Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Burnt Bridges And Bitter Truths

• Start Topic

On 8/10/2020 at 4:10 PM, Oregonrain said:

I am confused by the whole Asuelo trip to Portland. They meet the family at Pioneer Courthouse Square and then take the Max to the food cart pod. That particular pod is about a mile from my house. It is no where near a Max station. They would have to take a bus to get there. I love the fact they went to Halibuts. Their fish is like crack to my husband. Very expensive. $21 for halibut fish and chips but their clam chowder is to die for. Food cart pods are very big here and those tents are heated. The winter was very mild last year, so I don't know why they were so cold.

Maybe the food cart pods that were closer wouldn't allow filming?  Especially when the truck people were told what was going to happen during the filming?    I didn't notice if there were a lot of other people around, but maybe they filmed late at night so they could control the filming location better?   

Melt PDX posted on their FB that though Asuelu ordered on camera, the three sandwiches were for the crew:

"So apparently I made the cut for an episode of 90 Day Fiancee. Such an odd situation. Dude asked for "your best one" on camera, but the producers/runners actually ordered the sandwiches, three of 'em, which were eaten by the crew (I'm here to feed the crew, peeps!). I gave 'em my best one... Swing on by for a best one of your own, and stay safe out there!" 

If I can go by the posted menu, it was $30 total for the sandwiches without extras.  I hope the crew enjoyed them, they looked amazing.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Does Angela have any nieces?

Spoiler

It doesn't appear so from her mother's February obituary where Angela is the only child listed as a survivor. However, daughter Scottie might be willing to donate an "aig" 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 3
16 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

EVERYONE needs to back to freakin sex ed class. I cringe when Grangie talks about the one egg and no Aunt Lydia too. WOMEN!!! Know your body. Your body performs beautiful things and know you (normally) have one ovulation every 28 days. Into menopause where Grangela is you may cough up and sputter them out less viable and sporadically.  No doctor with the testing she has had so far and tell you that you have "one egg left". Ugggh it drives me crazy that she thinks she is carrying around this last gasp "one egg" in her basket until she decides to get pregnant. 

That doctor(?) at the fertility place told her she saw an egg.  That’s what she has been counting on and planning on using I guess.. Literally putting all her eggs in one basket.  Not sure wtf that doctor was talking about but she really got Angela’s hopes up.

10 hours ago, BlueMax said:

Who else wanted to punch Asuelu in the throat when he kept repeating "best of the best", in reference to the food truck food?

Paul is a pathetic excuse of a husband and father.  He should bury his head in the sand and never come up for air.

Asuelu sounded crazy, or learning disabled when he was all hopped up, yelling “best of the best.”  Im trying to imagine any adult I know doing that and I cannot.

I think Paul was trying to do something like that when he put his whole body in a garbage bag.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, BlueMax said:

Who else wanted to punch Asuelu in the throat when he kept repeating "best of the best", in reference to the food truck food?

What a disgusting and vile human being Angela is.  Also, she looked like Queen Victoria of England in her wedding dress.

What's the point of following any relationship Colt gets into, when his mother will ultimately nuke it?

Paul is a pathetic excuse of a husband and father.  He should bury his head in the sand and never come up for air.

Or in that plastic bag.

9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe he could replace the LiMu Emu (who had its head in the sand on the latest commercial).  They're kind of built the same way and they both look funny when they run.

That Emu is much cuter and Doug would quit before having to play second fiddle to Pole.

for me the best grilled cheese is plain ole white bread with white American cheese. It’s how my gram made it and I don’t eat yellow/orange cheese because she got me hooked. I also only use white cheddar on my Mac n cheese. Just baked a pan tonight and packed me a lunch portion before anyone else got some.

• Love 5

I hate to admit this, but I googled libby's home address..and I was really disappointed.  they live in the boondocks of Tampa. I have no idea where this attitude of entitlement comes from, they don't live in luxury....or anywhere remotely close to it. I would cry if I woke up in that house, and I can't understand how her husband stays home all day....I'd be begging to go to work.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

Ansuelo definitely gets his social skills from his mom's side of the family. Maybe the mom lives off of the sister's disability, but I can see if they are all living off her disability, her thumbs down makes sense. I liked when Kalani point blank asked the sister if she sends money home. You can tell that really rattled her.

Libby's relationship with Andrei seems bordering on abuse. They seem to have a very unhealthy codependent relationship. I don't see it lasting.

Why they don't put clothes on their boys is beyond me. Those flannel sleepers are hot-- the littlest one always looks like he is burning up, with his sweaty red face and sweaty hair all the time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

Does Angela have any nieces?  Maybe they can go the in vitro route with a niece who is hard up for cash and 15 minutes of fame.  It would technically be the same as Angela's bloodline, right?  If Angela was willing to use Skylar's egg, I think it's a hop skip and jump to using a biological niece as egg donor and surrogate right?

Or maybe she can extract her repulsive self from Michael's life and let him marry a nice Nigerian girl or two or three.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

I hate to admit this, but I googled libby's home address..and I was really disappointed.  they live in the boondocks of Tampa. I have no idea where this attitude of entitlement comes from, they don't live in luxury....or anywhere remotely close to it. I would cry if I woke up in that house, and I can't understand how her husband stays home all day....I'd be begging to go to work.

I just saw it too.  It's like a neigborhood of brown cement.  No color.  The inside is ugly too.  There's nothing special about it!

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

(Wiping tear from eye) I have nver been prouder of a poster.  YOU GO GIRL!  Is it the same house they filmed for the Quarantine show?  That was pretty nice, or at least as I remember!

@RealReality  - I hear ya on the nieces thing.....but......If I were 30 years younger and my Aunt Angela asked me for my egg/tote a baby/be involved in that mess, no amount of money could make me say yes.  No way would I put a baby in that mess.  I would look straight at her and say:  "Girl who are you kidding???  YOU ARE TOO OLD!"

• Love 9
Just now, Mrs. Hanson said:

I hear ya on the nieces thing.....but......If I were 30 years younger and my Aunt Angela asked me for my egg/tote a baby/be involved in that mess, no amount of money could make me say yes.  No way would I put a baby in that mess.  I would look straight at her and say:  "Girl who are you kidding???  YOU ARE TOO OLD!"

I "know" you well enough to know that what you would really say is:  "Girl, who are you kidding???  No way would I put a baby in that mess."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I just looked it up, too - nice house but where are the trees?  Yes there are some but it is a typical suburban housing development.  The schools, according to GreatSchools.net, are that great.  (I need school to start..........)

• Love 1

I just want to know who thought calling this train wreck of a show "Happily Ever After".   No one's happy, and never will be.    Maybe they should have called it "Happily Never After".   

I enjoyed the Family Asuelu's mommy confrontation, and can't wait for more of the same.   However, the food truck food looked amazing.  

Libby and family live in FLorida,, where many subdivisions just popped up, and everything was bulldozed to make way for streets and houses.   Also, in hurricane country some people don't want trees around their houses. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I just want to know who thought calling this train wreck of a show "Happily Ever After".   No one's happy, and never will be.    Maybe they should have called it "Happily Never After".   

I enjoyed the Family Asuelu's mommy confrontation, and can't wait for more of the same.  

I have wondered that too, about the title......no one seems too happy.  They all seem rather miserable.  Even baby Eleanor gets "WTF?" looks on her face at times!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I enjoyed the Family Asuelu's mommy confrontation, and can't wait for more of the same.  

They put a question mark after the title.

• Love 6
On 8/11/2020 at 7:00 AM, Chalby said:

I could have sworn she was wearing the seatbelt, but under her breasts rather than across.

Wouldn't surprise me.  Seatbelts are not made for large-breasted women and can be very uncomfortable if worn the proper way.  Sometimes it's impossible even to keep them in place.  I give Kalani a pass on this one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 8/11/2020 at 10:04 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I have wondered why Aseuelu's condition has not been an issue before.  I suspect it's one reason he struggle with employment.  He may need the benefit of a program in job skills, trade training or some kind or help getting him ready for the job market.  He repeatedly demonstrates that he is not on an adult level.  It is one case on this where I don't think he can do better.  With him, I do think it's about lack of ability.  I hope he has health insurance.  They need to start with a complete physical to rule out conditions, then go with a developmental evaluation.  

I'm still not sure that Asuelo's slowness is not at least partially cultural.  I don't know what the responsibilities of an adult male in Samoa are; we know he picked coconuts and tended pigs there for a living, and it might be unfair to expect a higher level of maturity from him.  I don't know what kind of education Asuelo received.  I expect all education is geared toward making tourists happy.  According to this, it might have been through only fourth grade or so:

Village schools provide four years of primary schooling. District schools draw the brighter pupils from village schools and educate them through the upper primary level. In the Apia area, urban schools provide a lower-through upper-primary curriculum. A major educational goal has been to make Samoans bilingual, with English as their second tongue.
https://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Asia-and-Oceania/Samoa-EDUCATION.html#ixzz6UvdfD2y

Paul has a major emotional disorder, I am convinced, The nature of his crimes (arson, stalking) seem to me to be based in emotional problems.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I'm still not sure that Asuelo's slowness is not at least partially cultural.  I don't know what the responsibilities of an adult male in Samoa are; we know he picked coconuts and tended pigs there for a living, and it might be unfair to expect a higher level of maturity from him.  I don't know what kind of education Asuelo received.  I expect all education is geared toward making tourists happy. 

If memory serves, he was also a dancer in a Polynesian show in Samoa . . . and Kalani took the "making tourists happy" to a whole new level after watching the show.

• LOL 16
On 8/10/2020 at 7:46 PM, lilysmom said:

I don't think you can tell how cold it is or isn't from the tv or the lack of snow. My opinion was based on the fact that most of the adults had on coats and several had hats and scarves, and Kalani or her sister had said, she thought it was cold enough to freeze her eyeballs. 

I was going by you couldn't see their breath when they talked. My friends from Florida wear winter coats when it is anything below 60 degrees so freezing to some isn't freezing to everyone. 

4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

(Wiping tear from eye) I have nver been prouder of a poster.  YOU GO GIRL!  Is it the same house they filmed for the Quarantine show?  That was pretty nice, or at least as I remember!

@RealReality  - I hear ya on the nieces thing.....but......If I were 30 years younger and my Aunt Angela asked me for my egg/tote a baby/be involved in that mess, no amount of money could make me say yes.  No way would I put a baby in that mess.  I would look straight at her and say:  "Girl who are you kidding???  YOU ARE TOO OLD!"

Angela is too old and she seems pretty dedicated to smoking so I'm not sure how she would run after a little wee baby.  But she seems to do great with her grandkids.  

And Michael is so patient and is so dedicated to fatherhood that I might be tempted to do it for his sake.  I think angela already said Michael will be primary caregiver for the grandbabies while she works right?

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I'm still not sure that Asuelo's slowness is not at least partially cultural.  I don't know what the responsibilities of an adult male in Samoa are; we know he picked coconuts and tended pigs there for a living, and it might be unfair to expect a higher level of maturity from him.  I don't know what kind of education Asuelo received.  I expect all education is geared toward making tourists happy.  According to this, it might have been through only fourth grade or so:

Village schools provide four years of primary schooling. District schools draw the brighter pupils from village schools and educate them through the upper primary level. In the Apia area, urban schools provide a lower-through upper-primary curriculum. A major educational goal has been to make Samoans bilingual, with English as their second tongue.
https://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Asia-and-Oceania/Samoa-EDUCATION.html#ixzz6UvdfD2y

Paul has a major emotional disorder, I am convinced, The nature of his crimes (arson, stalking) seem to me to be based in emotional problems.

I don't think asueloe dimwittedness is cultural.  

There was a aamoan (and moldovan) contestant on project runway.  The Samoan contestant may not have gone to the best schools, but he could see outfits and string together an adult thought.  

I think asueloe is just slow.  He may have been better able to hide it in a culture that values physical labor...but he is very dim.  

• Love 1

Has any one aig ever had so many dreams and wishes placed upon it?  How can this one little solitary, fragile aig hold up to so many spoken and unspoken promises?

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I just saw it too.  It's like a neigborhood of brown cement.  No color.  The inside is ugly too.  There's nothing special about it!

I looked up Libby's parents' house and while I think it is okay, it's not impressive. Typical Florida style. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I looked up Libby's parents' house and while I think it is okay, it's not impressive. Typical Florida style. 

I thought they lived better, based upon her family parties, guess I assumed their home was similar.  it's not a dump....it's just so boring and so far out there. I think I'd prefer moldova.  if my dad put me up in that house, It would only motivate me to get the hell out of there and get a job. 

it's a palace compared to P & K

• Love 5

I am stil undecided about Asuelo. I too think some of it is cultural and the language. I would agree he doesn't seem to swift but I am not sure how much those both play into it.

What I do notice that I find distracting though is his eyes are usually at half mast.  Almost like not totally awake.

• Love 6
On 8/10/2020 at 4:28 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Maybe that could be a selling point as to why they can't give money monthly: "We can't afford clothes for our kids!!!"

I ask this every week!  Don't those kids have regular clothes?  And please cut their hair or at the very least brush it.

I say this as I'm working at home in my lounge clothes and my son is doing at home digital learning is his pjs.  The difference is we put on real clothes when we leave the house. 

Edited by Azanscrazyhair
  • Love 7
On 8/10/2020 at 6:38 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Kalani and Asuelu vs. Family Asuelu: I almost felt bad for Asuelu this week. I understand that in some cultures it is expected to have money sent to take care of the parents. However, I refuse to accept that this situation is cultural. It’s the terrible attitude when it doesn’t happen that gets me. I mean with David and Annie- he didn’t have all the money for the dowry but the parents agreed for him to send it in the future. It’s the unreasonableness of Asuelo’s mother that gets me. And his sisters have been here 12 years- they should understand that he is financially struggling! 

What bugged me the most is when the mom said the wife’s parents have money...so I think that’s messed up. They have money and they also have been helping, but doesn’t mean that they all should take advantage from them. 

And also, Kalani’s dad is Samoan and I don’t see him taking that approach .

There are grifters and greed in every “culture” around the world. Just as there are good and bad. The Bible is pretty clear about leaving your parents home and cleaving to each other. 

As a young country unfortunately here in the US our faith is being tested and every culture in the world sees it as a win to indoctrinate the US with their faith. It’s 99 percent of the reason for war either establishing faith or stripping citizens of any faith. We are showing weakness in not being involved or devote to any faith and that is a big deal to other countries- to them they see it as an opportunity.  Here in the US we are free, currently, to choose how to worship.  We can all see thru this show how important/the value  others see in the faith of their people and they see us easy and soft to manipulate. All of that allows us to be manipulated. Especially women where most other religions and countries see us as nothing more than property with no rights. The strongest thing an American woman can be to fortify her foundation and safety- is a Christian woman .

Wait, wut? This is one of the weirdest takes on 90DF I’ve ever read.

Also not super applicable to Kalani and family. They’re pretty religious; it’s why she was a virgin until Asuelu. 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 8/12/2020 at 11:31 AM, AZChristian said:

If memory serves, he was also a dancer in a Polynesian show in Samoa . . . and Kalani took the "making tourists happy" to a whole new level after watching the show.

I don't know and didn't care to learn their story because based on what I have seen, they should both be prevented from ever reproducing again, but did she really go to American Samoa and get knocked up by a dancer she saw in a show for tourists? Why was she there? I thought it was to meet him. She didn't know him before going there? If so, that's the trashiest thing I've ever heard! That's more Teen Mom "I lost my virginity in the back of truck and got pregnant" and less 90 Days "I'm on a (sex) tourist via to the Philippines."

It's also sad to think the oldest boy is probably only 1 or 2 years away from his dad's current intellectual and emotional maturity level.

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, DawnDavenport said:

I don't know and didn't care to learn their story because based on what I have seen, they should both be prevented from ever reproducing again, but did she really go to American Samoa and get knocked up by a dancer she saw in a show for tourists? Why was she there? I thought it was to meet him. She didn't know him before going there? If so, that's the trashiest thing I've ever heard! That's more Teen Mom "I lost my virginity in the back of truck and got pregnant" and less 90 Days "I'm on a (sex) tourist via to the Philippines."

It's also sad to think the oldest boy is probably only 1 or 2 years away from his dad's current intellectual and emotional maturity level.

You got it. Asuelu was just another example in this franchise of vacation sex erroneously leading to baby and marriage (also see: Deavan and Ari).

Oh, except he’s from Samoa, not American Samoa. If he was from the latter, they would have never been on a show about people who need K1 visas.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

Wait, wut? This is one of the weirdest takes on 90DF I’ve ever read.

Also not super applicable to Kalani and family. They’re pretty religious; it’s why she was a virgin until Asuelu. 😉

How religious could she be if she gave up her V-card to a stranger while on vacation? There may not have been many men who wanted her for a variety of reasons.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, politichick said:

How religious could she be if she gave up her V-card to a stranger while on vacation? There may not have been many men who wanted her for a variety of reasons.

And always has her tits on full display.  Modest not.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

You got it. Asuelu was just another example in this franchise of vacation sex erroneously leading to baby and marriage (also see: Deavan and Ari).

Oh, except he’s from Samoa, not American Samoa. If he was from the latter, they would have never been on a show about people who need K1 visas.

Thanks for clarifying! That clears up a ton. We only catch this in reruns on Sundays nights when we're having dinner (and drinking) so I didn't know how this these two got together.

I assume her family/she is Mormon? What a trashy way to conceive a child. I mean everyone on this show is trash but at least most of them don't get knocked up (or "take care of it") until after they've at least met/gotten married. Those kids don't stand a chance with those two dullards as parents. 

6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

And always has her tits on full display.  Modest not.

I just picture the slits getting lower and lower as gravity takes its toll on those yams of hers.

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, DawnDavenport said:

I assume her family/she is Mormon?

Yes, the family Kalani is LDS and I believe Asuelu is, too. I think she made a trip to Samoa to visit members of her father's family who still live there and met Asuelu at the hotel where she was staying. She lost her virginity, returned to the US pregnant, had the baby and they got married within 90 days of Asuelu's arrival on the K1 Visa. Meanwhile, she gets pregnant again since Asuelu believes that condoms are for "slut people" and Kalani thought she couldn't get pregnant while nursing Oliver. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Hmmmm I didn't catch that there is a difference between American Samoa and Samoa-----I could have sworn they didn't need the K-1 visas. I thought in face Asuelo said something to that effect about not having a problem coming here, maybe he was talking about his mom and sisters?

3 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Hmmmm I didn't catch that there is a difference between American Samoa and Samoa-----I could have sworn they didn't need the K-1 visas. I thought in face Asuelo said something to that effect about not having a problem coming here, maybe he was talking about his mom and sisters?

Yeah I think his dad is from Samoa and mom is from American Samoa, as are the half sisters in Washington.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

My god, Jess said  something about sex and Colt immediately sat down on the bed  and obviously thought there was a possibility of sex, he was so disgustingly hopeful.  I can’t imagine how desperate she must be for a green card, to let him near her. 

• Love 8
On 8/15/2020 at 11:53 AM, magemaud said:

Yes, the family Kalani is LDS and I believe Asuelu is, too. I think she made a trip to Samoa to visit members of her father's family who still live there and met Asuelu at the hotel where she was staying. She lost her virginity, returned to the US pregnant, had the baby and they got married within 90 days of Asuelu's arrival on the K1 Visa. Meanwhile, she gets pregnant again since Asuelu believes that condoms are for "slut people" and Kalani thought she couldn't get pregnant while nursing Oliver. 

OMG. This is one of the most f'ed up things I've ever heard! It's truly disgusting the lack of education on how human reproduction works! The last sentence above is just so disturbing to me.

I'm sorry but both families are full of absolutely disgusting garbage people. The little I've seen of Kalani's family and her father tells me the whole family thinks they are better than but really are not any better than Aseulo and his family. They all seem to revel in their ignorance and stupidity. Those kids don't stand a chance.

• Love 2

Asuelu and others from Samoa do need visas.   The American Samoan half sisters are American citizens, and the mother has a green card, since she's from Samoa, and lives with the sister.   The mother would only get social security if she either paid in from U.S. sources for 10 years or stayed married to a husband that earned 10 years of social security.     Anyone qualifies for Medicare at 65, but if you didn't pay in for 10 years, you pay for Part A and B, at a much higher rate than people who paid in for that time period.    

I loathe the sisters for saying nasty things about Kalani being controlling, and taking advantage of the fact that Asuelu is younger.     The mother and sisters really don't care if Asuelu and Kalani would have to beg her parents for money, as long as Family Asuelu looks like big shots sending the money back to Samoa.     My guess is the sisters want to send money to their relatives in American Samoa, and not Asuelu's relatives in Samoa.   

The mother talking about eating the goat at a petting zoo was bizarre.   It's about time Asuelu told his mother that he's not supporting her, and she's sitting there fake crying about it.   I wish the goat standing behind her would clock her a good one.     Asuelu saying the homeless next to the goat area is how his kids will end up if he pays the money to his mother and sisters, and the mother saying she doesn't care about that, tells me all I need to know about her.     

The mother has no shame, and admitting that she sponged off of Asuelu's paycheck,  before he married Kalani is despicable.   If Samoa is so nice, then the mother should go back there, and grow Taro next to her house.        I can't wait for next week, after the previews.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
On 8/15/2020 at 11:53 AM, magemaud said:

Yes, the family Kalani is LDS and I believe Asuelu is, too.

From an online newpaper:  "Despite her family’s religious ties, Kalani is no longer part of the Mormon Church, and she reveals that she left after an “inappropriate experience” during an interview with a stake president.  'No, I’m no longer Mormon/LDS. I haven’t been for years,' Kalani explains in a two-part text graphic on Instagram."

I'm sure we saw Kalani and her sister having alcoholic drinks in the earliest episodes.  Because they didn't try to hide anything I thought they were probably not (or no longer) Mormon.  Apparently her "inappropriate experience" were insulting/probing sexual questions by the stake president.  I've heard that story often in my own community.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 8/17/2020 at 12:39 PM, Kayz Opinion said:

From an online newpaper:  "Despite her family’s religious ties, Kalani is no longer part of the Mormon Church, and she reveals that she left after an “inappropriate experience” during an interview with a stake president.  'No, I’m no longer Mormon/LDS. I haven’t been for years,' Kalani explains in a two-part text graphic on Instagram."

I'm sure we saw Kalani and her sister having alcoholic drinks in the earliest episodes.  Because they didn't try to hide anything I thought they were probably not (or no longer) Mormon.  Apparently her "inappropriate experience" were insulting/probing sexual questions by the stake president.  I've heard that story often in my own community.

Again in the column of live and learn- I would think if the family is LDS and a "child" is no longer, that would create for more strain between them. In this case though it totally seems father and mother Kalani are very intertwined with Kalani and Asuelo and brood. Aren't Kalani and Asuelo living in (one of ) her parents' houses?   Sorry if I missed it but are we sure Asuelo and family are LDS too?

5 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Again in the column of live and learn- I would think if the family is LDS and a "child" is no longer, that would create for more strain between them. In this case though it totally seems father and mother Kalani are very intertwined with Kalani and Asuelo and brood. Aren't Kalani and Asuelo living in (one of ) her parents' houses?   Sorry if I missed it but are we sure Asuelo and family are LDS too?

I see no indication that Asuelo and his family are LDS.

4 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I see no indication that Asuelo and his family are LDS.

Maybe someone is using the Law of Averages:  

Religious Affiliation on Samoa  (sorry for the spacing; no tabs allowed)

2001 census                     2016 census

Roman Catholic  19.7%                   18.8%

Latter-day Saints  12.5%              16.9%

Methodist           15.0%                  12.4%

Assemblies of God 6.6%                 6.8%

• Useful 1