Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Ultimatums And Ugly Truths

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, suzywallis said:

Asshole Asuelu--the difference between how he talks to his father-in-law and his wife are completely different.  I am not buying his story about being misunderstood.  Just saying...

Assholio is afraid his father-in-law is going to kick his ass.

• Love 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She was acting like the Eastern Orthodox religion was some sort of fringe cult. It was established in the first century AD and has over 230 million members world wide. Libby, you are not joining the Children of God or the Millerites or Scientology. Get a fucking grip.

LOL, so true!

But Libby's dumb, so she probably thought it was a cult.  I bet she wanted to go to McDonald's for dinner.

Ugh, so many HUGE EGO's; so much low self esteem.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, renatae said:

Debbie's major malfunction these days seems to rear its head whenever children are mentioned. Seems as though she has spent Colt's adult life convincing herself there will never be any children to take his attention from her. She is pathetically self-involved, and marking her territory in an equally pathetic manner.

I couldn't get over that, like, clearly he and his relationship are gross but her biggest concern seemed to be expressed solely as him getting married and having children, again, gross, but also a normal human relationship.

The issue never seemed to be that they appear to both be mentally ill, the concern seemed to basically be him getting married and having children, which, again, gross, but something a mother would normally want for their child.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Larissa’s lips must enter a room before she does.  Why do women disfigure themselves? So sad.

Have you seen Kamala Harris recently? She looks like she’s The Joker’s mother. Didn’t recognize her till she opened her mouth and started talking. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Angela bursts a blood vessel every time Michael is in the same zip code as a woman under 50, so, I have a feeling those three attractive young ladies were production plants.

That whole scene was so staged, they were sitting there in a row like they were waiting for their cue from the director.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

hopefully the chicken will be "normal" enough for her family. 

But will it be up to their impossibly high standards? 

Looks from the previews that Libby’s Mom isn’t there, just Chuck, Jenn and the one brother who is not married to the bitchy little blonde? These three unsophisticated yahoos are who Libby is so worried about pleasing with the menu? 

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, outtahere said:

Perhaps Libby should use a translator app like everyone else.

Even unreliable Google Translate would be more accurate than Andrei, whom I suspect mistranslates on purpose to suit his agenda 

• Love 14

In all fairness, Libby does not seem to have a problem with the food. And if her father is paying for this wedding, she should have something that the family also can enjoy, if only to minimize complaints/scenes. She also understands some of the language but is not fluent. She said she understood pretty well when they went out with his friends.

I'm an adventurous eater and eat rabbit, ate horse in Paris, but the food on the link shared did not appeal to me at all. It's certainly edible, however. And I thought it was customary to have a menu and cake tasting when preparing for a wedding. She needs to know what some of that stuff tastes like even if her ugly Americans weren't attending the wedding.

Agree that the sister-in-law could be a stealth bitch. That said, she does believe Andreii should work. And all this talk of independent women is driving me crazy. That asshat didn't work before Eleanor was born. Elizabeth needs to explain that in the U.S. women work, in part because it's a hell of a lot more expensive to live here than it is in Moldova, and also that even many well-to-do/wealthy women work because that's how we roll. Andree's caveman act may be exaggerated for this show but he needs to stop. Her family is foolish, but they're going to hate him even more when they see these episodes.

Agree with the person who said that Assuelo is afraid that the father-in-law will kick his ass. 

I have no words for Angela. Didn't she see the previous episode in which he met with his friend and those women? And he should have said to her that he needed to talk with black Americans about what he can expect to experience in the U.S. Poor thing is in for a rude awakening. 

Debbie is fucking crazy and Jess may now call Larissa to get more scoop. That woman needs to cut those apron strings. But hopefully Coltee will get a clue that he'll never keep a girlfriend/wife with that mother around.

There is way too much Larissa.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

I can’t believe Andrei has the nerve to say her parents are rude, and he’s afraid they’ll be rude to his family!    He has never been anything but nasty and rude to her family, horribly so, while continuing to take whatever he can from them.  He’s so arrogant, he acts like they owe it to him.  On top of that, he’s soooo lazy. 

I think they are equally obnoxious!

• Love 3

When manchild Asuela was on the bridge talking to his father-in-law, I was hoping he would find a way to say something like, "I'm in a culture where I don't fit in, I miss my homeland and my family, and my father isn't here to give me the advice and guidance I need. Can you do that for me? Can you be the father figure I need and help me do better?" Of course, he'd say it in a more childlike way because I genuinely think he has the mentality of a much younger person.  Then his scary father-in-law would take him under his wing and help him become a better man. 

But I know, that's way too much to expect from this show.

Libby's comments about wanting American food at her wedding were outrageous. It's ONE MEAL. Can her family not take on a sense of adventure and explore her husband's culture for just the duration of a reception? Eastern European food is not so strange. Heavy on the meat, some of it unfamiliar, but there would be plenty of vegetables and starches too. If you can't fill your American belly, for god's sake just get a sandwich later.

Libby is just another American who marries someone from another country without bothering to learn or appreciate any of their culture. Who goes to be baptised (!) without taking the time to learn what it means and how to act? Her whole attitude is so dismissive and contemptuous of her husband's culture, religion, and his family. 

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, politichick said:

In all fairness, Libby does not seem to have a problem with the food. And if her father is paying for this wedding, she should have something that the family also can enjoy, if only to minimize complaints/scenes. 

I do not believe for one second that Chuck the deadbeat dad is paying for the wedding. Not for one second. TLC is paying and this is their storyline. Its tired and shopworn but its a storyline much loved by this franchise. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, renatae said:

It took the most recent preview of B90 Strikes Back to convince me I've had enough. Too much self-congratulatory Ed, defensive and snippy David, and ever nastier Rose.

I quit watching too.  I couldn’t stand Rose from the beginning.  This show just confirmed my opinion of her.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, politichick said:

Debbie is fucking crazy and Jess may now call Larissa to get more scoop. That woman needs to cut those apron strings. But hopefully Coltee will get a clue that he'll never keep a girlfriend/wife with that mother around.

Ugh, Debbie, I forgot about her.  She's a piece of work.

The thing is one person should not be your everything, not your parent, not your partner, not your best friend.  People move, people die.  We need communities of people to lean on.  Debbie is clinging too close to Colt; if she had friends, a community of people separate from Colt she would not be so invested in who he was dating.  

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

What’s with Jess and the rabid sex talk all the time?  Geez! It’s fat flabby Coltee. I think the eyebrows probably deliver more action.

Debbie’s lumberjack flannel look doesn’t fit with spicy sexy Brazil somehow. Isn’t it hot there?

Libby looks younger without makeup. Andrrrrrei is an ass, but I think it’s an act for TV only. Family Libby will be trying for an Oscar when they arrive and loudly hate everything.

Come on, TLC. Michael deserves that American green card. Give him one.  He’s gone through enough with explosive loon Ange.

Larissa’s lips must enter a room before she does.  Why do women disfigure themselves? So sad.

Well fellow posters something bad happened in my house last night, my husband breezed thru the room when Larissa was on the screen, she was trying to get Eric to pay for her augmentation and then "IT" happened, he said, (I am taking a deep breath now), "she is one of the more attractive women on this show," so now I have to divorce him, you all understand why, right?

Jess and Colt and the constant sex talk is nauseating, the only thing that would have made that breakfast scene with Debbie and Colt would have been if Debbie would have done a spit take when Colt said that Jess is loud in bed.  Do better Debbie, lol.

Angela and that screaming in the car was the real deal, nobody could muster up that kind rage, how can Mah-kul ever get a hard on for that woman?

If Mah-kul is even entertaining the option of Angela living in Nigeria he is stupid, she will not be able to work there, hell even he can't find a job there.  

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Ugh, Debbie, I forgot about her.  She's a piece of work.

The thing is one person should not be your everything, not your parent, not your partner, not your best friend.  People move, people die.  We need communities of people to lean on.  Debbie is clinging too close to Colt; if she had friends, a community of people separate from Colt she would not be so invested in who he was dating.  

But Colt just bought into all of it for his own odd reasons.  His whole speech to Jess ("we both lost parents! We're in the same boat! You need to understand that I HAVE to take care of my mother!") seems to be how he really thinks... maybe because he's always been the weird guy who likely didn't have a busy social life so Mom filled in.  His line, "she's not a nice person but she's my person" sort of said it all.  It's not normal.  Theirs is surely an unhealthy co-dependent relationship.  Most of of have lost people close to us.  Sad, but it's part of life. No one escapes it but that's no reason to hold each other hostage the rest of their lives.

• Love 13
(edited)
26 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

But Colt just bought into all of it for his own odd reasons.  His whole speech to Jess ("we both lost parents! We're in the same boat! You need to understand that I HAVE to take care of my mother!") seems to be how he really thinks... maybe because he's always been the weird guy who likely didn't have a busy social life so Mom filled in.  His line, "she's not a nice person but she's my person" sort of said it all.  It's not normal.  Theirs is surely an unhealthy co-dependent relationship.  Most of of have lost people close to us.  Sad, but it's part of life. No one escapes it but that's no reason to hold each other hostage the rest of their lives.

Both of them need communities and friends to hang out with.  And I'd say the same thing if this were a couple, a couple can hold each other hostage too.

Angela is just a nasty, racist pig with a big fat ego and zero self esteem.  I wish we could deport her.

And BTW, why does SHE have to take care of her grandchildren?  Why don't THEIR PARENTS take care of them?  My grandfather told my mother, "I've done my job, now you do yours."  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

It is an unhealthy, co-dependent  relationship. Debbie needs her own interests, her own space. As does Colt. He has it good where he is and doesn’t really want to change and be independent. And Debbie guilts him every single day. One single person cannot meet all of your needs every minute of the day. That is a lot to expect. You share what you have and not sign up to be a doormat. Colt will not have any successful relationship unless his partner also considers his mom to be her boss or Debbie gets her own home and a life outside her son.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

It is an unhealthy, co-dependent  relationship. Debbie needs her own interests, her own space. As does Colt. He has it good where he is and doesn’t really want to change and be independent. And Debbie guilts him every single day. One single person cannot meet all of your needs every minute of the day. That is a lot to expect. You share what you have and not sign up to be a doormat. Colt will not have any successful relationship unless his partner also considers his mom to be her boss or Debbie gets her own home and a life outside her son.

The relationship may be unhealthy but it's like what Dr. Phil says, "How's that working for you?"  The thing is, right now it works for both of them.  Debbie probably does all the cooking and cleaning,  so Colt doesn't have to do it.  And neither one of them has to go out of their comfort zone and meet new people.  

It's like someone like David who'd rather "date" a phantom like Lana rather than date a real life woman.

I find it interesting that some of these women tell a man, "don't tell me what to do!" but have no problem telling that same man what to do.  I thought Angela was disrespectful with those women.  So what Michael didn't tell her that women would be there, is she that fucking insecure.  If she's THAT insecure then she needs therapy, not a husband.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

They looked like Uggs Slippers.  I have the same, but don’t wear them to Church, lol.

The dress looked like a nightgown and the furry slippers where on I guess so she could slip her feet into the water. ( didn’t pack flip flops I guess)  
My late husband was Russian and when his dad died we flew immediately to PA and already missed one ceremony. I had little experience with funerals and only packed  one funeral dress not knowing it would go on for days. hard core rituals.  
Surly the brother sister-in-law know she was going through the motion / baptism so they could get married in the church and have the baby baptized.  What would indicate that she wanted to take their religion on were they church going couple before? I don’t think it’s an act he’s a jerk. 
I have it hard to believe Angela doesn’t loose her shit while caregiving.  I also don’t believe she’s a certified nurses aide. She takes care of her mother and the state pays her to do that.  

• Love 2

The audience had no idea who the women were, much like Angela. Michael could have not surprised her and informed her that his friend was bringing some other friends, maybe so Angela can meet some ex-pats to possibly have some friendships outside of him so she wouldn’t be lonely or isolated. Mykull is marrying her and wants her, even if it is just a ticket to the US. She may never stop flying off the handle to everyone. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The audience had no idea who the women were, much like Angela. Michael could have not surprised her and informed her that his friend was bringing some other friends, maybe so Angela can meet some ex-pats to possibly have some friendships outside of him so she wouldn’t be lonely or isolated.

I don't get it.  I'd like to think I'm not THAT insecure to fly off the handle like that.  Angela's problem is that she has zero self esteem, kind of like Lisa.  

Angela needs her head examined.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get it.  I'd like to think I'm not THAT insecure to fly off the handle like that.  Angela's problem is that she has zero self esteem, kind of like Lisa.  

Angela needs her head examined.

I would think some of this is just fake drama. Maybe beef up Ange’s storyline.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

And BTW, why does SHE have to take care of her grandchildren?  Why don't THEIR PARENTS take care of them? 

I believe Skyla does take care of her three and they live nearby with her and her boyfriend, but probably spend a great deal of time at MawMaws with their cousins whose mother is in prison. My hunch, too, is that when Angela is doing her work with hospice patients, that Skyla is at Angela's house watching all six kids and Angela's mother as a paid caregiver. I forget where she was going one day, but Angela said something about a guy (Eddie, maybe?) who came to take care of her mother when she had to go out. Again, I'm not sure, but I think that might be the father of Skyla's children. 

• Useful 2
31 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I also don’t believe she’s a certified nurses aide. She takes care of her mother and the state pays her to do that.  

On the quarantine show, she mentioned working the night shift at a patient's home and not at a facility as I originally thought. I believe she's probably minimally qualified and just does the basics of patient care, nothing skilled. 

• Love 3

Well fellow posters something bad happened in my house last night, my husband breezed thru the room when Larissa was on the screen, she was trying to get Eric to pay for her augmentation and then "IT" happened, he said, (I am taking a deep breath now), "she is one of the more attractive women on this show," so now I have to divorce him, you all understand why, right? 

In all fairness to your husband, it’s not a very high hurdle to jump over.  Tania?  BabyGirl Lisa?  Debbie?  Jessica?  Angela?  Karine?  Deavan?  Jenny?

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The audience had no idea who the women were, much like Angela. Michael could have not surprised her and informed her that his friend was bringing some other friends, maybe so Angela can meet some ex-pats to possibly have some friendships outside of him so she wouldn’t be lonely or isolated.

First we were shown Michael with the guy, Dawa, and the three women having a conversation about the possible problems he might encounter living in America. Then Michael told Angela they were meeting with Dawa and some "other ex-pats" but didn't specify their gender. Apparently, Dawa, who used to live in Atlanta, wasn't there when they got there and when Angela saw three attractive women and lost her shit. She might have even figured one of the women was Dawa as they weren't introduced, but Michael technically didn't lie to her. It was kind of funny how she sat down, sized up the women, immediately stood up, pronounced she was DONE! (TM Debbie) and thanked them for coming and shook each woman's hand before she stormed out. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I'm so sorry, @Baltimore Betty! That's the forum equivalent of committing adultery in his heart. My husband has a thing for Avery #2. 

• LOL 5
20 minutes ago, magemaud said:

It was kind of funny how she sat down, sized up the women, immediately stood up, pronounced she was DONE! (TM Debbie) and thanked them for coming and shook each woman's hand before she stormed out. 

She made herself look ignorant and stupid.  And her "I'm not Nigerian, I'm American."  Meaning, "I'm a rude, ignorant dumbass."

• Love 5

I really don’t understand Angela.  She seems to be a very loving daughter, and those grandkids really seem to love her, too.  And I have seen little gestures from her (hand on a shoulder, very politely murmured “thank you's”, etc.) that make me believe she could be just lovely if she wanted to be.  Yes, she’s plus sized, her hair is fried, she dresses like a 19-year-old party girl, she smokes like a chimney and uses her bra as a purse.  And yet, she could be likable even with all of that.

But she’s a jealous harpy, an abusive shrew, and she’s mean as a snake if you so much as look at her cross eyed.  What anyone could see in her when she’s behaving like that is just completely beyond me.

• Love 23
20 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

Yes, she’s plus sized, her hair is fried, she dresses like a 19-year-old party girl, she smokes like a chimney and uses her bra as a purse.  And yet, she could be likable even with all of that.

What's to like?

21 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

But she’s a jealous harpy, an abusive shrew, and she’s mean as a snake if you so much as look at her cross eyed.  What anyone could see in her when she’s behaving like that is just completely beyond me.

It's about LOW LOW LOW LOW self esteem.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, renatae said:

Debbie's major malfunction these days seems to rear its head whenever children are mentioned. Seems as though she has spent Colt's adult life convincing herself there will never be any children to take his attention from her. She is pathetically self-involved, and marking her territory in an equally pathetic manner.

5 hours ago, John M said:

I couldn't get over that, like, clearly he and his relationship are gross but her biggest concern seemed to be expressed solely as him getting married and having children, again, gross, but also a normal human relationship.

The issue never seemed to be that they appear to both be mentally ill, the concern seemed to basically be him getting married and having children, which, again, gross, but something a mother would normally want for their child.

Children are the one thing that Debbie can't give Colt, so the mere mention of hypothetical children strikes her too hard and shatters her incestuous delusions.   The best she can do is their 7-9 cats, which Colt calls his kids.  It's really sick.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
(edited)
On 7/20/2020 at 3:12 PM, Marmiarmo said:

I really don’t understand Angela.  She seems to be a very loving daughter, and those grandkids really seem to love her, too.  And I have seen little gestures from her (hand on a shoulder, very politely murmured “thank you's”, etc.) that make me believe she could be just lovely if she wanted to be.  Yes, she’s plus sized, her hair is fried, she dresses like a 19-year-old party girl, she smokes like a chimney and uses her bra as a purse.  And yet, she could be likable even with all of that.

You sum up Angela nicely. Baby Girl Lisa is just vile - always!  But Angela can be quite likable except when she is not. She is certainly a contradiction.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

What’s with Jess and the rabid sex talk all the time?  Geez! It’s fat flabby Coltee. I think the eyebrows probably deliver more action.

What is the deal with his eyebrows?  The way they go on that slant makes me really detest him.

6 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Yeah, I was smirking at her comment (made with curled lip and barely contained disdain) that the park is, "well, old... I'm kind of worried about germs but it's nice to see where Andrei grew up."  Her endless comments about "making sure her family is comfortable" don't come across the way she'd like them to. She wants to appear accommodating and flexible; instead, she comes off as rigid and faux-snobbish.

Are germs really worse in an old park than a new one?  I mean, a new one is liable to be built on a landfill or something.

I think all their "drama" is manufactured.  I've seen Andrrrei and Elizabeth and her sister on Pillow Talk, and they don't hate each other.

On 7/15/2020 at 7:23 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Assholeu has the deadest of dead eyes, probably because there is just an empty space where his brain should be. 

I think the heavy lids are a big part of what makes him seem slow.

4 hours ago, politichick said:

Agree with the person who said that Assuelo is afraid that the father-in-law will kick his ass. 

A legitimate fear, since last week Low said he was not giving him an ass whooping because he'd promised his wife and daughter he wouldn't.  It's not like he said, "I'd love to kick his ass, but it's just not something I would do."

Good for him for not wanting his daughter(s) to marry someone like him, but I wish he'd go one step further and quit thinking hitting other people is okay, since he clearly realizes it's not.

On 7/15/2020 at 7:23 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Looks like Grangie has those same laser treatment lines on her chest. Grange, honey, it ain’t working. Those cigarettes aren’t helping the matter. Watching her chest heave to and fro during the car ride gave me a case of motion sickness. Yikes.

I found it mesmerizing, looking at how long they took to move after the car moved.

16 hours ago, nb360 said:

It was really cute to see how excited Michael was over his two suits...

It was weird to see actual joy from somebody on this show.  I thought he was adorable.

6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Angela freaked out when she saw those young, black women and all she could think of was "I'm not enough."  She acts all big and bad, and thinks she's all that until someone threatens her self esteem.  She and Lisa are the same, their only currencies are their whiteness and American-ness.

My recollection is that two of them were black and one was white.

1 hour ago, Marmiarmo said:

I'm with you and always thought Angela was kind at heart, but that scene in the car really has me re-thinking it.  Or, maybe, I don't care how kind she is--nothing can outweigh that kind of behavior.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Honestly, I'm surprised she could "convert" that quickly.  In my experience, you need some formal education/classes regarding the religion you are converting to.  She didn't even understand the questions being asked her. Seems a bit fishy to me.

When the topic first came up, she said that she was a Baptist, so she wouldn't have needed to convert.  She would have needed her baptismal certificate for the wedding.  And, of course, conversion requires more than a white dress, a head scarf and fuzzy slippers.  Even more ignorant were her attempts to start arguments against the religion: at the lunch after, where she tried to start a fight over women's equality in the church, and before the ceremony, where she defiantly asked if men had to cover their heads.  Both just showed her immaturity and lack of grace.

She's been married to Andrrrei for two years.  He says his religion is important to him.  They've had two years to expose her to the Orthodox Church, which became even more important once they decided to raise Eleanor in that faith.  

• Love 6

I'm really realizing how boring most of these couples are as they are stuck in the same stories and roles they had in previous installments of 90 Day.  

However, I am also really realizing the violent undertone of Family Kalani.  I was quite taken aback when Low told Asulo  that he didn't want to become violent, but if provoked...  Lisa had to tell Low not to be violent when they were in California.  The whole family threatens Asuelo with "say that in front of my father/Low."  Some posters do want Low to give Asuelo a beatdown (lots of comments in the live thread) but that would not "teach" Asuelo how to interact with others, but rather to continue to be afraid of the entire family.  Instead of Asuelo, Low should be talking with Kalani.  And, the message should be "you chose this now live with it."  Let her figure things out.  Family Kalani, along with Family Libby, Mother Debbie, and Family Chantel all need to uninvest themselves in the decisions their children have made and let them figure it out.  Take a lesson from Mother Paul.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, politichick said:

In all fairness, Libby does not seem to have a problem with the food. And if her father is paying for this wedding, she should have something that the family also can enjoy, if only to minimize complaints/scenes. She also understands some of the language but is not fluent. She said she understood pretty well when they went out with his friends.

I'm an adventurous eater and eat rabbit, ate horse in Paris, but the food on the link shared did not appeal to me at all. It's certainly edible, however. And I thought it was customary to have a menu and cake tasting when preparing for a wedding. She needs to know what some of that stuff tastes like even if her ugly Americans weren't attending the wedding.

Agree that the sister-in-law could be a stealth bitch. That said, she does believe Andreii should work. And all this talk of independent women is driving me crazy. That asshat didn't work before Eleanor was born. Elizabeth needs to explain that in the U.S. women work, in part because it's a hell of a lot more expensive to live here than it is in Moldova, and also that even many well-to-do/wealthy women work because that's how we roll. Andree's caveman act may be exaggerated for this show but he needs to stop. Her family is foolish, but they're going to hate him even more when they see these episodes.

I have no words for Angela. Didn't she see the previous episode in which he met with his friend and those women? And he should have said to her that he needed to talk with black Americans about what he can expect to experience in the U.S. Poor thing is in for a rude awakening. 

There is way too much Larissa.

Is Debbie ever going to wash her hair?  One minute in the shower.  Geeze!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I'm so sorry, @Baltimore Betty! That's the forum equivalent of committing adultery in his heart. My husband has a thing for Avery #2. 

Did he have his glasses on?  My husband likes the one in Australia.  The one with the pink & purple hair, hahaha.

I believe Andrei said he used to be a policeman in Moldova, and that's scary to me.    I can see him not being the best person to run into when he gets a taste of power over other people.   With the venue tour this week, Libby and Andrei looked like they were very close to a physical argument. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

And yet, she could be likable even with all of that.

As vile as Angela can be, she still has her moments of sweetness and humor unlike the totally irredeemable BGL.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I'm really realizing how boring most of these couples are as they are stuck in the same stories and roles they had in previous installments of 90 Day.  

However, I am also really realizing the violent undertone of Family Kalani.  I was quite taken aback when Low told Asulo  that he didn't want to become violent, but if provoked...  Lisa had to tell Low not to be violent when they were in California.  The whole family threatens Asuelo with "say that in front of my father/Low."  Some posters do want Low to give Asuelo a beatdown (lots of comments in the live thread) but that would not "teach" Asuelo how to interact with others, but rather to continue to be afraid of the entire family.  Instead of Asuelo, Low should be talking with Kalani.  And, the message should be "you chose this now live with it."  Let her figure things out.  Family Kalani, along with Family Libby, Mother Debbie, and Family Chantel all need to uninvest themselves in the decisions their children have made and let them figure it out.  Take a lesson from Mother Paul.

My wife and I had some fun last night imitating Low's hoarse voice. I have an employee that requires disciplinary action and I may have had a Low-inspired hoarse speech about it (to myself, not to the employee) that gave me the giggles. But I agree with you. Asuelu irritates all of us, not the least of whom the rest of that family, but if there's a problem a physical reaction isn't going to solve it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

When the topic first came up, she said that she was a Baptist, so she wouldn't have needed to convert.

A couple of weeks ago there was a big discussion of this, maybe on their couples thread. I had said you only get baptized once, as a Christian, no matter the denomination but others said the Orthodox church doesn't necessarily recognize all church baptisms as valid. This could be the case with the Baptists because, unlike many Christian denominations who baptize babies, they wait until later in life when they have reached the "age of reason" to immerse the person. Babies can have a "dedication" ceremony where the parents vow to raise the child as a Christian. Maybe Libby was never "dunked" and is Baptist in name only and hasn't actually been raised in the religion. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, magemaud said:

A couple of weeks ago there was a big discussion of this, maybe on their couples thread. I had said you only get baptized once, as a Christian, no matter the denomination but others said the Orthodox church doesn't necessarily recognize all church baptisms as valid. This could be the case with the Baptists because, unlike many Christian denominations who baptize babies, they wait until later in life when they have reached the "age of reason" to immerse the person. Babies can have a "dedication" ceremony where the parents vow to raise the child as a Christian. Maybe Libby was never "dunked" and is Baptist in name only and hasn't actually been raised in the religion. 

I know a few people who became Catholic who were raised Protestant. They require going through extensive education and I believe taking your first communion again as a Catholic. Not sure about the baptism. But I do know that with my own children, unless they were baptized as Catholic they couldn't go through the other rites or be raised in the Catholic church. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

I can’t believe Andrei has the nerve to say her parents are rude, and he’s afraid they’ll be rude to his family!    He has never been anything but nasty and rude to her family, horribly so, while continuing to take whatever he can from them.

Andrei has never been shown as anything other that completely awful.  This is yet another example.  

Think about your life; would you prime parents to HATE your in-laws once they met them?  If they are really awful, keep your mouth shut, they'll know.

Parents going to Moldova?  Their fingers are too broken to google this country before they arrive?  They are so ignorant they think getting off the plane to insult every single thing they see?  Yeah, I don't see this at all.  If they have passports, this is producer-driven-ugly American BS.  Try again.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I think this is the first post that I have agreed with everything that was said!

In defense of Libby's sister-in-law: I was in a similar position as the daughter-in-law who lived next door to my in-laws. I was there all the time, for dr's appts., for picking up groceries, helping out with just about anything that needed helping out with. My SIL lived 6 hours away and when the time came for the semi-annual "visit" it was as if Princess Kate was coming to town for vacation. The preparations were endless and extensive. Can't say that I didn't resent this, just a bit! (Who am I kidding, I resented it a LOT!) Just saying, I can understand a bit of the attitude.

I understand the feeling:  When married to my first hubby (the youngest of three sons) my then hubby and middle brother were there 24/7 for the folks.  Oldest brother would show up once a friggin' year and it was as if King Charles showed up.  We were supposed to be all effusive.  I was like, "Yeah...no."  He and his wife are odd, weird and mean.  No licking boots from me, lol.

10 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Yeah, I was smirking at her comment (made with curled lip and barely contained disdain) that the park is, "well, old... I'm kind of worried about germs but it's nice to see where Andrei grew up."  Her endless comments about "making sure her family is comfortable" don't come across the way she'd like them to. She wants to appear accommodating and flexible; instead, she comes off as rigid and faux-snobbish.

Honestly, I'm surprised she could "convert" that quickly.  In my experience, you need some formal education/classes regarding the religion you are converting to.  She didn't even understand the questions being asked her. Seems a bit fishy to me.

I agree about the conversion.  Don't you have to study for a bit?  It seems like they popped in and were like, "Thanks Padre!!"

Libby needs to get the constant need for her family's approval out of her head.  Now.

Holy hell Colt and Jess:  STOP WITH THE SEX TALK.  No one talks about it that much, no one thinks about it that much....do they?  Maybe at the Mustang Ranch, lol!!!!

My hubby and I are prepping ourselves now for the inevitable rabbit at the reception adn all the sour faces and rude comments:  "Ewww!!  They eat RABBIT?  What is this?  PORRIDGE?"  Just shut your piehole, eat and say thank you.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/18/2020 at 7:27 AM, artisto said:

Thanks!  I was very curious about Moldovan food as it's not easy to figure out the cuisine by looking at the photos!  I like its uniqueness, and I love that they use sour cream in many recipes.  I put sour cream in many of my dishes to get a tart & creamy flavor.  I.E., I LOVE our local Sichuan restaurant's specialty of Spicy Noodle Soup w/Braised beef!  In order that I don't "breathe fire" after every mouthful, I always add a nice-sized dollop of sour cream before heating it up.  (After heating it works OK, too.) 

It will be sad if Libby's family does not even attempt to try Moldovan specialties. ☹️

• Love 1