Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Crystal is played by the same actor, Morgan Obenreder, but her hair seems to be darker to match Tessa's this time.  Not only do we have Tessa's Crystal and Green Dress Crystal at the Grand Poohbah, we have Christel Khalil who plays Lily.  It must get confusing on set.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 5/13/2022 at 5:12 PM, Waldo13 said:

First things first.  Chrystal is a beautiful young lady and I wish they would let her stay around for a while.  Chrystal would be a fantastic asset to GC. 

As I thought Sally’s over exuberance will be detrimental to Adam’s plan. Sally in talking to Olive has set off Olive’s suspicions nature where everything to her is a conspiracy. The exception is Poppin Fresh where her black heart overruled her nature.  I don’t believe I’m saying this, but Olive’s suspicions nature can be a blessing in business. In business, it’s good that people tell you things but it’s always very wise to understand why they are telling you.  Truthfulness or hidden agenda?  

If Victor would for once look at things on the bright side that he would bought Locke’s empire, which is probably worth more than $500 million, and made a donation to his sons charity endeavor, New Hope.

WTF?  Did I miss a day?  Isn’t today Friday the 13th?  I guess in GC, Monday is Friday the 13th. I was all set to see the wedding today and snark on what everyone was wearing including the Chelsea created wedding dresses.  Bummer. 

It looks like TIIC are hinting towards a murder mystery of who killed Poppin Fresh.  How many hints are being dropped to that end. Too many to be red herrings. 

They had better kill the Doughboy, because if they don't I'm going to self- immolate over my theory that Rey's character was eliminated to keep the Doughboy on. I have a sneaking suspicion the original plan/budget was that the Doughboy was only supposed to be a short-term character. When they dumped RB, and got someone they all "liked", I intuited Rey's demise covered the financial shortfall inherent in letting the Doughboy stay. IMO Rey was literally roadkill to them in their quest to keep the Doughboy poppin' fresh.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Crystal is played by the same actor, Morgan Obenreder, but her hair seems to be darker to match Tessa's this time.  Not only do we have Tessa's Crystal and Green Dress Crystal at the Grand Poohbah, we have Christel Khalil who plays Lily.  It must get confusing on set.

Only for CK Lily.

Edited by SweePea59
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

So, has the lease on the DomBaby run out or what?! Where IS that kid, and why isn't Darvon fawning all over him?! What a great dad he is...and why hasn't Abby said one damn word about this 'shared custody' bullshit to PeePaw or Ashley?

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

So, has the lease on the DomBaby run out or what?! Where IS that kid, and why isn't Darvon fawning all over him?! What a great dad he is...and why hasn't Abby said one damn word about this 'shared custody' bullshit to PeePaw or Ashley?

Shhhhhhh. Just like the MWTs and everyone in GC, we're pretending none of it ever happened. Honestly, I'd like to know why Little Dom Deluise hasn't been at any of the business meetings at Dickvon's apartment. I'm sure he's as qualified as the rest of them. I'd expect Dickvon or Lily to promote him to CFO any day now, if he still existed.

• LOL 12

I think the issue of Dom's custody has been deemed settled by TPTB. No reason to compound the clusterfcukery of that entire surrogacy storyline until Dom is SORASed a bit and can more actively participate in a storyline.

Meanwhile, TPTB might be trying to swat down accusations of racism since it's been stated on another Y&R forum (without documented proof, however) that JV was let go in order to have $$$ keep RN on board. It's alleged that's why so many characters have been singing Rey's praises now that he's dead, as well as why they had Ashland make the $250M donation in Rey's name. In the 3+ years he was a character, Rey never became as sainted as he did after they killed him off.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

IMO, Rey never became sainted while he was active on the show because he was so boring. Every cop I’ve ever known has been dynamic and full of interesting stories and activities. RIP Rey Rey.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

I found it really strange that they needed Rey/JV gone so quickly, that he didn't even get the standard goodbye dead guy scenes.

It seems like something you'd do for guy that got kicked off the set and removed from the building.  I highly doubt that was the case, but if it was acrimonious at all (JV doesn't seem happy about it),  why the over the top push for sainthood after the character's dead?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Rey or Chance mentioned running something by Paul a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if we'll ever see him again? Doug & Melody have been on the show the longest but they treat him like crap.

• Love 14

Paul should have paid Sharin a visit and been the one to explain why everyone from the GCPD was ignoring her and having their own going away party that she wasn't invited to attend. Just another epic fail.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Paul should have paid Sharin a visit and been the one to explain why everyone from the GCPD was ignoring her and having their own going away party that she wasn't invited to attend. Just another epic fail.

I had not thought about some sort of show of respect for a fallen officer. Ray was not killed in the line of duty but still….. Sharon could have talked about a wreath or flowers from the police force.  If the show does not want to bring Paul back, maybe a day player or a brief “stunt casting” would have been called for. For example - stopping in to see Sharon to pay respect from the Force.  Be with her. 

This is kind of in tune for the show not having respect for the viewers. All of the storylines end with a thud - disappearing and not mentioned again. Never a payoff or satisfying conclusion; except for Victoria/Ashland. And this is one story that we would actually like to see go away quickly.

Edited by Kemper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

15 minutes into the show: The makeup on Mariah is so distracting. A shiny sequin in the corners of her eyes? That’s all I can see. Faith and Tessa’s sister (forgot her name) look like hookers. Good gracious me. What is happening on this wedding day?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

15 minutes into the show: The makeup on Mariah is so distracting. A shiny sequin in the corners of her eyes? That’s all I can see. Faith and Tessa’s sister (forgot her name) look like hookers. Good gracious me. What is happening on this wedding day?

Just when I thought I was out... you dragged me back in! Yes, the stylists have gotten heavy-handed with faux lashes lately. So heavy on Allie some days she doesn't look Asian and today Faith's are overly done as well and she is nearly unrecognizable IMO

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Sharon in Fire Engine Red. I know this is a festive occasion, but surely there were maybe other colors/outfits for her to wear? She has always looked good in blues; maybe silver but I think Faith was wearing that hue. The Merry Widow? And yes, Tessa’s sister looked hookerish; and Phyllis! Spray-tanned with popping cleavage. I must admit the clothes and makeup are so over-the-top that I am drawn in - can’t look away in a car accident kind of way. I think that was supposed to be the whole idea?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sharon in Fire Engine Red. I know this is a festive occasion, but surely there were maybe other colors/outfits for her to wear? She has always looked good in blues; maybe silver but I think Faith was wearing that hue. The Merry Widow? And yes, Tessa’s sister looked hookerish; and Phyllis! Spray-tanned with popping cleavage. I must admit the clothes and makeup are so over-the-top that I am drawn in - can’t look away in a car accident kind of way. I think that was supposed to be the whole idea?

It was a 70’s theme.  I don’t remember clothes like this when I was an adult in that decade but do remember blue eyeshadow!

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

It was a 70’s theme.  I don’t remember clothes like this when I was an adult in that decade but do remember blue eyeshadow!

Wasn't blue eye shadow more of a sixties thing?

image.png.da054343069ebd7cfebd88153c966972.png

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

OMG Sharon and Phyllis' dresses. Put them side by side and scream, "Merry Christmas". You are right,  Kemper! So bad.....even Amanda. A new low even for this show. Mariah's dress from the waist down makes her look like a refrigerator, Tessa done up with another one armed bandit dress. So sad. Getting back to the show as a (w)hole, they are renewed thru the 23-24 season, so maybe the MWT are just dialing it in until some sort of undignified demise. Actor JV mentioned by a previous poster, as perhaps persuing  a racial discrimination claim. The current St. Rey tour doesn't help, but only highlights how badly ignored his entire storyline was. Ashland's donation from money obtained as a payoff from the recipient's (Nick) family? Just no. A great love between Victoria and Ashland that had its' origins in deception and fraud? Unbelievable. Other sites reviewing this soap are trashing it too, and the articles read as if lifted right from our forum. Break out the Supremes/Vanilla Fudge song for all of us.....cast, crew, and audience: "You don't really love me, you just keep me hanging on' 

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Started in the 60’s and continued into the 70’s then died off until the 2000’s according to google.  The shadow also went right up to the brows like Christal (sister) was wearing.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Started in the 60’s and continued into the 70’s then died off until the 2000’s according to google.  The shadow also went right up to the brows like Christal (sister) was wearing.  

I'm probably just blanking because of how horrible it looks.

• LOL 10

I refused to watch live today but I did catch a bit of Allie and Noah's introduction to each other. Looks like Noah's going to have his work cut out for him. I think Allie must've gotten a whiff of those Newman playboy vibes. Awww, they're so cute.🥰

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I refused to watch live today but I did catch a bit of Allie and Noah's introduction to each other. Looks like Noah's going to have his work cut out for him. I think Allie must've gotten a whiff of those Newman playboy vibes. Awww, they're so cute.🥰

Dear lord, that was awkward.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

So… I was alive during the 70s, and let me just say that this was a MASSIVE letdown. Seventies clothes were a very specific kind of awkward/sometimes glam and they very much missed the mark. 
Nick was probably closest.. but they needed to go way bigger. Just putting people in random unattractive clothes is not entertaining, and frankly isn’t that different from any other day on this show..

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

So… I was alive during the 70s, and let me just say that this was a MASSIVE letdown. Seventies clothes were a very specific kind of awkward/sometimes glam and they very much missed the mark. 
Nick was probably closest.. but they needed to go way bigger. Just putting people in random unattractive clothes is not entertaining, and frankly isn’t that different from any other day on this show..

I kept expecting Sharon to burst into a stirring rendition of Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

It looked like their theme was 42nd Street in the 70's. And I'm not talking about Broadway.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Did Rodan the Yenta actually challenge Diane to a duel?  Give me Jack or give me death.  Maybe GC was more peaceful without Diane but it was a hell of a lot more peaceful when Rodan the Yenta was in a coma.  

Jack is going to leave Kyle’s decision up to him but is trying to ward off Diane by insinuation. 

Now I know why Noah’s girlfriend broke up with him in London.  She decided that watching paint dry was more exciting.   Noah is also as funny as a fart in an elevator.  Run Allie run. 

To the bright side, even though Mariah and Tessa weren’t in scenes together, they managed to have a few tear jerking moments.  Even Faith, Sharon, and Mariah had one. Tessa’s and Chrystal’s moment was some fun and some sadness. 

I knew that TIIC no way no how would allow Mariah’s and Tessa’s wedding to overshadow Olive’s wedding but I really thought that TIIC would give Mariah and Tessa a better representation of a wedding with a 70’s vibe.  The red herring was sending Mariah and Tessa to the thrift store to seek out 70’s era clothing.  Given Mariah’s and Tessa’s personality, I thought the wedding would be more 70’s fun than 70’s formal.  If they wanted a formal wedding, they could have chose any era. A 70’s vibe wedding would include psychedelic color dresses, peasant blouses, tie dyes, leisure suits, bell bottoms, short skirts and white boots.  In choosing the 70’s vibe, I imagined the wedding would look more like a disco with a lighted dance floor.  The music would be more of the 70’s era than what’s being played. I would have loved to seen Kyle officiating in an Austin Powers velvet suit. Faith looked cute and had the right short hem length but disco balls was to deflect light not to be worn.  It’s looks like Abby, Amanda, and Elena have no idea what is a 70’s look. I’ll give the sequin  dresses a break but don’t get me started on Rodan the Yenta. The only 70’s vibe I got from her was that she looked like the Grinch.  I also imagined all the men in leisure suits.

If Chelsea actually designed the wedding dresses I would be very surprised.  I liked both dresses and how Mariah and Tessa looked in them.  This lead me to believe that Sally must have designed the dresses and and switch the patterns used by the dress makers.  I know the traditional first wedding dress is white but in keeping with a 70’s theme, Mariah and Tessa could have worn beautiful white peasant dresses with a head piece of daisies. 

With all that said, Mariah and Tessa were absolutely stunningly beautiful. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Tessa's pre-wedding hen party was kind of sad with just her and Crystal. Isn't Elena sort of her friend too?

I don't remember Rey giving Sharon his abuela's embroidered handkerchief for their wedding. Hmm. More post mortem tongue baths for Rey...

Noah smiling and insisting he's happy didn't ring quite true to me but whatever. The solution is coming. 🥰

Lol, when gentleman Jack says, "Diane, don't let us keep you" what he means is "Get to steppin', you psycho hosebeast." Poor Phyllis was standing there looking puzzled like, "Wait, I thought that was MY nickname."

Tessa should've known better than to have her wedding dress made by Chelsea. That dress will probably look like it was put together by a bunch of kindergarteners using gift wrap paper and rubber cement, while they were tripping out on cherry Koolaid and candy corn.

Whee, could Allie have been more befuddled by Noah's attempts to act clever? Loved her WTAF expression: "Yeah no, I'm not getting in car with this fool." She couldn't leave the coffeehouse fast enough, hah hah.

OMG, Diane, Kyle is a grown-a$$ man. He doesn't need you being a helicopter mom now after you've spent most of his life playing dead.

I liked Crystal's outfit but she looked like a disco Barbie to me. Then Faith had a very similar look, but more contemporary. She could wear that dress to a club right now. And Sharon, the mother of the bride in red? Oy. The only way it could've been worse is if she'd worn a white dress. Geez, Sharon, stop trying to hog the spotlight.

Okay, Nick's jacket was decent attempt at 70s crushed velvet but Moses didn't even try to follow the theme. Guess he was just happy the writers let him out of the cellar, lol.

IMO Devon, Amanda, Elena, and Nate's outfits = Nope. Not for a 70s glam theme, anyway.

The pattern on Kyle's jacket didn't make sense to me. Was was that, peau de soie? And the color of Phyllis' dress, yeeeeccch. Again with the cleavage. 🙄

Wasn't impressed with Mariah's dress, sorry. It was a very plain style to me. Sort of liked Tessa's dress but not the fabric. And the neon white color of both their gowns was a hard pass for me. Hopefully their reception dresses will be better.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I had a Barbie doll from the seventies that had blue eyeshadow. You could even push a button on the back to make her wink.  So the show might actually be accurate.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Still watching the episode - so far, not bad! - but all these 70 references left me remembering..... Then Waldo13 mentioned the low point of all men's fashion, the leisure suit.....EEK!

In any case, the Do the Hustle music vid encaspulates early 70's fashion pretty perfectly IMO.

Go on, now do the Hustle.  You know you want to.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

If I had to use one word to describe today’s episode, it would be “awkward” (and “glitter” but that’s two words)

Every conversation that took place was awkward including Kyle and Diane.. I felt he was very very rude to her ... then Noah and Ally’s first meeting was Cringeworthy with Abby all of a sudden remembering  she has a nephew

Next on the awkward parade was Tessa and her sister because they were too syrupy for me and then we had Mariah  and her mother and sister and I just felt their whole exchange about “something borrowed something blue” was not done well

Devon and Company were standing there like four morons when Moses and Faith came up to them...there was no conversation just “you look nice, see you on the dance floor”

The less said about Phyllis and that hideous dress, the better

When I looked at Mariah  at the beginning of the episode she had one silver piece of glitter in one eye corner and I had hoped that it would be removed by the next scene but it stayed there through the entire episode

more to say but I will take pity on those reading this missive Lol 

To end this on a somewhat positive note I did like the way the room looked... it was very festive although as all of you have said there was not a 70s vibe in sight except for Nick’s jacket ! 🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

This wasn’t a ‘70’s theme wedding.  It was more Pimps and Hookers, with Sharon looking like the Madam.  My sister said Faith looked like a disco glitter ball or like a silverware holder at a buffet where you walk up and grab a fork and knife. 

Toe rings?  Really Faith?  Beyond weird even with the tiny script. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

This wasn’t a ‘70’s theme wedding.  It was more Pimps and Hookers, with Sharon looking like the Madam.  My sister said Faith looked like a disco glitter ball or like a silverware holder at a buffet where you walk up and grab a fork and knife. 

Toe rings?  Really Faith?  Beyond weird even with the tiny script. 

I could not have said it better myself!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Now I know why Noah’s girlfriend broke up with him in London.  She decided that watching paint dry was more exciting.   Noah is also as funny as a fart in an elevator.  Run Allie run. 

LMAO, this right here.  Dude does not have to explain to *anyone* why he's alone.

I actually thought today was fine, but I'm a sucker for these event episodes where characters mingle and interact.  Top of the Tower is about as a big of a set as we're going to get in this era, and was glad to see it again.  

Laying it on a little thick, Diane.  For someone who's  let her enemies make their own mistakes so far- and pretty successfully, too- it seems like she's overdoing it by going to visit Kyle again so soon. 

Random observation, whoa....Amanda/MM looked really good.  Now dump the twerp, she can do much better.  

• Love 10

So what do you all think Chance was doing here?

Cuz it doesn't look like any dance I'm familiar with.  I hope he's still doing therapy and lots of it.

3 hours ago, JNavarro said:

I actually thought today was fine, but I'm a sucker for these event episodes where characters mingle and interact.  Top of the Tower is about as a big of a set as we're going to get in this era, and was glad to see it again.   

Agreed!  I enjoyed this episode far more than I ever expected to.  Even the sappy scenes, such as Sharon with Mariah and Faith worked for me.  And while I hesitate to admit it, and I fought it HARD, even Nick made me laugh when he walked into Sharon's place.

Could have been a low grade fever, could have been low expectations but I enjoyed the show.

Now as to the supposed 70 theme, THAT was pretty much a bust.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

God help me but I thought SyPhyllis looked good in that lime green lamé gown, though I could have done without her tube sock titties cleavage. 

Those were two of the fugliest bridal gowns I have ever seen. Jesus, costuming really fuxking hates the women on this show don't they?!

Thr daddio slang that Magilla Nickrilla was slinging at Sharon's pre wedding was stupid. It was more 50s that 70s you dolt!

Which brings me to Sharon, who appears to have forgotten her beloved husband just died in a horrible accident. Who writes this shite that they don't even give a grieving new widow time to grieve?! I half expected the MWTs to have the next scene be a groovy swingin' 'Key Party' with Dickokas picking up Sharon's key and they go winking off stage right.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

So what do you all think Chance was doing here?

OMG, I'm over here crying at dawn. That was hilarious! Abby might want to get him an appointment with a neurologist because it looks like he was having some kind of whole body spasm.

Go on, now do the Hustle.  You know you want to.

Actually no, I don't want to. 😉 I've never done the Hustle because I've always thought it was lame, like the plastic spork of dancing. (Also, I know that song came out in 1975 but those clothes in the music video read more like late 60s or very early 70s to me. I think late 70s fashion was flashier and more avant-garde.)

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

OMG, I'm over here crying at dawn. That was hilarious! Abby might want to get him an appointment with a neurologist because it looks like he was having some kind of whole body spasm.

Actually no, I don't want to. 😉 I've never done the Hustle because I've always thought it was lame, like the plastic spork of dancing. (Also, I know that song came out in 1975 but those clothes in the music video read more like late 60s or very early 70s to me. I think late 70s fashion was flashier and more avant-garde.)

I think some of the images were definitely late 60's Saturday Night Fever-like, but as a Chicago Hustle dancer from the very early 70's, it was all very recognizable to me.  I WAS the plastic spork of dancing! (Joimiaroxeu, that's the perfect description!) 

Now somebody pass me those Hawaiian meatballs on a stick and don't stint on the sweet and sour sauce!

But no matter cuz from now on, I'm having whatever Chance is having.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2

I have to admit, I kept watching to see Hair Bag get his groove on. He did not disappoint. Even if it was a blink and you miss it moment. I was really afraid that Mariah would get kidnapped again, by Ian Ward. But I'm glad that didn't happen and they, and we, get to have a purely happy moment. Even with stupid old Diane Jenkins crashing the wedding. Now, recently when Sheila crashed Finn & Steffy's wedding, I was rooting for Sheila. For anyone keeping track of all the times Y&R copycats B&B, here's some more. The whole Sheila returns/Diane Jenkins returns. Crashing a wedding that her son is a part of. I doubt they'll have Diane shoot Kyle, but maybe if we're lucky she'll shoot Dummer.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

I was really afraid that Mariah would get kidnapped again,

Perhaps the J.C. Penney catalog stylists would kidnap both Mariah and Tessa, in search of product for their Memorial Day bed linens catalog.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

OMG Sharon and Phyllis' dresses. Put them side by side and scream, "Merry Christmas".

yJhSAn7.jpg

LgGc9uJ.jpg

Wonder if they called each other the night before to coordinate their outfits? Anyhoo, interesting how (according to Worn on TV) Phyllis is wearing a Halston gown but Sharon's dress from a British ready-to-wear designer costs more than 6X as much. I'm not seeing much difference besides the colors.

Why was Phyllis there anyway? I know she was Jack's plus one but he didn't ask her until a couple of hours before the ceremony. To my awareness Phyllis isn't particularly friendly with either of the brides while she is a long-time enemy of Mariah's mommy. Kinda rude of Phyllis to show up IMO. Jack could've bought Allie instead. (Assuming Allie didn't accompany someone else; I haven't watched today's show yet.)

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Did Rodan the Yenta actually challenge Diane to a duel?  Give me Jack or give me death.  Maybe GC was more peaceful without Diane but it was a hell of a lot more peaceful when Rodan the Yenta was in a coma.  

Jack is going to leave Kyle’s decision up to him but is trying to ward off Diane by insinuation. 

To the bright side, even though Mariah and Tessa weren’t in scenes together, they managed to have a few tear jerking moments.  Even Faith, Sharon, and Mariah had one. Tessa’s and Chrystal’s moment was some fun and some sadness. 

I knew that TIIC no way no how would allow Mariah’s and Tessa’s wedding to overshadow Olive’s wedding but I really thought that TIIC would give Mariah and Tessa a better representation of a wedding with a 70’s vibe.  The red herring was sending Mariah and Tessa to the thrift store to seek out 70’s era clothing.  Given Mariah’s and Tessa’s personality, I thought the wedding would be more 70’s fun than 70’s formal.  If they wanted a formal wedding, they could have chose any era. A 70’s vibe wedding would include psychedelic color dresses, peasant blouses, tie dyes, leisure suits, bell bottoms, short skirts and white boots.  In choosing the 70’s vibe, I imagined the wedding would look more like a disco with a lighted dance floor.  The music would be more of the 70’s era than what’s being played. I would have loved to seen Kyle officiating in an Austin Powers velvet suit. Faith looked cute and had the right short hem length but disco balls was to deflect light not to be worn.  It’s looks like Abby, Amanda, and Elena have no idea what is a 70’s look. I’ll give the sequin  dresses a break but don’t get me started on Rodan the Yenta. The only 70’s vibe I got from her was that she looked like the Grinch.  I also imagined all the men in leisure suits.

If Chelsea actually designed the wedding dresses I would be very surprised.  I liked both dresses and how Mariah and Tessa looked in them.  This lead me to believe that Sally must have designed the dresses and and switch the patterns used by the dress makers.  I know the traditional first wedding dress is white but in keeping with a 70’s theme, Mariah and Tessa could have worn beautiful white peasant dresses with a head piece of daisies. 

With all that said, Mariah and Tessa were absolutely stunningly beautiful. 

Yes, thank you……..and no faux tan necessary.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

No Kyle this is not going to be the funkiest, grooviest, most bad ass wedding because than it would over shadow Olive’s wedding 10 fold.  As I expected, playing up to Tessa as a song writer, TIIC wrote better vows for Tessa. Mariah’s vows, although great, did fall a little short of Tessa’s. All in all, Mariah is stunning and Tessa is stunningly beautiful.  When they interact, I always get the feeling it’s more a natural affection for each other and no real acting is required. 

There so many 70’s songs that come to mind that should have been played at the wedding if TIIC where going to give Mariah and Tessa a real 70’s vibe.  But alas, TIIC are too cheap to pay the royalties. 

Love:

The Carpenters- “We’ve Only Just Begun”

Bee Gees - “To Love Somebody”

Johnny Mathis - “12th of Never” 

Dance:

Bee Gees - “Staying Alive”

Bee Gees - “Night Fever”

Donna Summer - “Hot Stuff”

Village People - Y.M.C.A

First impression of Summer 2.0 is positive. Summer 2.0 seems to be more mature, more grounded, and friendlier.  Oh, I almost forgot, more articulate. The question though is Summer 2.0 still a snowflake?  Loved Mariah’s way of thanking Summer 2.0. 

Can Rodan the Yenta be any ruder by looking at her cell phone during the wedding. I’m surprised Diane didn’t turn to stone when Rodan the Yenta glared at her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13