Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E17: Back on the Hump

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the diuretic she is on is not Dr. prescribed and is one of those over the counter pills to help with period bloat.  The way Ramona responded to her like "you don't need those. you look great" makes me think Sonja is abusing those to lose water weight.  

Unless she was just overly dehydrated, the diuretics aren't responsible for her behavior when drinking.  And if she were that dehydrated, she would have had a raging headache and likely would be vomited from that.  

I don't believe Sonja is doing anything more but acting.  Is she drunk?  Probably.  Is she overplaying that?  Absolutely.   I used to love Sonja.  The season of the fight with Aviva with Ramona was my favorite of her.  She was charming then.  

Like others, I like how Lu bounces back.  I've always thought she had a great sense of humor, and when she was that haughty countess, I heard that was pretty much the act and she was a lot of fun to be around.  I like that she's had drinks but she isn't going back to her old self.  Dorinda shoving the arrest in her face, yet again, was disturbing.   For Lu, that was an aberration.  For Dorinda, her drunken belligerence can't even be hidden when she's having dinner with philanthropists.  

And I know I'm in the minority, but I like Leah.  I didn't like her throwing torches episode, but I generally like her. I think she has some great talking heads.   I liked that she told Dorinda she was wrong about what Lu said.

Yeah...Sonja is becoming a meme. She's a "broad" who gets drunk, slurs her words, falls down, disparages her fellow castmates with insults and accusations and sexually harasses strangers... It's really quite sad and I feel badly for her family and especially her daughter.

• Love 12
52 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

The character's name was "Susan Sharon", who sold wholesale cashmere (as did Dorinda, back then).

On the show, Susan Sharon's husband was horribly rude, and they fought all the time, as was apparently the case in Dorinda's first marriage.

Great episode, and apparently a very realistic representation of Dorinda pre-Richard.

Thank you!!

And you too Ms Blue Jay!

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, ichbin said:

https://www.etonline.com/news/170270_hillary_clinton_is_a_fan_of_real_housewives_of_new_york

"I hear that you heard from Hillary Clinton about the show?" Andy asked Dorinda.

"Yes, can you believe that?" Dorinda replied. "‘Cause Richard used to work on his campaign so I got a call from one of the people who work on it and they said, ‘You know I just want to tell you that Hillary really enjoys you on the show'…I didn't even know what to say."

Doesn't sound too close.  

https://toofab.com/2017/08/08/rhony-dorinda-medley-on-hanging-with-pal-hillary-clinton-at-star-studded-ny-wedding-exclusive/

Here they were both attending a wedding a few years ago.  Open it to see Dorinda's dress...she has one hell of a nerve making any cracks about Ramona and her breasts if this is what she decided to wear to a formal occasion off camera.  

Dorinda's dress looks two sizes too small for her.  The boobs look squished and unnatural, and from what we see of the dress, it's a mess of stretch wrinkles.  Dorinda's clothing choices on the show make me believe the dress is 10 or more years old.  I get the impression she chooses to wear the expensive things in her closet that she could only afford when she was married to Richard and subscribes to the mistaken belief that if she spent a fortune on it, its style is timeless.  I'd bet money she's pounds heavier than she was when she bought that dress, but because she was able to get it zipped . . . .

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

So who are the people here that, like me, like Leah?

It’s you and me, kid.

Just kidding...there’s got to be a few more (I’m hoping). 
RHONY needs a shake up and I like the addition of her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, chewycandy said:

It’s you and me, kid.

Just kidding...there’s got to be a few more (I’m hoping). 
RHONY needs a shake up and I like the addition of her. 

I think she gives the best talking heads!  And she seems to have a sense of humor about herself.

• Love 5
Just now, Boo Boo said:

I think she gives the best talking heads!  And she seems to have a sense of humor about herself.

Agreed.
I’m also here for the pizza-looking get up, with the gloves. It makes me smile. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Agreed.
I’m also here for the pizza-looking get up, with the gloves. It makes me smile. 

I'm also struggling to figure out why she doesn't fit in.  Other than being more youthful than them and maybe not as wealthy as some, she fits in to me.  I'm old, but I want to see some youth mixed in.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 4
On 8/7/2020 at 1:06 AM, swankie said:

Wasn't Dorinda right behind Leah doing that straddle dance?  I know I saw a shot of her right behind Leah grinding away.  So why didn't Ramona go after her?  I really think that Ramona is jealous of Leah's long, lean body.  I really do. 

Yes, yes she was. But only Leah is the bad one.

Ramona is being her usual bitchy self.  She needs to stop drinking.  Her stomach is huge.  

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm also struggling to figure out why she doesn't fit in.  Other than being youthful from them and maybe not as wealthy as some, she fits in to me.  I'm old, but I want to see some youth mixed in.  

To me, Leah is trying too hard.  There is a reality show playbook today that says if you aren't interesting and outrageous, you're gone. Leah wants to secure her spot for next season, so she jumped on the hot mess express. 

I think Dorinda is in a lot of pain and she's trying to drink it away.  Is she an alcoholic?  Only time will tell.  Right now, she's a very heavy drinker.  I think Dorinda hates that she's not where she thought she'd be at her age.  I think that's why she went after Tinsley.  Tinsley is in the beginning of it all, engaged, going to be married, have a family, etc. 

When you're older you know that eventually it will end.  Dorinda is a widow, she knows that if you live long enough, you see that nothing lasts.  That's true.  I thought it was cruel for Dorinda to bully Tinsley, let the woman have her time, because it's not going to last. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

I think Ramona was very cute before the implants

I agree - she was proportional, trim, and athletic. She top-heavied a good figure with those insane implants.

ramona.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Like 1
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, film noire said:

I agree - she was proportional, trim, and athletic.

ramona.jpg

I agree.  She didn't need the implants.  The implants make her look fat!  and she isn't.

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Thank you!!

And you too Ms Blue Jay!

No worries, we love gossiping about this Dorinda factoid every few episodes.  A lot of us are fans of both shows so it's pretty exciting.

6 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I agree.  She didn't need the implants.  The implants make her look fat!  and she isn't.

I understand the "desire" for implants after the divorce.  I think she just got them too big.  (I can't believe I'm saying this, as the most anti plastic surgery person ever.)

But yeah, I always think Ramona looks pretty damn good.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm also struggling to figure out why she doesn't fit in.  Other than being more youthful than them and maybe not as wealthy as some, she fits in to me.  I'm old, but I want to see some youth mixed in.  

She can't just let go and enjoy the moment.  She's too on guard.  She has too much anger --- see Ramona's Hamptons party.  She got drunk and then super angry.  It's like she has the wrong energy for this group.

Even Bethenny would let go and enjoy the moment - remember that party in the Bluestone Manor (basement?) where they were all dancing on pool tables and Bethenny put it all on Instagram?  I can't imagine Leah letting go with them like that.  She's too insecure around these women or something.  

Age is part of the issue, but it's something else.  Tinsley was able to party with these women.  Jules didn't really "party" with them but she didn't really change the energy of the group in a bad way the way Leah does.  It's like Leah always reads the room wrong and then goes sideways.  It's almost impressive how she does it.  

With another group, on another show, maybe Leah would be totally fine and "fit in".

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

No worries, we love gossiping about this Dorinda factoid every few episodes.  A lot of us are fans of both shows so it's pretty exciting.

I understand the "desire" for implants after the divorce.  I think she just got them too big.  (I can't believe I'm saying this, as the most anti plastic surgery person ever.)

But yeah, I always think Ramona looks pretty damn good.  

I have a soft spot for Ramona.  I can't help it.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

Dorinda's dress looks two sizes too small for her.  The boobs look squished and unnatural, and from what we see of the dress, it's a mess of stretch wrinkles.  Dorinda's clothing choices on the show make me believe the dress is 10 or more years old.  I get the impression she chooses to wear the expensive things in her closet that she could only afford when she was married to Richard and subscribes to the mistaken belief that if she spent a fortune on it, its style is timeless.  I'd bet money she's pounds heavier than she was when she bought that dress, but because she was able to get it zipped . . . .

As the inimitable late Joan Rivers used to say....

"Just because it zips, doesn't mean it fits!"  🙂

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

I will never understand why some “didn’t get the memo” on Proper wedding attire!  I agree, a wedding is not the time to parade your chest!  You should always opt for demure at a wedding.  All eyes need to be on the couple!! 

Hillary looks horrible there for some reason, like maybe she was not well.   Dorinda looks like she is testing out a new victoria secret miracle bra, which is just a padded pushup that does what it says.  Dorinda's jewelry choices look like costume stuff a teen would enjoy and it does not do the dress justice.  She should have borrowed Hilary's diamond necklace that is hardly visible on that dress which needs pearls or aqua marine to enhance it.  Both women look like they need stylists IMO.

https://toofab.com/2017/08/08/rhony-dorinda-medley-on-hanging-with-pal-hillary-clinton-at-star-studded-ny-wedding-exclusive/

Edited by tranquilidade
added link to pic
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I think Dorinda is in a lot of pain and she's trying to drink it away.  Is she an alcoholic?  Only time will tell.  Right now, she's a very heavy drinker.  I think Dorinda hates that she's not where she thought she'd be at her age.  I think that's why she went after Tinsley.  Tinsley is in the beginning of it all, engaged, going to be married, have a family, etc. 

Considering her age though, I would suspect that hormones could possibly be playing into her behavior and emotions.  I wouldn't write off menopause as being a potentially contributing factor. It can affect people both mentally as well as physically.  I remember my mother during that time in her life. There was a marked change.  She settled down again but was definitely not her usual self for awhile.  They don't call it "the change" for nothing.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ichbin said:

Considering her age though, I would suspect that hormones could possibly be playing into her behavior and emotions.  I wouldn't write off menopause as being a potentially contributing factor. It can affect people both mentally as well as physically.  I remember my mother during that time in her life. There was a marked change.  She settled down again but was definitely not her usual self for awhile.  They don't call it "the change" for nothing.

Maybe, but I think a lot of shit gets put on menopause that has nothing to do with menopause, and this is from someone who's going through, or has been through it. 

• Love 10
21 hours ago, ichbin said:

She was pretty nasty to Alex.

She wasn't nasty to Alex, she was dismissive, and IMHO Alex started it by continually inserting herself into other peoples' arguments. Luann just told her butt out & refused to engage in Alex's made-up drama.

4 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

So who are the people here that, like me, like Leah?

I don't mind her.  I agree that she's trying a bit too hard at times but I appreciate her perspective on the other women and think that she adds something to the group.  

Edited by snarts
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

sorry. i think she doesn't have a sense of humor at all, and least about herself.  besides that i can't stand her fake nails!!!!!  that was one thing i liked about nyhw, they didn't have fake nails like the other franchises .  fake nails creeps me out.

sheana shay grosses me out with her fake nails.  no way do i want to be served food by someone with inch long nails, ew..........

• Love 5
1 hour ago, snarts said:

She wasn't nasty to Alex, she was dismissive, and IMHO Alex started it by continually inserting herself into other peoples' arguments. Luann just told her butt out & refused to engage in Alex's made-up drama.

I don't mind her.  I agree that she's trying a bit too hard at times but I appreciate her perspective on the other women and think that she adds something to the group.  

lu inserted herself into jill's and bethenny's situation.  alex was calling lu out for that

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

In the early years, Lu was very condescending, and could be nasty-ish.  She was full blown Countess then though.  Life knocked that title right off of her, and now we have the fabulous Lu.  🥂

Luann was very aggressively nasty when Bethany came back. She actively tried to get the other ladies to not film with Bethany. Lu was and will always be an entitled bitch.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe, but I think a lot of shit gets put on menopause that has nothing to do with menopause, and this is from someone who's going through, or has been through it. 

thank you!!! i've been saying that since she was labeled thus.  it's like men saying "oh, she's on her period" when they don't want deal with or hear what a women is saying.  as women, we shouldn't be part of that degrading culture!!!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, essexjan said:

But, OMG, that scene at the restaurant. The mortified expressions on the faces of the families trying to enjoy dinner with their children when  the 'cabaret' began said it all. I hope they got their meals comped by production.

With no knowledge of it, I operate under the assumption that the periphery is filled with folks who are informed that filming will be taking place, and the general nature of it/them.  That said, anyone who had ever seen the show wouldn't or shouldn't have stayed if they had young kids with them.  My opinion.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

The character's name was "Susan Sharon", who sold wholesale cashmere (as did Dorinda, back then).

On the show, Susan Sharon's husband was horribly rude, and they fought all the time, as was apparently the case in Dorinda's first marriage.

Great episode, and apparently a very realistic representation of Dorinda pre-Richard.

Played by Molly Price, if that helps.

s.jpg

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

With no knowledge of it, I operate under the assumption that the periphery is filled with folks who are informed that filming will be taking place, and the general nature of it/them.  That said, anyone who had ever seen the show wouldn't or shouldn't have stayed if they had young kids with them. 

They were in another country though.  Those people probably didn't have a clue as to who they were.  

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

thank you!!! i've been saying that since she was labeled thus.  it's like men saying "oh, she's on her period" when they don't want deal with or hear what a women is saying.  as women, we shouldn't be part of that degrading culture!!!

To suggest that the hormonal changes during menopause cannot possibly be a contributing factor if someone going through it is displaying a change in emotions or behavior is essentially ignoring science. Hormone replacement therapies aren't just for hot flashes. We don't know if this is or is not a reason for Dorinda's actions, but it could certainly be within the realm of possibility.  It would be doing women a disservice not to consider the possibility. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, ichbin said:

To suggest that the hormonal changes during menopause cannot possibly be a contributing factor if someone going through it is displaying a change in emotions or behavior is essentially ignoring science. Hormone replacement therapies aren't just for hot flashes. We don't know if this is or is not a reason for Dorinda's actions, but it could certainly be within the realm of possibility.  It would be doing women a disservice not to consider the possibility. 

it's a disservice to label as such

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

She can't just let go and enjoy the moment.  She's too on guard.  She has too much anger --- see Ramona's Hamptons party.  She got drunk and then super angry.  It's like she has the wrong energy for this group.

Even Bethenny would let go and enjoy the moment - remember that party in the Bluestone Manor (basement?) where they were all dancing on pool tables and Bethenny put it all on Instagram?  I can't imagine Leah letting go with them like that.  She's too insecure around these women or something.  

Age is part of the issue, but it's something else.  Tinsley was able to party with these women.  Jules didn't really "party" with them but she didn't really change the energy of the group in a bad way the way Leah does.  It's like Leah always reads the room wrong and then goes sideways.  It's almost impressive how she does it.  

With another group, on another show, maybe Leah would be totally fine and "fit in".

You are so right about Leah getting drunk and then the anger comes out.  At Ramona's Hamptons house Leah got crazy drunk and started tearing up the back yard throwing torches around screaming and basically was out of control. At the beautiful dinner in Newport she acted the same way drunk and crazy tearing up the flowers on the table and attempting to rip off the curtains around the table.  Leah acting out at the birthday party grinding on Lu and sliding her dress up over her ass and screaming like a lunatic. I'm sorry none of this is charming or funny or showing anything positive about her.  She doesn't know when enough is enough.  Maybe this is why Dorinda has such a soft spot for her. Two peas in a pod. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
46 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

it's a disservice to label as such

I don't think anybody is trying to label her, but rather to offer one possible explanation for her emotions instead of just saying Dorinda's a bitch.  If she came out and said that she struggled with x, y & z, then I could be more sympathetic for her, but as of now, she's just so mean and rude to people.  She wasn't always this bad.  Whether she's still mourning Richard, or having issues with alcohol, or possibly going through something medically, she seems to be getting worse.  I don't know what her problem is, but she really needs some help.  

Speaking of menopause, for some women it's hell; for others it's not so bad.  I'm happy for those who breeze right through it!  😉  

• Love 5

Dorinda is revolting. Horrible and very abusive, then she is so fun, cheeky and vivacious and charming at the dinner. Its so confusing. Leah is like a toddler that's learnt a rude word and wants to get a rise out of its parents by constantly saying it , bum bum pu$$y, vag etc. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I agree with you 100% on hormonal aspect of menopause.  For me, I had this intense sexual desire (boyfriend was happy about that) also very emotional.  For me, emotional before menopause was just weepy but during the early stage of menopause, I had a couple of incidences where I was very hostile.  Now I'm back to normal emotionally and unfortunately that intense sexual desire has left me.  

I don't think this is what is going on with Dorinda though.  She's 55 and likely already through it already and her hormones settled.  I think what we're seeing is her being in the throes of alcohol addiction.  She could hide it before, but now it's impacting her every day.  Her defensiveness tells me she knows deep down she has a problem but doesn't want to quit.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ladypoodle said:

Dorinda is revolting. Horrible and very abusive, then she is so fun, cheeky and vivacious and charming at the dinner. Its so confusing. Leah is like a toddler that's learnt a rude word and wants to get a rise out of its parents by constantly saying it , bum bum pu$$y, vag etc. 

Seriously.  It's the fact that people (Ramona) tell her NOT to do something, so she revels in doing it.  That's how children act.  You don't have to love Ramona, but it IS kind of your job to get along with her SOMEWHAT.  She purposely does things that Ramona hates.

I kind of think Ramona is due some respect.  It's season freaking 12 and Ramona is the one who's been around for 12 seasons.  You don't have to kiss her ass, but my goodness, that was her birthday party.  I just don't get it.  I don't get where Leah thinks this behaviour is going to get her.  I hope it's not firing Ramona in preference to Leah because that would purely be ageism, IMO.

Firing Dorinda would be something else, because Dorinda's abusive and has a major drinking problem.  Everything Ramona said this episode (or was it last?  whatever) was pretty spot on.  And Dorinda, compared to Ramona, is still relatively "new" to this show.  I wouldn't blink if they cut her.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I kind of think Ramona is due some respect.  It's season freaking 12 and Ramona is the one who's been around for 12 seasons.  You don't have to kiss her ass, but my goodness, that was her birthday party.  I just don't get it.  I don't get where Leah thinks this behaviour is going to get her.  I hope it's not firing Ramona in preference to Leah because that would purely be ageism, IMO.

Firing Dorinda would be something else, because Dorinda's abusive and has a major drinking problem.  Everything Ramona said this episode (or was it last?  whatever) was pretty spot on.  And Dorinda, compared to Ramona, is still relatively "new" to this show.  I wouldn't blink if they cut her.  

I don’t think Ramona needs to be respected purely because she’s an OG, especially considering she has not changed in those twelve seasons. She’s still entitled, rude, and crazy. Her desperate bid to find a man is tedious. She’s resting on her laurels and thinks she’s queen, like OC Vicki did. I love that Leah is challenging her. 

Sonja’s schtick is getting old too, although I think she’s more charming than Mona, and I’d worry for her if she were let go. 

• Love 7

I like Leah because, even though she’s trying too hard, she’s different. I never saw anyone react to tiki torches like that before.

I like that she’s throwing Ramona off balance.

I like her daughter.

I hate the nails. She should calm down with the hand motions and gesturing. She is very fidgety. I am, too. Maybe that’s why I hate when she flails around. I mentioned that, on WWHL, she would NOT stop yanking on her hair.

I am interested to see how she handles Dorinda when it’s her turn to be the target. She might just handle it well. I can’t see her backing down.

I’m intrigued that Rob seems to provide good parenting, strong enough to compensate for what Leah is doing. 

• Love 4

Her desperate bid to find a man is tedious.

I'll take Moaner's hapless dating over Leah accusing Michael Che of being a racist, just because he didn't want anything to do with her messy ass.  That is some low fucking shit to pull.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I thought Lu’s outfit while singing Happy Birthday was weird and random. And Dorinda’s turban and silicone breast performance also seemed random. 

Those costumes were supposed to be entertaining, Sonja was supposed to giggle at the fact that her friends were goofy and wild but all I thought was it took away attention from Sonja, wasn't Sonja upset that she did not get a birthday mention or share in Ramona's party, so now she has two friends that are stealing the spot light during her birthday surprise.  Also, Dorinda and Lu looked like idiots, those kids faces said it all.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Those costumes were supposed to be entertaining, Sonja was supposed to giggle at the fact that her friends were goofy and wild but all I thought was it took away attention from Sonja, wasn't Sonja upset that she did not get a birthday mention or share in Ramona's party, so now she has two friends that are stealing the spot light during her birthday surprise.  Also, Dorinda and Lu looked like idiots, those kids faces said it all.

If they hadn't told her, when they arrived at the restaurant, that they were going to celebrate Sonja's birthday, it might have been a nice surprise to come out with a cake and sing to her. I kind of liked Lu's light up wrap, it fit her whole cabaret persona, but why was Dorinda dressed as Genie from Lidsville?

NkVIItvbESYvkUgzDsPRSu6-sLmNnpi7hAoIQPjn

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 7
13 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

lu inserted herself into jill's and bethenny's situation.  alex was calling lu out for that

I think you're forgetting Alex quite willingly taking on the role of Bethenny's messenger in that drama https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-3/episode-9/videos/shoot-the-messenger

...and then doing the same thing during the argument between Ramona & Jill in Morocco and acting so afraid she was shaking during Jill's arrivial to Scary Island https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-3/episode-13/videos/jills-surprise-visit

Does absence really make the heart grow fonder or what?  Alex (& Simon) provided some unintentional comic relief in seasons 1-2 but she was meddling shrew most of seasons 3-4 before thankfully getting the ax. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, ChitChat said:

They were in another country though.  Those people probably didn't have a clue as to who they were.  

Ohh, yeah, I guess I was thinking about another restaurant scene.  Yes they should have definitely warned them that these nutty 'Muricans are muey loco, and consider themselves warned.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, film noire said:

I'll take Moaner's hapless dating over Leah accusing Michael Che of being a racist, just because he didn't want anything to do with her messy ass.  That is some low fucking shit to pull.

After seeing how she twisted that situation to fit her own agenda I consider any of her talking heads and social media statements regarding her fellow cast members more suspect than I normally would.  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, film noire said:

I don’t think she’s so hapless if she’s deliberately seeking out the one percenters and Orange One fundraisers...yuck. They are both messy in that department. However, that incident with Che wasn’t even on the show. We weren’t subjected to it. 

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, chewycandy said:

I don’t think she’s so hapless if she’s deliberately seeking out the one percenters 

Hapless doesn't mean lacking deliberation (Ramona's got plenty of that! ; ) it means ill-fated/ luckless - god knows, Moaner seeking out rich men looking for hot trophy wives is about as ill-fated a venture as possible. The chance of Ramona making a connection in that dating pool is next to nil, imo. And unlike Sonja (who I think would be perfectly happy with a 102 year old man if he gave her financial freedom) Ramona seems to want a real relationship.  She'd be better served looking for a man she likes, and leave the worrying about whether he's after her money/scared of her independence/blah blah etc until a few dates in.   

They are both messy in that department

I think texting a black man "U hate me cus I’m white" just because he doesn't want to date you,  is in a class all its own. 

She also tried to publicly destroy his reputation, calling him  "arrogant, rude, D-list and disrespectful" and a woman-hater until he provided the texts, proving Leah a liar.  

This comment about Michael Che is from her "Improper Etiquette" 2017 podcast: “You don’t know me, you don’t know nothing about me, you don’t know we have mad friends in common and like, you’re gonna treat me like some stupid bitch? Like f–k you. I just can’t deal.”  I quote it because to me, that sounds a lot like Leah's Ramona-rants (You don't know me,  you know nothing about who I am,  how dare you judge me, etc ) so maybe Leah's the issue, not the person-du-jour she's attacking.

However, that incident with Che wasn’t even on the show. We weren’t subjected to it. 

We weren't subjected to the intimate details of Mario's affair on the show - surprisingly, Ramona kept her dignity intact on that front, and even faced down Andy Cohen at the reunion -  but we talked about it plenty in the forums, especially when it seemed to shape Ramona's behavior in an episode. It's all grist for the RHoNY mill! (or mist for the grill,  if Ramona were writing this ; ) 

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, film noire said:

Hapless doesn't mean lacking deliberation (Ramona's got plenty of that! ; ) it means ill-fated/ luckless - god knows, Moaner seeking out rich men looking for hot trophy wives is about as ill-fated a venture as possible. The chance of Ramona making a connection in that dating pool is next to nil, imo. 

I think texting a black man "U hate me cus I’m white" just because he didn't want to date you,  is in a class all its own. 

Thanks, but I know what the word means. What I was saying is that her dating life isn’t all that unfortunate in its portrayal. She thinks her life is to be envied and she’s hot stuff. 

I’m not debating the grossness of what went down with Leah and Che, but it happened before Leah came on. I’d bet many viewers don’t even know of it. We do have to see Ramona ditching the ladies for a date in practically every episode. It’s getting old. 

Edited by chewycandy