Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Burnt Bridges And Bitter Truths

• Start Topic

If the sisters are US citizens, they are in the best position to send money home. They know Asuelu has no money, but they want Kalani, who they know does have money (through her family) to pick up where Ansuelu left off. Kalani and her family are not giving them a dime, and they are pissed. The sister especially is trying to bully Kalani into giving the family money like Ansuelu did before he was married, saying, "You knew Ansulu supported his family when you married him."

On 8/10/2020 at 12:49 PM, toolazy said:

I'm pretty sure the mom and sister live in Vancouver, WA, which is right across the Columbia River from Portland.  They met up with the mom and sister at Pioneer Square in downtown Portland - it's not just a light rail stop.  What I don't understand is why they didn't get an Airbnb in Vancouver to be closer to the folks. 

I noticed annoying details like him just leaving the van in a spot that's only for things like dropping off deliveries so then I'm wondering if Pioneer Place now has valet service or something because even though I'm less than 10 minutes away, I haven't been downtown in a while. Then, the cutting back and forth between the MAX train and they're leaving downtown, but then they're suddenly back downtown again, still close to the Square. The editing was logistically wonky!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I noticed annoying details like him just leaving the van in a spot that's only for things like dropping off deliveries so then I'm wondering if Pioneer Place now has valet service or something because even though I'm less than 10 minutes away

TV crew = valet service.  Apparently no one on that "crew" was sharp enough to catch that before it was on film.

5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Kalani and her family are not giving them a dime, and they are pissed.

Bitchy-Kissy Mama better watch it or she'll have her little boy back with her...and he probably lost all capability to be a dancer at any resort.

5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

The sister especially is trying to bully Kalani into giving the family money like Ansuelu did before he was married, saying, "You knew Ansulu supported his family when you married him."

Did Kalani?  I wouldn't call Asuelu the best communicator.

On 8/19/2020 at 6:09 PM, Scout Finch said:

I noticed annoying details like him just leaving the van in a spot that's only for things like dropping off deliveries so then I'm wondering if Pioneer Place now has valet service or something because even though I'm less than 10 minutes away, I haven't been downtown in a while. Then, the cutting back and forth between the MAX train and they're leaving downtown, but then they're suddenly back downtown again, still close to the Square. The editing was logistically wonky!

Film crews can get permits and special parking privledges.  I recall seeing a street in Inner Southeast where all of the parking was blocked off for Grimm.

On 8/10/2020 at 9:14 AM, Silver Bells said:

I’m so sorry I stayed at my sisters house in Florida for two weeks. We bought the food, I cooked the food, I cleaned up, blah, blah.  To boot, she doesn’t have house sprayed, so my husband said he saw palmettos walking around at night.  Staying in a hotel next time.  I live up north and still have my house sprayed for spiders every year.

Palmettos bug, water bugs are fancy names for roaches! 🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
39 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

Palmettos bug, water bugs are fancy names for roaches! 🤣

Palmettos are a cockroach species.

Water bugs are one of the most commonly confused insects with cockroaches. The two insects bear a certain resemblance to each other, but there are key differences. Water bugs are pack a powerful bite, but they are not the pest that cockroaches are. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Debbie’s behavior is not normal. It’s unhealthy, the level at which she depends on her son for companionship, instead of getting her own life, with people her own age. It’s clear she selfishly wants Colt to herself and is threatened by any woman in Colt’s life because she’s worried it means she’ll have to move out/be lonely/get a life outside of Cole. 

• Love 1
On 8/11/2020 at 11:13 PM, 2dogmom said:

I hate to admit this, but I googled libby's home address..and I was really disappointed.  they live in the boondocks of Tampa. I have no idea where this attitude of entitlement comes from, they don't live in luxury....or anywhere remotely close to it. I would cry if I woke up in that house, and I can't understand how her husband stays home all day....I'd be begging to go to work.

Libby and Andre live a much less luxurious lifestyle than her sisters and her parents, a concern that her whole family has expressed many times, especially her father. Libby comes from money. 
The fact that her parents can afford to pay for the dream weddings of 4 daughters, 3 of which were very luxurious, tells me she comes from money. 

On 8/12/2020 at 2:14 PM, Mothra said:

I'm still not sure that Asuelo's slowness is not at least partially cultural.  I don't know what the responsibilities of an adult male in Samoa are; we know he picked coconuts and tended pigs there for a living, and it might be unfair to expect a higher level of maturity from him.  I don't know what kind of education Asuelo received.  I expect all education is geared toward making tourists happy.  According to this, it might have been through only fourth grade or so:

Village schools provide four years of primary schooling. District schools draw the brighter pupils from village schools and educate them through the upper primary level. In the Apia area, urban schools provide a lower-through upper-primary curriculum. A major educational goal has been to make Samoans bilingual, with English as their second tongue.
https://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Asia-and-Oceania/Samoa-EDUCATION.html#ixzz6UvdfD2y

Paul has a major emotional disorder, I am convinced, The nature of his crimes (arson, stalking) seem to me to be based in emotional problems.

I thought he was slow, too, his first season and now I’ve just gotten used to watching him, so IDK, makes it harder to judge. But first season, when he showed up at the airport and did that dance and then was BAREFOOT at the AIRPORT, omg, yeah, I thought something must be wrong w/him, but like you, I then thought about the fact that I’m not familiar with Samoa or Samoan culture. I know nothing about it, to be fair. So I can’t say what’s normal there or compare him to other Samoan males his age. 
i also remember that, during his first trip to the supermarket, he was really amazed by all the choices of meat and what not. Him being so impressed by such a simple thing like that tells me that life is quite different in Samoa, probably in many ways I have no idea about! 
Also, English is not his first language and I can tell he didn’t learn it as a kid, so he thinks in Samon, then has to translate it to English in his head and then speak it, so his output is gonna be a little slower. 
Asuelu’s natural personality isn’t an overly talkative or intellectual one, for sure, but Kallini’s family says he’s not slow-seeming when he’s speaking his native language. 
I also get the impression that, although he doesn’t articulate himself well and is extremely plain-spoken, he understands and processes everything people say very well. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/11/2020 at 8:12 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I would respectfully disagree on Paul's mom:  She seems ready, willing and able to NOT let him back into the nest and see him go away.

I read about a time when he wasn't even allowed back in his old home because his mother couldn't trust him. Good on mom as he is old enough to fend for himself.

Poor Karine (or any other foreign gal) who hasen't figured out that these potential husbands are shopping in their neighborhood because the North American women do not want them.

It's like these unsuspecting gals are buying something defective, but they don't know it yet because they can't read the instructions. Because they can't read and understand, they are stuck with a subpar partner. They then go on to realize they don't like their partner, but are stuck in a non-refundable situation eg no money and far from home. 

On 3/20/2021 at 6:13 PM, SheTalksShit said:

Debbie’s behavior is not normal. It’s unhealthy, the level at which she depends on her son for companionship, instead of getting her own life, with people her own age. It’s clear she selfishly wants Colt to herself and is threatened by any woman in Colt’s life because she’s worried it means she’ll have to move out/be lonely/get a life outside of Cole. 

I have never believed in that storyline. I truly think it's made up for ratings. I don't think Debbie wants to be around her son that much but it's good for ratings. The fans like Debbie.

On 8/12/2020 at 1:01 PM, RealReality said:

And Michael is so patient and is so dedicated to fatherhood that I might be tempted to do it for his sake.  I think angela already said Michael will be primary caregiver for the grandbabies while she works right?

His patience will pay off once he gets to America. I think he will get some gal pregnant, but stay with Angela. Surely Angela knows having a child is a priority for Michael. I'm sure an arrangement was made off camera. They'd be guaranteed TLC job if they could bring the scandal of an out of wedlock baby. Yep they've talked about this.

18 hours ago, Chalby said:

His patience will pay off once he gets to America. I think he will get some gal pregnant, but stay with Angela. Surely Angela knows having a child is a priority for Michael. I'm sure an arrangement was made off camera. They'd be guaranteed TLC job if they could bring the scandal of an out of wedlock baby. Yep they've talked about this.

The sad thing is:  I believe this could happen and yet another baby is brought into the mix.

• Like 1