Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Leneatha's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Leneatha represents only Leneatha. Do not extrapolate from her to others of her race, class, gender or any other category.

• Start Topic

Just now, Brooklynista said:

She doesn't have to do anything special to exercise.  She could walk that hospital corridor 2x a day.

A have a hospital job & its sometimes 12hrs of almost non-stop walking!

• Love 4

Leneatha is a Pharmacy Tech.      The hospital may have only agreed to filming if no patients are shown, or other restrictions.    Medical privacy rules cancel out filming for reality TV shows.  Also, maybe other staffers didn't want to be filmed either.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CringeWatcher said:

Pale blonde pixie here...thankfully I have a connection, otherwise I’d be about one week away from some looking like a rabid hedgehog.

I got a pixie one week before the lockdown. It's going to look a mess when it gets cut again! I love my white hair though and wouldn't think of dying it again.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Wow. Wait. What show am I watching? No fast food stops? No stops at a motel? No terrible pain? No ow my laig?

No fraaaahd rice! No "I just want to eat and go to bed"??

22 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Well we know from the opening that she's going to argue with Dr. Now about how she "doesn't eat". That's on the bingo card yes?

But of course! Along with "Dr. Now isn't being fair" and "is that scale right?"

7 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I now want to take tap dancing lessons. I sucked at it as a child. Maybe I'm better now?

I took tap dancing lessons as an adult. I also sucked at it as a child. As I should have suspected, I did not have a late blooming talent for it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Does Leneatha work in a hospital with no patients or other employees? Why is no one there?! 

because Hippa.  Probably employees don't want to be seen.  Maybe TLC roped off a portion of Dr Now's hospital to film?   I have no idea, actually.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

When I'm back at work, I am not allowing any of the reporters to use the phrase "In these uncertain times." My God, I hear that a thousand times a day!

Yes--hold that line!  I saw a funny poem online the other day, called "The First Lines of Emails I've Received While Quarantining."  The very FIRST first line is "In these uncertain times,"

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Squee Bastard said:

I took my dogs to be groomed today. Crazy days when the dogs can be groomed, but not the humans!

I had a Zoom meeting with my Dept today but I just phoned in and told them that I couldn't get the video to work on my PC.  That was a lie, I just didn't feel like doing my hair.  It looks really bad.  But yes I had my dog groomer last week.  This is just wrong 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Wow, TLC already has a show about the current situation!  Self-quarantined!  I won't be watching, I am sick and tired of EVERYTHING being just about COVID all the time.

• Love 6
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

I like how the ad for '90 Day Quarantine' is trying to be serious and classy when you know those people are a hot mess.

Okay but you gotta admit that Danielle with a mask on was an improvement. 

Coltee is going to be rocked and soothed on his mom's bosom. 

• LOL 6
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I have never heard of pineapple pie. Is it in a regular pie crust? I wish I lived closer to some of you. 😉 

I use a graham cracker crust. It’s delicious and very rich but not too sweet. High calorie though!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Dear TLC, I think I speak for everyone when I say I am almost certain no one is interested  in what Colt and his creepy mother are doing during their quarantine.

Oh, so wrong!  They fascinate me.

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She's dressed nicer than I am for any Zoom meeting lately. 

I noticed today that week 1 we all had our cameras on. Week 5 we are talking to black screens and still pictures. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Unfortunately, doesn't seem like she will 'get' it unless she has some really bad health event... and even then it's not a given.

My uncle had diabetes for years, both his parents died from consequences of diabetes, and still he refused to follow the diet.  Just got his leg amputated yesterday.  And I honestly don't know if he will eat better from now on...

This one is so dull that we're getting long speeches from Dr. Now. I'm about to go hit up the chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing I made last night (at 2 am, judge all you want, I'm living my best quarantined life over here) in memory of all the past trainwrecks that entertained me. 

I'm missing the premiere of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Dorit's magically changing accent for this? 

• Love 6
Just now, CringeWatcher said:

I use a graham cracker crust. It’s delicious and very rich but not too sweet. High calorie though!

My mother made the best flaky crusts;   mine, unfortunately, look like a frankencrust.  I guess graham cracker is easier, but I do prefer the flaky crusts instead.  My daughter inherited my mother's pie making ability. 

• Love 1
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

I noticed today that week 1 we all had our cameras on. Week 5 we are taking to black screens and still pictures. 

Hahaha, we has a staff meeting this week and I noticed the same thing! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1