Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Charity & Charly & Teretha LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Hey Pounders! Finally here.  How are y'all doing?

Eating habit: chicken, cabbage and zucchini bread (read: bored baking).

But, can I digress for a minute, I just finished watching 90DFB90D...

Reveal spoiler

HOLY SHIT, LANA IS REAL?!?!?! MIND BLOWN...
Although the woman who showed up is NOT woman in the pictures (shh!)

Did you see the leaked reunion episode?

1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I wonder if the mouth movement is Tardive Dyskinesia? It's a side effect of certain medications, and makes a person seem to be chewing, blowing, pursing or doing other odd mouth things. 

It's because she has no teeth.  Entire structure of the face changes completely without teeth.  Or dentures.  

• Love 4

What is Charity babbling about with the "skin removal" again? She's STILL wearing a drain from her LAST "skin removal" procedure. 

8 minutes ago, Wanda said:

The toothless wonder is just a ray of sunshine, ain’t she?

When Charly said she was "in her own little world" I wondered if she's on drugs again...

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can't believe that with all of the weight that Charity lost, she still looks huge.   She must be short?  

She's also very misshapen. She has oddly short legs and her skeleton seems permanently twisted from having had weight in such strange places. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
18 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

I hope you all didn't need your mamas too much over Mother's day. 

My mother passed away just over a month ago. It was a tough mother’s day .

My eating habit was a chicken taco salad. 

I watched the original episode. So...Charity...meth mouth? I hope Charly can figure thinks out. 

Edited by DropTheSoap
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 minute ago, DropTheSoap said:

My mother passed away just over a month ago. It was a tough mother’s day .

My eating habit was a chicken taco salad. 

I watched the original episode. So...Charity...meth mouth? I hoe Charly can figure thinks out. 

She was into pain pills.

Edited by peaceknit
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

You gained weight and you're surprised he didn't bring up skin surgery?

No sh*t. 

1 minute ago, ThereButFor said:

The delusion is strong with most poundticipants.

And, didn't Charity say she was going to show Dr. Now he was wrong about her needing therapy or some such nonsense.

Sheesh. They are always "working so hard," and can NEVER understand how they managed to GAIN weight between appointments, and when things are obviously going in the wrong direction, they are hellbent on "proving that Dr. Now Is WRONG" about "me/my body/my needing therapy/whatever."

• Love 6
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

What is Charity babbling about with the "skin removal" again? She's STILL wearing a drain from her LAST "skin removal" procedure. 

And she couldn't care less that the whole world sees that drain thing flopping around.  Take a cue from your daughter, cover up those hideous legs with a long black tank dress or a pair of pants!! 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

It's because she has no teeth.  Entire structure of the face changes completely without teeth.  Or dentures.  

Yep.  I am only missing one tooth - if not for coronavirus, I would have had an implant placed this week, now I don't know when it will happen - and when I don't put my temp in, my mouth twists sideways and doesn't look right... and it's only one tooth!  Without any, her face is skull-like.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Also, what happened to Dr Now's blinged-out stethoscope? He's wearing the Basic Bitch stethoscope tonight.

This show is providing me with too many questions and not enough entertainment. 

Was it during the scene where his comments are shaded in sepia?  And he looks years younger?  The clips for this episode are old!

• Love 2
Just now, Suzywriter said:

She's also very misshapen. She has oddly short legs and her skeleton seems permanently twisted from having had weight in such strange places. 

When you're as big as she was, your whole skeleton shifts to try to support the weight. My mom is discovering that she's somewhat bowlegged now between the weight and her arthritis.  

One thing that I always tried is to make sure that when I walk that I stride forward without waddling. It seems to have helped because even at my heaviest, I was able to walk normally. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I get to go to the dentist for a cleaning tomorrow , yay! Sad that;s the highlight of my week.

Er other than this live chat of course.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can't believe that with all of the weight that Charity lost, she still looks huge.   She must be short?  

She's one of the most misshapen poundicipants ever. Nothing is symmetrical or shaped like a normal person's parts. I don't think I'll ever understand how people let themselves get into that condition. On the other hand, I'm motivated to do a 20 mile bike ride tomorrow morning.

At least she lost that useless lump of a "fiancé." I'm pretty sure he emerged from the ooze in the shallow end of the gene pool..

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, peaceknit said:

Did you see the leaked reunion episode?

Someone had the uncut episode and said it ran about 10 hours.  Even with all this sheltering-in-place for us old folks,  I just  couldn't watch that much.

Having said that, I just finished watching the last season of Downton Abbey and the movie so I can't brag about not spending long hours watching stuff.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

Was it during the scene where his comments are shaded in sepia? 

Nah ... it was the new one where he had to listen to the whining about the removing of skin.

Just now, Twopper said:

Someone had the uncut episode and said it ran about 10 hours.  Even with all this sheltering-in-place for us old folks,  I just  couldn't watch that much.

Having said that, I just finished watching the last season of Downton Abbey and the movie so I can't brag about not spending long hours watching stuff.

I watched a Tiger King in a day lol

• Love 2

YO Pounders!!!!  How are y'all?

My eating habits were an Applebee's grilled chicken breast, steamed broccoli, and garlic mashed potatoes.  

I DID stay within my calorie count!  😍

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

I'm still trying to complete all 5 seasons of Outlander (Starz) before my free trial ends, lol. I just really got into that show!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

At least Charly seems motivated so far, and willing to go to therapy! She seems receptive to what the doc is saying. That's refreshing after last week and the failures of this entire season. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Hey Pounders! Can’t decide if I want to see snark or success tonight. I just know Charly needs to get the hell away from Mom and get a life on her own!

Edited by Gbb
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 minute ago, CringeWatcher said:

I’m getting my ‘rona roots done next week 💥💫️Major excitement! 

I'm going crazy and letting the gray go wild. I'm tired of using hair color and I have no clue what color my hair is anyway since I dyed it red and I'm a blonde.Should be interesting.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, peaceknit said:

I'm still trying to complete all 5 seasons of Outlander (Starz) before my free trial ends, lol. I just really got into that show!

I lost interest in the show after the first few seasons, but love the books.

Just now, Hellga said:

Is this counselor completely new to the show or have we seen her before?  I can't remember her at all.

We've seen her.  She is just a little heavier than before.

• Love 2

Oh, great...now Charity's drinking, too. Really hope that pill issue has been resolved or she's gonna get skin surgery in heaven.

10 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Just finished a nice sweaty calorie-burning workout.

1761 calories today including my current beverage, beer.

Wearing my 34 waist black Levis (I'm a male), should I cut the tags off my turquoise 34 waist Levis ? Only bought them because I LOVE turquoise and 10 bucks at Marshalls 2 years ago, but hey life is short and you only live once !

You had best be careful, @7EasyPayments.  Pauline really likes turquoise.  If you ever see her, run before she tackles you.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
(edited)

All of the mother/daughter poundticipant duos are so strange, with the daughter being the adult, and the mother being the child (Charity & Charlie, Jennifer & Marissa).   

( A hint for those who decide to do their own roots, or all over color, get the kits without ammonia, they aren't as damaging, don't stink, and if they get on towels or something else, it washes right out.   However, a friend taught me how to color my hair, and the most important factor is plenty of touch of paint, for those little splashes of color that mysteriously appear on walls)

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

I’m getting my ‘rona roots done next week 💥💫️Major excitement! 

Me too. I can't wait. That two inches of gray is not a good look for me. Manicure, too. Pedi and facial have to wait a few more weeks.

• Love 1
(edited)

So, mom is a drunk, a drug addict, and a food addict.  I hope Charly makes it because she deserves a life.   You cannot lift an active addict up. They can only drag you down.  I think she is starting to see that and she needs to get away from her mother.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 7

Charley may be reaching the point where she'll need to seperate from her mother out of self-preservation. It's a sad dynamic and I'm just grateful that my mom and I can really support one another on our weight loss journeys. I don't hesitate to call her out if she gets off track and she does the same for me. This situation with Charley who's so damn young is just so sad.

• Love 8