Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/20/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, July 20 – Ice Cube; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, July 21 – Patricia Heaton (Author, “Your Second Act”); John Quiñones (ABC News’ “What Would You Do?”)

Wednesday, July 22 — Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, July 23 — Mary Trump (Author, “Too Much & Never Enough”)

Friday, July 24 — The Political View with Amy McGrath, Kentucky Senate candidate running against Majority Leader Mitch McConnell; performance from former co-host of “The View,” Raven-Symoné (“Infrasounds”)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Mary Trump should be interesting. 

I bet you Nutmeg will try to go after her and fail as always looking like the ignorant nasty fool she has always been..

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)

Last night I saw Mary Trump's 45 minute interview with Rachel Maddow.  Tonight I saw her 45 minute interview with Chris Cuomo.  I think I can safely say that she is calm, cool, and collected.  Besides, she's a psychologist.  Meghan won't faze her at all.  

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Can you guys please fill me in on Patricia Heaton? What did she do? 

She shamelessly advances a false narrative for shock value and is extremely divisive because rather than stating facts she gets personal and goes low when expressing her opinion. A person is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts. You could google for more information. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, suomi said:

She shamelessly advances a false narrative for shock value and is extremely divisive because rather than stating facts she gets personal and goes low when expressing her opinion. A person is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts. You could google for more information. 

Thank you. :)

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Axie said:

I bet Meghan won’t be there Thursday.  I won’t be there Tuesday.  Yuck.

Me either. I cannot stand her. The only way I would watch is if one of the panelists asked her about her husband sexually harassing women on her awful sitcom. If that happens-I am in.         

• Love 5

I am looking forward to Mary Trump's interview, as I wasn't too impressed with the Mddow interview. Could be because it was pre-recorded (Maddow was on vacation from her show last week, but they stuck this interview in) and it wasn't edited too well. At times Mary Trump would respond, and then 'dead air' for a few seconds, since she wouldn't elaborate. I'm not sure if it's because she's not comfortable being interviewed, or because she was restricted in what she could say. It made for a disappointing conversation (for me). Maddow really struggled to get information at times.  The final edit was rather choppy, and I expected much better from Maddow and her team.

I didn't see Cuomo, not sure if that was pre-recorded, too. I really hope that Thursday's interview is live and not pre-recorded. If these interviews with her are indeed pre-recorded, that means she probably is getting rights to 'final edit' with her legal team, most likely for legal reasons.

Next week looks like a 'dreadful week' once again. Ice Cube, Patricia Horton, Raven Symone ? I can do without all of them. But thank heavens we have 'View Your Deal' on Monday !!!!!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

As to the Mary Trump interviews...Chris Cuomo's interview was far superior to Rachel's.  Mary seemed more relaxed with him, and gave more compete answers.  It seemed with Rachel, there were a lot of short and one word answers, as I remember. She doe not show a  lot of emotion.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 10:52 AM, lookeyloo said:

I do not like Patricia Heaton.

I saw her during a taping of Everyone Loves Raymond and she had a stick up her ass. 
I’ll pass and wait to read here if John is on to let us all know that Sara is on his show this week. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Dear Meghan,

It's not your turn today. It's someone else's turn today. It's sad, and it even hurts your head, but sometimes it's not your turn. Other people, maybe you've heard of them, sometimes they get a turn. It won't hurt forever, it will just feel like forever, but you can do it. Give it a fucking try, OK? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
49 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I saw her during a taping of Everyone Loves Raymond and she had a stick up her ass. 
I’ll pass and wait to read here if John is on to let us all know that Sara is on his show this week. 

Patricia Heaton's current show is AWFUL.  I wonder if it has been or will be cancelled.   It's one joke -  A flighty, middle-aged woman who doesn't seem very bright, somehow gets into medical school and is an intern.  So every joke is about how she's the "mom"  and the other interns are "kids." The show tries to say something about middle-aged women being taken seriously in the workplace, but it tries too hard , comes across preachy with dumb jokes and Heaton delivers punchlines like she's still playing the "mom"  from her other shows.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I read that PHs show was cancelled which kind of disappointed me because that had set up Kelsey Grammer to come on as her  ex husband and new boss.  Could have been funny?

And thank you View Your Deal!  I have to have the bedazzled face mask and the hamburger socks.  

I will wear them together, just the socks and mask 😈🤡

Edited by Lifesabeach
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I wonder if it has been or will be cancelled.

It's cancelled.  What's funny is, I guess no one took that possibility into account when they chose to give her book the exact same title.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I need more of Sunny dragging people. That is all.

I was pretty confused by that because Sunny laid out a bunch of facts, twice, and he said, twice, everything you just said is inaccurate.  And then he laid out his answers.  Was Sunny wrong or misrepresenting? Was he spinning and/or lying?

• Love 1
(edited)

The chemicals used in Covid tests are called "re-A-gents", not "regents", Missy.

Oops, I see others beat me to it, but really, who does NOT know this, besides MM?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Meghan must be misremembering the conversation she had with Congressman Lewis when he was on the show.  She said that he spoke to her about her father's passing, but the date on the screen was January 15, 2018, and John McCain didn't die until the following August (I did check to see if the producers got the year wrong).   

And it was pretty classless of her to say during her comments about John Lewis that a) some people tell her she brings up her family too much, and that b) Lewis and McCain had a "political disagreement...and it got very ugly.  I have no interest in rehashing it right now".  So why bring it up at all?  This was not the time to mention what she perceives as attacks on her or her family.  Even when Meghan's trying to be respectful, she just can't put aside any personal grievances. 

Totally agree on her comments about John Lewis. She could have said that they sometimes disagreed but remained colleagues if she wanted to note that...but to say it got ugly, etc was unnecessary.  Clearly she still holds a little grudge,  otherwise why mention it?  It’s always about her no matter who they’re trying to discuss or honor.  

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Totally agree on her comments about John Lewis. She could have said that they sometimes disagreed but remained colleagues if she wanted to note that...but to say it got ugly, etc was unnecessary.  Clearly she still holds a little grudge,  otherwise why mention it?  It’s always about her no matter who they’re trying to discuss or honor.  

And it cannot have been that noteworthy as I just googled and could not find anything on it.  What a bitch she is for even mentioning it. She could've just told about meeting him, which was a nice and appropriate story.  And she doesn't have to preamble with the bitchy and childish: I know everyone hates it when I talk about my family.  What an idiot.

200.gif

• Love 18

And how about when Meghan "corrected" Joy about Jennifer Hudson instead of Jennifer Holliday in Dreamgirls?  Meghan, she was the ORIGINAL Dreamgirl!  Meghan is so fricking arrogant that she thinks she is always right!

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
(edited)
3 hours ago, Axie said:

Love you Governor Hogan!

I just really don't like it when politicians are there to plug their books during a health crisis.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 2
(edited)

I thought the comments on John Lewis was nice. It was nice to hear what the co-hosts remember him by since he was on the show since he is such a part of history. Joy and Sunny seemed really humbled by having him on the show which was nice to see.   I didn't mind Meghan's comments until she brought up the feud. If she had just left that out her comments would have been fine. 

Edited by choclatechip45
added something
  • Love 8
59 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Exactly!  Also, her comments could have sounded authentic but she seemed to either have rehearsed them or on a teleprompter. Probably both.

It was a speech. 

• Love 13

Meghan told a lovely story about meeting John Lewis, but then she had to ruin it by resorting to tribalism. 

1 hour ago, bannana said:

I was pretty confused by that because Sunny laid out a bunch of facts, twice, and he said, twice, everything you just said is inaccurate.  And then he laid out his answers.  Was Sunny wrong or misrepresenting? Was he spinning and/or lying?

I know!  It made Sunny look unprepared, regardless of who had the correct facts. 

1 hour ago, Lifesabeach said:

And thank you View Your Deal!  I have to have the bedazzled face mask and the hamburger socks.  

Gee, now I’m sorry I turned it off. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

And how about when Meghan "corrected" Joy about Jennifer Hudson instead of Jennifer Holliday in Dreamgirls?  Meghan, she was the ORIGINAL Dreamgirl!  Meghan is so fricking arrogant that she thinks she is always right!

When I first read this I thought you had typed ignorant not arrogant. Both apply to Meghan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

This would have been the perfect time for Joy to say:  I am still speaking, child.

• LOL 7
  • Love 11

Of course, MeAgain has to go into a dissertation about meeting John Lewis, even including the fact that her father took his staff along for the meet and greet.  Makes me wonder if the meet up was more of a photo op of some sort to benefit the Senator.  If he wanted his brat daughter to meet the Congressman, couldn't the two of them have gone to his office alone.  Something is off.  

She really didn't need to include the part about them having a political fallout, that was totally unnecessary.  She is so self-absorbed and we know from her comments last week or the week before about holding grudges, she more than likely hasn't gotten over that dustup.  Perhaps the Congressman expressed his concern for her father's diagnosis when he appeared on the show in January of 2018 and she is confused.  Not making excuses for her but that would make sense.  She's such an ass.

• Love 10

Another strange day in MeAgain's world - of course she had to make Lewis' death somehow about her father. She just had to - she can't help herself.

I was impressed with Guv Hogan (though I will admit, he looked like a talking 'thumb') and I like when he shut Sunny down. You can tell when she's upset or embarrassed - she does this weird quivering smile where she looks like she's swallowing her bottom lip, and then closes her eyes. It happened twice with Hogan and he made her look like a fool.

Ahhh - and VYD! I was up all night trying to figure out where I could buy sparkly masks and hamburger socks for 'one low price'. I think I'll wait a little longer - like six weeks - where I'll find the overstock (even cheaper) sitting on the shelves of Family Dollar and TJ Maxx.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Did John come on?  Last i remember seeing was VYD and tuned it out.  If he was just a blip to promote, i prob fast forwarded right through it

(edited)

Lol, I noticed that. And that smirk like she wanted so badly to correct Joy.  Meghan got lucky and was probably told during the break who Jennifer Holiday was. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Lol, I noticed that. And that smirk like she wanted so badly to correct Joy.  Meghan got lucky and was probably told during the break who Jennifer Holiday was. 

But see . . . Me-again wasn't BORN then, so it didn't happen.  Duh.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
(edited)

This is so boring today.

I hate the concept of “what would you do.”  I think it promotes division and confrontation, especially when tackling a political issue, rather than getting people to see both sides. It exploits people for entertainment. I don’t want to see people fighting. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
On 7/20/2020 at 10:45 AM, Triviatrish2 said:

As to the Mary Trump interviews...Chris Cuomo's interview was far superior to Rachel's.  Mary seemed more relaxed with him, and gave more compete answers.  It seemed with Rachel, there were a lot of short and one word answers, as I remember. She doe not show a  lot of emotion.

Rachel made a comment about the difficulty she and Mary Trump had in arranging their interview. I got the impression there wasn’t a lot of time to prepare. 

• Love 2

Worse than Afghanistan?!!!!!!!

When she was talking about these anonymous federal troops, Whoopie said that "we need to pay attention to the little things", and I'm thinking, "Whoopie, this is hardly a little thing", but then a few minutes later she said "this is different".  Sometimes Whoopie's thoughts are so disjointed.   

They're all enjoying getting more time to talk, aren't they?  You can also tell that they appreciated having an entire hour to themselves, with no Meghan to monopolize the conversation. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11