Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Oh, and for anyone who remembers that old SNL skit, the car scenes with Victoria driving reminded me of "Toonces the Driving Cat".  

I think Toonces did a better job of keeping its eyes on the road.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Oh, and for anyone who remembers that old SNL skit, the car scenes with Victoria driving reminded me of "Toonces the Driving Cat".  

Yes! My best friend named her cat “Toonces” - she would make a point of bringing him up in conversations. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Is MTS having back issues because what was with her hunched-over, butt stuck out behind her stance? I was listening for any hint of "Back That Azz Up" being played to explain it.

I wondered the same. My back hurts just watching her. 😫

• Love 12
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Is MTS having back issues because what was with her hunched-over, butt stuck out behind her stance? I was listening for any hint of "Back That Azz Up" being played to explain it.

I always said she has the Mrs Wiggins walk!  (Carol Burnett)

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

I think we all know that mop wasn't responsible for the car accident or any deaths that may result. We all know it was Conner. I've seen movies about children like him. I'm just surprised that it has taken this long for his demonic powers to surface. Now he just needs to learn how to control them. Rey Rey shouldn't have left those tickets in his other jacket.

I’ve been thinking forever that if they ever remake The Omen, that kid would make the perfect Damien!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, boes said:

Does your cat have a podcast, too?

She could have!

"Did you ever have one of those days when the stuffed animals just piss you off & you end up beating the tar out of the bunny one?"...😾

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, xls said:

She could have!

"Did you ever have one of those days when the stuffed animals just piss you off & you end up beating the tar out of the bunny one?"...😾

"...I sat outside the humans bedroom door at three am and howled and howled. The did nothing! I am going to starve to death now..."

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I think a few years back they did mention that she has recurring back issues. She's on record loving when they had her on the ranch riding horses as she could wear her flat boots and loose blouses and pants. And yet they keep putting the poor woman in tight clothes and high heels.  She may not want to start wearing the Bold and Beautiful Stephanie Forrester special (pants suits and sneakers) but there has to be a compromise that allows her to look like a grand dame while not putting her in pain.

Have the Newmans had any deaths/losses in the family to rock them like the Abbotts and other families on the show since Cassie?  Not that I want someone to lose their job but the Newmans keep taking other people out (directly or indirectly) and remain unscathed and it seems like the scales should be tipping back to them to have someone tragically die or be sent to prison.

Of course Ashland was following Victoria and he got a redo of his origin story and this time save Victoria (unlike his poor friend) but poor Rey is the one to pay the ultimate price. Offscreen. This show, LOL.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Of course Ashland was following Victoria and he got a redo of his origin story and this time save Victoria (unlike his poor friend) but poor Rey is the one to pay the ultimate price. Offscreen. This show, LOL.

Oh please, do not tell me they're going to try to redeem Assland.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh please, do not tell me they're going to try to redeem Assland.

Just cos he saved her doesn't means he loves her folks. It's not like he can steal HER name and identity.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

It is tickling me that Victoria's immediate reaction to seeing Ashland was to recoil in horror.

As was Ashland bothering to close the door to the Shack of (Presumed) Vashland Reconciliation that had a ginormous hole through it. 

Adam and Sally continue to be the cutest:

Adam: "Are you trying to cheer me up by telling me my father is ruder to you than to me?"

Sally, with a smile: "Is it working?"

I will say TPTB did a great job with the tension of Sharon being concerned for Rey being delayed. I'll even throw Chelsea a bone here. Wait a minute, no, I won't, because Chelz is just the worst. Queue Sharon lunging for her, shrieking how it's all HER fault for manipulating Rey into taking her and Damien, I mean, Connor, to Chicago.

But wow to Jordi not even getting a final crash victim close-up swan song. So long, Rey-Rey.

• Love 20

Fast forwarded and lots of people on phones checking on the victims or spreading the news. Pillsbury wandering around in the smoky wreckage reminded me of Boris Karloff in Frankenstein, especially when he slung Victoria over his shoulder like road-kill deer. The actors playing Adam and Sally are the only ones bringing any energy to this show for me. At this point I just watch the rest for comic relief and to snark on the fashion.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

If we would have seen Asshat following mop prior to the crash, and known he was following her out of concern for her (or concern for his mark since he may not be finished with his con), all of their scenes would have been more meaningful and emotional, including and especially the Rey reveal. Instead it was a big guessing game watching their scenes. Why can't they show us and tell us the story instead of always having to back-peddle some twisted convoluted explanation. There was no reason they couldn't have done a better job here. They showed Asshat in the car. We're not talking any extra financial expense. And what a pathetic sendoff for Sharin's husband.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, xls said:

Cat Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

So my memory was correct, Toonces was a more attentive driver than Victoria, Lily, Sage, Devon, Ashley, Summer, Cassie, Billy (in the crash w/Adam), whoever hit Delia ...

I'd like to know how Victoria's stilettos remained on her feet & pristine through the accident and Ashland carrying her through the bushes.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 13
  • Love 9

Remind me not to drive through GC because it could be very risky. A car crash kills Cassie, DeDe, Chelsea’s unborn baby, Hilary and Rey. Cars almost kill Paul, Cricket, Devon, Adam 3 times, Chelsea, Faith, Olive, Poppin Fresh, Lily, and Noah.  Did I leave any car incidents out. 

I really hate to pic on TIIC (not) but the staging of the accident is all sorts of wrong. First of all the airbag would still be deployed and a very expensive car would have side airbags. While we are on the subject of bad staging. Connor is wearing a very poor representation of a Blackhawks Jersey. Even a very cheap replica would have the Blackhawk logo on the front. 

I guess TIIC, for dramatic reasons, had to make Poppin Fresh the hero and not Adam this time. Adam has received enough acclaim for being the hero.  

I call 🐂💩on  Poppin Fresh telling Olive the accident was not her fault and I’m sure Poppin Fresh will tell Chance 2.0 the same thing. Blame it on Rey, a trained driver causing the accident while Olive was driving distracted, on the phone (even if it’s hands free), upset and crying.  In addition, Olive should have been using the car’s windshield wipers. 

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Remind me not to drive through GC because it could be very risky. A car crash kills Cassie, DeDe, Chelsea’s unborn baby, Hilary and Rey. Cars almost kill Paul, Cricket, Devon, Adam 3 times, Chelsea, Faith, Olive, Poppin Fresh, Lily, and Noah.  Did I leave any car incidents out. 

I really hate to pic on TIIC (not) but the staging of the accident is all sorts of wrong. First of all the airbag would still be deployed and a very expensive car would have side airbags. While we are on the subject of bad staging. Connor is wearing a very poor representation of a Blackhawks Jersey. Even a very cheap replica would have the Blackhawk logo on the front. 

I guess TIIC, for dramatic reasons, had to make Poppin Fresh the hero and not Adam this time. Adam has received enough acclaim for being the hero.  

I call 🐂💩on  Poppin Fresh telling Olive the accident was not her fault and I’m sure Poppin Fresh will tell Chance 2.0 the same thing. Blame it on Rey, a trained driver causing the accident while Olive was driving distracted, on the phone (even if it’s hands free), upset and crying.  In addition, Olive should have been using the car’s windshield wipers. 

3 car pileup & no one noticed? Even way out in the wilderness smoke &fire (at night ) should have been visible afar 

• Love 21

I am also wondering if the accident was Victoria’s fault; maybe Victor and Ashland will cover it up. Sadly, a badly written police investigation will probably ensue.

What the wardrobe, hair and makeup people are doing to Nicki is almost criminal. My back hurts just looking at her being stuffed into those tight, belted, polyester-looking outfits. The poorly done, half-assed French Twist and make-up that does her no favors. She is a beautiful woman…she could probably wear her own clothes, do her own hair and makeup, and look so much better.

• Love 23

So that's why Victoria had to wear the same dress for weeks on end. TPTB needed to save up their money to do the special effects for the big car accident. Yawn. 🙄

Ashland didn't look bad to me for a guy who just got smacked in the face by an airbag. Barely a scratch on him or a hair out of place.

How many cups of coffee has Nick knocked back today? He started out in the morning at Mariah and Tessa's wedding theme announcement. Now it's apparently early evening since it's dark outside and he's getting even more java. He'll be up all night.

Wow, Sally looked like a 1940s femme fatale, a regular Rita Hayworth for 2022. Put the blame on Mame, indeed.

Victor's crack security team must've been hitting the pipe again, lol. They nodded out and lost their tail on Ashland. 😵

Does Ashland ever talk without gasping or over-emoting? He and Chelsea should get together. They could have contests to see which one of them can suck all the oxygen out of the room first.

Meh, Adam stop making Victoria's misfortune all about yourself. You are not the center of the universe.

It wouldn't take much for me to believe Ashland caused the car accident so he could try to rewrite the narrative of his life. Maybe he suffocated Rey in his wrecked car so Rey couldn't tell what really happened. Meanwhile, he'll let Victoria wallow in the guilt of driving like madwoman through the foggy road conditions. If only she'd kept her bony behind at the office until the weather got better.

I'd like to know how Victoria's stilettos remained on her feet

Heh, it reminded me of Erica Kane on All My Children. She was seen more than once climbing out of bed with her beige high heel pumps on. Like the audience wouldn't notice, ha ha.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8

Does Ashland ever talk without gasping or over-emoting? He and Chelsea should get together. They could have contests to see which one of them can suck all the oxygen out of the room first.

I hear there is a volcano in Hawaii that's a must see.

• LOL 16
20 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I hear there is a volcano in Hawaii that's a must see.

I am not liking his emoting either. He was so much better on Guiding Light. I miss the old Ashland.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Stpauliegirl said:

Random thoughts, wouldn’t you think rich people like Victoria and Ashland would have OnStar? Instead of kicking/pushing at the door for several minutes, why didn’t Ashland exit out the passenger side of his car? He’d have to crawl over the console, but that isn’t hard to do….If Victor was really concerned about Victoria, why didn’t he have his security goons trace the last ping from her cell phone in order to locate her?  I also wanted to know how those stilettos stayed on her feet.

I think Victor's security goons are his invisible friends.

image.png.4fae3c485f798588cadf4dbfb8c0d3ac.png

"That's right dad, you call your "security squad" 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Did I leave any car incidents out. 

I feel like Sharin' was driving and had some sort of accident. But I can't recall any particulars. Oh, didn't Tony Viscardi get hit and killed while he was driving his motorcycle? I think Trisha hit him?

Adam has received enough acclaim for being the hero. 

>snerk<

Edited by SweePea59
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Abby hit Tucker with her car, but that was no accident!

It's all kinds of wrong that they're killing off Rey and blaming him for the accident.  

• Love 18

Part of me thought they were gonna go with Rey playing the hero one last time and save Mop from the burning car but he would somehow manage to get blown up and that Ashland would watch from afar and take all the credit for rescuing Mop. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 13

Just watching Tuesday’s US episode (winter storm in APRIL took out our power yesterday 🙄):

i don’t get it. I know I have heard about RN for years. Though I never watched Guiding Light, he had a good reputation. Yet in the scenes with Victoria ending things AH’s performance is LIGHT YEARS better than his. He just seems so monotone all the time this guy. It does seem like they are angling for his character to stay and I just am not at all looking forward to more of him.

Sorry RN fans..

• Love 10

Of course Assland will go back to the flaming car and get blown up, then Mop will put him on a pedestal that he really did love her, blah blah blah fishcakes...

Oh fuck me! I wrote the above as Assland was running back to the car. I thought for sure he'd get blown up when the car exploded, leaving Mop to canonize him forever.  This guy's like a cockroach, he just won't die! 

But bye Det. Rey Rey. You never did much, but at least you kept Sharon sane for awhile...

ETA: New Assland always looks befuddled and bewildered. He does not exude 'Corporate Magnate' at all. Now OG Assland? Totally gave off that mega rich Captain of Industry vibe.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

OMG, yes. THE most famous car "accident" of all. Mrs. Chancellor and Phillip...

And "Little" Phillip (Chance's father) not-died in a drunk-driving accident. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Ok I’m back having now watched Wednesday’s episode. Iv will give credit to RN that he did much better this episode. I agree with @gingerella that RN’s Ashland often looks befuddled. So maybe now that they seem to want to write him as a “good guy” the character will suit RN’s capabilities better.

Edited by lgprimes
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Does BMW make fully electric vehicles and did Victoria own one?  That slow-burning fire was pathetic.  A gas or hybrid vehicle would have been engulfed in flames, not having flames dance around the hood and gas tank for several minutes.

Weren't Victor's goons following Ashland to make sure he left town?  Why weren't they immediately on the scene of the accident and calling the police? Victor's "security" guys never seem to do anything right, so why doesn't he hire new ones?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 4/19/2022 at 11:23 PM, paisley said:

I loved Toonces..

16 hours ago, Kemper said:

Yes! My best friend named her cat “Toonces” - she would make a point of bringing him up in conversations. 

Loved the joke it was that the people were dumb enough to ride with him

11 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I think a few years back they did mention that she has recurring back issues. She's on record loving when they had her on the ranch riding horses as she could wear her flat boots and loose blouses and pants. And yet they keep putting the poor woman in tight clothes and high heels.  She may not want to start wearing the Bold and Beautiful Stephanie Forrester special (pants suits and sneakers) but there has to be a compromise that allows her to look like a grand dame while not putting her in pain.

6 hours ago, xls said:

3 car pileup & no one noticed? Even way out in the wilderness smoke &fire (at night ) should have been visible afar 

5 hours ago, Kemper said:

I am also wondering if the accident was Victoria’s fault; maybe Victor and Ashland will cover it up. Sadly, a badly written police investigation will probably ensue.

What the wardrobe, hair and makeup people are doing to Nicki is almost criminal. My back hurts just looking at her being stuffed into those tight, belted, polyester-looking outfits. The poorly done, half-assed French Twist and make-up that does her no favors. She is a beautiful woman…she could probably wear her own clothes, do her own hair and makeup, and look so much better.

she was dressed in jeans, a cotton shirt and pigtails and looked 20 yrs younger and way prettier on one show

5 hours ago, rcc said:

I am not liking his emoting either. He was so much better on Guiding Light. I miss the old Ashland.

he has dimples and a tiny nose - sucks for villainy

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I'd have had Ashland get enraged with Adam and have Rey killed by mistake when with Chelsea. Or I liked someone's idea that  Ashland smothered Rey and they find out after Mop gets back with him..

Damn she could run away with him and be hobbling around in that gloomy old chateau re: every lifetime movie "my husband might murder me"

• Love 10
8 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Damn she could run away with him and be hobbling around in that gloomy old chateau re: every lifetime movie "my husband might murder me"

While still wearing that white satin pants outfit.

• LOL 14
12 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Just watching Tuesday’s US episode (winter storm in APRIL took out our power yesterday 🙄):

i don’t get it. I know I have heard about RN for years. Though I never watched Guiding Light, he had a good reputation. Yet in the scenes with Victoria ending things AH’s performance is LIGHT YEARS better than his. He just seems so monotone all the time this guy. It does seem like they are angling for his character to stay and I just am not at all looking forward to more of him.

Sorry RN fans..

I have long ago resigned myself to the belief acting talent does not determine who remains on this show.  It seems to be decided by who the MWT, or long term cast members "like" or don't feel threatened by. IMO this one of the main factors that has turned a once vibrant show into the drag it is now.

• Useful 6
  • Love 8

You all have the most excellent commentary on yesterday's show, nothing much for me to add, other than....

is this the first time we've seen Ashland 2.0 with his suit jacket off?  Is this the first time Victoria has, too?  Romance is certainly NOT in the air with those two, especially since the recast.  I was hoping that after yesterday, Ashland would be nothing more than a memory.

I can't get too worked up about Rey Rey's demise demise, since Show treated him as a Dead Man Walking ever since he got hooked up with Sharon.  Show never seemed to know how to, or interested in, tapping into Jordi's actual talents.  Having him die offscreen fits with how little TIIC ever cared about this character.

And finally, if Sharon is actually distraught about Rey Rey going Bye Bye, will we be able to tell?  Will Connor be really mad he missed the hockey game?  Does this mean Chelsea has to return the goodie bag Sharon packed?  Will Nick realize he's been walking around with his zipper down for the past two days?

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, boes said:

And finally, if Sharon is actually distraught about Rey Rey going Bye Bye, will we be able to tell?  Will Connor be really mad he missed the hockey game?  Does this mean Chelsea has to return the goodie bag Sharon packed?  Will Nick realize he's been walking around with his zipper down for the past two days?

Jesus @boes, give a bitch some warning, I nearly spat hot coffee all over myself, my desk, and my computer! The bolded reads like that SNL skit, The Californians...I can see all of them looking into a mirror, each saying the above, with Nick looking down at his fly...

• LOL 17

The early scenes today with Victoria in her shabby chic post MVA reminded me Coachella was last weekend. Another possibility was AH was trying to channel one of the Olsen twins for her scenes. If Rey was reckless, and truly to blame for the accident, it might cause the MWT to defund the GCPD. We will get an autopsy report so they can r/o that Rey wasn't smothered by the Doughboy. Just like the medical follow-up we got with the baby Dominick bone marrow storyline. Uh huh. When the Doughboy started wittering on about how all this love had changed his life,  I expected him to start singing, "You Must Love Me" like Madonna in Evita. All the drama with the actors displaying so little emotion (some due to their Botox injections, but that's no excuse really) makes for a curious viewing experience to be sure. And so Ashland saved Victoria's life, and they say, Hitler loved dogs.

Edited by Julyolo
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10