Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E12: Friendly Fire

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Alliances may crumble after a tribal blindside. An undercover operation escalates to new heights. Those on the Edge of Extinction get another brutal challenge.

original airdate 4/29/20

Just stopping in long enough to say Damn Sophie! Way to smoke everyone but Natalie in that endurance challenge! That was way impressive.

Have fun talking about all the whispering, folks!

God that whispering was painful.

Not sorry to see Kim go.  I never really liked her, but her and her alliance blew it in the IC.

I really don't get the animosity with Ben and Jeremy.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

how the hell are we at season 40. SEASON FORTY  and you step down for a pile of peanut butter and cookies and you know you're not safe and secure? 

I know. Seriously?! I can’t get past that! 

• Love 4

Very disappointed in Kim for stepping down. C’mon, Kim! I expected more from at this point in the game. Especially, when their was an immunity for a man & woman. Maybe, she’ll get back in the game since she isn’t as beaten down.

• Love 6

Fuck this shitty season. It's the goddamm Tony show. Sucks Nick is a moron who gave Tony another IC win and that Kim became a moron and dropped out for some peanut butter. I've barely watched the last 3 episodes not interested in One of Jeff's favs punchable face annoying Tony winning 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

how the hell are we at season 40. SEASON FORTY  and you step down for a pile of peanut butter and cookies and you know you're not safe and secure? 

Hope that PB and cookies tasted like $2 million bucks, because unless Kim gets back in the game, that's what it cost her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

Whew. I'm finding this season gruelling to watch. Tonight my stomach was in a knot for a lot of it, although Tony cracked me up several times. (Hiding in a tree! Getting carried by Ben! 😁

On the EOE people are mostly looking like the Walking Dead, and suffering physically. (Except for Natalie who is apparently superhuman.) The remaining main players are suffering mentally, really losing it. It all makes for exciting and fascinating watching, but it's sometimes difficult to watch what they're going through. 

I don't recall any season taking quite such a toll on the players. I'm excited to see what happens next though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

All the whispering HAS to stop. Not only the audience but the jury needs to know what’s going on. Change the rule, Probst!

Tony is so going to win. When Rob expresses admiration for how he’s playing you know he has the jury’s  attention. 

Yep. It's why I'm out. Fuck Tony 

• Love 9

Watching the show this season reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld's routine about watching a spy movie. Only I'm the one going, "Wait, is he with that guy? I thought he was with the other guy!"

I think in addition to a Tribe Tracker, we need an Alliance Tracker. Maybe CBS would put a graphic at the bottom of the screen, like they do for idols: Aligned with, secretly aligned with, thinks they're aligned but not actually aligned with

Edited by Eolivet
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 9

I'll hand it to anyone that could follow that and keep the voting straight.

Michelle, get your advantage back and don't let Jeremy have it again. Once was enough.

Thank God I don't have to deal with Tony and Ben in real life.

My favorite part? Ben asking for peanut butter and cookies and then having to watch other people eat it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 15

So ... Michelle gave Jeremy the advantage and he was going to play it but Tony told him not to at the last minute? 

Kim - hope you enjoyed that peanut butter. Bye girl.

Ben continues to be a bitch. I have no idea why he and Jeremy hate each other so much. 

The whispering at TC continues to be ridiculous. 

EoE is boring. No game, just people sleeping all day.

• Love 6
Just now, Haleth said:

I think that’s more to Tony’s credit than Nick’s. Stepping down for PB or a token is idiotic. 

Agree, but it also shows that Tony thought Nick would beat him.  Still, weak-ass move by Nick and Kim.

• Love 4

Tony deserves to win IF he makes it to the final tribal council. That's gonna be tough to do though. We are still a long ways off from there and he has made himself into the biggest target out there right now by far. The minute he loses an immunity challenge he is vulnerable to being voted off unanimously. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, me5671 said:

Tony deserves to win IF he makes it to the final tribal council. That's gonna be tough to do though. We are still a long ways off from there and he has made himself into the biggest target out there right now by far. The minute he loses an immunity challenge he is vulnerable to being voted off unanimously. 

Then he will be gifted idols and these idiots like Nick will still keep him

• Love 7

I love how Parvati is such a fan of the game and still has its pulse after being on EoE for like 7 tribal councils, such that she knows Kim erred in giving in on the immunity challenge. 

not really rooting for anyone who’s left. Nick just wants to slide into your alliance, Michele has been treading water, Jeremy is pissed for no reason, Ben has been in over his head since it started, Sarah is spiteful, Denise has been invisible since the Sandra vote, and Tony is exhausting, both to watch and apparently to play with. I hope the EoE returnee shakes things up. 

• Love 18

Also, I want to thank Ben and Nick for the laughs tonight.  I'm sorry Nick is taking such a beating online, and is unhappy with his edit-but when Tony was grilling him about whether or not Kim was coming after him, and Nick was not looking at him and was all 'ummmm'.  He might as well have just told Tony the truth.

And Ben, first finding the idol and trying to hide it from Tony (when Tony was standing right there and saw him), and then trying to pull one over on Probst at the IC.  Seriously, though, it's both good and bad to keep Ben around for your game.  You can get info out of him, you just have to be careful not to blab to him.  He probably did have a point, though, that Tony and Jeremy talking at TC got everyone riled up.  

Just now, SoWindsor said:

How did Tony get Nick to vote for Kim?

Why was Tony going to give Sarah his idol?

Why was Tony so confident in telling Jeremy not to play his advantage?

That was a confusing tribal.

I'm still confused who voted for who.  If Nick voted for Kim, he may have realized that's how the majority was voting and wanted to be a part of the numbers for trust purposes.  That's what I'm thinking.

Sarah was nervous that the vote was getting turned onto her.  Tony put them at a disadvantage with the numbers she thought.  And then all the the whispering at TC might have made her uneasy.  I did see her name come up once there.

Totally agree with your last point.

• Love 3

What does Ben do?  At one point Tony was pitching him an alliance of cop-cop-firefighter.  Meaning Tony, Sarah, Jeremy.  If Tony wants a working class hero alliance going to the end I can accept it a little more.

• Love 4

Tony screwed himself going rogue in the Sophie vote. Then he makes a big target bigger winning three immunities in a row as if people weren't already going to want him out. That's the thing with immunity runs, you slip once and there's nothing to catch you. Everyone knows he has an idol now though so they'll just flush that baby, another bad move when clearly Sarah's name was only being mentioned in Sarah's head.

I'm over the whispering thing ruining the game, just waiting for production to see these tedious know-nothing tribals aren't great for the jury. Since they clearly don't give a shit about us at home knowing what is going on. And once again BIG microphones is all that's needed if you refuse to change the rules. I guess they don't mind ruining their own game.

ETA: As Probst said, maybe they don't need to speak anymore. Can you see production pitching that the game has "evolved" so it no longer neeeeds Jeff to ask anything? Just come on in and we vote, no whispering, no leading questions, nothing. It's this wonderful evolving game Jeff? What's wrong buddy???

Edited by Wandering Snark
Probst can suck it...
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
Just now, enoughcats said:

Peanut butter, especially a mound of it, would have a distinctive aroma.

Is it a Survivor thing but I never even think of Peanut Butter. I don’t even have any in my house. I don’t hate it but I never crave or think about it. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Wandering Snark said:

I'm over the whispering thing ruining the game, just waiting for production to see these tedious know-nothing tribals aren't great for the jury. Since they clearly don't give a shit about us at home knowing what is going on. And once again BIG microphones is all that's needed if you refuse to change the rules and ruin your own game.

Probst long ago stopped giving a shit about what viewers want.  Starting with Russell Hantz, he made the show for his own amusement an what he thought entertaining.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Peanut butter, especially a mound of it, would have a distinctive aroma.

Personally I think some extra production grunt ran out to get cookies and peanutbutter. I highly doubt it was planned like Probst claims it was.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, susannot said:

Probst long ago stopped giving a shit about what viewers want.  Starting with Russell Hantz, he made the show for his own amusement an what he thought entertaining.

I agree completely, he always talks about how great "his show" is and it drives me a little nutz. But given how protective he is of it maybe realizing he's leaving the jury in the dark with the whispering and that protectiveness will kick in and create change. It wouldn't be because any of us care...

5 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

At least those on EoE have enough coconuts to eat now. 

I hope they have Kim come in and say "Wow you guys must REALLY be bored here to have collected that many coconuts!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Wandering Snark said:

I agree completely, he always talks about how great "his show" is and it drives me a little nutz. But given how protective he is of it maybe realizing he's leaving the jury in the dark with the whispering and that will kick and create change. It wouldn't be because any of us care...

It would be great if jury members complain that they don't know how to vote because they were kept in the dark.  I can totally see Parvati coming out with that.  She has a don't give a shit attitude.

• Love 11

All that matters to me is that Jeremy is still in.
Not that he's my favorite or anything, but I have him in the office pool.**
If (and I realize it's a big IF), he wins, I win 100 bucks.

**blind draw - I didn't pick him.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Jeff can rattle off all the versions of the waterbucket challenge that he wants to but only one matters to me and that was the one that saved my all time favorite SURVIVOR-the She Devil herself Shi-Ann! (Of course nasty Alicia couldn't let her savor her victory at the moment when she needed it the most)

Anyway....hopefully the Coconut challenge will be enough for Boston Rob to hang up his SURVIVOR spurs forever and just live off the past glory.

I take a slight issue of Amber saying her season is all-stars....I associate her the most with her initial season as "Lamber" Jerri Manthy's henchwoman.

Perfect ending would have been everyone writing down Ben's name and him going home with an idol in his pocket. Tony can be annoying but Ben is just an unlikable pile of bat droppings.

What might have been: Can you imagine how great watching Natalie power through all the challenges this season? But no...sent out first for no good reason when there was another highly viable candidate. I wouldn't mind seeing her come back again. When Pavarti said she was a superhero I was thinking the exact same thing picturing her on one of the new Marvel Disney+ series.

Does Denise have fans? Not feeling her one bit and on a plus side I am amazed how deep Michelle is making it int this game.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, susannot said:

What does Ben do?  At one point Tony was pitching him an alliance of cop-cop-firefighter.  Meaning Tony, Sarah, Jeremy.  If Tony wants a working class hero alliance going to the end I can accept it a little more.

Isn't he in the army or a vet? That could be close enough to cop/firefighter for Tony, it is about protecting people.

15 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Is it a Survivor thing but I never even think of Peanut Butter. I don’t even have any in my house. I don’t hate it but I never crave or think about it. 

They always talk about peanut butter, and that is probably why Jeff had it as an option for the challenge.  I think it may be that when your body is lacking food it craves things with certain nutrients. Peanut butter has protein, carbs, and fat.

• Love 5

The more I think about it, the more I think that two immunities today made no sense. This isn’t a challenge where men should have a natural advantage over women, which is generally why they’d put up two immunities to begin with. I’m no biologist or doctor, but I don’t follow. Denise is fit af and Tony is built too; that's not gender, it’s gym time.

Having two immunities (particularly at F8, as mentioned up thread) absolutely opened a door for shenanigans.

also thought that Probst would snatch the food away when the challenge ended, without giving anyone a chance to eat, since he had just said that they could eat until the challenge was over, and 3 people just immediately dropped out.  

• Love 5

Unless my math is off, why are 3 people (Tony, Sarah, and Ben) running this game while the majority scrambles to not get voted out. And why is anyone telling Ben the whiner anything? Between his tantrums and Sarah being annoyed HER game was messed up by the majority, this season should be subtitled “Survivor: Sour Grapes”.

My dream season is those 3 falling the next 3 weeks.

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I know! They all treat it like it's a plate of gold. I don't know what could be less appetizing to me than a giant glob of peanut butter that's been sweating in the burning sun. 

Then again, if I was starving, I'd probably get it. 

• Love 2

I don't think the game is rigged for Tony but I swear, he looked to have more slack on his chain than anyone else because he had a bend in his arm---everyone else's arm appeared to be straight in the air.

Nick is the most unconvincing liar ever.

10 days left in the game and people stepping down for peanut butter.  Insane and infuriating.

Jeremy has nerves of steel because I would've played that 50/50.

Sarah.  GAH.  I'm hating her more than Ben now and that's saying something.

I really need to see the vote breakout--I have no idea what votes went where.

• Love 13

I don't get what's going on with Nick. It's odd. On one hand, he's self aware to know that he's gonna have to start making moves and building up a resume if he is indeed going to try to win. But then he throws the IC to Tony and when push comes to shove, he lets Tony dictate his vote and just trails along behind Tony. So who knows what he's really thinking..

51 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

If Nick voted for Kim, he may have realized that's how the majority was voting and wanted to be a part of the numbers for trust purposes.  That's what I'm thinking.

I don't get Michelle voting for Jeremy when she gave him the 50/50 coin. I guess she really is left out of the discussion.

41 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It's a Survivor thing. don't they always ask ask for peanut butter? I thought it was all a shoutout to Jenna and Heidi from "Amazon" who I think started the "I'll jump off" for peanut butter/chocolate/cookies/whatever they got. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I don't get Michelle voting for Jeremy when she gave him the 50/50 coin. I guess she really is left out of the discussion.

She claimed she had to vote along with the group that was then voting for Jeremy. So she gave him the coin as a sort of consolation prize. Then she was again on the outside of the actual vote.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6