Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, boes said:

Apparently Stitch rented a house just so he'd have someplace to stash Mariah.  I guess Neil's boat house wasn't available.

Just imagine that poor rental agent with Stitch:  "I don't  care how many bathrooms or bedrooms, it just has to have a windowless room with a working dumbwaiter".

I seriously doubt he's getting his deposit back.

Thanks for the info and the laugh, Boes!

• Love 8

Now that Lily is pretty much raising Victoria's children, I'm thinking Victoria better stop trying to get in Lily's face about Billy. It would be easy for Lily to make the kids prefer her over their ice queen mommy. Luckily for Vikki, Lily isn't the kind of person who'd do such a thing. 😏

Since Nate has been promoted to Chief of Surgery, he's been dressing more like a corporate boss. Maybe he inherited Kyle's old suits.

Meh, Mariah, AFAIC you don't need to be alleviating Abby of her guilt. She may not have been responsible for what Stitch did but she sure made a lot of excuses for several weeks not to initiate a search for you. 🤨

Lol, look at bigshot doctor Nate handing out energy pills. Ashton could've gotten those at a convenience store.🤕

Not sure how I feel about Elena having those blonde tips again. Oh wait: I hate them! 😾

Stitch is some kind of super criminal if he managed to evade the GCPD, Victor's security team, and Devon's PI. Sounds like the writers are leaving it open for him to come back though one would wonder why he'd risk it.

If Elena becomes ChancComm's new web doctor, will she quit working at the hospital? Or at least cut back on her hours?

Dominic. Okay. Guess they'll be calling him Dom, thereby establishing his inevitable future as a BDSM dungeon master. 😉

"We protect ourselves" is the Newman creed? Since when? I thought it was "Always be the biggest rich jerk in the room."

Victoria is very fond of those white jeans apparently. Seems like she's been wearing them longer than Phyllis has been wearing her green satin dress. Hee, maybe Victoria thinks Ashland is an assman. (Obligatory Seinfeld reference. 🤡)

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Victoria is very fond of those white jeans apparently.

Wasn't Abby also wearing the white jeans at some point? I say, if you can get away with it, do it!

Certainly better than Sharon wearing that weird sparkly dress while her daughter is missing. I wanted to see Sharon in jeans and a t-shirt; like most normal moms freaking out when they know their daughter is missing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18

Oh my gods, put down the crack pipe, Abby.  Dominic, because there's a "D" and an "M" in it?  Same with "Dimwit".    Mariah killed it with, "oh, I get the third letter."   I know Abby is too flighty to realize it, but what a slap in the face to Mariah.  On top of that, she sympathizes with Mariah's abductor.  WTF?  Motherhood made Abby instantly lose her mind. 

I thought the baby would be named Bradley.  Or Colin, but I wasn't sure if Colin is the boy version of Colleen.

So now Stitch is insane and on the loose with his insane-and-also-on-the-loose son.  Awesome.

Okay, so today Devon is clear-eyed and states that Abby is the baby's mother and Chance is the one and only father, and Amanda, who wrote Devon's contract, encourages him to embrace that stronger pull he feels to the baby.  Damn good lawyer, right there.

Now I'm totally confused about Ashland.  So he's not faking his illness?  He didn't know Nate was there when he started feeling woozy.  Or did he?  Hmmmm...I can't guess where this is going, which means the writers have no idea, either.

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
20 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

How can Bowie be okay when he's 6+ weeks premature?

Because I'm retired and have nothing better to do than think up conspiracy theories and my kids are sick of listening to them, I posit this:

Mariah had a little side action with a man (say about six weeks) before she became an incubator for Abby.  She finds her self preggers and doesn't know how to break it to Tessa. Then, Abby offers up the perfect solution!  

I don't have a theory yet why Stitch had to be involved.......unless, maybe, just maybe, he was the side action.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MollyB said:

How can Bowie be okay when he's 6+ weeks premature?

1 hour ago, MollyB said:

Because I'm retired and have nothing better to do than think up conspiracy theories and my kids are sick of listening to them, I posit this:

Mariah had a little side action with a man (say about six weeks) before she became an incubator for Abby.  She finds her self preggers and doesn't know how to break it to Tessa. Then, Abby offers up the perfect solution!  

Many people have situationally fluid sexual preferences, but Mariah doesn't seem to roll that way. She and Tessa are emotionally and sexually bonded to each other. There is no 'other or outsider' in their acquaintance that was trying to turn Mariah's affiliation away from Tessa where there would be the opportunity where Mariah would have sex with Mr. Side Action.

Other than the horrific possibility that Mariah was drugged and raped 6+ weeks before she went to the clinic to be impregnated with Abby's fertilized eggs -- That still doesn't work because Mariah would be given a pregnancy test prior to implantation, and told to come back in 9 months.

In your scenario there's the problem of Mariah trying to pass off the unexpected pregnancy as Abby/Darvon's spawn. In her earlier character incarnation, Mariah was a liar and cheat, but to volunteer to be an incubator to cover up a pregnancy doesn't follow for who Mariah has been written for so many years now

Personally I think TIIC don't care what the gestational calendar says or that it might matter to viewers. Mariah being kidnapped and giving birth in Stitch's basement room fits in with their story board calendar, and Bowie being premature doesn't matter to their Plot Plot Plot Drop Bomb and Move On.

I don't have a theory yet why Stitch had to be involved.......unless, maybe, just maybe, he was the side action.

The mental picture of a scrub like Stitch having sex with our Sweet Mariah is revolting.

It's bad enough that Stitch escaped and is running around Wisconsin with Max as his unbalanced shotgun. That's another anvil waiting to drop.

I wonder more about Bowie's paternity; if Stitch planned to return to Genoa City to reconnect with Abby and kidnap Mariah months before, there has to be a reason Bowie was so essential to his plans. What if Stitch switched his sperm for Darvon's so Bowie would be his son for some biological purpose that helps Max?

Gaaa! This SL is so stupid and makes no sense!

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Why in the hell is the launch party being held at the Grand Albatross?  The GCAC has been mentioned a few time so I’m sure it’s still in business. Even the Top of the Tower could have been used. By using the Grand Albatross, Adam and Victor are putting a very important launch party on the incapable wings of Rodan. 

Rodan’s conversation with Nostrils was more like watching the nose vs the beak. The more I think about it, these two deserve each other because their vindictiveness is their mantra. 

Why are TIIC going out of their way to call Adam asking Sally to be at the party as his date.  As an employee, of NM, wouldn’t Sally be going to the launch party anyway?  Isn’t Chloe invited?  

Elena, are you the only doctor at the hospital?  I’m sure there are a whole bevy of capable doctors that can look after your patient. TIIC just have to make Elena more capable than she actually is. 

Final thought:  They other day we where subjected to Rodan’s legs so today TIIC had to double down and subject us to Rodan’s droopy boobies.  Rodan doesn’t only need to be muzzled 🤐 but Rodan needs to wear a bra 😵

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

While I don't love Sally's latest color (I wish they'd embrace her natural strawberry-blond tones), I am kind of loving everything else about her and the possibilities with Adam.

Adam-Sally-arrive-party-YR-HW.jpg?w=1230

Since it seems clear that Shadam is probably never, gonna happen, I will gladly take Sally/Adam. That it will piss a lot of people off is the icing on the cake.

I also loved her telling Jack off. He needs to get off his damn high horse. Like he's never done anything wrong in his life. Like he didn't fuck his father's wife. Or wind up with a dead hooker in his bed. 

Her telling him off was a thing of beauty and man, that Sphyllis sycophant had it coming in spades.

When she turned back around to come striding toward him, I knew he was in for it.

Especially when he looked up with that snooty condescending sneer and asked: "Something to add?"

Sally: "I know that I'm not your favorite person at the moment. Things...are awkward between u, so. I thought that I would give you a heads-up that I would be at the party. But you went out of your way to make me feel small and insignificant. (She took the words right out of my mouth here). You were deliberately hurtful and frankly, Jack? That's beneath you." 

Yes, it is, and all so he can kiss Sphyllis' swamp ass. Which, screw that!

He just stares at her for a moment as if he cannot believe she, some peon now in his mind, would dare to speak to him like this.

Jack: "Are you finished?" Smug as hell. And I'm normally a Jack fan.

She sighs, wondering why she is wasting her time. "I am, actually. I'm finished with trying to play this game that I just can't win. To hell with that. I am who I am. And I'm proud of myself, in everything I've accomplished. I have the tools and the drive to make a success of myself." Yes, you do, girl.

Jack, patronizing: "You always did." He's trying to ooze sympathy as he starts to add "That's the shame of it. 

She cuts him off: "No. No. You know. You know what, Jack? No more lectures. No more brilliant advice. No more pitying looks. I am making a fresh start, with people who accept me, and who are rooting for me. And it feels REALLY GOOD. So you can think whatever you want of me." She scoffs. "I really don’t give a damn anymore.”

And struts off, with her pride and dignity intact while he has to sit there like the chump he is. 

Good for you, Sally. Good for you

But yes, let me bask in the glow of #Ally.

Adam-Sally-arrive-YR-HW.jpg?resize=1024,

They sizzle. Like steak on a grill.

E-ORLHnXMAI4Xpj?format=jpg&name=small

E-ORNGjXEAcZrB7?format=jpg&name=small

ETA to update with her speech to Jack in its entirety.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

What if Stitch switched his sperm for Darvon's so Bowie would be his son for some biological purpose that helps Max?

Gaaa! This SL is so stupid and makes no sense!

I've been thinking this. Also it spares Devon giving away his first born son - not a good look and not in character somehow. Especially since he already lost one baby with Hilary - unless my long to come theory about Mad Scientist Nate having Hil and child locked up somewhere ala, ROOM turns up.  

Maybe someone will notice Bowie has a basketball shaped head covered with platinum blond stubble.

BUT first!!!

Did everyone notice when Victor stood in front of the N logo the circle made a halo on his head But with tiny horns from the serif's on the N.  It had to be planned

• Useful 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Elena, are you the only doctor at the hospital?  I’m sure there are a whole bevy of capable doctors that can look after your patient. TIIC just have to make Elena more capable than she actually is. 

But then TIIC would have to hire more actors and I don't think Show can afford it. I had to laugh when Rodan was charging around  the Gangrenous PlantersWart today, barking orders through her Bluetooth at her phalanx of nonexistent staff.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Oh Sally, stop casting your pearls before, uh, swine. Jack does not exist for you anymore. Leave him alone.

Victoria: Ashland, you already told me about the older woman who mentored you and gave you your start. Are there any other secrets that I should know about?
Ashland: Well, since you asked, back in the day I met your mother in Vegas, and she and I--
Victoria: La la la la la! I can't hear you!

Seriously, Victoria, be careful about asking questions you might not really want to know the answer to.

Is there something special about Cuban chicken soup? Just curious.

Sally, stop! What you're doing now is verging on harassment. Don't make Jack have to get a restraining order. 😑

I thought Nikki said she was going to the salon to get her hair did for the big party? It didn't look any different to me.

Lol, Phyllis has no shame. She was swinging those floppy, stuffed tube sock boobs of hers around in that low-cut dress like she didn't have a care in the world. I pity the party attendees who'll have pretend like they aren't about to retch at the sight. (Or bust out laughing.) 😖

So far I'm giving the Best Dress award to Lily. We'll see if Sally brings any competition because Elena sure didn't.

OH DAMB! Sally! Werk. It. Girl. 😺

What where those things Adam and Sally were drinking? Whatever they were, they'd been sitting out a while and not on ice so I'm feeling potential safety issues. Ehhhh.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Those drinks that Adam and Sally picked up were almost empty and who knows how long they’d been sitting on the bar. I wouldn’t have tasted them for anything.

If I'd been stuck at  that party, with Phyllis shrieking and ButtBiscuit smirking, I'd have drunk motor oil if they'd put in front of me.

Keep 'em coming.

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

While I don't love Sally's latest color (I wish they'd embrace her natural strawberry-blond tones), I am kind of loving everything else about her and the possibilities with Adam.

Adam-Sally-arrive-party-YR-HW.jpg?w=1230

Since it seems clear that Shadam is probably never, gonna happen, I will gladly take Sally/Adam. That it will piss a lot of people off is the icing on the cake.

I also loved her telling Jack off. He needs to get off his damn high horse. Like he's never done anything wrong in his life. Like he didn't fuck his father's wife. Or wind up with a dead hooker in his bed. 

Her telling him off was a thing of beauty and man, that Sphyllis sycophant had it coming in spades.

When she turned back around to come striding toward him, I knew he was in for it.

Especially when he looked up with that snooty condescending sneer and asked: "Something to add?"

Sally: "I know that I'm not your favorite person at the moment. Things...are awkward between u, so. I thought that I would give you a heads-up that I would be at the party. But you went out of your way to make me feel small and insignificant. (She took the words right out of my mouth here). You were deliberately hurtful and frankly, Jack? That's beneath you." 

Yes, it is, and all so he can kiss Sphyllis' swamp ass. Which, screw that!

He just stares at her for a moment as if he cannot believe she, some peon now in his mind, would dare to speak to him like this.

Jack: "Are you finished?" Smug as hell. And I'm normally a Jack fan.

She sighs, wondering why she is wasting her time. "I am, actually. I'm finished with trying to play this game that I just can't win. To hell with that. I am who I am. And I'm proud of myself, in everything I've accomplished. I have the tools and the drive to make a success of myself." Yes, you do, girl.

Jack, patronizing: "You always did." He's trying to ooze sympathy as he starts to add "That's the shame of it. 

She cuts him off: "No. No. You know. You know what, Jack? No more lectures. No more brilliant advice. No more pitying looks. I am making a fresh start, with people who accept me, and who are rooting for me. And it feels REALLY GOOD. So you can think whatever you want of me." She scoffs. "I really don’t give a damn anymore.”

And struts off, with her pride and dignity intact while he has to sit there like the chump he is. 

Good for you, Sally. Good for you

But yes, let me bask in the glow of #Ally.

Adam-Sally-arrive-YR-HW.jpg?resize=1024,

They sizzle. Like steak on a grill.

E-ORLHnXMAI4Xpj?format=jpg&name=small

E-ORNGjXEAcZrB7?format=jpg&name=small

ETA to update with her speech to Jack in its entirety.

Yeah, all of this.   I almost always root for Jack, but he deserved everything he got today.  Including the opportunity to go to Victor's party ALONE.  Sad sack.

Why in the world would Phyllis outsource all of the banquet services?   She should have put Crystal in charge of this event.  Crystal gets $#!+ done at The Gummy Piecrust.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3

This?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476nqcli2tpd82kogqql

Or this?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47oezl2q97vhnhig0170

Will the real ButtBiscuit please stand up?  And then throw himself nose first into a woodchipper?  Please?   Did Jill give birth to this putz or was she cursed by an old woodcutter and had to raise his puppet?  One things for sure, though, Pinocchio had a much longer......nose?  Let's call it that.

Lily has apparently learned nothing.  They should be very harpy together.

So apparently Ashland may have gotten his start from some advantage he got from an older woman?  The only difference there between him and ButtBiscuit is that ButtBiscuit calls his older woman "Mom".

Purty high class establishment you got there, Phyllis.  Nothing says Klass in a Wisconsin resort like serving oysters flown in from somewhere else since the idea of locally sourced and sustainable wouldn't work with Phyllis unless they were serving deep fried crappie and cheese curds ala mode.  Who launches a news website in Wisconsin unless your investors are the suppliers of Udder teeshirts and bib overalls.  Gonna take 'em all on a hayride to the Dairy Queen later?  

She wouldn't last a DAY in one of the better establishments in Potosi or New Glarus.  Phyllis would be run out of town on a sharp cheddar wheel.

I almost had a fainting spell when Elena told Lily her groundbreaking idea of preventitive care?  Whoever HEARD of such a thing?  Other than my insurance company, my county health department, and my neighbor three houses down who won't shut up about how much I'd LOVE the Pilates for Seniors class down at the senior center - Tuesdays and Thursdays, yoga optional afterwards.  I hope her next great idea is a mailer so I can toss that in the trash unopened like I do the other three I get unsolicited every month.

Besides, isn't she still an intern?  Or did she do an accelerated evening course in Doctoring for Dummies like Sharon did?  I think you get a special hat when you graduate though I could be thinking of the Subway Sandwich Rewards program.....

11 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Yeah, all of this.   I almost always root for Jack, but he deserved everything he got today.  Including the opportunity to go to Victor's party ALONE.  Sad sack.  

Let me second that.  I love Jack (almost) unreservedly.  He has every right to be mad at Sally since she messed with his son's bouffanted giant head and his duckling fiancee, but enough with the condescending scolding every time he sees her.  He's done worse himself, but even moreso, his current muse, Phyllis, makes Sally look like a badly behaved toddler by comparison.  Feel free to lecture Sally the next time she mows down two people in front of Rexx Rugs because she's jealous and then spends the next quarter century crowing and laughing about getting away with it.   That's for starters.  

I'm taking a step over to the dark side........ I'm not hating Sally and Adam.  Not one bit.                 

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, boes said:

This?

Or this?

Will the real ButtBiscuit please stand up?  And then throw himself nose first into a woodchipper?  Please?   Did Jill give birth to this putz or was she cursed by an old woodcutter and have to raise his puppet?  One things for sure, though, Pinocchio had a much longer......nose?  Let's call it that.

So apparently Ashland may have gotten his start from some advantage he got from an older woman?  The only difference there between him and ButtBiscuit is that ButtBiscuit calls his older woman "Mom".

Purty high class establishment you got there, Phyllis.  Nothing says Klass in a Wisconsin resort like serving oysters flown in from somewhere else since the idea of locally sourced and sustainable wouldn't work with Phyllis unless they were serving deep fried crappie and cheese curds ala mode.  Who launches a news website in Wisconsin unless you're investors are the suppliers of Udder teeshirts and bib overalls.  Gonna take 'em all on a hayride to the Dairy Queen later?  

She wouldn't last a DAY in one of the better establishments in Potosi or New Glarus.  Phyllis would be run out of town on a sharp cheddar wheel.

I almost had a fainting spell when Elena told Lily her groundbreaking idea of preventitive care?  Whoever HEARD of such a thing?  Other than my insurance company, my county health department, and my neighbor three houses down who won't shut up about how much I'd LOVE the Pilates for Seniors class down at the senior center - Tuesdays and Thursdays, yoga optional afterwards.  I hope her next great idea is a mailer so I can toss that in the trash unopened like I do the other three I get unsolicited every month.

Besides, isn't she still an intern?  Or did she do an accelerated even course in Doctoring for Dummies like Sharon did?  I think you get a special hat when you graduate though I could be thinking of the Subway Sandwich Rewards program.....

Let me second that.  I love Jack (almost) unreservedly.  He has every right to be mad at Sally since she messed with his son's bouffanted giant head and his duckling fiancee, but enough with the condescending scolding every time he sees her.  He's done worse himself, but even moreso, his current muse, Phyllis, makes Sally look like a badly behaved toddler by comparison.  Feel free to lecture Sally the next time she mows down two people in front of Rexx Rugs because she's jealous and then spends the next quarter century crowing and laughing about getting away with it.   That's for starters.  

I'm taking a step over to the dark side........ I'm not hating Sally and Adam.  Not one bit.                 

Seconded! I hope Adam tells her about the dead hooker he disposed of for Jack.

Does anyone know if way back in the day around the time Phy was lying about Daniel's father if she was awos (absent without storyline) for a time? 4-9 months. Did she have anything to do with Jack? Might explain why jack never kissed Sally.  Snicker.

Adam and Sally do make a cute couple. Anyone is better than Chelsea.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Seconded! I hope Adam tells her about the dead hooker he disposed of for Jack.

Does anyone know if way back in the day around the time Phy was lying about Daniel's father if she was awos (absent without storyline) for a time? 4-9 months. Did she have anything to do with Jack? Might explain why jack never kissed Sally.  Snicker.

Adam and Sally do make a cute couple. Anyone is better than Chelsea.

The mere fact that Chelsea, for whom the word "grifter" was invented, was daring to throw shade at Sally is reason enough for me to root for #Ally. 

I love how they light up around each other. The actors enjoy working together and it shows. And while I could have gotten on board with Jack/Sally ala John/Jill, this is a million times better.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

his son's bouffanted giant head and his duckling fiancee

This is a thing of beauty. I am assassinated. 🤣

OMG, I beg the entire world: please do not put out into the universe the possibility of Jack being Sally's father. They haven't hit the sheets but they did kiss at least once that I recall, at the coffeehouse. It was one of those weird camera angle things where we didn't actually see any lips touching but other characters saw them (Kyle and Summer, I think) and commented on it so it did happen. I think it's bad enough that there's still the threat of Phyllis being Sally's mother. No. Just no to both of those possibilities.😧

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Please no to Jack being her daddy.

The squick factor, obvs, but also this would mean Jack abandoned two other kids besides Keemo (who?) as from everything I know from B&B, Sally and little sister Coco have the same parents.

And don't even get me started on the possibility of Sphyllis being Sally's bio-mom. 

no-michael-scott.gif

She's had enough shit handed to her, including being dumped for a trifling human-trafficker, and to be saddled with Sphyllis for a mother and Dummer for a sister???

Again, hell to the no!

• LOL 13
8 hours ago, boes said:

This?

Or this?

How about this?

9wwx.gif

Will the real ButtBiscuit please stand up?  And then throw himself nose first into a woodchipper?  Please?   Did Jill give birth to this putz or was she cursed by an old woodcutter and had to raise his puppet?  One things for sure, though, Pinocchio had a much longer......nose?  Let's call it that.

I always liked Jill. Even when she was digging a hole for herself and realized it, you had to admire her tenacity to dig a little deeper. And somehow she would pull herself out of that hole, damaged, but a little stronger from her defeat. Jill used every opportunity as a chance to move forward and rise from her many debacles.

NotBilly is a road too far for a right of return for Jill and John. He is beyond contrary and perverse, ungovernable and obdurate. NotBilly is never responsible for the damage he has done to others when others take the brunt of the blame or Jill bails NotBilly out.

NotBilly never has to pay for his personal and ethical failures, when someone shows up to save his bacon.

Lily has been been turned into NotBilly's second banana and business fixer. She sweeps up the broken crockery, she signs the checks that his ego can't cash, she scoffs at his arrogance and lack of self-awareness of his business supremacy, and Lily keeps the wheels of Chance Dot Com turning in spite of NotBilly's meddling. 

Yeah.

I don't understand what NotBilly is fixated on with that amuse bouche of Locke-ness trivia. There doesn't seem to be much there there, but like many tidbits dropped by TIIC, it might turn into something that gives NotBilly the ammunition to ruin Victoria's future, not to mention the merger.

Purty high class establishment you got there, Phyllis.  Nothing says Klass in a Wisconsin resort like serving oysters flown in from somewhere else since the idea of locally sourced and sustainable wouldn't work with Phyllis unless they were serving deep fried crappie and cheese curds ala mode.  Who launches a news website in Wisconsin unless your investors are the suppliers of Udder teeshirts and bib overalls.  Gonna take 'em all on a hayride to the Dairy Queen later?  

The only thing high class were the floral arrangements. All the Devil's satin and sequins are wearing me down on cocktail dresses.

Yum! Crappie chips and Pumpkin Seed Sunfish roll ups!

Why Genoa City is turning into the information center of the Mid-West makes no sense. There aren't enough tech workers in GC to open a Kinkos.

No one is going to waste a wheel of government cheese on Phyllis. Throw her over the hood of a F350, like a deer carcass, and drive until she stops making noise. Take off the bungee cords and leave her in the wood; let the wood ticks and mosquitos finish her off.

Every site online is monetized, so how is this a novel approach that Lily is unaware of?

Are TIIC 15 years behind on trends on the interwebs?

<shakes head> This is going to suck.

Besides, isn't she still an intern?  Or did she do an accelerated evening course in Doctoring for Dummies like Sharon did?  I think you get a special hat when you graduate though I could be thinking of the Subway Sandwich Rewards program.....

Super Doc Elena! *pshttt* Internships and Crimson Lights punch card for a free latte; Elena is so far above and beyond her fellow interns, she should be crowned Queen of Memorial and get the same lionized treatment Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate Nate receives from the citizens of Genoa City.

Jack's ego was dented falling for another grifter like Phyllis. He might have had Pygmalion-like plans for Sally, but she was way ahead of him on the emotional/career maneuvering, and he resented being fooled again by her. It didn't help that Phyllis conflated Sally's activities as monstrous, or that Dumber was the recipient of the better job/location for all of Sally's efforts.

Boo fucking Hoo, poor Phyllis. Dumber left home without Phyll's permission and now won't come home! Waaaaaaaaa! Must wear acidic Devil's satin and no underwear in mourning!

I'm good with them too. Atonal Adam is usually droning troll, but Sally animates him.

CH is doing most of the hard work on screen; she's a dynamic personality and most actors ride on her coattails ... like MG is doing. He can play to his strong points (snarky, insincere, sarcastic, wooden delivery) and let Sally tear up the joint.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9

Lol! Similar to Victor though. Where would TGVN be without Mrs. C.?

• Love 10

I am SMH at Sphyllis and Drinki and calling bullshit on these holier than thou crones passing judgment on Sally. These two have enough skeletons in their closets to populate two good-sized cemeteries, including dumpster sex, cheating on their partners, lying about paternity, putting an octopus in a newly-married couple's bed, stripping, and MURDER so they can both STFU and take all the seats.

They are pissed because Dummer chose to take her dream job (that Sally helped her get!) and why wouldn't she? She got her happy ending with Pouf so why the fuck are they being such See You Next Tuesdays to Sally?

They are pissed that Dummer wants to live her own life and taking it out on Sally.

I hate these hags and wanted to smack the taste of out of both their mouths, Drinki's especially when she was smiling like the cat with the canary as she listened in while Sphyllis raked Sally over the coals over a situation she largely wasn't responsible for. It was mostly Tara and Dummer's OWN decisions with a sprinkle of Sally (and again, please explain to me how Sally helping to orchestrate the job of a lifetime for Dummer was this horrible thing?)

Adam, bless you, for putting a much-needed sock in Jack's sanctimonious musings about bringing out the potential he saw in Sally: "Jack, I'm not planning to be anyone's redemption story." Sally isn't a pet project FFS!

Drinki having to trash Sally even more when she has no room to talk to anyone, about anything, ever just made me hate the character.

And honestly, it was pretty damn gross watching  the meanest and nastiest of mean girls (and I'm being kind when I use the word "girls" as these two haven't been girls in a milennium) pile on Sally. And that includes Lily, who was a little ridiculously gleeful over the fight that ensued.

But what the hell to Sphyllis calling Sally a "circus act?" Sally's parents were circus performers so, is that an anvil? As I posted upthread, please soap gods, anything but this.

Sally quite rightly threw her drink in Sphyllis' face. Surprisingly, she didn't melt.

And while I was initially angry when Sphyllis dumped the ice bucket on Sally's head, I quickly smiled, as Adam did, and, I think, for the same reasons - that Sphyllis thinks she is so damn superior and yet she's the one who lost complete control. 

Sally looked so sad and vulnerable in the elevator.

And just look at who swooped in to baby drowned rat Sphyllis. Smilin' Jack. Nick, better keep an eye on that. 

But forget them. I'd rather talk about #Ally.

Adam, getting her a towel and asking her if she was okay.

Sally, choosing to be transparent vs guarded, "No, I'm not okay. I was having a really nice night." But apparently, she's undeserving of anything good in her life according to some nasty bitches. " Until I was attacked by that low class, spiteful, tacky, hypocritical bully." Sighing, then "She kept coming at me. What was I supposed to do?"

And Adam, understanding, tries to lighten the moment: "Seems like a proportional response to me. You know that is really gonna be a tough act to follow when I gotta make the announcement." A beat. "Maybe I should give my speech naked."

A look between them.

Sally, deadpan: "Well, that would certainly get my attention." She tries to smile, but falters, her composure crumbling, "I'm really sorry for ruining your event."

He is quick to reassure her: "Look, nothing is ruined. If anything, the party needed to be livened up a bit. And...I like your fire."

Well, then. 

3G-zD1Et?format=jpg&name=900x900

🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Love 21

Phyllis was paid a butt load of money to put on this event for NewmanMedia and to make sure that everything went smoothly. And yet, she’s the one in the lobby yelling at a guest and creating a scene. Huh? I am so sick of this woman creating all of this conflict, calling people nasty names and thinking she’s in charge of the world and everyone in it. Gosh, I truly do hate this character.

• Love 22

Nikki goes from stripper to murderer to drunk to snobby snob snob. Nikki take the rod out of your ass and go back to drinking. I liked you a lot better then. Nikki, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Summer is alive and extremely well in Milan. I didn’t here you complain when Victor sent Summer to Dubai.   

No Nikki, Adam would try to have a relationship with Olive Oyl. It’s Olive Oyl that wants no part of Adam. Olive is very paranoid to the point of being extremely combative with Victor and even more so with Adam.  

Get over yourself Devon. Your biological connection to Bowie is a Petri Dish.

Oh happy day!  Rodan is all wet. But I can see it now, Rodan will be vindicated while Sally will be bastardized.  Why are they willing to accept whatever Rodan and Nostrils does as Rodan being Rodan and Nostrils being Nostrils but Sally can’t be Sally. It’s like saying, for Rodan and Nostrils that Ted Bundy loved women it’s just that he loved them to death. Or like Hannibal Lector loved  Fava Beans and a nice Chianti with his liver. 

• Love 15

Whee, if Nikki had been any colder toward Sally I think a family of polar bears would've wandered into the Grinding Porpoise looking for a place to kick back for a while. Stay sweet, Nik. 😉

That pale green is not a great color for Amanda, IMO. Bleh.

Listen to Adam, Sally. Victoria Newman is not going to get married in a Sally Spectra dress unless every high fashion designer in the world drops dead and all their clothes disappear from the surface of Earth.

Devon's sharing photos of Tater like he's the proud papa. Ruh roh.

I did not know people drank champagne out of those shallow coupe glasses. I always thought those were for eating pudding or fruit compote. 🤔

See Billy, talking sh!t to someone who's not inclined to be intimidated by or impressed with you is how you get your feelings hurt. What you did with Adam was the verbal equivalent of getting your peen caught in your zipper.

Phyllis, exactly what point during a horror film would someone want the monster to show up? You're not good with the analogies, hon. But Nikki sure did like your latest attempt at trash-talking Sally. She was smirking like she'd just taken a nice, warm dump in her Huggies. 💩

Sigh, Devon's just now realizing what a mistake he made agreeing to give away his first child to be raised across town by his friends. I think Neil would've tried to talk him out of doing it.

Adam, you don't owe Jack any explanations about you and Sally. And Jack, STFU. Ugh, I dislike you so much right now. 🤬

Yeah, no, there's no way Crystal doesn't know who Billy is (and that he doesn't work for Adam). He used to live in the hotel FFS. I'm glad they gave the actress some lines though. There's a certain corner of the soap interwebs that will be majorly pissed because they hate Crystal. 😏

Proportional response. Pssht. AFAIC Sally should've kicked Phyllis in the lady bits instead of tossing a drink at her. Meanwhile, why does Adam have a room at the hotel? Doesn't he live at the ranch?

At some point I'm gonna need Adam not only to inform Sally about the dead hooker in Jack's living room, but also how Phyllis helped him hack into Victor's medical records so Adam could try to give him an overdose. Let's give Sally some real ammunition for a change since those two won't climb off her a$$.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

why does Adam have a room at the hotel? Doesn't he live at the ranch?

It was a storage room for Newman media promo materials. Although leaving a laptop unattended and without password protection is pretty stupid. Then again the whole town could use a brain transplant.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I can’t stand Nikki joining in on Phyllis’s absurd hatred for Sally because she helped her moron dotter get a good job. 
Nikki was more fun when she was drinking. 

F3F16890-79C1-4D35-ABD7-14769BF53617.jpeg

Isn’t very telling that Summer doesn’t want to come home. Sally should be throwing that in Rodan’s face. If Rodan is yearning for her daughter, than why doesn’t she sell the Grand Albatross and move to Milan. Rodan could open a hotel in Milan and call it The Grandeo  Rodaneo. For that matter Nikki could move to her villa in Tuscany. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

Devon should have been having that conversation with Mariah, who is probably experiencing the same feelings 1000x over, magnified even more by PTSD and post-partum depression.  Is anybody even concerned about her emotional well-being, or has that ship sailed/hit an iceberg/sunk now that she successfully popped out the kid?

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
19 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Devon should have been having that conversation with Mariah, who is probably experiencing the same feelings 1000x over, magnified even more by PTSD and post-partum depression.  Is anybody even concerned about her emotional well-being, or has that ship sailed/hit an iceberg/sunk now that she successfully popped out the kid?

I’ve missed a couple of episodes but has Sharon the therapist been to see Mariah and talk to her?

41 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Isn’t very telling that Summer doesn’t want to come home. Sally should be throwing that in Rodan’s face. If Rodan is yearning for her daughter, than why doesn’t she sell the Grand Albatross and move to Milan. Rodan could open a hotel in Milan and call it The Grandeo  Rodaneo. For that matter Nikki could move to her villa in Tuscany. 

I’d be happy with another long coma. Just as long as there’s no more Coma Be Gone medication that they used the last time. “We found some in Phyllis’s room but it expired”

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I did not know people drank champagne out of those shallow coupe glasses. I always thought those were for eating pudding or fruit compote. 🤔

Uh, that's because nobody has drunk champagne out of smoked-glass chimney-style coupe champagne glasses since November 1972.

I know I'm subsisting on morsels of props and costumes where show is concerned, but unless LA has fallen prey to a particularly ugly period of glassware design, I don't understand [and I was in that business]. And the show's prop people spent money on the entire suite of ugly-ass glasses--tumblers, wine glasses, and all.

Edited by pearlite
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

And the show's prop people spent money on the entire suite of ugly-ass glasses--tumblers, wine glasses, and all.

Maybe they found them at a thrift shop? I used to have some of those smoky grey/brown coupe things (which I never drank out of, only ate pudding and such) and I gave them to Goodwill.

I think at least some of the stemware they use on the show is plastic though, albeit somewhat higher quality plastic. Not too long ago a character clumsily set their wine goblet down on a table and the sound it made was clearly that of plastic versus glass. I remember being kind of surprised but maybe it's safer to use plastic right now. (They can just buy in bulk and toss after filming.)

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Elsewhere, I'm fine with Adam putting the brakes on anything more happening with Sally.

Give me that slow burn, baby.

That kiss before they broke apart though and him with his hands on her face even as he was pushing her away.

Pf1t8jDI?format=jpg&name=900x900

Him confiding that he's "toxic" and reason #1 why this (them) is a bad idea.

Sally acknowledging she doesn't have the best track record in the romance department either.

"But," she muses, "it's a damn shame though. 'Cause I feel like it would have been pretty spectacularly."

Adam, struggling to keep his composure, "Well...this way, it can stay spectacular, locked away in our imaginations."

He takes her by the shoulders. Their eyes lock. "Do we agree?"

"No," their eyes say. Even as he pulls his hands away.

I loved how they looked at each other when they got back off the elevator.

Jack "Bittercakes" Abbot saying, "To each his or her own." Eat your heart out! And it's clear he is...over Sally and (puke) Sphyllis.

I loved #Ally sharing another drink afterwards. 

Him asking for feedback and her giving it. Him secretly pleased with her praise.

And then Sally telling Adam that she was going to go home when I think he would have been happy to sit there all night with her.

Then, she shows why I adore her so.

Sally: "In case you were wondering, the answer is 'yes.'" At his questioning look, "Despite your warning, there is a good chance that I will be dreaming of spectacular things tonight about what might have been."

Then, she struts away slowly enough for him to get a very long eyeful of exactly what he's missing out on. 

Something tells me neither will get much sleep tonight.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

I did not know people drank champagne out of those shallow coupe glasses. I always thought those were for eating pudding or fruit compote.

5 hours ago, pearlite said:

Uh, that's because nobody has drunk champagne out of smoked-glass chimney-style coupe champagne glasses since November 1972.

I know I'm subsisting on morsels of props and costumes where show is concerned, but unless LA has fallen prey to a particularly ugly period of glassware design, I don't understand [and I was in that business]. And the show's prop people spent money on the entire suite of ugly-ass glasses--tumblers, wine glasses, and all.

I serve Champers in champagne flutes 

sz-pure-flute-lg.jpeg?v=1571440830

On occasion, a champagne tulip will make an appearance at parties.

81804646284877p?$690$&wid=690&hei=690

It can be also used for red wine service.

Whatever post-modern swag coupes were being used to serve drinks at the Grisly Pelican, I would have gone to the bar and ordered a real drink, because I would have needed one or six.

What kind of party takes place where the venue operator insults the customers, and the corporate host tolerates bickering, screaming, drink throwing as the matinee before the main event that doesn't involve a cage match and side betting?

Phyllis is a well-respected organizer on the bear-baiting and dog fighting circuit, and leading psychotic at Bedlam Hospital.

19 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Devon is fairly self-contained when it comes to exposing ignorance or personal weakness. It's disturbing that he went into this biological experiment while still hanging on to Hillary 1.0/Dead Baby. Any reputable therapist (of which there are none in Genoa City) would have recommended against Darvon as a sperm donor because of his attachment issues.

Both Darvon and Mariah should have been receiving regular counseling to discuss their concerns, their expectations and  position in the Baby Rabies Team.

At this point I see Abby circling the wagons to repel Mariah's post-partum behavior, and becoming a Mama-zilla protecting Bowie from attaching himself to Mariah. Irony burns, considering Bowie was incubated inside Mariah.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

At this point I see Abby circling the wagons to repel Mariah's post-partum behavior, and becoming a Mama-zilla protecting Bowie from attaching himself to Mariah. Irony burns, considering Bowie was incubated inside Mariah.

Forgive me, I wasn't paying much attention to all the deets but was the egg Abby's or Mariah's?

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Forgive me, I wasn't paying much attention to all the deets but was the egg Abby's or Mariah's?

It was Abby's.  She can produce, just not carry to term.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I have to say with the two black eyes and stringy hair covering a good part of Rodan’s face, Rodan looks better than she has in months and months 😜.  Rodan has a drink thrown in her face and Sally had a bucket of ice poured over her head and yet Sally still looks good while Rodan looks like a drowned rat. 

Has Lily really devoted herself to the black side?  Lily seems she has now bought into Nostrils antics and no longer the voice of reason. 

I had to laugh when Elena was mentioning the fact that Natey Nate Nate wanted to expand the surgical wing of Memorial to save far more lives. Surgical patients are just clambering to come to GC to have their surgery done. 

Does anyone else get the feeling that Rodan amuses Victor.  Victor had harsher words to Rodan than he had for Sally via Adam. 

You could have knocked me over with a feather that Rodan actually confessed to Banana Breath that she was the instigator. The world must be coming to an end.  Banana Breath, Sally is the button pusher🙄🤯?  Rodan is the biggest button pusher since the US/Russia reset in 2009. 

This might be a minor point but when Adam was waiting to be introduced he cast a shadow on the wall but as Victor was standing there watching Adam speak, Victor did not cast a shadow on the wall. Was this do to lighting?  Maybe not!  

Hey Nikki, Sally can’t be trusted because of what she did to poor poor dimwitted Summer but Rodan can be trusted?  Does Nikki know that Rodan was part of the plot to change Victor’s medication?  Does Nikki know about Rodan’s run ins with her precious daughter, Olive?  And of course the big betrayal is that Rodan is more trustworthy than Sally even after Rodan through Nikki, Sharon, and Olive under the bus to save her own skin with the J.T. debacle.  

Why-o-why did we have to listen to Tessa, who can sing, sing the lullaby prerecorded but we had to listen to Tigirlily live with their questionable singing?  Just asking. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

This might be a minor point but when Adam was waiting to be introduced he cast a shadow on the wall but as Victor was standing there watching Adam speak, Victor did not cast a shadow on the wall. Was this do to lighting?  Maybe not!  

The Undead do not cast a shadow.

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’ve missed a couple of episodes but has Sharon the therapist been to see Mariah and talk to her?

Sharon visited her in hospital, but didn't talk to Mariah about her possible PTSD, post-partum depression or relinquishing of the child she has been carrying for months. I think Sharon had a round of botox right before the abduction and has been as expressionless as a deer in he headlights ever since.  So it is impossible to guess what she is thinking or feeling.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
On 8/25/2021 at 1:19 PM, Gam2 said:

I’m sick to death of Phyllis and her hair and her lack of undergarments and her butting in to everyone’s business and her constant whining about her dotter moving away. Isn’t it time for her to take a long vacation? Please?

I fucking hate her. She's a bully and a whole cow. Nothing like hypocrisy to get the blood boiling. Phyllis the hit and run driver calling Sally trouble? And Lauren can trip on her Louboutins and break her neck, she's friends with Cricket and knows what Phyllis did but she's gonna act like Sally is some pariah. Fuck her, fuck Jack, fuck Phyllis and fuck that well to do stripper snob Nikki. I'd love it if they'd all take a seat on the damn ocean floor. "Oh hahahaha isn't it so funny bullying poor people?" Oh fuck these classist dickheads. /RANT OVER

Edited by slayer2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

That kind of changes what I was thinking about Mariah bonding with him. It's very complicated. Feelings, right?

Feelings is putting it mildly. 

Mariah may be “only” the gestational carrier but her body, her mind, in the throes of PPD and about a million other hormones doesn’t know that.

Add in her recent ordeal of being kidnapped, isolated and cut off from her support system, her only stability and security wrapped up in the baby she was carrying and it’s no wonder she’s in the state she’s in. She might need a minute here to process and begin to start to separate and say “goodbye” to the mother/son relationship she built, even if mostly subconsciously.

But Abby is the baby’s mother, biologically and just as much emotionally. 

So it’s hard and could make for a compelling story but that’s not what TPTB do. Instead, Mariah will lose her marbles (like mother, like daughter, right?) and it will be she and Abby cat-fighting over Dom.

• Love 6

I'm not looking forward to whatever wretched storyline TIIC are planning with Mariah's feeling about the baby.  The pregancy storyline was such a mess and I can't imagine this being anything but worse.  Now that Amanda is encouraging Devon in his own Daddy dementia I'm pretty sure she'll be involved as well, probably helping Mariah and Devon sue for some sort of custodial arrangement involving the kid.   To make it all worse, since Show apparently can't afford a courtroom set anymore it'll happen at Crimson Lights.

Somebody get that baby a latte!  

Phyllis is the WORST ..... except when she intersects with Victor.  After what he did to her with Jack's doppelganger, Victor shouldn't even open his mouth to her and certainly not to chide her, no matter the offense.  She's awful and I hope Sally encases her in gelatin and serves her as canapes, but NOT Victor, not ever.  Phyllis always gets a pass from him after the horrific crap he pulled on her.

By the time Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate and St. Elena try to get down to sexay times they'll both be so slippery from those tongue baths they're giving each other they'll slide right out of bed and land with a PLOP!

Lily willingly got a room at the Gassy Prostate so she and ButtBiscuit could recreate their first night together?  Did she bring her own copy of the  Necronomicon?  Will Lovecraft and Cthulhu be joining them?  I always knew Phyllis' hotel was a portal to the dark side.

Good buildup to Sally and Adam.  Those two work together, at least so far.  Sally better find someplace else to get her coffee once Sharon finds out.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

Did anyone else’s eyes roll out of their heads when Victor offered St, Elena a job as Chief Medical Journalist at Newman Media? I mean, I realize she can do anything and everything, but has she ever written a single article or research study? Aside from being Natey Nate Nate Nate’s girlfriend and the new star of AskMDNow, what exactly has she done to warrant everyone fighting over her? i really liked her when she first came to town, but now I’ve had more than my fill. 

I knew Abby would go apeshit over Mariah feeding the baby. If she had her way, Mariah wouldn’t have anything to do with Dominic. ever. Except of course to pump milk. I get that it’s complicated. And I understand Abby feeling proprietary. But for the love of all that’s holy, Mariah just went through pure hell and none of her ‘support system’ even blinked until she was gone for weeks. And even then, if it wasn’t for Tessa’s prodding and pleading that something was wrong, they STILL wouldn’t be worried. So Abby can take several seats right now. She’s the one who wanted Mariah to be in the baby’s life. What did she think would happen after Mariah carried the child for 9 months? That she’d just hand over the kid and walk away? As others have said, THIS is why you hire a surrogate who is NOT your best friend. 

Phyllis really does need a long vacation. Somewhere far, far away from GC. Do the writers truly think that she’s amusing? Or righteous? Because all I see is a sad, pathetic 50-year-old woman who acts like she’s 14. She’s the very definition of mean girl. And everyone around her either humors her or encourages her. At least Victor told her to behave.

the less said about Billy the better. 

I really, REALLY like Adam and Sally. And I love how he told her honestly that he’s toxic and screws up every relationship he starts. I want them to end up together but it’s nice to see a couple not jump into bed on the first date./meeting.

• Love 19

I’m glad to see that TPTB have decided to sacrifice Jack at the altar of the Dumpster Humper. No, I’m actually the complete bleeping opposite of glad. It was a month ago that Jack was telling her he was disgusted by her vendetta against Sally, but now his head is up her behind. Why are so many characters okay with this 50+ year-old woman acting like a child followed by her meaningless half apologies?

They've somehow managed to make Billy even more annoying than the Dumpster Humper. That’s like scaling the Mount Everest of annoying. I’m fast forwarding most of his scenes now and I’m still saying STFU.

The actress who played Elena looked really good at the event. How had I not noticed that hotness before now??

I guess Solomon would say separate Baby DomBowie into 15 pieces with the way that storyline is going.

Edited by nasir jones
ETA
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
36 minutes ago, boes said:

Lily willingly got a room at the Gassy Prostate so she and ButtBiscuit could recreate their first night together?

Remember when Lily and Cane used to do that Paris themed thing at the drop of a hat? Can't believe I miss the good old days when Lily was with Cane? That's how awful ButtBiscuit is - he makes me miss Cane!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1