  

I'm giving her the side-eye on the water pill causing "drunken sailor syndrome" (whatever the hell that is!).  I take a water pill daily and my doctor never advised me about this side effect.  I also drink an occasional cocktail or four, and never wind up in the same condition as Sonja has been on a regular basis this season.

Wouldn’t it just make you more hungover?  If you start out dehydrating yourself somewhat from the water pill, and then add the alcohol.  But I am admittedly bad at anything science-y so I could be wrong.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Previews: more vacation diarrhea!  Wheeeee good times!

Oh, come on....you really didn't think this group would go to Mexico and NOT have some type of gastro issue?  It's so freakin' cliche - go to Mexico and get Montezuma's Revenge....Leah even said she was contemplating drinking tap water so it would happen.  Now, why would you do that??  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

on the 'scary island' episode     ramona and bethenny were going back to their boat and ramona was a happy drunk singing 'it's turtle time'.. that was sonja's first season and the only time she hasn't been crazy drunk.  it's the episode where production had to take kelly off the trip because she was acting/going crazy

Yes, that's what I thought.  But when Ramona acts affronted because Leah is like "Pussy pussy pussy" at dinner, Leah says, "What about you, you say Turtle time!"  Seriously?  What do those two phrases have in common?  "Turtle time" sounds like the most innocent thing ever, so how can she compare the two?

I watched the season and I remember all of that, but has Ramona actually explained what the phrase means and how "turtle" comes to be part of it?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
Just now, njbchlover said:

And, didn't Leah say somewhere that she didn't watch the show (as ALL new Housewives do)?  How would she have known about "Turtle Time" if she didn't watch?  

And, you're right - Turtle Time was about Ramona having one too many glasses of pinot grigio and dancing down the dock to the bar (I think the name of the bar had the word "turtle" in it or something...).

Thank you!!!!!

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:
24 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I kind of think there's a difference between talking about your pussy and "Turtle time".  In fact I can't even find the similarity.  What does Turtle time even mean?  I thought it just meant that Ramona is drinking and having fun?  Is there some hidden meaning about turtle pussy or something?

Wasn't "Turtle" the name or part of the name of a bar or restaurant they had gone to?

A quick Google check on "drunken sailor syndrome" shows it mean someone's gait.  It comes up in veterinary links too. Seems like Sonja's reaching.

I can't be the only one who thought Dorinda looked like Little Edie when she came out in that turban costume at the restaurant.

Leah, please go find another reality show to be on.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes, that's what I thought.  But when Ramona acts affronted because Leah is like "Pussy pussy pussy" at dinner, Leah says, "What about you, you say Turtle time!"  Seriously?  What do those two phrases have in common?  "Turtle time" sounds like the most innocent thing ever, so how can she compare the two?

I watched the season and I remember all of that, but has Ramona actually explained what the phrase means and how "turtle" comes to be part of it?

i don't remember exactly, but it was a happy place and all very innocent.  i don't think ramona ever knew what she meant

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ms. Me said:

It's hard to believe that Dorinda is doing this party for Sonja- and not for her own image.

I think it was last episode she was telling Sonja she wanted to be her raft.  I laughed at that for some reason, but it's like she's schmoozing Sonja so she can help her through whatever sad time Sonja is going through.  But it's really to try and fix someone other than herself, and she has always viewed Sonja as weak.  She probably needs a pet project.

• Love 6

The word on the street is that Mario has a notoriously shy penis. Like a turtle hiding in its shell. 

So when Ramona could coax it out she would shout out “It’s Turtle Time!”

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Dorinda: "Sonja fades in the background..." 😂😂😂

Also, I need Luann getting smacked in the face with the volleyball on a loop. 😁

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 10
15 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

As messy as these women are, they dress so much better than the RHOBH - simple, timeless (mostly) clothing,  no over-the-top  ridiculous ‘glam’ - damn have I come to hate that word - and no obnoxious show of designer logos.

Luann especially was killing it this episode - the elegant black bikini and the cute ruffled white outfit at dinner.

I agree with you 100%.  The glam and getups on the RHOBH episode in Italy was simply ridiculous.  

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 16
13 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Dorinda: "Sonja fades in the background..." 😂😂😂

Also, I need Luann getting smacked in the face with the volleyball on a loop. 😁

I also made this from the original trailer for you:

giphy.gif

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Wouldn’t it just make you more hungover?  If you start out dehydrating yourself somewhat from the water pill, and then add the alcohol.  But I am admittedly bad at anything science-y so I could be wrong.

I usually know my limits and stick to one type of alcohol (not lots of tequila, wine, AND vodka all in one day), so I rarely have a hangover.  It seems like Sonja bounces back very quickly with hardly any hangovers - I don't know how she does it.  I'd be sick as a dog the next day if I drank like she did.

Since I mostly drink vodka, club and cranberry, after drinking the only thing the water pill does is make me get up more often during the night to go to the bathroom.  I'm thinking the combination of the cranberry juice and the water pill is what makes that happen!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Leah didn’t have a good comeback there. She needed to bring up Sonja’s chubby pussy comment. Why is Ramona holding this girl to such a higher standard? They are drinking and having fun and talking about sex. They’ve done it for seasons! Didn’t Ramona tell one of her fifty good girlfriends this season in her Living Room that she used three condoms one night with a guy? Just because Ramona and Sonja have known each other for decades, that’s “just Sonja,” she’s a lost cause, blah blah, isn’t fair to the new girl who’s trying to fit in with the group and have fun but keeps being shut down doing what they all do. I really think Ramona is prejudiced towards her because she has a legit mental illness, which, Ramona baby, maybe you should look into therapy for your own self. 

6 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

giphy.gif

Damn, Lu really ate that ball. I love how she laughed along with the others!

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Wasn't "Turtle" the name or part of the name of a bar or restaurant they had gone to?

A quick Google check on "drunken sailor syndrome" shows it mean someone's gait.  It comes up in veterinary links too. Seems like Sonja's reaching.

I can't be the only one who thought Dorinda looked like Little Edie when she came out in that turban costume at the restaurant.

Leah, please go find another reality show to be on.  

I looked too, and could only find references to this with regards to vertigo and Meniere's disease (an inner ear issue).  As far as in veterinary medicine, it is linked to older dogs who begin to suffer seizures (something vestibular - I can't remember the entire name), so they walk like they are "drunken sailors" - wobbly legs and sometimes their legs go out from under them for no reason.  I know this because my dog had this happen and we eventually had to have him put down.  😢

I agree with you - Sonja is definitely reaching here.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3

As vain as Romona is I'm surprised she hasn't had her tummy liposuctioned.   She looked funny dancing in that blue bathing suit while watching Luann play volleyball.  That bathing suit did her and her belly no favors.  

And they were all out of line at that restaurant where there were kids present talking about vajayjays and rubbing their faces in Dorinda's humongous fake boobs.  The guy on the violin was clearly not amused.  In fact, he seemed a little perturbed, and rightly so. 

• Love 21
38 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

giphy.gif

What’s really impressive about the volleyball clip is that the ball bounced off Luanne’s face, and her teammate then managed to swat it - not over the net but still so cool and I can’t stop watching!  🤣😂🤣😂

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Why does Dorinda get so sensitive when someone says she’s drunk?  Dorinda is always drunk; she’s on vacation, so what?  It’s hilarious how Dorinda keeps trying to spin the ‘drunk’ thing back on Ramona.  How’s that working for you, Doris?

2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

She's such a narcissist, she can't even hear a person explain what a third person's criticism of her without attacking the messenger. What a vile, loathsome human being she is. 

The kicker was when she started fake crying about Ramona being so mean to her.  Classic.  I have a close family member like that.  As soon as she gets called out on her behavior she lashes back viciously and then proceeds to act like the victim.  It's exhausting.  Ramona was actually doing the best thing which is to walk away.  

Geez, the woman has already broken up with John and then brings him up in not so flattering terms when the poor guy isn't even on the show anymore.  I'm talking about that crack about being on top of him at 1 am being like riding that camel.  

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, swankie said:

As vain as Romona is I'm surprised she hasn't had her tummy liposuctioned.   She looked funny dancing in that blue bathing suit while watching Luann play volleyball.  That bathing suit did her and her belly no favors. 

I't really not that bad.  The woman was 63 when they filmed.  Compare her to most woman that age or even a decade or two younger. She looks great.  She looks toned and is quite slim otherwise.  She used to be heavy into working out and it is likely that she still exercises  to some extent  Menopause is a bitch!  It's hard to fight hormones and genetics. Why risk the surgery when she can conceal it most of the time with clothing.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
11 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Geez, the woman has already broken up with John and then brings him up in not so flattering terms when the poor guy isn't even on the show anymore.  I'm talking about that crack about being on top of him at 1 am being like riding that camel.  

Dorinda is always classy!

What a POS!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Ramona’s boobs 😳

And the Google psychiatry. I can’t.

Ramona’s boobs are probably in the “don’t “ section of every plastic surgeon book. They are grotesque.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I disagree but regardless... it was Ramona's party. Ramona asked Leah to not act like a fool and Leah did. I mean, more power to you if you find Leah's behavior okay but I'm going to guess most polite society would recognize that hiking up one's skirt and grinding on other party guests is chastise-worthy behavior.  But hey, if you don't find Leah's behavior all that bad, then you must have been perfectly fine with Sonja's right?

ETA: Ramona can be obnoxious and quick to anger and a snob. So it's not like I don't find reasons to be critical of her. But not for rightly calling Leah out on her behavior at the party. 

Wasn't Dorinda right behind Leah doing that straddle dance?  I know I saw a shot of her right behind Leah grinding away.  So why didn't Ramona go after her?  I really think that Ramona is jealous of Leah's long, lean body.  I really do. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Oh god, Ramona is consciously toying with this mother-daughter dynamic, isn’t she. 

And it’s completely boring.  Leah is closer to 40 than 30 and she doesn’t need a second mother.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, swankie said:

And they were all out of line at that restaurant where there were kids present talking about vajayjays and rubbing their faces in Dorinda's humongous fake boobs.  The guy on the violin was clearly not amused.  In fact, he seemed a little perturbed, and rightly so. 

That Is classic alcohol bloat. A lot of alcoholics have skinny arms and legs and this bloated middle.  Not sure that can be sucked away like normal fat.  
As for her being a daily drinker, who knows but she sure has that look.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I't really not that bad.  The woman was 63 when they filmed.  Compare her to most woman that age or even a decade or two younger. She looks great.  She looks toned and is quite slim otherwise.  She used to be heavy into working out and it is likely that she still exercises  to some extent  Menopause is a bitch!  It's hard to fight hormones and genetics. Why risk the surgery when she can conceal it most of the time with clothing.  

Or hide it with a great big hat.  She almost looks pregnant to me.  And I agree she has a pretty good body for her age.  She just looked a little self conscious walking next to long, lean and luscious Luann in her black bikini.  

Edited by swankie
Spelling
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

LuAnn, it’s birTHday, not bUTHday. 
That is the difference between a professional singer and a wanna be.

I think that was her not so successful attempt at sounding like Marilyn Monroe singing Happy BUTHday Mr. President.    

• Love 14
On 8/6/2020 at 8:32 PM, Emmeline said:

I think it’s a picture of LuAnn.

Lord, at first glance I thought it was Michael Jackson.

ebdf305b3276b1991547a2bf7332b10a--michael-jackson-photoshoot-black-and-white-portraits.jpg

Screenshot_20200808-223252_Chrome.jpg

Edited by QQQQ
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ichbin said:

Menopause is a bitch!  It's hard to fight hormones and genetics. Why risk the surgery when she can conceal it most of the time with clothing.  

Amen to that!   As others have said, as we get older things do seem to shift on our bodies, and you wake up some mornings and say to yourself, 'damn, how did that happen!'   I wish that Ramona hadn't upsized her boobs, but other than that, I think she looks great. 

I used to like Dorinda, but she's really becoming unwatchable.  Her behavior was really crass in the restaurant seeing as how there were kids in there.  He was probably thinking "Who unleashed the Diablo?"  

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Lu: I’m pretty good at volleyball. Then she hits the ball into the net, gets smacked in the face and lands on her ass. That was funny! 

Lu looked great in her bikini though.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, swankie said:

Wasn't Dorinda right behind Leah doing that straddle dance?  I know I saw a shot of her right behind Leah grinding away.  So why didn't Ramona go after her?  I really think that Ramona is jealous of Leah's long, lean body.  I really do. 

I really don't. I mean, again, this is all just "what aboutism." I suspect that Ramona didn't say anything to Dorinda about her behavior because she knows she is just going to bite Ramona's head off so what's the point?  

Ramona may have irrational reasons for disliking Leah but I don't think she's "jus' jellus" is one of them. When has she said word one about Leah's "long, lean body"? Just because Ramona's short doesn't mean she's jealous of someone who isn't. If, for instance, Ramona has said even one thing about Leah's body - either positively or negatively - then I could understand, but she's not really talked about her body, she's talked about her behavior.

I do think that Ramona is perhaps being too maternal towards Leah. She doesn't see Leah as a peer but as like her daughter, and I can understand why Leah would find that condescending. But unfortunately, I still think that a big reason that Leah has issues with Ramona is because she is projecting onto Ro her anger with her mother. So they are both caught in an unhealthy dynamic.

On a totally separate note: I realized today that Dorinda never talks about anything beyond her coworkers, Bluestone Manor, or Richard. Like we don't hear about her professional career or any hobbies she might have or any philanthropic work she might do.  All of the other women have some other thing going on - Lu's cabaret is obvious but both Ramona and Sonja talk about their businesses, for all that Sonja's is kind of a charlatan. And Leah actually does have her own business. But for Dorinda? Nothing. It's clear that the show is her whole life and if I didn't find her such a loathsome narcissist, I would say that is rather sad. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'm giving her the side-eye on the water pill causing "drunken sailor syndrome" (whatever the hell that is!).  I take a water pill daily and my doctor never advised me about this side effect.  I also drink an occasional cocktail or four, and never wind up in the same condition as Sonja has been on a regular basis this season.

IMO Sonja pulled out what she determined to the least offensive bottle of pills from what I imagine to be a Mary Poppins-style bottomless bag of pharmaceuticals to blame for her gross, messy behavior. I think I heard Ramona say something to the effect of "you have to be careful about your diuretics, your Xanax..." Uh, Xanax and alcohol is MUCH more likely to result in that shitshow. I think it's some combination of mood stabilizers, narcotics & benzos + her even more addictive need to be the center of attention - all times, any cost. But I still like her better than Dorinda.

• Love 18

It felt as though both Lu and Ramona did their best to make this a nice trip.  The other three not so much.

Leah, stop hiding your obnoxious, vulgar and crude behavior behind "having fun. It is not fun. Your simulated sex act at Ramona's party was not fun.  Pack your bags and go away. You are not entertaining.

Sonja, the water pills did not make you drunk. Drinking too much did. Pack your bags and go to rehab (not a spa).

Dorinda, you are vile. You also seem to have mental issues. Ramona was right when she said that you feel cheated. Pack your bags and go to some real mental care. In the long run you will be glad you did.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Just because Ramona's short doesn't mean she's jealous of someone who isn't. If, for instance, Ramona has said even one thing about Leah's body - either positively or negatively - then I could understand, but she's not really talked about her body, she's talked about her behavior.

I don't think she's jealous either.  Ramona has always let us know how proud of her own body she is!  She wouldn't be strutting around in her bathing suit if she had any issues about it!  

57 minutes ago, janiema said:

It felt as though both Lu and Ramona did their best to make this a nice trip.  The other three not so much.

I can understand why LuAnn is trying to stay calm and tactful with Dorinda.  There's just no reasoning with Dorinda, so it's pointless to try, as was evident in last night's episode.  I'm actually impressed that LuAnn seems to be handling her liquor pretty well.  She doesn't seem to be getting shit-faced drunk, so that's a nice change.   Kadooz to Ramona for seeing just how bad Sonja & Dorinda look when drunk, so she's trying to back off from the booze too.  I'm sure that her liver is thanking her.  😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

For those who suggest that Leah move to a different reality show, I agree. I wonder if she would move to something more open to her style.  If she would relocate, there may be an opening on Southern Charm.  Here's a trailer for how it started. They've lost some cast over the years, but, some of the most repulsive ones are still there and they might be able to make her feel at home. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1