Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: I've Never Met My Fiancé

• Start Topic

(edited)

If Amelia took the bird and earrings off, had her hair done differently and put on proper makeup, she would be stunning.  She has a pretty face, but prefers to look quirky.   I loved the whole show so far.  All the dresses were beautiful.  Maybe after Australia, everything looked beautiful.  Australia is a mess all around, but I’m still watching even tho I don’t understand what they are saying.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

I’m behind here but that conversation between Bennett and his mother was really awkward and strange. Amelia was trying too hard to be quirky with the bird on her head and macrame earrings. And they know each other and he did not seem happy about that. He looked at his friends like ‘oh damn’. 

• Love 16

Brett was saying the right words that Olivia is beautiful and His type , but his facial expressions showed otherwise . Also , let’s not forget that Luke said Kate was beautiful too upon their first meet , but we quickly saw that wasn’t the truth . It’s all in the facial expressions . 

Amelias hair reminded me of carries on sex and the city when she got married with the bird on her head . 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

Poor Bennett thought he was being so cute by refusing to comb his hair - he had no idea what assholery was going to come down the aisle on his bride's head 😄   I can't wait to hear their story.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

Now I see why they saved the other two weddings for next week. Amelia and Bennett’s wedding looked like it should have been held under a Barnum & Bailey circus tent. 

People get on Woody for being extra but I don’t see Amelia and her entourage as any different. In fact, their brand of attention seeking quirkiness is far more off putting to me.

And poor Henry. His bride acted like she should have been on Bridezilla. I feel sorry for him having to quarantine with her. 

• Love 20
41 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Bennett was not a happy camper. 

Amelia's side of the aisle looked like the circus was interviewing. Exactly what was the point of the unicycle? It fit no discernible motif. Now, had Amelia then roller-skated,....

That unicycle served no purpose except to bring attention to that bridesmaid. I felt like Amelia's side is was trying way too hard to be quirky. Bennett didn't look enthusiastic to see Amelia at all, I I hope it's not a rejection situation.

• Love 11

Woody's cousin had me boohooing. I have to admit, I didn't like Woody on first introduction, but he grew on me.  Under all that bravado appears to lie a sweet, sensitive guy.  I like a guy who loves his mom and grandma.  Amani seems like a nice lady.  I hope those two crazy kids make it.  

Someone should probably tell Karen that if the "type of guys" she used to dating were right for her, she wouldn't have to be on this show.

I wish they'd pair high maintenance Christina with Brett.  Poor Olivia and Henry!

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, PupCal said:

I still can't get over the fact that Amelia's a doctor.

But is she?  I, like you, just don't find that simpleton doctor material

58 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

If Amelia took the bird and earrings off, had her hair done differently and put on proper makeup, she would be stunning.  She has a pretty face, but prefers to look quirky.   I loved the whole show so far.  All the dresses were beautiful.  Maybe after Australia, everything looked beautiful.  Australia is a mess all around, but I’m still watching even tho I don’t understand what they are saying.

And on her wedding day Doctor Amelia could have, should have...shaved her pits!  They showed her hairy pits three times and I almost heaved!

Maybe she's a vet!  Animals don't care!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

And on her wedding day Doctor Amelia could have, should have...shaved her pits!  They showed her hairy pits three times and I almost heaved!

Maybe she's a vet!  Animals don't care!

Whaaat ?   I did not see the pits. I’ll have to watch again, lol.  I’m watching so many of these shows, I don’t see or remember what’s what, who’s who.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Amelia (?bird's nest) standing at the altar: her facial expression looked like that special moment of drunkenness, where you realize you're past the point of no return, but pleased that you are successfully keeping the voms down. For the moment.

• LOL 17

Olivia looks like she has secret service agents.

Brett’s brothers are the only men who aren’t better looking by putting on tuxes. Ugh.

Swilling beer, belching, awkwardly insulting your brother is theIr best behavior.

Brett told Olivia she looked beautiful so cover that BINGO square.

Olivia...stop it with the Sorry, your motor mouth is grating. Take a breather.

Let Brett impress you. 

• Love 10

They dragged out the first two episodes, then tonight, left out two marriages until next week.  A real pain in the ass.

Jamie with the same facial expressions and still a rookie.  I just can’t.  The hair down to her waist was ridiculous.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

They dragged out the first two episodes, then tonight, left out two marriages until next week.  A real pain in the ass.

Jamie with the same facial expressions and still a rookie.  I just can’t.  The hair down to her waist was ridiculous.

I thought watching her pull out her boob and nurse interesting.  She's getting to be quite the little exhibitionist!  One scene hair extensions.  Next scene her breasts!  Well ok!ooh

Seems the sisters coven over on 90 day Fiance have started a new trend with reality tv!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Amani’s look...Coming to America times 10..
Someone told Woody to take  off those white specs...they were too distracting....
Amani and Woody had the best ceremony of the first 3.

Woody is a debonir guy.His best angle is head on...side shots, nope.

Amani looks regal. 

These two may be our feel good couple....

Their interaction at the alter warmed a tiny crack in my cold dark cynical sarcastic heart..

If you didn't get the feels seeing Amani's Dad, Marlo(love that name for a man)  proudly walking her into the  ceremony, tag teaming with her Stepdad who took her down the aisle then we can't be friends...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Amani’s look...Coming to America times 10..
Someone told Woody to take  off those white specs...they were too distracting....
Amani and Woody had the best ceremony of the first 3.

Woody is a debonir guy.His best angle is head on...side shots, nope.

Amani looks regal. 

These two may be our feel good couple....

Their wedding is definitely in my top three of the entire series. 

2B450C8F-5F81-4A2C-BF76-F0BF28134FB9.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

Amelia “I just put a bird’s nest in my hair and just got a rock.” Synchronous....Huh? okay Amelia...

Her bridesmaids are in the most hideous outfits...Garish, overly fringed flapper meets high school baton twirler.....WTF....

Hands down...the fugliest costumes...the fringe veils just was the icing on the ugly cake.

Bennett’s mother “Nothing to be done”....love it when people recite lines from a Godot play in tense moments...Focuses on his unkept hair and dirty socks....once a mom, always a mom...

She seems angry but is just worried for her weird boy....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Awww I really like Woody. He's a good guy with a soft heart. He just needs to tone it down a little bit and realize he doesn't need to be "on" all the time. I was happy to see Amani liked him. 

Olivia is a sweet classy lady. Brett is a complete jerk. Watch tonight's Unfiltered and you will see what I mean. What a douche. 

Dr. Amelia and Bennett. Wow, didn't see that coming. I thought they would have been a match made in heaven. I wonder if they will follow through with the vows. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Very good!  I shed a tear, myself. 

It was ironic that Karen was worried that her intended, Miles, was too emotional, based on her stalking his IG stories, and yet it was his good friend Woody who cried several times: before the wedding with his mama and grandma, and then when his cousin made his speech. I thought it was sweet and was so surprised that he was vibing with Amani so well. They were so cute on the dance floor. 

Idk what to think about Brett. He seemed to be saying all the right things to Olivia and in his th's, seemed really happy with her. Is it all an act?

Miles is a cutie.. was Karen expecting Idris Elba? Agree with everyone that Karen's mom is stunning; her sister is very pretty too, as is Karen. Olivia's mom has great hair, too.

• Love 8
(edited)

Karen had production worried but she is a trooper and went ahead with the wedding.
She will be yelling “baby steps” like Jephte because she is wary.

Miles got thrown for a loop when Karen confesses she has already read his SM.
She told him he needs to be more private online..ironic, ain’t it?

Karen’s one of those women who dresses so lovely.

The white sheer gold confetti blouse she wore at the bachelor party was notable and she looked nice in her wedding dress.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9

Cliff hanger alert....wait, what?
Benmelia have already met? 
MAFS’ most chaotic start of a season....
Can’t wait for the full story.

Unfortunately, we have to see those awful bridesmaids outfits again...pass the eye bleach...

• LOL 4
(edited)

Woody is one of those characters that everyone loves in theory because he's such a good time and so happy, but he quickly wears on you after a while of getting to know him up close.  I think Amani is taken with him but when it comes down to the day-to-day grind I don't feel too optimistic about them working it out for keeps.  They are both a little too similar in temperament in terms of dominance and that's never a good combination.

Add me to the list of people that loved Amani's dad.  I just love New Orleans people in general.  I can't even explain why.  They are just so interesting and unique.

I agree about Amelia and her crew trying too hard to be quirky.  That bird on her head looked like she picked it up dead on the side of the road on the way there.  I think she's trying to channel an 80's female star like Cindy Lauper or Madonna.  Her bridesmaids looked a hot mess especially on that unicycle.  It's hard to tell whether her and Bennett having met before will be a good or bad thing.  So far they're making it look like a bad thing, but I know this show tends to mess with our minds so I'm reserving judgment for now.  Last week Amelia made a prophetic statement that if she were married to someone she met before she hoped it would be someone she had a crush on.  I even wonder if the show set her up to meet someone they knew she met before and they asked her that question on purpose. If we are to believe this episode she is happy with the situation and he is most definitely NOT.

Brett seems to have a split personality, or maybe he's just really adept at acting the part of a decent guy when he's really an insufferable douche with (thanks to @humbleopinion ) a very punchable face.  His brothers looked like 3 Blues Brothers, all as big and bigger than John Belushi.  Or Family Guy all bouncing around.  We're supposed to believe that the family all have this cute, sarcastic humor when in reality they're just a bunch of obnoxious douches.

I think this season might shape up to be one that in some ways makes no sense.  Like couples that shouldn't click will click and those that should that won't.  Of course it's WAY too soon to make those kinds of bets.

Edited by Yeah No
Need that close paren.
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Unfiltered: JamieO’s extensions must be “The Lady Godiva” model...hiding her Entire post pregnancy body.

Get outta my head @humbleopinion! I see we are still residing in our Hotel California, because I came here to say exactly this! 😂

She talks a good game on instagram about loving her postpartum body (she’s calling it 4th trimester- is that a real thing?), but when it comes down it she covered herself with hair......

• Love 2
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Brett’s brothers are the only men who aren’t better looking by putting on tuxes. Ugh.

Too true.  And Amelia doesn’t look any better with makeup. The birds nest kind of blends in with the chaotic crap normally going on on her head that she never combs, brushes or rakes but those paper airplane earrings were really brutal. As a doctor, I hope her specialty is research.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Team Miles so far. Karen seems like she will be the Debbie Downer of the group. I might be wrong, hope so, it’s early. 

Karen is too tightly wound. Poor Miles. 

47 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I thought it was sweet and was so surprised that he was vibing with Amani so well. They were so cute on the dance floor. 

I just get mom and son vibes from Amani and Woody. 

Also, the way he always breaks into a shoulder-shrugging-dance annoys me.

But the way his eyes teared up and tears streamed down his cheeks touched my cynical heart.

47 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Idk what to think about Brett. He seemed to be saying all the right things to Olivia and in his th's, seemed really happy with her. Is it all an act?

Right?! They seemed to vibe. He was making her laugh....good sign! And his family showed her their sarcastic side and it seemed like she could handle it. The constant beer-drinking might become a problem, though. But i agree...shes cute, not hot. But neither is he, so there you have it.

• Love 8

What's this Unfiltered y'all are talking about? Is it part of the show? I don't get it on my Lifetime channel. 

The guests on both sides of Amelia and Bennett's wedding looked like they just came from a fringe festival. That unicycle was OTT. I did love Bennett's mom though.

What was with Brett's parents not wanting to be on camera? His father sure didn't seem to have a problem with it in prior episodes. Maybe they don't get along and didn't want to be in the same room together. 

I hope that Karen and Miles make it. They are so pretty together, and both seem like nice people. I hope she is not just attracted to "bad boys". 

I am warming to Woody and think that he and Amani might  work out.

Christina seems like a pain in the arse. I don't see this one going well. 

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Don't all the couples get married in the same place, though?

I am so pleased that Miles and Karen actually got married and I hope that Karen continues to keep an open mind about Miles not being "her type." I just feel like Miles is a genuinely good guy who meant every single word of his vows and I think he will be an excellent husband. I LOVED how all his groomsmen had HUGE grins on their faces while the reverend was reading what Miles's friends and family said about him. I really do think this couple is a good match and has excellent potential if they both keep an open mind and put in a little work.

I don't like Brett but I like Olivia and, like Karen, she looked gorgeous. Loved her gift to Brett. 

7 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Karen’s mother reminded me of Diahann Carroll playing Whitley Gilbert’s mom on A Different World. 

7 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I sense Karen’s gonna be one of the brides to never have sex with her husband . She said she moves slowly with intimacy . I guarantee she’d move much faster if she was attracted to the guy . 
I hope she isn’t like that because I’m a little sick of the “ he’s not my type “ “ I’m not attracted to him “ storyline. When you sign up for married at first sight , you are choosing to marry someone who you may not be attracted to . Why go on the show if you can’t look past that ? 

6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think Karen's mother is stunning.

I wasn't expecting it but based on the wedding ceremony alone, Woody and Amani seem pretty compatible. Maybe those two manage to pull it off?

Karen, her mother, and her bridesmaids are so pretty. Actually, Miles’ groomsmen were also cute. There might be a couple of hook ups at this wedding.

Miles seems like such a good guy...I hope Karen can appreciate him.

6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

One of them is a jumpsuit!

Who else thinks that Amelia was Bennett's last sexual partner six months ago? Also she is going to have to work on her poker face if she's going to be a doctor.

Holy shit!  It would explain why they put in that weird conversation about intimacy and how it has been 6 months for him. I was almost afraid he was going to reveal that he is a virgin and was getting Iris flashbacks.

5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Bennett was not a happy camper. 

Amelia's side of the aisle looked like the circus was interviewing. Exactly what was the point of the unicycle? It fit no discernible motif. Now, had Amelia then roller-skated,....

5 hours ago, rebel2u said:

On "Unfiltered", right before the MAFS episode, did it sound to anybody else like Jamie was saying "brat' for "Brett"?.  Or maybe I am just projecting.

Woody's grandma is rocking the long hair.

I get arrogant/entitled vibes from Amani.  Bur happily, she and Woody seem to be getting on like a house on fire.  In fact, everyone getting married tonight seems to be ok  with their spouse.  But in the previews for next week,  upon seeing Amelia, Bennett's expressions seem to range from happiness to terror to resignation and back again.  And the tone he used when he said, "We've met before" doesn't seem to, at this point, bode well for the future. 

5 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Now I see why they saved the other two weddings for next week. Amelia and Bennett’s wedding looked like it should have been held under a Barnum & Bailey circus tent. 

People get on Woody for being extra but I don’t see Amelia and her entourage as any different. In fact, their brand of attention seeking quirkiness is far more off putting to me.

And poor Henry. His bride acted like she should have been on Bridezilla. I feel sorry for him having to quarantine with her. 

Maybe Amelia and Bennett are president and treasurer of The New Orleans Clown Appreciation Society?

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 13
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I had to quit watching Australia because I could not understand them half of the time.  It got boring because of that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I still don't know all their names. The guy who was hitting on the waitress at the bachelor  party and eyeing another girl,  I don't think he's ready to be married and I think he'll cheat.  One of the other guys should have said something to somebody like the producer. And the producer or this professionals should have interviewed him again.

I only really liked one wedding dress the 1 with the long sleeves. It was so delicate and pretty.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

She is...we looked up her doctor certificate recently. Look up Amelia Fatsi and you’ll see. Wouldn’t be my doctor for sure

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I still don't know all their names. The guy who was hitting on the waitress at the bachelor  party and eyeing another girl,  I don't think he's ready to be married and I think he'll cheat.  One of the other guys should have said something to somebody like the producer. And the producer or this professionals should have interviewed him again.

I only really liked one wedding dress the 1 with the long sleeves. It was so delicate and pretty.

I think Amelia and Bennett's marriage is doomed. Somehow they know each other, and if they didn't click when they met before,  I doubt they will click now.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Irritable said:

Olivia sure drew the short straw.  I think she might have been better paired with the quiet guy we haven’t seen much yet.  He seems to be getting a weird one, too.  

I so agree.  Olivia and Henry would have been great.  They both seem very down-to-earth, quiet, and have some self-esteem issues.  I could see them appreciating each other.

And Christina and Brett could have worked out really well.  She would be picky, miserable, and hate his sarcasm, and he would treat her like crap.  BUT he would say all the right things and, most importantly, give her exotic flowers afterward.  They would both get exactly what they deserve! Perfect match. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wish Unfiltered was available on demand. I haven’t been able to catch one very often. 

You’re not missing much.  Jamie, as usual is the camera hog and much too verbal.  It’s interesting to see her shoes tho.  Carrie shoes .. maybe production is paying.

• Love 3

Did anyone else pick up that Olivia's father and step-father were named "Rod" and "Sterling"? That cracked me up. It was the only thing I smiled at during the whole show. I did, however, do a major eye-roll at the birds nest hair and unicycle entrance. Oy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I hate Brett and his loud best man/brother. So obnoxious. Olivia is precious. 

Woody is so cute, but needs to bring it down around 3 notches. Amani is also precious.

Alexander, Miles' best man, gave a great, funny toast. Karen bothers me so much...not sure why though. 

• Love 4

Several things:

1. I hate the slow motion in this episode

2. Brett - Did you notice how empty his side of the aisle was?  I thought he would have have invited his uncle, Larry the Cable Guy.

3. Olivia - Seeing her father in profile, I can see the family resemblance.  She is sweet and doomed.

4. Woody - The way he moves his head, he reminded me of a living bobble head doll.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

He came off much better this ep than last ... maybe he doesn't suck as much when he is sober? 

I am like 15 years older than Olivia, but I want her to be my aunt.

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

She talks a good game on instagram about loving her postpartum body (she’s calling it 4th trimester- is that a real thing?), but when it comes down it she covered herself with hair......

JamieO will take a hard look at her Blue dress image on teevee and buy The Cousin It hair extension kit before next week’s Unfiltered.
The Lady Godiva  was not enough hair.

The Cousin It is a top of her head to the bottoms of her 5 inch red bottomed Louboutins Curtain of hair.

Bowler hat and round glasses will complete the look.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Question:  What's "proper" make up?  I didn't know they made improper make up?

Also, I understand everything they say in the Australian version, a) because they're speaking English and b) more importantly, I use closed caption (even my old TV from the 90's has CC...thank God for CC!) 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ShowFan said:

She is...we looked up her doctor certificate recently. Look up Amelia Fatsi and you’ll see. Wouldn’t be my doctor for sure

Graduated from medical school and is doing her residency.  No specialty picked just yet!

Well knock me over with a feather!!!

I wonder if her bridesmaids are also doctors?  Our future folks!!!

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, lizajane said:

What's this Unfiltered y'all are talking about? Is it part of the show? I don't get it on my Lifetime channel. 

Unfiltered is a 30 minute clip show that the Lifetime Channel has decided is so awful that they don’t bother to include on On Demand. I do think they should spread the misery and include It on their viewing menu so everyone who wants to watch can.

JamieO, the host chirps at 2 cast members and one “expert” To comment on selected snippets of the previous episode of MAFS.

At any opportunity JamieO inserts herself into the conversation by dusting off how she had an emotional meltdown prior to her ceremony taking up the time the cast member was supposed to answer about their experience.
Unflitered is a chance to see the cast member repair their reputation Like Woody wearing his Black& Happy & Married top or to give the audience more time with their despicable selves like Brett explaining his serial flirting with any woman who crosses his path because technically he wasn’t married At that time so fair game.

The “expert” gets to defend why they chose to match cast members when it is clear some couples are formed to create drama since dumpster fires generate eyeballs.

I appreciate this season’s video forum because in the past Studio episodes JamieO’s dress creeps up and we see too much of her. Last night, the MAFS editors were able to cut and paste a tighter show.
Surprised no one has put it on YouTube for those denied Unflitered.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Karen was a very pretty bride and had the best dress, I think of any bride ever on MAFS.

Why did they put pink/mauve eyeshadow on her?

I thought her dress was stunning but I had the same thought about her eye shadow. A more timeless neutral look would have been better (that’s what Olivia & the other white bride who is marrying next week had). I also noticed that Amani’s foundation was kind of flat and was maybe too light for her skin. I wasn’t looking closely at the getting ready scenes - did the Black brides have Black makeup artists?

I noticed that Olivia’s family said all this nice stuff about her and Brett’s was like “he’s kind of stupid.” And Olivia was looking at Brett the whole time at the altar but Brett took much longer to look at her, and it also took him a long time to ask her any questions about herself. He says he’s attracted to her but his actions belie that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Between the two of them, Amelia and Bennett don't seem to be real hygiene enthusiasts. I guess at least they'll never fight about taking too long in the shower.

That's all I've got about this episode. This show has absolutely no business being two hours long.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

And Olivia was looking at Brett the whole time at the altar but Brett took much longer to look at her, and it also took him a long time to ask her any questions about herself. He says he’s attracted to her but his actions belie that.

I agree.  However, we never know what the producers are cutting out.

I think after a couple of days together, Brett will lose any interest he has at this point.

Cat or no cat.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 2