Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/20/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Ha!  Mary pushing back on Meg’s dumb questions. Why are you so focused on my cousins?

Mary has a little (Mandalorean) Child on her shelf like Whoopi has. Just an observation. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Ha!  Mary pushing back on Meg’s dumb questions. Why are you so focused on my cousins?

Yes good for Mary. Meghan can STFU.

• Love 22

Meghan mysteriously disappeared from the last part of the Mary Trump interview. This doesn’t have anything to do with her book, but, I didn’t find Mary Trump particularly likeable.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was glad the guest hit back at McCain trying to overtalk her. Maybe if she wrote a book about Ivanka and Jr., then her not knowing them very well might actually be a relevant point. Of course she defends both Trump and Kanye, she sold out a long time ago. In regards to mental illness awareness--she's for anything that might make people feel sorry for her.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 20
(edited)

I think something happened during the first commercial break from the interview.  Someone (Whoopi? Or Mary herself?) told Meg to stop being rude?  I don’t know but Joy’s demeanor was different after that too. Dang, we needed a spy in the audience to tell us what happened. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 19

Why does Whoopi have to laugh or chuckle when talking about serious matters?  Is it nervousness?  I know she is a comedian but so is Joy and she doesn't do that. Maybe I am losing my sense of humor with all that is going on, but I find it irritating. 

• Love 19
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I think something happened during the first commercial break from the interview.

Meghan may have been given a time out, since she clearly barged in on Whoopie's turn (who was on camera) when she asked Mary a third question.  Meghan didn't get another turn, and wasn't asked for her impressions about the interview. 

(I wonder if the interview ended a segment early.  I don't remember them ever discussing an interview right after it ended.  Did they do that for the Don Jr. interview?  I remember that Whoopie ended that one early because she had had enough.)

42 minutes ago, Axie said:

This doesn’t have anything to do with her book, but, I didn’t find Mary Trump particularly likeable.

Mary was Colbert's only guest on his show last night, and it was a much better interview, just in general, and for her as well.  She was probably the most comfortable I've seen her, and she even laughed a few times at things he was saying.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 15

I agree that Mary Trump seemed much more comfortable with Steven Colbert, last night.  She thanked him and said she really enjoyed being on the show.  It may have been the most relaxed interview I have seen with her.  You just knew that Mee-again would be “loaded for bear” when it was her turn to question. Why does she feel she has to be so rude and confrontational with political guests?  She certainly isn’t a great interviewer. I am glad that she was glaringly absent for the remainder of the interview.  Can’t wait to see what the tabloids have to say about her performance, today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

With all that's going on in the news right now, Kanye West is the top Hot Topic?

yes, because it can easily be flipped to Meghan's depression over her father, which then becomes THE top Hot Topic

• Love 12

I tried to post yesterday about the issue of calling women "girls", but I had second thoughts and didn't want my post to be misinterpreted. 

My take is -  when you are talking about a group of friends, like "the girls are getting together"  or "I"m going out with the girls", it's fine.   but referring to people in the context of their profession, using "girls" to describe a subset of a larger group,  is offensive.  Think about a group of doctors, lawyers, or members of a committee, where a segment of the group was referred to as "the girls" - the implication is that they are somehow not as good as the other members, and also the idea that they all think or act alike, or are indistinguishable from each other.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

When TPTB at The View wanted to get Meghan on the show, their pretext of getting rid of Jedediah was that she was rude to Hilary Clinton when she was on the show.  Every time Meghan is RUDE AF to people on the show, I always chuckle at that memory.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

From the article:

McCain seized on the fact that Mary Trump has said she doesn’t have a close relationship with her much younger cousins, Don Jr., Eric and Ivanka. “I know in my family—and my family is clearly nothing like the Trumps—but the people who are close, are close,” she said. “I certainly have extended family who I don’t interact with, or certainly only interact with at funerals and things like that. So I don't think people like that would know the inner workings of my immediate family dynamic in the way that you present it.” 

Out of my 12 cousins that are close to me in age I am friends with just one.  Not being close friends with extended family is not indicative of anything suspicious. It's normal.

This is very true. I have a few cousins I’ve seen maybe 3 times in my life. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Meghan may have been given a time out, since she clearly barged in on Whoopie's turn (who was on camera) when she asked Mary a third question.  Meghan didn't get another turn, and wasn't asked for her impressions about the interview. 

(I wonder if the interview ended a segment early.  I don't remember them ever discussing an interview right after it ended.  Did they do that for the Don Jr. interview?  I remember that Whoopie ended that one early because she had had enough.)

Mary was Colbert's only guest on his show last night, and it was a much better interview, just in general, and for her as well.  She was probably the most comfortable I've seen her, and she even laughed a few times at things he was saying.

Yes. I think Mary Trump is a person who’s just not naturally comfortable in front of a camera. 

• Love 20
Just now, tinkerbell said:

Meghan's problem with the book is that she sees it as a "tell all" , exposing the dirty secrets of all  of the trump family.    it's not.  It's meant as an explanation, from a clinical psychologist, of how donald trump became who he is.   

Yes it's not like Mary Trump rehashed the Donald/Ivana/Marla affair.

Meghan is just mad that things don't look good for her team. I expect to her get even more pissy as we get closer to November.

• Love 24

Ha I g read Mary Trump’s boom it seems glaringly obvious to me that Meghan only read the intro. 
It’s a fascinating book and explains a lot of Donald’s behavior, especially his bullying and  defensiveness. 

That wS supposed to say Having read Mary Trump’s book. 

My phone is obviously drunk.. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 7
(edited)

Meghan says that she comes from a close family.  But is she herself close with her family?  For example, there's no question that Abby comes from a close family.  But Meghan - who knows?  Except for her father, she rarely mentions any of her family members, or ever seems to see them.  Maybe they've asked her not to talk about them, and she's honoring that request.  

Also, since she was criticizing Mary for not knowing Ivanka and Don Jr., I wonder how close she is with her own half-siblings, who are around Mary's age.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 24
6 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan says that she comes from a close family.  But is she herself close with her family?  For instance, there's no question that Abby comes from a close family.  But Meghan - who knows?  Except for her father, she rarely mentions any of her family members, or ever seems to see them.  Maybe they've asked her not to talk about them, and she's honoring that.  

Also, since she was criticizing Mary for not knowing Ivanka and Don Jr., I wonder how close she is with her own half-siblings, who are around Mary's age.

Exactly! she has an older sister who is a liberal Democrat, I wonder if she speaks to her about her views..

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

So Meghan says the standard is four weeks bereavement leave???

The average worker gets half a day for the funeral.  More than that comes out of your vacation days or sick days.  Unless you are MM with a falling-over-backward-for-you employer like ABC.

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, lusinia said:

MM often says she has one sister (Bridgit), forgetting her Democrat half-sister (Sidney, who John McCain loved to bounce ideas off).  She often forgets her half-step-siblings Douglas & Andrew unless she can make their story about her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

Questions like "what would you do?" and "what do you think?" come out of the Zero-Preparation Moderator's handbook.

1 minute ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Donda West died 13 years ago. Why is she talking about parent death with regards to Kanye?

In 13 years (4748 days) MeAgain will still be counting the days since her father died.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Not being close friends with extended family is not indicative of anything suspicious. It's normal.

True. Even in families that aren’t as dysfunctional as this one. 

12 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Donda West died 13 years ago. Why is she talking about parent death with regards to Kanye?

Because she want to milk her own grief as long as she can. 

• Love 17
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Apparently, a big story in the tabloids today is that Kanye's breakdown, according to his former "stepdad", is due to his unresolved grief over his mother's death, and that Kanye blames himself for her death. 

That didn't quite fit with Meghan's agenda, and it looks like she omitted those details so that it didn't sound like a stretch when she brought up the grief she felt after a parent's death. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, OnTime said:

So Meghan says the standard is four weeks bereavement leave???

I know her job is harder to do post a serious loss because she's on TV and her father was famous, but I was surprised she said that, so out of touch. No Meghan, most of us do not get to take a month off if we lose a loved one. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I know her job is harder to do post a serious loss because she's on TV and her father was famous, but I was surprised she said that, so out of touch. No Meghan, most of us do not get to take a month off if we lose a loved one. 

Most of us do not get to take a week off. And if we do it's at our own expense.

• Love 11

Kanye's mom died 13 years ago and he was an adult then and now but he can't be blamed for his body's chemistry. Refusing to take the meds that regulate his chemistry is a separate issue.

July 12 is his mom's birthday and in recent years he has experienced some serious manic episodes during the spring and summer months.

It is possible that unresolved grief and guilt about not talking her out of what turned out to be a fatal elective surgery play a part in that timing.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Most of us do not get to take a week off. And if we do it's at our own expense.

Some "kind" employers give three days if one loses a child.  A CHILD!  Then I guess it's "Back to work, Missy."

• Love 8
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan's problem with the book is that she sees it as a "tell all" , exposing the dirty secrets of all  of the trump family.    it's not.  It's meant as an explanation, from a clinical psychologist, of how donald trump became who he is.    Meghan trying to poke holes in it seems pathetic, as does her interruption with explanations about how things are in HER family.  

It's not about YOU, Meghan!  

1.  Did Meghan even READ the book?

2.  Just like the White House "comment," that the book is full of lies...especially about the racial insults.  The book apparently didn't cover that topic at all.  I left the audiobook in my car (which I rarely use)...need to get it.  NOW!

3.  Can Meghan give us the names and approximate ages of all of her cousins...just your first cousins, Meghan.

• Love 13
On 7/21/2020 at 4:56 PM, OpalNightstream said:

Where the heck was Ray Romano when he took that video? Guess there’s no Covid-19 problem there.

If he was saying "Happy Birthday" to Heaton's son, Daniel (the youngest, born in 1999), it was probably BEFORE many knew of a Covid-19 problem--and families still had great times in restaurants.

His birthday is in January (I had to to a lot of clicking to learn that).  

3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is just mad that things don't look good for her team. I expect to her get even more pissy as we get closer to November.

Thank goodness she'll be on maternity leave for most of that time.

• Love 5