Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

No one in production or CBS is willing to cave in and ask Doug Davidson back. I think they know there was a lot of backlash from the cast and some fans but figure it’s best not to draw attention to their mistake. Especially, when occasionally Lauralee Bell has been on. Granted the Bell name helps even though no Bells are in charge of Y&R. I thought he would have been brought back by now. Next year they are celebrating 50 years so maybe he’ll come back for a appearance. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
(edited)
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

Paul who? 

🤣

Maybe he can catch a ride with Victoria Rowell.

I guess it's possible Show might have him back at some point, but after how he took out the trash on TIIC, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

Edited by boes
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)

Yeah, DD has talked a lot of ish about TPTB on social media. The difference between him and VR though is that his complaint is mainly that he wasn't getting enough airtime. Apparently that's one of the things TPTB won't put up with, i.e., airing out contractual issues in public and trying to shame or embarrass them. At the end of the day, they hold all the cards and if they're willing to ignore grousing by the fans the actor has no real recourse.

IMO YR is hanging by a couple of strings and they're just trying to stick it out as long as they can. To that effort, I think certain vets can be considered "safe" because they are key to the portions of Y&R history TPTB want to keep viable. But boy have certain characters worn out their welcome, and their portrayers are redefining the concepts of "phoning it in" and "resting on one's laurels." Sigh.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 4
  • Love 13

VR was right when it came to calling out CBS. It turned out that the rot was sitting right at the top for what turned out to be decades. I've been watching old episodes of Diagnosis Murder from back in the day when she was doing double duty and it reminded me how much I miss Dru especially with Neil being gone.

I've caught episodes here and there in the past couple months and agree with those who think Robert isn't really a good fit for the Ashland character. I had to quit watching completely for a while because of that idiotic baby story that was making me start to despise some of the characters involved. When I started dipping my toes back into watching again watching Roashland made it feel like I was watching a new character just spouting the same lines as the original.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

No one in production or CBS is willing to cave in and ask Doug Davidson back. I think they know there was a lot of backlash from the cast and some fans but figure it’s best not to draw attention to their mistake.

Remind me again of what happened with DD?

• Love 5

Yes, did DD come back a little bit after being booted for Rey? Or was that not the case? I remember him pouting and fussing online about it a lot--and I thought he did come back a little (like Cricket) but them started pouting and fussing again it wasn't enough? 

I am still a few episodes behind but thrilled Esther is going to get something to do. I've always liked her. I wish they'd bring Jill back, Also, I liked it when we saw Esther at Crimson Lights sometime a few years back. I get it that she's never been a major player, and without Katherine there's less for her to do...but seeing her is comforting and I thought working for Sharon at CL was a good way to see her a bit--she could at least be a sounding board for other characters. 

Overall, I liked the Top of the Tower wedding. Agreed with comments here about the 70s vibe being a little bit of a stretch. 

So far? New Summer seems totally capable. HK/Summer was fine, but since I never was super duper attached I can't blame TPTB for not wanting to adjust storyline every year for pilot season and the actress. Especially since MM is by far the best Kyle--or younger male actor in general--they've had in years. 

I liked Phyllis kicking Diane out of the house and calling her a cancer. Yes, MS/Phyllis is too over the top but fighting with Diane or Cricket I do like it.....maybe out of nostalgia? Her rivalry with Abby and with Sally (who I love) felt false. 

• Love 17
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

JasonCC summed it up pretty well.  

I lifted this from bit about Doug's absence from "The List".

Tweeting in March 2021, Davidson stated, "I think I am done. After 43 years I am treated like a day player. No bueno." Months later, in October 2021, Davidson again took to social media, writing that he found it "remarkable that after 42.5 years I haven't heard from the network at all." He added, "No thank you for your service, a phone call. Many gifts from the first 25 years...not a peep from this group. I don't think it's personal. New era. Still grateful."

The following month, in November 2021, Davidson announced a Twitter break (that has since ended), and once again lamented the state of his situation with the CBS soap. "I'm going to take a break from Twitter soon...I keep dreaming about the show and I can't find my script," he tweeted. "Well, a nightmare. Let see if my absence from here changes my dreams!"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, boes said:
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

JasonCC summed it up pretty well.  

I lifted this from bit about Doug's absence from "The List".

Tweeting in March 2021, Davidson stated, "I think I am done. After 43 years I am treated like a day player. No bueno." Months later, in October 2021, Davidson again took to social media, writing that he found it "remarkable that after 42.5 years I haven't heard from the network at all." He added, "No thank you for your service, a phone call. Many gifts from the first 25 years...not a peep from this group. I don't think it's personal. New era. Still grateful."

The following month, in November 2021, Davidson announced a Twitter break (that has since ended), and once again lamented the state of his situation with the CBS soap. "I'm going to take a break from Twitter soon...I keep dreaming about the show and I can't find my script," he tweeted. "Well, a nightmare. Let see if my absence from here changes my dreams!"

That is some fucked up shit right there.

• Love 12

On another Y&R forum someone commented that one problem with the theme wedding was that while the guests' attire and the decor was supposed to be '70s glam, the brides were closer to Boho chic, by way of the Upper Midwest. Especially with the way their hair was styled. Wonder why the show didn't just go all boho? Everyone could've come looking like they were on their way to Woodstock. That would've eliminated Sharon and Phyllis' opportunity to wear their shiny, lowcut gowns though. 😑

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t Rodan the initial aggressor way back when with Diane and Diane was mostly reacting to Rodan’s aggression.  Why I’m questioning this is that Rodan is the poster person for aggression.  Diane just can’t be ignored, she has to be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail. 

Way back when in 1962, the dark ages to people under 50, called “Mother-in-Law”

The worst person I know mother-in-law, mother-in-law  

She worries me so mother-in-law mother-in-law. 

If she leaves us alone we would have a happy home Sent down from below mother-in-law mother-in-law. 

Sin should be her name mother-in-law mother-in-law to me they’re about the same mother-in-law mother-in-law 

This is how Rodan’s influence on Summer makes her feel about Diane but how does Kyle really feel about Rodan?  We don’t know because he’s too afraid and to big of a wuss to express his feelings to Summer. 

Great parenting Kyle and Summer letting Harrison play right near the water without being right by his side. 

I’ve noticed that Kyle has been a little more intolerant of Diane since he’s being more influenced by Summer and therefore Rodan. 

Such bull shit flowing from the mouth of Summer with praising Chelsea and how wonderful of a designer she is. Of course Summer could be a little more gracious about Sally for getting her to be a big wig in Milan.  Sally’s design, for Olive’s wedding dress, was 100 times more creative than Chelsea’s designs for Mariah and Tessa.  Summer just lost all her credibility, as a fashion guru, by praising Chelsea’s schmatas.  

Kyle is reminded of the warm tender mother that Diane was with him as a little boy.  Can Summer say the same about Rodan?  For the life of me, I can’t picture Rodan as a warm tender mother when Summer was a little girl.  Why isn’t Kyle or even Summer concerned about Rodan being in Harrison’s life?  If I was a little boy, she would scare the pants off of me.  

Diane Diane Diane there is no way you should even be seen talking to Poppin Fresh.  Rodan, Nikki, Summer, etc will use it against her. See, Diane hasn’t changed. 

The more I see Summer 2.0 the more I’m convinced that HK had to be recasted to make Summer seem and look more mature.  Summer 2.0, in a way, reminds me of Tara has to having a mature look. HK’s look was like a spoiled brat immature teenager.  The actresses who play Summer 2.0 and Tara are about the same age, early 30’s which makes them approximately 4 years older than HK. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

NuSummer has a very precise way of enunciating her words. Are we absolutely certain she isn't Jack's kid? 😉

Lol, Michael sh!t-talking Ashland at Society. He was having himself a good ol' time.

Was that a necklace Lauren was wearing or were those icicles beaded onto the fabric of her top? Cool look.

Good luck with the exorcising, Victoria. You're going to be running into Ashland every day at either Crimson Lights or Society, if not both. And he can afford to keep it up indefinitely.

Whoa, Diane's already talking about Harrison visiting her out in CA. With both her and Ashland now being in the picture, Kyle better put a security team on Harrison. The kid's chances of getting kidnapped just shot up 100%.

Huh, were Summer and Chelsea and Kyle ever friendly or was today's chattiness between them a bit of a retcon?

Ohhhh, Dwight is that guy. I remember seeing him on the Tracey Ullman Show 30 years ago. Interesting get for Y&R; he's a familiar face but not known for doing soaps.

I thought Esther looked fantastic in her hot pink sheath dress. A bit much for an informal meeting at the park though, no?

Kyle, Kyley, Kyle, Kyle, Kyle. Wait until you find out who undead mommy dearest's new buddy is. Sigh, you're a simp just like your father, at least when dealing with pushy women. Lucky for Harrison he's got fierce stepmommy Summer watching his back.

Chloe better have Kevin use his less-than-entirely-legal computer skillz to investigate Dwight. Dude was on Esther too fast and too strong, and now he knows she's willing to elude her daughter's protectiveness.

• Love 15

I like the NuSummer better than the last one but somehow, someway she seems too mature and articulate. She’s too on top of things and it makes me suspicious. Maybe I just watched OldSummer for too long and expected an idiot to return to GC.

• LOL 17
  • Love 6

Robert Newman has been looking really good lately. It might be the casual clothes and tight pants but I think he’s settled into the role and slimmed down a bit. I’m curious if he’ll stay past his one year contract or not?! I guess we’ll by the end of summer when there’s talk about prison being in his future.

Also, nuSummer isn’t bad but she does seem so more mature than Hunter King was. It’s not a bad thing but she just comes off older. I think she is also much taller, too. It’s been throwing me off with the some of the people in the cast. Once again, it’s not a horrible thing but it’s just something I noticed and will have to used to. Recast are tricky. Usually, it takes me a few months to accept them…..or not. LOL!!!

• Love 12

Do these people have their seasons mixed up? In the dead of winter the girls were half naked and sleeveless and now when we have some 90 degree days they’re in long sleeves or sweaters.  Ashland in a sweater too.      

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was that a necklace Lauren was wearing or were those icicles beaded onto the fabric of her top? Cool look.

I loved it. Christmas in May.

Ohhhh, Dwight is that guy. I remember seeing him on the Tracey Ullman Show 30 years ago. Interesting get for Y&R; he's a familiar face but not known for doing soaps.

That's all I could think of  of his past accomplishments, too.

I thought Esther looked fantastic in her hot pink sheath dress. A bit much for an informal meeting at the park though, no?

And then at Crimson Lights they had her sit on a tiny chair so low to the ground that even her boobs were under the table. And not the same way Phylthy's are.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I'm confused by the fashion philosophy on this show. Why is it appropriate for women in GC, Wisconsin to spend the frigid winter months in slinky half-dresses and now, mid-May, Nikki and Lauren cover up with sweaters? Especially that black holiday one Lauren had on. I'm not sure what physical challenges the Nikki actress may have but those belts she wears look like unnecessary instruments of torture. And proclaiming Chelsea a world class fashion designer is ridiculous considering her personal fashion choices resemble long ago Sears catalog markdowns. Not to mention those wedding dresses for the glam 70s extravaganza, not glam, not 70s, not cute. They looked incomplete, like they waiting for embellishment. I almost understand Sally because she comes from the very fashion forward world of B&B but she needs to tone it down for GC. So I'd like to see an indefinite moratorium on sequins and satins until next December. Let's see how the costumers handle that.

• Love 17

I was watching a documentary about Pompeii recently and got to thinking about how nice it would be if the Corinthii en masse (like Kardashians) went to their island and all the inhabitants abandoned them there and there was  extinction level event (massive volcanic eruption) that necessitated a societal reset in Port Charles where Laura and Kevin assumed leadership. They could battle against some conglomeration of the Cassidines, Cyrus,  and the Wu Family. Thus ending the two decade stranglehold of the moobsters and returning sanity to the land. Happy thoughts while I mash the fast forward button with all my might.

Another thought: it would be nice if seldom used characters like Felix and Deanna could pop up for quick gossip catch ups at the nurse's station or the Savoy happy hour. They could snark and sniggle about current events like Britt and Brad did for the Nurses Ball.

54 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I kept waiting for how the Newman's fit into the island scenario.

Well, I suppose We could send Victor to the island with Sonny. They both claim to do everything to protect their families even when it isn’t true. And it could be fun to see the reactions to Nick’s macho man/cool dude attitude. 

• LOL 5
(edited)

"Dwight" was on Edge of Night and Ryan's Hope (neither of which I watched) and I remember him from Tracey Ullman and a wide variety of shows and movies. He's a "that guy" who you recognize but don't know his name (Sam McMurray) and have to look up other characters' filmographies to pick him out from a cast list to find his name.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I caught up on all the episodes from last week. Friday's episode was the best to me, I loved the flashbacks, and I liked seeing the family dynamics from Ester & Chole. Allie seems to mesh well with Jack & Ashley, so far her best scenes are with those two. I even liked Victoria's interaction with NuSummer.

The Teriah wedding was a hot mess and the only reason I'm not gonna drag it for any more filth, is because I happen to like the couple that got married as they have chemistry and don't make me sick every time they're onscreen. But they deserved a better wedding, and the wardrobe department needs to lay off the drugs until further notice. 

Also I think the reason why Mariah and Summer don't get along is because the plot randomly demands it. The Sharon vs. Phyllis 2.0, that no one asked for. I thought they had been mostly okay even after Kyle left Lola for Summer. And with Sally in the picture I thought TIIC had dropped the Summer/Mariah beef entirely. Idk it's confusing because they don't have much to fight over. IMO Mariah can't really pull the card of being upset that Summer is a product of Phick's affair/Nick's grief of Cassie. All that went down before anyone knew she existed, & had Cassie lived, she and Summer would've been raised as (Newman)sisters too.

19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

NuSummer has a very precise way of enunciating her words. Are we absolutely certain she isn't Jack's kid? 😉

I'm actually wheezing🤣🤣 Joi you are so wrong for that😭💀💀

So Victor is considering using Harrysun to get to Ashland? That could be interesting, cos if Harrison is harmed, public hatred from everyone could potentially shift from Ashland to Victor. Kyle seems to want to open the door for Diane but not Ashland, so I wonder how long Ashland will stand for that, especially if he forges a relationship with Diane to his advantage. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Sally’s legs vs Lily’s legs. I vote for Sally.  They both have great legs but Sally’s legs are longer and I like longer legs. 

Didn’t Jill sell off ChanceCom?  I do believe ChanceCom was larger than Hamilton/Winter’s communicating company which was mainly in the music industry. Now, out of the blue, they will be able to compete with Newman Medial who has Locke’s communication companies in their fold?  This once again is TIIC delusions of grandeur.  

Too bad, so sad for Nostrils feeling left out.  Not!!  Even Jill turned her back on Nostrils, as family, when she made Lily CEO instead Nostrils. Nostrils should get sit in the corner and eat some worms because nobody likes him and everybody hates him.  

One of the best things you can say about Sally’s and Adam’s relationship is they prefer clean sheets to moldy couches and grimy floors.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

“Say, that reminds me- how’d you get that kid so quick? Me and Dot want one on account of there’s something wrong with my semen.” All I can think of is Raising Arizona. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

They barely mention Naya’s A-fib but I’m already sick of It. My mom has it. So do millions of people. She needed a pacemaker and is on blood thinners. But she’s fine otherwise. It is NOT a death sentence. At least not if you follow your doctors orders. It’s perfectly okay to worry about your mother, but the histrionics are just too much.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, SweePea59 said:
On 5/23/2022 at 7:01 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

He was also :

1. Coworker of Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation

2. A doctor seen on golf course in The Sopranos

3. Nutty neighbor in Raising Arizona

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

Nate should've known something was dragging Imani's mood down since for once she wasn't leering at him like he was human popsicle and she was up for a long, cool, juicy suck.

So C-W has a deep bench of marketable talent but Newman Media has unparalleled tech. Hmmm. I see a takeover battle in someone's future.

Dear MWTs, y'all need to pull up Merriam-Webster.com and read the definition for "legacy." This crap you have Lily keep talking is giving me agita. Don't make me come over there and smack a few heads. 😡

Nick was rather hyper today. Cute comic relief. But sorry, Nick, your milkshake moves will not bring the New Hope donors to the yard. 🎶

Wonder how wage slave Diane's sniffing around billionaire Ashland will affect Adam and Sally's scheme? Maybe encouraging Victoria's jealousy is the best move.

Lol, Imani was not-so-innocently curious how Elena jumped off one guy's jock and onto his cousin's, made a couple of round trips between them, and now they're all chummy. Elena's past being embarrassed it seems.

Is Lily one snarky egomaniac or what? Meanwhile, I just don't get how Billy's feeling out-of-place in HIS MOTHER'S COMPANY. Jill's last name isn't Chancellor or Winters either. And note how Chance (and his father) couldn't care less about CI/C-W and they do have the key last name. Ugh.

Were those anvils falling today and are the writers finally going have Imani make a serious run at Nate? I've seen a wild spumor about possible cast member departures which may be related. 😐

Noah was listening to Billy's whinecast. Ehhhhh, that doesn't bode well unless Noah's going to seek Billy's help in approaching his niece Allie.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 13

In the pursuit of fairness, since I am quick to criticize Sally’s almost daily hideous and inappropriate clothing, today’s dress was very pretty and if it had only had shoulders would have been office appropriate. So close!

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
(edited)

Oh Devon....what a little bitch you are...you come home and Amanda is all weepy and after she tells you why, you can’t help but ask how come Nate heard about it before you ? 

I agree with Joi.... why is Beely feeling like an outsider in his mother’s company that she still owns 🥴 ...Just go back to your podcast... all alone in a dark room suits you best

Usually I think Lily looks wonderful even though I don’t like the character... but today she looked drab, mousy and her hair was flat as a board

Not usually an Esther fan but yesterday she was very charming...enjoyed her thoroughly !

Also, I didn’t mind Chloe.... even with that five-sizes-too-big jacket she wore... lol

Edited by SiouxB
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, SiouxB said:

Oh Devon....what a little bitch you are...you come home and Amanda is all weepy and after she tells you why, you can’t help but ask how come Nate heard about it before you ? 

I agree with Joi.... why is Beely feeling like an outsider in his mother’s company that she still owns 🥴 ...Just go back to your podcast... all alone in a dark room suits you best

Usually I think Lily looks wonderful even though I don’t like the character... but today she looked drab, mousy and her hair was flat as a board

Not usually an Esther fan but yesterday she was very charming...enjoyed her thoroughly !

Also, I didn’t mind Chloe.... even with that five-sizes-too-big jacket she wore... lol

I want to second every part of your post.

I can't believe Devon made Amanda's news about her mother all about him.  Not a good look, Devon.  Even if you don't care, at least pretend?

I ff'd every itty iffy uggly cringy bit of Nick the Dick with Sharon and Mr. Ed the Talking Horse at Crimson Blight today.  I had a moment the other day of finding his self-aware clowning okay but enough is enough.  If he wants to try and be self-consciously endearing in another 25 years, I'll give him another shot, but not till then.  And ENOUGH with the brownies, something not a single one of you has eaten since you were old enough to find work in coal mines.

I'm wishing that Adam and Sally would stop with the long game to take over Newman and find a way to turn in the entire family - Victor, Nikki, Victoria and any other Newmans silly enough to be standing around - to the Feds, get them locked up and throw away the key.  And then make sure the only entertainment venue they can access in jail is ButtBiscuit's podcast.  

Or is that too mean?

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, SiouxB said:

I thought the same .  Maybe playing mommy to a Billy is finally getting to her.

BTW shouldn't a grown man be using Bill instead of Billy as his name?

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

I thought the same .  Maybe playing mommy to a Billy is finally getting to her.

BTW shouldn't a grown man be using Bill instead of Billy as his name?

Or at least, demand to be called "Mr. ButtBiscuit" to showcase that even fully grown men have the right to be utter asswipes.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1

I have no problem with Billy being called Billy. Just like some men are Vinnie and not Vince. Bobby and not Bob or Rob. It’s what they’ve been called their whole lives, why change it now? I DO have a problem with Billy as a character, and wouldn’t mind if he just disappeared. He’s welcome to take the rest of HW/CI with him, and that includes Amanda and Imani. I’ve had it with the whole lot of them.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Two things:

1. In today's round of " Ashland lied about having cancer, he's the worst person alive (yawn)",

Victor growled at Ashland, " You lied about having cancer! Who does that!!" And all of a sudden , I remembered (and forgive me if this has already been discussed); Didn't Nikki do exactly this? Maybe not cancer, but some potentially fatal illness. I think Victor had left her yet again for some other woman, and this was Nikki's way of trying to keep him by her side.

I'm not imagining this, am I?

2. WTH is wrong with Phyllis? Diane's return has sent her completely off the rails, and that's saying a lot where she's concerned! I wasn't watching during the Diane years, but jeez, everyone's overreactions (given that NO ONE in this town has room to throw stones) has me actually rooting for Diane! I think that's what has me sort of on Ashland's side too, in a way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
36 minutes ago, TVForever said:

Victor growled at Ashland, " You lied about having cancer! Who does that!!" And all of a sudden , I remembered (and forgive me if this has already been discussed); Didn't Nikki do exactly this? Maybe not cancer, but some potentially fatal illness. I think Victor had left her yet again for some other woman, and this was Nikki's way of trying to keep him by her side.

The other woman was Diane Jenkins. He divorced Diane to remarry Nikki for the umpteenth time. Nikki was wearing make-up that made her look sickly and was in a hospital bed. They used to not state what the fatal illnesses were, which I think is a responsible approach.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I DO have a problem with Billy as a character, and wouldn’t mind if he just disappeared. He’s welcome to take the rest of HW/CI with him, and that includes Amanda and Imani. I’ve had it with the whole lot of them.  

NotSureIfSeriousr.jpg.b630754d15e63e8a3d7ab12400a8d6cb.jpg

In addition to the total loss of Y&R's Latino/Hispanic characters, next all the Black characters have to go too? Oh, I'm extremely confident TPTB/CBS don't want the firestorm they know that move would create.

I agree that Billy can hit the road though. Let Noah take over the role of the self-entitled, whiny scion of an elite family, who feels put upon just by having to act like a decent human being.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Phyllis sharing her obsession about Diane to Summer today reeked  of desperation and insecurity and a repeated storyline. Auntie Jack having his inevitable hook up with Phyllis, then making it sound like suddenly they are almost remarried, is equally idiotic. Why is anyone even giving the Doughboy another second of their time, when he has wasted so much of it already? Why does Victor bother making threats? IMO the whole Newman family should have forced the Doughboy to jump off the top of Newman Towers, and then told everybody he suicided because of his cancer. LOL. Instead, they have put this "great love/great grift" storyline on life support, and it makes absolutely no sense, in addition to being tedious. As for Nikki and Victor blustering around, telling people to "leave town". nope...sorry, that storyline went out with silent movies. Only thing else I got today was it seems the MWT & TPTB may be reading this forum, because they have re-animated and hyped up the characters. Now some new storylines with well-developed arcs and conclusions would be greatly welcomed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7