Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Leneatha's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Leneatha represents only Leneatha. Do not extrapolate from her to others of her race, class, gender or any other category.

• Start Topic

Month 1-604

Month 6-575

I really like her gym buddy.   He's not cutting her any slack is he?  

She better do very well, because she needs to succeed.

Oh no! Now she's claiming she doesn't eat much.    Dr. Now is being tough with her, and I love him for it.     Bet next month she's down 100 lbs.   

I hate the Kyleena commercials.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

I heard that and immediately logged my food, which I had neglected to do yet today.  TLC--good for something!

I thought about cheese logs. I thought it was an incentive thing. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I am loving this workout...I'm plotting what items I can use to do some strength training while incarcerated at home. 

Also, Len has the same surfboard-in-the-pants butt as Dottie had. 

I use my step ladder as a stair climber of sorts. I have some weights here that I should be using, but teaching from home takes waaaay more time than you might think. And our administration must have a 100 email per day quota they have to fill. 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

If she says she's not eating, and the gym guy asked her for a food log, why not bring it to Dr Now? She's eating more than she thinks she is, whether on purpose or by mistake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Scratches19 said:

That 90 day fiancé tho. My s/o watches that. I peak in over in awhile. 

TLC:

Trainwreck Lifestyle Channel 

Remember the good ol' days when it was actually The Learning Channel with a goal of edify the mind with good, wholesome content that advanced your knowledge of the world?  Yeah, it's hard sometimes to recall that era!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Ugh. No, Dr. Now. Sugar Free Jell-O is an abomination. Don't tell people to eat that shit. It tastes like wiggles and sadness. 

I hate Jell-O as a rule. I'm with Sophia from "The Golden Girls." "If God had meant for peaches to be suspended in mid-air he would have filled them with helium."

• LOL 8

I have to disagree with Dr. Now on that one. 

Remember I ate air and saliva for my eating habit a couple of weeks ago?  The scale was up TWO pounds...apparently, oxygen  has caloric content.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Remember the good ol' days when it was actually The Learning Channel with a goal of edify the mind with good, wholesome content that advanced your knowledge of the world?  Yeah, it's hard sometimes to recall that era!

I said this on the last episode thread for 90 Day Fiancé: Before The 90 Days but it also fits here:

I blame Kate Gosselin for this. Because I can and because it's fun. Fuck her and her Karen hair, it's all her fault. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
Just now, Concerned said:

Cole slaw is terrible. It’s a mayonnaise delivery system. A cup of mayonnaise with some lettuce leaves.

Well, that's why it's terrible - you're supposed to use cabbage, not lettuce. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

Oh nooo science and physics, that can't be right. Nobody in this country believes in science!

Well not on this show.

Which reminds be: this is my new go to for that concept. The airlock scene from Avenue 5. I gotta go read that forum. 

3DE3DC53-4205-4759-BE40-E852F0F79921.jpeg

• LOL 1
9 minutes ago, aliya said:

Jeez. I had to mute most of that discussion. 

I'm not defending Leneatha, but I will say this - especially as a diabetic, she may have been taught she needed to eat frequently so she didn't get low blood sugar. I know I was. This is terrible, old advice. If you're eating a regular (not low carb or keto) diet like the ADA, it just keeps carbs floating around your system all day.

She may also have issues with being at work, not eating, and then starving later and not knowing if she'll get the time to eat later, will have to get take out because she's too hungry to cook when she gets home, etc. Been there.

I'm on a medication that affects how hungry I feel. I had a problem at first because I wouldn't get hungry until 7 or 8 pm and was always told not to eat late plus I was afraid I'd pass out around 10 or 11 from not eating. The doc said, "Eat when you're hungry." Wha? So now I don't worry about it. I also know I don't have to have a meal just because I'm hungry. I just need something, not everything.  She needs a forward-thinking nutritionist. 

My antipsychotics have made me really balloon and Ive gained around 40 pounds on it. Im on other meds that are supposed to help. Losing weight is just really hard and I often forget about whats going and and its hard for me to get energy to actually cook and prepare a meal.

• Love 4

Wow that's her story and she's sticking to it!!!!   

I think I speak for all of us when I say Lenethea for the love of God, shut the fuck up, stop with the bullshit, get with the program, lose some damn weight and then get the fucking surgery!!!   Jesus Christ!!!!

• Love 14

She is getting too much Dr. Now time, so much dialogue.  They have no content for this episode.  Can you imagine if doctors spent this much time with each patient?  It would never happen in today's world of health care.  It is exhausting and quite frankly, boring.

• Love 4

This is just a terrible episode. Just a diet show. They haven’t showed her eating at all. Did they not have access. You know they’d love to have shown her shoving food in and then claim she doesn’t eat. I think she need to have her metabolism checked. 

• Love 3

Speaking of TLC characters: Does anyone watch Dr. Mike on YouTube? He did a compilation video asking 100 doctors questions about coronavirus and Dr. Pimple Popper was in there.

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I would suspect she is eating higher calorie items than she thinks she is.  The portions are very small but they are high calorie.

A KFC two-piece and cole slaw is NOT on the diet.

• Love 7
Just now, Snarkastikate said:

Wow that's her story and she's sticking to it!!!!   

I think I speak for all of us when I say Lenethea for the love of God, shut the fuck up, stop with the bullshit, get with the program, lose some damn weight and then get the fucking surgery!!!   Jesus Christ!!!!

She can't memorize 2 stories, 1 was hard enuff !!!!!!!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Concerned said:

Cole slaw is terrible. It’s a mayonnaise delivery system. A cup of mayonnaise with some lettuce leaves.

Not if you make it right. 

• Love 2

Well, I'm impressed with all of you Pounders who are still commenting on the content.  You have excellent attention spans!  I have "lost the plot," as they say, but in this case, literally (I am also close to losing the plot, figuratively, at this point 😫).

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I get this, sort of. 

When I went on Keto, I lost nothing for 4 munts. I gave up my beloved cakes and ice cream, no Good n Plenty or Hot Tamales candy, no dinners of fresh bread and sweet butter with a little parmesean sprinkled on each slice. Meat. Eggs. Tuna. Turkey. Salad. Certain, sad vegetables. No potatoes, no carrots. Riding a bicycle 8 miles a day. A real bicycle, to and from work. I. Lost. Nothing. It took my body that long to adjust. 

Month 5, I began to lose. Finally. Still, while my Keto pals were celebrating 40 lbs, I was jusssst getting to 10. It took a year to lose that 40, and 10 came back in less than a month of couching and "having a little" in quarantine.  My wild cheat nights consisted of having a single serving can of baked beans with my grilled chicken or having a baked potato instead of brussels sprouts. 

I'm back on the wagon, but I really, really get feeling like I am eating less that everyone around me, and still not losing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6