Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I guess Society needs a hostess for the lines of customers they have other than the usual customers. 

Victor you gave the known trouble maker, Rodan the trust to run your launch party but yet your more concerned about Sally being a trouble maker.  I guess Rodan gets a pass because she’s the mother of your granddaughter. Victor, how about warning Banana Breath off of Rodan.  Et Tu Victor, what Sally did to Summer 😂, like giving her a fantastic opportunity which she doesn’t deserve.  Once again I say, Victor, Summer could have come home if she wanted to.  The real reason Victor is mad is that Sally got Summer a more prestigious  job than Victor gave Summer in Dubai.   

I don’t know Jack but Pizza in Italy is a lot different than Pizza in the US and Pizza in GC would be a lot different than the Pizza in NYC. Pizza in Italy has a very thin crust to where it’s almost like a cracker. For me, I dad Pizza all over the US and I’ll take good old NY Pizza with pepperoni and extra cheese. No Jack, Harrison is not the most amazing think, it’s Summer cooking and her acceptance of Harrison 😜.  

No Ashley and Jack, Rodan’s main gift is not being able to read people it’s being a pain in the ass and worming her way out of nefarious deeds. 

Natey Nate Nate can come to the rescue of a bride with a sprained ankle but he can’t ward off a chemo patient from drinking alcohol. 

Abby, you are a dumb fuck. Bowie is going to have one hell of helicopter mother. Abby is so worried about Bowie yet she leaves the newborn to sleep, in another room, without setting up the baby monitor. 

Adam and Sally are fast becoming my second favorite pair after Mariah and  Tessa. They both have excellent self awareness in their bonding as kindred spirits.  I also find Sally in my top three of attractive females with Mariah and Tessa. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17

Adam and Sally are fast becoming my second favorite pair after Mariah and  Tessa. They both have excellent self awareness in their bonding as kindred spirits.  I also find Sally in my top three of attractive females with Mariah and Tessa. 

I agree and Elena is really stating to grow on me as well. Did they get new writers?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Adam's a tad old for his daddy to be interrogating him about who he dates. He better be careful though lest he put a Victor-sized target on Sally's back.

Nate and Elena going on a double date with Victoria and Ashland was not on my Y&R Plot Development bingo card. 🤔

Lol, was Ashland tipsy? At Society he was slurring his words a bit and acting kind of giddy.

Devon said he wanted to be Tater's sperm donor so there'd be a connection to Katherine Chancellor. Nah, I don't think Kay would've wanted or expected that and would've tried to talk Devon out of doing it. 😑

Summer cooks? Poor Harrison and Kyle. 🤮

Victoria, the #1 wedding disaster you want to avoid is having someone get arrested at the ceremony. Just sayin'. The gossip rags would have a field day: Newman Heiress Has Yet Another Wedding Stopped by the Cops! Is She a Cursed Bride?

Heh, I like how Sally got Adam to check out her legs.

Wonder if Adam realized Sally was lowkey comparing him to Wyatt Spencer, another "SOB" who grew up not knowing his billionaire father? AFAIC Adam would have every right to be insulted since Wyatt is a huge, self-entitled tool who loves a baby-snatching heaux. 😒

Aw geez, are they setting up an insta-galpal thing so Victoria can ask Elena to be her Maid-of-Honor?

FFS, Abby. You're freaking rich. You could hire a different nanny for each day of the week. Then you wouldn't have to worry about Mariah's continued attachment to Tater. Why are you so self-involved that you can't do the simplest things? 🙄

Lauren as a grandma? I have a feeling she'd take to it about as well as Phyllis has. She'd be leaning hard into the "GILF who has a side gig turning tricks at an airport motel" look. 😼

How do you ask someone you barely know to be your Best Man? Sheesh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nate and Elena going on a double date with Victoria and Ashland was not on my Y&R Plot Development bingo card. 🤔

That was weird.  Maybe Ashland was taking a drink every time Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate told another story about how he saved the day?   If that was the case, I'm surprised he wasn't dancing on the bar with a lampshade on his head. 

Really Nate, tell us more about yourself.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47kbfx6txwcjax2vtb6b

No, no I'm not bored.  Really, I'm not.......

Ashland's health is too precarious for him to be wasting the time he has left with those two.

I like Ashland and Victoria together but when Victoria gets giddy it's downright scary.

I don't think "uncomfortable" is a big enough word to use to describe what it's like to talk to a guy about how he should already be a dad when you're the one who made that impossible, Lily.  I see that ButtBiscuit's level of awareness is starting to rub off on you.  I hope Devon has told Amanda to NEVER catch a ride anywhere if Lily is behind the wheel.

Abby!  You own the damn restaurant and you shut it down at the drop of a hat every time one of your relatives or friends wants to share a hangnail in private with a champagne chaser so DON'T try to tell us you couldn't let the place get by without a hostess!  Some waiter managed to guide Sally and Adam to their table just fine.  You just got that kid and after all that blubbering for you to run off to work is even dumber than whoever keeps dressing Mariah like George Costanza in his velvet phase.

As soon as Baby Dominic is able to drive that stroller he's going to be hitting the road and that'll be last anyone ever sees of him.  Imagine being born and realizing you're in the care of that group of nudniks??

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
  • Love 13

I know its because of Covid (and money issues) but there should be more "domestic workers" in the lives of these rich folks.  We only have the invisible Mrs. Martinez and Crystal and, oh, hello, waiter at Society -- where are the phalanx of nannies for Dominick or any of the kids?  Where is even Esther (is she stuck taking care of her grandkids?)  And where were all the guards that Darvon supposedly hired to protect The Chancellor Summer Sausage?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Hey, I am kind of liking Adam and Sally. They fit. 

Much like with Victoria and Ashland, the writers are doing right by Adam and Sally by giving them interactions where they're actually talking to each other about their pasts and connecting over common woes and showing how they actually can relate to each other.  Adam and Sally are also being pretty brutally honest about their past issues/crimes - Sally knows about Delia and  why Billy and Chloe hate him; she also knows about his history with Sharon and his babyknapping of Faith. Adam is trying to wave the red flags as hard as everyone else but Sally is either generous in her spirit or generous because he's a Newman and she's looking to align with a power name. I feel like it's the former but what I wonder if what will be the hiccup for them down the road? Will Adam lapse back to the 'dark side' or will it be as mundane as his lingering attraction to Sharon or Chelsea being 'If I can't have him, nobody can!' and her sabatoging the relationship playing the Connor card.  On one hand I don't want them to be an old married couple ala Lauren and Michael but I do want them to find some stability and happiness with each other for a bit.

Even though Summer doesn't care for him, Adam marrying Sally and bringing her into the family would piss her off so much I'd be happy to see it.

And it'd be equally great if over on B&B if they acknowledge it with Bill, Wyatt, and Flo gape mouthed open at the wedding announcement of Sally marrying a Newman. Bill would try to downplay that it's to the black sheep Newman but Sally still would've made good on the come up, LOL.

I get Abby freaking out a touch at Mariah and Dominic being MIA but boy howdy the absolute pissed off look Mariah threw her when she read between the lines of what Abby was implying - as if Mariah had run off or would hurt Dominic? I felt that.  Devon was much more reasonable in his interaction with Mariah and I'm glad he reassured her that followed her instincts and it was all good. Of course given that Mariah is suffering from some PTSD, going out alone with the baby without her phone doesn't seem like something she'd do, but I also believe that her focus is so much on Bowie's needs that she could get tunnel vision on making sure her was okay to the exclusion of everything else including taking basic measures to make sure Abby knew where she was and taking her phone.  It'll be interesting to see how Devon mediates this tension because a blow up is a'gonna happen and soon.

• Love 17

And it'd be equally great if over on B&B if they acknowledge it with Bill, Wyatt, and Flo gape mouthed open at the wedding announcement of Sally marrying a Newman. Bill would try to downplay that it's to the black sheep Newman but Sally still would've made good on the come up, LOL.

Has Wyatt gotten around to marrying Flo yet? Because if Flo is still waiting on a wedding ring when she learns Sally has managed to add "Newman" to her last name, that would be DELICIOUS! Living well--and perhaps marrying well--is the best revenge on a Flogan. (And on a tangential note, I'm still wondering why $Bill Spencer didn't get in on the bidding for Cyaxares. There should've been at least one scene where he considered it but decided the name of the company was too ridiculous. Or he didn't want to wallow in the mud with Victor and Billy.)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, boes said:

I like Ashland and Victoria together but when Victoria gets giddy it's downright scary.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one who was terrified.

1 hour ago, Kimboweena said:

At first, I thought the picture was supposed to be Victor throwing Billy over the falls! 😄

It wasn't?

When Chance finally comes home - 

image.png.9a71c3182e144937061b31cf8a7cf3b7.png

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I get Abby freaking out a touch at Mariah and Dominic being MIA but boy howdy the absolute pissed off look Mariah threw her when she read between the lines of what Abby was implying - as if Mariah had run off or would hurt Dominic? I felt that.  Devon was much more reasonable in his interaction with Mariah and I'm glad he reassured her that followed her instincts and it was all good. Of course given that Mariah is suffering from some PTSD, going out alone with the baby without her phone doesn't seem like something she'd do, but I also believe that her focus is so much on Bowie's needs that she could get tunnel vision on making sure her was okay to the exclusion of everything else including taking basic measures to make sure Abby knew where she was and taking her phone.  It'll be interesting to see how Devon mediates this tension because a blow up is a'gonna happen and soon.

This was basically my take.  I feel like Abby is the harpy in this story and isn't the brightest of bulbs.  But, she has every right to be concerned about the kid and don't think she's unreasonable about being uncomfortable post Stitchuation.  

Did Mariah not have the hash it out talk with Abby that she and Sharon discussed?  That was a rare bit of coherent advice from E-Doctor Sharon, and would be heading a lot of this off IMO.  So of course that can't happen.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

This would actually be a big test for Adam in how would he handle what is basically a nuclear bomb that would hurt two of his biggest pains in the ass - Billy and Victoria- but also hurt people close to him

As little as Billy deserves mercy or Phyllis deserves grace for not telling Nick--abd you KNOW he will jump on his high horse about it despite keeping Summer's questionable paternity a secret for years because he just felt like he was entitled to a new shiny kid--it would be a refreshing change of pace to see Adam take the high road for once. At this point, the two have had enough slap fights and Billy has pulled a Shick one too many times over Delia giving him a pass for acting like a perpetual child he's acted like since before she was ever even born. It seems evident Billy will never change but Adam could.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Has Wyatt gotten around to marrying Flo yet? Because if Flo is still waiting on a wedding ring when she learns Sally has managed to add "Newman" to her last name, that would be DELICIOUS! Living well--and perhaps marrying well--is the best revenge on a Flogan

Nope, and it's been so long since she's had a story, I don't wonder if they're running out the clock on the actress's contract. I wish no ill will for Katrina Bowden, who rolled a natural 1 on this doomed role, but seeing Sally bag a rich man before she does is exactly what Flo deserves. 

That said, I still got a torch for her and still-sane Thomas... :(

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

That said, I still gotta torch for her and still-sane Thomas... :(

I only watched a few minutes here and there but you mean they haven't put that Thomas in a wood chipper or something. That guy made Adam look like Albert Schweitzer.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, crowsworks said:

I only watched a few minutes here and there but you mean they haven't put that Thomas in a wood chipper or something. That guy made Adam look like Albert Schweitzer.

He got the old brain injury GOJF card. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Thomas is the first born son of the show's leading man and they already offed one of his sisters years ago. He's not going anywhere. :P

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Thomas is the first born son of the show's leading man and they already offed one of his sisters years ago. He's not going anywhere. :P

Plus now he's all reformed and good.

If Fibberty-Jibberty won't believe the Forresters about Sheila, Steffy should have him speak with Lauren. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

The end of today’s episode was throwing anvils that there’s about to be a whole lot of cheating going on. Soon Phyllis will be back with Jack, Nick with Sharon, and I’m assuming Rey will be put with Chelsea when she returns (after blowing up about Adam and Sally of course). 

ETA:

I like Adam and Sally together, but Adam proves once again he can never stop rebelling against daddy. I didn’t think it was fair of TGVN to call Sally a social climber. She’s ambitious and if she were a man she’d never be called that. He’s screwed plenty of people in the name of business. He just never approves of anyone his kids date. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Useful 3
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

The end of today’s episode was throwing anvils that there’s about to be a whole lot of cheating going on. Soon Phyllis will be back with Jack, Nick with Sharon, and I’m assuming Rey will be put with Chelsea when she returns (after blowing up about Adam and Sally of course). 

ETA:

I like Adam and Sally together, but Adam proves once again he can never stop rebelling against daddy. I didn’t think it was fair of TGVN to call Sally a social climber. She’s ambitious and if she were a man she’d never be called that. He’s screwed plenty of people in the name of business. He just never approves of anyone his kids date. 

I have always felt Phack and Shick were gonna be end-game.

Shick because they are, IMO, the heir apparents to Nikki & Victor. 

• Love 14

Rodan, Sally brought you down to her level. No Rodan, Sally’s level is on earth but your level is very close to hell. Rodan keeps harping on Sally running Summer out of town but the point being your the one keeping her out of town.  As far as I’m concerned, Jack with Rodan instead of Sally is going from the frying pan into a roaring fire.  

Banana Breath is worried about Sharon’s relationship with Adam and how it effects Rey but shouldn’t he be worried about Rodan’s relationship with Jack and how it effects him. 

Everyone and everybody gives Rodan the benefit of the doubt but all in all Adam is far more virtuous than Rodan could ever be.  

Shame on you Victor. You give a shit about Adam’s relationship with Connor and how Sally is effecting that. But Victor doesn’t give two shits about how Katie and Johnny are affected by Lily and Ashland.  Or even how Christian is affected by Rodan.  Christian is a figment of Banana Breath’s imagination because he never seems see him anymore and even goes home to sleep. 

WTF? Jack is still in love with Rodan?  Is he out of his mind?  Yes Rodan, Sally could never be you and I know Sally would want to be you in a million years. 

I knew that Sally was dreaming as soon as they entered the room at The Grand Albatross. 

Sally is a realist by eliminating should from her vocabulary.  The speech that was made, by Sally, were food for thought. I don’t think it was actually written by TIIC. They must have plagiarized it from an obscure book someplace.  Sally last words, to Adam, about what’s socially acceptable kind of puts Sally above the GC faithful. “And If people don’t like it, that’s their problem.”  Sally continues, “To hell with them”.  Well said Sally, well said. That look on Adam’s face tells it all. Adam is intrigued by Sally and he has met his kindred spirit.  

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

As far as I’m concerned, Jack with Rodan instead of Sally is going from the frying pan into a roaring fire.  

I know I was in the minority of rooting for Jack/Sally, but I can't imagine many would prefer Phack over that, after all the shit Red's pulled.

• Love 16
21 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Much like with Victoria and Ashland, the writers are doing right by Adam and Sally by giving them interactions where they're actually talking to each other about their pasts and connecting over common woes and showing how they actually can relate to each other.  Adam and Sally are also being pretty brutally honest about their past issues/crimes - Sally knows about Delia and  why Billy and Chloe hate him; she also knows about his history with Sharon and his babyknapping of Faith. Adam is trying to wave the red flags as hard as everyone else but Sally is either generous in her spirit or generous because he's a Newman and she's looking to align with a power name.

Atonal and Sally are attractive because Courtney Hope is the energy and impetus behind their relationship. Sure, Sally is actively pursuing Atonal's attention, professionally and personally, but it's not like she's bringing nothing to the table. She's a design talent, who's had little or no retail support for it, and no sponsorship opportunity until Newman Media. Chloe hired her for her design talent, and Atonal recognizes and appreciates those strengths. And it doesn't hurt that Game recognizes Game in getting to know each other. She's sorry she got caught with her bad acts, but not sorry for the ambition behind them, and Atonal's own jealousies, resentments and ambitions to be CEO of Newman Enterprises are abundantly clear under the veneer of his recent self-possession and formerly impulsive behavior to those he used to plague.

Sally can't possibly admire Atonal's prior bad acts (they are the similar sort of heinous criminality she hated coming from $Bill). But Atonal's name and reputation took a hit, and he still got away with it to be a media mogul with his father's money and blessing.

Sally did a seductive end run around Atonal's fake excuses to get Victor off his back about her by telling him fuck the people who don't like your choices. That’s their problem. It was exactly what Atonal has been desperate to hear after all these weeks of pretending he's someone he's not.

There's still a barely concealed edge of tension and discontent Atonal expresses to the Newman's. Victor think's he's redirecting Atonal's worst instincts toward his hobby horse media company -- Use Atonal's penchant for destruction to ruin NotBilly Boy Abbott and Chance Dot Com is the order of every day at Newman Media. Nicki has made plain she doesn't trust Atonal and never will. Nick is being collegial, with the regular threat of dropping Atonal if he returns to his real self. Victoria knows Atonal is resentful Victor chose her to be CEO of Newman Enterprises, and after years of experience, she's aware Atonal won't stop trying to undermine her to takeover NE, even if that means brushing Victor aside with another murder plot.

I feel like it's the former but what I wonder if what will be the hiccup for them down the road? Will Adam lapse back to the 'dark side' or will it be as mundane as his lingering attraction to Sharon or Chelsea being 'If I can't have him, nobody can!' and her sabatoging the relationship playing the Connor card.  On one hand I don't want them to be an old married couple ala Lauren and Michael but I do want them to find some stability and happiness with each other for a bit.

I expect initially Connor will be the sand in the lube, protecting the lie he's been told that Chelsea and Atonal are a happy couple. Chelsea might pile on the betrayed mother shtick prodding Con, if to avenge herself on Atonal career success and moving on with Sally. 

And Sharon can't be discounted in adding her inability to let Atonal go to him suddenly becoming an object of desire of too many women. 

Whatever you might think, Atonal never left the dark side. He has kept his own counsel, wearing a new costume of calm equanimity, occasional polite social behaviors and saving Faith for the 8th time never hurts as a screen for his constant plotting and subversive activities. Atonal is constantly looking for small avenues to turn Victor against Victoria's leadership at Newman Enterprises. Victor having Locke-ness investigated (though I can't believe Victor didn't have this done before he bought Xerox-eries) gives Atonal access to all sorts of potential information to use against Victoria, not to mention the planned Locke Tower that appears to crowd Newman Tower.

There's also the possibility that Atonal might join up with Locke-ness to act against Victor and Newman Enterprises. 

Plenty of deviltry for Atonal to take what he thinks he's owed by Victor.

Even though Summer doesn't care for him, Adam marrying Sally and bringing her into the family would piss her off so much I'd be happy to see it.

Dumber, Kyle and Locke Jr will be happily embedded in Milan and have little to do with Atonal and Sally walking down the aisle.

Victor, Chelsea and Sharon will be off their pins that Atonal is moving on with someone who encourages Atonal's worst instincts. 

Phyllis on the other hand will be be mixing fertilizer bombs for the reception, after she's done lying to Nick and boinking Jack blind.

$Bill will bluster and puff out his chest yelping he's the bigger billionaire at the table. Wyatt will attempt to lick his balls again. And Flo will look for another way to dull her knife in an unsuspecting back.

Abby might acknowledge that Mariah has some residual issues with the kidnapping and Bowie's birth, but that doesn't mean she's going to help Mariah through the trauma. She's wants Mariah to pump milk and stay in her wing of the mansion. Participation with Bowie is not desired. Abby is the MOTHER. Mariah was the incubator, and now is the milk cow. That line was drawn when Bowie was born.

Darvon wandering round GC acting like he's negotiating a peace settlement without any of the combatants is ludicrous. He's not capable of being an envoy from Switzerland when Abby has him allied with her on Team Baby Rabies. That leaves Mariah with Tessa. Sharon's useless, obsessing about herself as usual.

Nothing good was going to come of this SL from jump.

• Love 12

Does anyone know the name of the song that played when Sally and Adam were talking? Not in Sally's daydream, but in their regular interactions and when he interrupts her daydream. It almost sounds like Ciara's "Boy Outta Here" but I can't really tell.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I admit I was....highly skeptical of Ally but the more clips I see and having read Countrygirl's summary,  I'm slowly coming onboard. The fact that she shuts Victoria tired shit down is an added bonus--she can handle her own against Bill Spencer, who makes current Victor look like a choir boy in comparison. I'm here for it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Oh dear, looks like Phyllis got her forehead lowered again. 😼

Now that Sharon knows Adam and Sally are sorta dating, a copious amount of excrement is likely going to collide with the air circulation device. Hope Sally's ready for Sharon's personal brand of mindfcukery masquerading as involuntary therapy.

Wow, Victor seems threatened by Sally, though I think he was trying to hide it behind his Darth Vader act. Good grief, he and Nikki started out as social climbers too, largely right on Kay Chancellor's back. Guess he forgot what that was like and is now all, "I got mine, eff you."

Hey, Society's bartender speaks!

Dame? Victor called Sally a dame! What is this, a 1940s Rita Hayworth movie? Sally does have a great set of gams though, lol.

Now Phyllis has to have two men in love with her at the same time. KMN. Ugh, who will rid me of this tiresome hosebeast? 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Why didn't Phyllis turn off the lights when she left Jack asleep on his couch? They were off when she arrived. Grrr.

Bad fantasy sequence! Bad! Got me all excited for nothing! But then RealAdam showed up acting like a human cold shower so...whatever. 🙄

real conversations and character development. Yes, more of this please.

Yeah, something different seems to have happened behind-the-scenes. Did TPTB finally bring in some capable writers?

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

CountryGirl's been killin' it!

This would actually be a big test for Adam in how would he handle what is basically a nuclear bomb that would hurt two of his biggest pains in the ass - Billy and Victoria- but also hurt people close to him

18 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

As little as Billy deserves mercy or Phyllis deserves grace for not telling Nick--abd you KNOW he will jump on his high horse about it despite keeping Summer's questionable paternity a secret for years because he just felt like he was entitled to a new shiny kid--it would be a refreshing change of pace to see Adam take the high road for once. At this point, the two have had enough slap fights and Billy has pulled a Shick one too many times over Delia giving him a pass for acting like a perpetual child he's acted like since before she was ever even born. It seems evident Billy will never change but Adam could.

Heh ...

Atonal finding out NotBilly and Dumber boinked while he was schtupping Phyllis is too tempting a story to ignore; I hope Atonal has all the poop on Dumber and Kyle got it all started as a bet if she bedded NotBilly Kyle would give her his sportscar. There are several ways for Atonal to use it to his advantage, and it only takes one insult or dismissal too many for him to use it against a multitude of players.

1) Victor could decide to manipilate Atonal by threatening Sally again with some Newman-esque punishment, and Atonal has enough of the old man's interference (That sort of threatening behavior never worked with Nick and Victoria, why think it would have a better result with Atonal?), so he publishes the NotBilly/Dumber boink to pull the rug out from under Victor at Newman Media, because Atonal has taken control of the company. 

2) Nick might lose his patience with Atonal, and in his hamhanded fashion gives Atonal permission to burn him to the ground with an expose' on the NotBilly/Dumber boinkfest. Nick will go ballistic, but who will he beat up first? Phyllis for knowing all about it and not telling him? Atonal because he never left the dark side and it's all been a lie? NotBilly because he's a limp biscuit and a waste of skin? SuperGirl because she's a usless slapper like her mother?

3) Phyllis will go insane being outed, but will have so many people to fend off being blamed for the NotBilly/Dumber boink it will take time to get around to Atonal. And he'll be ready for her. There will be yelling and bickering, and he'll record it all for Newman Media use. The more Phyllis attacks the deeper the hole she will dig for herself. 

4) Dumber will be in Italy, humiliated and probably married to Kyle, her coconspirator in the bet to boink NotBilly. How that plays out in Italy will be off screen. Everyone in town will be talking smack about her in Genoa City. 

5) NotBilly will be full of bluster, excuses and lies to cover another of his unsavory penile encounters. How many pummelings and shouting matches will he be involved? Who cares as long as he's pounded into the pavement at the end of the day. If this isn't proof NotBilly is irredeemable to Lily, then she's no better than him, and they deserve to wallow in the humiliation. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

But real conversations and character development. Yes, more of this please.

TIIC are finally playing smallball to fill the bases and then swinging for the fences (Sharon and Nick admit they aren't fulfilled with who they're with, Jack is still in love with Phyllis and visa versa, and Sally gives Atonal permission to follow his true nature) instead of show nothing/talk shit/drop bomb/retread old storyline.

• Love 12

Could anyone explain to me why Sharon is wearing such inappropriate clothing lately? That ultra sparkling skirt while working in a coffee shop today was just ridiculous. And that shiny dress she wore to the hospital to see Mariah? Huh? What’s the deal, show?

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

TIIC are finally playing smallball to fill the bases and then swinging for the fences (Sharon and Nick admit they aren't fulfilled with who they're with, Jack is still in love with Phyllis and visa versa, and Sally gives Atonal permission to follow his true nature) instead of show nothing/talk shit/drop bomb/retread old storyline.

You love to see it. I have Opinions ™ about revisiting Shick and Phack but credit where it's due...in this case, it's more a me issue than the current writing. It doesn't feel *as* thrown together as Show often does and Ally is standing on its own merits, not a spare-the-pairs, "we've run outta other ppl for them to fuck" situation.

Brad Bell, take notes.

• Love 10

Atonal finding out NotBilly and Dumber boinked while he was schtupping Phyllis is too tempting a story to ignore; 

Whatever happened to soapy goodness? I hope they bring it.

51 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I've noticed much better writing in just the last week. Is there a new scribe in town or did TIIC finally buy a clue?

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

5) NotBilly will be full of bluster, excuses and lies to cover another of his unsavory penile encounters. How many pummelings and shouting matches will he be involved? Who cares as long as he's pounded into the pavement at the end of the day. If this isn't proof NotBilly is irredeemable to Lily, then she's no better than him, and they deserve to wallow in the humiliation. 

ButtBiscuit will blame it all on Delia's death.  And his need to protect his children.  Everything, from that oil slick he calls his hair to the utter absence of anything resembling humanoid sentiments is because of dead Delia.  And to protect his kids.  You know, the other two...whosit and whatshisname.....the ones Lily takes care of.

BuButtBiscuit loves his kids, especially if he can use them as a cudgel.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

There's no way I can express my feelings about today's episode as eloquently as CountyGirl and Cupid Stunt, so I'll just say, me liked show today.  I glad it good.  

There have been a whole string of cute and mute Society bartenders lately, but the one that finally gets to speak is a dork.  #whycan'twehavenicethings

The problem with exposing the Summer/Billy (Bummer?) boink is that Summer was just as culpable as Billy.  I don't think it was the bet with Kyle that motivated Summer to bed Billy.  She returned to GC with a giant chip on her shoulder and a grudge against Phyllis for leaving Jack to be with Billy.  And Billy wanted to hurt Phyllis when he learned that she'd cheated on him with Nick.  For some bizarre reason, this show now believes that Summer is some Disney Princess, and her bratty-bully past needs to be glossed-over.  I think that's why they had Bummer air this out in that scene on the airplane several months ago, and again when Billy said goodbye to Summer in her pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-farewell episode.  I don't believe it's ever going to be re-visited, but hopefully I'm wrong.

I thought it was more than a little pathetic yesterday when Ashland asked Nate (who he's known for about 12 minutes) to be his best man.  How can you get to be that age and not have any friends at all?  Then I wondered if Ashland somehow learned about Nate's role in helping Victor fake his death, and thinks Nate could be coerced/bribed into doing the same for him...

• Useful 5
  • Love 11

Wow, CG, I share a lot of your thoughts about today, but in no way could summarize it so well.  Awesome!

Just when I'm really getting fed up with Jack, PB makes it almost painfully sad watching him.  Jack is such a tragic character, I think in the original sense of the word.  He's been wronged by people close to him, and by fate, but he consistently makes things worse through his poor choices.  But Peter Bergman is what makes that come alive. 

Oh yeah, one more reminder of what selfish pigs Vyle and Dummer are.  Break your father's heart and remove your so called son from yet another family so you can go on vacation.  

"A jerk".  LMAO at that.  There's FAR worse that should be said about Grampire.  It's funny, Sally held her own against big bad Victor far better than she's been allowed to against lesser opponents.  

Sharon is a child.  Rey's another one that makes things worse for himself, but she doesn't even love him, and it's gross that she keeps this marriage along as is.  

Bring on the fuckery that was implied by today's episode.  It actually makes sense given these characters and their history.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Love 17
29 minutes ago, JNavarro said:

A jerk".  LMAO at that.  There's FAR worse that should be said about Grampire.  It's funny, Sally held her own against big bad Victor far better than she's been allowed to against lesser opponents

I too was surprised by this. By the end of her B&B run, she'd kowtowed to that horrid Flo and the rest of GC seems to run ramshot over her too. If they have her steeling up against Victor, it looks like Show is supporting Ally for the long haul. B&B implants into GC have have poor records of success--i loved Amber even through her last schemes on B&B but on Y&R? Woof--but Courtney Hope is a talent that they'd be foolish not to take advantage of.

• Love 13

11 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

You love to see it. I have Opinions ™ about revisiting Shick and Phack but credit where it's due...in this case, it's more a me issue than the current writing. It doesn't feel *as* thrown together as Show often does and Ally is standing on its own merits, not a spare-the-pairs, "we've run outta other ppl for them to fuck" situation.

Brad Bell, take notes.

I'm okay with Sally encouraging Atonal to embrace his true self, with her able assistance. Watching MG struggle with nuanced social interactions and frustrated business meetings with Victor's incessant arming Newman Media content against NotBilly/Chance Dot Com has been exhausted. MG has a limited skillset, and he hit the wall the second episode of New and Improved Atonal, forced on an suspicious Genoa City.

I have no interest in a Sharon/Nick or Phyllis/Jack redux; the last go-round for both should have ended any romantic relationship utterly.

Phyllis cheating on Jack with NotBilly was hideous, and should be the first thing Jack thinks of when she opens her mouth.

Whatever tepid reasons Sharon and Nick had to get back together, thankfully ended as unremarkably; they remain immature and have no self-awareness, essentially at the same place when their teen scene marriage ended.

What I did like was that TIIC finally wrote a beginning, middle and end to the episode. There are still cliffhangers; Will they? Won't they? Etc ... But I'm not dreading the next episode.

Brad Bell couldn't find his way out of an empty room.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, boes said:

ButtBiscuit will blame it all on Delia's death.  And his need to protect his children.  Everything, from that oil slick he calls his hair to the utter absence of anything resembling humanoid sentiments is because of dead Delia.  And to protect his kids.  You know, the other two...whosit and whatshisname.....the ones Lily takes care of.

BuButtBiscuit loves his kids, especially if he can use them as a cudgel.

Years ago, BM Billy acknowledged his guilt to Chloe and took responsibility for Delia's death, but NotBilly is so blinkered by his ego and insecurity, that acknowledgement will never happen again. 

NotBilly loves to drag out the worn out canard that he "doing this to protect his children and Victoria," and then goes in the opposite direction to undermine them. Saying the phrase enough times will not make it reality. His main activities are to go to any lengths to prove he's not a waste of skin and play the hero for attention.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

The problem with exposing the Summer/Billy (Bummer?) boink is that Summer was just as culpable as Billy.  I don't think it was the bet with Kyle that motivated Summer to bed Billy.  She returned to GC with a giant chip on her shoulder and a grudge against Phyllis for leaving Jack to be with Billy.  And Billy wanted to hurt Phyllis when he learned that she'd cheated on him with Nick.  For some bizarre reason, this show now believes that Summer is some Disney Princess, and her bratty-bully past needs to be glossed-over.  I think that's why they had Bummer air this out in that scene on the airplane several months ago, and again when Billy said goodbye to Summer in her pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-farewell episode.  I don't believe it's ever going to be re-visited, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Dumber was looking to hurt Phyllis, but the bet with Kyle was her blueprint. There's no doubt Dumber was eager to seduce NotBilly to spite Phyllis. The NotBilly boink would be the point of Atonal publicly exposing Dumber and Kyle's direct participation and deception. Dumb and Kyle have always been corrupt characters, painted as as romantic Soap teen scene lovers; Kyle's initial return to Genoa City was prefaced on his plot with Victor to take over Jabot from Abbott control. 

Painting over Dumb and Kyle as Soap innocent teens Romeo and Juliet that made good is false marketing in the cold light of day.

I thought it was more than a little pathetic yesterday when Ashland asked Nate (who he's known for about 12 minutes) to be his best man.  How can you get to be that age and not have any friends at all?  Then I wondered if Ashland somehow learned about Nate's role in helping Victor fake his death, and thinks Nate could be coerced/bribed into doing the same for him...

Locke-ness was in full manipulative form with Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate Nate Nate. Dr. Natey Nate was smart enough to get the check cashed before he questioned why he was asked to attend the wedding with Elena and be Locke-ness' best man, but why look a gift horse in the mouth?

Very weird scenes. I suppose it will coincide with Victor and NotBilly's Locke-ness investigations.

• Love 8

NotBilly loves to drag out the worn out canard that he "doing this to protect his children and Victoria," and then goes in the opposite direction to undermine them. 

And he rarely refers to Victoria by name. It's always "the mother of MY children". Mine, mine ,mine. ME ME ME.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

If they have her steeling up against Victor, it looks like Show is supporting Ally for the long haul. B&B implants into GC have have poor records of success-

In this century, implants into GC from any soap seem to have poor success rates, I think. Especially the ones from ABC soaps. I'm still mad at how they treated Debbi Morgan.

But yeah, if CH is getting meaty scenes with EB where her character isn't getting tossed from an ambulance (pour one out for Maura West's Diane), and she's getting to hug and kiss Adam (because I suspect everything Ally has to be okayed by SC; come at me, Sharon 😏), then she's on fairly solid footing at Y&R. <shrugs> B&B's loss.

I don't believe it's ever going to be re-visited, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Oh I'm confident it'll be revisited, the writers are just waiting for the right time to do it. There just needs to be a point where most of the concerned parties are most vulnerable. This will be a reveal that will inspire possibly the worst payback Victor, Nick, and Phyllis have ever delivered.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 8

Today's show was a let-down.

Not nearly enough of Sally or #Ally and way too much of people I either can't stand or bore me to tears.

Starting with Victoria.

Aww, Ashland got her a portrait. Playing to her narcissistic tendencies, although I am LOL that this Victoria has clearly run a brush through her hair.

Victoria-painting-cbs.jpg?resize=1024,59

NeverBilly and his nostrils thinks he's sniffing out something regarding Ashland.  

Lily-billy-argue-ashland-cbs.jpg?resize=

Lily, your track record with men keeps getting worse and worse. Although it seems they are going for a "Talented Mr. Ripley" storyline or something with Ashland. Way to be original, TPTB.

I suppose Ashland getting that "Oooh, suspicious!" text is supposed to be some sort of cliff-hanger.

Nate and Elena were on, but I think I fell asleep. 

Nate-elena-talk-best-man-cbs.jpg?resize=

I snort-laughed at Victoria telling Drinki about the portrait and how it proves Ashland really knows her. 

Knows that she's got an ego the size of Texas like her father? Like that's not obvious within 5 minutes of meeting her?

Drinki's smug look makes me think she approves. Which, of course she would.

Even though she tells Victoria she should cut her losses, considering Ashland's dying and all. What a heart she has.

Nikki-victoria-talk-wedding-cbs.jpg?resi

And here we go.

Sharon, in her unfortunate prison-orange dress, has shown up at Adam's to piss on her territory.

E-7o3qHWYBghUGq?format=jpg&name=360x360

Could she BE more obvious?

E-8JfOWXMAA6U_0?format=jpg&name=360x360

Or more thirsty, since she was literally being all flirty and cutesy with Nick last night. And she's still married to Rey. At least on paper.

I didn't even feel a twinge of Shadam feels. Not sure Adam is either.

E-8JfOUX0AYnqi1?format=jpg&name=360x360

But then it gets weird because they have Sally eavesdropping outside the doorway.

E-8JfOvX0B8LTjj?format=jpg&name=360x360

It gets even weirder when she decides to interrupt their cozy little meeting. 

E-8NmyCXsAUsV0A?format=jpg&name=360x360

Not how they've shown her thus far, so I'm annoyed at this thinly-veiled attempt to set up yet another round of cat-fighting. What year is it?

And while I'm a little perplexed at Sally not budging when Adam asks her to come back later, I was amused at Sharon getting pissy and leaving.

Sally: "It got pretty chilly in here." Yep. Sharon likes to keep her former lovers pining after her and her options open so..... Sally does apologize though, which eh, I don't think she needed to.

Adam is pissy himself when he calls her out for eavesdropping and tells her he doesn't find it amusing.

Sally apologizes again and confesses her jealousy. Well, I guess she's had her eyes open to the mess that is being with Adam. 

Adam is still being a baby about it, so she leaves. And he calls Chelsea to talk about their future. Can I dare hope he's finally closing the door on the con artist grifter because of Sally? Because I think his annoyance with Sally was really him starting to fall and in front of Sharon.

OMFG - this is too funny!

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Sharon should be wearing green and not orange. The look on Sharon’s face when she heard about Adam and Sally was very very telling.  Sharon was actually quite shrewd by questioning Adam about his relationship with Chelsea and not his relationship with Sally. You know she wants to. 

Natey Nate Nate is an amazing doctor. He was able to make Ashland feel better, after  chemo, with a few vitamin supplements.  Should we change Natey Nate Nate’s name toDr Feel Good?  

First of all, Tuscany is not a city. It’s a region, of Italy, with Florence being its biggest city.  Natey Nate Nate Tuscany is not the most romantic place on earth, although it’s very beautiful, there are quite a few more places that are more romantic.  Bora Bora, Tahiti, and Bali come to my mind before Tuscany. 

I had to laugh 😂😂😂. As Nostrils was talking to Natey Nate Nate and Elena, Jerry Mahoney was very visible over Nostrils’ left shoulder.  Two dummies but Jerry is actually the smarter one and has the better personality. 

Sharon steered Adam in the right direction?  They sounded like they where making 360’s after 360’s. 

By replacing Victor’s portrait with her own, Olive Oyl shows that her ego is as big or bigger than Victor’s. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

So yesterday Sharon wasn't looking wistfully at Nick, she was daydreaming about Adam. Of course. 🙄

Nate's an "old friend," Victoria? Girl, you know he's a bit more than that. You gonna clue your fiancé in or let him find out on his own by accident?

It's hard for me to believe no one ever noticed that Ashland's background is largely non-existent. Surely there have been journalists doing stories on him before who tried reaching out to his extended relatives and the other people he grew up with. Heck, a guy like him would've had a 60 Minutes profile already. So was Ashland raised in a cave on the frozen tundra? 🤔

I think Ashland was doing advance damage control with Victoria, explaining why he has no close friends. If Billy prematurely jumps on his white horse to make insinuations about it to Victoria, she'll be prepared to swat him away.

Okay, who da fuq is Meryl Londeree and why is her doing a painting of a photograph a big deal? 😑

Ugh, it must be nine kinds of unethical for Sharon to be advising Adam how to break up with Chelsea when she's trying to get back up on him herself. But yay for Sally getting wind of something fishy going on. 🐟

Sharon was all, "Well now, what have we here?" when Sally bounced into the room. I swear I could hear her claws coming out like Wolverine's. Have she and Sally met before today?

Billy's not wrong about the oddness of Nate being Ashland's Best Man but dang, his OCD wrt all things Locke goes from 0 to 180 in 15 seconds flat. He's exhausting.

Oh wait, did Sharon get intimidated by Sally? She sure slinked out of Adam's office like she did. Whee! 😏

Sally quickly cleaned up the jealousy-based misstep she made with Adam but did she really mean what she said? Whatever, IMO she better stay away from Sharon. The one thing that makes Sharon a potentially bigger threat than Phyllis is the lure of her cooter. Adam would jump back in there in a heartbeat and Sharon knows it. And Sharon is no Flo Logan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Sharon should be wearing green and not orange. The look on Sharon’s face when she heard about Adam and Sally was very very telling.  Sharon was actually quite shrewd by questioning Adam about his relationship with Chelsea and not his relationship with Sally. You know she wants to. 

The giggling and orange did Sharon no favors.

It's not a bad tactics to focus on Atonal and Chelsea's relationship, allowing Atonal a lead in about Sally. Sharon no likey Atonal moving on with another woman, that's for sure. 

Boo fucking Hoo. Atonal might be drifting out of the Sharon Cooter Universe. 

I don't see Sharon allowing that to happen without a fight ... and a divorce.

Natey Nate Nate is an amazing doctor. He was able to make Ashland feel better, after  chemo, with a few vitamin supplements.  Should we change Natey Nate Nate’s name toDr Feel Good?

Only if he's handing out Dilaudid with every visit.

First of all, Tuscany is not a city. It’s a region, of Italy, with Florence being its biggest city.  Natey Nate Nate Tuscany is not the most romantic place on earth, although it’s very beautiful, there are quite a few more places that are more romantic.  Bora Bora, Tahiti, and Bali come to my mind before Tuscany. 

IDK.

The most romantic place depends on who you're with.

I had to laugh 😂😂😂. As Nostrils was talking to Natey Nate Nate and Elena, Jerry Mahoney was very visible over Nostrils’ left shoulder.  Two dummies but Jerry is actually the smarter one and has the better personality. 

NotBilly is beside himself with jealousy over Victoria in love with Locke-ness and the wedding plans happening so quickly.

Watching NotBilly squeeze Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate Nate and St. Eleana for wedding information was pathetic. I'd feel sorry for his cheese stands alone feelz, but NotBilly disgusts me.

Paint drying is more interesting than NotBilly talking.

Sharon steered Adam in the right direction?  They sounded like they where making 360’s after 360’s. 

What did Sharon tell Atonal that he didn't already know?

He said a few weeks ago he needed to tell Connor the truth about his relationship with Chelsea.

By replacing Victor’s portrait with her own, Olive Oyl shows that her ego is as big or bigger than Victor’s. 

Victor retired from Newman Enterprises, operates in an emeritus roll on the NE board of directors, and his portrait hangs in the boardroom (or so we're told).

Unlike her father, Victoria didn't request or requisition the portrait, it was a gift from Locke-ness to curry her favor, and it worked. I'm not geared that way, but would be flattered by a portrait commissioned by Mr. Stunt from a favorite artist.

Maybe we should be asking why Locke-ness is acting so peculiarly before the wedding. Blueprints for a Locke Tower next to Newman Tower, giving a generous donation to the hospital, asking Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate Nate to be his best man and St Elena as his plus one to attend a lavish destination wedding, a portrait of Victoria as a gift .., All over the top actions, requests, and gifts, even for a wealthy man excited to be married.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 12