Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Alicia and Pauline LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Alicia's relationship with her boyfriend Tim comes under the microscope in the 2nd year of her weight loss journey. And now in her 4th year, Pauline must beg her way back onto the program after quitting in a huff when her last weigh-in didn't go so well.

Please, please, please, for the love of all that is holy, do not have Alicia refer to Tim as Timmy.  We are all still recovering from last week's Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy . . . .  Alicia and Tim were both generally pleasant, low drama folks even though he is a recovering addict and she could eat a dozen donuts in one sitting.

Pauline and her put upon son Dilly, er, Dillon are back for where are they now round 4.  Will she still be riding her double wide scooter?  Will she do just enough to keep the show interested so she can get round 5? Will it ever end? Let's see how much more unlikable she can be.

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast and West Coast showings.  Live somewhere else?  Your cable provider may provide access to watch live with the East Coast showing on TLC.com. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

I awoke this morning fully in the knowledge that we would be seeing the wonder that is Pauline for the FIFTH time.  Suddenly this came to mind;

giphy.gif

I realize my loins are safe.  They may well retreat as far away from her as possible while the rest of me recoils in disgust).  Is there a way to gird our brains?

• LOL 17

https://media3.giphy.com/media/l3vR4aVOuasCb6vjG/source.gif

Who can't wait for more Pauline?!

I caught the beginning of Alicia's original episode last week. I liked her and Tim. Apparently she wasn't thrilled with the edit of the follow-up episode. 
https://www.distractify.com/p/alicia-my-600-lb-life-now

Tonight's eating habit was chicken, couscous, and peas with chicken-broth gravy (which I made the other night, with flour, and had to add water to thin it out). Dessert was the last one of the oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies my mom made last weekend, and chocolate milk, because I need to use up some of my milk.

• Love 2

I don't remember Alicia at all. 

How I will remember her tomorrow morning.: that lady who was on Pauline's episode.

Drat, I nearly forgot;  we have been binge-watching the last season of Homeland.   I guess it was a few seasons back when I decided I hated to wait a week between episodes so I decided to record all or most of them and binge-watch them over the course of a few days.

Eating habit is roast with yams and broccoli followed by a lot of brownies.   Dis not good sitchuashun for my waist line.   But no one sees me anymore except Mr Twopper and the neighbors who bring food and wine

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Alicia looks like a totally different person.    I'm glad for her.     I can't say I like the phrase from Alicia "Tim let me join a gym".    I don't like the controlling way that 'let me join' sounds.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 10

Tim didn't "let" you join the gym, lady -- you just spend 45 seconds setting up all the reasons you didn't go before, like, you didn't want to "do too much."

2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Drat, I nearly forgot;  we have been binge-watching the last season of Homeland.   I guess it was a few seasons back when I decided I hated to wait a week between episodes so I decided to record all or most of them and binge-watch them over the course of a few days.

My ex and I did that with 24 on DVD (more because he didn't have cable). Then we broke up and I started to watch the new season when it started and realized it wasn't any fun by myself. Oh, well.

• Love 1

The one thing I remember about Alicia is her boyfriend.  He is a recovering addict himself and he did not enable her.  He was supported her and called her on her bull when necessary.

• Love 3