Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E17: Back on the Hump

• Start Topic

The chaos in Cancun continues; Luann confronts Dorinda about her anger, while Ramona tries to forgive Leah for her behavior; Dorinda organizes camel rides and lunch on the beach for some bonding before they celebrate Sonja's birthday.

Airs August 6, 2020.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Leah, pick up the warning signs. As a narcissist, she's going to buddy up to you and be your best friend right now but eventually she will turn on you and use whatever weaknesses you have against you. 

She's such a narcissist, she can't even hear a person explain what a third person's criticism of her without attacking the messenger. What a vile, loathsome human being she is. 

I was thinking the same thing. It's going to be ugly when Dorinda turns on Leah.

• Love 21

Leah has a fixation with the word “disgusting.”  She seems to think if she says it enough, it nullifies her inexcusable behavior.  

Why does Dorinda get so sensitive when someone says she’s drunk?  Dorinda is always drunk; she’s on vacation, so what?  It’s hilarious how Dorinda keeps trying to spin the ‘drunk’ thing back on Ramona.  How’s that working for you, Doris?

Oh, Dorinda, I feel so sorry for you that someone told the truth about your drinking to your face...again.  And there’s no mugshot for Dorinda to sling Ramona’s way either.  

Dorinda, have you read How To Win Friends And Influence People yet?  Usually it’s advised not to bring up someone else’s mugshot when you’re trying to get them to agree that you’re not drunk.  

I love Leah waxing philosophical about what would happen if “[her] friend of many years” said something offensive to her.  Funny, there’s no evidence that Leah has friends of any number of years.  But then again, she’s never been married or been in the mob, and she somehow made a business out of that, so why am I just wondering now why she’s a book of contradictions.  

I’m not a huge fan of Lu letting the F bombs fly.  She didn’t curse for so long, then she started cursing a little bit and I never got used to it, because if she was nothing else, she was elegant, and now that everything is “fucking” this and “fucking” that, it sounds horrible on her.  Some people, like Dorinda and Bethenny, can let the curses fly and it works for them, just like some people look good in hats.  Cursing doesn’t sound good on Luann.  If she wants to do it until the cows come home, it’s no skin off my nose though.  

Leah is such an insecure asshole.  She wasn’t the least drunk that night—she and Ramona were equally not drunk.  Who cares who is drunk and who is sober on a vacation in a private home, unless the person in question is causing damage to themselves or others?  (Actually, usually that’s a rhetorical question, but with Leah and Sonja, they make a pattern of getting drunk and wreaking havoc).  

Next time I act like an asshole, I’m going to blame it on my “water pill.”  Thanks for the tip, Sonj.  

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Emmeline said:

A diuretic with alcohol would make you really dehydrated.  I don’t know if it would make you act like Sonja?  Sonja did look puffy the next morning.

She did look kind of chubby like her 🐈.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

"Feelings aren't facts." Okay, but the facts are, Leah, you acted like a real fool at Ramona's party and she actually has every right to be angry about your behavior at the party. 

Is Sonja included in this foolish behavior too?

Missing Beth right now-she would have a joke about Ramona’s chest for sure. Lol 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

Sonja threw her water pill in the garbage? So she’s choosing drinking over her health. Her daughter or someone needs to do an intervention. 

Maybe all the RHONY viewers on a huge Zoom call? 
Even that may not work.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Is Sonja included in this foolish behavior too?

Missing Beth right now-she would have a joke about Ramona’s chest for sure. Lol 

Personally, I would say yes but Ramona did actually talk to her about it. And regardless, Sonja acting like a drunken idiot doesn't somehow absolve Leah of bad behavior. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I think those stone rollers are such a rip-off.  

I have one just like Leah’s - it vibrates- and I use it for headaches.  I use it to massage the temples and jaw muscles (the headaches are mostly due to my teeth-grinding while I sleep.)  But yeah the intended use is just dumb.

7 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

They tip toe around her because they've seen she will relentlessly attack a person viciously and none of them want to be subjected to her cruelty. It's pretty understandable even if it isn't particularly admirable. 

I get it - I have a sibling who makes Dorinda look like Mother Theresa.  I understand that they have to be around her for filming, but the best way to diffuse a toxic narcissist is to walk away when they try to pull you into a fight.  Sad thing is, the toxic person never realizes that they are to blame for driving everyone away.  They’ll just find their next victim, and the next, etc.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Personally, I would say yes but Ramona did actually talk to her about it. And regardless, Sonja acting like a drunken idiot doesn't somehow absolve Leah of bad behavior. 

The “drunken idiot” could have injured someone, but a little sexy dancing is the major offense here, it seems. 

• Love 5

When these ladies try to be funny- for example Luann joking about riding the camel feeling good and Dorinda saying some of the beasts she's ridden she's married- they are not funny. It's embarrassing!

• Love 14
Just now, chewycandy said:

The “drunken idiot” could have injured someone, but a little sexy dancing is the major offense here, it seems. 

You seem to think that I am defending Sonja. I'm not. Sonja also acted like a drunken fool, and yes, she apparently got herself and others injured. Ramona would have been well within her rights to read her the riot act up and down. Apparently she doesn't want to do that.

What does that have to do with Leah grinding and acting in an explicit manner again? It's possible to not engage in "what aboutism" and think that they both acted badly. 

• Love 9
Just now, Kiki777 said:

I have one just like Leah’s - it vibrates- and I use it for headaches.  I use it to massage the temples and jaw muscles (the headaches are mostly due to my teeth-grinding while I sleep.)  But yeah the intended use is just dumb.

I never thought of using it for headaches.  I have also been grinding my teeth at night and having headaches.  Everything going on in the country is giving me anxiety.  Thanks for that tip.  I’ll have to try the vibrating variety.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Emmeline said:

I never thought of using it for headaches.  I have also been grinding my teeth at night and having headaches.  Everything going on in the country is giving me anxiety.  Thanks for that tip.  I’ll have to try the vibrating variety.

Also see your dentist though about getting a night guard - they really help.  My headaches occur when I skip the night guard too many times.

Sonja’s diuretic excuse does not hold water (heh).  She’ll be messy drunk again before long.

• LOL 5
  • Love 13