Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Burnt Bridges And Bitter Truths

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Food waste ALWAYS bothers me.  Hard stop.  

I'd bet that the vendors there just gave them the food for a slice of camera time.  All things considered it's probably not a huge cost to give someone a fancy grilled cheese for a few minutes on TV.  

As well, the vendors were probably cooking any 'comfort food' they could think in response to some simpleton vaguely ordering, the 'best of the best'. Yep, Best of the Best from a food truck because TLC will pay. Asuelu has quickly caught on to living a champagne lifestyle while on a soda pop... I mean water... budget.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Right.  Not everyone continues to put up with an arrogant, lazy, hot tempered A hole, like Libby does. So, I wouldn't be surprised that someone else kicked him to the curb, before they met...once he showed his true colors.  For all the crap from Libby's family......I have ZERO sympathy for Andrei.  He is immeasurably, vapid.  The rude treatment from Libby's family towards him doesn't bother me at all.  I have ZERO sympathy for the cad. 

Thank you for saying this. If my husband gradually stopped talking about finding work and/or keeping active in favour of playing video games while daughter amuses herself, my father and brothers would lose it. Especially if my husband was also expecting my father to foot the bill because my father earned a great deal of wealth from working hard all his life. I can only hope that the family and Andrei got together to scheme up this ridiculous behaviour for ratings. Somehow I think Andrei is too stunned to fake his attitude.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 8
On 8/9/2020 at 9:24 PM, Frozendiva said:

Why did they go to some food truck place? Nice of Asuleu to pay for a spread of various items from the trucks, but it gave mom and his family ideas. The money thing that he thought might go away reared its ugly head.

Unless TLC paid for all the useless Samoan gifts/food items, why would Asuelu and Kalani spend $200 on crap gifts rather than use that as the money they are giving to his mother? As it were, they spent close to $300 on them but gave them $100. I hope they included a receipt so Mom can take the gifts back. They should also mention to Mom that this time the $100 is a 'gift' of cash, and if she needs more, she needs to sign off a loan receipt. Boy, that would dry up Mom's kisses.

• Love 3
On 8/7/2020 at 9:14 AM, charmed1 said:

Which makes it all the more baffling to me that she’s sitting in the car with Syngin and NOT wearing a seatbelt! 

Baffles me. There is a seatbelt law in CT. Should be normal for her! 

18 hours ago, RealReality said:

And then, after being told to leave her alone he proceeds to invade Jess's space and gaslight her. 

"Stop fighting me" ....and crammed up against her in the elevator using his huge body to intimidate her, and whining about her violence . NEVER once admitting he lied or had an iota on responsibility.  Sicko.  

18 hours ago, Dobian said:

Libby's family is very low class and trashy.  Her dad is a slum lord.  They just like to put on airs for the cameras and pretend that they are these upper class Americans.

They can pretend but I have a sneaky suspicion that they tick every box for the Mal-dovans on the stereotype of the current loud ugly obnoxious American. 

Also family Chuck is from Maryland. Not FL. Chuck and Charlie have the accent. The girls don't.  

17 hours ago, Tango64 said:

Larissa abandoneed her children and came to America with dreams of living the gold digger life in Las Vegas. When you find yourself begging to be let into in a cement block house in the middle of the night to sit on a cheap bed with Christmas lights on the wall, arguing about ownership of an old phone and what a broke gay guy said about your vagina, you have failed in your mission. Go home.

Facts. She is headed for sex work and this is no diss on sex workers, Larissa will be forced to do it and in a trafficking situation and unsafe.  

16 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

im confused why the Nigerians think there is a possibility big Angela could have a baby.....do Nigerians have babies in their mid 50s?  NOBODY DOES>

EVERYONE needs to back to freakin sex ed class. I cringe when Grangie talks about the one egg and no Aunt Lydia too. WOMEN!!! Know your body. Your body performs beautiful things and know you (normally) have one ovulation every 28 days. Into menopause where Grangela is you may cough up and sputter them out less viable and sporadically.  No doctor with the testing she has had so far and tell you that you have "one egg left". Ugggh it drives me crazy that she thinks she is carrying around this last gasp "one egg" in her basket until she decides to get pregnant. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I could have sworn she was wearing the seatbelt, but under her breasts rather than across.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

Between Paul and Asuelu, I don't know which one missed out the most when brains and maturity were being handed out. I can only shake my head at the women who are willingly involved with these idiots, while pitying their lack of work experience and/or education to see themselves out of their messes so their children will have healthy role models. Asuelu especially reminds me of the grade three/four egocentric behaviour of my former students. However, my students were always able to emotionally grow throughout the year and I do not see this growth with either Asuelu or Paul.

They both missed out on brains and maturity, but Pole’s criminal past makes him the worst in my view.  Asuelu’s had his share of tantrums but Pole’s make them look almost normal!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

The biggest laugh of the episode was when Larissa was saying that she was sexually inexperienced so Eric shouldn't be mean to her.  Really?  Three children, multiple marriages, etc.?  

I thought she had two children, and Colt was her 2nd marriage? What did I miss, or are you generalizing?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

I could have sworn she was wearing the seatbelt, but under her breasts rather than across.

She was wearing it with the shoulder strap behind her back.

1 hour ago, Chalby said:

I thought she had two children, and Colt was her 2nd marriage? What did I miss, or are you generalizing?

Check her couple’s thread for the details. There’s a recent, lengthy, post that lays it all out.

2 hours ago, Chalby said:

Unless TLC paid for all the useless Samoan gifts/food items, why would Asuelu and Kalani spend $200 on crap gifts rather than use that as the money they are giving to his mother? As it were, they spent close to $300 on them but gave them $100. I hope they included a receipt so Mom can take the gifts back. They should also mention to Mom that this time the $100 is a 'gift' of cash, and if she needs more, she needs to sign off a loan receipt. Boy, that would dry up Mom's kisses.

I’m not sure who paid, but it seemed that Asuelu insisted they get gifts in addition to  a cash gift because it was a tradition. He seemed like a kid in a candy store....which is rather sad, since he’s an adult and seems clueless on most adult matters. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure who paid, but it seemed that Asuelu insisted they get gifts in addition to  a cash gift because it was a tradition. He seemed like a kid in a candy store....which is rather sad, since he’s an adult and seems clueless on most adult matters. 

It’s scary that he is allowed to drive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

It’s scary that he is allowed to drive.

I have wondered why Aseuelu's condition has not been an issue before.  I suspect it's one reason he struggle with employment.  He may need the benefit of a program in job skills, trade training or some kind or help getting him ready for the job market.  He repeatedly demonstrates that he is not on an adult level.  It is one case on this where I don't think he can do better.  With him, I do think it's about lack of ability.  I hope he has health insurance.  They need to start with a complete physical to rule out conditions, then go with a developmental evaluation.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I have wondered why Aseuelu's condition has not been an issue before.  I suspect it's one reason he struggle with employment.  He may need the benefit of a program in job skills, trade training or some kind or help getting him ready for the job market.  He repeatedly demonstrates that he is not on an adult level.  It is one case on this where I don't think he can do better.  With him, I do think it's about lack of ability.  I hope he has health insurance.  They need to start with a complete physical to rule out conditions, then go with a developmental evaluation.  

So Aseulu's mother knows her son is not firing on all cylinders but is willing to extort money from him, nice mothering.  She knows her kid is not going to get a high paying job ever, she knows that he hands out yogurt samples but yet there she is wanting $1000 which is probably what he earns in a month...ain't that somethin'.

• Love 2
Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

So Aseulu's mother knows her son is not firing on all cylinders but is willing to extort money from him, nice mothering.  She knows her kid is not going to get a high paying job ever, she knows that he hands out yogurt samples but yet there she is wanting $1000 which is probably what he earns in a month...ain't that somethin'.

Yeah, that's why I think she wants the money, knowing that it will come from his wife's family.  His wife and her family really do need to support Asuelu.  His family doesn't seem to have any compassion.  A complete evaluation would reveal what his deficiencies are and then, they can get him in a program to help address them.  So, imo, Kalani  and her family need to stop being concerned about him supporting the family and figure out how they are going to support him.  Their expectations are unreasonable, imo.  He may be rude, insulting and hurtful, but, with counseling, I would think that part of him would mature as well. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

I guess I am the only one who thought she was kissing him on the corner of his mouth/cheek. I have three sons 36, 34, 24 and a daughter, 32, and I would kiss them for an hour - all over their faces and necks, if I hadn't seen them for half a year. Mind you, I'd like to see Momma kiss Aseulu the same way after he said no to giving any money. She kissed him like that because she thought she had finally won the $1000 per month Kalani lottery.

No, I thought he was kissing her on the cheek. I think Kalani would have thought it odd that I give mine even a peck.  Highly speculative, I know, but then again I don't care what a grown woman, who married her vacation f**k, who can't master birth control, and whose said vacation f**k is a pouty baby thinks of me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 8/8/2020 at 7:17 PM, greekmom said:

It needs to include Jihoon's mom and Pole's mother.  

I would respectfully disagree on Paul's mom:  She seems ready, willing and able to NOT let him back into the nest and see him go away.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

2 hours ago, Gobi said:

She was wearing it with the shoulder strap behind her back.

In the scene I saw (in South Africa), she was wearing it low across the front, under her arm.  None of these three options are how the belt was designed to keep the person wearing it safe in case of an accident.

• Love 6
On 8/10/2020 at 6:31 AM, AZChristian said:

I wouldn't stay with any of my family members.  I'm allergic to dust and dog hair and am EXTREMELY picky about where I'll sleep.  Most of my family members (whom I love, but) have pets or tidiness issues.

Our power went out last night.  Our son lives nearby in a 5-bedroom house with his wife, two dogs and two cats.  I texted him when our power went out to see if his did (since he lives so close).  Nope.  His was fine.  And then he texted back, "You could come over here, but dogs and dust.  LOL."

I have a big, happy family that likes to crash with each other. I love them dearly, but a vacation for me means having my own private space, waking up when I want (which to be clear is much earlier than my late-sleeping family), ordering room service, and not having to worry who can hear my wife and me at night.

They also have larger families, while my wife and I are kid-free so when they come to visit we are happy to host them, and we have the space for them to have their own rooms and bathrooms. They usually take us up on this, unless the group visiting is too big to fit.

They chide me for "wasting money on a hotel," but to us, it is far from a waste. Someone cleans up after us and we can order food in, and we get our own space to make all the gross noises and discarded wine glasses we want? Worth every penny.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Love 20
6 hours ago, Chalby said:

I guess I am the only one who thought she was kissing him on the corner of his mouth/cheek. I have three sons 36, 34, 24 and a daughter, 32, and I would kiss them for an hour - all over their faces and necks, if I hadn't seen them for half a year. Mind you, I'd like to see Momma kiss Aseulu the same way after he said no to giving any money. She kissed him like that because she thought she had finally won the $1000 per month Kalani lottery.

You're not the only one who thought Mama Asuelo kissed him on the  cheek, it looked that way to me too. And like you, I also believe the lavish affection toward her son and grandchildren was driven more by the anticipated $$$. Later on, when Mama is talking to the camera about how her son used to be so good about bringing money until he got married, it seemed to me this woman was used to manipulating her simple-minded son into giving her whatever she demanded of him and now she's pissed because she's lost that control. I actually felt sorry for Asuelo as he realizes that Kalani was right about his family only wanting to see him when they want money. Based on the previews, it appears Mama isn't done badgering him for money, to the point where he breaks down. Mama Asuelo is despicable.

Edited by Suzee2
  • Love 12

I have to believe that Asuelu has been bragging about getting paid by Sharpe for this show.  How convenient that Mom asked for "one thousand" over the phone, and then again in person.  Coincidentally, that's their rumored pay per episode.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

Who else wanted to punch Asuelu in the throat when he kept repeating "best of the best", in reference to the food truck food?

What a disgusting and vile human being Angela is.  Also, she looked like Queen Victoria of England in her wedding dress.

What's the point of following any relationship Colt gets into, when his mother will ultimately nuke it?

Paul is a pathetic excuse of a husband and father.  He should bury his head in the sand and never come up for air.

• Love 11

Thank you for saying this. If my husband gradually stopped talking about finding work and/or keeping active in favour of playing video games while daughter amuses herself, my father and brothers would lose it. Especially if my husband was also expecting my father to foot the bill because my father earned a great deal of wealth from working hard all his life. I can only hope that the family and Andrei got together to scheme up this ridiculous behaviour for ratings. Somehow I think Andrei is too stunned to fake his attitude.

I would hope that Father Libby asked Andrrrrei to pay him back for trucker school that Andrrrrei has no intention of using.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Suzee2 said:

Based on the previews, it appears Mama isn't done badgering him for money, to the point where he breaks down. Mama Asuelo is despicable.

And Mama Asuelo doesn't even have the excuse the rest of the parents have, of not understanding how expensive life in America is, compared to the home country.  We've often discussed here the difference between $100 in the US and $100 in the Philippines, for example.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BlueMax said:

Paul is a pathetic excuse of a husband and father.  He should bury his head in the sand and never come up for air.

Maybe he could replace the LiMu Emu (who had its head in the sand on the latest commercial).  They're kind of built the same way and they both look funny when they run.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I noticed last season Tania never wore her seatbelt despite the law in CT. Last year, Syngin was pulled over for a seatbelt violation and they found marijuana in the car. Since then, I guess HE has started to buckle up. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

EVERYONE needs to back to freakin sex ed class. I cringe when Grangie talks about the one egg and no Aunt Lydia too. WOMEN!!! Know your body. Your body performs beautiful things and know you (normally) have one ovulation every 28 days. Into menopause where Grangela is you may cough up and sputter them out less viable and sporadically.  No doctor with the testing she has had so far and tell you that you have "one egg left". Ugggh it drives me crazy that she thinks she is carrying around this last gasp "one egg" in her basket until she decides to get pregnant. 

even if there had been one egg left...the poor lonely straggler wouldn't be healthy.  just like chicken eggs, they expire....that's why women freeze them.

I don't know if they are making up this stupidity for the camera, surely Momma Mykul has enough sense to know that old Ang's totin' days are decades behind her.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, 2dogmom said:

I don't know if they are making up this stupidity for the camera, surely Momma Mykul has enough sense to know that old Ang's totin' days are decades behind her.

If by any chance Momma Mykul is still enjoying sex from a male, I'd be willing to bet she's not requiring him to use a condom, nor is she on the pill.  She knows that the good ship Pregnancy has sailed and sunk for her - and for Angela.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I still think Mama Mykul is well aware that Angela is past childbearing age but still is under the delusion Angela will allow another woman to have Michael's child and be a "good Nigerian wife." Once Angela returns to the US, married or not, it's going to be a long time (if ever) before Michael could immigrate so even if she goes through the process and by some miracle could "tote" a baby, a key component to the conception process is missing. My bets are still on him finding a suitable local girl to bear his child, and Angela will never know anything about it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Everyone!  Angela:  YOU ARE TOO OLD.  Period.  Karine:  Stop reproducing with this unbalanced man. Kalani:  Stop reprodcing with this slow and pouty man.  Deavan:  Stop reproducing with an underemployed man who mom has clearly babied him.   Emily:  He has three sons, you have one now stop for a bit.  Anny:  He has a baseball team, you have, for the most part, two:  Bryson and a little girl.  Now please be done.  Libby and Andrrrei:  Get your shit together and don't try for #2 until you are completely off Chuck's teat and learn how to draw healthy boundaries.  Tiffany:  Please, no more.  Again, you can't cure him, can't control him nor did you cause any of his behaviors so please stop trying to change him and no more babies, pleeeeeze.  I am giving Tiff more ink as I loathe her more than enyone (THAT is really saying something!) but Tiff - if you can't trust your hubs....that is a problem.

3 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I wouldn't stay with any of my family members.  I'm allergic to dust and dog hair and am EXTREMELY picky about where I'll sleep.  Most of my family members (whom I love, but) have pets or tidiness issues.

This quote is from @AZChristian, so I want to note that:  I am the same way.  I love/need/crave/desire my own space.  I have sleeping issues and while away from home they become more so,  so if I want to watch Forensic Files at 2am to fall asleep, I want to do that.  Heck, I love my hubs beyond measure but when my son goes back to college I get to claim that room back as my own!!!!  YAY!

3 hours ago, monagatuna said:

They chide me for "wasting money on a hotel," but to us, it is far from a waste. Someone cleans up after us and we can order food in, and we get our own space to make all the gross noises and discarded wine glasses we want? Worth every penny.

100% this!  Plus a pool and a hot tub to splash around in?  Yes please.  

• Love 9
21 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I simply can't decide which Kreeny/Pole moment was funniest:

Pole crawling into a trash bag like a demented python, whining while he roots for a nail clipper.

OR

Pole looking Kreeny in the eye and swearing up and down that he spends his days "networking" to find a job. Perhaps there's some kind of shit shovelers' union he can join?

And on another note, I will pay money -- good money -- if TLC promises never again to show me Michael and his family members expressing utter bewilderment at the possibility that a post-menopausal woman in her 50s might not be able to have more babies.

Karine missed a golden opportunity to seal him up in the bag..."death by misadventure."  

Yes, I am inherently twisted.  😇

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Karine missed a golden opportunity to seal him up in the bag..."death by misadventure."  

No, @the-grey-lady, my thought was, "You threw clippers into that big bag?  You did not pack all those items into a smaller container?  Oh wait......this IS Paul!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I bet the camera crew would help her do that, and destroy that part of the film too.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, ThereButFor said:

They both missed out on brains and maturity, but Pole’s criminal past makes him the worst in my view.  Asuelu’s had his share of tantrums but Pole’s make them look almost normal!

Pole and asuelu....a race to the bottom

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I know Paul is a mess but so is Karine.  They are both out of their minds.  So why do we think a bunch of grilled cheese sandwiches cost a fortune from that food truck?  They were grilled cheese right?  It did not look like too much food for 6 adults and like 5 kids.   Asuelo’s constant repeating “the best of the best” was ridiculous.  He wanted to impress his family and sandwiches were not going to do it, they were there for $$$ and $$$ only.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Splithair said:

Or is it acceptable for a young man to marry an older woman and then a younger woman also in order to procreate?  (Both Angela and BGL have supposedly rejected such an arrangement). 

I'm confused about this idea of being able to marry more than one woman. I looked up marriages in Nigeria after one of these shows and it said there are two types of marriages in Nigeria. I can't remember the details, but it boiled down to the type of marriage Angela and Michael were aiming for (probably to be considered stronger legally for the spousal visa paperwork) would most definitely not allow a second marriage. Bigamy is illegal in that type of marriage and comes with jail time. I think it was ten years.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Everyone!  Angela:  YOU ARE TOO OLD.  Period.  Karine:  Stop reproducing with this unbalanced man. Kalani:  Stop reprodcing with this slow and pouty man.  Deavan:  Stop reproducing with an underemployed man who mom has clearly babied him.   Emily:  He has three sons, you have one now stop for a bit.  Anny:  He has a baseball team, you have, for the most part, two:  Bryson and a little girl.  Now please be done.  Libby and Andrrrei:  Get your shit together and don't try for #2 until you are completely off Chuck's teat and learn how to draw healthy boundaries.  Tiffany:  Please, no more.  Again, you can't cure him, can't control him nor did you cause any of his behaviors so please stop trying to change him and no more babies, pleeeeeze.  I am giving Tiff more ink as I loathe her more than enyone (THAT is really saying something!) but Tiff - if you can't trust your hubs....that is a problem.

Testify, sister!    🤣🤣🤣

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Zanne said:

I'm confused about this idea of being able to marry more than one woman. I looked up marriages in Nigeria after one of these shows and it said there are two types of marriages in Nigeria. I can't remember the details, but it boiled down to the type of marriage Angela and Michael were aiming for (probably to be considered stronger legally for the spousal visa paperwork) would most definitely not allow a second marriage. Bigamy is illegal in that type of marriage and comes with jail time. I think it was ten years.

Without spoiling, public officials next week explain three types of marriage available.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 8/11/2020 at 3:48 PM, LucyEth said:

So why do we think a bunch of grilled cheese sandwiches cost a fortune from that food truck?  They were grilled cheese right?  It did not look like too much food for 6 adults and like 5 kids.   Asuelo’s constant repeating “the best of the best” was ridiculous.  He wanted to impress his family and sandwiches were not going to do it, they were there for $$$ and $$$ only.

I bet the 'best of everything' is the most expensive item on the menu.    My guess is the trays of food Asuelu bought was a lot of money, and it looked like the food was barely touched.   I hope the camera crew had a feast.  

I'll put the rest of this on the Couples thread for Kalani & Asuelu.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

So why do we think a bunch of grilled cheese sandwiches cost a fortune from that food truck?  They were grilled cheese right? 

I had a lobster grilled cheese off a truck and it was more expensive than you'd think.

5 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Without spoiling, public officials next week explain three types of marriage available.

Ooh! I'm interested to see that. I want to hear the breakdown.

• Love 5

I was intrigued by Asuelu's mother's claim that she was going to send money home to "the family and the church."  I am ASSUMING that the "church" she mentions is that LDS church.  They have a huge presence in Samoa, and many Samoans come to the USA to attend BYU in Utah.

So out of curiosity, I looked up the LDS church policy on marriage and found this:

"A spouse is the only person other than the Lord that Latter-day Saints are commanded to love 'with all [their] heart.' A revelation in the Doctrine and Covenants states: 'Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else.' Church leaders have taught that this commandment applies equally to wives loving their husbands."

Sorry, Mother Asuelu, you're out of luck.  There is a difference between your son respecting you and financially supporting you . . . especially if he is married.

Oh, and Sister Asuelu, if it is not Kalani's business what you do with YOUR money, then it is not YOUR business what Asuelu and Kalani do with THEIR money.  Butt out.

Edited by AZChristian
Clarity
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I still think Mama Mykul is well aware that Angela is past childbearing age but still is under the delusion Angela will allow another woman to have Michael's child and be a "good Nigerian wife." Once Angela returns to the US, married or not, it's going to be a long time (if ever) before Michael could immigrate so even if she goes through the process and by some miracle could "tote" a baby, a key component to the conception process is missing. My bets are still on him finding a suitable local girl to bear his child, and Angela will never know anything about it. 

Don't put it past Angela to install a body cam on Michael.  Just the thought of him speaking to another FEMALE or having an unknown ring tone on his phone is enough to send her into a conniption!

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Zanne said:

I had a lobster grilled cheese off a truck and it was more expensive than you'd think.

I guess that is what they got, lobster must be rated best of the best I would imagine.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I was intrigued by Asuelu's mother's claim that she was going to send money home to "the family and the church."  I am ASSUMING that the "church" she mentions is that LDS church.  They have a huge presence in Samoa, and many Samoans come to the USA to attend BYU in Utah.

So out of curiosity, I looked up the LDS church policy on marriage and found this:

"A spouse is the only person other than the Lord that Latter-day Saints are commanded to love 'with all [their] heart.' A revelation in the Doctrine and Covenants states: 'Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else.' Church leaders have taught that this commandment applies equally to wives loving their husbands."

Sorry, Mother Asuelu, you're out of luck.  There is a difference between your son respecting you and financially supporting you . . . especially if he is married.

Oh, and Sister Asuelu, if it is not Kalani's business what you do with YOUR money, then it is not YOUR business what Asuelu and Kalani do with THEIR money.  Butt out.

Plus if she truly wants to support the church, she could ask him to do it directly.  Why does she need to be the intermediary?  Perhaps to skim or pocket all of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Plus if she truly wants to support the church, she could ask him to do it directly.  Why does she need to be the intermediary?  Perhaps to skim or pocket all of it.

It's so SHE can get the tithing credit, don't you know?  LDS keeps track of those things.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

I think you hit the nail on the head.  They are only going along with this delusion so that they can feign deep disappointment and surprise when Angela can't bear a child.  At which point they can start to pressure her to allow Michael another wife so that they can have the baby they were "promised"

I don't think angela will allow for any of this.  Michael would be better served trying to come up with an alternative.  

Does Angela have any nieces?  Maybe they can go the in vitro route with a niece who is hard up for cash and 15 minutes of fame.  It would technically be the same as Angela's bloodline, right?  If Angela was willing to use Skylar's egg, I think it's a hop skip and jump to using a biological niece as egg donor and surrogate right?

• Useful 2
On 8/10/2020 at 2:10 PM, Oregonrain said:

I am confused by the whole Asuelo trip to Portland. They meet the family at Pioneer Courthouse Square and then take the Max to the food cart pod. That particular pod is about a mile from my house. It is no where near a Max station. They would have to take a bus to get there. I love the fact they went to Halibuts. Their fish is like crack to my husband. Very expensive. $21 for halibut fish and chips but their clam chowder is to die for. Food cart pods are very big here and those tents are heated. The winter was very mild last year, so I don't know why they were so cold.

So do we know for a fact that they took the Max to the food cart pod and didn't catch rides in TLC vans? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet the 'best of everything' is the most expensive item on the menu.    My guess is the trays of food Asuelu bought was a lot of money, and it looked like the food was barely touched.   I hope the camera crew had a feast.  

I still think the food trucks would have exchanged food for a TV appearance.  

Did we see anyone actually exchange money for food?  And none of the vendors seemed to miss a beat when asked for the "best they have"

What does that even mean in the world of grilled cheese?  To me, the BEST grilled cheese is old fashioned cheapie American cheese.  Followed by the five layer grill cheese with some scattered sun dried tomatoes on a toasted cheese bread.  

The fanciest brie would probably make the worst grilled cheese for me.  

• Love 5