Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/20/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Worse than Afghanistan?!!!!!!!

When she was talking about these anonymous federal troops, Whoopie said that "we need to pay attention to the little things", and I'm thinking, "Whoopie, this is hardly a little thing", but then a few minutes later she said "this is different".  Sometimes Whoopie's thoughts are so disjointed.   

They're all enjoying getting more time to talk, aren't they?  You can also tell that they appreciated having an entire hour to themselves, with no Meghan to monopolize the conversation. 

I took Whoopies “little things”  to mean that the Portland Situation (and now other cities) may not be as obvious to some as trumps racist, etc. statements. I don’t think she meant that this isn’t a big deal but that many may not realize how big a deal the federal actions in Portland are.  In addition, she may be referring to all of the less publicized actions that have been taken over the past three years..the regulations rollbacks, federal judges, etc that often go unnoticed because of something sensationsal and headline inducing that’s happened.  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

You know that feeling when the coworker who gets on your nerves doesn't show up to work? I felt it today despite not leaving the house.

My understanding is that Whoopi's closing words referenced that very sentiment. That is what I thought when I heard it. I think that many of us felt it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan isn't there, which is a shame since I wanted to hear what she had to say about Portland and if she brings up rioting.

Megan only cares about the second amendment, so she would find a way to justify these secret police infringing on the protesters' first amendment right to protest.. 

The show was so much better without her, I cannot wait for her maternity leave so we can get more Nutmeg free shows.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 15
27 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

My understanding is that Whoopi's closing words referenced that very sentiment. That is what I thought when I heard it. I think that many of us felt it.

What did Whoopi say at the end? Missed it.

• Love 2

Today was another one of those 'uneventful' shows which I wish I didn't bother to watch. The only thing that held my interest was the woman pushing her cookie dough....so that's saying something on my end. I must say,  these people who do their 30 minute infomercial trying to sell their products at 50% off look so pathetic on TV telling millions of viewers how much their business is hurting. Not sure if that's a smart way of marketing a small business and gaining new customers when you're hinting you're on the brink of collapse. These owners are sounding so desperate. Doesn't make me want to patronize the place. I owned my own small business for 24 years - through good times and bad. I never ever let on to customers that a certain period (2009 financial collapse) was a 'bad time' - always had a smile on my face and said business was fine. Always gave off a positive vibe - which actually helped business.

• Love 10

Lol both guest had their Emmys on display. I don't think I've ever noticed other guests awards before.

2 hours ago, rcc said:

What did Whoopi say at the end? Missed it.

"Well, that was the whole show. That's what we did. That was we did. We're back and are getting ready to say bye. It was nice to see y'all. It was nice to talk about strong stuff, no stuff, and just have a minute to breathe."

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, falltime said:

Lol both guest had their Emmys on display. I don't think I've ever noticed other guests awards before.

"Well, that was the whole show. That's what we did. That was we did. We're back and are getting ready to say bye. It was nice to see y'all. It was nice to talk about strong stuff, no stuff, and just have a minute to breathe."

More pearls of wisdom from our Moderator Extraordinaire ... Gawd!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, falltime said:

Do you think the “minute to breathe” was a dig at MM..that, without her mega mouth going 100 miles a minute with no stops, they could actually relax and talk normally?  

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

This is so boring today.

I hate the concept of “what would you do.”  I think it promotes division and confrontation, especially when tackling a political issue, rather than getting people to see both sides. It exploits people for entertainment. I don’t want to see people fighting. 

I don't like "what would you do" because it makes people who don't confront the racist/sexist/homophobe look like they agree with that behavior because they don't confront.  Some people just don't like confrontation.

I am glad that they talked about Portland.  That shit is scary. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
59 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't like "what would you do" because it makes people who don't confront the racist/sexist/homophobe look like they agree with that behavior because they don't confront.  Some people just don't like confrontation.

I think many of us come up with what to say or do after the fact. Some of us can be our own worse critic and when we do react in real time we second-guess ourselves and think I shoulda said or done _ _ _ instead. When that happens enough times we develop the tendency to not react in the moment because it protects us from wanting or needing to criticize our actions later. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, falltime said:

Thanks.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Where the heck was Ray Romano when he took that video? Guess there’s no Covid-19 problem there. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don't remember which, but I'm pretty sure Patricia Heaton either said her son's birthday was at the beginning of the year, or in January.

• Love 1
(edited)

And each of them interrupted each other because of time delays (and a bad moderator who should have learned by now to never mention their names unless she is actually calling on ONE them at a time), but they just flowed with it and everyone got to talk without the extreme tension that MM would cause, taking over and never shutting up.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan isn't there, which is a shame since I wanted to hear what she had to say about Portland and if she brings up rioting.

I bet Meghan took the day off  to pick out baby names. I think she's narrowed it down to 'Senator' or 'McCain'.  I'm sure she will tell us all about it today when she returns...can't wait until she shares every nuance of picking out a baby name to honor her father.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

And each of them interrupted each other because of time delays (and a bad moderator who should have learned by now to never mention their names unless she is actually calling on ONE them at a time), but they just flowed with it and everyone got to talk without the extreme tension that MM would cause, taking over and never shutting up.

and rudely telling them that she's still talking

• Love 6
(edited)

Meg, if you are going to pontificate, learn how to pronounce names.

<shallow> I love Sunny’s top. </shallow>
Wow, Whoopi’s snarky comment on not slamming (alleged) criminals who are good friends is rich, given her past remarks .

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10

I too have a hard time saying Ghislaine Maxwell's name, only because I met someone long ago who pronounced her name as gee-lan with a soft g, so it always messes me up.

That being said, Whoopi acting like Trump is defending her is outrageous and even said "I guess it's different when you're friends" is funny. We all remember how she acted when Bill Cosby's rape cases were revealed.

• Love 12
(edited)

I like Karen Bass. Biden has a very difficult decision. 

Are they seriously not going to even mention the Trump/British Open story that broke in the NY Times last night?

So many scandals, so little time. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14

Whoopi attacked Trump for supporting someone who he might be friends with, when she defended Bill Cosby viciously before.

Meghan attacked Yoho and wants him fired/let go, when she's against cancel culture.

I think Ghislaine should be in jail and I don't like Yoho, but I don't think Whoopi and Meghan see their hypocrisy and it's kind of funny to me.

• Love 12
(edited)

Snooty Meghan smugly took it upon herself to "correct" Sunny, but then she got it wrong as well.  Sunny did incorrectly say "Senate" in relation to Liz Cheney, but then Meghan told her she should have said "Congress" instead.  Well, the Senate is part of Congress, too.  Cheney is in the House, Ms. Political Analyst.  

I've honestly never heard of the "Freedom Coalition".  Is that what the Tea Party is now calling itself?  

There she goes again, saying she's a strong woman.  If you proclaim that about yourself all the time, it's probably not true.  Can you think of any instance when Whoopie, Joy, Sunny, or Ana has said that about themselves?  Maybe they have said it, once in a blue moon, but they don't feel the need to talk anybody into believing it. 

It occurred to me that the show is going to lose half of it's guest choices once Biden picks his vp.

I heard Mike Memoli, who's covering the Biden campaign, say on MSNBC yesterday that the campaign clarified Biden's statement about there being 4 black women on the vp short list, and said that there are actually more than four, but that new information didn't get noticed, even later on MSNBC, where they, too, kept saying 4.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Snooty Meghan smugly took it upon herself to "correct" Sunny, but then she got it wrong as well.  Sunny did incorrectly say "Senate" in relation to Liz Cheney, but then Meghan told her she should have said "Congress" instead.  Well, the Senate is part of Congress, too.  Cheney is in the House, Ms. Political Analyst.  

I've honestly never heard of the "Freedom Coalition".  Is that what the Tea Party is now calling itself?  

Ms know-it-all political pundint should know it's called the Freedom Caucus.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Ms know-it-all political pundint should know it's called the Freedom Caucus.

33 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Now that I have heard of.

She does this all the time. Mispronounces words. Uses the wrong word. And nobody corrects her.  If I had a co worker who monopolized the conversation, was snippy and just overall annoying you better believe I would be correcting them all the time. Just to annoy them.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Meg's only problem with Trump's press conference was his well wishes to a sex offender. Let that sink in.

I know!  So the rest of the press conference was just fine?  I'm sure the producers could have told Meghan how to pronounce the name.  Especially how much this has been in the news.

She watched the press conference, right??? Not sure I believe it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I know Joy means no disrespect, but she should really stop referring to grown women as girls.

It's an "age thing".  I'm in my 70's & still refer to anyone of the female persuasion as "girls".  NBD!!!

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

It's an "age thing".  I'm in my 70's & still refer to anyone of the female persuasion as "girls".  NBD!!!

I’m a lot younger but often say girls too. It’s hard not to when you’re around people who refer, especially to younger adult females, as girls. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I get it. When I text my female friends I'll say "hey girlies." I, myself, don't mind being called sweetie or honey. BUT this is Joy. Giving political commentary. Referring to a U.S. Representative as girl!

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't go over well if Bill O'Reilly (Joy's age) did it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I get it. When I text my female friends I'll say "hey girlies." I, myself, don't mind being called sweetie or honey. BUT this is Joy. Giving political commentary. Referring to a U.S. Representative as girl!

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't go over well if Bill O'Reilly (Joy's age) did it.

Bill O'Reilly would say it to be patronizing.  Joy means no harm.

• Love 15

This is from pronounceitright.com -

The name Ghislaine has two different pronunciations. The first pronunciation, which is more common in most of France and in Belgium is Ghee-lehn. The second pronunciation, which is more common in the south of France and in Canada is Jeez-lehn.
In the case of Ghislaine Maxwell, who was born in the north of France, her name is pronounced like the first version of the audio pronunciation, as Ghee-lehn.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

This is from pronounceitright.com -

I also wanted to add that Ghislain(e) is also a man's name without the e.. Like most names in French, you feminize it by putting an e at the end of the name, e.g. Rene for a man becomes Renee for a woman.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
On 7/21/2020 at 7:18 PM, Neurochick said:

I don't like "what would you do"

I hate that show.

15 hours ago, Jeanius said:

What is Meghan wearing on her head?? A cross between a pink bathing cap from the '60s and a pin cushion??

I liked it.  I like retro things.  (Ducks) I like Meghan's makeup lately.

14 hours ago, lusinia said:

The Faith and Freedom Coalition?  Here is a link to Wikipedia.  Bridge between Tea Party and Evangelicals.

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Blissfool said:

All I know is it's not Gasoline , which is what Meghan said. 🤣

I'm sure she thought that was hilarious.  Meg is such a clever girl.

I've been hearing the name Ghislaine pronounced to rhyme with Elaine.  Easy enough to remember.

With everything happening in the world they’re starting with Kanye?

And Meghan makes it about herself. 🙄

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6