Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Victoria's outfit today was either "saint about to be immolated"  or a tryout for Taken 4 movie sequel, with her as the kidnap victim dressed for her introduction to the harem. This whole storyline of her bolting with the Doughboy could bring us some relief. Maybe this will instigate the Doughboy's murder,/disappearance. Maybe they are both exiting the show at large, to which I say, "Godspeed, and take your stupid storyline with you.'

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

A lot of the stuff in the quest for the core Newmans outside of Victoria to keep her away from Ashland is starting to remind me even more of when Nick tried to "be his own man" as mentioned previously in this thread. Victoria is spouting a lot of the same talking points like feeling smothered, Victor's use of his power to control the situation and all the usual Newman kid stuff. I just started watching again recently and would welcome a break from Victoria and Ashland both. I've really tried over the years to warm up to Amelia as Victoria since she started and finally got to the point where I just tolerate her in the role since it's obvious that it's her's as long as she wants it. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, rcc said:

Very ugly dress on Summer today.

2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I swear that the wardrobe people on this show take some serious drugs. What in the hell is Summer wearing to BREAKFAST??!!

Well, that didn’t take long. I see the new Summer has been initiated into the Strange and Glittery Day Dress Club.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 16
24 minutes ago, TVForever said:

Well, that didn’t take long. I see the new Summer has been initiated into the Strange and Glittery Day Dress Club.

Why, I don't know what you mean, I really don't.

This is what everyone wears when dropping in to the Monroe String Cheese and Snickerdoodle Shoppe in southern Wisconsin. 

giphy.gif

It's just normal Midwestern day wear.

Now when you cross over into Iowa, all bets are off.  Those folks are CRAZY!

• LOL 24
(edited)
16 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I forgot all about him and don't even remember what happened to him.  Did they kill him off or send him to an asylum or ???

Ronan moved to Washington DC to work for either the FBI or Homeland Security. I think Cricket works with him sometimes. He also was granted guardianship of Jamie Vernon, who you may recall was treated so badly by Summer and Fenn that he attempted suicide a couple of times. So Jamie went with Ronan. Ronan was the investigator on the Diane Jenkins murder.

Speaking of Diane Jenkins, did she actually say to Asshat today over coffee that she was having a fresh start in GC? She came back to town and startled the shit out of everyone by being alive and now that everyone knows she faked her own death they hate her even more than before she left. So WTF is she talking about? Which friggin MWT wrote that monkeycrap line?

monkeys-typing.jpg.78b0506567374a454d1b19d6cfabc09f.jpg

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I swear that the wardrobe people on this show take some serious drugs. What in the hell is Summer wearing to BREAKFAST??!!

Her long, glittery peek-a-boob dress. Very odd. Especially during the conversation with her father-in-law.  She must get her fashion sense from mom Phyllis.

Edited by deirdra
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11

The reunion secksay times between Victoria and her husband must not have been amazing if he was fully dressed and walking around while she was still in bed in her robe. The afterglow = pathetic.

Yeah, not sure what to make of Summer's dress. I think it's an off color and fabric for the current season, and frankly the whole bodycon and random bare skin look is her mother's thing. Weird.

But well, well, well, lookie here now. Diane was wearing non-black clothing for a change. Was it in honor of Phyllis' absence? She had a matching bag too. 🥳

Jeebus cripes, Victoria has lost her mind. She's only spent most of her adult life working to become the heir to daddy's throne. Now she's going to walk away from NE to run off with Not-So-Slim Shady? Yeesh, please tell me she's running a long con to honeytrap Ashland.

Summer and Kyle shouldn't be running their mouths about this Marchetti deal. What if Diane mentions it to Ashland? Then he's got a reason to undermine Jabot in exchange for ending the restraining order.

Oh Victor, apparently you don't know Victoria at all. So bluster, such lame.

Jack is clueless about Billy's whinecast. Lucky him. He's sure got a clear read on Allie's budding crush, however. Allie couldn't wait to get over to the coffeehouse so she could run into Noah. Tee!

Victoria's janky sleeves tho. 🙀

Whee, Adam's face when Vikki announced she was leaving. Put him in, coach! He's ready to play!

Next up, Victor probably has Victoria arrested on baloney charges to keep her from leaving town. Or he gets Ashland snatched and put on a slow boat to...parts unknown.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

Next up, Victor probably has Victoria arrested on baloney charges to keep her from leaving town. Or he gets Ashland snatched and put on a slow boat to...parts unknown.

I wonder which body part he'll have sliced off of the old Doughboy?

• LOL 12
43 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The reunion secksay times between Victoria and her husband must not have been amazing if he was fully dressed and walking around while she was still in bed in her robe. The afterglow = pathetic.

Yeah, not sure what to make of Summer's dress. I think it's an off color and fabric for the current season, and frankly the whole bodycon and random bare skin look is her mother's thing. Weird.

But well, well, well, lookie here now. Diane was wearing non-black clothing for a change. Was it in honor of Phyllis' absence? She had a matching bag too. 🥳

Jeebus cripes, Victoria has lost her mind. She's only spent most of her adult life working to become the heir to daddy's throne. Now she's going to walk away from NE to run off with Not-So-Slim Shady? Yeesh, please tell me she's running a long con to honeytrap Ashland.

Summer and Kyle shouldn't be running their mouths about this Marchetti deal. What if Diane mentions it to Ashland? Then he's got a reason to undermine Jabot in exchange for ending the restraining order.

Jack is clueless about Billy's whinecast. Lucky him. He's sure got a clear read on Allie's budding crush, however. Allie couldn't wait to get over to the coffeehouse so she could run into Noah. Tee!

Whee, Adam's face when Vikki announced she was leaving. Put him in, coach! He's ready to play!

When Victoria woke up, she thanked Ashland for agreeing to take it slow. Then they showed the sofa with a sheet, blanket and pillow on it. They didn’t have sex.

• Like 1
  • Useful 13
  • Love 2

summer’s dress wasn’t bad unto itself, but it was all kinds of wrong for her body type. When I saw the dress, I thought  we’re going out for the evening. Then  Diane showed up and said ‘good morning’ and my eyes about popped out of my head!

victoria’s outfit was actually pretty. I’m not normally a fan of cold shoulder or sleeves that aren’t really sleeves, but I liked it. Or maybe it was just a relief to see her not look like Ruth Buzzy 🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

When Victoria woke up, she thanked Ashland for agreeing to take it slow. Then they showed the sofa with a sheet, blanket and pillow on it. They didn’t have sex.

Whoosh, that shot of the sofa went right by me. Thanks for the clarification.

But why was Victoria in a robe? If they weren't doing anything then I don't know why she'd need to take off her clothes. 🤔

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Why is Nikki dressed like the Energizer Bunny?  Is TIIC so over budget that they need additional funds from product placement. 

Is that dress new Summer’s version of showing cleavage?  If that’s the case, Summer is definitely outgunned by Lauren and her mother.  

Rodan the Unhinged is a doting grandmother and loves to spoil them?  WTF?  When was the last time Rodan the Unhinged even talked about Lucy and gave Harrison a present?  

Olive Olive Olive, it’s impossible for you to believe that Poppin Fresh is not in love with you. After all, Olive thinks she’s the complete package of beauty and brains. 

Olive, you just put the nail in Poppin Fresh’s coffin or at least Marco as a cell mate.  Olive has to know what Victor is capable of when it comes to protecting threats to his family.  Olive are you that stupid?  What did Victor do to keep Poppin Fresh away from Harrison and not think that he would do even more to keep Katie and Johnny away from Poppin Fresh.  As much as Victor hates Nostrils, I’m betting that Victor will get Nostrils to sue for full custody of his kids.  What about Reed?  

Noah is cool and interesting in a Koala Bear type of way. 

Olive probably didn’t bring any clothes when she stayed the night at The Grand Albatross because Olive is wearing what looks like one of the hotel’s bedsheet.  

Doesn’t Angelina have an CFO or even a Chief Accountant?  It took Summer to tell Angelina how bad Marchetti was doing?  Summer, who blew through her trust fund and came home broke in a stolen car is now capable of being fiscally responsible and knows how to read financials 😂😂😂

Olive you are a miserable excuse of a mother beside being hypocritical.  You argue that Poppin Fresh not being able to see Harrison is very cruel, but you are willing to vastly limit Nostrils’ ability to see his children any time he wants. What about Reed?  Olive acts like he doesn’t exist anymore. You and Poppin Fresh don’t give 💩💩about Tara not being able to see Harrison. 

Leave Olive and don’t let the door hit you in your scrawny ass on the way out. Olive, please do us a big favor and take Rodan the Unhinged with you because it seems like your both kindred spirits. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

At this point, I truly hope that Victoria and Ashland get on their private jet and fly away to some place (any place) in the universe so that we never have to hear from them again. And then someone, anyone kills Victor for good. I am so very tired of hearing that man threatening everyone in his path. Go away forever, Victor. We do not like you.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Olive, you just put the nail in Poppin Fresh’s coffin or at least Marco as a cell mate.  Olive has to know what Victor is capable of when it comes to protecting threats to his family.  Olive are you that stupid?  What did Victor do to keep Poppin Fresh away from Harrison and not think that he would do even more to keep Katie and Johnny away from Poppin Fresh.  As much as Victor hates Nostrils, I’m betting that Victor will get Nostrils to sue for full custody of his kids.  What about Reed?  

Ooh, I didn't even think about this. No way is Grampire gonna let those two become disarrayed by Mop's and Poppin' Freshies tomfoolery.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

"Not-So-Slim-Shady" Roflmao! So funny, so true!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

At this point, I truly hope that Victoria and Ashland get on their private jet and fly away to some place (any place) in the universe so that we never have to hear from them again. And then someone, anyone kills Victor for good. I am so very tired of hearing that man threatening everyone in his path. Go away forever, Victor. We do not like you.

Yeah veiled and hollow threats delivered in a sinister way. Then nothing ever happens. All show, no go, that's Victor.

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

But well, well, well, lookie here now. Diane was wearing non-black clothing for a change. Was it in honor of Phyllis' absence? She had a matching bag too.

Wait, that wasn't a black dress Diane was wearing?  Is this another of those "Is it a gold dress or a blue dress?" eye teasers?  Or do I need to schedule that eye exam I've been putting off for so long?  What color was she wearing?

This change of heart Victoria is having seems hinky to me.  Adam would end up winning, and we know that's never allowed to happen.  But what does she have to gain if she's scamming Ashland?  Is it to prove she can out-Victor Victor?  Does she want the $250 million back?  Or is it pure revenge?

I'm so relieved that the scales have fallen from Jack's eyes regarding Phyllis.  

Instead of buying Marchetti, maybe the Abbotts should invest in improving conditions in their baby formula factory.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6

I don't know and don't particular what Victoria's real plan is, but only with the Newmans would rally around preventing a 45 year old woman from leaving town with her boyfriend.  And Nick always has an excuse about how he's such a free soul but the family's somehow right on THIS one.  

Jack is much more compelling when he's not in "looking for love" mode.  Especially since he's had chances in the past few years (Nikki, Sally, etc.) where HE was the one who broke it off for pointless reasons.   Read some Insta memes... it'll happen when you stop worrying about it, bro.  

• Like 1
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Ronan was the investigator on the Diane Jenkins murder.

And kept all the clues on a big rolling white board in the main room of the GCPD and covered it with a bedsheet when he didn't want the public to see it.  He also kept a bucket of evidence found in the creek near Diane's body on the corner of a desk in the main room.  6 months after the "murder" he was pawing through it and found a thumb drive and finally checked the files on it. Some detective.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Wait, that wasn't a black dress Diane was wearing?  Is this another of those "Is it a gold dress or a blue dress?" eye teasers?  Or do I need to schedule that eye exam I've been putting off for so long?  What color was she wearing?

Just to make sure, I watched Diane's first scene again, online at the CBS.com site. The dress and bag definitely look pine green to me. Worn on TV isn't listing her outfit today (the dress is kinda frumpy), and neither are two other sites which also reveal where many of the clothes are from. Sigh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Ronan moved to Washington DC to work for either the FBI or Homeland Security. I think Cricket works with him sometimes. He also was granted guardianship of Jamie Vernon, who you may recall was treated so badly by Summer and Fenn that he attempted suicide a couple of times. So Jamie went with Ronan. Ronan was the investigator on the Diane Jenkins murder.

Thank you @SweePea59!

• Love 9

Well, I’m rooting for Victoria and Ashland. And I don’t even really like Victoria. I would just like someone to shut up Grampire, Drinkki and Dickolas. They need to be knocked down a dozen or so pegs and reminded of the horrible things they have done. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

Well, I’m rooting for Victoria and Ashland. And I don’t even really like Victoria. I would just like someone to shut up Grampire, Drinkki and Dickolas. They need to be knocked down a dozen or so pegs and reminded of the horrible things they have done. 

I'll happily sit at that table with you.👍

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

You know if TGVN would ever let Snotoria learn the hard way just once, maybe she wouldn't be such a moron all the time.

Snotoria 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Peaches, you kill me !

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Victor described Ashland as a user, a liar, and a fraud. Okay, but is he also a joker, a smoker, and a midnight toker? If not, then where's the real harm? 😉

"Cadaverine." Look at Allie with her fancy schmancy college words. Poor Noah. He might have a hard time keeping up with her intellectually.

Lol, Allie tracked Noah down so he could smell the scent on her wrist. And he held her hand ever so delicately while he did it.  <sob> It's like something right out of a Jane Austen novel. I'm swooning. 🥰

I keep wondering why Abby is never invited to these laying down the law lectures Victoria gives her siblings and parents. Meanwhile, Adam may as well have had a big movie theater box of Raisinets and a jumbo soda the way he was enjoying the flame-throwing.

Sounds like Mariah and Tessa visited the Palace of Versailles. Wonder why they didn't mention it by name? Surely there's not a trademark issue.

Sharon, you're behind on the hot goss. Victoria and Ashland are back together, FFS.

Bleh, Mariah, how do you mess up an Arnold Palmer? Bet when she orders a Shirley Temple, test tubes and Bunsen burners are involved.

Giddy Adam is a ton of fun. 🥳

Pshht, New York, Victoria? Those people are going to laugh in your face, especially the uptown socialites. You've got Upper Midwestern nouveau riche trash with money written all over you and it's not going to wash off.

Did Victoria go to see Billy to gloat or in hopes that he'd go into rescue mode? Ugh, she is such a drama queen. She has to know Billy will not sit still while she either abandons her kids or brings Ashland closer into their lives.

Victor confronting Ashland. Again. Yawn. 🙄

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

So Tessa has a slight sore throat. Is that a red herring or will it become more of a problem that will keep her off tour?  

Of course Olive didn’t take Poppin Fresh’s advice and keep him out of her decision, and through him in their faces. Once again I have to say that you put the last nail in Poppin Fresh’s coffin or being butt buddies with Marco. 

What was that sour puss had when she glared at Victor?  I thought she was mad at Victor but it turns out it was Olive. 

Two things don’t ring true right here. Poppin Fresh being a little reluctant to flee as soon as possible to avoid Victor and Olive has to do one more thing before they leave and that it to show Nostrils she’s large and in charge. Olive will dictate the arrangements and not ask. If Nostrils has his druthers, he won’t let Poppin Fresh anywhere near his kids. Olive, could just go if she wanted to and get a whole new wardrobe in NY. It seems that Poppin Fresh wants a confrontation with Victor to rub his nose in the fact that Olive still loves him.  Silly rabbit, Victor is not very fond of Trix and will go all Count Chocula on your ass.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

My take on today as I did other things while it was on.

“I’m running away with Ashland and you can’t stop me! I’m 18 now! Oh wait, I’m 50 now. I use a cane! You can’t tell me what to do!!!”

”Young lady, you go to your room! You are grounded until further notice!”

”Victor what can we do?”

”Take her damn portrait off the wall”  

“Victoria we are like the Romeo and Juliet of Genoa City. You know, with the pretending to die and if they were 40 or so years older”

”Hot dog! I’m going to get the company!”

• Applause 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 3
(edited)

I’m sure I’m all alone at a table for one but I just can’t get into Mariah...She is so sarcastic and prickly.....when she and Tessa arrive home from their honeymoon today, Sharon asked them how Paris was.....another person would have said “fantastic” but Mariah sassily says oh didn’t we send you enough pictures ?
Feels like everything she says to anyone especially her family just has an undercurrent...  I have not enjoyed her in a really long time and don’t get me started on that shmatta they had her in today

Speaking of shmattas, that glittery dress that Summer was wearing yesterday was not only a poor choice for breakfast L O L but I felt the peekaboo in the front of the dress was over a little too much and her whole boob was sticking out of the hole .....when in fact I think that hole in the fabric should have been more centered if that makes any sense at all 🤯😳

Edited by SiouxB
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

Speaking of shmattas, that glittery dress that Summer was wearing yesterday was not only a poor choice for breakfast L O L but I felt the peekaboo in the front of the dress was over a little too much and her whole boob was sticking out of the hole .....when in fact I think that hole in the fabric should have been more centered if that makes any sense at all 🤯😳

The dress was probably designed by Chelsea.

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 18
34 minutes ago, Kimboweena said:

Does Ashland have his own private jet?  He asked Victoria if he should call and get it set up to go.  There's no way Victor will allow them to fly away on his jet, you got that?!

Now that’s the question. If the private jet was owned by Poppin Fresh himself, than he still owns it. If it was owned by Locke’s company, Poppin Fresh would no longer own the private jet because of the merger.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Victor yelling, screaming and threatening is comical at this point. Kind of like a paper tiger.  Wish Ashland's money, couldn't he squash Victor like a bug?  Why doesn't he tell Victor that? A watershed moment in Y&R history would ensue.  Sadly, Victor will always win.

Snotoria and Poppin' Fresh are about the best nicknames for characters that I have seen.  I can't look at Ashland and not think about how tight his shirt collar and ties seem to be; just like he would pop out of them and bake.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I keep wondering why Abby is never invited to these laying down the law lectures Victoria gives her siblings and parents. Meanwhile, Adam may as well have had a big movie theater box of Raisinets and a jumbo soda the way he was enjoying the flame-throwing.

I don't think they ultimately care what Abby thinks, and deep down she probably doesn't much either.  She's an associate Newman and always will be, and she's likely better off for it.

Felt like Noah and Allie were super forced and awkward at the beginning, but I liked them a lot today.    

Adam and his background reactions were great.  I love the contrast of him almost giggling with how well this was working out vs everybody else's maudlin theatrics.  

When I see Victor is getting ready to start yelling, I actually get excited because of how hilarious it's going to be.  Not sure if that's the reaction they're looking for, but I legit give EB credit for having the energy to even WANT these egomaniacal performances.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12

Today was fun. Victoria doing her wild animal impressions and Adam was so gleeful he almost levitated. On the downside, the costumes on this show are consistently atrocious.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

”Take her damn portrait off the wall”  

For the win!

9 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Adam and his background reactions were great.  I love the contrast of him almost giggling with how well this was working out vs everybody else's maudlin theatrics. 

Although I don't think that he and Sally can take any credit for either Asshat or mop's latest moves, I'm afraid that he's going to be blamed for whatever idiocy ensues.

9 hours ago, Kemper said:

Victor yelling, screaming and threatening is comical at this point.

Especially since he's always seated. Sadly, all I can think is that he's barely able to stand any longer.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

So, one thing I gotta say about Nu Summer....another one, like Olive, who does her own hair it seems. And it is just as awful.

Add me to the table of one above, who doesn't much like Mariah. I wish her and Tessa would go away. With Victor, Lily and Billy. I can deal with everyone else. And Lily is much better now without Kane. But Nostrills...ick. Would love them to bring back any of the former Billy actors. Cannot stand this one. 

So is Poppin Fresh gonna be killed? Is the actor temporary? I'm down for a good who killed the scumball story line. I feel like Victoria is playing him. And maybe doing a double play in trying to also somehow bring down Adam's plan to take over.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Runningwild said:

I agree Nikki and Victor aren't saints, but IMO Victoria's only getting out of the frying pan and into the fire. How can any sane person insist they love someone who only contributed continuous lies to their relationship? If she were my daughter, I would have gone for an emergency psychiatric commitment, followed by a brain scan to r/o a closed head injury from the car wreck. And of course, murder the Doughboy next. In absence of that, the hardest question Nikki and Victoria need to be asking  themselves is how they raised such a messed up daughter who hid it so well for so long.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

ALso, what exactly did Phylis do for Jack to call it quits when he was wanting her so badly for so very long? And now he's cozying up to Diane who is a girl Ashland (despicable evil conniver). Say what!?!?!?!

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3

I wasn't really looking at the show yesterday, but today I did. Dummer has out-Phyllised Phyllis' clothing-with-holes with that boob-hole dress. And brown glitter fabric? In early June? As stated above, definitely designed by Chelsea, exclusively for Fenmores. So is Gaspy going to glom onto Kyle next? And how about those two mean girls, Dummer and Gaspy, going on about how bad Sally is. She doesn't hold a candle to them. That's definitely a story line I can do without. Actually any story with Gaspy is a story I can do without. I just wish she could talk faster.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8