Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

My first European meltdown was trying to buy laundry detergent and fabric softener in Croatia. Of course, I didn't have a smart phone with Google and Google Translate at my disposal...

Doing laundry in France was weird. A nice young man came up,to me and offered help. The machines are very different in Canada.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Running in late. Was at boyfriend's for 4 days and came home tonight and the deadbolt lock on my front door wouldn't open so called a locksmith. He just got done and I told him thanks now I could watch 90 Day Fiance and he said he also watches it. He is from Jamaica and is 42 and he said his wife who answered the phone when I called for service, she brought him to the U.S. and his wife is 70! I wanted to ask if her name was Jenny. LOL

Did I miss Stephanie the Cougar? I missed the first 30 minutes.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

I’m trying to figure out where I stand with Julia and the farm chores.  Obviously, this is a hobby farm.  A couple of animals that need to  fed in the AM.  I understand Julia being a guest, however, was she expecting to hang around the farm?  Sleep till noon, get up and prepare for Brandon’s arrival from work?  
It appears to me that Brandon’s parents sponsored Julia.  They must have expectations.  They seem pretty up front.  It that we’re me, I’d want to pull my weight by helping out.

Then they needed to sponsor her for a different type of worker visa, not a K1.

Better still, don’t sponsor a K1 visa for their broke ass son.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Natalie: We really don’t know if we are suited for each other.

Me: Then why are you constantly talking about marriage?

Could it be because she wants the green card and after she gets it leave Mike????

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Doing laundry in France was weird. A nice young man came up,to me and offered help. The machines are very different in Canada.

In the UK, I had a combo washer and dryer. Had to go to the laundromat to wash anything big, like bedding.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

And would admit it? 

I did, but I did to see the programming (mainly looking for pillow talk) but i am not renewing after the seven day trial.  The comedians razzing on House Hunters sounded good but not $5 monthly good.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Happy New Year, my dear snarkers. I spent the better part of the weekend working on my hula hoop endurance techniques.

In middle school I was in a hula hoop competition. I lost. But at least I'm not the 50 year old cougar on the show doing hula hoop. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Do any of these people find out the real deal before moving to a completely different life and country.  Everyone is always so shocked and horrified that they are not living in a mansion with servants meeting their every needs.   Have not been here in a few weeks, Happy New Year everyone!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
18 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Did anyone sign up for Discovery+? 

No and I don’t intend to.  It’s bad enough they have the Discovery+ countdown clock on my screen tonight. I enjoy a few shows on TLC however, part of it is this forum.  There is a limit to how much I would spend on add ons and that isn’t one of them.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Natalie..,the cat did not bite you...she was sweetly sitting on your lap. The only bitch is you. Spoiler, if I cat bites you it requires medical attention due to high infection rates...stupid bitch

We run a cat rescue and get bitten and scratched every day. We usually just use antiseptic and iodine. Because of our status we have quite a bit of medical supplies on hand and after almost a decade of hundreds of cats we've become pretty good at being able to tell which ones need attention and which ones we can watch.  However, 4 years ago cat scratch fever almost killed my husband. The scratch was fine for about 10 days, it was even fading and had no swelling, and then it just suddenly exploded and turned bad. He had to get surgery and still has a hole in his leg. Bartonella is no joke. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I feel like the big girl farm hand that is "helping" Julia is really who Brandon's parents want him with. And/or they want Julia to feel competitive with her and emulate her. 

Which will never happen. The big girl farm hand being pushed on Brandon is probably why he was desperate and found Julia to squash that. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Just about every couple has an "Our Story" show but who wants to watch them again? Not me.

Exactly - every time I flipped through channels this weekend, I saw the TLC had countdown clock for the free Discovery+ trial, and Pillow Talk with either Loren & Alexi or Tim & Veronica.  I was relieved that I don't have to hear their vocal fry or insipid commentary.  I don't see how those promos were a sell.  I realized that they are already past their expiration dates.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

There is a new show with Joe Kenda, plus a few others, but 98 percent is available on ID.

Just sbout every couple has an "Our Story" show but who wants to watch them again? Not me.

I don’t get I D anymore but loved it

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Running in late. Was at boyfriend's for 4 days and came home tonight and the deadbolt lock on my front door wouldn't open so called a locksmith. He just got done and I told him thanks now I could cwtch 90 Day Fiance and he said he also watches it. He is from Jamaica and is 42 and he said his wife who answered the phone when I called for service, she brought him to the U.S. and his wife is 70! I wanted to ask if her name was Jenny. LOL

Wows, how long have they been married? It’s all happening in Michigan 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Running in late. Was at boyfriend's for 4 days and came home tonight and the deadbolt lock on my front door wouldn't open so called a locksmith. He just got done and I told him thanks now I could cwtch 90 Day Fiance and he said he also watches it. He is from Jamaica and is 42 and he said his wife who answered the phone when I called for service, she brought him to the U.S. and his wife is 70! I wanted to ask if her name was Jenny. LOL

Yes - she's supporting his family and paying his salary (but he doesn't know that).   Her friends are looking shocked.   She's going to visit him and he asked her to bring her Mom's ring - so she's getting "engaged".    She owns 2 "youth spas".     You've got your own snark going on with the 90-day locksmith!!!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Natalie is no spring chicken ....machines might be different, but people should know to wash dark colors and light colors separately.  Surely the whole world knows you're screwed to wash anything with white.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Hey my birthday is Thursday! No cake for me??

Happy early birthday! I have a couple of pieces left from my small cake. With the restrictions here, no guests. Although some government types are now in hot water for travelling to Hawaii and worse. Calls for the Premier's resignation.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I don’t get I D anymore but loved it

I don’t have it either. The ID streaming app has a lot of content you don’t need to sign up for. Just watched the Doomsday special about Lori Vallow. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, tvrox said:

In middle school I was in a hula hoop competition. I lost. But at least I'm not the 50 year old cougar on the show doing hula hoop. 

We had a dance a few years ago, and our teacher/choreographer incorporated hula hoops. Got so I could hula hoop while turning in a circle. Still won’t be on this show, though. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

In the UK, I had a combo washer and dryer. Had to go to the laundromat to wash anything big, like bedding.

I've heard that that combo takes forever to dry things. Is that right?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

We run a cat rescue and get bitten and scratched every day. We usually just use antiseptic and iodine. Because of our status we have quite a bit of medical supplies on hand and after almost a decade of hundreds of cats we've become pretty good at being able to tell which ones need attention and which ones we can watch.  However, 4 years ago cat scratch fever almost killed my husband. The scratch was fine for about 10 days, it was even fading and had no swelling, and then it just suddenly exploded and turned bad. He had to get surgery and still has a hole in his leg. Bartonella is no joke. 

I’ve worked with feral cats and when I was bitten it was automatically antibiotic treatments ...granted  I have some health issues maybe that is why ?? I was told even household cats transmit bacteria easily due to tiny teeth that inject bacteria deep in the skin when they bite. I agree it is no joke. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

It's the little things like that that get me stressed. I can find my way around any foreign transportation system, but trying to figure out foreign grocery store aisles and washing machines...My husband still makes fun of me for drinking Squash (a British drink) straight for my first 2 weeks. I didn't know you were meant to water it down. I kept wondering how everyone was able to throw it back without gagging. Meanwhile, they were all impressed that I wasn't gagging. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Wow, sorry to hear this.

• Love 3