Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E17: Regatta Go!

• Start Topic

On the season finale, an uncomfortable drug search on Parsifal III casts a dark cloud over the final charter and sends the crew into panic mode. The crew scrambles to pull together a sailing regatta, but still wonder if they’ll get a tip. Tensions in the interior department finally boil over, as a heated confrontation erupts. Georgia has feelings she needs to get off her chest, even if it means possibly altering some relationships forever. Captain Glenn takes the crew out one final time to celebrate Ciara’s birthday and reminisce about the season. The crew says some final and emotional good-byes.

Airs May 25, 2020.

• Love 1
(edited)

The episode hasn't aired yet, but I'm going to guess that there are no drugs and Glenn finds nothing and that is why the guest says: "thanks for pretty much ruining my vacation" (or something close to that.) Also, why would Georgia need to say anything about liking Paget? If she hasn't mentioned it yet, why now? Believe me, Ciara probably has a pretty good idea about it already because of all the "threesome talk" a few episodes back. I'm thinking this all may be producer generated conflict. Oh, and finally, Madison getting dragged (with the towel ruse) last minute as a witness....you could just feel her uncomfortable factor skyrocket! LOL

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, PaperTree said:

Just when I thought I could not despise Jenna any more....

Absolutely! She doesn't give a damn about Billy's trip....just that she might have affected the tip.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, aqusdealer said:

Absolutely! She doesn't give a damn about Billy's trip....just that she might have affected the tip.

I'm hoping they get zero tip, but production won't let that happen.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I'm hoping they get zero tip, but production won't let that happen.

The trip should be free! Fucking amateur hour on this yacht. 🤷🏻‍♂️👎🏻

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Glenn really turned it around on me this charter.

I enjoyed how up and involved he was and how he pitched in with carrying bags and such. I was praising him every week.

But what he pulled on the guest this week made me lose all respect for him. Accusing him of drug use based on Jenna’s second hand account from Chris? Searching his luggage like the Gestapo? I would never have allowed him to search my bags. The guest was entitled to know who accused him so he could confront them. Glenn let those meatheads physically molest the stews and didn’t do shit. But he searched the private property of a guest on the vaguest charges by a crew member who was too sick to work and was indulging in Pain killers himself. He was really out of line. If I was the guest I would have put a complaint against him with the owners. 

I don’t think he would come back from that for me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

What the fuck. Not only would I not tip I would want some of my money back. I would be pissed if the stupid little captain searched my stuff because someone thought they saw white powder? What kind of evidence is that lmao. What a joke. These ppl suck.

Jenna is such a POS bully. It’s hard to watch her bitch ass. 

Ugh to Georgia.

I laughed at the guest asking if the food was plated. Lmao yea right with Adam. I haven’t seen him plate one meal the whole time lol.

I don’t think I’ll watch this one again unless they recast. Even then meh to sailing.

Fuck Byron. He’s such a slime ball.

Edited by Marley
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

LOL, one thing my ex and I have in common with Paget and Ciara is that we both got each other practical gifts for our birthdays (and I don't know how serious Ciara was, but I actually really did like getting practical gifts). For example, one year my ex got me a really nice waterproof/windproof jacket for sailing on cold days, and I got him a really nice marlin spike knife.

That being said, I'm still glad he's an ex. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

I'm not digging the assessment of kids today are softer etc... so basically in the past, it was open season to bully, harass, haze, play favorites, isolate and target green crewmembers. Then you produce the ugly that is Jenna and Adam (oh my God he is creepy on may levels...) Not something to high five over. I did not see anything with the younger stews that showed any lack of hard work or willingness to work. Just Super Bad Leadership and Guidance. 

How much older is Jenna than the other stews?

Or to put it another way, how much longer has she been in yachting to say the younger stews in the industry are soft?  Doubt the industry changed in 5 years?

Georgia should have never agreed to admit her feelings to Ciara or have those scenes with Paget, unless the whole thing was a ruse.

Nothing was going to come of it so why have the big confession?  Maybe it was the price for them airing that horrible song of hers more than once.

Madison wanted nothing to do with Jenna or Adam in her exit, not even fake it for the cameras.  No future for her on Bravo if she won’t fake it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

It’s so cute when that little fella runs and toots the horn for the departing guests. 🙄

Yeah they try to be so Love Boat ❤️❤️❤️But they’re more Gilligan’s Island

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I actually admire Ciera for her trust in her relationship with Paget and her self confidence that in spite of production trying to bring drama to their relationship,she didn’t play into it at all. I felt bad for Georgia that she had to be made to look a little silly all for drama that never really took place.

I don’t think I will ever understand why Georgia felt she should confide in Ciera.

• Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

The whole thing was reprehensible and I don’t think it was legal. Does the Captain have the right to search your luggage?

I would say he or she does as they’re ultimately responsible for what happens on the vessel. Drug use is a violation of the boat’s flag country laws, the laws of the nation whose waters they’re in, and maritime law. The captain, senior officers, and guests using the drugs could be charged with possession and smuggling, and depending where they are that could mean life in a very bad prison or the death penalty. The boat could be confiscated and the owner and the charter company could end up in hot water too. The stakes are very high. I’m sure captain has legal protections to search, at the very least permission to search in the event of suspected drug use is in the waiver passengers are required to sign.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

The most I've liked Ciara was when she just said "I know" to Georgia's big confession.  I don't know what reaction Georgia expected but it certainly wasn't that.

It was funny when everyone was joking about Paget grooving to Georgia's last performance.  Of her one song, which shockingly was exactly the song Paget wanted to hear even though he couldn't remember which one he wanted. 😂

• LOL 12
  • Love 12

So...binged this show yesterday. Even the hubs watched with me and he NEVER likes the same shows I do, especially reality shows. I think he was more interested in the guest experience and location. He keeps saying we need to win lotto so we can go on that boat. I would rather be on a yacht with Kate as stew...she really works to give guests a great experience. Wouldn't mind Ben as our chef too. And they plate the food for you and don't just do endless buffet type meals like Adam and Jenna did.

So...Adam is a hole crazy pants. Jenna was pathetic to go after that POS so hard. And why is he, as chef on fancy yacht, wearing shorts under that suspender type apron? Not very classy. I have a fave restaurant where the chef/owner wears exact same get up as Adam. But his place is a Carolina BBQ and raw bar type place...not an upscale yacht.

Jenna was a thirsty lazy beeyotch. Mean girl to the 10th degree. No guidance to her staff. All she was focused on was Adam's D. And it was pretty clear Adam was not all that into her. Yet still she pursued. Have some self esteem, girl.

Another one was Ciera. Her man was clearly into Georgia. You could see the wheels turning in his head as if he was debating going for it....especially that last epi where he walked over to Georgia in the bathroom and looked all nervous like he was going to kiss her. And Ciera had to pretend to want a thing with Georgia to get her man interested in her. Yick. Plus her working...she did work hard but she was so argumentative to her boss because he was her BF. Yet Parker was constantly corrected for it while Ciera got away with it. And a lot of times I think Parker was correct in his arguing with Ciera (like when she threw the cushion covers in the dryer and made the guests wait). 

Parker was full on cray. Think he was bipolar or something as he'd be all happy and fun one second and then fully lose his stuff the next second. And he was clueless on what he was doing. Maybe was just there to get seen singing (like Georgia and maybe Jenna and even Paget...they all sang and played guitar). 

Madison was a pot stirring attention seeker. But she wasn't the worst person on the boat. Jenna and Adam were the worst. And poor Mafison did seem to be working her butt off.

But I do agree, kinda, with Jenna and Byron about the new kids being different. They all seem to need praise (all the Below Deck shows' young crew...it is a common issue). They can't take any kind of guidance as they take offense as if being criticized. And they all seem to have a high focus on themselves (like Parker reading his mom's letter at the crew dinner out and asking waiter to make sure no interuptions...then Georgia reading her letter to Padget had a lot of me, me, me in the letter). Very self absorbed and lazy. Georgia finally got her groove, work wise but still never really seemed to do all that much, never seemed to hussle it. 

Byron was creepy and didn't add much. And the captain...I was all for him until A) he was having 3rd talk to Parker and still not firing him even when Parker responded with the 'this has me feeling stressed bit. B) the drug search thing (I sure hope that was scripted and agreed upon by that guest cause I'd have been livid and wanted some money back).

Also this crew didn't really have any eye candy like our other Below Decks...JMO. When that one guest wanted a guy to serve the cake in his underwear I was thinking 'who the hell can they have do that?'. Maybe Jenna...manliest one there...lol.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

I would say he or she does as they’re ultimately responsible for what happens on the vessel. Drug use is a violation of the boat’s flag country laws, the laws of the nation whose waters they’re in, and maritime law. The captain, senior officers, and guests using the drugs could be charged with possession and smuggling, and depending where they are that could mean life in a very bad prison or the death penalty. The boat could be confiscated and the owner and the charter company could end up in hot water too. The stakes are very high. I’m sure captain has legal protections to search, at the very least permission to search in the event of suspected drug use is in the waiver passengers are required to sign.

I keep hearing that the boat could be confiscated but I don’t believe it. A rock of cocaine brought on board by a guest means they can take away a multi-million dollar yacht? Not in this life. Sure if they were smuggling drugs maybe but I think this is production drama bullshit.

My concern is with the trampling of the guests civil rights by an illegal and unwarranted search of his belongings. These days the abrogations of our rights are too easily accepted and this was a clear abuse of his rights against unwarranted search and seizures. I think they should have comped his trip for this or at the very least affected their tip.

I know I would have been a lot more irate and demanded to know who accused me. The ability to confront your accusers are a bedrock principle and I wouldn’t have let that mealy mouthed Captain get away with brushing it off. 

I am amazed that the guests took this abuse and didn’t do anything about it. Imagine if the guest in question was Johnny Damon’s wife or those meatheads from earlier in the season. I think the primary didn’t like that guest very much so she didn’t care that he was abused. Some friends you have there guy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

My concern is with the trampling of the guests civil rights by an illegal and unwarranted search of his belongings.

I don't disagree that I'd be pretty pissed as well, but they don't have (American) civil rights on this boat in Greek seas. And the guest *did* agree to have his stuff searched. Now if it had gotten into a spitting match, the captain probably would have put him and all his belongings ashore, in which case (IMHO) he'd be entitled to a refund. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

My concern is with the trampling of the guests civil rights by an illegal and unwarranted search of his belongings.

I guess this would depend under which country the laws would apply. Not all countries offer the same rights US Citizens receive when in the US. All I can think of is Locked Up Abroad.

• Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, spacefly said:

I guess this would depend under which country the laws would apply. Not all countries offer the same rights US Citizens receive when in the US. All I can think of is Locked Up Abroad.

Maybe so but this egregious attack on his rights should have been addressed. He is an American as is the Captain. A minimum expectation is that he would be treated as one by a fellow American. The Captain should have told him what was alleged and said that he would be keeping an eye on him to see if the behavior continued. Put him on warning. Searching his bag was way over the line.

He should never allowed his bag to be searched.

He must have been high.

12 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I don't disagree that I'd be pretty pissed as well, but they don't have (American) civil rights on this boat in Greek seas. And the guest *did* agree to have his stuff searched. Now if it had gotten into a spitting match, the captain probably would have put him and all his belongings ashore, in which case (IMHO) he'd be entitled to a refund. 

If it was my friend I would never had allowed this to go on and would have threatened to leave immediately and not pay for the trip.

I guess this guy wasn’t that important to the primary who was just another fame whore.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

My concern is with the trampling of the guests civil rights by an illegal and unwarranted search of his belongings. These days the abrogations of our rights are too easily accepted and this was a clear abuse of his rights against unwarranted search and seizures.

I hear ya, but maritime law is different. The law depends on several things, including where the boat is flagged (registered) and on the boat's location when an offense occurs. Parsifal III is flagged in the UK and was in Grecian waters at the time the incident occurred so any US rights and protections wouldn't apply. I don't know what the drug laws or search/seizure laws are in Greece, but they would take precedence. I would think it's entirely possible for a boat to be seized by local authorities, at least for the length of an investigation. As another example, if the boat had been in Jamaican waters and drugs had been found, that country's laws would apply. Perhaps they wouldn't confiscate the boat for a little ganja, mon. 😁

31 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Maybe so but this egregious attack on his rights should have been addressed. He is an American as is the Captain. A minimum expectation is that he would be treated as one by a fellow American.

Don't know about the guest, but Glenn is Canadian. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
16 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Glenn really turned it around on me this charter.

I enjoyed how up and involved he was and how he pitched in with carrying bags and such. I was praising him every week.

But what he pulled on the guest this week made me lose all respect for him. Accusing him of drug use based on Jenna’s second hand account from Chris? Searching his luggage like the Gestapo? I would never have allowed him to search my bags. The guest was entitled to know who accused him so he could confront them. Glenn let those meatheads physically molest the stews and didn’t do shit. But he searched the private property of a guest on the vaguest charges by a crew member who was too sick to work and was indulging in Pain killers himself. He was really out of line. If I was the guest I would have put a complaint against him with the owners. 

I don’t think he would come back from that for me.

Sadly enough, he thought Jenna had first hand information.  She lied and said she'd seen white powder under the guest's nose.  She didn't, from what she said on camera.  Jenna lied.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, spacefly said:

Martime law doens't depend on a country. It's an interntional one : www.un.org/Depts/los/LEGISLATIONANDTREATIES/PDFFILES/ESP_1992_Act.pdf 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don’t know but I would imagine that the amount of drugs this guy might have in his possession would not be enough to confiscate the boat. Especially as it was a guest and not a crew member.

Be that as it may it was sun block on his nose and they had the Captain fingering his underwear. 

The whole group should have been outraged at the gross violation of their friends personal privacy. They should have protested vehemently and it should been reflected in their gratuity. I would have asked how many people were involved. When I found out I would have taken my original tip and deducted two shares and told them what I did.

Jenna and Chris should not have received  a tip.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, terrymct said:

Jenna lied.

Imagine that!

Of course the other guests also had commented on how weird he was acting (perhaps this is his norm) so that didn't help matters.

Edited by RoxiP
  • Love 3

I did see scenes of him staring off into the distance as I think he would have been very embarrassed and hurt by this unfounded allegation and personal humiliation. He must have felt very alone when none of his “friends” stepped up to defend him.

I know this is a TV show but they were really out of line. He had to feel pressured to agree to this illegal search. His protest later was weak and ineffectual.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I did see scenes of him staring off into the distance as I think he would have been very embarrassed and hurt by this unfounded allegation and personal humiliation. He must have felt very alone when none of his “friends” stepped up to defend him.

I know this is a TV show but they were really out of line. He had to feel pressured to agree to this illegal search. His protest later was weak and ineffectual.

Hmm, why didn't his friends step up and defend him? That is strange. Maybe because he has a history of drug use and they weren't surprised by the possibility he had brought drugs on board? I have no idea; just throwing it out there.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Jsage said:

Hmm, why didn't his friends step up and defend him? That is strange. Maybe because he has a history of drug use and they weren't surprised by the possibility he had brought drugs on board? I have no idea; just throwing it out there.

That’s definitely possible but don’t you think that they would have said that so they wouldn’t be tarred by the same brush? If it was true they would have tried to stay on the trip and get him bounced. I think it came out of left field.