Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E17: Back on the Hump

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I searched "#RHONY Pirate" on Twitter and he looks good!!  Very cleaned up.  

EeyPItOWkAAgjsI.png

EeyLV1PXsAE7QL7.jpeg

EeyLn8YWkAYvnlG.jpeg

At first I thought this was Lu’s son. He looks a lot like her - maybe that was the attraction ha-ha.

• LOL 4
18 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

For those who suggest that Leah move to a different reality show, I agree. I wonder if she would move to something more open to her style.  If she would relocate, there may be an opening on Southern Charm.  Here's a trailer for how it started. They've lost some cast over the years, but, some of the most repulsive ones are still there and they might be able to make her feel at home. 

As much as I’d like to see Leah slap those asshole Charleston men around, she’d go over like an invading anti-genteel Yankee.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Bluesky said:

That Is classic alcohol bloat. A lot of alcoholics have skinny arms and legs and this bloated middle.  Not sure that can be sucked away like normal fat.  
As for her being a daily drinker, who knows but she sure has that look.  

Hey now!  We apple shapes also have thick middle and thinner arms and legs — drinking or not.  😩

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Oh, come on....you really didn't think this group would go to Mexico and NOT have some type of gastro issue?  It's so freakin' cliche - go to Mexico and get Montezuma's Revenge....Leah even said she was contemplating drinking tap water so it would happen.  Now, why would you do that??  

SilkySneakyAssassinbug-size_restricted.g

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 13
13 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I could never ride a camel.  I would just want to feed them and pet them and maybe walk with them like a giant dog.

But if you're riding it, you'd probably be out of range for when they sneeze or spit or whatever it is they do.  It's nasty.

13 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Leah and Luann are roughly 15 years apart, both have fantastic bodies (I’d argue Luann’s body is marginally better, because she has a better bust, but that’s neither here nor there).  Yet Luann looked so fantastic and amazing in her black bikini, and Leah just looked desperate in a flesh colored bikini with the tiniest thong bottom I’ve ever seen with a giant tattoo on her ass.  Just how much attention does she need?  That wasn’t a flattering look. 

I think Luann's body is more than marginally better than Leah's, even comparing them straight up and not taking into account age.  I may have gasped when I saw Luann walking along in that bikini. 

I'm sure she's blessed with good genetics for this sort of thing (always the most important factor), but she obviously works at it, too.  Those abs, especially on someone her age, take work.  She looks fit overall, and yet very natural.  Leah just seems mainly skinny to me, and has a protruding belly. 

I do agree that Leah in her bathing suit looked awful, while Luann in her bathing suit looked sublime.  And if she's playing volleyball, she's not able to consciously suck her stomach in or whatever. 

13 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I'm with the Noodle on this one.  

I'm not sure whether I should be ashamed or proud that I understand this sentence.  But it made me laugh.

10 hours ago, swankie said:

Wasn't Dorinda right behind Leah doing that straddle dance?  I know I saw a shot of her right behind Leah grinding away.  So why didn't Ramona go after her?  I really think that Ramona is jealous of Leah's long, lean body.  I really do. 

I don't think Dorinda's dress had hiked up past her underwear.  Or maybe it did and Ramona decided to just leave it there.  But she did pull down Leah's dress--something I hope never to have to do for an invited guest.

10 hours ago, Bluesky said:

That Is classic alcohol bloat. A lot of alcoholics have skinny arms and legs and this bloated middle.  Not sure that can be sucked away like normal fat. 

I'm pretty sure it's menopot.  I'm also sure that alcohol doesn't help, but she's enjoyed her alcohol for years and didn't look like this.  I think Ramona suddenly hit that point where the pot develops.  She has my condolences.  It's a bitch for anyone, and no doubt especially for someone who was wearing bikinis at a much older age than most people.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Emmeline said:

A diuretic with alcohol would make you really dehydrated.  I don’t know if it would make you act like Sonja?  Sonja did look puffy the next morning.

Did you hear Ramona mention Xanax? I think it was the Xanax and alcohol not the "water pill" and alcohol, Sonja. Not a good idea to take a benzo with alcohol! 

I figured out what is different about Luann in her THS besides her face looking thinner. It looks like she may have gotten cheek implants. I know they are on trend right now for celebrities but she didn't need them. Actually most people don't need them. She looked fabulous in her bikini though. She has a fantastic body, not just for someone her age either. Period. 

Dorinda is insufferable and unwatchable. 

Why does Leah have to use such foul language? I don't get it. I wouldn't want to hear it either, especially at full volume in a crowded restaurant. 

Bravo hires people for their worst traits - and the experience turns them into the worst versions of themselves. Weird business model.

They're like live action caricatures. 

I agree with you but I think that these women don't realize that Dorinda's problem is not that she's a drunk, it is that she's a narcissist.

The two often go together. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
RedInk beat me to it (benzos/alcohol)
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, Rhetorica said:

In Luann's talking head shots, is that a picture if her or her son on the bookcase in back of her?

At first glance, I wondered why Luann had a picture of John Stamos (circa late 1980s) on her bookshelf.  Then I realized it was Luann.  

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, chlban said:

But she does not fit into the group, and she never will. And yes, being friends with someone for decades does mean something. Leah is new to the group, just like she is new to the show. She has made a really bad impression. I detest Leah. She is a  crude, self absorbed drunk. I fully realize that also applies to Sonja and, frankly, I wouldn't care if they fired Sonja as well. But, they really, really need to fire Leah, she is making the best show in the franchise (faint praise, I know) unwatchable.

Hmm. You’re obviously not alone. She’s probably the future of RHONY, though. She’s wildly popular on social media. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Hmm. You’re obviously not alone. She’s probably the future of RHONY, though. She’s wildly popular on social media. 

This is social media too and she is not very popular here. I’ve heard that followers can be purchased on other social media sites and maybe that’s what she has done. She ruins every scene that she is in on RHONY. She needs to go to another show.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Ramona may have irrational reasons for disliking Leah but I don't think she's "jus' jellus" is one of them. When has she said word one about Leah's "long, lean body"? Just because Ramona's short doesn't mean she's jealous of someone who isn't. If, for instance, Ramona has said even one thing about Leah's body - either positively or negatively - then I could understand, but she's not really talked about her body, she's talked about her behavior.

She absolutely has mentioned Leah’s body—when she was crowing about she how she would have needed to make her change if there happened to be men at her birthday party. Then afterwards to Dorinda or someone, she said the party wasn’t meant to celebrate Leah’s body, it was to celebrate Ramona. Let’s be real, calling it jealousy is not a bad thing when it so obviously appears to be that. Ramona was very jealous of Bethenny’s success, for instance. 

18 minutes ago, janiema said:

This is social media too and she is not very popular here. I’ve heard that followers can be purchased on other social media sites and maybe that’s what she has done. She ruins every scene that she is in on RHONY. She needs to go to another show.

Why does she need to? It’s getting tedious seeing Ramona’s lack of storyline year after year. I don’t think Leah needs to buy followers, but even if she did, the point still remains—she’s popular in other corners of the internet. 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 6

Dorinda is a fucking alcoholic.  If she doesn't see that watching this show and her attacking Lu for no reason at all, she'll never get real.

The Sonja diuretic excuse was so stupid.  Nice try, but it doesn't make you a lunatic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
21 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

She absolutely has mentioned Leah’s body—when she was crowing about she how she would have needed to make her change if there happened to be men at her birthday party. Then afterwards to Dorinda or someone, she said the party wasn’t meant to celebrate Leah’s body, it was to celebrate Ramona. Let’s be real, calling it jealousy is not a bad thing when it so obviously appears to be that. Ramona was very jealous of Bethenny’s success, for instance. 

Why does she need to? It’s getting tedious seeing Ramona’s lack of storyline year after year. I don’t think Leah needs to buy followers, but even if she did, the point still remains—she’s popular in other corners of the internet. 

Leah has no story line either other than she is mentally ill. She simply does not fit with this cast and needs to be let go. She is actually boring in her supposed outrageousness.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, janiema said:

Leah has no story line either other than she is mentally ill. She simply does not fit with this cast and needs to be let go. She is actually boring in her supposed outrageousness.

She’s a newbie; she’s establishing her storyline. And no, her mental illness doesn’t define her. That’s exactly why she should be on the show and bring something different, and not be cast aside as simply the nutty young one by a group of aging alcoholics.

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

Commenting on someone when they are exposing their body is NOT IMO commenting on their body. If Ramona made comments on Leah's weight (positively or negatively) or body parts, then yes, I'd agree she has some issues with Leah's "long, lean body."  But saying, "hey, please don't expose your body at my party" or saying that the party wasn't meant to be about Leah's body IMO. It's AGAIN about Leah's behavior.

You clearly dislike Ramona and I mean, fine, there are many things to dislike about her. There are many reasons to find this weird mother/daughter dynamic with Leah off-putting (though I maintain that most of that dynamic is generated by Leah). But what there isn't much evidence of is that Ramona is "jealous" of Leah. I think she's exasperated by her but not "jealous."

There are things I could like about Leah - I don't hate her or even dislike her in the same way that I dislike Dorinda. But I do have a problem with her lack of accountability about her out-of-control behavior and on that, I totally agree with Ramona and truly, there isn't anything you can say to make me believe that Ramona was in the wrong about that particular situation. Unfortunately, I fear that the more she spends time around Dorinda - the master of deflection - the less likely she is to recognize how out-of-control she can be and that will ultimately hurt her. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, janiema said:

Leah, stop hiding your obnoxious, vulgar and crude behavior behind "having fun. It is not fun. Your simulated sex act at Ramona's party was not fun.  Pack your bags and go away. You are not entertaining.

Yep! And her constant vulgar language is not shocking, which I imagine is her intention. It is simply cringe worthy. She has the emotional maturity of a 13-year-old.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think when Ramona gets uptight about the "lewd" talk or actions  is when she is around other people in a more public setting ... like in a setting that was supposed to be "upscale" like her party she doesn't want you Grinding all over everyone and acting a fool or last night at that restaurant that was a family style restaurant who needs to hear you screaming about your "fat pussy"? Leah you are an adult who should know the proper places to not have and to have these kind of conversations .....to scream that you are being held at some other standard  when no other lady was talking about fat pussies esp with other people in ear shot isnt cute ...

She strikes me as the type of person who feels the world should conform to her and not the other way around. If someone were to point that out during one of those situations she would probably tell them something like, "too bad", "you're a prude", "you're crazy", or "they should know".  Only she matters. Her likes, her feelings.

Notice when she has conversations with her daughter.  The kid is a pre-teen and she speaks to her like she is a peer. When she was having that phone conversation with her from Mexico she consulted with her about her hair and then complained about the other women, even referring to them as bitches. Just seemed wrong to me. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Commenting on someone when they are exposing their body is NOT IMO commenting on their body. 

You clearly dislike Ramona

I totally agree with Ramona and truly, there isn't anything you can say to make me believe that Ramona was in the wrong about that particular situation.

We could go in circles but I’m not interested. I like all of the women on this show, otherwise I wouldn’t be watching. I’m baffled by the aggressive tone of this post. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, dosodog said:

For all her faults, Lu is my favorite RHONY.  She bounces back from just about everything and looks pretty damn good.

I think she has the best body across the housewife franchise, hands down.  And it all looks "natural"-- very well proportioned. 

I agree. Like all of them, she has her “issues”, but what I like is that I don’t recall her ever being nasty or rude to another cast mate. Perhaps I’ve forgotten something. Also, when a cast mate is nasty to her, she doesn’t respond with anger or insults. 

• Like 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

The two often go together. 

Not in my experience at all.  I know many narcissists who don't drink and many heavy drinkers who aren't narcissists.  Dorinda is special, because she's both.

Luann looking fantastic goes without saying for me.  She does look fantastic and I'm always saying that.  BUT, I still think that Leah has an amazing body.  Her weird personality doesn't have anything to do with that.  I think she looks great.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Mar said:

Yep! And her constant vulgar language is not shocking, which I imagine is her intention. It is simply cringe worthy. She has the emotional maturity of a 13-year-old.

Didn’t Beth exhibit constant vulgar language? Does Ramona have amazing emotional maturity? This singling out of Leah is so strange to me. Clutching pearls over her behavior when it’s just really more of the same stuff we’ve seen across all the housewives shows.  

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 7

Luanne is winning this season.   Ramona is completely right about Dorinda and Sonja’s drinking, but Ramona’s delivery sucks.  The problem is that with Dorinda, the delivery doesn’t matter.  Ramona’s apologies may be repetitive but I’d take a Ramona apology over Dorinda’s constant attacks and deflections every time.

Further, Dorinda’s concern for  Sonja is utter bullshit.  She didn’t give two fucks about Sonja in past seasons and only cares now because it serves her purpose of her war on Ramona.

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, chewycandy said:
12 minutes ago, Mar said:

Didn’t Beth exhibit constant vulgar language? Does Ramona have amazing emotional maturity? This singling out of Leah is so strange to me. Clutching pearls over her behavior when it’s just really more of the same stuff we’ve seen across the franchises. 

I’m not trying to single her out. I feel the same way about almost all of the housewives In all three of the shows that I watch!

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

We could go in circles but I’m not interested. I like all of the women on this show, otherwise I wouldn’t be watching. I’m baffled by the aggressive tone of this post. 

I don't see the post as aggressive but I agree that going in circles doesn't make sense for either of us, so I am happy to lay the issue to rest. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Mar said:

I’m not trying to single her out. I feel the same way about almost all of the housewives In all three of the shows that I watch!

Ah, gotcha! 😉

2 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't see the post as aggressive but I agree that going in circles doesn't make sense for either of us, so I am happy to lay the issue to rest. 

Thanks. It was the “you can’t make me believe” part that left me like whaa, we’re not forcing our opinions on others here, just batting them back and forth. Appreciate it. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Further, Dorinda’s concern for  Sonja is utter bullshit.  She didn’t give two fucks about Sonja in past seasons and only cares now because it serves her purpose of her war on Ramona.

Yes! Not only did she not care about Sonya in past seasons, but she was on the attack against her for some of those seasons in a very vicious way

• Love 14

image.jpeg.6f3155dcd96b4bae66f4f37feaf49e7f.jpeg
I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this, but when “the pirate” was on Watch What Happens Live yesterday, Andy of course asked him if he and Luanne had had sex on that cast vacation. He said no and went on to talk about what a wonderful person Luanne is. He also said that he did have sex with “that other one” (Sonja)

Edited by Mar
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Mar said:

Also, when a cast mate is nasty to her, she doesn’t respond with anger or insults. 

She was rude and nasty to Alex, but that was because she didn’t respect her and felt Alex was beneath her. Sad. She’s among peers with this group, but I have no idea how she keeps from raging at Dorinda. Does Dorinda really have no idea that she’s hurting Lu’s feelings badly every time she brings up the mug shot and jail? She apologizes the next day and then brings it up again when she feels cornered, and I would have ended the friendship by now if I was Lu—but I’m not on a show with her. Lol 

• Love 7

One reason I’ve always liked NY is due to their capacity to move on.  Dorinda is coming pretty damn close to getting into BH Territory.  She gets fixated on a perceived wrong and when you think an issue is dead, she brings it back to life.   

It also annoys me that Dorinda scares the crap out of these ladies.  It’s gross to see a grown woman behave in this manner and get away with it.  She drags Luanne repeatedly and completely ignores the fact that Luanne’s arrest followed two very public and humiliating divorces.  Is Luanne perfect?  No.  But, she’s gotten her shit together, looks amazing, and has shown a lot of humility.

Ramona wasn’t arrested, but crazy as she is (and that’s never changed in 12 years), she went thru a humiliating/public divorce and has come out okay.  Dorinda’s husband died.  It’s tragic.  But he left her well off, she wasn’t publicly humiliated, and she seems to have a nice family around her.  The fact that she can’t show an ounce of empathy for others (unless it suits her own agenda) is messed up.

Bethenny was the only one not afraid of Dorinda.  And yes Bethenny can be crude and obnoxious (I love her), it would be cool to see how she’d address Leah and Dorinda.  I don’t hate Leah, but there is such a huge divide between where she is in her life vs. the others that it’s hard to believe she’d ever have any association with these woman. 

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 20
37 minutes ago, Mar said:

Actually, from the little bits of what we've seen of Leah's daughter, I think Kiki is more mature than her mother, and is around that age!

• Love 14
17 hours ago, Emmeline said:

A diuretic with alcohol would make you really dehydrated.  I don’t know if it would make you act like Sonja?  Sonja did look puffy the next morning.

Also...there's a reason her physician put her on a diuretic. Could be for high blood pressure or some other pulmonary issue. If her doctor prescibed them then she needs to take them. Post menopause can wreak havoc on a woman's heart and blood pressure. They don't interact with alcohol. She's a moron...just looking for a reason to get drunk every day. I've been on them for five years and have never been told they interact with alcohol. If anything, excessive alcohol consumption will do more damage to her then taking a water pill.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think when Ramona gets uptight about the "lewd" talk or actions  is when she is around other people in a more public setting ... like in a setting that was supposed to be "upscale" like her party she doesn't want you Grinding all over everyone and acting a fool or last night at that restaurant that was a family style restaurant who needs to hear you screaming about your "fat pussy"? Leah you are an adult who should know the proper places to not have and to have these kind of conversations .....to scream that you are being held at some other standard  when no other lady was talking about fat pussies esp with other people in ear shot isnt cute ...

This 100%, especially at the restaurant in Cancun.  They did show a few kids on camera.  Actually Dorinda’s boob get up was also inappropriate for kids. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Totally agree with you...Leah acts like a drunk 20 year old at a Bachelorette party in Vegas. Acting like this in public, at a family restaurant or at a more demure birthday party is inapproriate and immature. Her lack of insight into her behavior and denial of doing anything obnoxious or socially awkward or embarrassing and not owning one bit of it is indicative of someone who refuses to be accountable and is wrapped up in her own narcissism. Ramona isn't wrong to be upset about Leah's and Sonja's behavior at her party but she approaches them about it in a very apologetic sort of way. Leah wants to shock and be "street"...great, but there is a time and place for that. For someone in her 30's she certainly acts like a rebellious 15 year old...Ramona should just say hey, Leah, you want to grind on people, use language that is inappropriate in public...save it for the get togethers at our homes. Also, I am always appalled at the behavior of ALL these women when they go to these upscale destination places and say and do things in front of the service people that they NEVER apologize for. And Ramona parading around with those huge balloons popping out of her bathing suit was just gross. Lu Ann on the other hand looked great in her bikini...she's in great physical shape.

12 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

This 100%, especially at the restaurant in Cancun.  They did show a few kids on camera.  Actually Dorinda’s boob get up was also inappropriate for kids. 

And don't forget the motor boating on Dorinda's fake boob get up...

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Leah wants to shock and be "street"...great, but there is a time and place for that. For someone in her 30's she certainly acts like a rebellious 15 year old...

I agree with everything you said!  Leah needs to learn that when Ramona walks away from her, don't go chasing her down!! Just let her go!  Ramona will come back to the group when she's ready.   I didn't understand what Leah's point was about "turtle time."  I always thought it meant that it was time to party, and like others have mentioned, it was the name of a restaurant or bar.  There was nothing lewd about it.  

Leah seems to have some sort of weird need to make a spectacle out of herself while out in public.  I think the same can be said about Dorinda.  Last night's episode was a real eye-opener for me in terms of seeing Dorinda turn an innocent conversation completely around on someone.  She's always done it, but when LuAnn gave us the play-by-play of it in her THs, then it really hit home with me just how often she does it.  I think of this scene in the movie 'The Terminator' when it comes to Dorinda:  The Terminator

"That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."  🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Mar said:

image.jpeg.6f3155dcd96b4bae66f4f37feaf49e7f.jpeg
I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this, but when “the pirate” was on Watch What Happens Live yesterday, Andy of course asked him if he and Luanne had had sex on that cast vacation. He said no and went on to talk about what a wonderful person Luanne is. He also said that he did have sex with “that another one

I found it fascinating that Luanne was on with Andy for WWHL, celebrating the anniversary of RHONY.  And they added The Countess and Friends to the opening.  Brought back Jill, Kelly, Kristen, Cindy and I think Heather.

It was almost a Countessapoolza.

I think Ramona's head may have exploded.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I agree with everything you said!  Leah needs to learn that when Ramona walks away from her, don't go chasing her down!! Just let her go!  Ramona will come back to the group when she's ready.   I didn't understand what Leah's point was about "turtle time."  I always thought it meant that it was time to party, and like others have mentioned, it was the name of a restaurant or bar.  There was nothing lewd about it.  

Leah seems to have some sort of weird need to make a spectacle out of herself while out in public.  I think the same can be said about Dorinda.  Last night's episode was a real eye-opener for me in terms of seeing Dorinda turn an innocent conversation completely around on someone.  She's always done it, but when LuAnn gave us the play-by-play of it in her THs, then it really hit home with me just how often she does it.  I think of this scene in the movie 'The Terminator' when it comes to Dorinda:  The Terminator

"That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."  🙂

Dorinda is need of some serious rehab and therapy....she is an angry drunk...funny thing is, even when she's not drunk she's still a bully and mean spirited. She should be fired...another season of this will be torturous for everyone.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I found it fascinating that Luanne was on with Andy for WWHL, celebrating the anniversary of RHONY.  And they added The Countess and Friends to the opening.  Brought back Jill, Kelly, Kristen, Cindy and I think Heather.

I know, right?!  Technically, Ramona is the true OG because Luanne was a friend of one season.  Ramona has been full time, for every season.  Ramona, Lu, Bethenny, Jill and Alex were the originals, but the Ramona-coaster has never missed a season like Lu or Bethenny.

Also, I think there are some similarities between Ramona and Icky Vicki G.  They were both long time OGs, both are the eldest of their shows and closest in age, they like to have fun but don’t like it when things go too far, especially with sex talk, in a public setting.  They both love their crazy, wild buddies...Sonja/Tamra, appreciate their wackiness, but are much more reserved about sex talk.  I LOVE that Ramona and Lu are both still there.  I don’t like Jill, but think it would be an interesting dynamic if she was back on while Dorinda is now there.  They’ve been sniping at each other on social media.  

• Love 13

2 HOURS AGO, MAR SAID:

Agreed ! I was really aghast that the WWHL show last night, celebrating the 200th episode of the series, only featured LuAnn of the current cast. Something was very "off" there. No reason at all not to have  the other 4 on as everyone is at home, and can easily appear via remote. It was like the LuAnn Show, or the RHof NYC starring only LuAnn. 

I will bet Dorinda, Ramona, and Sonja will not be happy. Of all former cast members, only Bethenny, Carole, Tinsley, and Alex did not make a cameo appearance. Actually, Beth, Carole, Tinsley all hate each other now. They even dragged back the unmemorable one-season and done, Cindy Barshop.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

2 HOURS AGO, MAR SAID:

Agreed ! I was really aghast that the WWHL show last night, celebrating the 200th episode of the series, only featured LuAnn of the current cast. Something was very "off" there. No reason at all not to have  the other 4 on as everyone is at home, and can easily appear via remote. It was like the LuAnn Show, or the RHof NYC starring only LuAnn. 

I will bet Dorinda, Ramona, and Sonja will not be happy. Of all former cast members, only Bethenny, Carole, Tinsley, and Alex did not make a cameo appearance. Actually, Beth, Carole, Tinsley all hate each other now. They even dragged back the unmemorable one-season and done, Cindy Barshop.

Jules and Aviva were on?

I feel like Andy really favors Luann. We’ve grown so used to the dynamics of this cast; Leah brings something different, and I do wonder if she and Lu are the future of the cast. They both pick up randoms in next week’s episode. 

• Love 2
On 8/7/2020 at 11:12 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

I agree. 2020 really is a strange one because in all of my years watching this show, I never thought I would defend Ramona. That's one of Leah's problems. She doesn't know that there's a time and a place for everything. Turn up when you're on vacation with your girls, OK, but when you're at a semi-formal event? No. Even the vacation turn up can be too much if you end up being super drunk and embarrassing like Sonja. Best vacation turn up was Luann gracefully falling in the bushes. 

As shitty as it is, this is probably why Leah's mother keeps her at arms length. The same gaslighting, "tell me what I did wrong" shit that she's pulling with Ramona is what she must've done to her parents. She knows exactly why Ramona's upset, but she'll turn it around to make Ramona look crazy. I have to hand it to Leah, getting Ramona to apologize to her when it should've been the other way around was masterful. No wonder she gets along so well with Dorinda. 

Camel riding looks fun. Once the world reopens, it's something I'd like to try. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 12

These women are aged 37-63. There is no excuse for their ignorance in thinking a vagina can be seen without spread legs and a speculum.  Have they never heard of labia or vulva?  Know your damn parts, ladies!

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
40 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Jules and Aviva were on?

I feel like Andy really favors Luann. We’ve grown so used to the dynamics of this cast; Leah brings something different, and I do wonder if she and Lu are the future of the cast. They both pick up randoms in next week’s episode. 

Ooops ! You are correct. I forgot them. No they were not on. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Leah seems to have some sort of weird need to make a spectacle out of herself while out in public.  I think the same can be said about Dorinda. 

Can someone explain why it was necessary for Dorinda to dress up in that Little Edie getup in order to celebrate Sonja's birthday?  I can somewhat understand why Luann gussied it up because she came out singing.  But Dorinda? 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Can someone explain why it was necessary for Dorinda to dress up in that Little Edie getup in order to celebrate Sonja's birthday?  I can somewhat understand why Luann gussied it up because she came out singing.  But Dorinda? 

Because it is all about Dorinda even when it’s not.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

On a totally separate note: I realized today that Dorinda never talks about anything beyond her coworkers, Bluestone Manor, or Richard. Like we don't hear about her professional career or any hobbies she might have or any philanthropic work she might do.  All of the other women have some other thing going on - Lu's cabaret is obvious but both Ramona and Sonja talk about their businesses, for all that Sonja's is kind of a charlatan. And Leah actually does have her own business. But for Dorinda? Nothing. It's clear that the show is her whole life and if I didn't find her such a loathsome narcissist, I would say that is rather sad. 

I think that maybe her daughter Hannah was her whole life - or at least took up a large part of it, especially after her husband died.   John was a good diversion and she probably used Hannah as the reason they never took it beyond the friends with benefits thing.   Dorinda isn't the first privileged woman who was lost after her only child left the nest and being a widow didn't help - lots of time to fill with sparsely attended pity parties and booze.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Dorinda isn't the first privileged woman who was lost after her only child left the nest and being a widow didn't help - lots of time to fill with sparsely attended pity parties and booze. 

I imagine that along with the loss of Richard she also lost entrance to the privileged world she enjoyed through him and his career.  I wonder how many, if any of those she met, entertained, and socialized with during that marriage are still within her orbit today. Entering is a transition, if forced to exit probably harder.

• Love 10