Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Lastly, even if Ashland is Tony Soprano’s son, Banana Breath has no skin in the game to go behind Olive’s back.  

Especially after she expressly asked him not to. Banana Boy is a sanctimonious jackass and I just want to smack him.

• Love 17
On 10/1/2021 at 3:30 PM, Waldo13 said:

For me personally LOVE is LOVE. When you love someone that deeply, it doesn’t matter what was in the past. It’s the present that is ultimately the most important.  If you let a persons past effect you, than it’s not unconditional love.  

This is what I know about love.

The first definition of love as agape is love as the action of perfect goodness for the sake of the other. This is the most basic meaning of love: to do everything possible for the well-being of others. (John 3:16, John 12.47, Colossians 1:13-17, John 1:1-3)

The second definition of love as eros is love for the sake of union with the other. Erotic love is no sin when it is free from sinful passions. It can be the pure desire for communion with the other, including God. (Matthew 22, Revelation 19-22)

The third type of love is friendship -- phila. This also should exist between man and God. According to scripture, the very purpose of the coming of Christ was to dispel all enmity between God and man, and to establish the co-working of Creator and creature in the fellowship of friendship. (Exodus 33:11, John 15:13-15)

In 1 Corinthians 13:4–8, St. Paul delivers the epistle on the nature of love. Love, he says, is long-suffering and kind. It rejoices in truth and bears all things. It believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. Love never ends. In this world and contemporary society that encourages prideful individualism and selfishness, love is the corrective measure.

Christ designates love as the identifying mark of His followers: “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13:34–35).

Sr. Veronica would be pleased with her former catechism student.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

This is what I know about love.

The first definition of love as agape is love as the action of perfect goodness for the sake of the other. This is the most basic meaning of love: to do everything possible for the well-being of others. (John 3:16, John 12.47, Colossians 1:13-17, John 1:1-3)

The second definition of love as eros is love for the sake of union with the other. Erotic love is no sin when it is free from sinful passions. It can be the pure desire for communion with the other, including God. (Matthew 22, Revelation 19-22)

The third type of love is friendship -- phila. This also should exist between man and God. According to scripture, the very purpose of the coming of Christ was to dispel all enmity between God and man, and to establish the co-working of Creator and creature in the fellowship of friendship. (Exodus 33:11, John 15:13-15)

In 1 Corinthians 13:4–8, St. Paul delivers the epistle on the nature of love. Love, he says, is long-suffering and kind. It rejoices in truth and bears all things. It believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. Love never ends. In this world and contemporary society that encourages prideful individualism and selfishness, love is the corrective measure.

Christ designates love as the identifying mark of His followers: “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13:34–35).

Sr. Veronica would be pleased with her former catechism student.

Walking the walk.

• Love 7

Why are they pushing Jack and Phyllis? She is disgusting and banged his brother. Yet Sally is portrayed as an evil being for helping a moron get a job. Speaking of, Summer and Kyle are no longer on. We shouldn’t hear about them ever again.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Why are they pushing Jack and Phyllis? She is disgusting and banged his brother. Yet Sally is portrayed as an evil being for helping a moron get a job. Speaking of, Summer and Kyle are no longer on. We shouldn’t hear about then ever again.

Agree!  Too bad their contracts got renewed after all so we will see them again though not sure how much!

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

It took time to finally watch the Friday (US) episode.

On 10/1/2021 at 3:30 PM, Waldo13 said:

Give me a break Olive Oyl who Ashland really is. That was 40 years ago and your still going to hold that over his head?  Olive you were no angel and you did very questionable things. Does Ashland land know all about you past indiscretions?  Banana Breath, you horrible piece of shit,  who gave you the right to judge Ashland. You’re not above reproach either. 

Victoria has reason to be disturbed by Locke-ness' lack of veracity with his past. He choses to tell her family a vague version of his origins. She accepts his version when he tells her there will be no more discoveries.

Of course that's not enough for the likes of Victor, NotBilly or Nick. Victor recognizes Locke-ness' blackmailer, Jesse Gaines; confronts Gaines, pays him off, with a threat, and tells Locke-ness his blackmailer has been eliminated. NotBilly is thwarted from getting his damaging information from Gaines to end Victoria's engagement.

Nick has his own suspicions, and with Phyllis' able tech skills, that surpass Victor's Black Ops and NotBilly's simian research department. Nick flies to New Jersey to find out about Locke-ness past. He returns with the Locke-ness' true name and Locke-ness is again forced to tell the truth about who he was, and the name he appropriated to start a new life.

Victoria is blindsided by another revelation, and Locke-ness tries to avoid expanding on his personal and business history again.

Victoria just wants to know who Locke-ness is and what he's still withholding from her -- She knows him well enough that he hasn't told her everything due to his past lack of candor and his attempts to soft sell his history.

Nikki is going to be in a major quandary in defending her son or standing with her daughter. The lesser of two evils, Olive, would be my choice but it seems that Nikki is on her son’s side.  Nikki is the essence of  Judgey Judy. Why is it that Nikki and others can’t remember things in their past but judge people on their past. I don’t think Nikki ever told Victor about the son, Det Deadwood, she had with Paul.  Nikki is a killer and Ashland is not. 

Nicki has been questioning Locke-ness' honesty from the beginning (the Xerox-eries sale), agreed with Victor's investigation of Locke-ness, and is defending Nick's reasons for dragging out his past -- Some might admit finding your dead friend in a burning car and having the wherewithal to exchange identification to incinerate your past is somewhat mercenary.

Nicki has an unseemly criminal past of her own, but being Genoa City's elite forgives most of those indiscretions and felonies unless a new crime is committed.

Banana Breath feels he’s Olive’s knight in shining armor when it comes to her relationship but where is Banana Breath’a knight to ward him off from Rodan. By the way Rodan’s middle name is Betrayal.  Of all people Rodan should keep her CAW CAW to herself. Maybe Ashland took the identity of a person who was already dead but Rodan tried to make two people dead. Rodan also succeeded, maybe not intentionally, of making one person dead.

Nick always plays the hero with feet of clay; his methods are lacking, but he makes it up in determination to do exactly what he's set his mind to ... right or wrong. Nick is a champion in his own mind, and Phyllis eggs him on because she needs to feed his conceit to stay on his good side. 

Nick ignores Victoria's directive to leave Locke-ness' past alone -- I understand why Nick went to Toms River. I don't agree with his aggressive stance to confront Locke-ness. In any case, Nick forced Locke-ness to tell his side of the story and Victoria got another version of Locke-ness' history.

I expect there's much more about Locke-ness' past, and present, he's not saying. He desperately needs the wedding to Victoria to happen.

I’m a little miffed at Mariah today. Tessa is 100% correct about Mariah having a knee jerk reaction but Mariah is not listening. Tessa gave you love and understanding to be a surrogate but Mariah has to understand if Tessa doesn’t want to be pregnant at this time.  In my humble opinion it’s better to wait until Mariah can get pregnant again. Mariah is the one that needs to be pregnant more than Tessa. The pregnancy and birth would give Mariah more intimacy with the baby as she shared with Bowie. The interactions between Mariah and Tessa are the best Y&R has to offer bar none. 

Mariah is being irrational and unbalanced about her Baby Rabies, and it's deliberately written to be a debilitating case of Baby Crazy Rabies -- It's communicable!

Mariah is still expressing milk for Bowie, which stimulates her hormones, and pressing her post-partum depression into full bloom. During her talk with Tessa, she fakes calm to play along so she can convince Tessa having a baby the best thing for them, but loses her temper because being described as unbalanced makes her irrational ... How about that.

Mariah is so used to being unbalanced from the pregnancy, terror of the kidnapping, and post-birth blues, she doesn't remember what normal is like. The replacement baby sounds right because she's still teeming with hormones and fear from the kidnapping. All she does is sleep, rest, hang in the hotel room and ruminate on what she's lost. Other than Tessa, and Sharon's recent ham-handed visit to counsel Mariah, she has no outside contact or stimulation.

Mariah is ill and being allowed to avoid proper therapy or medication so TIIC can build this story arc into irrational Mariah chasing after sperm to get pregnant shortly after she acted as Abby's incubator. Shock and betrayal and regret ... Oh my!

Jack’s and Ashland’s interactions would be exceptional also if they had better characters to interact with.  Jack and Sally come close as does Jack and Tracy. 

RB is carrying most of the drama, story line and water for the other actors, particularly NotBilly and Nick, EH has stepped up her acting substantially since RB arrived, and is holding her own. I'm hoping Locke-ness stays on Show. 

Jack is all soapy regrets and romantic notions about Dina and Phyllis -- The two women who did the most emotional damage by their betrayals. He doesn't seem to be able to see the forest from the trees with either of them and is falling deeper into self-delusion about their nobility and love. Phyllis revels in Jack's positive attention, flattery and how easy it is to please him, unlike Nick who is asking for something more substantive than fucking in the elevator.

Jack and Tracy are great together, but she's blinded by her own idyllic notions of love and romance -- Being a romance writer has to color her idealism and shroud her past failures in romantic relationships.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

It would be great if Summer passed away off camera. Like she gets hit by a car crossing the street or is murdered. Then Phyllis can go to Italy to work on the case and we would never see her again either.

Getting hit by a teen who is driving distracted would be karma. That is how she killed Chelsea's fetus. Daddy gave Summer a new car and no punishment when he should have given her a bus pass.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Getting hit by a teen who is driving distracted would be karma. That is how she killed Chelsea's fetus. Daddy gave Summer a new car and no punishment when he should have given her a bus pass.

And a good kick in the ass.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Phyllis and Nick always excused her appalling behavior. From her bullying days to baby killing they think the sun shines out of her gross ass. Phyllis kept it from Nick that Summer chased after her uncle Billy like a dog in heat and allowed herself to be used for revenge. The idiot thought Billy was interested! She is so dumb. I’m sure should Nick ever find out he will blame the big bad Billy instead of his stupid slut of a daughter.

• Love 15

Okay, so they wanted Darvon to bore the baby to sleep, I mean bond with his off spring. But couldn't they come up with a better excuse for Abby to leave? It would have been more believable that any staff member working at the Chancellor Estate would have gone to pick up the saline drops. Or one of her employees at her restaurant, which actually would have been quicker. Or a stranger on one of those delivery apps. Or maybe even Rexx Rugs delivers? For Abby the fully clothed heiress to run out on that trivial errand just made it seem like she wanted an excuse to get away from that salami wrapped in a baby blanket. 'Cause there was really no other reason for her to go pick up the saline drops.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Okay, so they wanted Darvon to bore the baby to sleep, I mean bond with his off spring. But couldn't they come up with a better excuse for Abby to leave? It would have been more believable that any staff member working at the Chancellor Estate would have gone to pick up the saline drops. Or one of her employees at her restaurant, which actually would have been quicker. Or a stranger on one of those delivery apps. Or maybe even Rexx Rugs delivers? For Abby the fully clothed heiress to run out on that trivial errand just made it seem like she wanted an excuse to get away from that salami wrapped in a baby blanket. 'Cause there was really no other reason for her to go pick up the saline drops.

Yes, it did look like little Hickory Farms was getting on her last nerve.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Yes, it did look like little Hickory Farms was getting on her last nerve.

Maybe she went for crackers and a cheese spread?  

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

Banana Breath’s and Nostrils’ interaction, A) Prick vs Prick, B) Ass Hole vs Ass Hole, C) Shit for Brains vs Shit for Brains. Which one is the better description?  My vote is D) All of the above. 

Abby suck it up. You wanted a baby so bad and you have to live with the consequences of a fussy baby.  Yes Abby, call Devon but not your fantastic nanny.  Even thinking about calling Mariah shows how selfish you are.  To Abby, Olive Oyl, Banana Breath, and Nostrils kids are just accessories.  Bowie is congested because he can’t breath freely because he’s rapped up like a stuffed sausage.  I said this before and I’ll say it again. I’m tired of Chance being treated like a ghost. Kill him or recast him please. Abby selfishness is on display once again in not waiting for Chance to come home like the video blogs should satisfy him on all that he has missed with Bowie. 

When I first saw Amanda, at the Grand Albatross, I thought she was wearing a robe and not a coat. 

Olive, Ashland’s basic lies of omission are not nearly like the lying to your face Nostrils or even J.T. has done. If you feel that Ashland has lied to your face than why don’t you tell Ashland about all the many skeletons in your closet.  

And another monkey wrench has been thrown into the wheels of progress. But are we to believe a 20 year old boy had the knowledge, forethought, and wherewithal to have the will changed or even tampered with?  No thought given to Ashland actually being in the will? 

I got news for Banana Breath and Nostrils, Ashland has a million times more character than they could ever have. 

I have two lingering thoughts. Why isn’t Olive going to Summer’s and Kyle’s wedding?  Isn’t Olive part of the immediate family?  In addition, is Ashland’s chemo over or is he going to continue his chemo in Tuscany?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I have two lingering thoughts. Why isn’t Olive going to Summer’s and Kyle’s wedding?  Isn’t Olive part of the immediate family?  In addition, is Ashland’s chemo over or is he going to continue his chemo in Tuscany?  

I've seen letters to Dear Abby about stuff like this. Usually the whole family gets dragged into a huge to-do about who's being the most selfish and it's a huge fucking mess. 

• Love 10

Sally is delusional. Why would a Newman-branded media company be selling knock-off clothes online? It makes no sense and IMO she's coming across more desperate than spunky.

Phyllis, Nick's monkey business with Summer's DNA tests is a big part of the reason Jack is so hung up on her. For the better part of a year Jack was allowed to think she was his biological kid, and thereby a permanent connection to you. It's not just because he played midwife when she was born. The circumstances were not like the current situation with Devon, Tater, and Abby. Shut up. 😒

Sure, Sally. Adam the Harvard MBA is an excellent judge of women's wedding couture. 🙄

Oy, Ashland, do you really want to be five miles over the middle of a dark ocean when you finally tell your beleaguered fianceé the whole messy story about your background? Fed up Victoria could kick you out of the jet's emergency exit and tell everybody you jumped. 😉

Phyllis and Billy being on speaking terms is still weird to me. But I guess they're sort of going to be in-laws now so they at least have to try to be civil.

If Ashland pulled shenanigans with that woman's will to get money he wasn't entitled to, it could be prosecutable, no? I'm thinking he must have been paying off more people besides that Gaines guy.

It's sad to me how Ashland arrived in GC like a champion stallion and now the Newmans have pretty much reduced him to a gelding. Victoria has taken his business empire, Victor has his blackmailer, and Nick has the 40-year old dirt. I wouldn't be surprised if Noah gets to run over Ashland in the NE parking garage. 😏

Too bad their contracts got renewed after all

Did they get renewed? I thought it was just a temporary appearance to wrap up the weddings. At this point it's still kind of uncertain whether there will be one wedding or two. (And whether one of them will turn out like the Game of Thrones' Red Wedding, lol.)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 10/3/2021 at 1:45 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

ness tries to avoid expanding on his personal and business history.

Victoria just wants to know who Locke-ness is and what he's still withholding from her -- She knows him well enough to know he hasn't

I had it wrong MM and HK had renewed their contracts.  They are only back on for a brief appearance for their wedding.  Phew!

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

I have to say, it irks me to have to listen to any Newman Media nonsense knowing that somewhere across town GLORIA is running Lauren’s company! 
THAT is an office I would like to watch in action!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Banana Breath’s and Nostrils’ interaction, A) Prick vs Prick, B) Ass Hole vs Ass Hole, C) Shit for Brains vs Shit for Brains. Which one is the better description?  My vote is D) All of the above. 

My go-to is Waste of Skin for NotBilly and Manchild for Nick.

Abby suck it up. You wanted a baby so bad and you have to live with the consequences of a fussy baby.  Yes Abby, call Devon but not your fantastic nanny.  Even thinking about calling Mariah shows how selfish you are.  

Why is Abby always in a panic over Bowie? Calm down Mom!

Can't sooth Bowie -- Call Rev Darvon. He'll bring his Magic 8 Ball, and sort it out.

The very attachment problem that forced Mariah to leave, Abby is encouraging in Darvon. He's going along because he hasn't decided there should be some emotional limitations between himself and Bowie. And Abby is so lonely and needy, she's falling into the habit of using Rev Darvon to rely on for emotional support she should be getting from Chance.

Phyllis being skeptical that Hillary 2.0 is certain Rev Darvon's growing devotion to Bowie and Abby won't be an issue in their future -- Phyllis knows all about how a biological child can be a major wedge issue in a relationship, ending in ruin, broken hearts and blasted in the media.

To Abby, Olive Oyl, Banana Breath, and Nostrils kids are just accessories.  Bowie is congested because he can’t breath freely because he’s rapped up like a stuffed sausage.  I said this before and I’ll say it again. I’m tired of Chance being treated like a ghost. Kill him or recast him please. Abby selfishness is on display once again in not waiting for Chance to come home like the video blogs should satisfy him on all that he has missed with Bowie.

To TIIC, little kids are accessories, objects of dramatic story arcs, to be spoken of but not seen. And TIIC write scripts accordingly.

There's the expense of casting children for day player work and Covid-19 considerations; it's easier to have Bowie presented as a Hickory Farms Summer Sausage wrapped in a blanket, and the rest of the coterie of children off screen, we assume going to school, fed and maintained by the invisible nanny's.

At a certain point the kids are SORASed and sent to boarding school for the sake of Show continuity and budget considerations. 

When I first saw Amanda, at the Grand Albatross, I thought she was wearing a robe and not a coat. 

Y&R must have made a big investment in wrap coats, with huge lapels for the fall.

Olive, Ashland’s basic lies of omission are not nearly like the lying to your face Nostrils or even J.T. has done. If you feel that Ashland has lied to your face than why don’t you tell Ashland about all the many skeletons in your closet.

But they aren't lies of omission. He has told her numerous times there's no there there with Locke-ness. Then he's forced by circumstance (The Ranch confession) or confrontation (Nick returns from New Jersey with his real name) to admit there is something else about Locke-ness. The first time Victoria accepted Locke-ness' story at face value, but the second admission shows a pattern of deliberate misrepresentation. 

As far as we've been shown Victoria hasn't withheld or whitewashed her past. You can't say the same thing for Locke-ness. He is very adept a diffusing questions, speaking in generalities and avoiding specifics, deftly changing the subject with flattery or subject diversions, lying like he breaths. 

I'm certain Locke-ness did a full and thorough vetting of the Newman family, and has a clear understanding he's marrying into a criminal Newman Enterprise.

She got no satisfactory answers questioning Locke-ness, why would Victoria agree to continue the discussion in a private plane flying from Genoa City to their wedding destination?

And another monkey wrench has been thrown into the wheels of progress. But are we to believe a 20 year old boy had the knowledge, forethought, and wherewithal to have the will changed or even tampered with?  No thought given to Ashland actually being in the will? 

Depending on what state you live in, probate court documents are not open to the public.

I expect NotBilly's latest investigation (I would have thought NotBilly had already beaten those bushes) to stop Victoria's wedding, is by accusing Locke-ness of stealing the money from his benefactress' estate to buy the two TV stations ... The next anvil drop.

I got news for Banana Breath and Nostrils, Ashland has a million times more character than they could ever have.

Locke-ness is a more interesting character than NotBilly and Nick, but TIIC are determined to tear him apart in front of us and Victoria.

I have two lingering thoughts. Why isn’t Olive going to Summer’s and Kyle’s wedding?  Isn’t Olive part of the immediate family?  In addition, is Ashland’s chemo over or is he going to continue his chemo in Tuscany? 

Was Victoria invited to Dumber/Kyle's wedding?

Good point. Locke-ness' cancer treatment seems to be on the backburner. He does seem to have plenty of energy and able to make veiled threats at Nick to not discuss his original name and the circumstances where he became Ashland Locke. Nick's already told Phyllis, so she should be jibbering to NotBilly very soon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sally is delusional. Why would a Newman-branded media company be selling knock-off clothes online? It makes no sense and IMO she's coming across more desperate than spunky.

Phyllis, Nick's monkey business with Summer's DNA tests is a big part of the reason Jack is so hung up on her. For the better part of a year Jack was allowed to think she was his biological kid, and thereby a permanent connection to you. It's not just because he played midwife when she was born. The circumstances were not like the current situation with Devon, Tater, and Abby. Shut up. 😒

Sure, Sally. Adam the Harvard MBA is an excellent judge of women's wedding couture. 🙄

Oy, Ashland, do you really want to be five miles over the middle of a dark ocean when you finally tell your beleaguered fianceé the whole messy story about your background? Fed up Victoria could kick you out of the jet's emergency exit and tell everybody you jumped. 😉

Phyllis and Billy being on speaking terms is still weird to me. But I guess they're sort of going to be in-laws now so they at least have to try to be civil.

If Ashland pulled shenanigans with that woman's will to get money he wasn't entitled to, it could be prosecutable, no? I'm thinking he must have been paying off more people besides that Gaines guy.

It's sad to me how Ashland arrived in GC like a champion stallion and now the Newmans have pretty much reduced him to a gelding. Victoria has taken his business empire, Victor has his blackmailer, and Nick has the 40-year old dirt. I wouldn't be surprised if Noah gets to run over Ashland in the NE parking garage. 😏

Did they get renewed? I thought it was just a temporary appearance to wrap up the weddings. At this point it's still kind of uncertain whether there will be one wedding or two. (And whether one of them will turn out like the Game of Thrones' Red Wedding, lol.)

This post should be transcribed on a new Rosetta stone so future generations can discover what brilliant humor is all about.

Joimiaroxeu, 

giphy.gif

you done KILLED me ####DEAD####,

and I died laughing!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Teeny tiny itsy bitsy query.......who the hell sits at home in some sort of off the shoulder, blinding white fancy dress and heels while playing cards and drinking beer instead of kicking off the shoes and getting into something comfortable????????????????

Oh yeah, that would be Amanda.  And Phyllis.  And Abby.  And every other woman in this Bizarro town.  Of course, this is the same town where Cherries Jubilee! and Baked Alaska are the new and cutting edge desserts.

I wonder when da wimmins will get the vote?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 17
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, boes said:

This post should be transcribed on a new Rosetta stone so future generations can discover what brilliant humor is all about.

Joimiaroxeu, 

giphy.gif

you done KILLED me ####DEAD####,

and I died laughing!

Aw shucks, boes. thx. (And that's one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes. "I've been working out! I'm huge!")

Meanwhile, I too am wondering if Victoria was invited to Summer and Kyle's wedding. It sounded like they were trying to keep it small so who knows if anyone outside of the parents and grandparents made the cut. (But you'd think Ashland would've been invited because of Harrison.)

Also, wasn't it kind of rude of the trust fund brats to schedule their ceremony so close to Victoria's anyway? Forget about the carbon footprint of multiple trips to Europe, there are at least three private jets headed to those weddings. Why couldn't the guests flying in from GC just get one big jumbo jet and all go together? Yeesh, these rich people. Always gotta be flexing. 🙄

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 14

That skin tight skirt that Phyllis has been wearing for the past week is just awful looking on her and obviously uncomfortable. Please burn that skirt if she ever takes it off. Thanks.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3

For Pete’s sake, unwrap that poor baby already.  I know swaddling is a thing, but that kid probably can’t breathe.  Abby is turning out to be the worst kind of mother.  She doesn’t seem to be able to handle anything. And if the baby is sick, with a fever, isn’t the first thing you do is take it to the doctor, especially in this time of Covid?  I can see her being one of those helicopter mothers. 

If you thought Phyllis’s skirt is bad, what about Sally’s animal print?  She looks like one of those desnudas in NYC who walk around in nothing but body paint.  That is one ugly dress. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I am so very tired of this baby story; it was poorly conceived (pun!)…and poorly acted by everyone except Mariah and Tessa. And sad as it makes me to say this, I am tired of Mariah; the actress deserves better. We the viewers deserve better. I am starting to detest the moronic Abby, the ever-obliging Devon, the whispery-voiced, ludicrously dressed, elf eared Sharon. Actually the only one I don’t detest right now is Tessa. Please, whoever is in charge, find a way to end it.  Soon.

I want the much-feared, intimidating Ashland Locke back. Not someone who carries Victoria’s purse and gets intimidated by the likes of the Billy.  Billy!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I am so very tired of this baby story; it was poorly conceived (pun!)…and poorly acted by everyone except Mariah and Tessa. And sad as it makes me to say this, I am tired of Mariah; the actress deserves better. We the viewers deserve better. I am starting to detest the moronic Abby, the ever-obliging Devon, the whispery-voiced, ludicrously dressed, elf eared Sharon. Actually the only one I don’t detest right now is Tessa. Please, whoever is in charge, find a way to end it.  Soon.

I want the much-feared, intimidating Ashland Locke back. Not someone who carries Victoria’s purse and gets intimidated by the likes of the Billy.  Billy!

I'm right there with you. This is ridiculous. 

• Love 15

I can understand that "Bobby's" Dad would take the tat as evidence that his son died in the car crash & burn accident.  But was it ever explained how the real Ashland Locke survived but no family or guardians or friends ever wondered why he looked like his former buddy Bobby?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I can understand that "Bobby's" Dad would take the tat as evidence that his son died in the car crash & burn accident.  But was it ever explained how the real Ashland Locke survived but no family or guardians or friends ever wondered why he looked like his former buddy Bobby?

How did Victor survive? Didn't he run away from the orphanage at like 16? How did rise to be so wealthy? I know he got a lot of help from Mrs. C. at the beginning  but he was already some kind of executive by then. It's a haze.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Huh, the highly-anticipated Palazzo is kind of dark and junky. It looks like a Continental version of the Abbott manse to me.

Devon moves Amanda into the penthouse and immediately turns around and spends the night with Abby. Hmmm. Is some ish about to start between Abby and Amanda? 🤔

Mariah's hair looked fabulous.

Chloe, "double-mogul wedding day" is not a thing except perhaps on a Swiss Alps ski slope. Tsk tsk to the MWT who wrote that line. 🙄

Wow, the Palazzo bedroom looks amazingly a lot like Ashland's Manhattan apartment bedroom. What a coincidence!

I want to root for Sally but she makes it so hard sometimes. Flying to Italy with the spec gown is ridiculous. But hey, at least no one's been tied to a radiator yet. (One of her bad moments on B&B. 😒)

Whoa, Mariah, ease up on that imperious tone you're taking with Abby on Tater's care. She's his mother; you're not.🤨

Really, Victor? You can't send your crack security team to sit on Billy until after the wedding? Using Adam to block him is wrong on a multitude of levels. Geez.

Oy, I might see a kidnapping in Tater's future. Finding out that not only is he ill, but Abby is weaning him off breast milk, seemed to be quite a two-fisted gut punch for Mariah.

Poor Tessa. How awful for her to have to watch Mariah falling apart emotionally.

Jesse Gaines is probably locked in a room underneath the Newman ranch stables, or he's cooling his heels in someplace with no extradition treaty with the US. Whatever, yawn. Wake me when it's over, that is, the saga of Ashland's never-ending secrets. 😑

• Love 13

Did I miss something?  Wasn’t Nostrils told he was uninvited to Olive Oyl’s wedding?  Is the sound of air rushing in an out of The Cave of The Winds so loud, Nostrils could not hear Olive telling him to go fuck himself. 

Is it time to change Sharon’s name to Debbie Downer?  

Bowie slept through the night and like everyone else in GC, doesn’t need to go to the bathroom. So Abby, the blithering idiot, doesn’t need to check if Bowie needs a diaper change.  Check his breathing and temperature but let Bowie get diaper rash.  

Hasn’t Tessa learned her lesson in talking to Sharon and now Rey is chiming in. 

I really hate to say this but by having Abby’s egg in her womb, Mariah has absorbed Abby’s selfishness and need for instant gratification. Mariah is being selfish in asking Tessa to get pregnant and not waiting until she can get pregnant.  In addition, Mariah has inherited Abby’s OCD over Bowie.  Fuck TIIC for turning Mariah into another Abby and one Abby is much more than enough. 

It’s suggested but not mandated that a healthy young woman like Mariah shouldn’t get pregnant for 6 months to a year.  It’s not as common today as in the past where babies are born within 12 months of each other (I’m going to be politically correct in not using the term for this occurrence).  

As for no public record of the will that must be Rodan’s doing for she is the premier hacker of all time. Rodan just forgot about it just like the rest of all her past nefarious interactions. Ok, so Nostrils has located Jesse. Now what?  Jesse will betray The Darth Lord Victor?  Jesse will wish he was dead.  

• Love 9

Did I miss something?  Wasn’t Nostrils told he was uninvited to Olive Oyl’s wedding?  Is the sound of air rushing in an out of The Cave of The Winds so loud, Nostrils could not hear Olive telling him to go fuck himself. 

I certainly heard him be uninvited but was it by Drinki. I don't know if Mop even is aware.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I’ve always thought that Mariah was one of the few intelligent, rational, reasonable humans in GC. Now, these writers have destroyed that belief. Thanks, writers!!!!

• Love 14
21 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Was Victoria invited to Dumber/Kyle's wedding?

I don't think so. IIRC it was stated that they are having a small wedding with just immediate family. I doubt even little Hassenfeffer was invited.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Also, wasn't it kind of rude of the trust fund brats to schedule their ceremony so close to Victoria's anyway? Forget about the carbon footprint of multiple trips to Europe, there are at least three private jets headed to those weddings. Why couldn't the guests flying in from GC just get one big jumbo jet and all go together? Yeesh, these rich people. Always gotta be flexing. 🙄

Just wait 'til they start piercing the ozone with their rocket ships. I hear Faith and Moses are getting married on the moon.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

I don't know what Sharon has done to her face but she's gotten scary looking.  Those lips look ready to explode, she can't blink and her face looks like it came out of a cement mould.

Is she getting a Halloween special all her own?

4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Jesse Gaines is probably locked in a room underneath the Newman ranch stables, or he's cooling his heels in someplace with no extradition treaty with the US. Whatever, yawn. Wake me when it's over, that is, the saga of Ashland's never-ending secrets. 😑

I have a feeling the writers are just messing with us now.  Ashland couldn't tell us his last deep, dark secret because the writers haven't come down from their peyote high enough to write it down yet.

It could be any number of things.....

"Victoria, my REAL real name isn't Bobby DeFranco.  I was adopted.  I'm really Ernest P. Snogwizzle the third."

"Victoria, I don't know how to tell you this, but..... I never miss a Furby convention.  Let's be woodchucks together".

"Victoria, I've never told a living soul, but I've been living with the heartbreak of psoriasis".

"Victoria, I have a twin growing out of my left shoulder".

"Victoria.....I bankrolled Showgirls.......and I know all the lyrics to King Kong, the musical."

"Victoria, I'm addicted to Senokot Laxative gummies.  And Jessie Gaines is my dealer".

"Victoria, I've gotten close to you only because I'm hopelessly in love with ButtBiscuit",

Speaking of ButtBiscuit, he's looking more and more like a Slim Jim that's been stuck to the bottom of a backpack since 2001.  If he drips anymore oil off of his face Genoa City is going to become a Superfund site.

I'm not buying that "Lily is off helping Mattie" bullshit.  Lily's kids have had her kidnapped and she's in a motel room in Bakersfield right now being deprogrammed.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Being uninvited to an occasion never stopped NotBilly from crashing a party.

NotBilly was probing Nick to find out what Nick learned in New Jersey about Locke-ness, and if it was damaging enough for Victoria to cancel the wedding.

Is it time to change Sharon’s name to Debbie Downer?  

Sharon should only be asked about how many cookie/brownies it takes to put an average 12 yearold in a diabetic coma, how to make a latte, negotiating coffee bean pricing, how to pay to have your face misshapen and be spray tanned orange for Halloween.

All other queries should be tabled for experts that are not Sharon.

Bowie slept through the night and like everyone else in GC, doesn’t need to go to the bathroom. So Abby, the blithering idiot, doesn’t need to check if Bowie needs a diaper change.  Check his breathing and temperature but let Bowie get diaper rash. 

As a Hickory Farms Summer Sausage, Bowie cannot be fed, therefore no reason for a diaper change.

In the Soap world no one urinates or has bowel movements. And what ever you do, don't bring up menstruation. 

A sausage needing saline drops is peculiar. 

Hasn’t Tessa learned her lesson in talking to Sharon and now Rey is chiming in. 

Who is Tessa supposed to talk to while Mariah is off her pins with Baby Rabies? 

Sharon is useless as a counselor, but she's Mariah's mother and someone has to tell her how Mariah is doing, because Mariah is suspicious and guarded with Sharon.

I really hate to say this but by having Abby’s egg in her womb, Mariah has absorbed Abby’s selfishness and need for instant gratification. Mariah is being selfish in asking Tessa to get pregnant and not waiting until she can get pregnant.  In addition, Mariah has inherited Abby’s OCD over Bowie.  Fuck TIIC for turning Mariah into another Abby and one Abby is much more than enough.

Mariah "needs a baby" or so she says. She's upset Abby wants to wean Bowie off of her breast milk, and after finding out Bowie has some congestion, she's staying in Genoa City "in case Bowie needs her."

That's irrational hyper-vigilance (earlier about Stitch as a looming threat and now Bowie's health), obsessing about having a baby to save herself from feeling the loss of having nowhere to use her maternal love for Bowie and the the trauma of the kidnapping.

Mariah is being written as a hostage of her hormones and fear, not being allowed to find a way to sort herself out. 

To stop expressing milk will help, but Mariah needs professional help because she's going downhill fast.

I hate what TIIC are doing to Mariah and Tessa, 

It’s suggested but not mandated that a healthy young woman like Mariah shouldn’t get pregnant for 6 months to a year.  It’s not as common today as in the past where babies are born within 12 months of each other (I’m going to be politically correct in not using the term for this occurrence)

What are you suggesting Grumps?

I expect either Mariah will go on a man hunt for sperm, or she'll insert herself in Abby's helicopter mothering, and neither of those situations will help Mariah. 

As for no public record of the will that must be Rodan’s doing for she is the premier hacker of all time. Rodan just forgot about it just like the rest of all her past nefarious interactions. Ok, so Nostrils has located Jesse. Now what?  Jesse will betray The Darth Lord Victor?  Jesse will wish he was dead.

40 years ago Rodan was still flattening Tokyo and terrorizing suburban drive-ins.

60720573_1_x.jpg?auto=webp&format=pjpg&q

The OG Locke-ness had plenty of backbone to find a way of eliminating the Rhodes will and accounts of the estate years ago. 

Jesse Gaines (or his father) likely did the dirty work and was holding to original documents as leverage for the blackmail, and Locke-ness was paying for his silence.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Jesse Gaines (or his father) likely did the dirty work and was holding to original documents as leverage for the blackmail, and Locke-ness was paying for his silence.

As boring as that sounds it's probably more interesting that whatever final secret they reveal. I'm getting bored in self defense of the stupid path this story line has taken. I don't understand where the story line with promise went, where the hoarse whisperer's cancer went, and don't get me wrong - I'm glad they're gone - but where this feature character's ex and child went. Poof, it's all gone. Did everything change on a dime when Kyle's contract wasn't renewed? Was everything that was interesting originally tied to Tarahrahboomdiyay? Was the budget recently dramatically slashed so that story lines went out the window? Are these writers so weak and talentless that they can't roll with the punches? Are there too many cooks in the kitchen? Is anyone in charge? And I'm still mystified that we had a build up to Faith and Moses' big date to the geriatric hot spot in town (probably for the early bird special) and then they didn't show it. Shouldn't we have seen the date, and shouldn't something have happened story-wise in some direction, even if it wasn't about them, but at least in addition to whatever their story is supposed to be? And if they had no intention of showing us the date, why give it a build up? What was the point? Faith and Moses are already about as dull as it gets. At least show us Faith and Moses playing canasta with Lauren and Michael. (I'm starved for any excuse to see Michael and Lauren.) And Gloria's new job - there's story there, even if it's comic relief. But she got the job and poof, we don't see it or even hear any more about it. Is it because there was no way to shoehorn Syph into these story lines?

• Love 15
21 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

For Pete’s sake, unwrap that poor baby already.  I know swaddling is a thing, but that kid probably can’t breathe.  Abby is turning out to be the worst kind of mother.  She doesn’t seem to be able to handle anything. And if the baby is sick, with a fever, isn’t the first thing you do is take it to the doctor, especially in this time of Covid?  I can see her being one of those helicopter mothers. 

Norman....Norman....put down the bowie knife auntie Mariah bought you for you fifth birthday. Norman...I mean Tragaren...I mean Torrin....I mean Loki...Brian? You wouldn't harm Mother, would you.

18 hours ago, Kemper said:

Locke's final act should be wiping Chance.com of the show. (Sorry Lily but you turned into an enabling doormat in record time.) If Billy comes out a hero (and Kummer returns)I may have to take another 6 to 12 month break. Putrid stuff.

16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Huh, the highly-anticipated Palazzo is kind of dark and junky. It looks like a Continental version of the Abbott manse to me.

Thata was somea bad Italiana Accenta.

Back at Abby's (I still say it looks like and empty one liter coke bottle)

A summer sausage needing saline drops is peculiar.

I like summer sausage (made of real Summer?) no that would be mostly lips.  

Sizzled in sweet and sour sauce with a bit of brown mustard.....NumNum

• LOL 17

Ashland explains every transgression away with tales of youthful naivete and crushed loves. First his BF dies the night before the interview with Camilla, so he takes that. Then she dies, and he takes her estate. Does Victoria not see he is at the very least a serial opportunist, but probably worse? If I was Victoria, thinking back to his artistic rendering of The Newman-Locke Twix Bar Twin Towers, I would be scared I was about to become just another part of his tragedy narrative.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Ashland explains every transgression away with tales of youthful naivete and crushed loves. First his BF dies the night before the interview with Camilla, so he takes that. Then she dies, and he takes her estate. Does Victoria not see he is at the very least a serial opportunist, but probably worse? If I was Victoria, thinking back to his artistic rendering of The Newman-Locke Twix Bar Twin Towers, I would be scared I was about to become just another part of his tragedy narrative.

And yet even with all that, he's still miles better than pretty much any of the men she's been involved with or related to.

Every one of us have written a better background storyline for Ashland than the writers have done, even if it's all been in our own heads.

• Love 17

If this isn't the most punchable face in the world, I don't know what is.

Billy-beam-YR-CBS.jpg?resize=1024,598

IDGAF about Ashland's past and won't unless someone can show me where he committed rape by proxy (Victor/Marco/Phyllis) or kidnapped his then-wife's lover, put him in a cage and fed him rats (Victor/Michael/Julia) or forced a man clearly in the throes of a heart attack to sign a contract before lifting a finger to provide medical assistance (Victor/Ashland) or left their young child alone in a car that was parked on a busy highway (the asshole pictured above) or cheated with his brother's wife (asshole) or cheated with his girlfriend's daughter (yep, still the same puckered asshole). Otherwise, I'm not interested.

And if Victoria is too stupid to understand this, then I hope he dumps her bony ass but good.

As a palate cleanser, thank goodness for Sally, who is looking so adorable here.

FBCbaOnX0AQnQxQ?format=jpg&name=small

• Love 17

I’m very sorry that I’m getting political here but can TIIC stop advocating for the use of a private company jet. Now Ashland is sending his company jet to pick up Natey Nate Nate and Elena to bring them to Tuscany. So Ashland is using his company jet as an Uber service.  As I said before and I will say it again, 2 first class commercial airline tickets would be a hell of a lot cheaper than flying private. 

Sally is definitely refreshing. Sure Sally is quirky but unlike Rodan’s quirkiness, Sally is much more charming. 

Are TIIC trying to make us believe that Ashland’s body clock is off due to flying off to Europe and nothing to do with his chemo treatments 🙄

I’m now going to refer to Nostrils with a title that suits him to a tee.  I dub Nostrils as Nostrils the Weasel.  Nostrils the Weasel knows Natey Nate Nate and Elena are Ashland’s friend but he just has spread the word about how he feels about Ashland. So he just pulls up a chair, uninvited, and continues to be irritating.  Until there is definite proof of Ashland’s wrong doings, Nostrils the Weasel is just slandering Ashland.  Natey Nate Nate just heard that Nostrils the Weasel is anti marriage and Adam is pro marriage but Natey Nate Nate thinks Adam is more troublesome.  

If Jesse thinks that Nostrils the Weasel can protect him from Victor, Jesse is actually dumber than Summer.  Jesse,  Victor will have his people all over you like stink on shit and you would prefer being in an American jail for blackmail.  So you think you gave Victor’s people the slip. Keep thinking that for Victor already knows you did and that Nostrils the Weasel is behind it. So once again I ask, how is Nostrils the Weasel going to protect you and himself at the same time?  There is no hole deep enough or cave dark enough for them to hide from Victor.

Ok, so Ashland tells Olive that he forged the will. Where have we heard that storyline before 😜?  I had to laugh when Olive had more concern on her face not for Ashland’s story about changing the will but when she realized that Ashland and Victor had an understanding. With that being said, Olive’s biggest concern is now focused on her precious business.  Nostrils the Weasel, if you think Victor hates you now, just publish the story and you will never be heard from again. Neither will your buddy Jesse.  Don’t worry Olive, if the reputation of NE is on the line, Victor will ride in on his black stallion and save the day for Victor never looses. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Please let the Summer/Billy one-night-stand be outed. And that Billy did it for revenge… I think. Cannot remember. This might be the only thing that will truly take Billy down. Since Summer is gone, it should not matter if Victor/Adam’s company publishes it.  Too bad she was over 18. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14