Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

With my luck, if someone commissioned my portrait, I'd get Munch or Dali!

Don't care if Ashland is shady, he's very good on the eyes, and I love his whispery voice!  Hope he "leaks" some false intel to Ye Olde ButtBiscuit and sues the pants off of him.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

With my luck, if someone commissioned my portrait, I'd get Munch or Dali!

Don't care if Ashland is shady, he's very good on the eyes, and I love his whispery voice!  Hope he "leaks" some false intel to Ye Olde ButtBiscuit and sues the pants off of him.

I'd probably get a Goya.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Kemper said:

There just doesn't seem to be any "there" there between Sharon and Adam onscreen.  

Sometimes they do and other times they don’t. It’s kind of odd. I think the show would love to have Sharon with Adam….again but are afraid to make her look even worse if she left Rey. I think that’s why they want to make Sally look worse. They also will have their hands full when Chelsea returns. I’m not really sure who will end up the victor. Will it be Sharon, Chelsea or Sally?

Side note. I thought Sharon Case was rocking all her outfits this week. Her lips are a bit off putting but for 27 years she’s still hanging in there. LOL!!!! I also like the scenes between Sharon & Nick. They were talking it all out and laying the cards on the table. It is amazing that Sharon Case & Joshua Morrow still have this chemistry after all these years. They are great work friends who seem to enjoy working together. They are like Victor and Nikki. Every five years or so the show brings them back together. While I think they love working together I think overall they’d like just to move with on with other partners. I’m sure their 30th anniversary on the show will coincide with another Nick & Sharon wedding. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

But yeah, if CH is getting meaty scenes with EB where her character isn't getting tossed from an ambulance (pour one out for Maura West's Diane), and she's getting to hug and kiss Adam (because I suspect everything Ally has to be okayed by SC; come at me, Sharon 😏), then she's on fairly solid footing at Y&R. <shrugs> B&B's loss.

Ah, Maura West. If ever an actress accomplished the Herculean task of turning Y&R’s horrific writing from chickenbleep to chicken soup better than she did, I don’t recall.

Thursday’s ep was excellent. I guess I didn’t miss much on Friday.

The Phack stuff will never resonate with me because at the end of the day, the Dumpster Humper will always choose the Newman name and the Newman D over good ol smilin Jack. This despite the fact that Jack’s presence makes her almost human. Not 100% human… more like a sentient catcher’s mitt, which is an improvement from her usual demeanor.

Shick is pretty much a non-starter. The fact Sharon gets more riled up over the idea of Ally than anything going on with Nick shows she’s over that. Sharon talking about her “wonderful, loving husband”, again?? Sharon, honey… no one believes you when you say that stuff anymore. Literally no one, including Rey.

Watching Sally be the GC piñata is getting tiring. Glad to see her give as good as she got with Grampire. The man knows a social climber when he sees one because he met one on the stripper’s pole 125 years ago and wifed her.

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

They also will have their hands full when Chelsea returns. I’m not really sure who will end up the victor. Will it be Sharon, Chelsea or Sally?

When I initially read this, I thought it said, “I’m not really sure who will end up WITH Victor.”

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

They couldn’t cast a male friend for Ashland for a few days? Nate being best man makes little sense.

I don't know but if they don't make it over to Italia pretty quick, the doors may be closed to Americans soon due to the resurgence of Covid.

• Love 8

They couldn’t cast a male friend for Ashland for a few days? Nate being best man makes little sense.

Nate's probably going to  be involved in the reveal of who Ashland really is and the impact that has on his health. Both of which will likely happen at the wedding or right before it.

The Phack stuff will never resonate with me because at the end of the day, the Dumpster Humper will always choose the Newman name and the Newman D over good ol smilin Jack. This despite the fact that Jack’s presence makes her almost human. Not 100% human… more like a sentient catcher’s mitt, which is an improvement from her usual demeanor.

I feel the same way. I still think Jack and Phyllis were a great pairing back in the day but that ship has sailed, hit an iceberg, and sunk as Celine Dion warbled about her heart going on.

AFAIC there should be no coming back from openly cheating on you with your pissant little brother, and on top of that, trying to take over your family's company. Jack pining after Phyllis now seems to me like he's punishing himself for something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 9/9/2021 at 4:05 PM, Waldo13 said:

Rodan, Sally brought you down to her level. No Rodan, Sally’s level is on earth but your level is very close to hell. Rodan keeps harping on Sally running Summer out of town but the point being your the one keeping her out of town.  As far as I’m concerned, Jack with Rodan instead of Sally is going from the frying pan into a roaring fire.  

Banana Breath is worried about Sharon’s relationship with Adam and how it effects Rey but shouldn’t he be worried about Rodan’s relationship with Jack and how it effects him. 

Everyone and everybody gives Rodan the benefit of the doubt but all in all Adam is far more virtuous than Rodan could ever be.  

Shame on you Victor. You give a shit about Adam’s relationship with Connor and how Sally is effecting that. But Victor doesn’t give two shits about how Katie and Johnny are affected by Lily and Ashland.  Or even how Christian is affected by Rodan.  Christian is a figment of Banana Breath’s imagination because he never seems see him anymore and even goes home to sleep. 

WTF? Jack is still in love with Rodan?  Is he out of his mind?  Yes Rodan, Sally could never be you and I know Sally would want to be you in a million years. 

I knew that Sally was dreaming as soon as they entered the room at The Grand Albatross. 

Sally is a realist by eliminating should from her vocabulary.  The speech that was made, by Sally, were food for thought. I don’t think it was actually written by TIIC. They must have plagiarized it from an obscure book someplace.  Sally last words, to Adam, about what’s socially acceptable kind of puts Sally above the GC faithful. “And If people don’t like it, that’s their problem.”  Sally continues, “To hell with them”.  Well said Sally, well said. That look on Adam’s face tells it all. Adam is intrigued by Sally and he has met his kindred spirit.  

I love that according to the GC faithful poor Dummer is being held prisoner in Italy. Otherwise she could come home and get her old job and be under Rodan's thumb

On 9/9/2021 at 4:55 PM, Anna Yolei said:

I know I was in the minority of rooting for Jack/Sally, but I can't imagine many would prefer Phack over that, after all the shit Red's pulled.

Just because she screwed his brother on his desk? Judgmental much? Just because she and his warped brother debased every elevator and cabin and giggled about dumb OLD Ja.ck? It was years before people could push an elevator button without their finger sticking. 

Edited by crowsworks
spellung
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't know but if they don't make it over to Italia pretty quick, the doors may be closed to Americans soon due to the resurgence of Covid.

If they do ever make it to the altar, I suspect it will be in a "Tuscan" villa in California and have a scene in a little cafe with (a picture of) the Leaning Tower of Pisa visible through the window.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
On 9/10/2021 at 1:43 PM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Wow, did Billy get a dye job on his greasy looking locks?!  I noticed it is also longer or have I just fast forwarded all his scenes for months??

I think he's had his nostrils relaid with black marble too, because on Friday, those had the same hypnotic effect as Nosferatu's eyes.  He's looking more and more like an ad for a cut rate funeral home.

Lily must swoon at the smell of formaldehyde.

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nate's probably going to  be involved in the reveal of who Ashland really is and the impact that has on his health.

I know who he is!

Victoria LaFong has a certain je ne sais quoi, doesn' it?

• LOL 11
3 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Just because she screwed his brother on his desk? Judgmental much? Just because she and his warped brother debased every elevator and cabin and giggled about dumb OLD Ja.ck? It was years before people could push an elevator button without their finger sticking. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I find it amusing that as soon as the Staff was on the payroll again, Show couldn't put distance from Philly fast enough and MS didn't have a scene with Billy for months. Which begs the question about why the fuck it was allowed to eat up the show like it did for as long as it did.

Even apart from that, her cucking him for Victor Newman's son/Jack's former stepson should've been the end of it. As much as I'm enjoying Ally, I wish he and Sally could've lasted a bit longer because other than Doctor Emily, his romances have been utterly shit.

• Love 12
On 9/10/2021 at 2:31 PM, CountryGirl said:

Also, Sharon seemed high or drunk or both. 

Watching that embarrassing performance made ME feel high or drunk.  

I hope hope hope hope HOPE that's her Emmy reel.  It was that bad.

Who says I'm petty??

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

Why can’t Phyllis go to Italy and be with her disgusting pill popping, baby killing, bullying, uncle banging, liver blackmailing, cabbage patch faced dotter? Win win. Why would Jack entertain the idea of being with that thing again?  There’s no way he would choose old ass Phyllis who cheated on him with his nasty brother over a young hot thing like Sally. It’s not believable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
On 9/10/2021 at 4:04 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

What did Sharon tell Atonal that he didn't already know?

He said a few weeks ago he needed to tell Connor the truth about his relationship with Chelsea.

It was just so that Sally could overhear and set her crazy stun gun on Sharon now. This show is so badly written you can see what's coming down the pike from miles away!

On 9/11/2021 at 11:51 AM, Chatty Cake said:

And your point is...????

Seriously though, I assume Natey Nate Nate Nate Nate will uncover what the real medical issue is with Assland...I'd say he's been faking this but he does it when he's alone so...unless he knows the cameras are rolling...hehe...

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

What did Sharon tell Atonal that he didn't already know?

He said a few weeks ago he needed to tell Connor the truth about his relationship with Chelsea.

4 hours ago, gingerella said:

It was just so that Sally could overhear and set her crazy stun gun on Sharon now. This show is so badly written you can see what's coming down the pike from miles away!

And I thought Atonal initially going to talk to Sharon post-kidnapping was him subliminally letting her know she was still on his mind and concerned about her feelz, but Mariah cock-blocked him and Sharon was forced to side with her.

Then Sharon hears about Atonal and Sally together, and she shows up unexpectedly to let him know she has territorial feelz for him and his situation with Con; much flirting and emotional handholding ensue from Sharon. 

Sally can't get out of her own way and stops Sharon's hard sell on Atonal -- Sharon can't get directly involved between Atonal and Chelsea without another bruhaha occurring, and Rey Rey is still in contact with Chelsea and that will make Sharon's home life more annoying than usual. 

Sally clam jamming Sharon is the way to go with MyPolar. Sharon will be in for a world of pain if she pursues Atonal because he's involved with Sally. And Atonal seems flattered to be shadowed and defended by Sally, where Sharon is deliberately unavailable to him and constantly trying to fix or coddle him with shrink-jive.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I know they won't but wouldn't it be great if Ashland was a long ago protected witness with plastic surgery and Billy outed him and Endangered Mop and Hiz KIDZ!!! They could have a Red Wedding. Bonus if Noah runs over Billy's head again.

But that might be good so....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
8 hours ago, crowsworks said:

I know they won't but wouldn't it be great if Ashland was a long ago protected witness with plastic surgery and Billy outed him and Endangered Mop and Hiz KIDZ!!! They could have a Red Wedding. Bonus if Noah runs over Billy's head again.

But that might be good so....

I’ve been thinking that it would be interesting if whatever is going on with Ashland could be related to the case that Chance has been working on. That would give them the excuse to recast Chance and bring him back to town. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 3

I think the reason I forget about Philly is:

(1) GT was in the role then.

(2) I tend to never remember NeverBilly (honestly, I've wiped all of them from my memory except for the OneTrueBilly (Billy Miller).

(3) I FF almost all of NeverBilly's scenes.

If they are gonna keep MS/Phyllis around to eat up the screen, then she's at least tolerable with PB/Jack.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
On 9/11/2021 at 12:13 PM, nasir jones said:

Ah, Maura West. If ever an actress accomplished the Herculean task of turning Y&R’s horrific writing from chickenbleep to chicken soup better than she did, I don’t recall.

She got plenty of practice with that the last five years of ATWT's run 🤣

She was to Diane what Thorston Kaye continues to be to Ridge Forrester but unlike him, an attempt was made. She was just 15 years too young for the role--and too blonde. My God, couldn't they have gotten her a dark wig for consistency? She got this role right after ATWT ended and all I saw was Carly Tenney when she first came on.

12 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I think the reason I forget about Philly is

No need to justify to us, you're among friends ;)

12 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

If they are gonna keep MS/Phyllis around to eat up the screen, then she's at least tolerable with PB/Jack.

True, but Jack deserves better than that insufferable bint and Peter Bergman deserves better than a co-worker who will inevitable whine and bitch about how much she'd rather work with Josh Morrow instead like she did the last time Show paired them together and the Staff walked right into giving Jill Fire'em Phelps an excuse to do away with another actress over 40.

And yet, I think about the current cast of men available and there's not a damn other one that I think could work even remotely. No one wants Philly 2.0 when 1.0 was dead from the moment Josh Griffin pitched it and Phick had a brief moment of heat that evaporated the minute they became a legitimate couple. Phadam might have been good for a chuckle but I don't wanna see her and Sharon fight after another man.

On 9/12/2021 at 1:29 PM, gingerella said:

Ugh, that's already cringe. Sally better not try to attempt faking illness to keep Atonal cuz he's been there, done that himself and Sharon is no Flo Fulton--she will bring the heat and the MyPolar will pop out with a quickness.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

Eh, I think my guy PB deserves better than to be dealing with MS' constant need to be the center of attention. Plus, MS has previously let it be known that she felt Phyllis being paired with PB's Jack made her look older. Unless something has happened to cause her to feel differently, Phack won't be believable to me anymore. I don't think she's a good enough actress to hide her misgivings if Phyllis and Jack start having romantic scenes again.

Phadam might have been good for a chuckle

Yeah, the chuckle that comes right before the death rattle. 😏 Show tried to hint at a possible Phadam pairing back when MM was in the role but it was clear he wasn't having none of it. Phadam with MG Adam would be hilarious to me because he's so lacking in substance. Phyllis would eat this version of Adam alive.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Eh, I think my guy PB deserves better than to be dealing with MS' constant need to be the center of attention. Plus, MS has previously let it be known that she felt Phyllis being paired with PB's Jack made her look older. Unless something has happened to cause her to feel differently, Phack won't be believable to me anymore. I don't think she's a good enough actress to hide her misgivings if Phyllis and Jack start having romantic scenes again.

Yeah, the chuckle the comes right before the death rattle. 😏 Show tried to hint at a possible Phadam pairing back when MM was in the role but it was clear he wasn't having none of it. Phadam with MG Adam would be hilarious to me because he's so lacking in substance. Phyllis would eat this version of Adam alive.

Can't you just see it? She's thirty years older than he is. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Eh, I think my guy PB deserves better than to be dealing with MS' constant need to be the center of attention. 

Back in the days of Smilin' Jack Abbott, he dated and played tennis with the bad-boy-seeking classy daughters of the GC elite.  Certainly some of these women his own age are widowed or divorced and back on the market.  Maybe Jack needs to go to more charity events to meet them.  Or get Nikki to help him find someone.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Back in the days of Smilin' Jack Abbott, he dated and played tennis with the bad-boy-seeking classy daughters of the GC elite.  Certainly some of these women his own age are widowed or divorced and back on the market.  Maybe Jack needs to go to more charity events to meet them.  Or get Nikki to help him find someone.

Maybe one of her old stripper pals.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 11

As a fan of PB and his character, I have ZERO. Interest in seeing him paired with MS again. I remember her rolling her eyes over his shoulder as they embraced and putting in lacklustre performances when she was with him. I find her petty, immature and completely unprofessional. JMHO

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Plus, MS has previously let it be known that she felt Phyllis being paired with PB's Jack made her look older.

That's funny because I think she seems and looks younger with PB and by contrast looks old and haggard with JM.

I loved Jack and Phyllis on their first go 'round, but after all the awful stuff she's done to him there can't be any going back for them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Is Abby channeling her inner Captain Marvel with today’s outfit?  Very plastic looking. Talking about plastic, I’ve come to the conclusion that Dylan, aka Det Deadwood has more of a personality than Rey. Is Dylan is wooden, than Rey is petrified wood.  Rey get over yourself. Adam will always be in Sharon’s life just like Banana Breath. And in your case just like Mia and Arrrturo.  

Did Jack fall and hit his head or is Marco back from jail. Jack professes that he’s still in love with Rodan even if she cheated on him with nostrils.  All is forgiven because everyone forgives Rodan. 

This is so very stupid. Why can’t Chelsea come to GC for a few hours. I’m sure Adam would fly her in and fly her back in the same day.  Chelsea just has to insist that a nurse could watch her for those few hours. 

Looking at Ashland and Victor, I see two gray haired Titan of industry. Made me wonder how much older is Victor and for that matter how much older is Ashland than Olive Oly?  My guess would be at least 15 years older.  

Mariah needs help to get through her postpartum blues. That’s what’s needed but as long as it’s not Sharon.  

To me, Sharon is a hell of a lot more complicated than either Chelsea or Sally. 

It looks to me that TIIC are purposely trying to make a classically beautiful woman, Mariah, look dowdy and matronly during and after her pregnancy but TIIC are trying to keep Sharon and Rodan not to look that way no matter what. Epic fail 👎.  To paraphrase, you can put Botox in a pig, and it’s still a pig. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

Looking at Ashland and Victor, I see two gray haired Titan of industry. Made me wonder how much older is Victor and for that matter how much older is Ashland than Olive Oly?  My guess would be at least 15 years older.  

AH is 48 and RB is 63, so yeah 15 years.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

I like what MS is wearing today, I think she looks great in it and she's aging really well for a redhead tbh, I'm quite surprised..I still hate Phyllis though so she can look as good as she wants but I still don't want to see her. I log in for Adam and Sally at this point.

I am happy Nate and Elena will be at the wedding and interacting with Vic and Ashland more, I'm so tired of the segregation on the show.

Also could the writers PLEASE stop making Sally eavesdrop. Everyone does it on B&B but this ain't B&B, damn girl, stop. And if you want Adam do NOT pass off his holy grail, Sharon Newman.

Edited by slayer2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Lol, where are these alleged muscles of Nick's, in his head?

Billy told Victoria what it would take to get him out of her hair. Funny, he doesn't look like a comb or brush. Or a weed wacker. 😼

No, Rey, it's not in Sharon's nature to want to help, it's in her nature to want to climb back up on Adam. You're still the consolation prize.

Oh Jack, now you're verging on being messy, getting in between Phyllis and Nick. That way lies heartache and trouble, as you well know. Get thee to an online dating site.

Poor Mariah. It's just now sinking in that Abby either draws drama or she goes looking for it. You got pulled into her web and almost paid a terrible price for your kindness. Move away from her before you end up sacrificing your mental health.

Sally must've been a child when she was reading Restless Style. Sharon seemed kind of stunned that Sally mentioned it. That's right, Sharon, you're old news and Sally is the young hotness. 😼

Ashland is a pro at schmoozing. And deflecting. But dang if Victor didn't stay on him with a laser focus.

Whee, Victoria is so done with Billy's so-called investigation. She was all, "Fcuk around and find out." Too bad threats never sink in with him and only egg him on. 😒

Why is Phyllis choosing wedding outfits for Summer? First of all, Summer is not 12 and doesn't need her mommy selecting her clothes. And second, Summer is in one of the fashion centers of the world; she could probably reach into Marchetti's storage room and pull out a perfect dress. Why does everyone keep humoring nutbag Phyllis and her obsession with her grown daughter's life?😑

Real talk from Chloe to Sally about Sharon and Adam. For once I think it was the unvarnished truth without her not-quite-objective spin. Meanwhile, Sharon all but ordered Adam to stay away from Sally. Wonder how far she'd go to make sure he does?

On another soap site they're talking about taking up a collection to buy a doll for Abby to hold instead of that swaddled bundle of air. I'd throw in a few coins for it because I think she looks silly holding that thing which clearly weighs much less than an actual baby.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
45 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

Also could the writers PLEASE stop making Sally eavesdrop. Everyone does it on B&B but this ain't B&B, damn girl, stop. And if you want Adam do NOT pass off his holy grail, Sharon Newman.

Nostrils and Rodan are the king and queen of eavesdropping plus sucking the air out of a room.  

• Love 8

Abby micro-managed Mariah's pregnancy, but now that the baby is here she's shutting Mariah out.  It's as though she just wants her to pump the milk and STFU about anything else.  If she recognizes that Mariah is struggling, maybe involving Mariah in the baby's care or asking for her input would be a small way to help her through whatever she's dealing with.  Take her advice about the quirks of the stroller, invite her to go along on the walk in the park with you.  When they all first decided to do this, Abby told Mariah and Devon that she wanted them in the baby's life.  Now?  Not so much, it seems, at least where Mariah is concerned.

I'll chip in for the baby doll.  Can't they just borrow the same baby who plays Hayes for an hour when he's on the B&B set?  They even let that bat-crap wackadoo Kimberlin Brown hold him (though he was none too pleased about it), so I'm sure MO and CG would handle him gently.

Why can't they write consistently from day to day?  Last week, Sally was handling Adam perfectly, leaving him wanting more.  Then, she turns on a dime and now seems really really thirsty.  What happened?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

On another soap site they're talking about taking up a collection to buy a doll for Abby to hold instead of that swaddled bundle of air.

That would be great. They should be embarrassed. It's like no one involved in any aspect of making this show cares enough to have a decent prop.

• Love 11

Were Phyllis and Nick ever even hinted to be about anything more than video and sex games?  Seriously, that's all they do (badly, at that).  If show wants us to think that's some great love, or that it makes MS look younger...whatever.   When even Nick of all people is coming to his version of a realization that there's nothing between these two, probably not a good sign.  

Again, the surrogacy storyline could have just shown the difficulties people have in this kind of situation without making anyone much of a villain or in the wrong.   The door was totally open for it after the baby was born. But no, there has to be an idiotic set of whoopsie misunderstandings so that Abby thinks Mariah is losing it, and Mariah winds up isolated and all the worse.  She looks dead inside at this point, and I hate it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

No, Rey, it's not in Sharon's nature to want to help, it's in her nature to want to climb back up on Adam. You're still the consolation prize.

Judging from that scene with Nick last week, consolation prize would be an upgrade. If Ally becomes a big deal, show's gonna dig back into the Shick well yet again and Rey will be out in the cold.

4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why is Phyllis choosing wedding outfits for Summer? First of all, Summer is not 12 and doesn't need her mommy selecting her clothes.

You know who *may* appriciate the outfit selection, however?

Lucy. Yanno, the granddotter conceived by assault that had a loving home and the fact that Lucy dodged a bullet being raised by Buttbiscuit excuses nothing about how she went behind her son 's back to force custody on him. Mind you, this was immediately after he divorced Amber, with whom he had an otherwise loving marriage with but did not feel ready for fatherhood or taking on the responsibility when Little Eric came back into her life.

Since Lucy's other grandmother couldn't care less, what with her not being a direct descendant of Eric Forrester, maybe Phyllis could check in every once in a while, IDK :\\\

(Boy did Lucy get shafted like I do playing Japanese gachapon games with that DNA profile AND Terrible fuckin' Tom as a grandfather!)

1 hour ago, JNavarro said:

Were Phyllis and Nick ever even hinted to be about anything more than video and sex games?  Seriously, that's all they do (badly, at that). 

At the time this affair started, I remember being more baffled that Phyllis wanted to bump uglies with a guy who was all but ready to off her kid over the Cassie accident than anything else. But then again...see above ¯\_ಠ_ಠ_/¯

I do find it telling how much of their relationship involved Phyllis barking at Sharon to stay away from Nick, then howling to the moon and back about him cheating to conceive Faith--and then she fucked either Deacon or Ronan (or probably both) behind a dumpster anyway.

Much romance, wow /s

Much like the similarly illicit but hot romance between Brooke and Deacon on B&B a few years earlier, this worked better if it had just STAYED a messy affair. I'm not even saying their spouses should have stayed with their sorry asses, but they did nothing to deserve a happy ending into the sunset with their idiot dotter--a kid that Nick wasn't 100 percent sure was even his, in fact.

I will say I laughed so hard at one clip of the Phick affair where Nick was begging the judge to let him out of his marriage sooner so he could marry Phyllis before Dummer popped out and the judge told him in so many words "LOL NO." Too sad for Nick that he hadn't married a Forrester where they have more annulments in a year than most states see in a generation. 🥴

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

For me, the show has been “ruining” Jack for years.  Apparently there is no money in the coffers to hire a good actress who would be believable as a love interest for him. I would even take Lauren at this point. Why not make that happen? I grab the remote nowadays every time Phyllis (MS) comes onscreen, no matter who is on with her.  But I do think she looked nice yesterday - hair was great and the color on what passed for her dress was flattering. 

And please just keep Sharon with Rey; as an actor he makes her look better. Show should try a triangle with Sharon and Chelsea vying for Rey. Game would recognize game.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 9/11/2021 at 10:37 PM, crowsworks said:

On 9/12/2021 at 1:47 AM, Anna Yolei said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I find it amusing that as soon as the Staff was on the payroll again, Show couldn't put distance from Philly fast enough and MS didn't have a scene with Billy for months. Which begs the question about why the fuck it was allowed to eat up the show like it did for as long as it did.

Even apart from that, her cucking him for Victor Newman's son/Jack's former stepson should've been the end of it. As much as I'm enjoying Ally, I wish he and Sally could've lasted a bit longer because other than Doctor Emily, his romances have been utterly shit.

That should have been end of them, and more than enough reason for Jack to keep Phyllis at arms length for a decade before he made any declarations of I Still Love You And All Is Forgiven.

There's been a few allusions from Phyllis that she was 'sorry,' but no hair shirt-wearing or true repentance. My guess is that the entire SL was such a hair trigger subject to viewers, it was easier to drop the subject entirely and allowing Phyllis and Jack to be civil-leading-into-friendly territory while keeping Phyllis and NotBilly in separate spheres, until recently, to avoid any conjecture that they were reigniting their foul couplings.

Locking Phyllis and Nick together having sexxxy times on a game console (Nick nearly killed Daniel for Cassie's death, and Victor booked the Honeymoon in Hell for Phyllis and Marco -- That's not weird, is it?) kept her in DEFCON 3 obsession over Dumber/Kyle and the bitter battles over the Galivanting Pubis.

This version of Jack playing the Useful Idiot isn't the first; Both Phyllis and Kyle said the mutual tonsil hockey was a merry mixup, and Jack shrugged it off to that.

TIIC need Jack as a dangling chad. Phyllis can show up to have her ego inflated and mark her territory when he has the inkling of female company, and he can continue to carry her purse when she needs both hands free to take off her earrings and have a throwdown in her hotel lobby. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

For me, the show has been “ruining” Jack for years.  Apparently there is no money in the coffers to hire a good actress who would be believable as a love interest for him. I would even take Lauren at this point.

On one hand I fully agree--they had worked together.on some project that took them to LA for a few days in 2019 and had decent chemistry.

OTOH, I like that we have one mostly rock solid, stable couple on a soap. From what I read once, both she and CLB enjoy working together so they've kept the pairing as is, save for that extremely out of nowhere fling Lauren had that one time. If Shows been willing to pander to both version of Phyllis sticking with the worst men, they can give this to one of their more veteran actresses IMO

But I agree that I'm pretty much over Jack's endless May/December romance, even if they're preferrable to him mooning over Nikki or Red (who has been bordering more Blonde these days, or is it just me?)

• Love 10

Red (who has been bordering more Blonde these days, or is it just me?)

Yeah, I think she's been trying to distance herself from Red 2.0, whose red hair isn't exactly a color found in nature but whatever.😼

Too sad for Nick that he hadn't married a Forrester where they have more annulments in a year than most states see in a generation. 🥴

Right? Liam gets annulments like I get lattes at Starbucks. He probably goes through the courthouse drive-thru too, lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10

Sharon needs to get off her damn high horse.

Maybe someone should bring up that time she was rummaging around in the sewers for a maybe-dead, maybe-not-dead Cameron. Or the time she switched Summer's paternity test. Or her keeping the knowledge that Christian was alive a secret. Or when she burned down the original Newman ranch. I would include the time Sharon shoved Phyllis down a flight of stairs, causing her to be in a coma for months but I was Team Sharon that time.

But her saying this to Adam, about Sally, was rich: "She comes across like a handful."

pot-kettle.gif

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Sharon needs to get off her damn high horse.

Maybe someone should bring up that time she was rummaging around in the sewers for a maybe-dead, maybe-not-dead Cameron. Or the time she switched Summer's paternity test. Or her keeping the knowledge that Christian was alive a secret. Or when she burned down the original Newman ranch. I would include the time Sharon shoved Phyllis down a flight of stairs, causing her to be in a coma for months but I was Team Sharon that time.

But her saying this to Adam, about Sally, was rich: "She comes across like a handful."

pot-kettle.gif

Who said irony is dead?

• LOL 11