Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Burnt Bridges And Bitter Truths

• Start Topic

On 8/6/2020 at 7:50 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I know a few people that are firmly convinced that there are ghosts, and spirits just waiting for them, and ready to pounce.     I know one lady that blames everything that goes wrong, or items she misplaces on spirits, or pixies.   There are some out there that firmly believe things that the rest of us don't take seriously. 

The ghosts thing is something that you sometimes have to experience yourself to believe.  As a person who's had more than a couple of these experiences, I can say, even when it's happening, you're trying to convince yourself that it's NOT happening, partly out of fear.  I have only told a couple of people because people often do think you're crazy. I currently work at a school in which I did personally see something a couple of years ago, as have other teachers, custodians, and a security guard (who HATES to be called to our school at night.) Some students have seen things, and because they're kids, they're often not believed.   I believe Asuelu and Kalani may have seen something.  This may be the least weird thing about those two!

• Love 14

Please tell me the "where is my money?" by Asuelu's mother is just for a storyline.  Surely, no one can be that greedy and on national television, to boot.  

I don't believe there is anyone with the possible exception of Michael's family who would believe that Angela can still reproduce, naturally.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20

In Hawaii alot of the old homes have ghosts. It's not something you have to believe in.

Libby is unbelievable. The only thing more unbelieveable is that if this was really true and not scripted Andrei would be over it already.

Poor Deb is sad she couldn't convince Colt to sleep in her hotel room.

Edited by Leilani
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Angela and Mykull: She can't have a baby unless she finds a donor and goes through a very expensive process. Surely there are other American women who would be happy to help out with a Green Card. It's always a case of she's done, or you won't marry her because she can't have any kids. The wedding cake samples looked tasty. Stylish Aunt Lydia is pretty wise. Michael, there is no American Dream for you until the US Administration changes and Nigerians are welcome in the country. You wasted a lot of time, unless you really do love Ange.

Tania and Syngin: The two soulmates. Or rather, airboot mates with Tania and Syngin's brother. Tania, it is probably against the law to not have a seatbelt on. You can easily put one on yourself now. Syngin may go in to bad habits again by drinking with his buddies. Tania just has craft and market stuff with Syngin's family. Hey, maybe buy some South African jewelry or find an artisan and co-sell it!

Pole and Karine: He has 8 weeks to find a job. Go back to Brazil. Yeah, it sucks to live where you can hear a train. They don't run every minute and eventually you do get used to train noise. Maybe not next door, but you do tune it out. Karine, you can also look in to some stay at home job opportunities.

Andrei and Libby: That dinner was just primed for a family brawl. Andrei is not a good drunk. He is a nasty drunk. If Andrei has to spill his guts about everything in his life, so should Libby and ALL her family members. There are things that Andrei is not obliged to share. No one really handled anything well, and if it was just for drama, it worked. Hopefully they will all sleep it off, Andrei will buy his wife some flowers and apologize to her. And maybe the rest of us can eat some nice dessert.

Kalani and Asuelu: Why did they all meet at what seemed to be the Portland Central LRT station? Why was his mom kissing him on the lips? It made everyone uncomfortable. Why did they go to some food truck place? Nice of Asuleu to pay for a spread of various items from the trucks, but it gave mom and his family ideas. The money thing that he thought might go away reared its ugly head. Mom was not happy that the $1000 did not come with her son. $100 is a nice gesture that could go to buying herself a little gift, or a haircut, or something special, but it wasn't enough. She knows her son is not rich and that he has a wife and two kids. I did like him standing up to her a bit and I did like Kolini asking if his sisters also gave money. Of course they shut up and everyone huffed and puffed and blew the food trucks down.  Mom Asuelu behaved very poorly and worse than an aggressive panhandler. Surprised she didn't shake out her son's pockets looking for cash. What an awful way to be around your son and has family. The ghost part was funny. It is very possible to encounter them anywhere. Some people are more sensitive to energies than others.

Larissa and Eri-ee: Well that was a bust and now she has to beg Carmen to let her stay with her again. Save some of the money from the plastic surgery and get your own apartment. Problem solved. Can't imagine what she sees in Eric-ee except a cheap place to stay. And Carmen really needs to set and enforce some boundaries with her. Maybe go back to Brazil, Larissa. Think about it.

Coltee and Debbie and Jess: Debbie has still got it. She used her 'friendship' with Vanessa to play her son and his girlfriend like a fiddle. Well done, Debs! You don't want your son being with any woman except you. Coltee needs to find the courage to move out, or help you find a seniors apartment and pay for part of it. Find your own friends, get some interests besides wanting to keep your husband-son, and let him live his own life and make his own mistakes. Jess probably should not have flown off the handle - but lie after lie after lie will do that to you. The poor shoes and Coltee did not get the message that they were done and that mommy was waiting with the pull out bed for him to have one good night's sleep in Brazil. Ugh.

• Love 11

Edited to remove my previous comment. It looked like Asuelu and Mom kissed on the lips... Thank you to whoever pointed it out that it was the cheek. It didn't look like it but, okay.

Edited by nb360
remove earlier comment
  • Love 1

What's with the airbnb obsession on the show?  When family visits, they stay with family, right?   Nice hypocrisy from Mother Asuelu - it's fine for Kalani's family to pay for Kalani, but Asuelu needs to send money to her. Also if Kalani and Asuelu fly into Portland, get an airbnb in Portland, and visit with Asuelu's family in Portland, in what way are they visiting Washington?  Leave my state out of your drama!

Andrei's brother seems to have a good head on his shoulders.  Andrei's father seems like a doting grandparent.  Everybody else sucks in that storyline sucks.  

Eric walking out of the house shirtless while brushing his teeth.  Sure, why not?  And the 1 storyline where it would make sense for someone to spend the night in an airbnb?  Nope, Larissa will just spend the night in her bedroom just down the hall from Eric.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 8/3/2020 at 8:35 PM, kendi said:

That was a long ass kiss. Shudder. Another smothered couple. 

I loathe Charlie and Chuck. This has carried on way too long... this one night is three episodes too long and it's sickening to watch. 

Angela, just go home. You could never carry a baby and pressuring Mykul to decide to end the relationship, knowing he wants children, is just mean. Go away. TLC, drop her please. 

All of the couples on this season are despicable, I don’t know why I even watch.  I also can’t stand the series with Big Ed and the stupid girl from Seattle that is on tomorrow night. And I sure won’t be watching the series about Darcey 😤 Maybe I’m getting 90 Days done!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 8/3/2020 at 10:29 PM, magemaud said:

I see Debbie brought her Hurri-cane to Brazil! 

Yeah what’s up with that, I’ve never noticed her using or needing it.....but I admit I miss a lot between dozing off and doing other stuff.

• Love 1
On 8/4/2020 at 12:37 PM, bichonblitz said:

Larissa really needs to get control of that temper. 

Larissa really needs to finally get control of that temper.   deported. That gay man and his Honda Civic is not going marry you girlfriend (no offence to Civic drivers, I drove one until 2018).

All that money on plastic surgery and she has terrible acne. I wouldn't normally mention but she is such a heinous person that I can't help it. Enough already. 

2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Please tell me the "where is my money?" by Asuelu's mother is just for a storyline.  Surely, no one is can be that greedy and on national television, to boot.  

I don't believe there is anyone with the possible exception of Michael's family who would believe that Angela can still reproduce, naturally.  

She might be able to give birth to a pack of Marlboro's but that's about it! 

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 10

in defense of Tania (UGH!) I think she has the seat belt on but only does the gut click. You can see it's very close to her side. It might be uncomfortable on her neck because she's so short and those giant udders are in the way

Edited by The Goon
  • Love 3
On 8/4/2020 at 5:58 AM, Kangatush said:

She kissed his cheek.  I double checked.

1 hour ago, nb360 said:

Edited to remove my previous comment. It looked like Asuelu and Mom kissed on the lips... Thank you to whoever pointed it out that it was the cheek. It didn't look like it but, okay.

I saw lips.. there was more than one kiss.  There was a double kiss, on cheeks, I think first and then a really really long kiss on the mouth (from what I could tell).  It was gross.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nb360 said:

Honestly I don’t think it matters where she kissed him, it was not a normal greeting.  I think she’s a manipulative bitch.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, endure said:
On 8/4/2020 at 1:29 AM, magemaud said:

I see Debbie brought her Hurri-cane to Brazil! 

Yeah what’s up with that, I’ve never noticed her using or needing it.....but I admit I miss a lot between dozing off and doing other stuff.

I don’t always pay close attention, either, but I have never once seen Debbie using a cane. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Please tell me the "where is my money?" by Asuelu's mother is just for a storyline.  Surely, no one is can be that greedy and on national television, to boot.  

That has got to be made up like his mom saying "Im done!"  Funny how they all use that line.😏

29 minutes ago, magemaud said:

With those dark circles under her eyes, Larissa looks like she’s auditioning for “The Walking Dead” 

All that money spent on PS & she still looks like a monkey.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I felt bad for Asuelu when he realized that his mother is using him. 
I like Andrei’s brother and friends more than I like Andrei.  Interested to see where these 2 will be in 20 years. I don’t think they’ll be together. 
Tania is the least fashionable 30 year old I’ve ever seen. 

• Love 15
On 8/7/2020 at 1:02 PM, Neurochick said:

Libby is an idiot.  She is married to Andrei, she has a child with him.  Why was she screaming at Andrei, "Don't yell at MY FAMILY."  

Isn't Andrei her family?  

No, because she's still too dependent on all of them to be a partner to Andrei.  They're all ridiculous.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Angela and Mykull: She can't have a baby unless she finds a donor and goes through a very expensive process. Surely there are other American women who would be happy to help out with a Green Card. It's always a case of she's done, or you won't marry her because she can't have any kids. The wedding cake samples looked tasty. Stylish Aunt Lydia is pretty wise. Michael, there is no American Dream for you until the US Administration changes and Nigerians are welcome in the country. You wasted a lot of time, unless you really do love Ange.

Tania and Syngin: The two soulmates. Or rather, airboot mates with Tania and Syngin's brother. Tania, it is probably against the law to not have a seatbelt on. You can easily put one on yourself now. Syngin may go in to bad habits again by drinking with his buddies. Tania just has craft and market stuff with Syngin's family. Hey, maybe buy some South African jewelry or find an artisan and co-sell it!

Pole and Karine: He has 8 weeks to find a job. Go back to Brazil. Yeah, it sucks to live where you can hear a train. They don't run every minute and eventually you do get used to train noise. Maybe not next door, but you do tune it out. Karine, you can also look in to some stay at home job opportunities.

Andrei and Libby: That dinner was just primed for a family brawl. Andrei is not a good drunk. He is a nasty drunk. If Andrei has to spill his guts about everything in his life, so should Libby and ALL her family members. There are things that Andrei is not obliged to share. No one really handled anything well, and if it was just for drama, it worked. Hopefully they will all sleep it off, Andrei will buy his wife some flowers and apologize to her. And maybe the rest of us can eat some nice dessert.

Kalani and Asuelu: Why did they all meet at what seemed to be the Portland Central LRT station? Why was his mom kissing him on the lips? It made everyone uncomfortable. Why did they go to some food truck place? Nice of Asuleu to pay for a spread of various items from the trucks, but it gave mom and his family ideas. The money thing that he thought might go away reared its ugly head. Mom was not happy that the $1000 did not come with her son. $100 is a nice gesture that could go to buying herself a little gift, or a haircut, or something special, but it wasn't enough. She knows her son is not rich and that he has a wife and two kids. I did like him standing up to her a bit and I did like Kolini asking if his sisters also gave money. Of course they shut up and everyone huffed and puffed and blew the food trucks down.  Mom Asuelu behaved very poorly and worse than an aggressive panhandler. Surprised she didn't shake out her son's pockets looking for cash. What an awful way to be around your son and has family. The ghost part was funny. It is very possible to encounter them anywhere. Some people are more sensitive to energies than others.

Larissa and Eri-ee: Well that was a bust and now she has to beg Carmen to let her stay with her again. Save some of the money from the plastic surgery and get your own apartment. Problem solved. Can't imagine what she sees in Eric-ee except a cheap place to stay. And Carmen really needs to set and enforce some boundaries with her. Maybe go back to Brazil, Larissa. Think about it.

Coltee and Debbie and Jess: Debbie has still got it. She used her 'friendship' with Vanessa to play her son and his girlfriend like a fiddle. Well done, Debs! You don't want your son being with any woman except you. Coltee needs to find the courage to move out, or help you find a seniors apartment and pay for part of it. Find your own friends, get some interests besides wanting to keep your husband-son, and let him live his own life and make his own mistakes. Jess probably should not have flown off the handle - but lie after lie after lie will do that to you. The poor shoes and Coltee did not get the message that they were done and that mommy was waiting with the pull out bed for him to have one good night's sleep in Brazil. Ugh.

I think Andrei's a jerk, but he's the only one in the whole scenario that actually had to be vetted, in order to come to the US.  We've seen that people who've been in real legal trouble generally aren't allowed to come to the US, so it's likely that Andrei's not a criminal.  Unethical, maybe, but not a criminal.  It seems, though, that most of Libby's family of origin have had legal troubles:  https://starcasm.net/90-day-fiance-elizabeth-potthasts-family-mug-shot-collection/.  And, her dad seems to have other issues:  https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/08/02/90-day-fiance-star-elizabeths-dad-chuck-might-be-running-a-business-scam-of-his-own/.  They're all jackasses.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

I haven't been watching because I dislike everyone except Mykul. After I cut The Silva Sisters and the Men Who Never Loved Them short because someone's ugly face popped up on my screen, scarring my retinas, I thought this episode started playing. No one is discussing what I was going to comment on, so I'm not sure now if it was a previous episode or if it was a Sneak Peak from the next episode. I'm guessing it was a Sneak Peak since the last ten to fifteen minutes was the Silvas preview, though. TLCs app crashed so I cannot be certain, but the next episode may be up.

• Love 1

So the best Larissa can do is Eric-ee living in that run down shack of a house without a penny to his broke ass name? You're really movin' on up, girl! He's quite a catch! She has accomplished nothing. Go home to your kids, act like a mother and stop fucking around here in the United States. It's not working out here for you at all. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, futurechemist said:

What's with the airbnb obsession on the show?  When family visits, they stay with family, right?   Nice hypocrisy from Mother Asuelu - it's fine for Kalani's family to pay for Kalani, but Asuelu needs to send money to her. Also if Kalani and Asuelu fly into Portland, get an airbnb in Portland, and visit with Asuelu's family in Portland, in what way are they visiting Washington?  Leave my state out of your drama!

They often use airbnb or other rentals so as to keep the cast members' real addresses unknown. Given all the wackos out there, I can't say that I blame them.

7 hours ago, The Goon said:

in defense of Tania (UGH!) I think she has the seat belt on but only does the gut click. You can see it's very close to her side. It might be uncomfortable on her neck because she's so short and those giant udders are in the way

She did put the seatbelt on, then put the shoulder strap behind her. It must be a thing, because I've seen other cast members do the same; Larissa, for one, IIRC.

Edited by Gobi
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Christina said:

I haven't been watching because I dislike everyone except Mykul. After I cut The Silva Sisters and the Men Who Never Loved Them short because someone's ugly face popped up on my screen, scarring my retinas, I thought this episode started playing. No one is discussing what I was going to comment on, so I'm not sure now if it was a previous episode or if it was a Sneak Peak from the next episode. I'm guessing it was a Sneak Peak since the last ten to fifteen minutes was the Silvas preview, though. TLCs app crashed so I cannot be certain, but the next episode may be up.

What could possibly be the Silva sister’s storyline?  Who could slather on makeup the fastest?  I can’t stand them now.  Their own show?  WTF?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 8/7/2020 at 9:38 AM, KateHearts said:

I wouldn't call their behavior racist. I would call it rude, accusatory, ignorant, provocative, inflammatory, insensitive, ungrateful and embarrassing. And the worst part? Libbie. I could not believe how she immediately turned on Andrei and accused HIM of "treating my family this way." She was positioned perfectly to put a hard stop on the entire conversation by saying, "Dad, Chuck- Andrei's past is the past. Whatever reasons he had for leaving Moldova aren't relevant now. That was before we met; we're married and have a child. Let it go." But no... she turns on him. To me, that's a cardinal rule as a spouse.  Yes, your husband might be a jerk sometimes. Everyone has their moments. But they were dogging him relentlessly and I don't blame him for getting fed up. Discuss your disappointment in how he handled it later. IN PRIVATE

Family Libby is the new Family Chantel. Its the exact same scenario. "A nice family dinner" falls apart because one side needles and baits the other, until someone loses it. Then it becomes a bone of contention, probably forever. Who can forget Chantel droning, every. single. week. "Pedro and his sister came to my family's house with a plan to attack my brother"? (forgetting that tiny, 100 pounds soaking wet Nicole was thrown to the ground and had half her weave snatched off her head?, while she was a guest in family Chantel's home?). Chuck and Chuck Junior,  swaggering around, talking trash and yapping about "AMERICA" are just like Karen, threatening to call Immigration, making a big show of taking off her rings, and waving her taser around. Libby's as bad as Chantel--running to her family to bitch about her husband and never taking his side. 

Its the same story, over and over and over. Its beyond stale. 

On 8/8/2020 at 3:14 AM, renatae said:

"The exact same thing is happening again." Yes, Debbie, once again butter wouldn't melt in your mouth as once again you manipulate the players in an attempted coup d'etat rife with selfishness. I think you overplayed your hand with the suggestion that Coltee sleep with you because Jess "might come in and hit you on the head and knock you out." Please. Too bad your trying to lead him around by the nose didn't succeed. Yet.

Debbie's glee was unbounded. She is so utterly dreadful I cannot even.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
52 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

What could possibly be the Silva sister’s storyline?  Who could slather on makeup the fastest?  I can’t stand them now.  Their own show?  WTF?

Stacey’s jackal-looking fiancé is coming from Albania for his 90 days.  Darcey has a new homely but young foreign guy as well.

46 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Chuck and Chuck Junior,  swaggering around, talking trash and yapping about "AMERICA" are just like Karen, threatening to call Immigration

Funny her name is Karen because that behavior fits the stereotype.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, futurechemist said:

What's with the airbnb obsession on the show?  When family visits, they stay with family, right?  

I wouldn't stay with any of my family members.  I'm allergic to dust and dog hair and am EXTREMELY picky about where I'll sleep.  Most of my family members (whom I love, but) have pets or tidiness issues.

Our power went out last night.  Our son lives nearby in a 5-bedroom house with his wife, two dogs and two cats.  I texted him when our power went out to see if his did (since he lives so close).  Nope.  His was fine.  And then he texted back, "You could come over here, but dogs and dust.  LOL."

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Angela sitting there telling Mykull’s family to respect him when she’s completely ignoring that he does want kids outside of a cultural expectation was rich. He said it in the TH, and he acts like he’s scared to tell her it’s not just because of the culture. She was rude and crass towards his family. Mentioning sex while cake tasting? She’s so trashy. I didn’t think it was possible for her to be even nastier than previous seasons, but she’s doing it so well.

Coltee got what he deserved. His meddling mother will never stop tanking his relationships. She’s moving them around like chess pieces and has taught him how to play the victim well.

Larissa needs to go home and take care of her children. TF is she staying in the States for? She’s not doing anything productive outside of evading the cops and showing she has hair trigger anger. Eric is trash for acting like a victim and talking about the sex with her to other people. He seems like the type to go talk about it with an ex or anyone who would listen.

Tania and Syngin. I don’t care about them. They’re so mismatched. Lust and sexual chemistry isn’t enough to make a marriage work.

Libby/Andrei. He’s an angry drunk. He is so disrespectful to anyone and everybody. I was over him when he kept cutting her off and asking if she was done expressing her thoughts. He is an entitled douche Lord who can’t buy a happy meal without her daddy’s money.

Pole is a loser. He’s sucked the youth out of Karine. She looks depleted and dead behind the eyes. Dealing with him, I completely understand why, though.

• Love 7

Kalani was just being mean when she told Asuelo that he was making out with his mother. Sure, the kiss went on for a wierdly long while, and at least from one angle it looked like it was on the lips. But the man child was seeing his mother after a long time away and she was showing affection without demanding his wallet. Even if it looked odd to Kalani, she could have let him have that moment without turning it into something ugly. I mean, really, telling your husband that he was "making out" with his mom? That's seriously crass and hurtful.  Probably even more for an innocent like Auselo from his culture.

I thought at first that she was just lightly teasing, and when Asuelo demonstrated the kisses on Kalani it seemed they were going to brush it away with some playfulness. Nope, Kalani had to keep insisting it was something ugly until she succeeded in making her husband feel bad about being greeted so warmly by his mother. I don't blame him for walking off. 

Then Kalani talks to the camera with her big innocent cow eyes and says, "What? He's just so sensitive." Typical mean ass bully bitch behavior.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, FurBabyMama said:

Why are kalani kids always in pajamas??? You’re going to visit family that you haven’t seen in a year, why wouldn’t you dress your kids up?? It seriously bugs me to no end. 

I agree AND if you are taking them to meet that family OUTSIDE, where are their coats and hats? I noticed most of the adults had coats on and several had hats and I think scarves.  The two babies, however, were riding in a wagon with nothing on their heads, in apparently the same pajamas from yesterday,  and a little blanket tossed inside. I am getting seriously worried about their welfare.

Edited by lilysmom
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, The Goon said:

I have giant udders, a belly and am short.  Seat belts are adjustable.  They can be worn as required by law without a great deal of discomfort.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I’m tired of Karine complaining. I have a nice house but live close to a train line-you get used to it. Of course Paul needs a job but she has a place to live and food. Tired of seeing Larissa: even if she lost custody of her kids she should be trying to build a relationship with them and not spending money on her joker like face.

• Love 9

Andrei and Libby's family were all "acting ugly" ( thanks Andrei's SIL). His brother was right,  both Andrei and Charlie are basically the same person and add alcohol into the mix and you have fireworks. 

Paul needs to explain to Karine that he is basically unemployable because of his felony.  I'm sure there is someone out there who will hire him, he just needs to keep looking.  I get that Karine is frustrated because he promised her the moon and the stars, but has only given her dust.

Asuelu's family had me rolling my eyes. Lots of immigrants take low level jobs and even domestic jobs until we can get where we need to be. SO I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY CAN'T WORK! Especially Asuelu's sister, she seems young enough to work at least three days a week. Yes Asuelu it appeared that you and your mom were making out.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I wouldn't stay with any of my family members.  I'm allergic to dust and dog hair and am EXTREMELY picky about where I'll sleep.  Most of my family members (whom I love, but) have pets or tidiness issues.

Our power went out last night.  Our son lives nearby in a 5-bedroom house with his wife, two dogs and two cats.  I texted him when our power went out to see if his did (since he lives so close).  Nope.  His was fine.  And then he texted back, "You could come over here, but dogs and dust.  LOL."

I’m so sorry I stayed at my sisters house in Florida for two weeks. We bought the food, I cooked the food, I cleaned up, blah, blah.  To boot, she doesn’t have house sprayed, so my husband said he saw palmettos walking around at night.  Staying in a hotel next time.  I live up north and still have my house sprayed for spiders every year.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, futurechemist said:

What's with the airbnb obsession on the show? 

I think it's easier for production because they don't need to get permission from hotel managers to film. I also think that some of the 90D participants don't want to be filmed in their homes. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Mouth or cheek that was uncomfortable to watch. I had to smile, tho, at Ansuelu’s childish glee at being able to buy the best of the best because TLC was paying. 

I don’t know if Larissa’s dark circles are real or TLC makeup for sympathy, but she looks dreadful. 

The macho macho man fight at the Moldovan restaurant seemed a bit of a set up. When the family Chantal fight broke out we saw film crew and producers quickly stepping in because it was real and someone could’ve been hurt.  TLC doesn’t want law suits. But last night was all drunken bluster and kind of silly. 

Syngin flew all that way because of his sick brother and then spent five minutes with him.  Maybe big boobs and seatbelt straps don’t mesh, but the strap tucked under the arm isn’t going to protect anyone.

Are Mykhul’s relatives going along with the joke for the money (are they even being paid?) because auntie must know Angela’s uterus ain’t toting anything anytime soon. I still don’t get Mykhul’s motives. He does seem to genuinely care for Angela... heaven knows why.

I can see why TLC forked out for Deb’s air ticket to Brazil. She’s playing temper tantrum Jess like a fiddle. 

I wish there was at least one couple I could root for. It’s all soap opera drama. 

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

The macho macho man fight at the Moldovan restaurant seemed a bit of a set up. When the family Chantal fight broke out we saw film crew and producers quickly stepping in because it was real and someone could’ve been hurt.  TLC doesn’t want law suits. But last night was all drunken bluster and kind of silly. 

Syngin flew all that way because of his sick brother and then spent five minutes with him.  Maybe big boobs and seatbelt straps don’t mesh, but the strap tucked under the arm isn’t going to protect anyone.

During the Moldovan restaurant scene, I kept wondering why the staff didn't intervene.  Yes, I know the restaurant was likely being paid to film there, and got free advertising (to a bunch of us Americans who will not likely be looking for a place to eat in Moldova in the near future).  Even so, between the swearing and the yelling, IF there were other diners, they should have gotten their meals for free.  If I'd have been there, I sure would have asked them to comp my meal if they weren't going to throw Charlie and Andrei out.  Or is their behavior a typical scene in a nice restaurant in Moldova?

One thing I noticed about Tania . . . she fell apart when Syngin took his foot off the brake and the car jerked forward about a foot.  Tears verging on hysteria (from a woman who wasn't even fully protecting herself because of the way her seat belt was hooked - one thing she COULD control).  Then she gets in a car with Syngin's mother who is blasting through traffic while chatting away.  I'd have been more worried about the mother's driving than what Syngin did.

Edited by AZChristian
Charlie, not Chuck (although Chuck is an a**hole, too).
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Tango64 said:

Kalani was just being mean when she told Asuelo that he was making out with his mother. Sure, the kiss went on for a wierdly long while, and at least from one angle it looked like it was on the lips. But the man child was seeing his mother after a long time away and she was showing affection without demanding his wallet. Even if it looked odd to Kalani, she could have let him have that moment without turning it into something ugly. I mean, really, telling your husband that he was "making out" with his mom? That's seriously crass and hurtful.  Probably even more for an innocent like Auselo from his culture.

I thought at first that she was just lightly teasing, and when Asuelo demonstrated the kisses on Kalani it seemed they were going to brush it away with some playfulness. Nope, Kalani had to keep insisting it was something ugly until she succeeded in making her husband feel bad about being greeted so warmly by his mother. I don't blame him for walking off. 

Then Kalani talks to the camera with her big innocent cow eyes and says, "What? He's just so sensitive." Typical mean ass bully bitch behavior.

She's a bitch. Like Chantel, and Libby, she needles her husband and treats him like dirt. Girl, you fucking married him. He was your choice. Now act like it. And seriously? You have no business throwing any shade, you'd rather hang out with your weird, creepy sister and braid each other's hair than attend to your marriage. 

57 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Stacey’s jackal-looking fiancé is coming from Albania for his 90 days.  Darcey has a new homely but young foreign guy as well.

Ha, I described him as "vulpine" once. Jackal works!

4 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I wish there was at least one couple I could root for. It’s all soap opera drama. 

And its the same drama, over and over. 

• Love 3

So Big Ang is just doing the whole "totin a baby" thing for the cameras, right? And her sex talk is for the audience, so we can comment about how outrageous she is, therefore making her a viable addition to the show right? I'm sure she's a crass loudmouth, but it's like she takes it to a new level and I suspect its because she knows that the longer she keeps piling it on, the longer the TLC paycheck continues. Wasn't she living in a trailer before with her extended family? Now she has a house. Things have turned out well for Big Ang. If and when Mykul gets to come to the US, I can just see her pitching a show about how crazy/funny its gonna be when Mykul comes to BFE. Shes the next Mama June and Michael can be Honey Boo Boo

The Asuelo money thing had to be producer driven. 

I'm over Libby and Andrei and her fake storyline. Sorry folks, apparently Andrei gets along fine with Libby's family. This whole thing was set up for the teevee. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I noticed that the diners in the background did not have their faces blurred. I suspect that either they were TLC employees, or were otherwise recompensed for being there.

• Love 3
On 8/4/2020 at 5:28 PM, LEILANI2 said:

Kalani is a bitch and liar and bullies Asuelo. Sure he's no prize and isn't the brightest and they use it against him.  Her whole family treats him like crap and he responds by being passive aggressive.

I feel gas lighted by the description box : ANDREI is out of control at dinner.  Ugh no, a bunch of racist assholes all with prison records of their own come to his country and eats at his parents home and tries to start shit deserve a beat down.

Preach, AMEN to all of this. Cannot stand Libby's racist, pig faced family and Kalani's crew is the WORST. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, evansmom10 said:

Preach, AMEN to all of this. Cannot stand Libby's racist, pig faced family and Kalani's crew is the WORST. 

Is EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING racist?  Maybe, they are ill mannered assholes.  Just sayin.  I can see her family acting this way under any circumstances.  Unlike his family which seem to be lovely people.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The couples thread has a link to a collection of mug shots from arrests.  I don't see anything there about about convictions, or jail time, or prison time, even for the smaller number of arrests that were for something other than driving with a suspended license.

Cocaine possession, DUI, missed child support....I wanted to see that doughy a-hole get a nice Eastern European beatdown from Andrei. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Florian thoroughly skeeves me out. I'm talking major "reformed krokodil addict" vibes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Watching Coltie waddle chase Jess all over that hotel was something else.  He is barely ambulatory at this point.  Put the fork down.

Have you seen what his doting mother feeds him? She doesn’t want him waddling away.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Yeah, that intellect was really on display when he said, "...because I wanted to poop."  

Spoken like a 3-year-old.  

I'm not even referring to the ghost comment, just the "because I wanted to poop" statement.  

How about, "I got up to go to the bathroom" instead...Or maybe the word bathroom is too "expensive" for him.  

I was ready to stab Chuck and Chucklefuck Jr. with a fork just because of the way they kept referring to everyone at the table as "dude."  

Grow the fuck up, you assclowns.  Everyone at that table had a name and they were introduced to you.  You're not frat boys.  Use your "expensive" words and show some fucking respect to your son-in-law's family and friends.  

Maybe some of the ugliest, most disrespectful American behavior I've seen on these shows.  

FTFY.  

And they can MISS ME with the whole: "In America, we are civilized". "In America, we treat people with respect" Sure, Jan. 

13 minutes ago, Kid said:

Is EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING racist?  Maybe, they are ill mannered assholes.  Just sayin.  I can see her family acting this way under any circumstances.  Unlike his family which seem to be lovely people.

Pretty much, pretty sure everyone is in some way. But, I'll stand corrected and call them: Xenophobic. That better? 

• Love 7