Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: I've Never Met My Fiancé

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

And Olivia was looking at Brett the whole time at the altar but Brett took much longer to look at her, and it also took him a long time to ask her any questions about herself. He says he’s attracted to her but his actions belie that.

Yeah that seems concerning. Also, Karen wasn't looking at Miles very much during the ceremony, even after she collected herself. Hopefully their talk afterward means she's giving IRL Miles a chance.

I agree with all who've said Karen's dress was beautiful & she looked stunning.

Second hand embarrassment for Olivia trying too hard. Probably nervous, but she doesn't realize he's not worth it. She needs to let him do some work & show some interest.

Woody bugs me. I wasn't impressed with his tears because they were for himself, again. He was sentimental about someone gushing over him; dude's totally in love - with himself. The attention he's showing Amani is creepy- 'gotta get me some of that' - attention, instead of the 'I want to get to know this lovely person I just married' attention she deserves. And to clarify I'm not saying grooms shouldn't flirt with their wives, but they typically already know each other so acting like he wants to get down with her is not creepy, but it's not cool when they're still strangers. Knowing he's been a playa isn't helping my opinion of his wedding behavior either.

13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought watching her pull out her boob and nurse interesting.  She's getting to be quite the little exhibitionist!  One scene hair extensions.  Next scene her breasts!  Well ok!ooh

Well I was so bored with it I was barely paying attention & totally missed that. I don't follow her SM but from reading Redditors they've pretty much had it with seeing all of her, all the time. From some of what they say I've been concerned she's really losing it.

Amelia is constantly hanging on someone or practically in their lap. She seems exhausting. I also didn't notice Amelia's pit hair, but was probably too distracted by the whole spectacle of her circus show. I've said before if she doesn't shave then put it out there so he knows, but I think he already does know that about her & more...

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Second hand embarrassment for Olivia trying too hard. Probably nervous, but she doesn't realize he's not worth it. She needs to let him do some work & show some interest.

YES!!! She's cute, smart, has a great job, Saints season tickets and discretionary 💲to travel. She's quite the catch. Brett would be a fool not to realize that.

Edited by ECM1231
  • Love 8

Just a reminder:

If it didn't happen in this episode or a previous episode, it is a spoiler.  Please tag spoilers in the episode threads or take the conversation to the Spoiler thread.

Thanks.

• Love 2

Gosh, why didn't they match....

-Olivia and Henry for the next Ashley/Anthony

-Christina and Brett for the next Beth/Jamie

so now are they going to figure that out when all of them are on the same honeymoon and same apt complex??

• Love 5
13 hours ago, gladitsover said:

Bennet's mom is a hoot!

She drove me crazy with her head cocked back to be able to look through her glasses that were too low on her nose.  

8 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Also, the way he always breaks into a shoulder-shrugging-dance annoys me.

Yes!  Once was cute.  But the "always" you noted grates, especially when it includes during the marriage ceremony.

5 hours ago, antfitz said:

I think Amelia and Bennett's marriage is doomed. Somehow they know each other, and if they didn't click when they met before,  I doubt they will click now.

I actually know a couple who went out on a date at one point and didn't hit it off, and then years later ran into each other again (pre-Facebook) and did hit it off and have been married for years.  They attributed it to being at different stages of life at the first date and the subsequent encounter, but I don't think that would apply to Bennett and Amelia because they're so young.  But you never know.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

JamieO will take a hard look at her Blue dress image on teevee and buy The Cousin It hair extension kit before next week’s Unfiltered.
The Lady Godiva  was not enough hair.

The Cousin It is a top of her head to the bottoms of her 5 inch red bottomed Louboutins Curtain of hair.

Bowler hat and round glasses will complete the look.

I hate the way she sits.  The legs hit you in the face first thing.  

• LOL 1
(edited)

I thought that Karen in her gown was absolutely beautiful. I do hope she decides to give sweet Miles the chance he deserves. She could be so lucky.

I think Amani was giving me Deonna vibes about being uncomfortable with getting close or liking compliments.And it will take her a while to trust him. I am wondering if he can wait, since he is so anxious to get things started.

Brett's family is just plain obnoxious. No wonder his mother didn't want to appear. I do hope that Olivia calms down and just lets things evolve so she isn't so busy trying to woo her spouse. What will they do if the cats don't get along?

I can't wait to get the story of the Dr. Weirdo and Mr. Bizarro encounter. She is way too much for me and her bridesmaids were ridiculous. Was he wearing white (probably dirty) socks with his tux? His mother was strange, but that just makes sense. And for her to have that reaction when  Amelia's bridal party made their entrance show that  it was even weird for her! Was that her side who were wearing masks and painted faces? Just too bizarro for me. And I can't stand those gross armpits. I, too, am surprised that she made it through medical school. I hope she ends up in research or pediatrics. Sick kids would like seeing their dr. with a bird's nest on her head.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, OnTime said:

so now are they going to figure that out when all of them are on the same honeymoon and same apt complex??

For drama purposes, Olivia and Henry would be like watching paint dry.

Mr. Bland meet Mrs. Bland...The Blands

They would never be able to enter a doorway because they would be politely deferring to each other...

You first...

No, you first...

No, Ladies First...

No, age before beauty....

Geez....

In real life, once the show is over then Olivia and Henry may find comfort and recover from MAFS together.

Just what Henry needs...to be friend zoned by yet another woman....

Christina's voice sounds tired of life...all her miserable boyfriends because she has a certain type that she visits and revisits time and time again...

Brett would just be a reaffirmation that even the "experts" have determined her type are asshats.

Brett is a runner, he won't stand his ground and get into a shouting match...he bolts.

Christina will just go silent, stew and brood.

20 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yes, and they were indeed dirty.

But they didn't have holes....

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I, like many, cannot wait to learn how Amelia and Bennett know each other. I rewatched the scene when they are standing across from one another. Difficult to discern Bennett's reaction based on his facial expression...the tone he uses when he says, "We have met before (or we have already met)" sounds negative. Her facial expression looked more shocked than anything else. 

• Love 6
Just now, Archer27 said:

I, like many, cannot wait to learn how Amelia and Bennett know each other. I rewatched the scene when they are standing across from one another. Difficult to discern Bennett's reaction based on his facial expression...the tone he uses when he says, "We have met before (or we have already met)" sounds negative. Her facial expression looked more shocked than anything else. 

Editing with a blunt machete by the MAFS editors can change the story line to deceive and mislead you so hold your horses on Bennett's  true reaction...

Yes, anticipation grows on the how and why their prior interaction...

Is it too much to hope it was a rom com cute meet?

Amelia's wedding guests look like Mardi Gras threw up on them...

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, HZAnita said:

I am very curious about the Amelia/Bennett thing.  At first he had this HUGE smile on his face when he saw her.  Then it got really awkward.  I kept thinking she treated him in the emergency room after he had some sort of weird theater/landscaping accident...?

I was thinking more some "social disease".

• LOL 6

Unfiltered is a 30 minute clip show that the Lifetime Channel has decided is so awful that they don’t bother to include on On Demand. I do think they should spread the misery and include It on their viewing menu so everyone who wants to watch can.

Thanks! Sounds like I should be grateful that we don't get it. I was having a bit of FOMO for a second.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I love the Australian MAFS.  I like how they have a weekly dinner for the participants ending with a weekly recommitment ceremony where couples can choose to end the relationship that night.    Not sure if having the participants meet weekly and discuss (i.e. compare) their marriages among themselves helps or hurts their decisions to stay together or not, but it sure is interesting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Editing with a blunt machete by the MAFS editors can change the story line to deceive and mislead you so hold your horses on Bennett's  true reaction...

Yes, anticipation grows on the how and why their prior interaction...

Is it too much to hope it was a rom com cute meet?

Amelia's wedding guests look like Mardi Gras threw up on them...

Speaking of guests...I was also trying to see if any of them - her side recognized him/his side recognized her - to determine how well they may have known each other in the past. Hard to tell - ugh!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

If Amelia took the bird and earrings off, had her hair done differently and put on proper makeup, she would be stunning.  She has a pretty face, but prefers to look quirky.   I loved the whole show so far.  All the dresses were beautiful.  Maybe after Australia, everything looked beautiful.  Australia is a mess all around, but I’m still watching even tho I don’t understand what they are saying.

So if Amelia changed everything about her appearance on her wedding day, she'd look good! 

I personally don't think she has a pretty face but I think it's because she reminds me of someone I know who drives me insane.

Turn on closed captioning for Australia.  It helps a lot, but with some of the guys, still not so much.  Even the cc say "inaudible" a lot of the time!  

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

This is going to bug me all season - hope they switch (not that anyone should have Brett).

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4

Another Miles fan here! He just seems like such a good guy. Has anyone mentioned his father’s advice yet? Never heard that analogy before and absolutely loved it- marriage being like a bank account. Deposit more than you withdraw. Hoping Karen warms up to him and they are a success story!

• Love 16
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

It’s a shame that Woody and Miles couldn’t go to each other’s weddings.

Oh, you never know..... Maybe they will meet up in the bathroom at the reception like Mindy and Jessica did.

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

I loved the irony that Karen was so concerned about Miles being emotional when she was the one crying during their ceremony.

I enjoyed the three weddings.  I really liked what the pastor said during Miles and Karen's wedding.  And, yes, because I am shallow-I really loved Karen's bouquet.

Brett couldn't even look at Olivia during the ceremony and didn't ask her any questions during their get to know each other segment.  He is so out of there.  

And, wow, I guess we learned about where former employees went when Barnum and Bailey closed their circus down.  The Bennett and Amelia segment ruined the episode for me as I had been enjoying it prior to their appearances.  I just "can't" with people who are so desperately trying to be the center of attention.  I guess it's best that they were paired with each other as I would hate for either one of them to inflict their need for attention and quirkiness on unsuspecting spouses to be.  Amelia seems to be the most "calculating" of how to be the mostest and specialest quirky person alive in the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD to me.  I think Bennett's look of disappointment was that he was obviously coming in second in that competition.  They are just exhausting to me and I think the producers love them so we will be seeing quite a bit of them.

Oh, and I thought for sure that I saw Miles and Karen at Woody and Amani's wedding.  There were several shots of them (I think)-Karen had her hair up and was in a blue dress.  Miles wasn't a groomsman but rather just a guest.  If I'm wrong it won't surprise me, but I thought I saw them there.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Between the two of them, Amelia and Bennett don't seem to be real hygiene enthusiasts. I guess at least they'll never fight about taking too long in the shower.

That's all I've got about this episode. This show has absolutely no business being two hours long.

Yeah, between the bacteria in his socks and her pits, maybe they could do an experiment and produce a penicillin formula or a COVID vaccine?

• LOL 20
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I thought I saw a glimpse of Miles at Woody's ceremony and at the reception but I may be mistaken.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

And, wow, I guess we learned about where former employees went when Barnum and Bailey closed their circus down.  The Bennett and Amelia segment ruined the episode for me as I had been enjoying it prior to their appearances.  I just "can't" with people who are so desperately trying to be the center of attention.  I guess it's best that they were paired with each other as I would hate for either one of them to inflict their need for attention and quirkiness on unsuspecting spouses to be.  Amelia seems to be the most "calculating" of how to be the mostest and specialest quirky person alive in the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD to me.  I think Bennett's look of disappointment was that he was obviously coming in second in that competition.  They are just exhausting to me and I think the producers love them so we will be seeing quite a bit of them.

"I KNEW I should have worn my sparkly cap!"

• LOL 19
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:
  2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I thought I saw a glimpse of Miles at Woody's ceremony and at the reception but I may be mistaken.

Me too!

But need to go back to see if Karen was seated next to him.

Me three!  But they cut to them pretty quickly during the ceremony, at least once, maybe twice, and I wasn't sure at the time if it was them.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, lizajane said:

Yeah, between the bacteria in his socks and her pits, maybe they could do an experiment and produce a penicillin formula or a COVID vaccine?

I didn't know that shaving under your arms could prevent disease.  Is it like that with all body hair?  

What I don't like about Amelia is, it's okay if you don't want to have a "traditional" wedding.  But then you can take it too far too.  Nothing wrong with the colors her bridesmaids were wearing, but what was with their hats?  That was extra.  It's like being quirky for quirky's sake.  Like, she just wants people to look at her.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

And, yes, because I am shallow-I really loved Karen's bouquet.

Oh, I love the bridal bouquets on almost all of the seasons.

Why do some brides not carry the bouquet when they are walking back down the isle after getting married? 

Karen didn't carry hers but Olivia did. 

• Love 1

I feel like Amelia and Bennett’s wedding should have taken place outdoors - like at a Renaissance Festival, next to some horses and a juggler.  That would help some of the human body smells disperse, at least, and if things got really bad there’s always the natural oils and soaps shoppe, where everyone could smear some patchouli oil under their noses.  

He mentioned he put on deodorant for a change, but I’m not sure he showered first. He can’t be bothered to brush his hair or wear clean socks.  She may be cleaner, but doesn’t look it to me. I would not be shocked if her antiperspirant routine is that she rubs crystals on her pits. Her face didn’t look washed, but maybe it was just bad make-up. It’s one thing to look like you’ve just spent 3 days in bed binge-watching Netflix when you’re at home, but I thought everyone would try to look and smell their best at their own wedding.  Feeling naive about that now!

I’m pretty surprised that Bennett and Amelia already knew each other in some way that seems ... not ideal. On paper I really thought they seemed like an excellent match. 

If Karen isn’t nice to Miles, she’s going to really get a whooping on social media.  He seems fantastic!  I haven’t made up my mind about Woody, yet, but he seems too interested in being the center of attention.  His type of energy would wear on me quickly. 

I wish Olivia had run away once she realized Brett’s friends and family couldn’t come up with anything good to say about him. Nothing but different forms of, “Brett’s a dick, try throwing food at him and get ready for a lot of frustrating conversations.”

I’m feeling very good about this season so far, it seems a lot more interesting than last season. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
20 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Why do some brides not carry the bouquet when they are walking back down the isle after getting married? 

This is what I've seen in weddings I've been in.

When the bride and groom are at the altar, the bride usually hands her bouquet off to the maid of honor.  

When the bride walks back down the aisle after getting married, she's usually arm in arm with the groom.  

If photographs are taken after the wedding, the maid of honor will hand the bouquet back to the bride.

Miles seems nice but he could wind up being an asshole, so you never know.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, lizajane said:

Sounds like I should be grateful that we don't get it. I was having a bit of FOMO for a second.

I do find it somewhat useful to try to parse out the true story of how things went (since it’s all filmed after the season is over). Let’s just say some people are better actors than others, and some cannot hide their disgust for certain participants. It was especially delightful and cathartic to see participants bagging on people like Luke and Matt. My favorite was Queen Kristine - she did not hold back on her feelings about Luke. Or just seeing Mindy’s face as she tries to discuss Zach.

Last night was frustrating seeing Pastor Cal try to justify choosing Brett, when it’s completely inexcusable.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Nothing wrong with the colors her bridesmaids were wearing, but what was with their hats?  That was extra.

The bridesmaids wore fringed net veils that resemble mosquito netting you wear to keep bugs out of your eyes, ears and nose when outdoors.

The fringe  made them look like bearded ladies..not a pretty or flattering look.

Their whole outfit was just mean to make people you love wear on camera.

3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

DVR reviewed carefully looking at every guest reaction shot to find a man in a dark brown suit who is built similar to Miles but is heavier, has a scruffier beard and is seated next to Woody's cousin, the short guy who gave the heartfelt toast at the reception.

Close but no cigar.

Evidence shows that Miles did not attend his bf's ceremony.

• Love 1

Always at the start of a new season I get all excited about what might be!

Right now we know not much. Mid season we’ve pretty much gotten a taste of each marriage. 

Last couple episodes we are all doctors and psychologists!

Gosh I love this show!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, rebel2u said:

I love the Australian MAFS.  I like how they have a weekly dinner for the participants ending with a weekly recommitment ceremony where couples can choose to end the relationship that night.    Not sure if having the participants meet weekly and discuss (i.e. compare) their marriages among themselves helps or hurts their decisions to stay together or not, but it sure is interesting.

I like this too. They don’t seem to interact that much outside of the dinners but they may just not be showing it. I like the stay/leave too. I wondered why they had so many couples but they have to if they are going to give people an out every week. I wish the US version really meant it when they say the couples can break up at the half way point. But we might end up with only one couple by the end so maybe not

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Irritable said:

He can’t be bothered to brush his hair

When  I mentioned this about Amelia as well, I was quickly schooled that one doesn't brush curly or wavy hair.  I then mentioned that perhaps he should get a better, more manageable haircut for his type of hair, as should Amelia and use some product. The two of them are a hot mess and I'd hope she would look a bit more put together at the hospital for her residency.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I’m trying to watch Filtered and confused that Woody and Brett on the same couch are they sheltering in place together?,

I wonder if it’s like other seasons where production has them all living in the same apartment complex. Since they got stuck in shelter in place while filming, maybe they just ended up staying there. They could’ve still filmed from their own apartment in the complex though so I don’t know.

Also for people who keep asking how to see Unfiltered, it comes on 30 mins before the newest MAFS episode. You can set your DVR to record both. FYI, fast forward is your friend. Too much replaying of clips you already saw.

image.jpeg.bc46336e5d59db33f8439310d877fc6d.jpeg

I was looking at the Bennet/Amelia wedding pictures. Yea, his face says it all. Underneath Bennet’s quirkiness is a genuineness and groundedness that Amelia doesn’t have. I bet he thinks her quirkiness is obnoxious... cuz it is. But, I guess men who live in pretentious tiny houses should not throw stones, eh Ben!

During the Karen/Miles wedding, Karen was doing that thing where you mentally leave your body and pretend you’re not really there. Poor thing. You could look at her eyes and see that no one was home. When she got to that part in the vows where she broke down crying, she was thinking about something or someone else. The whole look on her face was pure regret. I wonder if she was supposed to marry the two-timing baby-maker ex-boyfriend.

I'm so worried that they saved the Henry/Christina wedding for last because it’s going to be a doozy. Their wedding pictures don’t look that bad though. If she is the villain and he’s the doormat, his girlfriend-friend-of-the- friendzone-friendship will definitely put Christina in her place. I hope to see it.

• Love 5

I don’t have a DVR but I just checked Spectrum on demand and they have them there if anyone has them as a provider. 

Karen is gorgeous. Love her dress the most. I hope she stays open to love. Miles is a sweetheart. 

• Love 4

When  I mentioned this about Amelia as well, I was quickly schooled that one doesn't brush curly or wavy hair.  I then mentioned that perhaps he should get a better, more manageable haircut for his type of hair, as should Amelia and use some product. The two of them are a hot mess and I'd hope she would look a bit more put together at the hospital for her residency.

My hair is straight as a board so I have no idea - but I know many curly and wavy haired people whose hair looks neat and well groomed, so I know it's possible. Honestly in this photo it looks like Amanda's hair was teased and sprayed and knotted up to make it even more of a mess.

Residency? Ponytail all the way. It's one of the things Grey's Anatomy portrays in a pretty realistic way - Grey and Yang and all the other long-haired docs always had plain ponytails. That's all you have time for and you definitely don't want your hair hanging in your face, or worse yet, falling into your patient. 

I bet he thinks her quirkiness is obnoxious... cuz it is.

Neither of them are my cup of tea but thus far, Barrett seems more genuine. Amelia's quirky/kooky-ness definitely seems like an affectation. I find her annoying. 

• Love 9
(edited)

At least Brett’s brothers make him look reasonably attractive in comparison. He was definitely on his best behavior so hopefully he can keep his bravado in check. Olivia is a darling and hopefully Brett can make himself worthy of her love. 
I’m not uber religious but I did enjoy the praying before Armani’s and Karen’s wedding for both the bride and groom. 
Woody is kind of a shrimp sandwich. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Hoo boy, a lot to unpack this episode. First of all, have we ever seen nighttime weddings before? I kind of like them. Maybe they're cheaper, so that's why MAFS opted for them.

Karen - looked gorgeous; loved her dress. Her mom is beautiful. I'm glad she went through with the wedding, and she seems to be warming up to Miles. She loosened up a bit during the photos.

Miles -  super sweet guy. Good sense of humor, seems very caring and kind. I liked his vows. 

Olivia - looked pretty but I'm still not a big fan of her dress and it didn't fit her well. She is so sweet though, and you can tell she's smart. She seemed awfully nervous during their get-to-know-you chat though. Her mom is beautiful as well. 

Brett - better than last episode but still kind of a jerk. Brothers seem obnoxious and full of themselves. Poor Olivia was probably wondering what she got herself into when she heard all the crap about him at the wedding. Brett is saying the right things but I don't know if he's really attracted to Olivia. I keep envisioning Zach and Mindy 2.0.

Amani - looked super pretty, her dress fitted her amazingly. Loved how supportive her father and stepfather were. Liked her vows. She seems attracted to him right away so that's awesome.

Woody - loved his glasses. His vows were really nice. He seems smitten with her right off the bat. They hit it off so well at the altar, and they were even cuter during the photos. Woody's mom and grandma seemed very sweet. And his cousin - that speech was so touching.

Amelia - oddball. I still like her but I'm moving towards maybe not liking her, if that makes sense. Her dress was not bad but those earrings were atrocious. I don't even have words for the bridesmaid dresses and veils. Like, what was the reasoning behind that selection? And we thought Bennett's sparkly cap was bad.

Bennett - ok, so we know he's a bit of a slob. I don't think Amelia is the type to be bothered by it though. I liked his pebble necklace gift - that was more thoughtful than I would have given him credit for. Poor guy looked bewildered when the bridesmaids entered. I wouldn't have blamed Bennett if he had run after seeing that circus come down the aisle. Then he looks flabbergasted and annoyed (?) when he sees Amelia. Not a good beginning for these two. On paper they seem like the perfect match - in person maybe not so much. Can't wait to hear their history. I liked his mom, Deb.

Henry and Christina - ugh, she looks like she's going to be a bridezilla. I'm worried for him.

• Love 11
(edited)

Team Miles here. I always feel I need to add the disclaimer, “for the time being” since as things progress crap rears it’s ugly head and I’m off anyone’s team train. I’m hoping Karen gives him a chance. I can’t tell if she will or is just trying to look like she’ll try. 

Brett’s family is a big ole bag of suck. His brothers make him almost look good in comparison. I get a strong sense of compensating for something with him. I think Olivia was nervous and babbling but she seems sweet and sincere. 

Woody is too on for me. There’s flirting with your wife and then there is nonstop smooze. He exhausts me. Amani may eat it up or get tired quickly. 

Surprisingly Bennett, the guy with no bathroom and dirty socks, looked like an ordinary guy compared to Amelia‘s circus crew. The bridesmaids outfits and unicycle entrance give quirky a bad name. That’s not quirky it’s just stupid. And ugly. Stupid ugly. And I would’ve paid Bennett in clean socks if he would’ve reached over and closed Amelia’s mouth for her when she kept gaping at him. 

Just once when someone has a do or die option about a pet I’d like to see an opt out. Who was it that had a cat allergy and was supposed to get over in a prior season? And the same with someone who stated they didn’t care for dogs. For instance if the vows included “and love my cat” I’d like to see someone interrupt with an “Excuse me? Did you say cat? Nope. Allergic. Not taking meds every day. I told the experts that was a deal breaker.” And then just walk off shaking their head. 

Of course  why would the “experts” care about that type of compatibility when they match someone who wants stability and is ready to start a family with someone who has had 14 jobs in the past two years and wants kids in maybe a decade? Sigh.  

Edited by ramble
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I didn't know that shaving under your arms could prevent disease.  Is it like that with all body hair?  

What I don't like about Amelia is, it's okay if you don't want to have a "traditional" wedding.  But then you can take it too far too.  Nothing wrong with the colors her bridesmaids were wearing, but what was with their hats?  That was extra.  It's like being quirky for quirky's sake.  Like, she just wants people to look at her.

My guess is that Amelia treats personal things that have the possibility of hEr as a joke to distance her emotions and allow herself to play it off.  She wants to be the center of attention, but doesn’t have the confidence to do it without going over the top.  
As for Bennet, I think we saw at the bachelor party that he is a gentle, thoughtful person.  Miles liked him, and that says a lot to me.  His mother is - unusual.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/23/2020 at 10:14 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Graduated from medical school and is doing her residency.  No specialty picked just yet!

Well knock me over with a feather!!!

I wonder if her bridesmaids are also doctors?  Our future folks!!!

I think Amelia's father is a doctor, but don't quote me.  I think she comes from money.

On 7/23/2020 at 10:25 AM, humbleopinion said:

Unfiltered is a 30 minute clip show that the Lifetime Channel has decided is so awful that they don’t bother to include on On Demand. I do think they should spread the misery and include It on their viewing menu so everyone who wants to watch can.

Also, it airs at 7:30 p.m. EDT, a half hour before MAFS.

On 7/23/2020 at 10:26 AM, Empress1 said:

I thought her (Amelia's) dress was stunning but I had the same thought about her eye shadow. A more timeless neutral look would have been better (that’s what Olivia & the other white bride who is marrying next week had).

It looked like she was going for a goth or ghoulish look with sunken-in scary eyes.  Not a good look for her.  She looked like she was auditioning for a part in a zombie apocalypse movie.  Or perhaps an escapee from the asylum.

22 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

For drama purposes, Olivia and Henry would be like watching paint dry.

Mr. Bland meet Mrs. Bland...The Blands

They would never be able to enter a doorway because they would be politely deferring to each other...

You first...

No, you first...

No, Ladies First...

No, age before beauty....

Geez....

In real life, once the show is over then Olivia and Henry may find comfort and recover from MAFS together.

Just what Henry needs...to be friend zoned by yet another woman....

It look's like we're going to have to endure a lot of awkward, cringeworthy moments with Christina and Henry.  Not looking forward to it.  I am with those that think that the two couples should have been switched and Olivia should have been matched with Henry and Christina with Brett.  In fact, even in previous seasons I've thought that some of the couples would have worked better switched around.  I sometimes wonder if the show doesn't deliberately switch them just to be evil and create train wreck relationships to keep people tuned in.

18 hours ago, Irritable said:

I’m pretty surprised that Bennett and Amelia already knew each other in some way that seems ... not ideal. On paper I really thought they seemed like an excellent match. 

We really don't know yet.  The show wants us to think that but it could be the opposite for all we know.  They love messing with us.  They are very similar in a lot of ways so they might just know each other from being in the same general social milieu.  Or one of them could have dated the other's friend...OUCH!!  I hope whatever it is, it isn't a bad thing.  My gut feeling is saying that Amelia might be more into Bennett than the other way around.

12 hours ago, lids said:

image.jpeg.bc46336e5d59db33f8439310d877fc6d.jpeg

I was looking at the Bennet/Amelia wedding pictures. Yea, his face says it all. Underneath Bennet’s quirkiness is a genuineness and groundedness that Amelia doesn’t have. I bet he thinks her quirkiness is obnoxious... cuz it is. But, I guess men who live in pretentious tiny houses should not throw stones, eh Ben!

I thought the exact same thing and that photo says it all!  I think Amelia is a bit of a poseur and aspires to be or at least look like someone like Bennett.  Bennett, however, strikes me as the genuine article who would see through her act.

Edited by Yeah No
Clarity.
  • Love 3