Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: I've Never Met My Fiancé

• Start Topic

Excitement is in the air and emotions run high as the wedding day begins for eight hopeful singles; nerves really start to settle in for one bride, as she discovers her groom's identity before she walks down the aisle.

Airs July 22, 2020.

If Amelia rides her unicycle into the reception then Bennett should wear his red bejeweled elephant trucker hat as they are being introduced....

Covid brain and the utterly depressing last season has made me overly eager for this season....Who’s with me?

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

On unfiltered , woody was wearing a ring and Brett wasn’t .. and woodys shirt said something like “happy and married .” Wouldn’t both of them have to wear their rings until the seasons over .. or both not wear it ? 
Bretts face is hard to look at and his personality makes it worse . 

Pastor Cal - “just because woodys a player doesn’t mean he’s not ready for marriage .” 😂These experts don’t even know how to hide the ridiculousness of casting tv characters rather than good , genuine people  anymore . 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
(edited)

Wow, Olivia and Whatshisname’s wedding looks pretty low-rent.  Like Holiday Inn conference room circa 1988 low-rent.

I’m going out on a limb and calling it now: They won’t last.  She seems extremely needy and fragile and I don’t get a sense that he will be up to that challenge. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 8
(edited)

Brett has a very punchable face (shout out to Colin Jost's new book) but to save your hand and  punch him in the throat with your closed fist.

Aiming your jabs toward those train tunnel nostrils is tempting...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
Just now, humbleopinion said:

Brett has a very punchable face(shout out to Colin Jost's new book) but to save your hand and  punch him in the throat with your closed fist.

Aiming your jabs toward those train tunnel nostrils is tempting...

Hahahah . 
so funny , I was thinking what a punchable face he has too . 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

BOlivia=Brett and Olivia

In the past seasons they used the same ceremony location, just changed up the flowers and decor....

Holiday Inn conference rooms circa 1988...wide striped harvest orange, autumn gold, doo doo brown curtains

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

Mes amis, may I say how much I cannot stand Brett's Beer Buddies? Talk about wanting to punch in the throat!

OMG, the worst one, Fat Stephen, is Brett's actual Bro! 

No, Brett, you will not be "loyal and true" to Olivia. You're a playa. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Wow, Olivia and Whatshisname’s wedding looks pretty low-rent.  Like Holiday Inn conference room circa 1988 low-rent.  

Don't all the couples get married in the same place, though?

I am so pleased that Miles and Karen actually got married and I hope that Karen continues to keep an open mind about Miles not being "her type." I just feel like Miles is a genuinely good guy who meant every single word of his vows and I think he will be an excellent husband. I LOVED how all his groomsmen had HUGE grins on their faces while the reverend was reading what Miles's friends and family said about him. I really do think this couple is a good match and has excellent potential if they both keep an open mind and put in a little work.

I don't like Brett but I like Olivia and, like Karen, she looked gorgeous. Loved her gift to Brett. 

• Love 14
Just now, Straycat80 said:

I hope she isn’t turned off by beer breathe, those guys seemed to be pounding them down pretty hard. 

Those are her new doofus brother in laws...there is a whole bunch of bananas of them...

1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

Loved her gift to Brett. 

Was it is nose hair clippers...we don't need to see untamed wiry hairs escaping from those extra wide and flared nose holes.....

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Make sure you DVR Happily Ever Altered following the new episode...another 60 minutes of regurgitated clips and footage they scrounged up for more MAFS torture..

My mistake the show following the weddings is about a couple going under the knife , sliced and diced before their wedding. Yuck.

3.5  2.5 hours MAFS...ack!

You have to time manage your snacks wisely.....

Don't quaff your wine...you will be sleepy before the weddings....
Have something to coat your stomach before you toss back your alcoholic beverages.

Edited by humbleopinion
Only 2 MAFS shows...managable.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Geez, Brett's family and friends couldn't even come up with anything nice to say about him in the "family and friends want you to know" part of the ceremony. If I were Olivia, I'd have major reservations just based on that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I sense Karen’s gonna be one of the brides to never have sex with her husband . She said she moves slowly with intimacy .

Hope she goes for revenge sex with Miles to show her ex, who had a kid with another woman while they were together that she is over his cheating ass.

2 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

If I were Olivia, I'd have major reservations just based on that.

Poor Olivia...her reception is decorated with giant waving red flags and banners.....metaphorically....

• LOL 4

Karen’s mother reminded me of Diahann Carroll playing Whitley Gilbert’s mom on A Different World. 

I think Karen's mother is stunning.

I wasn't expecting it but based on the wedding ceremony alone, Woody and Amani seem pretty compatible. Maybe those two manage to pull it off?

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I wasn't expecting it but based on the wedding ceremony alone, Woody and Amani seem pretty compatible. Maybe those two manage to pull it off?

I get the sense he’s gonna cheat on her eventually . He just gives off major player vibes . 

• Love 5

Olivia: “I love to work out”

Brett: “Wow!?”

Someone on Reddit said he looks like a chipmunk that’s hiding nuts in his cheeks and now I can’t unsee it!

For a guy who claims to “love animals” Brett sure doesn’t mind chopping them up and eating them as steak 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

If Amelia rides her unicycle into the reception then Bennett should wear his red bejeweled elephant trucker hat as they are being introduced....

Covid brain and the utterly depressing last season has made me overly eager for this season....Who’s with me?

I watched a bit of the Australian version but too many couples to keep track of. The first few times I watched MAFS seeing the couples meet the first time was a moment of TV excitement but its kind of lost it luster. They all seem to say the right things and often comment how the experts were great (three days later they cursing the experts). I haven't watched any episodes this season waiting for first one tonight.

• Love 3

Woody surprised me by attempting to make Amani feel comfortable; seemingly less the self absorbed twit I expected. I want to hug Miles. Points to Karen for going through with it. Poor Olivia. She babbled a lot. Brett and his family... Ugh. Sarcastic comedians who aren’t funny.  

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Oh my God.  Woody’s cousin. 😭

Good or bad? I thought he was sweet, and it was cute that he made Woody cry.

And so is Dad Amani

Love Dad Amani. 

Honestly I wasn't expecting Woody and Amani's wedding to be the best one of the night but solely based on the first dances alone, they win the night. I know there are a lot of concerns about Woody being a player, but just based on tonight alone, I'd give them the best shot of working out. I suppose some players eventually settle down - maybe Woody will surprise me. I think Amani is awesome so I hope he treats her right.

• Love 18
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Agree on both counts. Woody will likely get on her nerves eventually, but they seem to have good chemistry.

I LOVE Olivia’s mother’s hair. I think it’s gorgeous.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 10
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I won't. I love me some fringe, but those get-ups all scream "I AM SO QUIRKY! NO ONE ELSE IS AS QUIRKY AS ME!"

All those looks are fighting. Amelia’s bird in her hair, her hairstyle itself, her glitter eye shadow, and her huge earrings are competing with each other. You know that saying “take off one accessory before you leave the house?” That. And those bridesmaid dresses are ... well, I’ll just say “not my taste,” but all the different colors & looks are fighting too.

Lord, those were fringed veils? Good grief.

Edited by Empress1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

All those looks are fighting. Amelia’s bird in her hair, her hairstyle itself, and her huge earrings are competing with each other. You know that saying “take off one accessory before you leave the house?” That. And those dresses are ... well, I’ll just say “not my taste,” but all the different colors & looks are fighting too.

One of them is a jumpsuit!

Who else thinks that Amelia was Bennett's last sexual partner six months ago? Also she is going to have to work on her poker face if she's going to be a doctor.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)

On "Unfiltered", right before the MAFS episode, did it sound to anybody else like Jamie was saying "brat' for "Brett"?.  Or maybe I am just projecting.

Woody's grandma is rocking the long hair.

I get arrogant/entitled vibes from Amani.  Bur happily, she and Woody seem to be getting on like a house on fire.  In fact, everyone getting married tonight seems to be ok  with their spouse.  But in the previews for next week,  upon seeing Amelia, Bennett's expressions seem to range from happiness to terror to resignation and back again.  And the tone he used when he said, "We've met before" doesn't seem to, at this point, bode well for the future. 

Edited by rebel2u
I can't spell
  • Love 6

I am seriously, pleasantly shocked by Woody and Amani.  After hearing his cousin speak about him, watching him tear up, watching how he was with Amani and, most importantly, hearing he is a MATH person (YAY!!!), I have really high hopes for them to work out.  I also was happy with Miles and Karen.  They seemed to like each other and he seems like such a nice person so far.  

Olivia, please STOP APOLOGIZING!!!  She apologized because her train was long.  She apologized because she couldn't stop sniffling.  Ugh.  And Brett seems like an over-compensating nerd who goes to the gym so he thinks he's hot.  Interesting that he doesn't have a lot of disposable income...

Run, Olivia, run!!

I am very curious about the Amelia/Bennett thing.  At first he had this HUGE smile on his face when he saw her.  Then it got really awkward.  I kept thinking she treated him in the emergency room after he had some sort of weird theater/landscaping accident...?

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

Woody seems to have a tender sweet spot under all that bravado.  He cried twice at family connection.  And Karen thought Miles was too emotional!  Miles didn't cry.....

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I get the sense he’s gonna cheat on her eventually . He just gives off major player vibes . 

I think he really wants to do better than his father and be there for his child

48 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Oh my God.  Woody’s cousin. 😭

Now I know what you meant.  

• Love 2