Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Burnt Bridges And Bitter Truths

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Tango64 said:

Larissa abandoneed her children and came to America with dreams of living the gold digger life in Las Vegas. When you find yourself begging to be let into in a cement block house in the middle of the night to sit on a cheap bed with Christmas lights on the wall, arguing about ownership of an old phone and what a broke gay guy said about your vagina, you have failed in your mission. Go home.

I wish I could like this five hundred times. Tremendous. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Tango64 said:

Larissa abandoneed her children and came to America with dreams of living the gold digger life in Las Vegas. When you find yourself begging to be let into in a cement block house in the middle of the night to sit on a cheap bed with Christmas lights on the wall, arguing about ownership of an old phone and what a broke gay guy said about your vagina, you have failed in your mission. Go home.

Kind of makes you wonder how awful her life must have been in Brazil if what she's doing now is better.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Kalani and Asuelu: Why did they all meet at what seemed to be the Portland Central LRT station?

14 hours ago, futurechemist said:

What's with the airbnb obsession on the show?  When family visits, they stay with family, right?   Nice hypocrisy from Mother Asuelu - it's fine for Kalani's family to pay for Kalani, but Asuelu needs to send money to her. Also if Kalani and Asuelu fly into Portland, get an airbnb in Portland, and visit with Asuelu's family in Portland, in what way are they visiting Washington?  Leave my state out of your drama!

I'm pretty sure the mom and sister live in Vancouver, WA, which is right across the Columbia River from Portland.  They met up with the mom and sister at Pioneer Square in downtown Portland - it's not just a light rail stop.  What I don't understand is why they didn't get an Airbnb in Vancouver to be closer to the folks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Dobian said:

Except those guys were funny and entertaining (did you ever see Liberace's spots on MTV in the 80s?  They were a riot!  And of course Lynde, Taylor, and Nelson Reilly's turns on Hollywood Squares and Match Game).  Ericee is just an obnoxious ass.

Paul Lynde on Hollywood Squares:  Host:  "True or false - Paul Revere had 16 children?"  Paul Lynde:  "From one midnight ride?"  OMG I laughed so hard at that!!!

4 hours ago, RealReality said:

Libby and Andrei's problems would be dramatically better if they stopped taking Chuck's money.  

You just can't piss on the golden goose and she knows that.  

Libby knows that whatever "job" she has with Chuck is basically him just giving her money.  He is probably overpaying her for very little actual work.  

Either Libby or Andrei need to get a job that has NOTHING to.do with Chuck.  They need to fully cut the purse strings.  

If they are living in his house they need to pay rent or move.  

But chuck always has financial power over them and it's  a means of control.  

Andrei had decided to.act out in Moldova, but if chuck got pissed and cut off their money, there wouldn't be a moldovan wedding and they would be broke and homeless.  That's not good. 

Can I like this 100 times?

My bolding:  Exactly why most people can not/should not do business/work with family members.  Money makes people weird, and it you have unhealthy stuff to start with, it can only go downhill.  And I agree with the poster who said he/she was against violence but Charlie has a punchable face.  I will add to that so does Chuck.  Sitting there, with his big beer and wings gut* and stupid oversized polo shirt, pontificating about "We don't do that in America!"  GO AWAY and take your entitled American asshole son with you.  Whew that felt oddly good.  I was wating for one of them to order McNuggets with fries and say "EWWW!!!  YOU GUYS ACTUALLY EAT THIS MOLDOVAN FOOD??"

*I am really against body shaming but something about Chuck brings it out in me.

Put the clothes on the kids!!  Getting up to start a car trip at 4?  Fine.  After 8?  Great again!  It was ALL DAY!

Hey Kalani:  My sons are 21 and 22 and yes we give each other a very quick peck on the lips.  Nothing lingering like we saw last night, lol, but nothing wrong with affection between parents and kids.  So fight me.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 10

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but let me add my voice:  Do Kalani and Asuelu *ever* put clothes on their children?  Do those boys have anything to wear besides pajamas?

There.  That feels better.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Mothra said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but let me add my voice:  Do Kalani and Asuelu *ever* put clothes on their children?  Do those boys have anything to wear besides pajamas?

There.  That feels better.

Maybe that could be a selling point as to why they can't give money monthly: "We can't afford clothes for our kids!!!"

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

That is what I don't get about Andrei.  He seems to have this need to show what a tough guy he is, when he doesn't have two cents to rub together.  The fact that Andrei gets so agitated when questioned about his past, led me to believe he is hiding something.  I believe he went to Ireland to be with a lass he met online.  Either the relationship didn't work out or he left her to be with Libby.  

Right.  Not everyone continues to put up with an arrogant, lazy, hot tempered A hole, like Libby does. So, I wouldn't be surprised that someone else kicked him to the curb, before they met...once he showed his true colors.  For all the crap from Libby's family......I have ZERO sympathy for Andrei.  He is immeasurably, vapid.  The rude treatment from Libby's family towards him doesn't bother me at all.  I have ZERO sympathy for the cad. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, spunky said:

I've never experienced it thank God.  My mom worked with someone whose apartment was haunted by the previous tenant.  It turns out she was murdered in the apartment and would come back every night. Her mom who is a Christian had to pray the ghost away.

I believe that ghosts, demons and spirits are all real. I really do think Asuelu and Kilani saw and heard something. 

Maybe that's why it's an Airbnb. They couldn't sell it because it was known for its ghost by locals. Cause I believe too.

• Love 6

What about having nothing to give doesn’t Asuelo’s family understand.  First of all do they know he works in a yogurt shop handing out samples.  Kalani does not work so she can take care of the two children they obviously cannot afford.  I am sure her parents help them out plenty already but they should not have to foot the whole bill because tradition dictates he give all his money to his family so his mother can donate some it to the church in Samoa.  Honestly do not get what she sees in Asuelo that after a vacation romance and unexpected pregnancy she had to marry him and have another child.  She made some bad choices and now has to deal with them.

Andrei is a complete jerk IMO but Libby’s dad and brother are jerks too.  I guess they figured if they bombarded his friends and family with questions someone would spill an earth shattering secret and the marriage would be over.  Libby should stand by her husband a little more but she is afraid to lose the financial support.  They basically depend on Chuck for the most part.  Funny that they are trying to get the goods on Andrei when they are not exactly stellar citizens and seem sketchy.  

Syngin and Tania brought together by alcohol and their love of it will not hold their marriage together, their story is just boring.  Mom and siblings want him home in SA and so does he.  Pole and Karine are tragic and the loser there unfortunately is Pierre.  Jess is nuts and Colt is a fool if he cannot see his mother will never let him have a life that does not include her to the full extent.  She seems to like Vanessa but would eventually resent her too if Colt ended up with her.

• Love 12

The biggest laugh of the episode was when Larissa was saying that she was sexually inexperienced so Eric shouldn't be mean to her.  Really?  Three children, multiple marriages, etc.?  

The saddest moment was when Asuelo realized that his mother only wanted money from him, not a real relationship.

The biggest eye roll of the episode was when Chuck said that he always treats his guests well and respectfully.

The biggest cringe of the evening was when Debbie was trying to get Coltee to sleep in her hotel room (Asuelo's mom's kiss greeting was the second biggest cringe for me).

The biggest lie was when Paul told Karine that he was only online to network and find a job.  By the by, it isn't his criminal record that stops him from being employed, it's his behavior once he has a job and can't keep it (previous season when it was discovered that he was going to get fired from his job shoveling cow manure).

The biggest "what are you thinking" moment was when Tania totally overacts to Syngin's driving and connecting it to her accident while NOT wearing a seatbelt, or at least not wearing a seatbelt correctly as many posters are giving her the benefit of the doubt about at least wearing one around her waist.

The biggest "yep, you're right" moment was Syngin's statement to his brother that you have to pay for things in the U.S.  Really?  You thought everything would be free?  That you wouldn't have to, like, get a job as an opera singer, woodworker, or firefighter in order to pay for things?

The biggest response of "well, you married that person" belongs to all of the participants.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

I am confused by the whole Asuelo trip to Portland. They meet the family at Pioneer Courthouse Square and then take the Max to the food cart pod. That particular pod is about a mile from my house. It is no where near a Max station. They would have to take a bus to get there. I love the fact they went to Halibuts. Their fish is like crack to my husband. Very expensive. $21 for halibut fish and chips but their clam chowder is to die for. Food cart pods are very big here and those tents are heated. The winter was very mild last year, so I don't know why they were so cold.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Ericee is VERY gay so every vagina is gross to him. Stop the madness with the straight hetero storyline. And Larissa... girl, if you spent 10k on your face, you need a refund. You're looking Michael Jackson levels of busted.

🤣

• Love 2

It seemed clear to me that Asuela's family could care less if he is working and earning the money to send home.  They want and expect him to ask his wife's family for the money, since, they are rich and have plenty of money, it's only the right thing to do.  I don't think they have any qualms about this.  Apparently, that's how it's done. Period. I didn't get the impression that this is about them going hungry, can't get medication, etc.   I don't know how extreme things are, but, if they were in dire straights for essentials, I'd be a little nicer and about it and even explain the need, not make demands.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Asuelu's sisters are just as bad as his money grubbing mother.    The one sister doing the thumbs down gesture (that is the sister with hearing loss, maybe her name was Rose) when Asuelu offered $100, and gifts was appalling.   

So Asuelu is supposed to let his wife and in-laws support his children, so he can send a $1,000 a month to the mother, and more to the sister in Samoa?     I did enjoy that the other sister got mad at Kalani when she asked how much the sisters send to Samoa.    If the mother is so broke, then stop flying back and forth from Samoa, and get a job.    Not that I would ever hire Asuelu's mother for anything.    

It's nice to support your church,, but not when it takes food and shelter money away from your children.    If the mother is so broke, then stop flying back and forth from Samoa, and get a job. 

Family Samoa is certainly entertaining. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13

While we all watch this show, bitch about it, and post on this forum about how much of a group of losers Asuelo, Larissa, Paul, Andrei, etc. are and how they need to get off their behinds and work and pay their bills they are all working on this show and are becoming D list celebrities from it. I guess that's something. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Plus mama is kinda um masculine so it was like making out with Lo.

She also seems to probably be the genetic source of Asuelu's "slow" gene.  

All snarkiness aside, there appears to be something amiss in the gene pool.  I do hope Kalani has Head Start evaluate her boys to get them going in the right direction just in case they may require some special services.  

(Please don't perceive my comment as being snarky, as it's truly not.  When a child may have even the slightest developmental delay, early intervention can make all of the difference in the world for a child's education.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
On 8/8/2020 at 11:20 AM, AZChristian said:

Couldn't we just move them over to "sMothered"?  I already don't watch that, so adding these three to it would just make my life a little bit less cluttered.

Bwahahahaha!!!!   I hear ya!!!!  ☺️☺️

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I simply can't decide which Kreeny/Pole moment was funniest:

Pole crawling into a trash bag like a demented python, whining while he roots for a nail clipper.

OR

Pole looking Kreeny in the eye and swearing up and down that he spends his days "networking" to find a job. Perhaps there's some kind of shit shovelers' union he can join?

And on another note, I will pay money -- good money -- if TLC promises never again to show me Michael and his family members expressing utter bewilderment at the possibility that a post-menopausal woman in her 50s might not be able to have more babies.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, endure said:

Honestly I don’t think it matters where she kissed him, it was not a normal greeting.  I think she’s a manipulative bitch.

Thank you!

image.thumb.jpeg.6c12fad5a297a4d35da08f4843ead5bc.jpeg

8 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Libby/Andrei. He’s an angry drunk. He is so disrespectful to anyone and everybody. I was over him when he kept cutting her off and asking if she was done expressing her thoughts. He is an entitled douche Lord who can’t buy a happy meal without her daddy’s money.

He is the BIGGEST ass at that table.  It may have been the alcohol but wtf I am not on his side in this debacle.

8 hours ago, Tango64 said:

Kalani was just being mean when she told Asuelo that he was making out with his mother. Sure, the kiss went on for a wierdly long while, and at least from one angle it looked like it was on the lips. But the man child was seeing his mother after a long time away and she was showing affection without demanding his wallet. Even if it looked odd to Kalani, she could have let him have that moment without turning it into something ugly. I mean, really, telling your husband that he was "making out" with his mom? That's seriously crass and hurtful.  Probably even more for an innocent like Auselo from his culture.

I thought at first that she was just lightly teasing, and when Asuelo demonstrated the kisses on Kalani it seemed they were going to brush it away with some playfulness. Nope, Kalani had to keep insisting it was something ugly until she succeeded in making her husband feel bad about being greeted so warmly by his mother. I don't blame him for walking off. 

Then Kalani talks to the camera with her big innocent cow eyes and says, "What? He's just so sensitive." Typical mean ass bully bitch behavior.

I am no fan of Kalani, she is an asshole, but I would be saying the same thing if my MIL made out with my husband like that.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

My thoughts on last night’s episode of Happily Ever After: 

Coltee and Jessee and Debbieee: I don’t think Jess overreacted. She got out before he could pull the shit he did with Larissa. He was complaining after she left how violent she was and how he was hurt because she threw her shoes at him. Gimme a break. If they were in the USA he definitely would have called the cops on her. Like always smh.

And the way his ass tried to justify it-- she's just a friend, I'm allowed to have friends-- was just as fucked up. How many people have been ok w your "future fiance" lying to you about hanging out and talking to someone they banged recently? Not many. And if it wasn't a big deal, why did he hide then lie about it? Oh yeah, his hail Mary was desperate as heckkkkk 😂🤣😂🤣🙄 I was going to ask you to marry me!!! 😂😂😂⚰️ If you're lying to your potential fiance about hanging out with and talking to an ex fling, you are NOT ready to be married.

Kalani and Asuelu vs. Family Asuelu: I almost felt bad for Asuelu this week. I understand that in some cultures it is expected to have money sent to take care of the parents. However, I refuse to accept that this situation is cultural. It’s the terrible attitude when it doesn’t happen that gets me. I mean with David and Annie- he didn’t have all the money for the dowry but the parents agreed for him to send it in the future. It’s the unreasonableness of Asuelo’s mother that gets me. And his sisters have been here 12 years- they should understand that he is financially struggling! 

What bugged me the most is when the mom said the wife’s parents have money...so I think that’s messed up. They have money and they also have been helping, but doesn’t mean that they all should take advantage from them. 

And also, Kalani’s dad is Samoan and I don’t see him taking that approach .

There are grifters and greed in every “culture” around the world. Just as there are good and bad. The Bible is pretty clear about leaving your parents home and cleaving to each other. 

As a young country unfortunately here in the US our faith is being tested and every culture in the world sees it as a win to indoctrinate the US with their faith. It’s 99 percent of the reason for war either establishing faith or stripping citizens of any faith. We are showing weakness in not being involved or devote to any faith and that is a big deal to other countries- to them they see it as an opportunity.  Here in the US we are free, currently, to choose how to worship.  We can all see thru this show how important/the value  others see in the faith of their people and they see us easy and soft to manipulate. All of that allows us to be manipulated. Especially women where most other religions and countries see us as nothing more than property with no rights. The strongest thing an American woman can be to fortify her foundation and safety- is a Christian woman .

Grangela and Mycall: Angela is being completely selfish. True love would have her realizing that he badly wants a biological child of his own with his spouse. We all know couple that can’t have children and the fertile one decides they want the relationship more than the child....but Angela isn’t allowing Michael to decide this.  She’s pressuring him to stay committed to her no matter what, to not entertain the idea of a surrogate. I can never imagine denying the one I love what he so badly wants when I know for a fact I can’t give it to him. 

Pole and Kreeny: Eventually she is gonna go back to Brazil, and I hope she does.   Paul’s behavior is that of a manipulator/victim role play.  He does not have a clue about life and even his own mother has hung him out. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I know how you feel, I spent a year in Federal Way and now I want to write a congressman to pass a law to never let them step foot in Washington state!

I had to look up what Federal Way was, and it says it's the least safe out of 72 Washington cities.  Yikes! Glad you made it out okay.

1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Kalani and Asuelu vs. Family Asuelu: What bugged me the most is when the mom said the wife’s parents have money...so I think that’s messed up. They have money and they also have been helping, but doesn’t mean that they all should take advantage from them. 

The whole issue is ridiculous.  IF - according to Samoan culture - the adult children are obliged to send money to the parents, why should Asuelu's mother and sisters think that Lou should help pay Kalani's and Asuleu's living expenses?  Wouldn't it be expected that Asuelu and Kalani should give money to her parents, not the other way around?

I think the "culture" in Samoa (as in most of the world) is, "If I can guilt anybody into giving me money, it's my gain and their loss if they actually give it to me."

I was glad to hear Asuelu say at the end, "Kalani thinks my family only cares about me if I send them money.  I see now that she is right."  (paraphrased)

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, Honey said:

I had to look up what Federal Way was, and it says it's the least safe out of 72 Washington cities.  Yikes! Glad you made it out okay.

That makes me sad, I was in a fabulous neighborhood over looking Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains, up the hill from Redondo Beach.

4 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I don't think it looked that cold out. I am from Buffalo and we get a lot of snow and cold. I cn't tell you the last time I wore a hat or scarve. It's been years.

I don't think you can tell how cold it is or isn't from the tv or the lack of snow. My opinion was based on the fact that most of the adults had on coats and several had hats and scarves, and Kalani or her sister had said, she thought it was cold enough to freeze her eyeballs. 

1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

(Please don't perceive my comment as being snarky, as it's truly not.  When a child may have even the slightest developmental delay, early intervention can make all of the difference in the world for a child's education.)

As a sped teacher I agree.  If their income is lower they will qualify for sliding scale preschool and if there any speech delays they can be caught and corrected.

1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

And on another note, I will pay money -- good money -- if TLC promises never again to show me Michael and his family members expressing utter bewilderment at the possibility that a post-menopausal woman in her 50s might not be able to have more babies.

Me too.  My eyes hurt from all the eye rolling.  Do you all think he told them she is 46 and for some reason it could still be feasable?  I just want someone, ANYONE, to stand up and say:  "She is 55!!  She is a SMOKER!  She is OVERWEIGHT!  She has ANGER ISSUES!  Let's please stop this charade!"

50 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The whole issue is ridiculous.  IF - according to Samoan culture - the adult children are obliged to send money to the parents, why should Asuelu's mother and sisters think that Lou should help pay Kalani's and Asuleu's living expenses?  Wouldn't it be expected that Asuelu and Kalani should give money to her parents, not the other way around?

I think the "culture" in Samoa (as in most of the world)is, "If I can guilt anybody into giving me money, it's my gain and their loss if they actually give it to me."

I was glad to hear Asuelu say at the end, "Kalani thinks my family only cares about me if I send them money.  I see now that she is right."  (paraphrased)

I thought that too - her parents are to support the the two of you yet the two of you are supposed to support me?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, winsomeone said:

If I were Coltee, I would get tested for STD. Jess admitted to 7-8 boyfriends in the US, and God only knows how many exes she has in Brazil? She seems to sleep with anything that moves.

If I were Jess, I would get tested for STD. God only knows how many exes Coltee has in America? He seems to sleep with anything that moves.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

If I were Jess, I would get tested for STD. God only knows how many exes Coltee has in America? He seems to sleep with anything that moves.

Well he probably has to pay and working girls insist on rubbers.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, evansmom10 said:

Cocaine possession, DUI, missed child support....

My post was in response to a post saying they have "prison records."  Everything in the mugshot gallery everybody references is an arrest (including ones for driving with a suspended license).  Nothing about any convictions, never mind prison sentences.

Just trying to be accurate.

6 hours ago, magemaud said:

I had to laugh at Chuck's "What if Andrei had knocked out my son and he had to go to the hospital?" which made it sound like he had no confidence that Charlie could defend himself in a bar fight, especially against a former professional bouncer.

That sounds like how Charlie took it, too.  Much to my amusement. 

I also love Charlie denying he was provoking Andrrrrei* right after calling Andrrrrei an asshole to his face.

*Odd that the locals pronounce "Andrei" without Libby's flourish. 

9 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

I don't think you can tell how cold it is or isn't from the tv or the lack of snow. My opinion was based on the fact that most of the adults had on coats and several had hats and scarves, and Kalani or her sister had said, she thought it was cold enough to freeze her eyeballs. 

That dark damp cold in the Pacific Northwest is really something.  It feels much colder than what you'd expect from the 45 degrees on the thermometer.  A scarf around the neck is a lifesaver.

2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

What about having nothing to give doesn’t Asuelo’s family understand.  First of all do they know he works in a yogurt shop handing out samples. 

Since they're his family, maybe they know that that's not his only job. 

What I couldn't get over was how much they spent on food (although someone pointed out that TLC no doubt paid for it).  But claiming poverty when ordering so much there's not a chance all of it will be eaten bugs me.

1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6c12fad5a297a4d35da08f4843ead5bc.jpeg

See, that looks to me like she's kissing him on the cheek near his mouth.  It looks like her nose is bumping into his cheek higher up, and her face isn't angled so that their mouths would line up.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I do not believe for one minute that Colt has had as much action as he has implied!  He does not strike me as a "generous" guy in that regard!

3 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What I couldn't get over was how much they spent on food (although someone pointed out that TLC no doubt paid for it).  But claiming poverty when ordering so much there's not a chance all of it will be eaten bugs me.

I agree - all that food was never going to get eaten.  I speculate production paid but it seemed like a waste to me, too.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I do not believe for one minute that Colt has had as much action as he has implied!  He does not strike me as a "generous" guy in that regard!

I agree - all that food was never going to get eaten.  I speculate production paid but it seemed like a waste to me, too.

Maybe the crew got to finish it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/8/2020 at 4:45 PM, KateHearts said:

Meanwhile, Colt is sitting there just thrilled that two- no, make that three- women want to sleep with him.  In his talking head he says very unconvincingly, "I'm really scared. I don't know what Jess is going to do."  In reality, he's feeling like the Don Juan of the franchise.

Tania wins the twisted expression award for the week  (after Syngin tells her she can be a hard drinker as well): "Yeah but those are far and few in between!"

Coltee really thinks he’s so gorgeous.  Guess, out of the trillion American girls in Vegas, he has to go get a green card wannabe who just wants to get here no matter if the guy looks like Frankenstein, and pretend they really love him.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, OFDgal said:

Maybe that's why it's an Airbnb. They couldn't sell it because it was known for its ghost by locals. Cause I believe too.

People seem to love ghosts.  I went on a haunted tour of San Francisco and the tour guide told us that rooms with a reputation for being "haunted" were often specifically requested by guests.  

My work colleagues once foolishly allowed me to pick the hotel we stayed at in San Antonio. I, of course chose the oldest and most haunted hotel*.  I didn't see a ghost but I definately felt a weird vibe when i.got to my first room.  The hallway was creepy as heck and I beat feet to my room.  

I was moved from the room because it was in need of repair.  

BUT, I later found out that that the same room in the floor above me had been the site of a grisly dismemberment and the killer subsequently jumped from the window.  Creepy!

*- I was never allowed to.choose.our hotel after that because apparently old hotels don't have as many electrical outlets as a boring old Westin/Hilton/Marriott. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The mother is such a nasty, greedy person.      What kinds of grand mother wants her son to give her, and her relatives in Samoa every penny, and then expect Asuelu to beg his in-laws for money to feed the grand children?   

I sincerely hope they were egged on by production.  But the mother and sister both seem like a nasty piece of work and the sisters insistence that kalani had no right to question her contribution seemed very authentic.  

I also think it's BS that the other sister is deaf and the only one who bothered to learn even a minimal amount of sign language was her sister.  Did this poor girl grow up not communicating with anyone in her family?  That seems so cold. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

My post was in response to a post saying they have "prison records."  Everything in the mugshot gallery everybody references is an arrest (including ones for driving with a suspended license).  Nothing about any convictions, never mind prison sentences.

Just trying to be accurate.

That sounds like how Charlie took it, too.  Much to my amusement. 

I also love Charlie denying he was provoking Andrrrrei* right after calling Andrrrrei an asshole to his face.

*Odd that the locals pronounce "Andrei" without Libby's flourish. 

That dark damp cold in the Pacific Northwest is really something.  It feels much colder than what you'd expect from the 45 degrees on the thermometer.  A scarf around the neck is a lifesaver.

Since they're his family, maybe they know that that's not his only job. 

See, that looks to me like she's kissing him on the cheek near his mouth.  It looks like her nose is bumping into his cheek higher up, and her face isn't angled so that their mouths would line up.

Food waste ALWAYS bothers me.  Hard stop.  

I'd bet that the vendors there just gave them the food for a slice of camera time.  All things considered it's probably not a huge cost to give someone a fancy grilled cheese for a few minutes on TV.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, OFDgal said:

I could see that house being difficult to sell because of the residential ghost. They may have a hard time listing it as an Airbnb after last night’s episode.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Most of the first hour of next week’s episode is now available on demand.  Warning, there is a deadly dull and long Darcey and Stacey preview, but it is at the end so you can bail without missing any HEA.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, spunky said:
5 hours ago, OFDgal said:

I could see that house being difficult to sell because of the residential ghost. They may have a hard time listing it as an Airbnb after last night’s episode.

I believe there are no ghosts, spirits, supernatural beings, etc.  Surely there are many like me; we wouldn't care if an AirBnb had that "scary" reputation (it might even be discounted!).  Same with a home where there had been a murder or a crime.  If it's cleaned and repaired properly, fine with me.

• Love 5

Angela’s gross habits really shine up against Michael’s aunt and sister. She literally can shove a fork full of cake in her mouth and while the fork is still in there have a conversation, laugh, evoke other guttural reactions.  What a pig.  I’m surprise she didn’t light up a cigarette while she was eating cake.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

im confused why the Nigerians think there is a possibility big Angela could have a baby.....do Nigerians have babies in their mid 50s?  NOBODY DOES>

Yes!  Do they not teach basic biology or reproductive science in Nigeria?  Or is it acceptable for a young man to marry an older woman and then a younger woman also in order to procreate?  (Both Angela and BGL have supposedly rejected such an arrangement).  Interestingly though, both Michael and Usman rely on their mothers' approval, in what is presented as a male dominated, patriarchal society...

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 8/3/2020 at 10:34 PM, magemaud said:

So Asuelu saw a ghost in the Air BnB at night when he went to poop? Mmmmkay

Between Paul and Asuelu, I don't know which one missed out the most when brains and maturity were being handed out. I can only shake my head at the women who are willingly involved with these idiots, while pitying their lack of work experience and/or education to see themselves out of their messes so their children will have healthy role models. Asuelu especially reminds me of the grade three/four egocentric behaviour of my former students. However, my students were always able to emotionally grow throughout the year and I do not see this growth with either Asuelu or Paul.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

I sincerely hope they were egged on by production.  But the mother and sister both seem like a nasty piece of work and the sisters insistence that kalani had no right to question her contribution seemed very authentic.  

I feel the same as you. Initially, I felt that NO WAY would a family agree to be filmed behaving like greedy scammers on national television (so I assumed this was scripted and staged). Yet, the sister/mother did seem authentic during their ridiculous demands, which were beyond rude. Surely I wasn't the only one to burst out laughing when the sister and mom demanded Asuelu hand over his paycheque, and insisted Kalani's 'rich' family comp the couple's family living expenses. As soon as Kalani asked how much the sisters were contributing, the response changed to "mind your own business". Both hubby and I had the spit/howl out loud, laughing, reaction. :) 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

Angela’s gross habits really shine up against Michael’s aunt and sister. She literally can shove a fork full of cake in her mouth and while the fork is still in there have a conversation, laugh, evoke other guttural reactions.  What a pig.  I’m surprise she didn’t light up a cigarette while she was eating cake.

Then again, some cultures appreciate lip smacking, burping, and other overt reactions in response to a consumed meal. In those circumstances, this is considered a compliment to the chef. On etiquettescholar.com Nigerian expectations are as follows: 

Dining etiquette for smoking: Do not smoke in the area where the food is served and wait to smoke until after the meal is over (women do not smoke).

Dining etiquette for the end of the meal: At the end of the meal, a small burp signifies satisfaction.

Dining etiquette for using your hands: Wash your hands before and after meals. Eat with your right hand only. If provided with fork or spoon, hold them in your right hand. Keep your left hand off bowls or serving items.

• Useful 3
9 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Of all of Coltee's partners, his computer has been the receiver of any 'generosity' he may have to 'share'. Of course, his poor computer probably has a variety of STDs, too. LOL.

Edited by Chalby
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Hey Kalani:  My sons are 21 and 22 and yes we give each other a very quick peck on the lips.  Nothing lingering like we saw last night, lol, but nothing wrong with affection between parents and kids.  So fight me.

I guess I am the only one who thought she was kissing him on the corner of his mouth/cheek. I have three sons 36, 34, 24 and a daughter, 32, and I would kiss them for an hour - all over their faces and necks, if I hadn't seen them for half a year. Mind you, I'd like to see Momma kiss Aseulu the same way after he said no to giving any money. She kissed him like that because she thought she had finally won the $1000 per month Kalani lottery.

• Love 5