Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Charity & Charly & Teretha LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

In order to keep pace with her daughter Charly's impressive weight loss, Charity must do something she has never done: find a way to go it alone. Try as she might, Teretha finds one too many obstacle's in the way of continuing with Dr. Nowzardan's program.

It's a 3-fer!  Mother and daughter team, Charity and Charly, are back.  Charity had the epic butt wings.  Butt wings that looked like they could take flight, although given her weight, it would take a really strong tail wind.  Charly was on her way to Charity's size.  There was intrigue, shady/creepy relationships, and Charity ODing in the hospital.  Let's see what these crazy kids are up to now!

Teretha started at 700+ pounds and was bed bound.  Last we saw her, she was standing with the help of others; as in, there were two people holding her up.  

Where Are They Now? Where will they be by the end of the episode?  And, most importantly for all of them, how can we miss them if they won't go away?

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast showing and again during the US West Coast showing.  Not on the East Coast? You can watch along on TLC.com by signing in through your cable provider. 

Original air date 2020.05.13

• LOL 8
(edited)

Hi all! My computer was acting up and I was afraid I wouldn't get here in time! 😲

Eating habit: Chicken tenderloins (pan fried in maybe a tad too much olive oil, but they were good), mashed sweet potatoes, and peas. And my last bottle of ginger beer. Now, mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Last week someone mentioned butt wings, then later I looked at TV Guide for this week and saw we were getting Charity, the original queen of the butt wings. 

Thought I'd share the view from my living room window at 5:47 pm this evening.

living room window -5132020-547pm.jpg

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 7

Hi, Pounders! My eating habit this evening was a bowl of black beans topped with some sour cream, guac, and salsa. A burrito minus the tortilla, sort of. I couldn't stand Charity or any of her posse the first time around. Don't know how long I'll be able to hang in with this WATN episode.

• Love 5

Hi ya how y'all doing? My favorite hump day activity! Doing well, healthy. My eating habit was some hot dogs...ugh.

I hope you all didn't need your mamas too much over Mother's day. 

• Love 2

Hello my people! My eating habit is grass fed ground beef w/onions, ,peppers, & tomato sauce over rice. Think spaghetti w/meat sauce w/o the refined carbs.

Please, Lord, let there be some snark tonight.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

I know it's Wednesday because it's snark night.  Other than that.....

I thought yesterday was Wednesday and it took me a minute to figure out why this thread wasn't up yet.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Eating habit is snapper with a side salad.  Very healthy, but I am undoing it because of dessert-a scoop of Belgian chocolate gelato with a scoop of the sea salt caramel blended in with it and we are splitting a box of Walker's short bread.

Hi to everyone!!

• Love 7

My eating habit is poor, feeling sorry for myself as our transatlantic trip home is history and who knows how long before it will be safe to travel back again.  I’m using this as an excuse for pounder-esque eating (though I am enjoying it).  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Even my disapproving husband was watching Dr Now in action today and thought he needed his attitude to help him with his quarantine gain. And these fools throw it all away with their “I know better than him”

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Helloooooo Pounders! How's everyone's eating habit? (Delicious bowl of tortilla soup and a decent sized slab of chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream). Is everyone staying sensible and safe? 

*whispers* I had pizza rolls. Homemade though!

• Love 6
(edited)

I had Tater Tots (oven baked), with Shrimp Sauce for dipping.  By the way it's hard to find Cocktail/Seafood Sauce, Shrimp Sauce, or Ketchup without High Fructose Corn Syrup, but I managed.   Don't even bother reading BBQ sauce labels, I think they all have HFCS, which ranks right up there with grapes, oranges, and other devil foods. 

38 lbs. of excess skin!    I'm so glad I finished dinner a long time ago.  

By the way, from endless repetitions of "Flying Nun" commercials, Charity's Butt Wings could lead to lift off.   As Sally Field said on the commercials, "If lift plus thrust is greater than load plus drag, anything will fly".   So if we get lucky, and Charity goes by a windy area, she might take flight.  

A tacky note, in the WATN from previous years, Tony the fiance (nephew of Charly's father), not only cheated with Charity's sister, but she was having his baby.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Hello my people! My eating habit is grass fed ground beef w/onions, ,peppers, & tomato sauce over rice. Think spaghetti w/meat sauce w/o the refined carbs.

Please, Lord, let there be some snark tonight.

Well, not a single follow up person has been successful so far, so odds are in your favor. At least as far as attitude for sure. Edited to add this season

Edited by Wanda
Adding a point
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

My eating habit was Cheetos and Miller Lite this afternoon because my contractor stopped by to shoot the shit. (We stayed well over 6 feet apart!)

Oh, LOL ... I forgot that the gross boyfriend cheated with the sister, "Dusty."

Of course he did. 

Just now, ThereButFor said:

My eating habit is poor, feeling sorry for myself as our transatlantic trip home is history and who knows how long before it will be safe to travel back again.  I’m using this as an excuse for pounder-esque eating (though I am enjoying it).  

Sorry to hear that. I had plans to visit friends and former colleagues in Scandinavia this spring. I changed my mind to early fall, but I don't think that's going to work either. I don't know when people will feel comfortable breathing the same air as a bunch of untested, asymptomatic, plague carriers again.

• Love 2

My eating habit was a meal kit that we got from Home Chef. Chicken with beurre blanc sauce and green beans with mushrooms. Very yummy and because I'm eating half of what they consider a serving, it's not at all high in calories. Was a nice chnage from the ususal.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Hi ya how y'all doing? My favorite hump day activity! Doing well, healthy. My eating habit was some hot dogs...ugh.

I hope you all didn't need your mamas too much over Mother's day. 

I actually got to see my mama on Mother's Day! She was surprised. We wore masks except when we were eating, which we did in the living room, well spaced. And it was nice enough to sit out on the deck for a bit in the afternoon, too. 🙂

Such a nice, clean floor...

• Love 9

Did Charly just pick up that broom and make some random sweeping motion in the air ant put it away?

1 minute ago, aliya said:

Sorry to hear that. I had plans to visit friends and former colleagues in Scandinavia this spring. I changed my mind to early fall, but I don't think that's going to work either. I don't know when people will feel comfortable breathing the same air as a bunch of untested, asymptomatic, plague carriers again.

Especially with passengers refusing to wear masks 😕

• Love 1

Oh, god...will someone please give Charity some teeth by the end of this episode? She really has a bad case of Popeye face.

Happy Wednesday, Pounders. My eating habit is an open-faced sandwich made with leftover roast chicken, goat cheese, tomatoes, and baby greens dressed with vinaigrette. Tonight's beverage of choice is rose. It reminds me a lunch in Paris.

This should be interesting. I have some hope for Charly.

• Love 5
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

Did Charly just pick up that broom and make some random sweeping motion in the air ant put it away?

Well none of these mamas are exactly Martha Stewart in the housekeeping arena.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1