Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Burnt Bridges And Bitter Truths

• Start Topic

Nice how Coltee was in agreement with mommy’s endless monologue about how awful Jess is and waited til the TH to say he created the problem when he lied to her about Vanessa still being around.  Those two are so beyond sickening.  

Chuck and Charlie are just asking simple questions. What’s the problem?  They’re American!  Painful to watch these ignorant ish stirring fools. 

Mildly interesting to watch Tania lose control over Synergy.  Dude is happy.  

Ang and Mahkul, still trying to figure out if this will work, while Pole tries to understand why his record is a problem, and hopefully Kalani is trying to figure out what she’s doing with that giant toddler.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Well, who had Asuelu in the “first 90 Day cast member to be filmed making out with their mom” pool? I should’ve known Colt was too obvious a choice.

She kissed his cheek.  I double checked.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Colt's mom, Deavan's mom and Ari's mom need to get their own show.  They all seem unable to let their grown children go.  

Syngin is finding out that making it in America is not easy, plus he's away from his family.  

If Libby's brother is "acting" shame on him.  Does he realize that he's NOT in America?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Syngin is finding out that making it in America is not easy

Making it? You mean his idea of becoming an opera singer bartender fireman? Yeah, that plan is going about as well as soap making witch doctor.

But I believe Tania's mother is a tradesperson which is an in demand career that she could probably provide a huge amount of assistance entering had he not been a lazy drunk that lives in her shed and steals her alcohol. 

Tanya is much worse both they both suffer from feeling entitled to whatever lifestyle they want doing whatever makes them feel special despite having no special skills, talents, ambition or education.

Most people just kind of have jobs that they are ambivalent about. Do you have any idea how many decent jobs there there are are doing things like a clerk in the county register office that require minimal education and you pretty much just need to be a not lazy fuckup to until you collect that sweet, sweet pension? They are actually kind of difficult to fill because no one wants to say they file and make copies for a living.

Edited by John M
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

In the 90's I used to listen to Marianne Williamson.  She said that there's nothing more honorable as being able to pay your bills.  Tania can make soap, she can also get a job in an office (not so much filing and making copies anymore, as everything is mostly online) that will pay the bills.  No one is saying that you can't pursue your dream, just get a day job that pays your bills so you can pursue that dream.

Or at least learn about your dream! I don't think there is anything wrong with being a bartender, I know a bartender that has been working at the same bar for decades, it's a very large bar, of the years he worked his way up to general manager and pulls down well over six figures and he still bartends 5 days a week (or at least did pre-covid). Being a bartender is a real, well paying career for some people, but not people that apply to a bar, have no idea what kind of bar it is and don't do any research to figure out bar knowledge for that type of bar like how to pour their most popular beer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 8/4/2020 at 1:34 AM, magemaud said:

So Asuelu saw a ghost in the Air BnB at night when he went to poop? Mmmmkay

Yet another piece of evidence that Assholeu has some learning issues. It’s something my 6 yo grandson might say. 

On 8/4/2020 at 9:13 AM, DiamondGirl said:

Debbie and her wart tried so hard to get baby boy to sleep in mama’s room 🤮

Trying to take a page out of Janice’s book.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 8/4/2020 at 7:19 PM, John M said:

Making it? You mean his idea of becoming an opera singer bartender fireman?

🎶La la la laaaaaaa.🎶

On 8/4/2020 at 8:42 PM, Neurochick said:

No one is saying that you can't pursue your dream, just get a day job that pays your bills so you can pursue that dream

Are you listening, Bibi? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 8/4/2020 at 12:34 AM, magemaud said:

So Asuelu saw a ghost in the Air BnB at night when he went to poop? Mmmmkay

I know a few people that are firmly convinced that there are ghosts, and spirits just waiting for them, and ready to pounce.     I know one lady that blames everything that goes wrong, or items she misplaces on spirits, or pixies.   There are some out there that firmly believe things that the rest of us don't take seriously.   In her case it's a matter of shifting blame when something goes wrong.   

I know a lot of people believe in ghosts, spirits, and other phenomenon, and that's fine.    However, wasn't the Airbnb fairly new?   Of course the house in Poltergeist was new too. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Larissa needs to get a good steady job, get a nice apartment & maybe a dog or a cat and forget about hopping from one creepy American man to the next. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, xls said:

Larissa needs to get a good steady job, get a nice apartment & maybe a dog or a cat and forget about hopping from one creepy American man to the next. 

I would suggest a hobby as well.  One that does not involve injections.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
On 8/4/2020 at 4:36 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Chuck just sits there, seemingly egging his son on. 

Did you notice he never stopped eating? Ha!  Chuck’s full of shit. Junior didn’t go outside because he was “amped up.” He went outside because Andrei’s friends quietly let him know that he was doing way too much and he was afraid he was about to become a bad smell in a Moldovan dumpster. Then he and his dad turn into total Karens after instigating the whole thing.

I completely understand Tania’s panic attack. Although my physical injuries weren’t as severe as hers, I still have lingering anxiety about being involved in a multi-vehicle accident a few years ago. Which makes it all the more baffling to me that she’s sitting in the car with Syngin and NOT wearing a seatbelt! Although he’s driving like Mr. Magoo, at least he’s wearing a seatbelt properly. Hers, if she’s even wearing it at all, appears to be across her waist only. I noticed she’s now wearing bras, but can’t be arsed enough to put on her seatbelt for a few minutes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I wouldn't call their behavior racist. I would call it rude, accusatory, ignorant, provocative, inflammatory, insensitive, ungrateful and embarrassing. And the worst part? Libbie. I could not believe how she immediately turned on Andrei and accused HIM of "treating my family this way." She was positioned perfectly to put a hard stop on the entire conversation by saying, "Dad, Chuck- Andrei's past is the past. Whatever reasons he had for leaving Moldova aren't relevant now. That was before we met; we're married and have a child. Let it go." But no... she turns on him. To me, that's a cardinal rule as a spouse.  Yes, your husband might be a jerk sometimes. Everyone has their moments. But they were dogging him relentlessly and I don't blame him for getting fed up. Discuss your disappointment in how he handled it later. IN PRIVATE.

There seems to be a common thread of "what'd I do???" on the part of the Americans this episode when they know exactly what they did and their manipulative behavior is not okay.  Witness Chuck: "All I wanted to do was hang out tonight and get to know Andrei's friends and look! He blew up!" No, Dad- you had an opportunity to shut your asshole son up and you sat and watched it all unfold. Then afterwards, they still wouldn't let up: "You're just gonna leave us here with your friends? You're going to leave??!"  And Chuck's final shot: "Classy."  They suck

100 per cent spot ON.  I have nothing to add!

• Love 9
17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I know a few people that are firmly convinced that there are ghosts, and spirits just waiting for them, and ready to pounce.   

I realize that he, like many people, probably does believe in ghosts/spirits, it was more his telling everyone he saw the ghost when he went "to poop" that I found amusing. It would have scared the poop out of me, for sure! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, KateHearts said:

But they were dogging him relentlessly and I don't blame him for getting fed up.

The whole interrogation began on the car ride from the airport after Chuck first determined whether or not they had Walmarts and ate salad in "Maldova." When Andrei refused to answer their questions, Chucklefuck and Junior threatened to get the the whole story from his brother and/or friends. Just a thought, if they were so concerned, maybe they should have had a background check done BEFORE THE FIRST WEDDING? 

• Love 18

Just watched the 20 minute first look.

Debbie was very pleased that she is getting her son back. She did speak the half truth that Colt found another Larissa. However, Debbie is still the interloper in Colt's relationships unless she likes the girl he chooses.

Do these hotels not have closets to stick your suitcases?

Asueulu and Kalani met his family by an LRT station in Portland? His mom was a little too kissy for most people's liking. Not sure he really defended himself. And why he was he the one who was sitting with the baby carriage and Kalani was standing on the train? Who knows if he saw a ghost. I am sensitive to energies and can sense different ones. Have seen and smelled ghosts/residual energies a few times.

Tania, you were in a serious car accident and injured your leg. Why are you not wearing a seatbelt in the car? Wasn't too interested in Syngin's brother. Maybe my interest will perk up more on Sunday.

• Love 6

"The exact same thing is happening again." Yes, Debbie, once again butter wouldn't melt in your mouth as once again you manipulate the players in an attempted coup d'etat rife with selfishness. I think you overplayed your hand with the suggestion that Coltee sleep with you because Jess "might come in and hit you on the head and knock you out." Please. Too bad your trying to lead him around by the nose didn't succeed. Yet.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 8/3/2020 at 10:44 PM, magemaud said:

If Tania is having panic attacks about riding in cars, maybe she should put on her seat belt.

TANIA!   Seatbelt!     TLC:  You're an accessory!  

6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Tania, you were in a serious car accident and injured your leg. Why are you not wearing a seatbelt in the car?

TANIA!  Seatbelt!   TLC: You've been warned.

20 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Which makes it all the more baffling to me that she’s sitting in the car with Syngin and NOT wearing a seatbelt! <SNIP> Hers, if she’s even wearing it at all, appears to be across her waist only. 

DINGBAT!  Seatbelt!    TLC....and just wait for tomorrow's comments!

The only way Syngin will live happily ever after is if he stays in South Africa.  I'll be happy about that too.

Tania will never be happy...anywhere.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
On 8/4/2020 at 11:41 AM, Neurochick said:

Colt's mom, Deavan's mom and Ari's mom need to get their own show.  They all seem unable to let their grown children go.  

Ding Ding Ding!!! New spinoff show!!! 

And so many other possible guests on this but I agree for starters, these 3 would be ratings gold.

Edited by Polliwollidoodle
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Ding Ding Ding!!! New spinoff show!!! 

And so many other possible guests on this but I agree for starters, these 3 would be ratings gold.

Couldn't we just move them over to "sMothered"?  I already don't watch that, so adding these three to it would just make my life a little bit less cluttered.

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, renatae said:

"The exact same thing is happening again." Yes, Debbie, once again butter wouldn't melt in your mouth as once again you manipulate the players in an attempted coup d'etat rife with selfishness.

"I REALLY had no idea that Jess would have a problem with Vanessa at the house watching the cats..." (while barely hiding her smirk) BTW, didn't she make it sound like Vanessa was also house sitting? 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

The only way Syngin will live happily ever after is if he stays in South Africa.

He'd probably be happier back working in the mines than he is with Tania. 

I just find him exhausting! He's one of those people I can only take in "very small doses." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

"I REALLY had no idea that Jess would have a problem with Vanessa at the house watching the cats..." (while barely hiding her smirk) BTW, didn't she make it sound like Vanessa was also house sitting? 

I don’t know why anyone would care who is looking after the cats and checking on the house. Maybe Vanessa life’s close or is able to house-sit. Debbie makes it sound like Vanessa and Coltee are almost living together.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Debbie makes it sound like Vanessa and Coltee are almost living together.

while insisting that Vanessa is doing the cat sitting because she's HER friend. But remember that Colt admitted to lying to Jess about no longer speaking to Vanessa after he was being grilled by her au pair friends in Chicago. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

Meanwhile, Colt is sitting there just thrilled that two- no, make that three- women want to sleep with him.  In his talking head he says very unconvincingly, "I'm really scared. I don't know what Jess is going to do."  In reality, he's feeling like the Don Juan of the franchise.

Tania wins the twisted expression award for the week  (after Syngin tells her she can be a hard drinker as well): "Yeah but those are far and few in between!"

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 8/4/2020 at 11:41 AM, Neurochick said:

It needs to include Jihoon's mom and Pole's mother.  

• Love 5
On 8/4/2020 at 8:28 PM, LEILANI2 said:

Ugh no, a bunch of racist assholes all with prison records of their own come to his country and eats at his parents home and tries to start shit deserve a beat down.

Who has prison records of their own? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Who has prison records of their own? 

The couples thread has a link to a collection of mug shots from arrests.  I don't see anything there about about convictions, or jail time, or prison time, even for the smaller number of arrests that were for something other than driving with a suspended license.

• Love 2
On 8/6/2020 at 10:19 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I would suggest a hobby as well.  One that does not involve injections.

How about any job while she’s waiting.  In a beauty parlor, any place where you can work off the books.  She just wants to mooch off everybody .. any guy .. her girlfriend again, like it’s coming to her.  Instead of saving her money from her Father, she gets unnecessary surgeries.  Some Americans can’t even afford a cell phone.  She has an I phone, nails done, etc.  I wish they would deport her.  I can’t stand to look at her face anymore.

• Love 14