Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

So are we to assume the last time a baby was christened on this show is when Nick was born? Yikes.

Wow, they're already fudging on the Tater story. Chance didn't so much as agree on Devon and Mariah's roles in the surrogacy as he wasn't told until it was a fait accompli. At that point it didn't really matter whether he was okay with it or not. 😐

Despite all those lines he had, Day Player Minister didn't get a name, or at least the closed captioning didn't show one. Hmm.

So is there household staff at the Chancellor mansion? Wonder who cleaned up the broken glass when Mariah dropped her drink? 🤔

Huh, they're making it sound like something worse is going to happen with Mariah.

I can't with Abby, standing there with her mouth hanging open when Mariah was pouring her heart out. FFS, Abby should never have have asked Mariah to be her surrogate, the OB-GYN should not have approved it, and Sharon should've talked Mariah out of it because with her training she should've known the emotional peril. AFAIC the whole thing with Stitch was just an extra factor, not the cause of Mariah's current state. Ugh, I still hate this storyline so much. 😕😕😕

Re the previews: $3 million? Pshht, that's a down payment. Whoever the guy is he'll be hitting Ashland up for more money forever. Guess Ashland will either have to kill him or lock him away in a dungeon. 😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Great performance by CG today. Not just the end scene but the beginning when she is talking with Tessa. You could kind of tell she is putting on a brave face for Tessa and it was enough that it seemed to convince Tessa that she was doing better. But as soon as Tessa got up and left the table her whole expression/demeanor changed. 

Regarding the previews, I am worried Mariah wanting to have a baby with Tessa is going to cause trouble with their relationship. Just not sure how.

On a couple of shallow notes, Tessa has really been looking amazing lately. Also wow Sally in her workout attire. 

• Love 16

Regarding the previews, I am worried Mariah wanting to have a baby with Tessa is going to cause trouble with their relationship. Just not sure how.

I'm afraid of that too. The one decent relationship (except Victoria and Ashland) and TIIC are gonna blow it up. SMFH.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I’m wondering if MTS has mirrored her character and had a bit of a drinking problem that has changed her voice. In that flashback, Nikki had a very sweet voice. Now her voice is more gravely. Drinking can do that to you but the benefit of the doubt goes to the aging process.  

I often felt that MTS played up the little girl voice in her early days of Y&R (and it worked for her character and SLs), and as the years have gone by she's gradually returned to her natural speaking voice.

An irregular rapid heart beat in the upper chamber of the heart effecting the atrium is called atrial fibrillation and referred to as AFib.  Most commonly can be controlled by monitoring and medication, but in GC, either Natey Nate Nate or Elena will become a cardiologist and or heart surgeon.

Is there any doubt? But first Dr Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate Nate Nate has to miraculously have the use of his wounded paw restored for surgery ... Why not?

And Rev. Darvon has promised Hillary 2.0 he will do what ever is necessary to have Naya's health restored, so it's a lock for a Christmas Miracle episode.

God bless us everyone.

<blerg>

Of course Abby, the selfish one, hires a nanny on the spot without anyone’s input. Just a strong feeling and not even a call to previous employees.

Considering TIIC didn't show us the hiring process, we are to assume that Abby used a reputable employment service to do the standard background/vetting process.

All the feelz were provided by Abby.

Come on writers, can you please call what’s going on in Mariah’s mind as PTSD mixed with postpartum blues. Mariah is suffering from the trauma of being held captive and the hormonal change after giving birth. It’s my own feeling that pumping breastmilk and not breastfeeding is contributing to Mariah’s mental state. Mariah breastmilk is being used but Mariah is not feeling the joy of the suckling baby she gave life.  By Abby insisting on breastmilk, she is being selfish, insensitive, and cruel.  I’m not against breastfeeding but it would have been more warranted if Abby was doing the breastfeeding. 

Mariah explained it best; everything in her screams to mother Bowie and it physically hurts not to act as his mother. 

Leaving is the best course of action. Abby's plan to keep Mariah and Bowie together but separate, was foolish. If Abby must have Bowie on breastmilk, contact the La Leche League to buy collected breastmilk, and let Mariah dry off so those hormones can stop contributing to her PTSD.

What surprised me was that Nina and Ashley know exactly what it's like to have their baby taken from them, yet only Ashley acknowledged Mariah's torment. Jack had compassion, but thinks Mariah can bury her sadness in work like he pretends to do.

After Mariah ran out of the house, why didn't someone call Sharon to let her counselor-ship know Mariah was having an emotional crisis? After all Sharon's the only concierge counselor available to fuck up an emotional situation in Wisconsin ... Silly me. Sharon was licking her wounds after being outed as a fraud by Connor. 

Rev. Darvon of the Church of the Magic 8 Ball was utterly useless in helping Mariah. He couldn't even help her take her bags out to the car. What a Putz.

Question:  Not being a Christian, I’m trying to decide if the baptism was performed by a Catholic Priest because of his collar and robes.  Was he a Catholic Priest?  TIIC didn’t mention any specific religion only in God’s Church as a Christian. 

Have no fear, Waldo. There was no official Roman Catholic sacrament demonstrated, and scant Christian rigmarole either. The minister is another interwebs member of the Church of the Magic 8 Ball, Rev. Darvon presiding.  

I know it’s all make believe but for filthy rich people, that was one heck of a cheap ass christening party. No food, no decorations, no commemorative party favors, etc.  You would think that TIIC would find some way to at least dress up a doll in christening outfit which would be costly in Abby’s style. 

It was a little cheap-looking, but in keeping with the budgetary constrains of Y&R for the last 4 years -- Perhaps using the church window backdrop, baptismal font and day player minister is all we should expect.  There were champagne glasses and wine bottles of ginger ale, the cupcakes did a drive by.

<shrug>

So much for the sanctity or well wishes of a baptism.

When I read in the episode description that Mariah makes a heart breaking decision I got a very bad feeling that Mariah and Tessa where going to break up   for Mariah to have time alone. But than I realized that in some small area of the TIIC’s small heart, they would not break up the only truest and lovable couple in GC.  Than it hit me that Mariah could be moving out with Tessa because Mariah can’t cope with being Bowie but NOT “being” with Bowie.  I’m so happy that’s Mariah’s heartbreaking decision and Mariah giving us a master class in acting. For me there is nothing wrong with giving a person their own special nickname and sometimes that nickname is transferred to other people calling that person by their nickname.  I have a nickname that one of my grandchildren gave to me and now all my grandchildren and children call me by my nickname.  It’s not important for me to be called Father, Dad, or Grandpa. To me be called by my nickname is more endearing.

Only a moron would break up Mariah and Tessa; they're so good together. Besides they're the only lesbians on Show. One would have to leave town, and the other retrun to hetro-status in order to keep the couples parade marching on, or some nonsense like that.

Give on the nickname Waldo.

Talking about master classes in acting, we also have distractors to distract us from their bad acting. Nostrils has his nose, Banana Breath has his snarl, Rodan has her animation and arm waving, Summer has her lips, Kyle has his hair, Rey has his smugness, Sharon has her dead eyes, and Olive has her eyebrows.  I’m not going to pick on Faith and Moses because they are basic newcomers and have time to improve. 

It's too bad TIIC have to turn everything into a crisis or bomb detonation, but Camryn Grimes was wonderful. Her pacing and emotional control saved her final scene from becoming a maudlin mess of whining and crying. You could feel her primal loss in every pause she took in the dialog.

Other than Peter Bergman, there's no one on Show that come close to her emotional depth, talent and skill.

Emmy reel.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm afraid of that too. The one decent relationship (except Victoria and Ashland) and TIIC are gonna blow it up. SMFH.

I don’t believe for one New York minute that this “relationship” between Victoria and Ashland is the real deal. Of course, I’ve never believed that any relationship Vic has had with another man is real because she’s just a bad actress and cannot sell herself to me in any role. She just says her lines and waits until the other actor says his/her lines and then she says her lines, etc, etc, etc. I don’t care if she marries the love of her life after knowing him for two months. After watching these past 3-4 months, I’m not sure if the writers can even come up with any story that will make me care about any of these people.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Please! My mother has A-Fib. She had a pacemaker put in about 7 years ago and is on blood thinners. So are many, many other people. Sure it’s dangerous and can be deadly if untreated. But that’s why we have regular check ups with a doctor. To find these issues before they become more serious. I hope we’re not going to get a ‘medical lesson’ about it. I don’t trust the show to do it right. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, TVForever said:

Okay, I'm fuzzy on the details of Abby's birth. I know that Brad was Abby's father for most of her childhood (not just by marriage, we all actually thought Brad was her father), but was Victor actually there when she was born?

And what a shame that Show has had Abby completely disregard that Brad was her first father. The simple gesture of including Carlton among Dominic's many, many names would have been a nice nod to that history.

And Mariah deciding to move out wasn't shocking to me; it's the way it should have been all along. Under the best of circumstances, the surrogate mother should step back so she can start to separate and the new mother can start to bond. Isn't psychological counseling supposed to be an ongoing part of all of this?

I forget about her birth specifically, but it was the conception where the hijinxs happened. Victor has his...er, seed in storage, Diane Jenkins (Kyle's mom)  wanted Victor's child for Reasons, but Ashley had beaten her to the punch and the sample she'd switch Victor's with happened to be Jacks's. Brad was in every way that matters Abby's father but somehow Abby overheard this and told Victor as a young child. It wasn't until Naked Heiress!Abby hit the scene that they Star Wars: Special Edition'd the shit out of her history with Brad (which is loathe some, as you pointed out).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

somehow Abby overheard

Ashley had breast cancer and didn't think she'd survive. She made a confession video telling Abby who her real father was but Abby wasn't supposed to see it until she was much older. Abby either overheard Ashley making the tape or she watched the video later on her own, I don't remember. Eventually Abby spilled the beans to Victor what she had heard.

Tessa will probably realize that the baby Mariah wants would be a consolation prize for her "loss" of Bowie. She might be against the idea for that reason or simply because it's too soon for Mariah to be getting pregnant again. Either way, I just hope Mariah isn't planning to ask Devon to be her sperm donor so Bowie could have a sibling.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

They usually address religion in a general way on soaps. I remember Guiding Light having a hot priest. And on this show, poor, forgotten Paul's brother was a priest. Guiding Light on the radio had a religious start. 

I was trying to remember christenings on Y and R and couldn't. I googled and found baby Sully/Christian and baby Faith when both babies had their "fake" mothers(Sharon and Ashley). Incidentally, Faith's middle name was Colleen. 

And a recapper described who Ashland was talking to in the preview as an older man. I'm gonna be goofy and say because of the names, Ashland and Ashley are twins separated at birth. lol 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

What is it? We're all friends here, we promise not to tease.

They call me Grumps. It comes from the muppet character Statler because my family says I share his cantankerous opinions.  Since they could not find any Statler t-shirts to be taken on family Disney Cruise, they bought me Grumpy t-shirts and a Grumpy Hat. Grumpy was shortened to Grumps (a take on Gramps).   Those t-shirts and hat have become a tradition for being worn on family vacations. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

They call me Grumps. It comes from the muppet character Statler because my family says I share his cantankerous opinions.  Since they could not find any Statler t-shirts to be taken on family Disney Cruise, they bought me Grumpy t-shirts and a Grumpy Hat. Grumpy was shortened to Grumps (a take on Gramps).   Those t-shirts and hat have become a tradition for being worn on family vacations. 

OMG! That's adorable. My son used to call my dad Cramps. Kids are so funny.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

Incidentally, Faith's middle name was Colleen. 

Given Colleen was murdered the same day Faith was born, that's not surprising.

EDIT: Faith was also assumed to be Ashley's baby at the time, but considering how close Sharon was to Brad, I doubt she minds.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, lgprimes said:

I know cozying up to Conner is just a plot device to get Sally in Adam’s good graces, but could that story about getting ice poured on her head possibly be more irrelevant to Conner’s situation?? Any real life kid over age 8 would have just given her an eye roll.

Any real life kid wouldn't calmly sit there and have a conversation like he was 70.

9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Not me. I thought the hairdo made it worse. She looked to me like she was going to bring a tray of homemade brownies to the local suburban key party in 1975.

Exactly what I was thinking! She really was giving off a key party vibe.

7 hours ago, TVForever said:

And what a shame that Show has had Abby completely disregard that Brad was her first father. The simple gesture of including Carlton among Dominic's many, many names would have been a nice nod to that history.

Especially when they're making a big deal about family not having to be blood.

6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

CG just killed today! I didn't have my glasses, who was extorting Ashland for 3 mil there in the previews?

That man is mop's next love interest.

On 9/16/2021 at 9:52 PM, SiouxB said:

Not only are you fabulous for bringing up Arnold Ziffel, you made me miss seeing him ....so I turned on Green Acres tonight and there he was ....& a big part of the plot.... oh my God !!!!!❤️

Arnold is a much more nuanced actor than ButtBiscuit.

• LOL 9
  • Love 9

Jack often has really good insights on other people that he can't ever use on himself- except for the Sharon as a trained professional comment.  Yeah...she's certainly trained in something.  But otherwise, he seemed to get more than any of the others what was about to go down with Mariah.  

I'm not sure what Abby or anyone else could do in that situation.  You offer any way to help, and then let the other person talk.  There's no way out at that stage of things- the only thing that's going to "help" is the type of relationship Mariah is explaining that she wants, and that's not happening.  

Caitlyn Fairbanks is such a good actress, and she's looking phenomenal.  Just like CG, she's got a natural on screen charisma and you just want to watch every scene she's in.  

LMAO at that flashback with Victor and Nikki.  Baby Nick growing up to be a man?  Still waiting on that one.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10

Given Colleen was murdered the same day Faith was born, that's not surprising.

I was curious about that and did some research because I thought it would be unusual for YR to have two eventful things like that tied together and it never be mentioned later. According to various sources Faith was born on September 30 and Colleen died on October 5. Colleen had drowned and had been a coma. She was eventually declared brain dead and was removed from life support. So Colleen was hovering around death when Faith arrived but she wasn't quite there yet.

Bringing this back to Brad--Colleen's father--I'd really like Traci to say something lowkey snarky to Abby about her not including Carlton in Dominic's list of names. For the formative years of Abby's young life Brad was her father too. However, now the show is acting like Victor knew from the day she was born that he was her father. They've completely white-washed how Abby was the product of Ashley's sperm bank robbery. What's that all about?

• Useful 4
  • Love 17
17 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Jack often has really good insights on other people that he can't ever use on himself-  

The perfect Prince Charming ... er ... Smilin' Jack is a bore. But a Flawed Hero is someone to root for. We keep hoping Jack will recognize the pitfalls of his character and save himself. In Jack's case, he's getting a little long in the tooth to be this blinkered.

except for the Sharon as a trained professional comment.  Yeah...she's certainly trained in something.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4766ay7kmf2cdrm8kpfv

But otherwise, he seemed to get more than any of the others what was about to go down with Mariah. 

It's not unusual for unhappy people to recognize the misery in others.

In Jack's case he saw her pain, but didn't think to call Sharon to make a latte and deliver it to Mariah.

I'm not sure what Abby or anyone else could do in that situation.  You offer any way to help, and then let the other person talk.  There's no way out at that stage of things- the only thing that's going to "help" is the type of relationship Mariah is explaining that she wants, and that's not happening.  

Abby (and TIIC) could have gone through a counselor specializing in surrogates and infertility to assist and warn about the fantasy world Abby thought would happen when she asked her friends to donate their sperm and uterus so she could cure her Baby Rabies.

I honestly believe Abby reasons for procuring Bowie from Rev. Darvon and Mariah were to rid herself of her neurotic fears of being left alone after Chance married her then left on his mission to save the world from democracy.

A baby gives Abby someone she loves to hold on to when the nights get long and the uncertainty of Chance's safety nags at her. 

Caitlyn Fairbanks is such a good actress, and she's looking phenomenal.  Just like CG, she's got a natural on screen charisma and you just want to watch every scene she's in. 

CF has learned a lot and sharpened her acting skills by being coupled with CG. I always thought she was a beautiful woman, but her grooming and stage makeup are perfect for her complexion, and wardrobe is keeping it simple and sleek.

LMAO at that flashback with Victor and Nikki.  Baby Nick growing up to be a man?  Still waiting on that one.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47f06nmk2d7vva89tbhv

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

The surrogate story bugs me because its supposed to be women who already have children that act as a surrogate. Abby is such a selfish and clueless woman. 
I can see Devon wanting that baby down the road as well but that will probably happen when Chance returns.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

The surrogate story bugs me because its supposed to be women who already have children that act as a surrogate. Abby is such a selfish and clueless woman. 
I can see Devon wanting that baby down the road as well but that will probably happen when Chance returns.

What happens if Chance returns to this ready-made family created with Abby's egg and Rev. Darvon's sperm and isn't as enthusiastic about Bowie as Abby planned he should be?

Chance may come home with psychological issues after resurrecting St. Jude or staging a successful coup in Venezuela, and not capable of reading Pat the Bunny or soothing a teething infant. He might be resentful that Abby charged forward with her expectations and demands and never thought how it might affect him to give his name to a stranger's child; Rev. Darvon is not Chance's close friend.

I have a feeling Mariah's PTSD/Baby Blues is just the start of a long litany of disappointments for Abby's Happy Family scenario. Abby forcing Bowie into existence will generate more problems and hurt feelz than she planned. Expecting a baby to fix all the insecurities Abby harbors without Chance and family life romanticism is a heavy load for Bowie to carry.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

Cupid Stunt...your post is spot on about everything that is wrong with this entire storyline.  It has been terrible;, and insulting to the entire surrogate process.  At this point I wish the entire thing would go away.  

Shallow end of the pool but I forgot one of the most clueless of all.  Sharon.  The actress cannot help that the writing is terrible; but she is not up to the task.  She has two expressions:  smiling face and puzzled, vacant stare face.  She is so bad that I almost prefer Phyllis; who can always be compared to watching a train wreck of a windmill.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Bad editing choice to cut to Abby wiping the non-existent tears from her eyes while Mariah was explaining her heartbreak. 
The Abby actress is so inferior to CG that it momentarily took me out of the scene as I laughed at that. Couldn’t they at least have thrown some glycerine drops on her cheeks?

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 9/18/2021 at 4:42 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

Abby (and TIIC) could have gone through a counselor specializing in surrogates and infertility to assist and warn about the fantasy world Abby thought would happen when she asked her friends to donate their sperm and uterus so she could cure her Baby Rabies.

I don't disagree, but one detail regarding the donor...Devon was the one who bizarrely volunteered himself as the Splooge donor.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Is that why Rev, Darvon is Abby's rock?

In that case, Devon should be thanking his lucky stars that Abby didn't decide to play "Rock, paper, scissors" with his offering.

Ouch!

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Question:  Not being a Christian, I’m trying to decide if the baptism was performed by a Catholic Priest because of his collar and robes.  Was he a Catholic Priest?  TIIC didn’t mention any specific religion only in God’s Church as a Christian. 

They've always been a little coy with religion of the main families on this show. The exception being the Williams family = working class Catholics (Patty and Paul's brother is a priest, Father Todd) but over the years they have seemed to imply the Abbotts are Catholic too? I remember that topic coming up in the boards when Colleen died..Father Todd was around a lot and Patty actually spoke to him in confession but he didn't know it was his sister....

The Chancellors were Protestant (Brock became a pastor) but Father Todd did reside over Katherine's funeral.  When they've done religious moments with the Winters family they are  presented as Protestant (African-American church) as well. I remember Mamie went to a different church than the Abbotts.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 8
  • Love 4

So...

Is Show done with Amanda's family now? I was looking forward to seeing the new characters integrated into Genoa City, but it seems like thy're all gone now. I haven't seen them in a while.

Anybody know the scoop there?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Sharon - eyes on your own husband. 

She's so jealous, it turned her dress green.

Stop worrying about Sally and whether or not she's interested in Adam.

Because again, you are MARRIED.

And Rey, the chump, just plays along as if it's totally fine, that his wife is more interested in Adam's love life than her own husband.

If Rey were a mood, he'd be this:

dog-dogs.gif

And really, Sharon, calling Sally a gold digger?

You, of all people, should know that's some kind of bullshit.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

seemed to imply the Abbotts are Catholic too?

I think the Abbotts are Episcopalian and that it was an Episcopal priest who performed Tater's christening. The Episcopalian church has some symbolic and practical similarities to Catholicism which play well in a visual medium. And TPTB don't have to worry about certain problematic real life issues currently associated with the Catholic church.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

You know that Progressive Insurance commercial where people change into their parents after buying a home?  Well I turned into my mother where she was an avid watcher of soap operas. My mother and her sister would discuss soap opera characters like they were real people. I thought it strange until I became an avid watch of Y&R but I’m invested in characters, as real people because, in real life, they are real people that I’ve known over the years.  I’ve met mostly all of them from business and social gatherings. Im pissed off at myself for actually taking this crap so seriously or is it because I like snarking so much?  Go figure. 

Why in the world are you discussing Connor with Mrs Chipmunk?  Why are you giving any ammunition to Mrs Chipmunk that can be used against Adam?  I’m sure you were told that Mrs Chipmunk is Chelsea’s best friend. 

Natey Nate Nate is going to come up with a list of the best doctors to treat Amanda’s mother.  Naty Nate Nate is such a wonderful doctor that thinks he knows better than the doctors that are already treating Amanda’s mother. 

Chelsea if it was so important for you to be there when Adam told Connor that his mother and father were not getting back together, than you could have come back to GC, for a day, for that conversation. Instead of doing that you rather bitch and complain about Adam taking control. No Chelsea, you were the one taking control by delaying the conversation that needed to be had. 

It’s surprising that you can actually read Sharon’s face in the fact that Connor probably related to Sally a lot more that he relates to her.  No wonder Sharon is wearing green today. It’s matching her complexion as she’s become more and more jealous of Sally. I’m pretty sure Rey noticed that also. 

It’s not to often, but I have to give the writers kudos for yesterday’s Mariah’s and Bowie’a breakup scene and today’s scenes with Mariah and Tessa.  Mariah’s acting was Emmy worthy and Tessa’s acting was top notch. Love their facial expressions in showing their true love for each other.  

• Love 16

It’s not to often, but I have to give the writers kudos for yesterday’s Mariah’s and Bowie’a breakup scene and today’s scenes with Mariah and Tessa.  Mariah’s acting was Emmy worthy and Tessa’s acting was top notch. Love their facial expressions in showing their true love for each other.  

They need a big s/l now, dammit!

• Love 9

Also, Sharon listens to her daughter, her voice breaking, as she tells her she’s “not ok” and that she and Tessa are moving out of Casa Chancellor, which is not as simple as “moving out,” and instead of offering to have her come over or even better, offering to come get her clearly in pain child and comfort her, it’s “ok, I understand but I’m here for you, whenever you want to talk. You can count on me. I just want to support you through it.” 

Then instead of flirting with Adam and trying to make inroads with HIS kid, why not get your ass over to your own child’s side? 

And then her flip comment to Adam about her plans changing and she can talk now - dafuq? Mother of the Year right there.

• Love 15

I see you, Sharon, in your bodycon dress trying to compete with Sally. You've still got that 50-ish year-old droopy derriere though. 😼

Oh, Adam, forcing twisted truths on your kid in support of Sharon is not the way you want to go. Connor may have behaved badly toward Sharon but he is crystal clear on his view of her. You're the one who's choosing not to see things as they are with you and her. Connor is likely going to resent you in a big way because of this.

Sharon helped Chelsea? How? By chasing her man right in front of her and sending her to the loony bin? Shut up, Adam! So stupid you are, says Yoda.

Sally, you're looking kinda clueless over there. You really don't want to be shading Chelsea while you're also talking up Adam. And Adam is hardly a struggling single dad. He lives on the Newman ranch where Connor's wealthy grandparents and various domestic staff are also tending to his son's upbringing.

And speaking of looking clueless, FFS, Abby. You might as well have "the world revolves around me" tattooed on your forehead. How did you manage to work things so that Mariah apologized TO YOU? AFAIC she's the one owed an apology for the way you took advantage of her generosity in a way that was predictably harmful. Ugh. 🤨

I don't get Connor bemoaning his fate as the child of parents who aren't together. Chelsea and Adam have been broken up before. This isn't new for him. 🤔

Countdown to when Sharon starts trying to turn Connor away from Sally with some deft application of her therapy mumbo jumbo. Or when she calls Chelsea and tells her Sally is trying to use Connor to get Adam.

Lol, Sharon, how unself-aware are you? At least half of GC was like, "WTF, do you hear yourself right now?" The main reason Nikki hated you all those years was because she realized your golddigging skills were better than hers. You are so jealous of Sally you could go as the Wicked Witch of the West for Halloween with no body paint at all.

Huh, is Abby finally getting it wrt Mariah or does she simply excel at creating cognitive dissonance? Poor Tater. He's probably already trying figure out how to walk so he can get out of there. 🙄

Amanda already pretty much lives at Devon's penthouse. Guess she could save money on whatever Phyllis is charging her at the hotel. But then she'd have to deal with Moses every day. 😒

• Love 14
15 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

You know that Progressive Insurance commercial where people change into their parents after buying a home?  Well I turned into my mother where she was an avid watcher of soap operas. My mother and her sister would discuss soap opera characters like they were real people. I thought it strange until I became an avid watch of Y&R but I’m invested in characters, as real people because, in real life, they are real people that I’ve known over the years.  I’ve met mostly all of them from business and social gatherings. Im pissed off at myself for actually taking this crap so seriously or is it because I like snarking so much?  Go figure. 

I have a neighbor that thinks The Walking Dead is a documentary, and hopes Norman Reedus' character Daryl Dixon will come to LA and hunt the zombies she's seen shopping at Walmart... She might have a point about the shoppers at our local Wally World. 

I want to be invested in Y&R characters, but it's tough these last couple of years; the writing has been atrocious. I'm all in on Mariah and Tessa, and have hope for Sally even if she's with Atonal. The rest of the crowd are either boring, annoying, hopelessly ruined, have feet of clay or are incapable of independent thinking/acting and are useless (I'm looking at you, Sharon and Darvon).

Why in the world are you discussing Connor with Mrs Chipmunk?  Why are you giving any ammunition to Mrs Chipmunk that can be used against Adam?  I’m sure you were told that Mrs Chipmunk is Chelsea’s best friend. 

Sally knows Chloe is keeping Chelsea informed about what's up with Atonal and Connor, so she's keeping her encounters with Atonal and Con open and light-hearted. Though I do agree that Sally could be setting herself up for trouble once Chelsea returns. It's not as if Chelsea isn't seesawing between trying to work things out with Atonal and being angry with him for telling Con they're bust. Chloe isn't a neutral party in her opinion of Atonal, and wants Chelsea to back far away from him -- Though how Chelz is supposed to do that by working for Newman Media is not clear. 

Natey Nate Nate is going to come up with a list of the best doctors to treat Amanda’s mother.  Naty Nate Nate is such a wonderful doctor that thinks he knows better than the doctors that are already treating Amanda’s mother.

Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate Nate Nate didn't make a cold call to Hillary 2.0; she was in a panic and went to him for advice. He might have asked if Naya had been given a recommendation, but that's not how this Health Emergency story is playing out. Hillary 2.0 is going to be demanding and hysterical, and everyone is going to have to put up with her lunacy.

She's already demonstrated the inability to do any research on Naya's condition (entirely in Hillary 2.0s wheelhouse), and has decided to lean on the side of overreaction and inflate the situation to get what she wants done for her mother.

Chelsea if it was so important for you to be there when Adam told Connor that his mother and father were not getting back together, than you could have come back to GC, for a day, for that conversation. Instead of doing that you rather bitch and complain about Adam taking control. No Chelsea, you were the one taking control by delaying the conversation that needed to be had. 

Chelsea wanted to renegotiate her last agreement with Atonal when she left to care for Anita that she and Atonal would try to get back together (should have thought about that before you plotted to poison Rey Rey and have Atonal blamed for it).

Chelsea's all over the place with Atonal. She swings back and forth with what she says she wants from him; right now she upset because he used Sharon to help him explain the break up to Connor. I don't blame Chelsea for being bent with Sharon being their Child Psychology For Dummies negotiator when she's been between Chelz and Atonal from day one.

Peculiar that the whole point of going to Sharon was to make the situation easier for Connor to understand and accept, and he immediately recognized that Sharon was an antagonist in his parent's relationship, and called them both hypocrites.

So today Con is dragged back to apologize for telling the truth, and forced to talk with Sharon, with a convenient sugar bribe to smooth the way.

It's very funny that Atonal is thought to be a capable business man, adept at planning and plotting failed revenge scenarios, and yet he gets pushback from Connor telling him the bad news and has to run to the town concierge counselor to bail him out. When the going got tough, Atonal turns to Sharon to lead him through his blind spot with an underage human. Atonal Adam is an insecure milquetoast.

It’s surprising that you can actually read Sharon’s face in the fact that Connor probably related to Sally a lot more that he relates to her.  No wonder Sharon is wearing green today. It’s matching her complexion as she’s become more and more jealous of Sally. I’m pretty sure Rey noticed that also. 

Sharon is filled animosity and jealousy that Sally is friendly with Atonal and Conner. Sally has an easy way of relating to Con; she's interested in him, funny and is the rare adult that admits her mistakes -- the exact opposite of all the mendacious adult's he's surrounded.

Sharon was offered up to talk to Con, which he eventually rejected because Atonal and Sharon were lying to him about why his parent's were breaking up and Sharon's involvement. The second time was to force Connor to accept Atonal (and Sharon's) version of what is to come. I thought it was inconsistent that Atonal wasn't involved in their discussion ;explaining that Chelsea would live in the condo and Con would split his time between there and the Ranch, and that his parent's would always love and care for him blah blah blah.

It's pathetic to listen to the lie that children are resilient and roll with change, when it's constantly demonstrated that that childhood traumas carry over into adult depression, misbehavior, criminality, alcohol and drug use.

Camryn Grimes is carrying every minute of those scenes on her very capable shoulders. Cait Fairbanks has been splendid in her supporting role.

I am concerned that Mariah's come to the conclusion that what will fill her loss of Bowie is another child. That's a very scary scenario for a woman that's looking for a new place to live, not returning to work and in the throws of PTSD/postpartum depression.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

t's pathetic to listen to the lie that children are resilient and roll with change, when it's constantly demonstrated that that childhood traumas carry over into adult depression, misbehavior, criminality, alcohol and drug use.

So that's what's wrong with Every One on the show.

On 9/19/2021 at 9:42 PM, JNavarro said:

I don't disagree, but one detail regarding the donor...Devon was the one who bizarrely volunteered himself as the Splooge donor.  

I still hope that Bowie turns out to be a Stitch baby. 

5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

They need a big s/l now, dammit!

Terriah could be good BUT not another baby-rabies story. Maybe Tessa could turn to Noah for a shot of jizz

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

Just have to comment on Mariah's last 2 outfits she's worn.  I was smitten.  I am a big fan of Pre Raphaelite paintings, and she looked liked she just stepped out of one.  They even had her hair right for the look !!!!  She was EXQUISITE !!  I am SO impressed how she could be such a perfect model for an artist TODAY who wanted to experiment with the genre. CG never ceases to amaze !!

Edited by Valmarmar
spelling and finishing a word.
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, tinderbox said:

What is up with Sharon’s inflated lower lip?  Yowza! 

It goes right along with her inflated ego.  Too bad nothing seems to make her any smarter.  Is there a shot for that?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 14

I find a portrait of yourself in your own office is very self serving and the sign of a very very large ego not to mention narcissism.  It’s one thing to have a mirror to look at your reflection and it’s another thing to look at yourself from any point in your office.

Here is where TIIC are going to fuck up Mariah and Tessa. Mariah wants Tessa to carry a baby and Tessa seems very hesitant so far.  The look on Tessa’s face was “say what”?  Mariah maybe cool for now but I’m sure this will fester very quickly.  

Another day and it’s the same old Nostrils bloviating about how special he is and he has to protect Olive Oyl and his kids about a possible threat.  So Nostrils is worried about his children but doesn’t give 💩💩 about Harrison. If Ashland’s past effects kids, wouldn’t you think that Harrison would be first in line?  And then there is Banana Breath another paragon of stupidity and self importance. Banana Breath is going to uncover the truth about Ashland in witch professionals in the field cannot due. 

Is the only spa in GC at Rodan’s excuse for a hotel?  Olive your first mistake is going to the spa. Your second mistake is talking or should I say sparing with Rodan.  Speaking about self importance, Rodan sits at a table of four. 

I got a great idea for Victor and Jack. Leave your jets at home and fly commercial to Milan. Even flying first class will cost considerably a lot less.  

Of course Rodan is going to encourage Banana Breath to pry into Ashland’s past. That’s what Rodan does and that who Rodan is.  Everyone is more concerned about Ashland’s past than the fact that Ashland is dying.  In a few months, Ashland’s past and marriage will become null and void.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Another day and it’s the same old Nostrils bloviating about how special he is and he has to protect Olive Oyl and his kids about a possible threat.  So Nostrils is worried about his children but doesn’t give 💩💩 about Harrison. If Ashland’s past effects kids, wouldn’t you think that Harrison would be first in line?  And then there is Banana Breath another paragon of stupidity and self importance. Banana Breath is going to uncover the truth about Ashland in witch professionals in the field cannot due. 

Because it's not about the kids, it's about controlling Victoria.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
On 9/16/2021 at 7:28 PM, Goodnight said:

Ashland crippled Jabot with like two phone calls, but now he has to listen to Billy’s bullshit? 

The OG Locke-ness would have had NotBilly picked up by his private black-ops security group and sold for Alpo. No muss, no fuss.  Ground, mixed with filler, canned, steamed to dog food perfection and shipped to your local Petco.

Why isn’t he crushing people, Lock Ness Monster style?

I've been wondering this too.

The threatening texter blackmailing Locke-ness should have been worm food after the first $300,000 demand, but instead he's demanding a measly $3 million to make up for Locke-ness pushing up daisies. 

What is this BS?

Of course, NotBilly is skulking in Society's foyer, watching Locke-ness talking to the stranger and imagines Nazi/Mafia/Communist/Boy Scout conspiracies ... to protect "my kids."

Whatever NotBilly. Let's ignore that you're seething with anger and jealousy that Victoria has dismissed you for a more successful man, and you intend to manufacture a crisis that ends her engagement.

I am interested in Victoria’s real take on this. How much does she know? Is she worried, or unconcerned since he’ll be dead in a year anyway?

The more fiercely Victoria defends Locke-ness to others, the less energy she seems to have to assuage her own doubts or playact to Locke-ness that Everything is Sunny in Genoa City and the Wedding of the Decade is a GO! Yippee!!!

Will Locke-ness be dead in a year or so? Locke-ness' entire cancer drama seems to not connect in too many ways. It could be the usual problem of TIIC not being able to write an accurate medical story, or the story is supposed to be inaccurate and make Locke-ness look like he's scamming everyone to sell off Locke Communication in a rush of merger fever and romantic hokum by using Victoria.

It seems as if Victoria is listening to her instincts on Locke-ness (after years of NotBilly's crapfest, she's should be too smart to ignore the obvious uncertainties of marrying a man who won't tell her who he was in a former life) and they are being mirrored by Nick's doubts. 

• Love 11

OMFG, Billy, get a life. Please. 🤬

Poor Mariah has checked out of reality. The people who claim to care about her really need to get her some help. Real help, not whatever dime store nonsense Sharon peddles.

Is the Garnished Parabola the only place in town that has a spa? 😑

When you've got a deep dark secret that you've been paying a blackmailer for decades to keep quiet about, of course a table in the middle of Society is where you want to meet with them to discuss it. What are the odds anyone you know or who knows your fianceé  will come in and see you there? Pretty dang good, actually. You are not so smart, Ashland.

Why does Phyllis turn on that breathy, whispery voice when she's around Nick or Jack? Did someone tell her it sounded sexy? If so, the joke's on her. 😒

Imani and Amanda both do that fidgety thing with their hands. Must be in the genes, lol.

"Grown up to be amazing adults." Kyle and Summer? HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH! You're hilarious, Jack. 🤡

Billionaire Ashland apparently isn't liquid enough to pull together a cool three milli on the fly. That's surprising to me. 🤔

Now Ashland is clearly lying to Victoria. Ruh roh. Funny, I was expecting him to ask her to lend him $3M for a couple of days. In cash. Just to prove she truly trusts him. 😐

Watch, Billy will rush over to tell Victoria he saw Ashland having a heated conversation with some guy and she'll be stuck wondering how much more she can take.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

Outside of Tessa it seems like everyone wants to talk about Mariah's mental state start off by saying how much she's been through then shift to discussing how they are fearful they are for Abby/Bowie. It's just frustrating to me considering how erratic Abby has been acting and nobody being concerned for the baby due to that. 

Hope my word salad made some sense.

Edited by Jaded
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Hey, look, it's Peeping Billy!

Billy-watch-Ashland-YR-CBS.jpg?resize=10

🎶How much💲is that egotistical self absorbed, moronic, ass hole, prick, fuck up, pocket pool playing, piece of shit in the window? You know the one with the cave of the winds on his face.🎶

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

I laughed today when Phyllis and Vic were talking in the lobby of the Giant Penis and Jack walked in. Phyllis yelled “JOCK!!” She never fails to amuse me in a “is this woman for real” kind of way.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Rev. Darvon is moving Hillary 2.0 into the condo so Moses can get live demonstrations of Fuck Buddies in Action.

I don't think Sophia agreed to that when she said it was okay for Moses to stay in Genoa City to learn the music business from Rev. Darvon.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4