Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, rcc said:

RN becoming emotional when asking Kyle to take Harrison out was sweet. Nice scene.

All I saw was the attempted redemption of a cancer-faker. Not buying the BS. They write him in as the Locke-ness Monster. He does dirty deeds. And now it's all - oh he really loves mop and he has the feels for Hairyson. Nuh-uh. Don't make him into a completely different person now. Just bring back a vengeful insane Gaines and be done with another failed storyline and character.

No offense intended towards you, RCC, but this entire storyline has been a disaster from the get-go.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nikki, you're wasting too many words on Diane. Get to slapping. Or shooting. Or stabbing. 😏

Chelsea, if you don't want people making snide remarks to you about Rey's death, keep your nutbag behind at home. You're not the widow, hon.

Spot on! And Manjaw needs to STFU about Rey because basically it's HER FAULT he's dead. He wouldn't have been driving fast to get those goddamn tickets if it hadn't been for her trying to worm her way into his life. Then again, how fucking stupid is Rey for allowing her to even be in his airspace after trying to kill him?!

21 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

"You're not getting rid of me, short of murder." Whoa, Ashland! Do you know who you're talking to? Nikki the Newman Family Enforcer has killed before and she'd have no problem ending you. Don't tempt her.

Yeah, the problem is now we know that when Nikki kills someone, they don't always stay dead...

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

All I saw was the attempted redemption of a cancer-faker. Not buying the BS. They write him in as the Locke-ness Monster. He does dirty deeds. And now it's all - oh he really loves mop and he has the feels for Hairyson. Nuh-uh. Don't make him into a completely different person now. Just bring back a vengeful insane Gaines and be done with another failed storyline and character.

No offense intended towards you, RCC, but this entire storyline has been a disaster from the get-go.

I agree on the failed storyline and character but that scene with Harrison humanized him. It is the only time I watched him as a good actor in a scene. Otherwise RN is not a good recast.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Amanda, who is this "Imani" of whom you speak? 😏

Kyle's scruff is not working for me. And I think he needs to eat a Mickey D's happy meal or three.

Oh wow, Sharon looked decades younger in that first flashback when she and Rey first declared their mutual love. Botox and fillers aren't doing SC any favors, IMO. 😼

Are you insane, Diane? There are so many people who know you that you could run into at the coffeehouse. You're like a drama-seeking missile.

Isn't Harrison like four or five now? Seems to me he talks poorly for his age. Guess he didn't inherit Grandpa Jack's precise diction skills.

Apparently Jack doesn't know about Ashland's messy situation with the Newmans or he might not have let him take Harrison out of the house. Oy.

Good thing Sharon didn't show up at the coffeehouse until after Diane had left. It could've sent her over the edge to see Diane alive while Rey's corpse is still waiting to be buried.

Jack: Kyle, the bottom line is your mother was a scheming heaux and half the town was elated she was dead.
Kyle: so, on a scale of Phyllis to Nikki, how big of a heaux was she?
Jack: uh, are you trying to insinuate something, son?
Kyle: well as the song says, you can't turn one into a housewife. And yet you married all three of them, Dad.
Jack: and yet you married Summer. Two can play this game, Kyle.
Kyle: hey, look at the time! Gotta get back to Milan!

I was surprised Mariah asked Nick to give her away at the wedding. It's oddly traditional to me given how unconventional the ceremony sounds like it's going to be otherwise.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Joimiaroxeu - your Jack/Kyle conversation was brilliant. Belly laugh here.

If they are going to bring pasty Kyle back, I wish they had recast the character. Maybe due to a recast Summer; and it would be confusing to have both roles being played by new actors. I still think having “Diane returns” storyline is not a great idea. Along with the whole surrogate/Abby/Devon story. And the endless endless Victoria/Ashland/Newman family capers. All of them just plod along. And now a chance for Nicki to literally look down her nose at another character. That kind of makes me root for Diane and Adam. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

Wait. Can someone help me with today’s episode? Towards the end of yesterday’s episode, Sharon and Nick go to the coffee house where they run into Chelsea. Chelsea tries to talk and Sharon cut her off saying that she (Sharon) shouldn’t be grieving. Chelsea looks alarmed, Nick kind of looks over at Chelsea and then the scene cuts.

But today, the first time we see Sharon she’s back at the house looking for a wedding planner and having flashbacks of Ray. Then she ends up back at the coffee house talking to Tessa and Mariah with Nick. Chelsea is nowhere to be seen. But according to my TV guide it says “Jack drops a bomb shell. Phyllis busts Diane. Chelsea defends herself.” Those first two things happened today so I know I’m watching the correct episode. Do they cut that entire scene?

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

You know it’s going to be a crappy day when the first person you see Rodan the Yenta.  Amanda is so so very busy that she has time to fix her chipped nail and shoot the shit with Rodan the Yenta. And as Yentas do, she has to fill Amanda in on things that Amanda really doesn’t have to know. Yes Rodan the Yenta, there is so much danger Diane can do like going on a shooting spree or plant a dirty bomb. Rodan the Yenta you are actually more dangerous than Diane but threatening to “take her out”. I’m so sick and tired of Rodan the Yenta passing judgment on her adversaries, which are many, when she is actually much worse than her. 

Now we know why Kyle was banished to Milan. He’s just a shit ass actor that can’t even fain any real emotion. Even Sharon can squeeze out more emotion from her stone like face.  Kyle was saved by the door bell from making more of a fool out of himself on trying to be emotional. That was short lived because that was topped by Kyle just being a dolt. Kyle can’t bare, for a minute, being away from his son but how could his mother stay away so long?  Kyle, you shit ass, the same way your grandmother stayed away from you and Jack’s mother stayed away from him.  

Tell me, has anyone ever told Summer how reprehensible her mother is or nobody had to tell her because she can see it for herself.  I don’t know what Diane or has done in the past but I can’t pass judgement on her trying to reunite with Kyle after finally realizing leaving him was so very wrong. My daughter hasn’t seen her father in 30 years but I wouldn’t think of stopping her from seeing him, if she wanted to, if he reached out to her.  Right now, I like Diana a 1,000 times better than Rodan the Yenta. 

Today they just had to give Amanda and Rodan the Yenta airtime  but no airtime yet for Nostrils consoling Olive.  Usually he’s there like stink on shit. 

Couldn’t TIIC bring back Chrystal for one episode. 

Lastly, everyone grieves in there own way and nobody should tell you how to grieve.  

• Love 13

I think Sharon must have been a beautiful woman at one time, but all those fillers made her look like her face is going to split open.

thought did sad tremendous job with her grief.  My bff  is going thru the same thing and sometimes she doesn't want to get out of bed.

• Love 4

What was the point of the Phyllis-Amanda conversation?  Phyllis told a vague story to someone who has zero connection to Diane.  I thought she would reveal some tidbit that we weren't aware of yet, but nope...no exposition whatsoever.  These writers are really good at wasting time.

Yesterday, when Nikki told Diane she hasn't thought about Deacon in years, methinks she dosted protestethed way too much.  Deacon may be a dirtbag, but he's a hot dirtbag!

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

I never knew they were a couple! Wow. It is odd that she and Victor are now The Wise Old Comfortable Cozy Forever Loving Long Married Parental Figures. 

Deacon! When was he on the show? I started watching when Victoria forged some sort of artifact; Brad was revealed to be a former spy or some such - then killed off. And…

In the article about the upcoming real life nuptials of Adam and Sharon, it mentioned the big ratings rise of Bold and Beautiful (😮) but no mention of Y&R.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Deacon! When was he on the show?

He followed Amber to GC. Highjinx & scams with them and Daniel and Ryder. Then he boinked mop. Then he had dumpster sex with Syph. Then he worked at Gloworm as a bartender. Then he met Nikki at an AA meeting. They became friends, got involved, he was part of someone else's scam who was spiking her drinks, they went to rehab together, he fell in love with her, Victor caught them in bed, the beans got spilled about Deacon involved in the scam even though he was now in love with Nikki and no longer scamming and helped to bring the scammer to justice but Nikki was done with him and Victor sent her to another rehab out of town. Victor at that time was involved with Diane Jenkins (again). Then there was the whole Diane Jenkins murder. Deacon said he saw it and mop did it and that Nikki was trying to save Diane. Nikki was back from the second rehab but was still drinking. Deacon told Nikki he wouldn't turn mop in to the police if she, Nikki, married him. They went to Vegas. Kay offered Deacon a fortune to get it annulled. Nick attacked Deacon for taking advantage of his mommy. Victor fake confessed to Diane's murder, blah blah blah. Nikki pretended to care for Deacon to find out more about Diane's murder. She looked though files on his laptop and was watching a video of him boinking Diane. He caught her and was about to strangle her but got interrupted. He also had Super 8 film of Diane's murder. So he kidnapped Nikki, (they did get divorced but I'm not sure where in the timeline that happened), took her to a warehouse to show her more film/video - the murder, park security footage, porky pig cartoons... and footage of Nikki hitting Diane in the head with a rock, which was self defense because Diane was trying to inject Nikki with a syringe. The footage cleared Victor. Deacon got arrested for kidnapping Nikki. (We saw him next on B&B when $Bill freed him from jail to stop Hope's marriage to Liam in Italy.) Back to the murder, Diane wanted to frame Victor for her fake murder and leave the country and Deacon was to film the fake murder, but drunk Nikki showed up and messed up Diane's plan. After Nikki hit Diane on the head with the rock, Deacon picked up the rock and hit her some more so it would look like someone bigger and stronger than Nikki did it. Then he took the security footage from the park to protect Nikki. He cleared everyone else of the charges in Diane's real murder and had obstruction of justice added to his kidnapping charges in jail. And then he recognized the woman who had helped him clean up all the evidence in the park after the murder, the woman who actually murdered Diane Jenkins, (for boinking Jack on her wedding eve), Pattycakes Williams. Of course now that Diane Jenkins is alive, who knows what supposedly happened since what we saw didn't happen?

Edited by SweePea59
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

Oh my God! Sweet Jesus. Lol As bizarre and unbelievable as this tale is - I mean really really bizarre….it is still much better, fun, and more interesting  than the last few big flop storylines this show has had recently. Deacon! Has the character always been the same actor? I think he was also one of the AJs on General Hospital.

SweePea - your summary should win an award.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Deacon! Has the character always been the same actor? I think he was also one of the AJs on General Hospital.

Yes and yes. And thank you, but I did go to a website for a refresher and some deets. It wasn't all from memory, mostly, but not quite all. ;D And if you watch B&B, he's in LA now. He's befriended Sheila. With Sheila and Deacon both in LA is it any wonder that the B&B ratings are up?

• Love 13

So before her 'death' Diane was sleeping with Deacon, Tucker (that's why Abby ran him over I think), Nick, and...Victor?  Given they deaged her at that time by having Maura West play her, could Diane have also been pregnant by one of them and found out after her escape?  Tucker may have been a bit too early on to be a daddy candidate leaving Nick and Deacon as the most likely candidates.  Would make sense if Diane wanted to book out of there if she was having another kid and didn't want it taken from her and everyone was gunning for her; she leaves Kyle in Jack's protection while comforting herself with the baby no one knows about.  Having another bombshell to drop that Kyle has a half sibling with Nick would have massive impact: Diane would have Nikki and Victor's granchild and the kid would be both Kyle and Summer's half sibling. She'd have both a Newman and an Abbott child.  Nick needed a purpose after breaking up with Phyllis - having to parent a child he didn't know about is giving him something to do, LOL. And man would Phyllis be LIVID that Diane has kids with both Jack and Nick.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4

Phyllis be LIVID that Diane has kids with both Jack and Nick.

I don't think Sharon would be thrilled about it either. Nah, I think Nick has enough kids. No more surprise children please.

There's a cadre of fans pushing for the show to bring Dylan back to replace Rey. Given a choice between him or Deacon, I'd vote for Deacon. Steve Burton had to part ways with GH over COVID stuff so it seems to me it would be hypocritical of Y&R to bring him back after they dropped a couple of actors for similar reasons. Plus Deacon is trashy fun.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't think Sharon would be thrilled about it either. Nah, I think Nick has enough kids. No more surprise children please.

There's a cadre of fans pushing for the show to bring Dylan back to replace Rey. Given a choice between him or Deacon, I'd vote for Deacon. Steve Burton had to part ways with GH over COVID stuff so it seems to me it would be hypocritical of Y&R to bring him back after they dropped a couple of actors for similar reasons. Plus Deacon is trashy fun.

I could never see what people saw in Deacon. Yes, he's trashy but sexy or attractive? I just don't see it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

As I said yesterday, Nostrils is always around Olive like stink on shit 🤭but he’s listening to Lily to keep his space 🤔.  Has Nostrils been on vacation?  He looks like he’s been tanning or is it just make up?  

Of course Olive still loves Poppin Fresh like she still loves Nostrils and J. T. for that matter.  Olive’s ego still won’t allow her to phantom the fact that she could be married to someone she didn’t love.  

Yes Adam has his many faults but he also has many virtues. It was a great scene between Adam and Sharon that was very well acted. Kudos to them both. 

Yes Poppin Fresh it’s still a case even if it’s and accident which is still left to be determined because a police officer died. That’s why an autopsy was performed and blood was probable drawn for a toxicology. I don’t know if they were, but both Olive and Poppin Fresh should of had blood tests. 

So it seems Rey had a heart attack which I find plausible.  Just because you’re reasonably young and have pretty low cholesterol that’s not only the determining factor that could put you at risk. Stress is also a big cause of a heart attacks. Rey’s heart attack could also have been a delayed result of Chelsea’s poisoning him or a blood clot from an injury.  Heart attacks can be silent killers.  I had a heart attack 25 years ago and only by constant monitoring, by my cardiologist, it was found that I needed a triple bypass.  I had absolutely no indications that anything was wrong but the area where I needed the triple bypass they call it the “widow maker”.  If a heart attack occurred, I would be dead in an instant.  I would like to pass along another word of wisdom from my mother. “If your chronically ill you will live longer”.  My uncle died at 58 from a chronic heart condition who never went to the doctor.  His son died at 31 from the same heart condition and didn’t go to the doctor to be checked out after knowing that his father died from a chronic heart condition. 

I’m still wondering if Poppin Fresh is still playing a long con. Poppin Fresh couldn’t get control of Victor’s entire company but it seems he wants control of Victor’s daughter which is more cherished than his company. 

ETA:  Twice as many men have heart attacks than woman but a woman’s heart attack is more severe. More women have second heart attacks and are more likely to die of a second heart attack than men do. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13

So Ashland can walk into the Newman building and Victoria's office at will? The stones on this guy.

I still can't believe Nate and Elena didn't get new furniture when they moved into that condo. It might be the same stuff Victor and Nikki had when they originally bought it years ago. Oy, so many years of bad juju built up in there.

Oh come on, Sharon. You've probably never been alone for more than a few months in your entire adult life. There's always been at least one guy you could pull out of reserve. Sorry for your loss but get over yourself. 😐

And then Ashland closed the office door, like he presumed Victoria was willing to have a private conversation with him. What a jerk. How many times does Victoria have to tell him it's over?

Lol, Amanda is not the one to lecture about dating your coworkers. She lives with one of her employers. And Nate until recently was Elena's boss. None of these people observe professional vs private boundaries.

Lily laid down the law with Billy about not continuing to stick his nose in the Ashland situation. Too bad her boyfriend rarely obeys her, ha ha.

Ashland, Victoria doesn't have to believe crap coming out of your lying mouth. STFU. His behavior toward Victoria is bordering on emotional abuse to me, especially now while she's more vulnerable due to her injuries. Ugh.

Who'd've thought Adam would be the one to get through Sharon's defenses? Guess he is indeed a good friend. 🤔

Chance is on the case!  But based on my evening studies at Law & Order University, I don't know if he should be questioning Victoria and Ashland at the same time. They could manipulate each other's version of the events.

Sure enough, Ashland stepped in and took over Victoria's retelling of the accident from her perspective. Did Chance notice? Hmmm.

Hamilton Streaming. Okay. Lily and Devon should hire Lin-Manuel Miranda to do some ads for them, lol. Bet Disney would get a good laugh out of it. Meanwhile, why are these fools acting like they're creating a new dynasty? Jill still owns CI so actually all of it is hers.

Rey died of a heart attack? Pssht, maybe the panic of seeing another vehicle coming straight at his at a high speed is what caused it. Meh, what a cop out--no pun intended. 🤨

OMFG Ashland! Stop! You're not entitled to be in Victoria's life forever simply because you refuse to take no for an answer. I think the Newmans need to get a restraining order on that guy, at least to keep him out of the building.

• Love 16

I really liked the scene between Adam and Sharon but SC’s face takes me right out of it. I swear it’s going to crack wide open! She’s such a beautiful woman, I don’t know why she did that to herself. 🥱

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't know if he should be questioning Victoria and Ashland at the same time. They could manipulate each other's version of the events.

that's exactly what I thought Chance if you weren't s damn good  looking {to m,e at least,}  I'd call you AN IDIOT

If Victoria falls for the same snow job Popin ia handing out, you deserve what you get.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 12

I was able to watch today because no Phyllis! I can’t take her scenes and she’s ruining the return of Diane. 
I feel bad for Sharon but she gets a new husband every couple of years the way some get a new car. Although this time I think she’ll be getting one of her old cars out of storage. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

Regarding Rey having a heart attack: there is speculation that it may be related to the poisoning which can cause damage to several.different organs. I find that exciting because then Chelsea would be the cause of his death.

• Useful 6
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

that's exactly what I thought Chance if you weren't s damn good  looking {to m,e at least,}  I'd call you AN IDIOT

If Victoria falls for the same snow job Popin ia handing out, you deserve what you get.

I couldn't believe it today when she said she still loved him. Drop him like a hot rock, Vic. He's trash.

• Love 15

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the Adam/Sharon thing today.  For me it comes off like Adam is entitled to a special relationship with Sharon- "you know, you and me, what we have is different"- and especially kind of icky given the problems he caused her in the marriage. 

That said I think some characters can get away with that kind of thing, but frankly MG is not charismatic enough to pull it off, whatever relationship he and SC have aside.  Would have been way better with an actual family member IMO.

Did Imani lose some weight since the last time we saw her?  I think she looked better before.

Maybe this is actually going to go somewhere with Chelz or whatever, but Rey's sudden heart attack seems in line with speed rushing the rest of the story.  It still seems odd to me that JV got zero "victim, at the hospital" scenes or anything like that.  

I swear the same scene between Victoria and Ashland at her office has taken place for months now.  But then, I've been FF'ing all of them so, I really can't say *for sure*

• Love 11

So many episodes, so little to say......

I think that brain trust meeting in Devon's living room is all wrong about the new name for the company.  While they would most likely be infringing on a copyright, instead of calling it Chancellor/Winters they really should call it the Dithers Corporation.  I know that really belongs to Dagwood Bumstead's boss, but it perfectly encapsulates all the bubbling froth pouring forth from Lily, Imani doing everything but a lap dance for Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate and they already have their resident Dagwood in our dear darling ButtBiscuit.

A party is the worst idea ever, because if the public ever gets a good look at these nudnicks in action, Jill will be having a "Going Out of Business" very soon.

Poor Lily still doesn't seem to understand that Jill's intention in giving her the CEO job wasn't so she and Devon could follow the Yellow Brick Road and that the day after Jill fires her, the "family" company ceases to exist.  If her ego gets any bigger, soon she won't even be able to pull the wool over her own eyes.

Devon looked to me like he was regretting even opening his front door to these people.

giphy.gif

You didn't have to say Yes, Devon.

I did enjoy watching Victoria do her cane dance, though.  She really has some moves.

Any reason Ashland isn't dead yet?  

Total speculation, not a spoiler, but I'm wondering if Diane isn't going to seek redemption by, at some point not too far in the future, knocking off Ashland.   She'll probably think it'll put her back in people's good graces.  If not that, she'll probably team up with him.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, boes said:

Total speculation, not a spoiler, but I'm wondering if Diane isn't going to seek redemption by, at some point not too far in the future, knocking off Ashland.   She'll probably think it'll put her back in people's good graces.  If not that, she'll probably team up with him.

It seems to me the number one reason to bring back Diane Jenkins is to give Phylthy story, which is bad enough. The thought of Asshat sticking around, like gum on the bottom of your shoe, is bad enough, but teaming him up with Diane Jenkins turns the gum into dog poo. So I guess that's where they are going to go. From bad to worse.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Adam's 'Did it work?' to Sally's confession about her fake illness in L.A. to keep Wyatt made me laugh and want to kiss him.  That he then went on to parse out why he was mad at Ashland (dude was coming after my family's business) but also how he was objectively impressed with Ashland's balls and his plan told me that Adam knows who he is, what he likes, what he's done, what he's still capable of and is accepting that about himself while also trying to be better.  It was a STARK contrast to Chelsea's complete lack of self-awareness as she was snarking to Chloe about not understanding how a manipulative, vile person like Ashland gets to live while Rey died. Honey, why do YOU get to live and have second chances while people like Rey die?  A year ago you poisoned Rey with no regard for his life or him as a person. He was just a pawn for you to get back at Adam and Sharon. You don't get to pass judgement on anyone else for their cons and other crimes when you SKATED on what you did to Rey, Sharon, and Adam.

Adam confessing he may have done something similar and Sally being like 'Damn!' also had me laughing. I think she knows about the Faith baby switch and Delia but does she know he slept with the male ADA ( I forget his name) to try to have him in his pocket to stay out of prison. Adam is capable of doing whatever it takes to get what he wants and taking HUGE risks. Sally is a kitten compared to Adam's battle cat. Whatever she's done, he can top it and I love that he doesn't hold anything against her and let's her know she's with a man cut from the same cloth.

Adam was wrong to leave Sally hanging on a response to her love confession but damned if his plea to make himself clear to her about his intentions more than a little steamy.  Mark Grossman mentioned in an article a while back that in stepping into the Adam role he had to recreate the couples of Sharon/Adam and Chelsea/Adam but that Sally/Adam would be his couple he'd get to create together with the actress so that it was his Adam's 'first' love in a way. He was looking forward to the adventure and it shows. I'm not wholly clear on the endgame of Salad but I'm enjoying their adventure as well. What I think is needed at this point is for the focus to be on Sally with Adam supporting her since she's been his sounding board during the Ashland saga.  Let's get to see her drive the story a bit for a change.

Adam walking away from Chelsea when she was trying to pick a fight shows growth.  It was hilarious how Chloe, Adam, and Sally all rolled their eyes at Chelsea when started her little snit (OMG here she goes again) and you just know she was seconds away from saying something like 'If you were any kind of a father, you'd have been taking Connor to the Hockey game instead of Rey and Rey would've been home with Sharon and might've been able to get help for his heart attack instead of dying in his car. It's your fault he's dead!' Adam let her be and once again she stewed. Chloe made sense and called a spade a spade; do not use Rey's death as an excuse to get back with Adam.  Unfortunately, I think she'll use it to try to get with some other poor unsuspecting sap (i.e. Chance). 

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23

Yeah, so Adam went with I faked a medical condition too?  

I was wondering if he’d go with that or the faked being gay to seduce the ADA or burned a miscarried fetus (or am I misremembering) to fake Ashley’s continued pregnancy.

That said, I loved his scenes with Sally today and Sharon yesterday   Really, really like this Adam.  He might be my favorite.   

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Love 20

So Ashland didn't decide to abscond with Harrison. Oh well. Those two probably could've gone pretty far underground with Locke's fresh $500M.

Harrison's hair. Yeesh, it's like he's cosplaying Kurt Cobain in a kindergarten Nirvana cover band.

"Let the game come to you." Is that really a basketball saying? Seems  rather passive for a winning approach to me. 🤔

WTF is wrong with Phyllis? I remember back in the day when she met Kyle as a boy, and she was wearing an outfit with a low-cut neckline which showed her cleavage. She was leaning over in Kyle's face like she wanted to make sure he got a good look. Then there she is today doing the same thing with Harrison. I can't with her. 😒

Mrs. Martinez must love when Harrison is around since the grown-ups constantly ply him with her delicious baked goods. Somehow he's still managed not to gain twice his normal weight.

Yikes, Chelsea is back to using Connor as a way to move on Adam, and right in front of his girlfriend too. There is never any shame in Chelsea disrespecting other people's relationships game, lol.

Huh, I thought Sally's misdeeds with Wyatt Spencer and Flogan were public knowledge in GC, thanks to Summer. I'm surprised Adam hadn't already heard all about Sally's past and why she's persona non grata in L.A.

Jack, Jackie, Jack Jack Jack. You're probably going to regret letting the walking undead Diane back into the Abbott manse.

Sally, girlfriend, you fudged on the story a bit. You weren't reviled because you faked having a critical illness. It was the part where you kidnapped your ex-boyfriend's fiancée and were planning to knock her unconscious and leave her tied to a radiatiator until she starved to death. It's only because you agreed to leave town that you weren't reported to the police and arrested. Just sayin'. 🙄

Heh, lovebirds of a scheming feather. That's our Salad! A match made in...well, not heaven and not hell. Purgatory? 🥰

Re the previews for next week: I am not yet convinced the Copeland-Porter nuptials will actually take place but if they do I hope Kyle is there for Mariah. He really has been her best friend.

• Love 19

Did Kyle just bitchslap Jack, Rodan, his grandmother, and every mother parent in GC when he said “I don’t see how a parent can be away from their child for long”.  I guess Harrison is right there in bed with him as he plays motorboat with Summer 😉

So Chelsea lost one of her closest friends 🤔?  I guess Chelsea has to call all close friend since there are less than a handful friends. Chelsea is more upset that she didn’t get a chance to jump Rey’s bones in Chicago. There would be a knock on Rey’s door and Chelsea would enter wearing  a see-through Cami.  Chelsea thinks that would all it would take to “couch” Rey for  a few minutes of passion.  Now that Rey is not an option, Chelsea will once again be jealous of Adam’s and Sally’s relationship. This to me is more evidence that Chelsea really wanted to be friends with benefits and Connor was a means to an end. 

Chloe tells Chelsea it was not her fault that Rey forgot the tickets and no one is to blame because it was a horrible accident. Yes Chloe it was a horrible accident just like DD’s accident but she still blames Adam but not Nostrils for setting the accident in motion.  

Nikki you also have become a changed woman. Over the years you’ve become more entitled. 

Basically Jack, didn’t you walk away from Kemo?  Didn’t you give up on trying to contact him after a while?  Did you ever think about hiring a PI to find him and go see him in person to plead your case?  I think not.  Maybe Diane in faking her death was extreme but didn’t Kemo and Dina treat you like they were dead?  Is it better to think that someone is dead or to know someone is alive but just doesn’t want anything to do with you?  Case in point. My daughter’s mother is dead which it’s easier for her to accept than knowing her father is alive and has not been in contact for over 30 years. My daughter doesn’t say anything but I know that she has abandonment issues by her personal and professional interactions and views on life.  

How dare Diane call Rodan the Yenta’s hotel room cold (drab). If Rodan the Yenta heard Diane call it a cold (drab) hotel room and not a cold (drab) suite, Rodan the Yenta would beat Diane to death with her wings.  

Sally opens up to Adam about also faking a terminal illness to win back Wyatt.  Sally asked him he would say something and Adam’s reply to Sally was priceless. “Did it work” 😂😂😂.  Adam wasn’t shocked at all because he faked his death, as Adam, in trying to win Chelsea back as Gabriel Bingham and Sally and Adam are a match made in heaven. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Jack, Jackie, Jack Jack Jack. You're probably going to regret letting the walking undead Diane back into the Abbott manse.

I was shocked (okay, not that shocked) that Jack just laid down like that. I really wish they wouldn't make him look so weak.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sally, girlfriend, you fudged on the story a bit. You weren't reviled because you faked having a critical illness. It was the part where you kidnapped your ex-boyfriend's fiancée and were planning to knock her unconscious and leave her tied to a radiatiator until she starved to death. It's only because you agreed to leave town that you weren't reported to the police and arrested. Just sayin'. 🙄

I don’t think I would characterize Sally’s actions the same way as you did.  For most soap opera kidnappings, the kidnapper actually plans on abducting the person for some reason.  Here, Wyatt’s new fiancée figured out Sally was lying, confronted her, and was walking away to tell Wyatt when Sally panicked and knocked her out and then panicked agin and tied her to a radiator in order to buy time.  A dumb plan to be sure but Sally had no intention of starving her to death.  It lasted two episodes so I’m not even sure a whole day had passed, or people even knew the girlfriend went missing.  That plot line was played more for comedy and Sally was not given a “criminal” edit.  Although she was the bad guy /schemer and both her assault of Wyatt’s boring girlfriend (whose name I can’t recall) and tying her up were both criminal acts.  Wyatt and girlfriend were more concerned about punishing Sally by exposing Sally’s lies than having her arrested.  

but I agree with the rest of your post. 

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

That plot line was played more for comedy

Yeah, no, I'm going to agree to disagree on characterizing it comedic. As I recall there were indeed silly aspects to it, like Sally using something like fabric ribbons to tie Flo to the radiator. It was trivial for Flo to untie them. There was also a dumb plot point with something like "help me" being painted on Flo's butt. But those elements could be attributed to Brad Bell's poor writing ability versus an attempt to make the situation humorous, IMO. Plus by that point the Flo redemption campaign was well underway and it was necessary to paint her as a charitable victim.

I like Sally but she's no naif and she knows she could easily have gone to jail. B&B just doesn't handle jail/prisons, trials, police investigations, etc. in a way which remotely approaches realism. Then on Y&R she got treated like she was public enemy #1 by people who had committed crimes themselves. I think Adam's reaction today to her slanted confession was refreshing, all things considered.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 7

Wow, Chelsea the maneater.  All she could see recently was Rey with stars in her eyes, and suddenly she’s back to trying to manipulate Adam.

Sharon might be slutty but I don’t remember her being predatory.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, rcc said:

I hope Adam and Sally stay a couple. Like them more every time I see them. No Adam back with Sharon please even though they are a couple IRL.

Agreed.  I love, love, love these two and think they are the best soap couple I've seen in a very long time.  Hopefully TIIC don't fuck it up.

Also, MCE/Chelsea really does gasp every sentence that comes out of her mouth.  It's obnoxious.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 18
18 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Agreed.  I love, love, love these two and think they are the best soap couple I've seen in a very long time.  Hopefully TIIC don't fuck it up.

Also, MCE/Chelsea really does gasp every sentence that comes out of her mouth.  It's obnoxious.

I like Adam and Sally a lot but I don't think they have anything on Tessa and Mariah. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, VanillaBeanne said:

I don’t think I would characterize Sally’s actions the same way as you did.  For most soap opera kidnappings, the kidnapper actually plans on abducting the person for some reason.  Here, Wyatt’s new fiancée figured out Sally was lying, confronted her, and was walking away to tell Wyatt when Sally panicked and knocked her out and then panicked agin and tied her to a radiator in order to buy time.  A dumb plan to be sure but Sally had no intention of starving her to death.  It lasted two episodes so I’m not even sure a whole day had passed, or people even knew the girlfriend went missing.  That plot line was played more for comedy and Sally was not given a “criminal” edit.  Although she was the bad guy /schemer and both her assault of Wyatt’s boring girlfriend (whose name I can’t recall) and tying her up were both criminal acts.  Wyatt and girlfriend were more concerned about punishing Sally by exposing Sally’s lies than having her arrested.  

but I agree with the rest of your post. 

Sally didn't knock out Flo.  Penny (her doctor friend who gave Sally the fake diagnosis) knocked out Flo while Sally was pleading with her not to tell Wyatt.  In a fit of desperation, Sally tied Flo to the radiator and made a bee-line to Wyatt in an effort to get pregnant that night.  None of that was planned, it was more of a twisted Carpe Diem situation to salvage the wreckage of her relationship.  So yeah, not exactly in the league of someone willing to inject his own eyeballs to fake blindness, or starve himself to lose enough weight to slip out of his ankle monitor, but still enough to be a kindred spirit for Adam.   

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Re the previews for next week: I am not yet convinced the Copeland-Porter nuptials will actually take place but if they do I hope Kyle is there for Mariah. He really has been her best friend.

Me too.  It's kind of amazing to me the contrast of how likeable he is around her versus...most any other time. 

It's really lame how often Jack gets catty and domineering around other women for their mistakes, but then is all Captain Save a Ho for Phyllis.  What strange standards he has... even besides Phyllis, the guy can't look at Diane without sneering, but can have drinks with Victor like old war buddies?

This whole thing with Diane just seems weird on the optics so far.  From what I've seen/read, most of what Diane did are like generic bad deeds, at least by GC standards.  It's kind of hard to see her as the most disgusting person in town when, a) Victor/Phyllis/Ashland exist, and b) they haven't even shown her doing much scheming or anything as of yet.  

Still don't particularly care about them as a couple, but that was a great scene with Adam and Sally today.  They made it fun the way they played off each other.

Speaking of the exact opposite, do they even want to make Chelsea likeable?  Back to mean mugging after Adam because her other option literally fucking died.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, JNavarro said:

This whole thing with Diane just seems weird on the optics so far.  From what I've seen/read, most of what Diane did are like generic bad deeds, at least by GC standards.  It's kind of hard to see her as the most disgusting person in town when, a) Victor/Phyllis/Ashland exist, and b) they haven't even shown her doing much scheming or anything as of yet.  

Agreed.  AFAIC, the worst thing Diane ever did was being recast by Maura West.  She was dreadful playing the character, almost as repellent as the storyline.  Nothing Diane did on that return, though, was as awful as Victor pushing her out of that moving ambulance.

Drinki was at her most Drinki-ness, which was fun and Deacon Sharpe was a featured player, which was not......  Though his dumpster sex with Phyllis was unforgettable.  The Show was a lukewarm mess IMO at that time.  You sorta felt a long bath with a anti-bacterial scrub was needed after every episode.

I love Jack but his taste in women just sucks.

When Phyllis ran off to the kitchen with Harrison, is there anyone who didn't - even momentarily - wonder if Phyllis might toss him in the oven for a slow bake?  Anyone really think a defenseless child would stand a chance with her?

"Come into my kitchen" said by Phyllis Summers summons many feelings, none of them maternal.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

Okay wardrobe clearly has it out for Sally because it's been over a month since I've seen her in something decent, let alone business appropriate. But I did like her & Adam in Friday's episode. I too thought Sally faking an illness to keep lame ass #2 Whyatt Spencer from baby trafficker Felony Logan was public knowledge as well? If not, then what the fuck were people bitching and being self-righteous toward Sally about all this time? Oh right...Bummer...😒 

I know Sharon's face is stiff and hard to watch(I've seen SC do worse so I'm kinda ok so far) but she's the wife, I care more about her grief than Chelsea's. They really only became friends because Rey felt insecure & left out of the Shick family. 

7 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Speaking of the exact opposite, do they even want to make Chelsea likeable? 

Lol no. They probably think they are though and have every intention of shoving her in our faces as if she's a half way decent character. The way the narrative tries to make her sympathetic is almost more obnoxious than they way they try to make Phyllis a heroine.  

This Phyllis/Diane stuff is already boring as hell, but so far Phyllis is proving to be the more annoying one as usual. MTS really seemed to spark when she laid into Diane earlier in the week. Maybe a feud between them again would be more interesting than Phyllis vs. Diane. Ashland's only redeeming moment this week was with Harrison, other than that, I detest the idea of him hanging around. I don't know how I'd feel if he met Diane, and they started to scheme. Although one angle the show could do is Ashland having an affair with Diane after being routinely rejected by Victoria. Diane either using the affair to piss off the Newmans, to soothe her own bruised ego when no one buys her changed woman act, or as a way to get close to Harrison via his other Dad, when/if Kyle cuts her off. Or a mix of all three. Idk Even if that is a good idea, TIIC would just execute it poorly like everything else. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10