Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Charity & Charly & Teretha LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, peaceknit said:

I'm still trying to complete all 5 seasons of Outlander (Starz) before my free trial ends, lol. I just really got into that show!

OUTLANDER!!  Oh, my. Jamie Fraser, amiright?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

I’m getting my ‘rona roots done next week 💥💫️Major excitement! 

I don't think my salon is open yet. I am so ready - and feeling so shallow that I'm even thinking about my hair - at the same time.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

All of the mother/daughter poundticipant duos are so strange, with the daughter being the adult, and the mother being the child (Charity & Charlie, Jennifer & Marissa).   

It's that way on 90DF, the kids are often more mature than their idiot mother/father.

• Love 6

Any bets on what that tat on Charly's chest is?   Oh I'm so surprised that Charity is a drinker too.  

Oh that Teretha, playing with her phone while as the paramedics load her into the ambulance for a Dr appt.   

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

Happy Wednesday, Pounders. My eating habit is an open-faced sandwich made with leftover roast chicken, goat cheese, tomatoes, and baby greens dressed with vinaigrette. Tonight's beverage of choice is rose. It reminds me a lunch in Paris.

This should be interesting. I have some hope for Charly.

Well dayum ShoePrincess that sounds way more KLASSY and delicious than my leftover dry chicken rescue salad. 😊

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I'm going crazy and letting the gray go wild. I'm tired of using hair color and I have no clue what color my hair is anyway since I dyed it red and I'm a blonde.Should be interesting.

I haven't touched my hair yet. I'm just going to see what happens. I've been coloring my hair myself with henna for over 40 years. I have NO IDEA how much grey I have or what my hair's doing. I'm just going to wait until I have to go out in public again. It might be a good long time yet. 

• Love 4
Just now, aliya said:

I don't think my salon is open yet. I am so ready - and feeling so shallow that I'm even thinking about my hair - at the same time.

My governor had a speech tonight, and it looks like salons will open 6/1.  I'm thinking of calling my stylist tomorrow.!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Why is Teretha lovingly stroking her bat wing and fondling her apron?

Please no one answer these questions.

Just now, Hellga said:

Don't argue with me, argue with a scale - Dr. Now should know it only works on reasonable people, dumb ones actually DO argue with scales!!!

But the scale is WRONG!  She WORKED HARD!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

Any bets on what that tat on Charly's chest is?

Dory from Finding Nemo

1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I don't remember Teretha

I remember her because she would not stand up for a while. 

3 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

Me too. I can't wait. That two inches of gray is not a good look for me. Manicure, too. Pedi and facial have to wait a few more weeks.

My daughter is a licensed stylist/cosmetologist.  I get my head shaves every three weeks.  Free too!!!  Well not really.  I pay for her car insurance which in NJ means bend over & grab your ankles.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Yep.  I am only missing one tooth - if not for coronavirus, I would have had an implant placed this week, now I don't know when it will happen - and when I don't put my temp in, my mouth twists sideways and doesn't look right... and it's only one tooth!  Without any, her face is skull-like.

I went to the dentist on March 14th. Just in time. I got a notice from my insurance company about not paying the claim about a week later and by then the office had closed so I still haven't been able to ask them about that (my old dentist retired last fall and I from the note on the claim I suspect it has to do with the fact that there are new doctors and/or that they changed the name of the practice). On the other hand, they haven't sent me a bill, either, so hopefully they can just sort it out when they're back. I just keep calling periodically to see if someone answers.

Why do none of these idiots weigh themselves? they just "feel that I've lost" or "think I might have gained a bit". 

Oh, she can't be away from her grandkids. Because she'll need to start grooming them to be her caretakers, since they're young and spry.

• Love 11

I have no patience for Teretha!  Don’t take her back Dr. Now!!!  He’s already going on about what she’s not willing to do and he didn’t even take her back yet.

You’re not mobile, Girly, because you don’t want to be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I think Teretha, was the one who worked for city government or something like that, in an office that promoted health, and weight loss, or something like that.   Teretha should see if Pauline would be willing to sell her the giant throne wheelchair, since she's not using it any more.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I am so sick of these folks on the show saying, "Dr Now has to give me what I need."

You know what I need? An interesting show that doesn't involve people sitting in chairs and staring into space for two hours. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

My daughter is a licensed stylist/cosmetologist.  I get my head shaves every three weeks.  Free too!!!  Well not really.  I pay for her car insurance which in NJ means bend over & grab your ankles.

I know, I used to live in New Jersey!!!!

Edited by Kid
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

When Charly said she was "in her own little world" I wondered if she's on drugs again...

She's nodding out at Dr. Now's office for gods sake!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think Teretha, was the one who worked for city government or something like that, in an office that promoted health, and weight loss, or something like that.   Teretha should see if Pauline would be willing to sell her the giant throne wheelchair, since she's not using it any more.

Yes, she did. I watched her episode earlier. 

Worked for Detroit Public Health until the program was cut. Then she liked being waited on by her kid/grandkids.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I'm going crazy and letting the gray go wild. I'm tired of using hair color and I have no clue what color my hair is anyway since I dyed it red and I'm a blonde.Should be interesting.

I don't really have enough to force a decision on whether to color it or not, yet, but I don't know if I will. I kinda wanna just see what it does... (haven't colored my hair in about 15 years, and I've only done permanent/salon color twice).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

My governor had a speech tonight, and it looks like salons will open 6/1.  I'm thinking of calling my stylist tomorrow.!

Ours have been open for a couple weeks now, but they have strict rules they have to follow. That’s why I can’t get in until next week. Of course, with all the opening up around here, my state’s cases are going up again, so I’m going to get mine done before they shut down again. Plus I think my stylist needs the money. We’ll both be wearing masks and I’ll do an extra shot of bleach before I leave the house. 🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

(my old dentist retired last fall and I from the note on the claim I suspect it has to do with the fact that there are new doctors and/or that they changed the name of the practice). On the other hand, they haven't sent me a bill, either, so hopefully they can just sort it out when they're back. I just keep calling periodically to see if someone answers.

I found out a long time ago, that it can take a long time for a different dentist, even in the same practice to get on the dental insurance list with the company.   The office where I went a few years ago had a senior partner, and a junior partner.   With my insurance if they put the claim through under the senior partner's name, it went through just fine.   When they put it through with the junior partner's name, it didn't get paid.  

• Useful 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Why do none of these idiots weigh themselves? they just "feel that I've lost" or "think I might have gained a bit". 

Oh, she can't be away from her grandkids. Because she'll need to start grooming them to be her caretakers, since they're young and spry.

It's all excuses. Go on Amazon and you can get a scale that can handle up to 700 pounds for under $100. And her grandkids are going to lose her anyway because she's going to keel over any day now because of her health issues. She went from being fairly mobile to barely able to stagger. Not keeping up on what she needs to do is no one else's fault but her own.

• Love 7
(edited)
9 minutes ago, aliya said:

My stylist is in one of those salon suites, where she has her own self-contained room with sink and everything. The state has allowed salons to reopen just this week, with limitations and requirements in place. My stylist had set up a cut/color appointment for me the other day; I had to wait at the front outer door, then she let me in and took my temperature. We were both masked, BTW. 

I was already a bit overdue for cut/color six weeks ago so my hair was a real mess this week. However, we decided to skip the color and just have a cut. I'm a natural ash blonde and have been having my graying hair colored for years. I switched stylists in December and this one has been using a color that blends well with my own gray/silver as it grows out. The other guy used a darker blonde and the line of demarcation was strong - ugh.

So, I got a good cut and so far I'm fine with the silvery color of my own hair in the front, which tones down to a darker tone at the back. Kind of like Mother Nature's highlight/frosting job, I suppose. 

And I'm so bored with this show that I'm writing paras about my hair. 

It's escape from reality. A relative who lives in another state is in the hospital. Cancer diagnosis He's 17 years old. I'm not super-close to him or his family, but still. What a majorly shitty situation. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

My stylist is a close friend, so I go for a friendly visit and he just happens to color and cut my hair while I'm there. What I need more than anything else is to get my legs waxed and a pedicure...

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Don't argue with me, argue with a scale - Dr. Now should know it only works on reasonable people, dumb ones actually DO argue with scales!!!

He really needs to give all these patients one of those scales that goes up to 600 pounds as soon as they hit the 500's so they won't have any more excuses.  Of course, they  will probably lose the scale or toss it out.

I had a nap this afternoon, and my brain is so foggy that I cannot recognize much snarkable material in this so far.   I am pretty disgusted with all of them.   The therapist seems better than Lola, but she needs to watch her weight, too.  There may be hope for Charlie, but she is huge, too.   I thought she had also had the surgery.

I warned you I was shallow.

• Love 4