• Start Topic

Chance the Rapper

Chance Chance

Chancier Chance

Chanciest Chance

Chance Chance Chance Chance Bacon and Chance

Chancelot

Devonair

I hope they don't stick with Bowie. Nothing against the singer, I just think naming a kid that in 2021 is too hipster.

Meanwhile, here's some Bowie for Monday morning: Stay

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 8/28/2021 at 10:45 AM, lightninggirl said:

I'm going to once again whine about Stitch being brought back just to be used as the Unstable Kidnapper/Hostage-Taker. I'm still confused about what the hell he was trying to do in kidnapping Mariah & the baby anyway. What was that supposed to accomplish? Now we just have a decent actor who's easy on the eyes ripped away from us yet again. Sigh. He could've at least done us a solid and taken Buttbiscuit and Phyllis along with him or something.

I always thought he was a terrible actor during his first go around.  And his reappearance this time is truly puzzling.  I imagine that he wanted to be the hero and "find" Mariah and rescue her, so that Abby would get back together with him.  This guy is supposed to be a doctor, presumably somewhat intelligent, and he thought this was a good plan?!

I did find it interesting that Kevin and Rey kept talking about witnesses who saw an "old guy".  I get that he has grey hair, but he's really not THAT old enough to be called an "old guy", is he?  considering that Kevin and Rey are both in their 40s themselves.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, bannana said:

Wow, is that true? I never even thought of that but it definitely changes things.

Devon and Mariah were dating for a “few weeks” and I remember that Devon and Mariah had sex on the penthouse stairs. If memory serves, Mariah had no other male relationships before she met Tessa. I’m wondering that having sex with Devon made her realize that she prefers women to men 😜

Edited by Waldo13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Devon and Mariah were dating for a “few weeks” and I remember that Devon and Mariah had sex on the penthouse stairs. If memory serves, Mariah had no other male relationships before she met Tessa. I’m wondering that having sex with Devon made her realize that she prefers women to men 😜

I seem to recall a black character who Mariah had followed him to GC?  And he might have been dating Phyllis at the time?  Anyone else recall?

Bueller?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Chancelot

Devonair

I hope they don't stick with Bowie. Nothing against the singer, I just think naming a kid that in 2021 is too hipster.

Meanwhile, here's some Bowie for Monday morning: Stay

TIL that Bowie and Queen were so drunk when they did Under Pressure that they didn't even remember doing until they heard a recording of it.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 8
31 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

seem to recall a black character who Mariah had followed him to GC?  And he might have been dating Phyllis at the time?  Anyone else recall?

Bueller?

Yeah, I kind of remember someone who was Daniel's roommate back in the Amber years.  He was involved with someone and Mariah blew in to blow it up. Can't remember any names.....but didn't he and Mariah pull some criminal scams in Portland or some such?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I seem to recall a black character who Mariah had followed him to GC?  And he might have been dating Phyllis at the time?  Anyone else recall?

Bueller?

He was a photographer, right? Can't remember his name though.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Bueller?

19 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Yeah, I kind of remember someone who was Daniel's roommate back in the Amber years.  He was involved with someone and Mariah blew in to blow it up. Can't remember any names.....but didn't he and Mariah pull some criminal scams in Portland or some such?

1 minute ago, TVForever said:

Isn't that Tyler Michaelson?  The brother of Leslie the attorney?    Wasn't this all part of the infamous gaslighting of Abby?  We saw Mariah's hand onscreen and it was clearly the hand of a black woman.  I forgot who they were trying to suggest that Mariah was... but then weeks later she is revealed to be Camryn Grimes.  Nothing was ever said about the "black hand of Mariah".  It was as if the appearance of the black hand onscreen (which was clearly confirmed to be Mariah's hand I thought) never existed.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

I think we're about to get a twist on the "Surrogate mother can't let go" storyline. I don't think Mariah's going to be the problem. It's going to be the surrogate FATHER that's going to have a hard time letting go. Because Devon is getting ATTACHED. Especially with Chance being... wherever the heck is is.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

OMG! Phyllis is still wearing that hideous green satin thing. Are  TIIC that broke?

Sharon! Who the hell wears  a gold/silver lame cocktail dress to see her back from the dead daughter in the hospital?

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1

We saw Mariah's hand onscreen and it was clearly the hand of a black woman.  I forgot who they were trying to suggest that Mariah was... but then weeks later she is revealed to be Camryn Grimes.  Nothing was ever said about the "black hand of Mariah".  It was as if the appearance of the black hand onscreen (which was clearly confirmed to be Mariah's hand I thought) never existed.

The mystery hand belonged to Christel Khalil (Lily). She has an identifiable tattoo on the inner side of her wrist that many eagle-eyed viewers recognized. Probably at the time those scenes with the hand were filmed, the Mariah role either hadn't been cast yet or CG wasn't available to offer her hand for filming.

No, the photographer was a different Black character, Malcolm Winters, who was Neil's brother and is Lily's father. He was involved with several women over the years but Mariah wasn't among them. Mariah came to town in pursuit of her former lover,, Tyler, who was in marketing and graphic design. He was primarily involved with and briefly engaged to Abby, and was attorney Leslie Michaelson's younger brother.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Sharon! Who the hell wears  a gold/silver lame cocktail dress to see her back from the dead daughter in the hospital?

Well, I mean, she is the Golden Cooter, so...yanno...makes sense to me!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

But it’s ironic that Mariah was in the arms of the last male she was intimate with before finding Tessa her soul mate.  

On the stairs in Devon's apartment, no less. Then on to the fold-out sofa bed at Tessa's.  Poor Mariah. The implantation table at the OB/GYN was the most comfortable of the three.

The slight forehead scrunch and side-eye that Mariah made towards Abby, who was giving the doll a bottle and telling Elena that "we" intend to pump made me think that Mariah and Devon may fight for the baby.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, deirdra said:

On the stairs in Devon's apartment, no less. Then on to the fold-out sofa bed at Tessa's.  Poor Mariah. The implantation table at the OB/GYN was the most comfortable of the three.

That's the best endorsement of stirrups I've ever read.

And paper sheets.  Pour that champagne and break out the canapes.  Oh, and don't forget to dim the lights and put on some Kenny G.......

4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

No, she had been with Tyler when she first showed up and those two had been a couple.  

All indications were that were in a sexual relationship.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Yeah, I think it was pretty definite that they had been lovers.

Mariah also slept with Kevin once, and they were seen in bed together the next day regretting the experience. Apparently it was so awful they agreed to stop trying to date each other and just remain friends.

The slight forehead scrunch and side-eye that Mariah made towards Abby, who was giving the doll a bottle and telling Elena that "we" intend to pump made me think that Mariah and Devon may fight for the baby.

I caught a little bit of that scene in passing and was surprised Elena gave Abby formula to feed the baby. Isn't that going to make the baby less likely to accept breast milk if they've started out on formula?

• Love 5

I caught a little bit of that scene in passing and was surprised Elena gave Abby formula to feed the baby. Isn't that going to make the baby less likely to accept breast milk if they've started out on formula?

So, what are they going to do? Keep Mariah at the Chancellor Mausoleum as a wet nurse/brood mare? Gross.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, boes said:

That's the best endorsement of stirrups I've ever read.

And paper sheets.  Pour that champagne and break out the canapes.  Oh, and don't forget to dim the lights and put on some Kenny G.......

No, she had been with Tyler when she first showed up and those two had been a couple.  

I should have been clearer. I meant between Devon and Tessa, there wasn’t another male relationship. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Sally your a  lier lier pants on fire by praising Chelsea’s designs or should I say schmattas.  Chelsea is a hack at best. 

Are you fucking kidding me Chelsea with calling the kettle black by berating Sally. Sally is an angel in comparison to Chelsea and Chloe.  Chelsea get off your high horse in deciding if you want to work with Sally. What a tool!  

Maybe just maybe with Adam at Sally’s side, Rodan and Sally could have a fair fight. But as of now, Rodan can do nothing wrong, to Sally, because Rodan has a hoard of allies and TIIC let her do whatever she wants  

Sally you better watch your six with Chloe. Chloe can be as vindictive as Rodan. 

• Love 9

So Stitch eluded Victor's crack security team too? That darned crack. 😏

Chelsea did a fashion line for Forrester Creations? They must've been slumming that week.

Sally should try to dial back her enthusiasm sometimes, I think. She comes on so strong it can seem fake.

Lol, Nick, you don't ask someone a question like that unless you're okay with being lied to.  And if you have to ask you've probably already lost them anyway because your trust is gone--or at least wavering.

Chelsea shading Sally was rich given her own criminal past. Game recognize game, and game is perhaps scared of meeting their match.

Are you feeling a bit guilty, Sharon? Because you should be. You failed Mariah hard until almost the very last minute.

Why was Phyllis saying Ashland Locke is a millionaire? The guy is way richer than that unless he's recently been giving loads of money away. 🤔

Pssht, Phyllis, Sally ain't checking for your man. Get over yourself. And Sally, stop trying to defend yourself to that psycho. Phyllis is a bottomless well of "The World Revolves Around Me." Leave her to flail in her own emotional abyss.

Wonder how many more times is Chloe going to walk up on Sally and Adam schmoozing before someone has to quit or get fired?

Yep, looks like Mariah might not want to hand Bowie over to Princess Abby. Devon will have better case though since the child is biologically his. Three-way custody fight! 🥳

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Even though I like the give-and-take of Adam/Sally and like the easiness they have around one another...I still wish Sally would go for Nick.  Nick would get reeled in.  And Phyllis would get left with that maw hanging and the hair drooping down over her square face.  Hair and wardrobe must hate her.  And Sharon would have one less man hanging after her.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 12

So, what are they going to do? Keep Mariah at the Chancellor Mausoleum as a wet nurse/brood mare? Gross.

Abby told Elena that the agreement was that Mariah would pump her milk for the baby. I guess the question remains unanswered whether Mariah'll need to stay at the mansion to do that or whether she can have it couriered over from wherever she'll be living.

Meanwhile, I thought it was presumptuous of Elena just to give the baby formula. Maybe they could've woken Mariah up and asked her if she wanted to pump some milk. Why is Elena even involved since she's not a pediatrician?

I bet Mariah isn't going appreciate the way Abby is behaving, even though Abby is the baby's mother and has the right to make decisions about his welfare. Ugh, this is why Abby should've used a surrogate she didn't know personally, and kept it as a simple business transaction.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

This whole Mariah/Abby/Devon thing is going to get very complicated and sad. Of course, they can’t talk it out and work it out day by day at the mansion while the baby naps and nurses and they just enjoy this child’s existence. Chloe needs to back off of Chelsea. She also needs to get a new hair style. Her hair is awful!! As always, Phyllis is over the top and obnoxious. I will say again, I liked Sally on B&B but this iteration is beyond annoying. Talk about over acting!! Please stop this and act like a normal human being. How about that, Sally?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

This whole Mariah/Abby/Devon thing is going to get very complicated and sad. Of course, they can’t talk it out and work it out day by day at the mansion while the baby naps and nurses and they just enjoy this child’s existence. Chloe needs to back off of Chelsea. She also needs to get a new hair style. Her hair is awful!! As always, Phyllis is over the top and obnoxious. I will say again, I liked Sally on B&B but this iteration is beyond annoying. Talk about over acting!! Please stop this and act like a normal human being. How about that, Sally?

Gods, her facial gyrations! It's like she auditioning for Miss Rubberface USA.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

I had to look up Tyler's occupation.  Apparently he had an MBA and was a graphic designer specializing in marketing and social media.  He did marketing for Jabot and Nick's bar, The Underground (which Dina later burned down).

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I thought it was presumptuous of Elena just to give the baby formula. Maybe they could've woken Mariah up and asked her if she wanted to pump some milk.

Especially since the "baby" was not screaming in hunger or even "awake".  He could have waited until Mariah awakened & provided colostrum-containing first milk.  Though he might have balked at the protein-bar taste.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, blackwing said:

Isn't that Tyler Michaelson?  The brother of Leslie the attorney?    Wasn't this all part of the infamous gaslighting of Abby?  We saw Mariah's hand onscreen and it was clearly the hand of a black woman.  I forgot who they were trying to suggest that Mariah was... but then weeks later she is revealed to be Camryn Grimes.  Nothing was ever said about the "black hand of Mariah".  It was as if the appearance of the black hand onscreen (which was clearly confirmed to be Mariah's hand I thought) never existed.

Wasn't CK originally supposed to do a dual role and play Mariah?  Tyler had been flirting with Lily, and Leslie made several comments about how much Lily looked exactly like Mariah.  I guess they then landed CG and changed course.  It's funny talking about the early days of Mariah now, because Mariah was a big thorn in Abby's side at the time, and she was the reason Abby broke up with Tyler IIRC.

It was odd that Nate was talking about Devon's strong bond with the baby as if that was a good thing instead of a cause for alarm.   Add that to Mariah's "what are you doing with my baby?" look at the end, and...ughh..I'm not looking forward to what's coming.  They all signed legal documents, so there's nothing to argue about right?  Well, Amanda is a damn good attorney, according to Amanda, so maybe she put some loophole in Devon's contract giving him some claim to something.... 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, MollyB said:

Mariah wasn't around in the Daniel/Amber days.  There was some guy named Plum that Amber knew who came to town with some mysterious briefcase full of money or a reliquary or something and ended up getting murdered.  Hijinks ensued.  Daniel didn't even meet Mariah until he came back to GC for a visit a few years ago (GT was playing Phyllis at the time).  That meeting should have been so much better than it was. 

I think Mariah stole some things in Portland or wherever they were from and Tyler took the blame for it. Or maybe it was the other way around.  I remember Tyler feeling like he owed Mariah.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Maybe she revived Amber's trailer trash line.

Chelsea revived that, didn't she?  At least I thought so once we saw her trash bag runway show.......

• LOL 9

Grumpy post ahead.

I HATE this baby storyline more with each episode.  Today's show was an exerise in saccharine overload.

Cheap shot about how Neil would have been so proud.  Neil isn't the kid's grandfather anymore than Devon is the kid's dad or Mariah is the kid's mom.  The baby belongs to Abby and Chance and that's IT.  

It might take a village to raise a child in some places but only a village idiot would let them raise a child in Genoa City.  I've mostly liked Devon over the years but lately I can't stand the sight or sound of him.  That's saying a lot when Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate and the Sacred Heart of Elena are bleeding on our screen almost daily.

This was always some overly sweet frosted dog turd of a storyline and any emotions designed to give this more life makes me yearn for more ButtBiscuit scenes.  That's how BAD this is.

On a positive note, I've been mostly loving EB these days, in all of his scenes, than I have in years.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

Wasn't CK originally supposed to do a dual role and play Mariah?  Tyler had been flirting with Lily, and Leslie made several comments about how much Lily looked exactly like Mariah.  I guess they then landed CG and changed course.

Yeah, I remember that being the rumor but I never really bought into it because these are the men Lily's been paired with:

Billy Abbott
Cane Ashby
Joe Clark
Kevin Fisher
Daniel Romalotti

It appears that Tyler Michaelson did not fit her standard profile, if my drift is caught. 😉 Still, he had a crush on Lily and tried to pursue her but Cane was in the way.

The baby belongs to Abby and Chance and that's IT.  

I agree that the baby is Abby's but doesn't Chance have to adopt him first? I know a lot of places have laws that any child a woman delivers while she's married is assumed to be fathered by her husband. However, I don't know if that applies when the woman didn't carry the child herself. Theoretically anyone could be that baby's father (or mother, if there have been shenanigans with the eggs) so there should be another round of DNA tests to confirm who the biological parents are. At that point I think Devon could challenge the surrogacy agreement if he decides he wants to be the baby's official father.

I sincerely doubt Devon will try to keep the kid though. Not unless Chance is soon killed off or presumed dead.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, boes said:

Grumpy post ahead.

I HATE this baby storyline more with each episode.  Today's show was an exerise in saccharine overload.

Cheap shot about how Neil would have been so proud.  Neil isn't the kid's grandfather anymore than Devon is the kid's dad or Mariah is the kid's mom.  The baby belongs to Abby and Chance and that's IT.  

It might take a village to raise a child in some places but only a village idiot would let them raise a child in Genoa City.  I've mostly liked Devon over the years but lately I can't stand the sight or sound of him.  That's saying a lot when Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate and the Sacred Heart of Elena are bleeding on our screen almost daily.

I am really hating this baby storyline as well.  I know this is a soap opera, and the reason why Abby didn't use a stranger surrogate is because the surrogate had to be one of the regular cast members because of TV casting reasons as well as DRAMA, but this just seems like an odd decision to write Mariah and Devon as the parents who "can't let go".  They're not the parents!  This seems like such a disservice to every couple struggling to conceive a child who are looking into surrogacy... "be careful, some crazy people will try and claim the baby".  I know these situations can happen, but why glorify them with this depiction on the show? 

Worse, it seems like the show is trying to make Mariah and Devon's positions sympathetic.  "Mariah suffered through SO MUCH to bring this baby into the world, she was in peril and kidnapped and forced to eat nothing but protein bars, of COURSE she has a strong bond with this baby, it's the only way she got through it all!"  "Devon has always wanted to be a father and he helped deliver this baby and he looked at the baby and saw his eyes, of COURSE he has a bond!"  Aaargh.

14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Abby told Elena that the agreement was that Mariah would pump her milk for the baby. I guess the question remains unanswered whether Mariah'll need to stay at the mansion to do that or whether she can have it couriered over from wherever she'll be living.

Meanwhile, I thought it was presumptuous of Elena just to give the baby formula. Maybe they could've woken Mariah up and asked her if she wanted to pump some milk. Why is Elena even involved since she's not a pediatrician?

I bet Mariah isn't going appreciate the way Abby is behaving, even though Abby is the baby's mother and has the right to make decisions about his welfare. Ugh, this is why Abby should've used a surrogate she didn't know personally, and kept it as a simple business transaction.

I'm assuming that Elena took online courses in preparation for The Baby and she is now board certified in Obstetrics as well as board certified in Pediatrics, in addition to all of other specialties.

10 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Wasn't CK originally supposed to do a dual role and play Mariah?  Tyler had been flirting with Lily, and Leslie made several comments about how much Lily looked exactly like Mariah.  I guess they then landed CG and changed course.  It's funny talking about the early days of Mariah now, because Mariah was a big thorn in Abby's side at the time, and she was the reason Abby broke up with Tyler IIRC.

It was odd that Nate was talking about Devon's strong bond with the baby as if that was a good thing instead of a cause for alarm.   Add that to Mariah's "what are you doing with my baby?" look at the end, and...ughh..I'm not looking forward to what's coming.  They all signed legal documents, so there's nothing to argue about right?  Well, Amanda is a damn good attorney, according to Amanda, so maybe she put some loophole in Devon's contract giving him some claim to something.... 

Yes, I would assume documents were signed, so there should be absolutely no issue.  This is Abby and Chance's baby.  Well, Abby's baby, since Chance apparently fell into a volcano is seemingly never coming back.

The discussion about the "black hand of Mariah" yesterday reminded me that Mariah came to town because she was all jelly that Abby was with Tyler.  She snuck into Abby's room and messed around with it and tried leaving all that "Tyler is cheating on you" evidence.  Tyler and Abby broke up in part because of issues Mariah set into motion.  I recall that Mariah apologised to Abby about it.  But these two have never really been close, their introduction to each other started off on a terrible foot, and now all of a sudden they are the best of friends who agreed to this baby arrangement? 

Makes zero sense why Abby would have asked Mariah, the only explanation is that Mariah is pretty much the only woman on the show of the proper age.  It's such a strange situation, I know she is not Nick's daughter but she looks just like his dead daughter who was Abby's niece....  Seems like it would have been better to have chosen someone else, say maybe Sally.  For that matter, why did they need Duhvonne's swimmers?  Isn't there some kind of book with full colour glossy photos of potential donors?  Why wouldn't Abby and Chance have looked through the book and tried to find someone who looked like Chance?  Why Devon?  Apart from, of course, THE DRAMAZ!  So stupid.

• Love 16

Makes zero sense why Abby would have asked Mariah, the only explanation is that Mariah is pretty much the only woman on the show of the proper age.  It's such a strange situation, I know she is not Nick's daughter but she looks just like his dead daughter who was Abby's niece....  Seems like it would have been better to have chosen someone else, say maybe Sally.  For that matter, why did they need Duhvonne's swimmers?  Isn't there some kind of book with full colour glossy photos of potential donors?  Why wouldn't Abby and Chance have looked through the book and tried to find someone who looked like Chance?  Why Devon?  Apart from, of course, THE DRAMAZ!  So stupid.

Yes, that's been one of my complaints all along, how Abby just decided Mariah should be her personal baby factory. It never made any sense to me. I guess the show didn't want to hire a new character just to be Abby's surrogate--especially during the COVID mess--but Mariah? It would have made about as much sense for Abby to ask Chelsea or Chloe, At least they've had kids before and there would've been less risk of medical issues or them getting unduly attached to the baby.

Now Devon rushing over to offer his sperm was some next-level nuttiness IMO, based on he and Abby being longtime friends. Unlike Abby and Mariah, Devon and Abby actually are close and have been for many years. Abby (and Nina, yikes) actually did study the sperm donor sites looking for the ideal person but they didn't find anyone and then Devon came in to save the day. Chance was already gone so he wasn't involved in the decision. We've been told that he's been informed about Devon being the sperm donor and is fine with it. Sure. (Which is another reason why I think the actor playing Chance was dumped. I do not believe he could have convincingly portrayed Chance being okay with Devon as the sperm donor.)

• Love 12
7 hours ago, boes said:

It might take a village to raise a child in some places but only a village idiot would let them raise a child in Genoa City.

I'm going to needlepoint this on a pillow.  Excellent observation, Boes!

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, boes said:

That's exactly why I'm thinking Devon's the one to watch out for. He's acting VERY Dad-like.

Can't  Show just cast MO's husband as Chance? He certainly wasn't any worse than any of the other actors who've played him. The character needs to get back on the canvas ASAP, because his absence is just bizarre now. 

Oh, and I take back what I said earlier. Mariah is starting to act kinda weird about the baby. It looks like Abby might have to peel Devon and Mariah off of that baby.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Dominic, Damian, Dumbo, so many good choices.

10 hours ago, boes said:

Today's show was an exerise in saccharine overload.

The tongue baths lately make the show so much harder to watch. All these idiots do is drink coffee and tell each other how great they are.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, A-Lo said:

I missed the whole "Abby saves the day" episode.  Where was Stitch hiding Mariah?

Apparently Stitch rented a house just so he'd have someplace to stash Mariah.  I guess Neil's boat house wasn't available.

Just imagine that poor rental agent with Stitch:  "I don't  care how many bathrooms or bedrooms, it just has to have a windowless room with a working dumbwaiter".

I seriously doubt he's getting his deposit back.

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TVForever said:

Can't  Show just cast MO's husband as Chance? He certainly wasn't any worse than any of the other actors who've played him. The character needs to get back on the canvas ASAP, because his absence is just bizarre now. 

I am wondering the same.  He wasn't the greatest, but he was serviceable, and this is a show filled with actors who are merely "serviceable".  It doesn't seem like he's doing anything at the moment, and it's just very odd that Chance has been gone for so long with no real explanation.  Especially now that the baby has been born.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, blackwing said:

I am really hating this baby storyline as well.  I know this is a soap opera, and the reason why Abby didn't use a stranger surrogate is because the surrogate had to be one of the regular cast members because of TV casting reasons as well as DRAMA, but this just seems like an odd decision to write Mariah and Devon as the parents who "can't let go".  They're not the parents!  

But Abby made it Team Baby Rabies, and Mariah and Darvon were conscripted as integral members. That didn't go away when Mariah was impregnated; she was the incubator and Darvon became Abby's male support system in place of her husband Chance. 

Abby focused everything on Bowie and herself as Mother, while Mariah did the hard gestational work, eventually being kidnapped for Stitch's neurotic need to repair his past with Abby (which still does not make any sense to the SL).

Mariah cannot help her feelz about Bowie and being being reduced to being a milk machine stuck in the same house as the baby she carried can't make it any easier. She's roiling with hormones and in post-birth body mode. Her body is telling her it's all about Bowie, and it's impossible to ignore that call to the life she carried.

Darvon handled the emotional support water for the constantly jibbering Abby, becoming more invested in his procreative part in Bowie. Darvon complained regularly about Chance not being there for Abby, while taking on more and more personal responsibility over Abby and Mariah. When the team finally realized there was more to Mariah being gone, he took it upon himself to act on his suspicions with Stitch, have Chance contacted and hire PI Velma. 

Wanting Maria and Darvon to move to the cheap seats after their major contribution to the Newman Carlton Abbott Chancellor family is obscene.

This seems like such a disservice to every couple struggling to conceive a child who are looking into surrogacy... "be careful, some crazy people will try and claim the baby".  I know these situations can happen, but why glorify them with this depiction on the show? 

It's disgusting, but TIIC don't care about character-driven storytelling or how the story might be received to people carrying related burdens. 

It's like that with everything coming out of the writer's room, no matter how significant, shocking or trivial. Drop the bomb. Boom or splat. Move on.

Worse, it seems like the show is trying to make Mariah and Devon's positions sympathetic.  "Mariah suffered through SO MUCH to bring this baby into the world, she was in peril and kidnapped and forced to eat nothing but protein bars, of COURSE she has a strong bond with this baby, it's the only way she got through it all!"  "Devon has always wanted to be a father and he helped deliver this baby and he looked at the baby and saw his eyes, of COURSE he has a bond!"  Aaargh.

Mariah, in particular (and Sharon should have insisted), should have been in counseling to guide her through the pregnancy, prepping her to give Bowie up to Abby. Of course, naming him Bowie makes it more dificult to let go. Instead, Abby makes it all about the event, documenting, swarming Mariah and celebrating Abby's future family.

Darvon became Abby's male support system, in lieu of the missing Chance, becoming more protective and invested in his sperm donation than he realizes. Too close to Hillary 1.0 and their dead child ...

TIIC are deliberately writing Mariah and Darvon with personal issues that they should have addressed earlier about Bowie, but now are in full flower after the trauma of kidnapping and birth.

I'm assuming that Elena took online courses in preparation for The Baby and she is now board certified in Obstetrics as well as board certified in Pediatrics, in addition to all of other specialties.

Elena is another Super Doc, though she hasn't examined Mariah so thoroughly that she recognizes the incubator's attachment to Bowie isn't being addressed. The focus is all on Bowie and Abby.

How can Bowie be okay when he's 6+ weeks premature?

Nevermind.

Yes, I would assume documents were signed, so there should be absolutely no issue.  This is Abby and Chance's baby.  Well, Abby's baby, since Chance apparently fell into a volcano is seemingly never coming back.

Darvon and Hillary 2.0 (assuming Mariah and her lawyer) went over the standard details on sperm donation to make a baby with Abby's eggs months ago. Darvon played it like the entire Baby Rabies Team was going to be involved. No big whoop. Then reality bites and Darvon has possessive feelz over Bowie and Abby,

Enter Chance, stage left, to muck up all of Darvon's unrequited dreams over Hillary 1.0 and their baby.

Not much DRAMAZ, but incredibly stupid.

There were a couple of-age worthy uteruses on Show, but Mariah made the most sense, and TIIC made her Abby's instant best friend, maid of honor and incubator ... It made sense to TIIC, and that's all that counts on Show.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I missed it. What did Abby name the rug rat?

Dominic Philip Newman Abbott Chancellor. The D is for Devon, the M for Mariah.

Brad Carlton's memory is chopped liver.

Don't say it.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Don't say it.

I'm just gonna call him Pooter.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

^^^
Tater. I think I shall call him Tater.

I'm good with that one too!  My cousin had two rescue cats, one named Pooter and one named Tater.  

It's a miracle.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Mariah, in particular (and Sharon should have insisted), should have been in counseling to guide her through the pregnancy, prepping her to give Bowie up to Abby. Of course, naming him Bowie makes it more dificult to let go. Instead, Abby makes it all about the event, documenting, swarming Mariah and celebrating Abby's future family.

Darvon became Abby's male support system, in lieu of the missing Chance, becoming more protective and invested in his sperm donation than he realizes. Too close to Hollary 1.0 and their dead child ...

TIIC are deliberately writing Mariah and Darvon with personal issues that they should have addressed earlier about Bowie, but now are in full flower after the trauma of kidnapping and birth.

Elena is another Super Doc, though she hasn't examined Mariah so thoroughly that she recognizes the incubator's attachment to Bowie isn't being addressed. The focus is all on Bowie and Abby.

Oh not to worry... I'm sure Elena is getting her online correspondence course training as we speak, so soon she will be board certified in Psychiatry and board certified in Child Psychiatry as well.

1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Brad Carlton's memory is chopped liver.

Ugh.  At least they didn't go with "Demarian" or "DeMon" or "Demon".  I could see asking them to be godparents, but to actually name the baby after them?  So strange.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

^^^
Tater. I think I shall call him Tater.

I’m going to call him Bowie. 

Abby that dolt is using the D first. It should have been M first because Mariah had a lot more to do with the baby than Devon. Mariah put in months, Devon only put in seconds. Therefore I will call him Bowie. 

• Love 10

Nostrils you self serving son of a bitch, you’re always looking on the dark side for stories but don’t you think you should have a story about Mariah and her harrowing experience ending in triumph. 

Olive Oyl trying to control the media is one of the first times TIIC are imitating reality. 

Yesterday we got the overworked Elena as a Pediatrician and today we got Natey  Nate Nate as an Oncologist. Nate is Johnny on the Spot with vitamins to help Ashland to bolster post chemo affects. Wouldn’t you think that would have been the job of the infusion center?  

I feel for Mariah.  Not only she has some postpartum blues but ptsd from being held in a small room with no windows, the same ugly cloths, no bathroom, with nobody to talk to but Bowie. Also, in that stressful situation, I believe that Mariah bonded with Bowie a lot more than just baby and birth mother.  

I don’t want to sound like a dirty old man here but could TIIC allow Mariah and Tessa to have a reunion kiss beside a hug. It would have been a hell of a lot better than watching kissing between Nostrils and Lily and infinitely better than watching Rodan kissing Banana Breath.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10