Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Alicia and Pauline LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

We are just thinking of your comfort.  And trapping you on the couch so you watch more tv and post more.

good the simpsons GIF

I'm still preparing for my (world's slowest) virtual marathon. 

But otherwise....okay, I am living in sweat pants.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

WORK HARDER, CHARMIN! I'll hose myself down on my porch like an animal before buying Scott toilet paper!

7 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

So true!  I have reverted to using my pic (a very nice one, I might add), because in real life I have a big-ass afro with sisterlocs sprouting out from them...NOT A GOOD LOOK!! 

Is my hair ready for public consumption?....Hellz Naw! (not even with forgiving Zoom)

Counting down the days until I can see my scalp again! 😂

People, I sprayed my graying part today for a work zoom.  The shame.

• LOL 11

What a weird ad with the Charmin bears about how they are working around the clock to provide enough toilet paper. The Charmin bears are based on the joke Does a Bear Shtt in the Woods. Gross.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I need to wax my brows, but I am chicken.  At least I don't have to worry about coloring my mousy brown tresses, but they are getting longer and thicker by the minute. 

I’m letting my brows go free. Lol

Just now, LizzyB said:

People, I sprayed my graying part today for a work zoom.  The shame.

Oh I spray all the time but now I'm letting nature take its course and finding out exactly what color my hair is now. And I warned my boss I would be wearing a hat.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

WORK HARDER, CHARMIN! I'll hose myself down on my porch like an animal before buying Scott toilet paper!

Did you ever think, ever, that at any time in your life you'd be watching a commercial reassuring you that the toilet paper manufacturers of America were working around the clock to keep you supplied? Holy shit. So to speak. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I was shocked.  I was sure she would only go a third of the way or maybe half and say she had to build up to it.    (Unless she had been practicing a few days before they filmed this)

Also her narration doesn't sound as dull-witted as the narrations have sounded for the last couple of season. 

Honestly...I don't think she seems that bad.  People have griped about her for so long, so I figured she would be a trainwreck.  But she's not, really.  At least, not as big of a wreck as we've seen before.

7 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Okay. After all the talk about cars I went and googled my ex who had the Monte Carlo. Now I’m really depressed. How come all the rotters can find spouses but I’m still single?

Just think of the agony his spouse is going through.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

He said she had a hard time coping after surgery before. Didn't she refuse to walk?

She was a huge whiny baby. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, mk828 said:

I've been cutting my own hair for years now. Albeit it's a buzz cut so it is not too difficult. The only thing that is tough is the straight line on the back of my neck. Just takes practice.

After going shorter and shorter up the back, I had to admit to myself it just wasn't going to work unless I put my glasses on.

I kind of got the fade working on the top/sides. If it grows out badly, I'm going for straight-up buzz.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Think that's bad?  You should see the toilet paper that I bought when I couldn't find anything I'd ever heard of.  It's so thin that one can see through it!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Concerned said:

She’s also abusing Dillon by fattening him up as she’s losing. 

A form of child abuse that she started years ago when she had him taking care of her as she slowly destroyed her body with food.  I don't know if he even know how to go about getting away from his mom.  She has totally fucked up his life and she does not care. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The squirrels that live on my brow ridge have been free for about 5 years now. I am totally  out of fucks to give about  other people's opinions. 

Edited by Colleenna
Autocorrupt struck again and changed my dirty word.
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

I was hoping that things might open up, but no.

I think if Pauline is a success story this time, I may have to go finish that pan of brownines instead of watching the last two episodes of Homeland.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

How ironic.   The only brands my local Publix (regional grocery, they're wonderful) has on the shelf is Charmin, and the other fancier types.  

After thousands of surgery scenes, they're now putting a warning on Pauline's basketball removal?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Honestly...I don't think she seems that bad.  People have griped about her for so long, so I figured she would be a trainwreck.  But she's not, really.  At least, not as big of a wreck as we've seen before.

You need to watch her original episodes

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
Just now, MsVixen said:

Cutting hair using the strainer!!!!  Moe Howard is coming back to life!!!!

A co-worker hilariously started with a bowl cut,literally.  I couldn't stop laughing at his first cut and this was over Zoom.  I was thinking, did you watch a Youtube video or an episode of Leave it to Beaver!  Ha!
He keeps improving by the week and has progressed to a fade.  It is a marvel to see.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The only brands my local Publix (regional grocery, they're wonderful) has is Charmin, and the other fancier types. 

Guess I'll be driving to Alabama next week ... it's not like I have anything else better today do.

These film crews must have very strong stomachs.. The things they must see during these episodes between surgeries, rolls upon rolls in the shower, and the stench they must encounter in some of the places. They are the real MVP's 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, mellowjoi said:

A form of child abuse that she started years ago when she had him taking care of her as she slowly destroyed her body with food.  I don't know if he even know how to go about getting away from his mom.  She has totally fucked up his life and she does not care. 

Pauline & Dillon from 2011 (I'm not sure if the clips are from Supersize vs Superskinny, where she appeared). She should be ashamed.

• Love 2

Pauline's selfishness regarding Dillon is astounding. She wants a life but couldn't give a crap about his life   Dr Now was so vocal to Timmy, why doesn't he rip Pauline a new one about Dillon?   At least comment on his weight maybe?  

OMG no more Roloff commercials, please!!  STOP

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I trimmed my own bangs and did not die. I can color my own hair all right, I've colored it with henna for decades so that's fine. What I miss is a pedicure. I'm too old and arthritic get at my own toes any more. 

I used to trim my own bangs all the time. (My mom also used to trim my hair sometimes.) But I let them grow out years ago. I'm just sort of curious to see how long it is by the time this is over. But I think the last time I got it cut was back around October or November, anyway.

I have colored it in the past, but only with the kind that washes out over a few weeks. Never done permanent color by myself (and only had it done a couple times, and the second was just to touch up the highlights from the first). I don't have enough gray yet to force a decision on that...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Has Dilly said even one word? 

He actually spoke rather well about wanting his mother's surgery to be successful. Perhaps there is hope if he can gnaw his way out of her clutches.

• Love 5

Anyone catch the name of the book Tim was reading? All I saw was the word, "Justification" or something like that.

6 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

After going shorter and shorter up the back, I had to admit to myself it just wasn't going to work unless I put my glasses on.

I kind of got the fade working on the top/sides. If it grows out badly, I'm going for straight-up buzz.

Has anybody seen Chris Cuomo’s new Forrest Gump ‘do? 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 3
8 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Oh I spray all the time but now I'm letting nature take its course and finding out exactly what color my hair is now. And I warned my boss I would be wearing a hat.

Come on over to the Silver Side!  At least you won't have to worry about roots for right now!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Guess I'll be driving to Alabama next week ... it's not like I have anything else better today do.

Northside Dothan, corner of Montgomery Highway, and Ross Clark Circle (they reopened the stores here, with limited numbers of people, but no restaurants (except drive thru, and curbside).    

(A word of warning, if you do home permanent dye, get the kind without ammonia.    It washes out of towels, and similar items easier, and it doesn't stink either).    

So Alicia has to bring the idiot a spoon?    Can't he walk to the kitchen?    I wonder what happened to the car?     Did anyone tell Alicia that applying for college is not something you do on the spur of a moment?    First decide what you want to study, do the preliminary tests, and application, etc.     

I like the Progressive Flo protect the neighborhood commercial a lot, almost as much as the Geico clogging commercial.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3