Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Alicia and Pauline LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Pauline: [Mine] are the ugliest legs I've ever seen.

Guess Pauline hasn't any other episodes of this show besides her own.

My first car was a hand me down from my aunt, a 1955 Chevy Bel Air (excellent vintage!), black and white like a saddle shoe. I knew nothing of cars and never added oil or water, just gas. The engine froze up on me one day, and it ended up parked on the street until my mother sold it to a couple of guys. She said she saw it a couple years later painted bright yellow, with jacked up back tires, a hotrod. Wish I had that car now...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Pauline: I hope Dr Now takes me back.

Guess she doesn't notice the TLC camera crew following her around.

32 minutes ago, Kid said:

The one thing I remember about Alicia is her boyfriend.  He is a recovering addict himself and he did not enable her.  He was supported her and called her on her bull when necessary.

This is what I remembered, too. Surprised to read here that he seems controlling.  Hmm.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Pauline said in a magazine article that she was losing weight with Sexercise 😩

Really need the vomit emoji.  She's going to get carpal tunnel from masturbation (because we know she's not getting it from someone).

1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

Mine was the infamous  ... unsafe at any speed ... Corvair.   

When you are a woman in the early 70s, with zero assets,  what are you going to do?

And Pauline .. idk.

My brother had a Corvair that he took off a freeway ramp at about 65 MPH.  Hit a Mercedes and landed on top of a Porsche.  Way to take out the most expensive cars on the street.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, mk828 said:

Hi pounders! Pizza for me tonight! Dr. Now would be upset with me... 

At least you aren’t eating the dreaded grapes and yogurt or *gasp* oranges

33 minutes ago, aliya said:
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I loved the look of Chevy Bel Airs!

What is funny is that my first bf (later hubs) had a 56 Bel Air, and his WAS a hotrod. Bel Airs were tanks and the wheel was huge.

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 2

So when Alicia says she needs to "dig a little deeper"  all I could hear in my head is the Oak Ridge Boys singing "Dig a Little Deeper in the Well."

I agree with Pauline; those are the ugliest legs I have ever seen. 

Have to say it but compared to the subhuman blob she was, Pauline is not that bad.  It's all relative I guess - lowered expectations.   I see she's still rocking that powder blue.  I definitely recall that same color stretch pants in earlier episodes.  

• Love 2

What I have learned in the few minutes that I have been tuned in:

Y'all are so bored, that the conversation is about cars❤️ ❤️

(Whispers:  I love when we are off topic)

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

My brother had a Corvair that he took off a freeway ramp at about 65 MPH.  Hit a Mercedes and landed on top of a Porsche.  Way to take out the most expensive cars on the street.

Forgive me for laughing, I hope he didn't get badly hurt.  Wasn't Nader's book on the Corvair, "Unsafe at any Speed?"

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, peaceknit said:

My first car was a hand me down from my aunt, a 1955 Chevy Bel Air (excellent vintage!), black and white like a saddle shoe. I knew nothing of cars and never added oil or water, just gas. The engine froze up on me one day, and it ended up parked on the street until my mother sold it to a couple of guys. She said she saw it a couple years later painted bright yellow, with jacked up back tires, a hotrod. Wish I had that car now...

Wow! I had a 66 Plymouth Valiant that was handed down from my father. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

This is what I remembered, too. Surprised to read here that he seems controlling.  Hmm.

But at the time, she was pretty much stuck in the house. He had the control. Now she's developing as her own person, and that's probably scary to him.

• Love 4
Just now, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Really need the vomit emoji.  She's going to get carpal tunnel from masturbation (because we know she's not getting it from someone).

If I went over 50, the entire car shook violently.  Eventually, my left front axle broke off ...  while parked.  Those were the days!

• LOL 3
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

Forgive me for laughing, I hope he didn't get badly hurt.  Wasn't Nader's book on the Corvair, "Unsafe at any Speed?"

LOL.  I hope he was OK.  When we were first married, my husband called me and said "I hit another car.  But I'm OK."  Me: What kind of car did you hit?  Him: Umm...A BMW.  

Sigh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

OMG my aunt who was only a few years older than me had a Corvair, I think it had rear louvered windows.  And I remember "Unsafe at any Speed".   My age is showing. 

• Love 1

OMG is there going to be another hour of Alicia weighing in and failing at every turn and talking about how "hard" she's "trying?" COME ON. I mean, I'm not losing money watching this but I am losing brain cells.

2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

So when Alicia says she needs to "dig a little deeper"  all I could hear in my head is the Oak Ridge Boys singing "Dig a Little Deeper in the Well."

I agree with Pauline; those are the ugliest legs I have ever seen. 

James K 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Love 4
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

I spend all day in virtual meetings. Why would I want to watch a show where people meet in zoom?

I use zoom once a week, for a fun purpose (college friend set up a "dorm" reunion which has been nice; we've done it that last 4 Sundays). I still don't want to watch a show where people meet in zoom.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I wonder if Pauline is still doing water aerobics in her light blue polyester stretch pants?

I think that is her only outfit!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

What I have learned in the few minutes that I have been tuned in:

Y'all are so bored, that the conversation is about cars❤️ ❤️

(Whispers:  I love when we are off topic)

I know I say this every time, but I fondly remember one night when the subject was so boring we had a lively discussion about peeling cucumbers! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3