Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Burnt Bridges And Bitter Truths

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, The Goon said:

in defense of Tania (UGH!) I think she has the seat belt on but only does the gut click. You can see it's very close to her side. It might be uncomfortable on her neck because she's so short and those giant udders are in the way

I have a terrible time with shoulder harnesses on seat belts. They always lay directly over my neck no matter what I do. I tried using the sliding whatchamajig above the window, to no avail. I try to adjust where it crosses my chest, but it almost immediately slides right back over my neck. I can gain or lose weight; it neve changes. I honestly wish they had never made anything but the  lap  belt mandatory. Because of the severe arthritis in my shoulders, it is very painful for me to attempt to slide the shoulder harness behind me.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, evansmom10 said:

Cocaine possession, DUI, missed child support....I wanted to see that doughy a-hole get a nice Eastern European beatdown from Andrei. 

Libby's family seems to think the rules and laws don't apply to them.  I have no use for them and if her father's wondering why she married an asshole, he need look no further than himself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
13 minutes ago, evansmom10 said:

And they can MISS ME with the whole: "In America, we are civilized". "In America, we treat people with respect" Sure, Jan. 

Pretty much, pretty sure everyone is in some way. But, I'll stand corrected and call them: Xenophobic. That better? 

I think they are ill mannered.  And I think their problem with him is his behavior, not his ethnicity.  He is a free loader and he is combative.  And if they were not ill mannered, it would be handled in a mature fashion.  

That is my opinion, of course.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, nb360 said:

Edited to remove my previous comment. It looked like Asuelu and Mom kissed on the lips... Thank you to whoever pointed it out that it was the cheek. It didn't look like it but, okay.

I think she definitely kissed him on the lips and also the cheek. I saw that in the sneak peek and last night.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, The Goon said:

in defense of Tania (UGH!) I think she has the seat belt on but only does the gut click. You can see it's very close to her side. It might be uncomfortable on her neck because she's so short and those giant udders are in the way

Yeah, but don't remove that part and then get all freaked out and complain about his driving. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, politichick said:

Yeah, but don't remove that part and then get all freaked out and complain about his driving. 

It's all part of her plan. She's going to need a support dog for her PTSD and permanent disability checks from the US govt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 8/3/2020 at 7:46 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Asuelu makes out with mama!

That was so "flowers in the attic" ick.  

As dim as aseulu is even he knows it's weird because he became super defensive.  

There is something super rotten about that family.  I refuse to think that everyone in Samoa is like this and I wouldn't be surprised if aseulus mother had crossed more than a few lines with him.  

That kiss was creepy and she was doing that on national TV. 

On 8/3/2020 at 8:35 PM, kendi said:

That was a long ass kiss. Shudder. Another smothered couple. 

I loathe Charlie and Chuck. This has carried on way too long... this one night is three episodes too long and it's sickening to watch. 

Angela, just go home. You could never carry a baby and pressuring Mykul to decide to end the relationship, knowing he wants children, is just mean. Go away. TLC, drop her please. 

Chuck and Charlie are assholes

Charlie "we do what we want in America!"

Chuck "in America we'd never act like this in front of guests"

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Leilani said:

In Hawaii alot of the old homes have ghosts. It's not something you have to believe in.

Libby is unbelievable. The only thing more unbelieveable is that if this was really true and not scripted Andrei would be over it already.

Poor Deb is sad she couldn't convince Colt to sleep in her hotel room.

Libby and Andrei's problems would be dramatically better if they stopped taking Chuck's money.  

You just can't piss on the golden goose and she knows that.  

Libby knows that whatever "job" she has with Chuck is basically him just giving her money.  He is probably overpaying her for very little actual work.  

Either Libby or Andrei need to get a job that has NOTHING to.do with Chuck.  They need to fully cut the purse strings.  

If they are living in his house they need to pay rent or move.  

But chuck always has financial power over them and it's  a means of control.  

Andrei had decided to.act out in Moldova, but if chuck got pissed and cut off their money, there wouldn't be a moldovan wedding and they would be broke and homeless.  That's not good. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

It seems that most of my time fast forwarding thru this show. But for the moments I did watch this is my take:

Ericee is VERY gay so every vagina is gross to him. Stop the madness with the straight hetero storyline. And Larissa girl, if you spent 10k on your face, you need a refund. You're  look Michael Jackson levels of busted. 

Andreiiiiiiiii and Libby...oh lord, another extremely lame storyline.  It is the Hallmark Hall of Fame special meets white trash telenovela.

Coltee and his perpetually confused face need to go home. Take the TLC money and buy cat toys and an appointment for Debbie to get that mole sawed off her face. Nobody believes that Coltee is some hot lover that every hot bloodied Brazilian wants. Nobody, unless they're Jess or Larissa, who only want 15 minutes of reality tv fame, is going to go into a rage because some other woman has potential sampled his gherkin. Trust me, nobody wants a piece of that. Even Coltee's  speedo was ready to quit that bitch. 

If my Mother asked me, "Where's mah money?" after traveling across the country to see her, I'd be taking my meal to go, and heading on back down the road. it was rude of the family to gang up on him. I'm not a fan of Asuelu, but what they did to him was cold-blooded. You happily accept whatever offers of support that guy can give, not look to him as an ATM machine. 

I'm getting whiplash with Angela and Michael's neverending nuptials. It's been called off so many times. Again, it's completely laughable to think Angie can tote a baby. She's a smoker, obese, and past childbearing years, and with a strong history of cancer in her family. Only a quack would recommend her going through the hormonal cocktail to ready her ashtray uterus as a viable place for a baby to be 'totable.'

I laughed aAte the gherkin mention. I am more of a big pickle girl.

• LOL 3

Colt remains the worst.  He lied, admits he lied, but attempts to furiously deflect ("yeah, I lied, but you're mad and I'm allowed to have friends").  

And then, after being told to leave her alone he proceeds to invade Jess's space and gaslight her. 

I was happy Jess didn't take the bait and left.  This behavior is very very similar to what Larissa accused colt of.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

"We don't ever argue or fight like this in America."  Riiiiiiight....

Tania might want to wear the shoulder strap the next time she's having a panic attack about car accidents.  They're only the most important part of the seat belt.

Who is Pole networking with, his dogs?

In a surprising upset, Asuelo's mom has replaced Debbie as Worst Mom on 90 Days.  Give that woman a big can of SPAM!

Larissa doesn't need to be jealous of Eric's old girlfriends, she needs to be jealous of his male roommate.

"I'm afraid to lose Angie"  Translation: "I'm afraid to get beaten up when I break it off with Angie"

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Ericee is VERY gay so every vagina is gross to him. Stop the madness with the straight hetero storyline. And Larissa... girl, if you spent 10k on your face, you need a refund. You're looking Michael Jackson levels of busted. 

Amen to that. He was a handsome man until he mutilated his face. She is on exactly the same path. She was a beautiful girl.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

Libby's family seems to think the rules and laws don't apply to them.  I have no use for them and if her father's wondering why she married an asshole, he need look no further than himself.

Libby's family is very low class and trashy.  Her dad is a slum lord.  They just like to put on airs for the cameras and pretend that they are these upper class Americans.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I agree AND if you are taking them to meet that family OUTSIDE, where are their coats and hats?

Especially since Kalani said it was cold enough to freeze your eyeballs! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I can see why TLC forked out for Deb’s air ticket to Brazil. She’s playing temper tantrum Jess like a fiddle

If production hadn't arranged for Debbie to (supposedly) invite herself tag along on the trip to Brazil, there would have been absolutely nothing dramatic to watch. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

IF there were other diners, they should have gotten their meals for free.

There were definitely other diners seated nearby. Maybe their dinners WERE comped because they were going to be filmed. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Family Libby is the new Family Chantel. Its the exact same scenario. "A nice family dinner" falls apart because one side needles and baits the other, until someone loses it.

I was just waiting for someone to side kick the food off the table! They haven't left the restaurant yet? Maybe next week then.

3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

How about, "I got up to go to the bathroom" instead...Or maybe the word bathroom is too "expensive" for him.

His first choice was probably "Potty."

I'm loving watching Asuelo's family money grab play out. Reminds me of my MIL (RIP). Her thing was, she got SS, disability check or welfare, I don't remember, and lived in housing so rent was cheap, but would pay the bare minimum of her bills, then blow the rest on lottery & scratch tickets. Hubby had to give her an allowance weekly ($30 plus any extra she asked for, and she would occasionally get extra from other relatives) which would be spent on more lottery, sending money to other relatives and her big claim to fame was that she gave to ST. Jude's children's' fund. It made her a saint. I don't know if she donated more that once, lol, maybe just once or twice. If she needed furniture, clothes, light bulbs, a ticket to see relatives that was hubby's responsibility. If hubby were to tell her no I don't know if she'd get angry and storm off like Asuelo's clan, maybe she'd just sulk (until she got what she wanted.) Ughhhhhhh. There I said it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, RealReality said:

That was so "flowers in the attic" ick.  

As dim as aseulu is even he knows it's weird because he became super defensive. 

Plus mama is kinda um masculine so it was like making out with Lo.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, magemaud said:

If production hadn't arranged for Debbie to (supposedly) invite herself tag along on the trip to Brazil, there would have been absolutely nothing dramatic to watch. 

No drama, but an assault on America by seeing Dolt in that Spee-dough.

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

He is flaming in a way that brings to mind Liberace or Paul Lynde or Charles Nelson Reilly.  Maybe even Rip Taylor.

Except those guys were funny and entertaining (did you ever see Liberace's spots on MTV in the 80s?  They were a riot!  And of course Lynde, Taylor, and Nelson Reilly's turns on Hollywood Squares and Match Game).  Ericee is just an obnoxious ass.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Dobian said:

"We don't ever argue or fight like this in America."  Riiiiiiight....

I had to laugh at Chuck's "What if Andrei had knocked out my son and he had to go to the hospital?" which made it sound like he had no confidence that Charlie could defend himself in a bar fight, especially against a former professional bouncer. 

14 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

No drama, but an assault on America by seeing Dolt in that Spee-dough.

and constant references about their sex life

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/7/2020 at 9:38 AM, KateHearts said:

I wouldn't call their behavior racist. I would call it rude, accusatory, ignorant, provocative, inflammatory, insensitive, ungrateful and embarrassing. And the worst part? Libbie. I could not believe how she immediately turned on Andrei and accused HIM of "treating my family this way." She was positioned perfectly to put a hard stop on the entire conversation by saying, "Dad, Chuck- Andrei's past is the past. Whatever reasons he had for leaving Moldova aren't relevant now. That was before we met; we're married and have a child. Let it go." But no... she turns on him. To me, that's a cardinal rule as a spouse.  Yes, your husband might be a jerk sometimes. Everyone has their moments. But they were dogging him relentlessly and I don't blame him for getting fed up. Discuss your disappointment in how he handled it later. IN PRIVATE.

Since Libbie is on the take from her dad, that's probably why she doesn't speak up to them?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, endure said:

All of the couples on this season are despicable, I don’t know why I even watch.  I also can’t stand the series with Big Ed and the stupid girl from Seattle that is on tomorrow night. And I sure won’t be watching the series about Darcey 😤 Maybe I’m getting 90 Days done!

Wow I was really in a bad mood lol

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, renatae said:
12 hours ago, The Goon said:

I have a terrible time with shoulder harnesses on seat belts. They always lay directly over my neck no matter what I do. I tried using the sliding whatchamajig above the window, to no avail. I try to adjust where it crosses my chest, but it almost immediately slides right back over my neck. I can gain or lose weight; it neve changes. I honestly wish they had never made anything but the  lap  belt mandatory. Because of the severe arthritis in my shoulders, it is very painful for me to attempt to slide the shoulder harness behind me.

I had this "udders" problem 30+yrs ago.  My seatbelt even gave me a hickey...more than once.  I was in my 50s and not dating.  One day boss looked oddly at my neck--and quickly turned away. I had to explain my seatbelt problem.  He said, "I WAS wondering."  I bought a shearling shoulder pad for the seatbelt and things have been great ever since.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Wearing the seatbelt just around the waist, with the rest behind the shoulder, is a recipe for a severed spinal cord. But at least Tania's airbags, coupled with the car's airbags, should prevent her head from going through the windshield.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

He is flaming in a way that brings to mind Liberace or Paul Lynde or Charles Nelson Reilly.  Maybe even Rip Taylor.

the greats, like mt Rushmore.

Edited by 2dogmom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, endure said:

Wow I was really in a bad mood lol

Its the pandemic. Usually I'm ok, but sometimes I get so angry over all the suffering and sadness. That's why I look so forward to this shitshow.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Tango64 said:

Larissa abandoneed her children and came to America with dreams of living the gold digger life in Las Vegas. When you find yourself begging to be let into in a cement block house in the middle of the night to sit on a cheap bed with Christmas lights on the wall, arguing about ownership of an old phone and what a broke gay guy said about your vagina, you have failed in your mission. Go home.

This is what kills me about her.  Does she even want to be a mother?  She must not or you'd be hearing about her missing them.  So awful.

• Love 2
On 8/10/2020 at 1:49 PM, Kayz Opinion said:

And Andrei the Ungrateful knows exactly who's buttering his bread.

That is what I don't get about Andrei.  He seems to have this need to show what a tough guy he is, when he doesn't have two cents to rub together.  The fact that he gets so agitated when questioned about his past, led me to believe he is hiding something.  I believe he went to Ireland to be with a lass he met online.  Either the relationship didn't work out or he left her to be with Libby.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

What a blow Samoa has been dealt!

I will always believe that Jenny is the greatest useless mess, but will ALWAYS thank her for introducing this phrase into the 90DF fandom lexicon.  LOLOL.

Re: Charlie and Chuck - Welcome to Tampa, all the rest of you.  Look, I have friends in Tampa...I go there for concerts and one of my fav beaches is just outside St Pete.  But.  Libby's family are nothing, but pure Tampa trash.  Ugh.   That said, I think Andrei is a thug and a mean drunk.  His obvious temper, lack of respect for others, and his general smug ramp up of attitude and demeanor since they have been in Moldova is gross.  Asshole. Honestly, I wouldn't be fine with my husband talking to me like that.  Plus since they rely on Chuck to pay for everything, Andrei can also STFU and take it, OR go be independent.  You don't get both, ya little bitch. 

Re: ghosts - I like to say I'm not superstitious, but I'm little-stitious (TM The Office).  I'm a behavioral scientist by trade and believe in science, but I'm also Trinidadian and island ppl believe.  So, I hedge my bets. Thus, I don't believe, but I 100% believe.  I will NOT do stuff like oujia and such.  Plus as a long time Supernatural fan, I have an unhealthy view of how well I would be able to handle a demon ("get the salt, Sammy"). LOLOLOL

Family Asuelo are a bunch of dicks.  So basically, they want to be big dogs in Samoa and are telling everyone they are ballin', so they expect Asuelo to give them money, and they clearly expect Kahlani's family to pay for the kids and their lives in Utah.  Umm, the sisters aren't even full sisters and they have something to say about all this money asking?!  Fuck outta here.  I have issues with Kahlani, but I loved her asking the bold sister if she contributes.  The silence and her pushback "none of your business" non answer tells me everything.  What entitled, nasty people they are.   I was shockingly proud of Asuelo for standing up for himself and saying the right things.  Let's see how long he can hold up to their bullshit before throwing Kahlani under the bus. Also.  That kiss was weird AF.    Additional thought:  I would pay many dollars worth of Polynesian shirts to see Lo with Family Asuelo.  I would love to see that dynamic. Haha.  

MAGAngela is awful.  She isn't "real" or "wholesome", she's a ratchet bitch who cares about nothing and no one but her damn self.  I LOVE Michael's sister b/c that lady clearly has zero interest in putting up with Angela's shit.  And Angela is the typical bully...once you stand up with any backbone, she shrinks.  Lydia is going to put her and Michael thru it.  Can't wait.  

Sygin and Tania are very much exactly the people that shouldn't be married.  Have some hot vacation sex and keep it moving.  They value their individuality and have VERY different ideas as to what a marriage should be.  Nope.

Why are we still bothering with Larissa?!  Quite clearly, her patterns of behavior are super clear. This is why she doesn't have real relationships:  She plays everyone against each other to garner sympathy and she takes no responsibility for her actions. Add an attraction to toxic ppl, like Colt and Eric and here we are.

Colt and Jess AND Debbie - You can see his pattern too:  Lie to make things easier for him.  Gaslight when he gets caught.  I think Larissa is a hothead, but it is clear that Colt was able to paint a much more dire picture around the violence to get Larissa arrested. Jess shouldn't have thrown the shoes, but Colt's reaction (and Debbie's preemptive thought process) was like she was beating him with the shoes.  Colt's mother/wife played him and Jess.  And they are going to keep living that pattern until Colt is with a woman that mom approves off (aka has the chick under her thumb). 

Paul and Karine - OMG.  I would take my ass with the kid back to Brazil instead of keeping with this loser in KY.  Everyone, especially Paul keeps saying that she is from a shack, so anything is better.  Clearly, that isn't the case.  She understands her life in Brazil and she is surrounded by family.  Here, she only has Paul, which is probably worse than nothing, and the living situation is strange.  I agree with those of you that say she looks diminished or defeated; he has sucked the life out of her and I completely understand her mother's tears. 

• Love 14

I believe Asuelu and Kalani may have seen something.

I was just relieved that the two of them were on the same page about something. They have two babies together and don't even show the minimal affection I'd expect between friends. At least they both believe in ghosts. I was waiting for Kalani to give an eyeroll about his beliefs. I don't care what your beliefs are, but you shouldn't expect a marriage to last when you don't share them.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, zenme said:

The ghosts thing is something that you sometimes have to experience yourself to believe.  As a person who's had more than a couple of these experiences, I can say, even when it's happening, you're trying to convince yourself that it's NOT happening, partly out of fear.  I have only told a couple of people because people often do think you're crazy. I currently work at a school in which I did personally see something a couple of years ago, as have other teachers, custodians, and a security guard (who HATES to be called to our school at night.) Some students have seen things, and because they're kids, they're often not believed.   I believe Asuelu and Kalani may have seen something.  This may be the least weird thing about those two!

I've never experienced it thank God.  My mom worked with someone whose apartment was haunted by the previous tenant.  It turns out she was murdered in the apartment and would come back every night. Her mom who is a Christian had to pray the ghost away.

I believe that ghosts, demons and spirits are all real. I really do think Asuelu and Kilani saw and heard something. 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

The fact that Andrei gets so agitated when questioned about his past, led me to believe he is hiding something.  I believe he went to Ireland to be with a lass he met online. 

I think he took it on the lam.  There may be charges pending.  Maybe Libby's "fat ass brother" can visit the constabulary.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, 2dogmom said:

im confused why the Nigerians think there is a possibility big Angela could have a baby.....do Nigerians have babies in their mid 50s?  NOBODY DOES>

Even UNICEF thinks she's too old.  They consider childbearing age to be over at 49 for Nigerian women (on average).  Add into that the lack of eggs and menstruation, Angie needs to give up and get real.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I agree AND if you are taking them to meet that family OUTSIDE, where are their coats and hats? I noticed most of the adults had coats on and several had hats and I think scarves.  The two babies, however, were riding in a wagon with nothing on their heads, in apparently the same pajamas from yesterday,  and a little blanket tossed inside. I am getting seriously worried about their welfare.

I don't think it looked that cold out. I am from Buffalo and we get a lot of snow and cold. I cn't tell you the last time I wore a hat or scarve. It's been years.

I don't think Kalani was being mean about the kiss. It did look like she was kissing him on the lips. I would have made fun of my husband if it were the same situation, but that's just our sense of humor. We both said the same thing watching the show.

• Love 3