Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Charity & Charly & Teretha LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

"I'm ready to show Dr. Now how hard I'm working" says Teretha from her bed in a long term care home because she can't fucking walk or move around because she's too fucking lazy to try and lose weight.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Oh, Teretha. You are retaining fluids ... Coke, Dr Pepper, Sprite, whatever that urine-colored beverage was on your tray table...

(edited)
3 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Why are we watching this woman? It's obvious that she is not going to do anything for her weight.

Other than increasing it. 

Edited by DropTheSoap
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

Really? I've been following what various institutions are going to do. Personally, I think it's a big mistake to open too early. The uni from which I retired (and do PT work for online) is plans to open in the fall. Now, a lot can happen between now and September. We still have tons of new cases in the counties w/meat plants. As a state school, we have kids from all over, bringing their germs with them.

What if opening schools too soon, with their dorms, dining halls, etc., winds up with lots of sick faculty & immune compromised students? I don't want to be a fear monger, and I hope things get better soon, but I track my state's numbers every day and it's just getting worse because of the meat plant workers (not blaming, just saying who is getting sick now).

There may never be a vaccine so online may be the final plan for California schools. With disease so widespread in California, it may never be totally safe to attend California colleges or consume California produce. California may push their milk in ads, but I am avoiding it like the plague.

I'm loving all the furbaby pictures.

These are my babies - Buddy and Prudence. Both rescues. We adopted Buddy from American Pointer Rescue (he's an English Pointer) and Prudence from the local humane society (she's a Snowshoe, but you can't see her white paws in the photo).

Buddy.jpg

Prudence.jpg

• Love 22
(edited)

Teretha was bedbound but against all odds got herself up and walking.  Now she's got her bedbound figure back, just sitting on her giant tooshie on the bed being cared for like the invalid she is again.  And you know she isn't maintaining that weight by eating just the nursing home food.......

What a damn shame, really.

Meanwhile, Charity just got her 50th new tattoo.

Edited by Snarkastikate
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

She hasn't had a chance to make an appointment for psychotherapy. What else has she been doing ?

Eating.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

They all mewl and whine about how they're going to "show Dr. Now!". Girl. You are not doing this for HIM. You're supposedly doing for YOU. These twits are so fucking stupid I can feel brain cells dying. 

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, aliya said:

I forgot I'm supposed to get money back from State Farm! Yay. I'm on the same tank of gas that I started with on March 11 (I checked) when I topped up, so yeah, I'll take a refund. 

I got gas on March 14th. I have been to my office (20ish miles one way) twice since then and to my parents' (6 miles round trip) approximately once a week or so, with one big grocery stop on my way home from the office two weeks ago. I last went out on Sunday and my tank is still 3/4 full. 

My car was just about due for service when this all started and Carfax has been bugging me via email about being overdue, but since I'm hardly driving and they extended our state of emergency again, I don't really see the point right now. (Also, the car people assume I drive a lot more than I do; I go by the mileage they write on the little window sticker and they always send me a reminder weeks before I hit that number.)

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Another Harvard med school grad who disagrees with the 35+ year surgeon.  Is there a classic game on the NBA channel?

i've been diverting to baseball with MN Twins classic games.  Final game of the 1987 ALCS when we went to the W.S. the first time since 1965.   I really remember that game.  I planned to see it on the replay tomorrow, but got bored tonight.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I swear this is the only show on TV where I actually look forward to the commercials. At least something's HAPPENING on the ads.

I went to buy the pineapple shown on the Wayfair ad, but they were out. That was probably a message from the universe not to spend any more of my stimulus money. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

They all mewl and whine about how they're going to "show Dr. Now!". Girl. You are not doing this for HIM. You're supposedly doing for YOU. These twits are so fucking stupid I can feel brain cells dying. 

It’s the official phrase of impending failure. 

Teretha is looking rounder and rounder in each shot. 

• Love 4
Just now, FormeryHeavyJ said:

I was hoping for Celtics Lakers.  Either something from the Bill Russell era or Larry Bird era.

YOU SAID IT, MY FRIEND!!!!

Some of my best memories of my Dad was he and I watching the Celtics!!!

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

I've checked my online banking (2 accounts, actually), poured a glass of water, had two conversations with family members, and looked up photos and gifs of Jamie Fraser.  Scintillating episode (and I'm giving serious consideration to firing up Outlander Season One).

I just kinda binge-watched the first three seasons and have renamed Outlander...Outlandish!  People love it.  Season 1 was really good, then it fell of the cliff and jumped the shark simultaneously.  I know, such a feat.

You should check out Alias Grace (Netflix).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Usually when someone says a person "left me" it's referring to a romantic partner. The way she says "Charly left me" is creepy.

So now we're picking up guys in bars?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

What the old saying about "the good Lord helps those, who help themselves".      I just hope that soon we get to see the Alien creature burst out of Teretha's navel.   

Well he didn’t perform a miracle for Schenee who was such an incredibly devout Christian.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I work for a university, been working from home since March. No word yet on whether the campus will open in the fall. I'm weirdly lucky in a way, I'm a few weeks shy of my 66th birthday and I can retire if things become unsupportable but for now its OK. 

The clogging one is funny but I love love love the Wild Thing guy. He makes everything groovy!

Brutal, I work in educational publishing and things aren't good. Honestly though I am so overworked and stressed ...hello daily vomiting and hives....I wouldn't mind being laid off. We are okay financially and would come through ok...hopefully.

9 minutes ago, aliya said:

Personally, I think it's a big mistake to open too early.

Agreed. It pisses me off every time I hear that schools should reopen because kids aren’t at risk. They can still *carry* the virus and I don’t hear much talk about protecting teachers and staff. No offense anyone, really, don’t throw things at me!!! But I don’t see any politicians volunteering to babysit so we can open up the economy again. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

YOU SAID IT, MY FRIEND!!!!

Some of my best memories of my Dad was he and I watching the Celtics!!!

Me, too!!  #33 Larry Bird!

• Love 2

Oh, Charity...no. That style does not work for you, my dear. Some people can totally pull off the super short look, which I can't either. With my long face, I look like a horse with short hair. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3