Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

Was Noah wearing mascara and rouge? No problem if he was, I just don't get what look he was going for.

NuSummer kind of looks like the young Christine Blair to me.

Diane is nucking futz. Full stop. Why was she stalking Kyle at the wedding? At this rate he'll have to take out restraining order on her.

Summer's right, the Abbott manse is indeed haunted. Allie will be seeing GhostJohn or GhostDina if she stays there long enough. Of course, she might not have any clue who they are, hah hah.

Yeah, no. Summer's at least two sizes bigger than Allie. Whatever clothes she lends to Allie will have to be taken in and shortened a few inches by a professional seamstress.

Even though I thought her dress was wrong, Sharon did look radiant. They lit her well for her scenes, plus it appeared SC had gotten some sun.

Oh, Abby's dress was short. Oy. Chloe dress wasn't half bad, though it looked to me like the top part was trying to escape. Nice color for her, and it matched well with Kevin's jacket. But what's with all the boa feathers?

I was surprised TPTB had a character make the pointed comment that a few years ago this marriage would not have been legal. Patting yourself on the back much, CBS? I think Y&R must be one of the last soaps to have a same-sex wedding, and I doubt B&B will ever have one. No kudos for you, Tiffany Network. 😒

What were these people dancing to? Have of them were painfully off-beat. (Maybe the music was added to the video after the scenes had been taped.)

Okay, I think Noah was doing some kind of upper crust British New Wave thing, sans a skinny tie. Meanwhile, I'm not sure about Chance's look. Secret agent man?

Great jewel tone color of Summer's entire ensemble. 🏆 Not so much '70s glam though. I'll excuse Allie since she was in borrowed togs. Grandpa Jack as a generic Bond villain or an aging Ken doll?

Couldn't figure out Amanda either. Donna Summer? The hair was too tame for Diana Ross.

I'm wondering how Phyllis thought she had crazypants Diane under control. Diane has already proven unfazed by death stares or receiving a stern talking to.

Excellent toast by Kevin to the newlyweds. Golf claps for the MWT who wrote it.

Get on down with your bad self, Chance. What a riot. Too bad they didn't do a Soul Train line so he could really show off his boss moves.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 6
  • Love 16
(edited)

Yeah, I was expecting Rebel Rebel too but I imagine the rights were too expensive. Bowie's music catalog was sold to a big CBS/Paramount competitor earlier this year and the new owner probably wasn't feeling sentimental. It truly would've been perfect though..

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

I’m surprised Diane didn’t turn to stone when Rodan the Yenta glared at her. 

That was the best part. The way Diane Jenkins jumped at that intense full-body glare made it all the more glarry! I almost jumped, too.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Get on down with your bad self, Chance. What a riot. Too bad they didn't do a Soul Train line so he could really show off his boss moves.

That would have been so fun.

31 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I found myself really enjoying NuSummer and not liking Mariah. I don’t think Summer deserved that hatred. 

I thought they had kind of come to terms with each other. I was surprised to see them backtracking.

• Love 16
(edited)

Can we talk about the butt ugly flowers now? The gladiolas must have been left over from Rays funeral. And the bridal bouquets with the red plasticy  prehistoric flowers were atrocious. 

Mariah is too white to wear white. You couldn't tell the difference between her skin and the gown.  Those were the plainest ugliest gowns. I have seen simple plain towns that were sophisticated. These were not.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19
46 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I found myself really enjoying NuSummer and not liking Mariah. I don’t think Summer deserved that hatred. 

I’ve never been a Summer fan but agree. Why wouldn’t Mariah be gracious on her wedding day? Didn’t Kyle officiate because of Summer?   Mariah looked like a jerk.

• Love 19
(edited)

Was anybody else getting “it’s not nice to fool Mother Nature” vibes from Mariah with those flowers on her head ? 🌻

Also Tessa... you couldn’t cut a few inches off your hair ? You look like a drowned rat

Yesterday I thought Phyllis’s dress was hideous and today it was even worse because I got a look at her boobs and oh my God no words...I hate netting on a dress and that was so ugly and honestly Michelle Stafford usually looks fabulous in clothing but this was a terrible mess ...

And I agree with everybody on how Mariah was less than gracious and she took the vitriol a little too far with Summer who I actually enjoyed for the first time in a long time

I thought Sharon Case was the best dressed but she is supposed to be in mourning and they should have put her in a different color but she really did look nice

Allie should’ve stayed in LA because I am not feeling her in Genoa city.... but it’s still early...let’s see 

Edited by SiouxB
  • Love 14
(edited)

New Summer looks more like Sharon's daughter than Phyllis'.  I thought the same about the other Summer, but it's even more striking with this one.  At any rate, so far this seems like an improvement.  I took Mariah's jabs to be in jest, sort of like that's their bit.  Neither Summer nor Kyle seemed offended, so they're in on the joke.

Oh Chloe, you may want to stop dozing off during the evening news.  Unfortunately, there are people who will question the validity of this wedding, and five of them have the power to turn back the clock.  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 11
(edited)
10 hours ago, TVForever said:

I thought Faith’s boots were cute.

10 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

I did too, but I wished they were platforms. I didn't see anyone in platforms.

So I was reading the posts on my Kindle and the typeface was small and my eyesight sorta sucks so I read "Faiths boots were cute" but I read "boots" as another thing that is spelled VERY close to "boots" and then I read the post that said "wished they were platforms" and found my understanding of human anatomy totally derailed for a second because of the word I misread as "boots".

Kids, do not attempt this at home.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 23
  • Love 1

Kids, do not attempt this at home.

Aw, don't be so hard on yourself. Pretty sure what you were trying not to imagine is called a BBL (link to magazine article with images possibly NSFW). It's a procedure definitely not appropriate to get done at home, or in some random person's apartment or garage. Laws in different states vary but a licensed, board-certified cosmetic surgeon is probably safest. TikTok has primarily been blamed/credited for its current popularity. I'd add hip-hop videos and the K Klan.

Mariah and Tessa look like cult maidens who just got married to the cult leader.

Lol, no lies detected. Their whole look screams "suburban earth maiden" to me, which would be okay I guess if they both were like ten years younger.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Aw, don't be so hard on yourself. Pretty sure what you were trying not to imagine is called a BBL (link to magazine article with images possibly NSFW). It's a procedure definitely not appropriate to get done at home, or in some random person's apartment or garage. Laws in different states vary but a licensed, board-certified cosmetic surgeon is probably safest. TikTok has primarily been blamed/credited for its current popularity. I'd add hip-hop videos and the K Klan.

Joimiaroxeu, I clicked on BBL link and my eyes have been opened.

I don't think they'll ever close again......

• LOL 10
(edited)

Sharon probably made the best choice not to dance. 😏

A toast to Friday the 13th on Wednesday the 18th. I see you, MWTs, trying to be cute. Sigh, why did this wedding need to have so many gimmicks?

Poor Allie looked so lost and out-of-place. Seemed as if the only point of her being at the wedding was to have a scene with Noah. Felt kind of forced to me.

Phyllis and Jack arguing over who should be the one to toss Diane out of the reception. Seriously? What kind of weasel are you, Jack? Handle your business and stop deferring to Phyllis.

An all-expense-paid honeymoon in Paris. Okay, that's a great wedding present. Hope Mariah's passport is current.

I liked NuSummer's sisterly vibe Noah.

Wait, what? Moses said he and Faith are going to the same college. Does that mean he's heading to Michigan too or is she settling for GCU?

The bouquet toss was all kinds of cringe to me. Which thirsty succubus is Jack going to be marrying next, Phyllis or Diane? <shudder>

Listen to Summer, Kyle. Your undead mommy dearest can't be trusted and she's already pulling you into her clutches.

Odds are Diane will show up at the Abbott manse begging Kyle for a place to stay. Phyllis will lose her mind...again. 🙄

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

Did I miss a few things along the way?Chrystal made a speech?  Wasn’t Summer also around 8 years old the last time Summer even saw Diane. So Summer’s opinion could only be hearsay from mostly Rodan the Yenta. If Diane talking to Summer was to piss Rodan the Yenta off, than I’m glad Diane crashed the wedding. 

Chelsea got praised for incorporating Mariah’s and Tessa’s ideas into their wedding dresses?  I don’t thing so. The dresses were too too traditional for their personalities and basically had nothing to do with the 70’s theme. As I said before, white peasant greases and a daisy head pease would have been more their style. 

Summer is so different I hardly recognize her. Not only her looks but her outlook on life. Is this a kinder gentler more mature Summer who is no longer selfish and the world doesn’t revolve around her. I guess we will find out when Summer runs into Sally.  But maybe we have already found out that Summer might not have changed if Rodan the Petty gets her way.  I may have to eat me own words because it’s highly most likely that Summer’s outlook on life still sucks. Summer, the way Diane looked at your mother with anger and jealousy. I didn’t notice that at all. No Summer, it was your mother that look at Diane with anger and jealousy.  But in Summer’s eyes, Rodan the Yenta is just a kind gentle forgiving mother. 

Rodan the Yenta once again has to overstep her bounds and tell Diane she’s not welcome and to leave. If it wasn’t for being Kyle’s mother-in-law and Jack’s plus one, Rodan the Yenta would be unwelcome. 

What, only a trip to Paris as a wedding present from Sharon and Banana Breath?  Why not an condo on the Seine?  Oh, I forgot, no way can Mariah’s and Tessa’s wedding can even come close to Olive’s wedding. 

Noah in trying to match wits with Allie is like a mouse trying to out wit a hungry lioness from having him for breakfast. 

You can tell Jack had to be drinking because he tells Rodan the Yenta was just being herself but he happens to like her. Jack has forgotten that Rodan has been  far more of a evil witch than Diane.  By the way Rodan, you act like the Grand Albatross is the only hotel in GC.  Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe Rodan was all that fond of Kyle when he was growing up.  Rodan has never met a pot of 💩 she couldn’t stir.  

I don’t mean to be a dirty old man but that episode ending kiss between Mariah and Tessa was 🔥🔥🔥. The intensity meter hit 12. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, boes said:

Joimiaroxeu, I clicked on BBL link and my eyes have been opened.

I don't think they'll ever close again......

Mine, too: the article about gave me hives.

Poor Jack - Phyllis is leading  him around by his perennial necktie. Sadly, he has become this show’s version of Brooke on B & B. I say let’s do something unexpected and put him back with Sharon. They are heading towards being the same person at this point anyway. She is too-good-to-be-true saint (even her voice has changed - always dripping with honey and sweetness) ; he is unlucky-in-love romantic who needs the love (and faithfulness) of a true-blue, sworn enemy of Phyllis. I would actually look forward to watching this. Ashland deserves Phyllis (a cartoon character at this point) and Victoria’s head would explode. Win Win.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Listen to Summer, Kyle. Your undead mommy dearest can't be trusted and she's already pulling you into her clutches.

Odds are Diane will show up at the Abbott manse begging Kyle for a place to stay. Phyllis will lose her mind...again. 🙄

It sure looks that way, doesn't it?  Until Diane decided to crash the wedding so she could, supposedly, watch Kyle officiate, I wasn't completely sure Diane was faking her redemption, at least not completely.  I was pretty sure that eventually Phyllis would have to be proven right (because that seems to be carved in stone in GC) but I thought that maybe, just maybe, Diane would/could integrate into GC life as a gray character.  Not any more.  Crashing the wedding was Psycho 1.1 in a town where most everyone already has their Masters in the subject.

Now, apparently Phyllis Jr. also thinks  Diane is bad news so I guess it's gospel.

So far I'm very much liking the Summer recast.  I liked this actress when she was on Red Oaks, and IMO she's made a pretty seamless transition into her new character.  

I'm liking Allie a lot already and Crystal, too, seems to be a nice addition.  Does anyone know if Crystal is hanging around, because if she is, GC is running at least one available male short.

I had a glimpse of the old Sharon I liked today, for a moment anyway, when she and Nick were back at the cottage.  SC and JM, IMO, have an innate ease in their scenes together.  

I'd love it Show still had the budget for Diane to take her business to the Athletic Club and take up residence there, but instead, I'm foreseeing a new occupant of the Abbott Pool House.   If it burns down again, then the nickname "Red" should lead the cops directly to the firebug.  Though that didn't turn out exactly as planned the first time........

Between Phyllis and Diane, Jack would have better romantic prospects with Daenerys Targaryen or Melisandre.  Off with EVERYONE'S head!

As to Phyllis as the grand chatelaine of the Gloppy Proboscis, you gotta wonder how many return guests she really has if she's tossing them out on their ear right and left, as she said today.  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11
On 5/16/2022 at 1:33 PM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

It was a 70’s theme.  I don’t remember clothes like this when I was an adult in that decade but do remember blue eyeshadow!

me either! All those feather capelets, nope. The show should have watched Saturday Night Fever & The Turning Point for some 70's fashion ideas. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Mariah and Tessa look like cult maidens who just got married to the cult leader.

Maybe this was a reference to Mariah's first wedding to Ian Ward in the storage unit 😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
(edited)

I mean, Tessa and Mariah's dresses made me think they should be frolicking outside a Bronze Age temple to the tune of Dionysian flutes....but I think it worked.

Sharon, you didn't just have some cake.  Stop it.  

All right, despite his many other missteps, Jack handled the bouquet situation like a champ, well played.

Nick/Sharon: "No Faith, we don't need you to go, you'd be abandoning your date"

Faith:  "Are you sure, I actually totally want to ditch my date, as I'm sitting right in front of him" 🤣

Fun episode.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

Why is Diane always wearing black?  Is she trying to be the adult version of Wednesday Addams?  And I don’t get why Jack is enabling Diane by not going after her for crashing the wedding.  He should have walked right over and grabbed her arm and threw her out.  But all this poo/pooing just emboldens her. 

Can someone refresh my memory as to why Mariah and Summer hate each other. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Why is Diane always wearing black?  Is she trying to be the adult version of Wednesday Addams?  And I don’t get why Jack is enabling Diane by not going after her for crashing the wedding.  He should have walked right over and grabbed her arm and threw her out.  But all this poo/pooing just emboldens her. 

Mariah thinks Summer is a spoiled little snowflake. I think this recast will be much better.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Mariah thinks Summer is a spoiled little snowflake. I think this recast will be much better.

Mariah probably also knows Summer owes her existence to the death of Mariah's sister Cassie. If Nick hadn't been unable to deal with his grief he likely wouldn't have had an affair with Phyllis and conceived Summer. Summer is like a constant bad reminder.

Yes, I agree that NuSummer will be much better than her predecessor.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I loved Michael telling off Phyllis. Who does she think she is? Keep your damn nose out of every one else’s business. I really cannot stand to see her nasty face on my TV anymore. I’m sure she loves playing this awful woman but MS needs to dial the snotty back about 100 degrees.

• Love 22
14 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I loved Michael telling off Phyllis. Who does she think she is? Keep your damn nose out of every one else’s business. I really cannot stand to see her nasty face on my TV anymore. I’m sure she loves playing this awful woman but MS needs to dial the snotty back about 100 degrees.

He brought a big ol' truth sandwich to Diane as well.

• Love 16

TIIC seem of having a habit of opening an episode with the sublime, Mariah and Tessa, than go right into 🤢🤮 of Rodan. Is Jack that desperate to have to bed Rodan?  WTF, do you have to go where your brother has been before.  If it’s a choice between Diane and Rodan, I would take Diane everyday of the week.  I find Diane very attractive while Rodan is, well, not so attractive. 

Summer what happened to supporting Kyle on his decision?  Summer, in supporting Kyle, would piss off Rodan and Summer is a actually afraid of her mother. Summer, your home like a hot second and you have already made a judgement that Diane is not sincere. Hey Summer, the only thing your mother is sincere about is passing judgement and causing chaos.  Rodan thinks she is the Queen of GC and can banish whoever she wants. No Rodan, your the one who should be banished from my TV screen. 

Why does Rodan only have a room a regular room at that?  Why doesn’t the Grand Albatross have a Penthouse Suite?  A five star or even a four star hotel has a Penthouse Suite.  

And now we have the other shoe dropping as to why Summer is in GC. She wants Jabot to buy Marchetti and move the operations to GC. Now all of a sudden Jabot is big enough to buy Marchetti when they weren’t big enough to buy Mergeron. Yes Summer take headquarters out of a major fashion city, Paris, and move it to a basically unknown city, for fashion, GC.  Actually, by being based in GC, Summer would be working remotely while management and the designers would be working hands on. 

By next week Mariah’ and Tessa’s airtime will be sharply curtailed and it will be Rodan Rodan Rodan all day every day. What makes TIIC think we are interested in Rodan confrontations.  I’m sure Rodan will be giving Lauren an earful about Michael’s interaction with Diane in which Rodan will be expanding on the truth. That is the truth according to Rodan. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

FASHION ALERT

The brides were beautiful but my retinas were burned, by all the sparkles, especially with Phyllis;s  dress.

It wasn't a dress, it was a crime.

Looked like the show grabbed any old leftover wardrobe they could find whether it was 70's or not .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, xls said:

Looked like the show grabbed any old leftover wardrobe they could find whether it was 70's or not .

I  go married {for the first time in the late 70s and wore a peasant dress and flowers in my hair and the marriage ended before the flowers wilted.  

eta the vibe was more 20s than 70s...just saying.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 8
(edited)

Not sure why Mariah and Tessa had to spend their first scene recapping the wedding. Do TPTB think the viewers forgot already or was that for the benefit of people who just started watching Y&R today?

Diane should've restrained herself with Phyllis because what she probably did was provoke Red into doing a full-court press on Jack. Not a smart move, Di.

Lol at Michael describing the Society seafood as "to die for." Not for the newly undead it's not. 🥴

Well, at least Noah didn't decide to hit it and quit it with Crystal after the wedding. But Allie happened to show up at Crimson Lights when it was supposed to be closed, after Noah had let himself in? Oh come on, MWTs. Do better.

AYFKMWTS, Phyllis. You and Jack finally hit the sheets again after how long, and you wanted to leave to go to Society? I bet Society delivers, or you could've sent one of your staff to pick up your order. Geez, afterglow fail.

Kyle and Jack both might want to look into a family discount on tanning services. Just sayin'. 😏

Michael propping Diane. I don't hate it. Like he said, neither of them can live in glass houses at this point so he can lend her a friendly and sympathetic ear. Diane, do take his counsel, both legally and otherwise.

Those looked like wee tiny little tiramisu cakes Diane and Michael had on their table. Yum. Me want. 😋

Something tells me Phyllis does not have the only hotel in GC. She stays being overconfident of her influence on Diane. Or delusional.

Well, Miss Allie, nobody insisted you drop in on the Abbotts  so don't be complaining about their overwhelming you. Maybe you need to get back to finishing your graduate studies instead of trying to act like a square peg in a round whole.

Looks like Kyle found some time to hit the gym. Okay then. 👀

When Diane first started talking to Jack in the Ghoul Pallet's lobby, the closed captioning said "Taylor" and I wondered why she was doing a crossover from B&B. Oops, wrong Taylor. And then mid-conversation the CC switched to "Diane." Huh? Is anyone still calling her by her fake name at this point?

Jabot is big enough to buy a major Milan fashion house. Hmmm. Whatever, seems to me Fenmores or Forrester would want to bid on it too if there's going to be a Marquetti fire sale. And oh boy, wait until Sally finds out. She might talk Adam into undermining Summer's play.

Jack, you're kinda long in the tooth to be getting embarrassed about doing a public walk of shame. Diane sure knows how to press both your and Phyllis' buttons. Buckle up, buttercup.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17

Jabot is big enough to buy a major Milan fashion house. Hmmm. Whatever, seems to me Fenmores or Forrester would want to bid on it too if there's going to be a Marquetti fire sale. And oh boy, wait until Sally finds out. She might talk Adam into undermining Summer's play.

GC is the center of the universe, a big, swaggering city that will take the fashion world by storm with Marquetti yet it only has one hotel. Sure Jan. TIIC are killing me.

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I found that whole thing of who (Phyllis/Jack) would ask the wedding crasher Diane to leave the wedding off-putting. It was really  neither of their business to do so. They were guests, not the hosts. Their relationship always seems based on exposing (Tara, Diane), criticizing (Nick) or Phyllis trying to be a post modern version of Miss Marple hanging out with Auntie Jack. They present as two very poorly developed characters.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

GC is the center of the universe, a big, swaggering city that will take the fashion world by storm with Marquetti yet it only has one hotel. Sure Jan. TIIC are killing me.

Well, Butter my bunions and call me a ButtBiscuit, but remember when Genoa City - it's named after a Uropeen city, dontcha know? - had a crackerjack gossip show called GC Buzz that focused on the doings of Wisconsin's only non-cheese focused town, population eleventy-hundred and change, yet the WHOLE WORLD couldn't get enough of it?  Why, these days, Amber Heard and Johnny Depp would have relocated to GC just for the good lawyering and cheddar chips!  Because who in the celebrity - or now, the fashion world, doesn't yearn to match their outfit to this years newest Gouda or have a runway show on a stage built from string cheese?  Will Marchetti have an outlet store at the Monroe Emporium, next to the John Deere dealership?

If only Hillary were still around so she could break the news to a breathless world on her public access tv show!

Wonders, they truly will never cease.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I heartily approve of Diane making Phyllis angry and miserable since I can't stand Phyllis.  More, please.

Yep!  And it's not even a contest as to which one looks more consistently crazy, either.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11

Harebrained Jabot scheme aside, NuSummer won me over today.  She has a kindness about her that they were clearly trying to push with HK's Summer, but I could never buy it.  

The Noah/Allie scene was just awkward as hell at first, but Noah recovered a bit IMO.  Still, how weird with her sitting there with her coffee while he browses on his iPad with...the shop closed.

The bar was pretty low already, but Diane makes this show a lot more fun. 

• Love 14

What is wrong with MS? Why is she still on the show? Why did they get rid of a good actress to rehire this overacting, freakish monster? Whoever is directing should grow a pair and tell her to not play the scene like she’s Mad Dog Tannen. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Runningwild said:

What is wrong with MS? Why is she still on the show? Why did they get rid of a good actress to rehire this overacting, freakish monster? Whoever is directing should grow a pair and tell her to not play the scene like she’s Mad Dog Tannen. 

I've been thinking this for a long time. GT is the only Phyllis I knew and I cannot understand the need to get this Phyllis back. I see no chemistry with PB. She ruins every scene she is in with everybody on this show. Does not make sense to me.

• Love 15

I really enjoyed the Esther flashbacks, as all that happened before I began watching.  Hopefully her taste in men has improved.  Also, EH/Chloe should go back to wearing more eye makeup.

Victoria looked really pretty today.

I'm also liking the new Summer and am so, so happy that HHK was too busy to come back! 

The scenes between Allie and Ashley were good, too.  Having Allie work at whatever company Ashley's owns now could be interesting.

So if Kyle is Harrison's biological father, is Ashland only in his life for the sake of the boy?  I don't get it. 

Robert Newman looks so much better in casual clothes.  Dude is just not a suit guy.

• Love 15

Ashland must only be in Harrison’s life now for Harrison’s sake only as far as I can see.  

Interesting they are giving Esther some scenes and sounds like a man is on his way too!  Wonder what evil he will be up to?!  

Phyllis only wants Jack because Diane does.  Amanda nailed that.  

So nice to not have Lily and Devon on.

• Love 17

I thought Ashley looked fab in her beach waves and skinny jeans.

Meanwhile, IMO Ashland did not look fab in his dad jeans and I don't know why Victoria was checking out his pancake hiney as he left Society. Those two should start a support group for people who are derriere-challenged. 😼

Well if Jabot does take over Marchetti won't Jack have to know about it beforehand? To my knowledge he hasn't retired yet as co-CEO.

Lol, Phyllis thought Ashley was coming at her for sleeping with Jack instead for giving Diane safe harbor. Wait until Ashley finds out Jack is hooking up with Phyllis again. Whee!

Esther wants to start dating again. Like she hasn't been unlucky in love enough. Wonder if they're giving her a catfishing storyline?

Pssht, Ashley and Phyllis are joining forces to kick Diane out of town. Good luck with that, ladies. As yet, Diane has proven impervious to all threats and insults. She's got deflection superpowers.

Summer, you are one of the last people to be shading someone for engaging in emotional manipulation. Remember that sliver of your liver you gave away and why you did it? Shut up. 😑

How old is Phyllis, 12? Bragging to Amanda about sleeping with Jack. It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Jack probably had blow the cobwebs and tumbleweeds out of her cooch. ☠

She's staying in GC "a couple more days." Doesn't Allie have to write a thesis to complete her grad school program? I suppose she could do it remotely but ehhhh. Sounds like Noah made a bigger impression last night at the coffeehouse than she let on. I just don't want her to neglect her education for some guy, even Noah.

Hmmm, what else could Diane want from Kyle? Bone marrow? A kidney? I think Summer's right to be suspicious of her not-dead-yet MIL but being vague doesn't help.

Poor Harrison, to have a lying creep like Ashland for a father figure. Meanwhile, where is his mother and why does no one mention Tara having any kind of contact?

Heh, I see you Allie, trying to act nonchalant about meeting Noah. Hmm, when was the last time Noah set foot in the Abbott house? Probably not since he was child and his mommy was married to Jack.

Oh FFS, look at Victoria lurking in the park behind Ashland. One would think she'd have important NE CEO things to do before following her ex around town.

Ashley has certainly mellowed on Allie. It'll be interesting to see how that holds up when Allie starts working in the Jabot lab and making changes to the cosmetics formulas. Because for sure that's gonna happen.

OMG, they actually recreated a palazzo scene to use RN in place of RB. Whhhyyy? Who asked for that? Bueller? Bueller? 🤬🤬🤬

Re the previews: aw sookie sookie now! Diane & Ashland finally meet. Here comes the pain.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Once again I must of fell asleep during previous episodes but did Kyle actually say that Harrison misses his father?  Since when?  Isn’t Kyle Harrison’s father. In this case Ashland is only his dad.  The father is the sire who shares DNA with the child. Devon is Bowie’s father and Chance 2.0 is Bowie’s dad. I might be old school but that’s my interpretation of a father and a dad. 

What’s wrong with Ashland leaving food on his plate?  Doesn’t he know the kids in Europe are starving?  

Ashley says Jack has a bad habit of forgiving woman he shouldn’t. Was that also a dig at Rodan?  I sure hope so. Ashley also believes that the Grand Albatross is the only hotel in GC. Going by the room numbers, the Grand Albatross is only 5 floors high. Kind of small for a major city business center.  Well well well, now Ashley and Rodan are simpatico over protecting Jack, Kyle, and Summer. My only question is who is going to protect us from Rodan. 

I can see where Chloe is coming from with Esther. My kids do the same thing to me. I don’t get out enough and I watch too much news and soap operas. They forget I take two major road trips a year (this year it probably be only one) and until the pandemic, one cruise a year. I do talk to my dogs quite a bit because we can have very meaningful intelligence conversations.  Esther’s bad taste in men are legendary 😳. There are quite a few women, in GC, that out legend Esther. 

Yes Amanda Rodan has done the nasty with Jack and it was wonderful. Was it as wonderful as Nostrils, Danny, or Banana Breath?  Or as wonderful as having dumpster sex?  All and all, I believe Rodan has the greatest sexual pleasure by causing confrontations, mayhem, and doing nefarious deeds.  What bothers me the most is how Rodan is held harmless and they are just about to erect a statue, in Chancellor Park, to the upstanding GC citizen, Rodan.  Summer saw nothing in Diane’s eye (I went back to the video tape). It was all Rodan’s vitriol but I guess Summer didn’t look at her mother. 

Amanda is 100% correct. I don’t care what Rodan says, it was Diane that drew Rodan and Jack closer. 

Ashley is a chemist and Allie is a chemical engineer. Those two things are not the same. A chemist will make cosmetics, perfumes, etc where a chemical engineer is a designer of chemical plants and design systems to improve production. Although the chemical engineer has knowledge of chemistry, their role is above and beyond that of a chemist. 

Noah and Allie, please say it isn’t so.  Noah acts like a brooding artist and Allie needs someone who’s alive and full of fun to complement her quiet demeanor. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Esther wants to start dating again. Like she hasn't been unlucky in love enough. Wonder if they're giving her a catfishing storyline?

I'll be happy to have an Esther storyline. There's usually a little humor with her. And I like both Chloe and Kevin and would like to see a story with them that doesn't include Gaspy McGasperson.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

I'll be happy to have an Esther storyline. There's usually a little humor with her. And I like both Chloe and Kevin and would like to see a story with them that doesn't include Gaspy McGasperson.

Agreed.

• Love 13