Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Ultimatums And Ugly Truths

• Start Topic

Tension runs high when Angela meets Michael's friends. Colt is torn between his mum and his girlfriend. Cultures clash when Andrei's family challenges Elizabeth's role as head of household. Larissa is given an ultimatum.

Airs July 19, 2020.

At last count, weren't the only people coming from Libby's family her father, mother and Jenn? Libby expects to plan the menu around three people's tastes? Okay, I wouldn't opt for rabbit myself, but there certainly must be something that would please American palates. no matter how unsophisticated. Did Libby really expect they were going to have a chef led "food tasting?"  

And she's back to wearing that too bright lipstick that only draws attention to her lopsided lips. 

• Love 20
(edited)

Maybe McDonald's has a store in Moldova? Or KFC?, and then her picky family can have something for their sophisticated pallets.  

Libby's family is saved!   There's a McDonald's not far from Andrei's home town.   I wouldn't be surprised if Libby's relatives actually swing by Mickey D's on the way to the wedding, and every meal.     The spread that Andrei's mother put out for lunch was wonderful, and I bet banquet style Moldovan food is just as nice.     

Andrei said there's a McDonald's across the street from the venue, so the coven can get their food delivered.     That way they won't have to eat anything that might open their tastes to something besides McDonalds, or pizza. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

As awful as Andrei can be, I still prefer him over Libby. They had an American wedding for her family, this one is for his. And if her family can't get through one evening without even trying the food then they're total weenies. They don't even have to be there.

We all know what is coming:  "What IS this?  Do they REALLY eat this?  Is it safe??" all delivered in a panic!

Good Lord, as a two time bride I can tell you:  Not everyone is gonna like what you serve and oh well - swing by a Subway on the way home, then.

Libby has the role of "I need permission for everything I do" down pat.

And we well knew Ang was gonna lose her crap and Michael hanging around with three women, especially ones that can tote a baby!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

At last count, weren't the only people coming from Libby's family her father, mother and Jenn? Libby expects to plan the menu around three people's tastes? Okay, I wouldn't opt for rabbit myself, but there certainly must be something that would please American palates. no matter how unsophisticated. Did Libby really expect they were going to have a chef led "food tasting?"  

And she's back to wearing that too bright lipstick that only draws attention to her lopsided lips. 

If my daughter who'll eat nothing but rice, plain pasta, and store brand Pop Tarts can find something she likes in Sarajevo then surely to goodness Libby's family can get through a single meal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Maybe McDonald's has a store in Moldova? Or KFC?, and then her picky family can have something for their sophisticated pallets.     

That’s exactly what Andrei suggested and I found it to be a perfectly reasonable recommendation. I’ve been to all kinds of weddings. Some were vegetarian, some where no food was served at all and that was right here in the U.S.  I sucked it up and ate something after the wedding, even if the ceremony was super long. Grow up, Libby. I personally don’t like to eat “American” food in other countries because it usually tastes awful and I enjoy trying new foods unless it goes against my dietary restrictions. 

I admit that I laughed at Andrei screaming at Libby about her “thoughts.” Why was she freaking out about locking the car doors while her father-in-law sat in the car with the baby? 

• Love 9

Family Libby hasn't done a thing, on air anyway, to make Andrei or his father feel at home. What has her family done to bring Moldova to Florida? And I'm getting sick of her "they've never been to eastern Europe before so they don't know what to do." They're adults. People who work tourism jobs usually know at least a smattering of English. Even in Moldova, especially the capital, they'll find menus translated. Pick up a guide book and find something to do. They're not helpless.

• Love 22
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Family Libby hasn't done a thing, on air anyway, to make Andrei or his father feel at home. What has her family done to bring Moldova to Florida? And I'm getting sick of her "they've never been to eastern Europe before so they don't know what to do." They're adults. People who work tourism jobs usually know at least a smattering of English. Even in Moldova, especially the capital, they'll find menus translated. Pick up a guide book and find something to do. They're not helpless.

Well, in all fairness, (and I am NOT defending Family Libby) they did buy fireworks display for PapaAndrei to make him feel welcome.  But that was about it.

On 7/15/2020 at 12:06 AM, mamadrama said:

If my daughter who'll eat nothing but rice, plain pasta, and store brand Pop Tarts can find something she likes in Sarajevo then surely to goodness Libby's family can get through a single meal.

And if the student I once worked with who ate nothing but chicken nuggets and chocolate milk can make it in Mexico, they are good in Molvada.

20 hours ago, charmed1 said:
On 7/14/2020 at 6:53 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

That’s exactly what Andrei suggested and I found it to be a perfectly reasonable recommendation. I’ve been to all kinds of weddings. Some were vegetarian, some where no food was served at all and that was right here in the U.S.  I sucked it up and ate something after the wedding, even if the ceremony was super long.

Same here.  My hubby does not like chicken.  He will eat it at a wedding if it is drowned with enough sauce, but he will fill up on lots of other things, say thank you for the lovely meal and never complain.  Again, skipping record here, but as a two time bride (and I have hosted LOTS of dinner parties) I can not imagine someone coming to my home/even and bitching. Granted, I don't serve octopus and chocolate covered ants.

Libby: "We need to lock your dad in the car."  Huh?  

13 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I don’t blame Syngin for packing on the alcohol pounds (I’d be shooting up heroin if I had to deal with Tania on a daily basis)

Lord, I would be day drunk all the damn time.  Does Total Wine and More deliver?  They do?  Great.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Lord, I would be day drunk all the damn time.  Does Total Wine and More deliver?  They do?  Great.

And they have a curbside pick-up that is every bit as good as Walmart!!!!  Drive up, park in a marked space, text them, and some strong person totes all your bags out and puts them in the car for you.  We stock up once a month or so.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And they have a curbside pick-up that is every bit as good as Walmart!!!!  Drive up, park in a marked space, text them, and some strong person totes all your bags out and puts them in the car for you.  We stock up once a month or so.

At Wal-Mart or Total Wine and More?  Cause if it is the second one......I sense a road trip, lol!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Libby: "We need to lock your dad in the car."  Huh?

The Coven probably found some warnings about the Infamous Moldovan Baby Snatching Ring. Didn't one of them say something about tourists being kidnapped and held for ransom or was that another Ugly American? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
On 7/15/2020 at 9:23 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Libby, no one is stopping your family from having a meal before the wedding, whether it be at McDonald’s or Panda Express or maybe they can even eat at the friggin’ AirBnB that you are renting for them! I know, crazy, right? I assume the place has an actual working kitchen.

I almost totally agree with this, EXCEPT, I'm pretty sure that Pappa Libby is the one who rented the AirBnB.

• Love 2

The venue was nice also, I thought.  What does Libby want?  I cannot stand her.

She MUST have a food tasting.  Your own family brings grocery store takeout for family events, get off your high horse.

Colt and his girlfriend are quite the beefy couple.  She sees already that Larissa was telling the truth about psycho Debbie.

What did I miss when Larissa had to urgently appear at immigration?  I lost track somewhere.

• Love 7
(edited)

Larissa had some kind of meeting at Immigration, discussing her status, and the domestic violence cases.    She told her friend that was driving her who to contact if they kept her at the building, and deported her.     That was a non-event, and she just went back home with her friend after.     It was just filler, and nothing exciting. 

The big fun for me was Michael and his furry buddy.     That was a big rat.   (I hope that was on the same episode, I'm very confused)

Libby's wedding venue was lovely.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Watched the half hour sneak peek.

Larissa, you need to listen to your lawyer and keep your head down and do nothing for a very long time. Not sure you being back with Eric-ee is a good idea.

At least Colt got the hotel room thing modified. No, having your mother in the same room with your new girlfriend in the next room is not a good idea. Debbie needs her own space and she can find things to do. You really don't want her there. Both you and Jess were a bit rude making out in the car and not being able to wait to go at it in your hotel room. Your mother does not need to hear or see that. I'd be feeling ill after a long flight. What do the two of you proposed to do with Debbie for the trip? Jess has seen the 'rude' and not nice 'old lady' side of Debbie, but she brought some of it on her own by her behaviour toward Colt with his mother a couple feet away.

The venue did look a bit dated, but could work. How much budget do Libby and Andreii have? I would most likely pass on the rabbit for dinner. Not everyone likes or can eat wild meat. Also not a common North American entree. It's unlikely that the catering place is going to make a whole bunch of food for folks to get a free meal and then go somewhere else. They didn't have to even show pictures. Just a few sample menus, along with prices per person, whether it's a plated dinner or a buffet. Probably two options - fish or rabbit, and beef or chicken. Plus their useless fighting and Libby's too dark lipstick.

Only a tease of Ange and My-kull.

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I almost totally agree with this, EXCEPT, I'm pretty sure that Pappa Libby is the one who rented the AirBnB.

He footing the whole wedding so I think It’s not out of order to want to taste the food  In fact have something special for Dad to show appreciation.  He’s a entitled brat. When she came back home from asking him to pay the stay at home master of the home was saying they needed to have a big show worth thousands.  grrrrrrr 

Edited by athousandclowns
Auto correct
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

Colt and his girlfriend are quite the beefy couple.  She sees already that Larissa was telling the truth about psycho Debbie.

If she and Colt were actually a couple, I would have predicted both of them having a visit to Dr. Now in their not-too-distant future. 😲

11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Larissa, you need to listen to your lawyer and keep your head down and do nothing for a very long time. Not sure you being back with Eric-ee is a good idea.

And for gawd's sake, DON'T APPEAR ON ANY TV SHOWS.  

Okay, I know an attorney wouldn't tell her that, but I'd be extremely appreciative if she did just keep her silicone-filled head down and do nothing...including staying off of my TV screen.  

• Love 5

This thought came to me last night and it could be posted in any of the 90 Day iterations, but I'll add it here. Whenever someone in their TH is being interviewed about their ex, (like Colt, Larissa, Darcey, Tom, Ed, Stephanie, etc.) they ALWAYS use the cliche "I wish her/him well" when it's obvious that they really hope the ex begs for their forgiveness as they die a slow and painful death. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I got all the way down to #12 and found not a single thing that I wouldn't eat

Except for #12– ‘Răcitura’ – Meat Jelly...YMMV :0)

The rest look delicious

None are shaped like a square fish pattie.

1 minute ago, artisto said:

The rest look delicious

None are shaped like a square fish pattie.

Looks like I stopped scrolling just in time 😄 Yeah, I would pass on meat jelly. 

I found it really interesting that stuffed cabbage and stuffed peppers are apparently so popular in Moldova.  I love both of those dishes and make them quite frequently.  I'd love to try another country's version of them.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I found it really interesting that stuffed cabbage and stuffed peppers are apparently so popular in Moldova.

There was a Hungarian restaurant in Toledo OH we used to go to when I lived there.

They had the best stuffed cabbage and nokedli (I believe they are called)

(edited)
On 7/14/2020 at 10:38 AM, mamadrama said:

As awful as Andrei can be, I still prefer him over Libby. They had an American wedding for her family, this one is for his. And if her family can't get through one evening without even trying the food then they're total weenies. They don't even have to be there.

I think the Michaelangela friends scene screams production setup. That doesn't mean Angela knew about it ahead of time, though. Of course she was going to lose her shit over three attractive women hanging out with Michael. 

Libby's family sounds ignorant and fucking stupid.  I went to Dakar Senegal in 1983 and I ate THEIR food.  I would never be so ignorant as to ask for McDonald's or Fried Chicken.  Andrei should have told Libby that if her ignorant family wants burgers and fries they should stay their asses home.  And NO Libby, not all Americans eat fried chicken at weddings.  What a dumbass!  Have we Americans always been so....ugly?

Angela is a nasty, racist See You Next Tuesday.  She's one of these white women who thinks that because she's got a black man and biracial grandchildren that there's no way she can be a racist.  But as soon as she got a good look at those attractive black women, she lost her shit.  She's no better than Baby Girl Lisa, for losing her shit when she saw that beautiful Nigerian model.  If she's THAT insecure, she doesn't need marriage, she needs therapy.

And note to Kalani's ignorant father.  If he can't see that Asuelu is depressed then he's dumber than I thought.

I can't stand either Syngin or Tania.  Both of them are children who have no business married.  Syngin the vows say "In Sickness And In Health," just in case you didn't know.  And BTW, Tania isn't making him drink, Syngin's just a drunk. 

BTW, I guess Larissa is still in the US because of the way she looks and because she comes from the "right" country; I mean families are being split up and this trash is still in the USA?  Nope, no likey.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 24
7 hours ago, artisto said:

There was a Hungarian restaurant in Toledo OH we used to go to when I lived there.

They had the best stuffed cabbage and nokedli (I believe they are called)

Tony Packo’s!? 😀

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 4:27 AM, artisto said:

On 7/18/2020 at 8:43 AM, artisto said:

The rest look delicious

The meat jelly is the only thing I might hesitate at trying, and that's mostly due to temperature and texture. The rest I would eat no problem. Having traveled to quite a few foreign countries in my life, you really have to try hard to be that difficult to feed. There are usually plenty of options on a menu that most people could eat (and are super delicious!), barring some sort of allergy.

Edited by Zanne
Good grammar is your friend.
  • Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, Kelly said:

Tony Packo’s!? 😀

Actually, it was called the Budapest located on Monroe St..closed a few years back as a restaurant

image.png.29877596f1fc007518bc1b2f73a0d0bf.png 

The Budapest...back in the day....

And...Tony Packo's restaurant was good...

Edited by artisto
2 hours ago, artisto said:

Actually, it was called the Budapest located on Monroe St..closed a few years back as a restaurant

image.png.29877596f1fc007518bc1b2f73a0d0bf.png 

The Budapest...back in the day....

And...Tony Packo's restaurant was good...

Klinger loved it!

• Love 3

Jess and Colteeeee:  I could have done without seeing Jess's butt hanging out of her floral couch-cover shorts.  I swear, if she doesn't stop talking about needing and having sex ALL.THE. DAMN. TIME!   She seriously seems to be obsessed and it's like she has a psychological problem! 

Libby and Andrrreei:  Libby...can she get a better-fitting dress than the mustard-yellow contraption that is way too low cut for a TH interview?  And the way Andrei keeps putting her down.  UGH>  I can't stand that asshole. 

Angela and Michael--She must be convinced that he is having and affair and has relationships with these women.  She is so responsible at home but she turns into a lunatic in Africa!  Did we miss something in the editing or did she literally sit down and stand back up and go off? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Libby and Andrrreei - What is the deal with Libby and the food.  Who goes to another country to eat what you have at home.  The best part of international travel is trying foods you don't have home.  

Angela and Michael - I'm only interested in what's happening with them today and non of the pre wedding drama.  

• Love 11

I can’t believe Andrei has the nerve to say her parents are rude, and he’s afraid they’ll be rude to his family!    He has never been anything but nasty and rude to her family, horribly so, while continuing to take whatever he can from them.  He’s so arrogant, he acts like they owe it to him.  On top of that, he’s soooo lazy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

Michael should have left Angela at the bar the minute she started screaming.  She and baby girl Lisa need to be best friends off of my TV screen.  

Libby finally walked away from Andrei when he was being disrespectful.  I don't understand what she sees in him, but to each their own. 

Low was the real MVP this episode. He was straight to the point with Asuelu and didn't even break a sweat.  He needs to meet up with Libby's dad and give him a few pointers. 

• Love 8

Asshole Asuelu--the difference between how he talks to his father-in-law and his wife are completely different.  I am not buying his story about being misunderstood.  Just saying...

Was Libby wearing house shoes in the church?  I HATE it when Andrei changes the translation to suit his purposes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
32 minutes ago, mellowjoi said:

Libby and Andrrreei - What is the deal with Libby and the food.  Who goes to another country to eat what you have at home.  The best part of international travel is trying foods you don't have home.  

Angela and Michael - I'm only interested in what's happening with them today and non of the pre wedding drama.  

I'm not surprised by Libby's behavior surrounding the food.  We went to Spain for two weeks as part of our grad school program.  This one particular woman whined the entire time that she couldn't have American food. 

Just now, spunky said:

I'm not surprised by Libby's behavior surrounding the food.  We went to Spain for two weeks as part of our grad school program.  This one particular woman whined the entire time that she couldn't have American food. 

Then why travel???   The best part of traveling is experiencing different foods and the culture/history behind the foods.  No wonder people think Americans are self-centered.  Because so many of us are! 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, suzywallis said:

Then why travel???   The best part of traveling is experiencing different foods and the culture/history behind the foods.  No wonder people think Americans are self-centered.  Because so many of us are! 

We were all side eyeing her the entire time.  I love trying new foods as long as I know it won't kill me.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, spunky said:

We were all side eyeing her the entire time.  I love trying new foods as long as I know it won't kill me.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone told her a food was something she would eat just to see if she would!, while it was actually something like goat or whatever LOL

• LOL 1
On 7/14/2020 at 8:03 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

We all know what is coming:  "What IS this?  Do they REALLY eat this?  Is it safe??" all delivered in a panic!

Good Lord, as a two time bride I can tell you:  Not everyone is gonna like what you serve and oh well - swing by a Subway on the way home, then.

Libby has the role of "I need permission for everything I do" down pat.

And we well knew Ang was gonna lose her crap and Michael hanging around with three women, especially ones that can tote a baby!!!

My husband and I went to a Russian wedding here in New York.  Very different than all the other weddings we go to.  First course was a platter of fried potatoes, second was meat on a stick, then other things that weren’t familiar.  All came one after another.  Plus, a lot of vodka bottles on the table.  It was different than all the other weddings where they serve the prime rib, potato and veggie, or chicken, or fish.  Everyone goes by their heritage and that’s o.k.  It’s the couples day and they do what they want.  I think we went to an Italian restaurant on the way home.

• Love 4
On 7/15/2020 at 1:06 AM, mamadrama said:

My 6 yr old Grandson eats 3 things.  Pasta, garlic knots and Ceasar salad.  That’s it.  Lol.  My daughter tried everything.  The 9 yr old eats everything but the kitchen sink.  Go figure.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3